Character Deck Tournament Three [Over] (Grats, Br'Aix/Byron!)

Just thought this might be a fun little tournament to run. Basically, you pick a character from the list below and play a deck based on their decks with a set of criteria. The champion and second place winner each get 200 points and bragging rights!

Please DO NOT enter if you do not believe you will have time each week to duel.

The Rules:

- This tournament will be double elimination using the Advanced Format March 2013 banlist held on Dueling Network. Big Eye is banned for multiple reasons.

- There will be a total of 8-12 spots available Maximum participants reached.

- Post your DN info and which character you choose when you want to join.

- Up to TWO people can pick each character. The second will be considered an evil/good counterpart.

* If you have an idea for another character who is not from ZeXal, you may request it, but more than likely you will be turned down.

- At least 16 of your cards must be cards your character has played, including copies, in their Main Deck from the anime or manga. Other Characters require 21. (Since most of them right now only need 16, this is the way it will be phrased)

- MST, Heavy Storm, Dark Hole, Monster Reborn, Limiter Removal, Black Luster Soldier – Envoy of the Beginning and Exodia are excluded from counting as "character cards".

- Please stick to a character theme as closely as possible. It is okay to have secondary engines, but the other cards in your deck should not operate exclusively without your character cards. This will be upheld more strictly this time, and decks will be checked by a volunteer third party.

- You are allowed a side deck consisting of no more than 5 cards your Character doesn't use (in addition to any number of cards they do use), and you can never side out to have less Character cards in your deck than before..

- Your Extra Deck may include only THREE card not in your character's Extra Deck unless otherwise stated, including copies.

- Deck lists and entries will both be due to by April 15th. PM your decklists when ready to Wildflame for confirmation.

- Please post the end results of at least 1 of your duels in the form of a screenshot when you post the winner.

[spoiler="Tournament Bracket"]characterygo3.png[/spoiler]

Characters:

Yugi Muto (Need 21 Character cards)

Seto Kaiba (Need 21 Character cards)

Joey Wheeler (May use any number of Extra Deck cards not theirs)

Maximillion Pegasus (May use 5 Extra Deck cards not theirs) [BailisGale]

Bakura (May use 6 Extra Deck cards not theirs)

Mai Valentine (May use one of each Harpie Lady #1, 2, 3 as Character cards.)

Jaden Yuki (Need 21 Character cards. Can only use Character cards in Extra Deck)

Chazz Princeton [Me]

Syrus Truesdale (Need 21 Character cards)

Atticus Rhodes (Must use Red-Eyes B. Dragon.) [British]

Jack Atlas (Need 21 Character cards. Stardust counts as a Character card) [Evilfusion/Dementuo]

Velian Crowler (Need 21 Character cards)

Austin O'Brein (No heavy stall)

Akiza Izinski (Need 21 Character cards)(Stardust counts as a Character card)

Tetsu Trudge

Sayer (Psychic Nightmare and Psychic Lifetrancer are Character cards) [Bringer]

Carly Carmine [D.A.]

Rua (Need 21 Character cards.)

Tron (Need 21 Character cards. Includes Numbers owned as Character cards) [AznKvn/No'Braix]

Shark [Pacman]

- Entrants (Name/DN name/Character/Deck Approved) -

Zeppeli Gyro Supreme/supreme_slayer/Chazz/Yes

AznKvn/Kvn523/Tron/Yes

evilfusion/skielinfiniti/Jack Atlas/No

D.A. / SightlessReality / Carly Carmine / Yes

Dementuo/Dementuo/Imposter Jack/Yes

Zextra/zextra/Akiza/Yes

British Soul/silversalamence11/Atticus/Yes

Pacmanexus/-Pacman-/Shark/Yes

Bringerofcake/bringerofcake/Sayer/Yes

No Br'Aix/AixDivadis/Tron/No

BailisGale/BailasGale/Cyrus/Yes

LiteratureDude96/YugiohPro01/Jaden/Yes

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind doing the confirmation thingy.

I'm already inscribed in 3 tournaments right now, so playing, in the other hand...

Alright, thank you very much. I've been wanting to participate in this at least once so I can get a better idea of how it feels. Just be sure all of the rules are being followed, and remember that the cards count for any decks they used in the manga or anime, but not the games. Each character has a link to their decklists, so it shouldn't be too hard.

I'm sorry, but I really don't think that Alit is suitable for this tournament, considering how literally their entire deck is just an Archetype, and one that is very hard to deal with on top of that. If you could please pick someone from the list instead, that would make things much easier for everyone. I'm trying to make sure that the tournament is at least somewhat balanced.

Archived