Character Deck Tournament Three [Over] (Grats, Br'Aix/Byron!)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems like somehow this tournament is ending up much more one-sided than the previous ones...

It's because of those should-not-exist things known as the Elemental Dragons.

Boss Monsters that can be brought out for no cost whatsoever are horrendously overpowering in a format like this. You really should have dis-allowed them.

It's because of those should-not-exist things known as the Elemental Dragons.

Boss Monsters that can be brought out for no cost whatsoever are horrendously overpowering in a format like this. You really should have dis-allowed them.

From what I can tell, though, there's only two people who should be even playing them? Anyways, right now I have plans to limit it so you can only have 3 in a deck, meaning three individual copies of a card. That should greatly decrease swarm and Xyz shenanigans with them.

From what I can tell, though, there's only two people who should be even playing them? Anyways, right now I have plans to limit it so you can only have 3 in a deck, meaning three individual copies of a card. That should greatly decrease swarm and Xyz shenanigans with them.

I'm only speaking what I've observed.

And having even ONE Elemental Dragon in a deck is stupid.

E-Drags should be killed. I run 3 Tidal (and regret it...I should've just stuck with Nimble Sunfish), and can summon it very, very easily. In anime format, easily-droppable giant beaters are unfair, and take away from the coolness of using characters bosses and such. Even running 3 should not be allowed, given how spammable, advantagy, and generally uncool they are.

I guess they are a bit too spammable, and there isn't much sense in making it less than 3. I suppose I'll just disallow them for the next tournament. If you guys have suggestions for other cards to otherwise disallow, characters to add or disallow, or anything like that, please let me know in the banlist thread.

Aix and I did our first duel before DN went down, probably to fix the images like I was having trouble with. I got the first win, but anything could happen when we go back into it.

http://i.imgur.com/kdC16Sm.png

By the way, this isn't an excuse if I end up losing or anything, but I am sandbagging my use of the Elemental Dragons, even moreso than originally considering I found out Chazz's deck would have been a breeding ground for E-Dragons upon starting to build it. I purposely limited my use and abuse of them, and am not playing them the way that you would normally when I am dueling.

Archived