• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Le App]Personal Information

Character Name: Nailah

Sex: Female

[spoiler=Personality:]Nailah was never one to speak unnecessarily  When she spoke it was always for a reason, and she never beat around the bush. To her words and language is important and shouldn't be wasted. Her father was Egyptian, and of all the gods he believed in he help high importance for Thoth. So in tern Nailah also came to heavily believe in Thoth, and it seemed as if it was fate because Nailah had a strong love for books, and the written language. Nailah also believes in a strict balance as does her patron God. In order to keep an overall balance in the world good and evil will need to coexistent  Due to this, Nailah, depending on which side needs to be balanced out that's the side she will be on.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Appearance:]Nailah is as shown in the picture with a few alterations. For starters her hair isn't early as long, only reaching just above her lower back and there aren't any flowers in her hair. Nailah keeps her hair in a high pony tail as to avoid having it in the way. She does, however, wear the golden band around her right forearm, left wrist, and neck. The rest of them she doesn't wear. A for her outfit there are a few pieces to it. The first piece is a black body suit like in the picture. The only difference in that instead of being skirt like at the bottom it just goes into form fitting pants. The next is a white halter top looking item, and a red sash tied around her waist. The last item is actually a mask that only covers her mouth and has the hieroglyphs for 'silence' carved into it. Also she does not wear any shoes.[/spoiler]

Combat Information

God: Thoth

[spoiler=Equipment:]
Pseudo-Was (Pronounced as the Was in Wasp): This is Nailah's primary weapon, along with her martial arts skills. In Egypt her patron God is depicted holding onto a Was which is the staff in the picture. Because of that Nailah was gifted with a similar staff, not the real one of course, but one fashioned just for her and gifted from her patron God.

Words of Thoth: This isn't a tangible item and something that is innate within her. Being the fighter for Thoth - who is thought of as the father of most if not all knowledge and the creator of speech - she has a way with words. The technical term for the powers in Vocifery, and her ability works the exact same way. Whatever she speaks will become a reality. If she says 'pool' then an actual pool will appear out of no where. She can speak things in and out of existence. Because of this she would normally have to watch what she said, but due to her mask it prevents her words from becoming reality. Unless she removes it which she only does in battle, and when she is being absolutely serious. This uses up a lot of her energy.

[spoiler=Rules]

Have the power over words is dangerous indeed, and if Nailah isn't careful she can harm even herself or destroy the entire world simply on accident. Due to this Thoth has decreed certain rules.

1. Under no circumstance can she speak a person to death or bring them back to life. As death is not her patron's realm she would be disrespecting Osiris by doing so.

2. Due to it being such a powerful ability, and it's depletion of Nailah's energy quickly she can only speak 50 Words of Thoth per day. This wont change unless Thoth decrees it so.[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Inventory:]

Ankh - A simple necklace meant to give her good fortune, and protect her life.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Attacks/Technique(s):]
General Attacks/Techniques

Martial Expertise: Nailah is knowladgable of different martial arts and utilizes this in close combat fighting
Staff Proficiency: Very skilled with a staff of any other weapon that remotely resembles a staff.
Agility/Speed: Great reaction time, and holds great speed in battle.
Stamina: Won't tire out easily in battle.
Language: There is't a single language that she cannot understand, speak or read. It more than likely a bonus due to who her patron God is.
Attacks/Techniques

She just uses normal martial arts, in conjunction with her staff. Nailah is strong, fast, and durable as it is. The only time she has powers is when using the Words of Thoth. However, she won't use those unless she is forced too. So it is never her first choice in battle.

[Spoiler spoiler=Words of Thoth]
These are some common words that she uses when in battle. 

مكررة (Muk-karara) - The word for duplicate. When she says this she thinks about the object she wants to duplicate as well as how many. She normally uses this on her staff.

تمطر (Tum Turu) - Roughly meaning to rain down, for come from above. Usually used after Muk-karara to have her staff attack her opponent.

صرف (Suarafa) - Could mean deflect or to change course. When this is said an invisible barrier forms around her, and is able to defent against most attacks.

تقسيم (Tak-kuseem) - Roughly meaning split or to divide. When she says this word, she hits the object with her staff which then causes the object to cleave in two.

رمم (Remema) - A word that restores an object to it's original condition. Can be used as a way of healing.

More to come[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Unit(s):][spoiler Isetnofret]
Unit Name: Isentofret - Meaning Isis is beautiful
Sex: Female
[spoiler=Appearance (Isis)]Scarlet%20Ibis.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Attacks/Techniques]
Song of Isis: When Nailah hears this song then all of her attributes increase by double, making her even harder to defeat. If Isentofret uses this song while Nailah is speaking the Words of Thoth, then the power of her words are doubled. Effect only last for 5 minutes.

Pain of Isis: Nailah is unable to hear this song. The reason being is that all who hears it will be subject to extreme pain. The effects only last for 5 seconds, however, it is more that enough time for Nailah to attack her opponent.

Will of Isis: If Nailah is weak, and needs help in battle Isenofret can transfer her power into Nailah giving her an extra 8 minutes of power. In which she will gain 10 extra Words of Thoth to use.

[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[Spoiler spoiler=Baruti]
Unit Name: Baruti - Meaning Teacher
Sex: Male
[Spoiler spoiler=Appearance(Baboon)]300px-Baboon-Intro.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Attacks/Techniques]
Energy Pool: The moment that Baruti is summoned then Nailah can use 10 more Words of Thoth, by tapping into Baruti's power.

Ground Pound: Rapidly slams his hands against the ground, causing violent tremors which can cause the enemy to become unstable. Nailah, however, is unaffected by the tremors and can move around normally.

Knowledge Keeper: Whenever Thoth believes that it is time for Nailah to learn more powerful words of power, then it is Baruti who teaches it to her. Rather than just a summon Baruti is more a guide and helper.[/spoiler]There finally done! ^^

You've obviously met the standard requirements in her name, age and sex, which is great. Her personality is what intrigues me, I do like how you've conveyed her in such a manner which coincidentally will work well with her "career" as a Vanguard. Now, remember that she won't be able to recall her Father so easily, since that part of her life was forced-forgotten by the Gods with reason!

Her appearance is perfectly fine. I'm actually quite impressed with your usual standard, not settling on an image alone, but making sure she stands out with a number of different traits.

Her equipment is quite fine, and I did make sure to have a great read with these Words of Thoth, but the rules nerf them enough so that Nailah is balanced out. However, I am a bit concerned with a couple of her Words of Thoth. Would you mind putting a little extra detail in them to explain how they work in relation to some things? Because I fear that she'd spam 50 Tak-kuseem or use this on, say, an Important NPC who will not be able to really resist XD

Your units are pretty okay with me. I'm curious how Baruti teaches her Words of Thoth.

I just realized what Nailah reminds me so fondly of: Anyone else think of this?

I was upset not seeing any Other Information. I always see that as a chance for players to put more personal development into their character, more heart & soul into it, if you know what I mean: this, however, won't affect that fact that...

Your character is accepted. She's added to the list of characters, subject to you paying the fee & making the change: "Add more detail to the workings of her Words of Thoth"

My name isn't in the spoiler for active characters. Hopefully that's just a mishap.

Anyway, I posted. I'm really enjoying this. Mythology is one of my more potent areas of interest.

Definitely a mishap. I'll add you & Hotaru to it immediately before working on my post.

I'm glad you are enjoying it; and, with you having made the 2nd page, I'm adding a new little reward-based rule, to try & show y'all just how much I appreciate your activity.

Anyone want a ride? I want to know before I post so that I can say for sure :D

Crap, I posted before I saw your post. Sorry.

I think I might just make changes so that you give me a ride instead of me hitching Kyng's griffon.

My lack of posting consists of work (both my job and around the house and yard) and preparations for summer classes. I'll get to posting soon as soon.

Posted. So glad to have two other voices to work with for dialogue.

I'm not happy that I have to give this a bump guys. If you have it hard posting, you need to say so on this OoC Thread!

Really, I am worried as to why there's no activity here. I don't want to come off as unapproachable. If you have any concerns, please express them on this thread.

Sorry, you handle things so well IC with direction that I often forget to come look over here. Don't worry, I am in this for the long haul. Just testing this week and next, so kinda busy/tired.

My lack of posting consists of work (both my job and around the house and yard) and preparations for summer classes. I'll get to posting soon as soon.

Posted. So glad to have two other voices to work with for dialogue.

Thanks for letting me know. Is there anything I can do to try and help you out with this? = .

Sorry, you handle things so well IC with direction that I often forget to come look over here. Don't worry, I am in this for the long haul. Just testing this week and next, so kinda busy/tired.

Oh_stop_it_you.png

buPS4RU.png

"Time to face your fears."

Personal Information

Character Name: Clair

[spoiler=Personality:]Clair is a fire-headed individual who, although seemingly normal on the outside, is quite macabre on the inside. A naturally violent individual on the battlefield, her personality has adapted to pain and suffering, causing her to smile at the sight. She is very prone to fits of rage and is not afraid to use her powers outside of battle; occasionally she may strike out at allies that she likes, only because they said something to piss her off.

However, what she lacks in respect she makes up for in pride, leadership and individual skill. Her fits of rage feed her desire for battle, thus making her quite dedicated, and although she may lash out at her teammates, this usually leads to her giving them tips during the course of action and redirecting them to focus on the one true objective. All in all, her outlook is "I know I'm good at what I do; follow me, but don't fuck up, and we'll win this."[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Appearance:]hKTEuVM.jpg[/spoiler]

Combat Information

God: Phobos

[spoiler=Equipment:] Sword of Fear: A shortsword blessed by Phobos, used to instill fear in her enemies. This is her main conduit of fear; enemies around it are put on edge, while enemies cut by it experience sheer terror.

Morph Armour (Pictured with her): Body tight liquid armour, tailored specifically for her and blessed by Phobos. This, also, can easily be used as a conduit to radiate fear, changing her shape, however this takes much more energy to constantly sustain, unlike a released cut from the sword.

Tattoo of Phobos (Picture on her forehead): A final conduit that she rarely uses. This allows her own body to become a conduit of fear in place of her blade and armour, allowing her to change her actual body composition and shape. Transformations through the Tattoo of Phobos only last for as long as a subject is consciously fearful of Clair or until she wills it off; once the subject goes unconscious or is slain, Clair reverts back to her human form. This power is actually seen more outside of battle as an intimidation tool rather than in it due to the high energy sap.[/spoiler]

Empty

[/spoiler]

General Techniques

Psychological Immunity: Clair has immunity to things that would instill fear into her, as well as abilities caused by psychological trauma.

"I know I'm the scariest thing out there;  do you really think you're able to get me to back off?"

Enhanced Weapon Affinity: As a vanguard of the son of the Greek god of war, Clair has a natural affinity for weapon handling, especially shortswords.  Although a very short weapon, Clair has the ability to get close with her enemies through deft handling and parrying.  Against an unskilled opponent, she can easily disarm them with a flick of her wrist.

"Thank god this isn't a handful."

Iron Will: Adapted to war and immune to psychological trauma, Clair can easily bear with the consequences of fighting without losing her own mind.  She can shrug off most things that would otherwise stop someone from fighting, and will continue to fight even when she is near death.  She is not reckless, however; if she would need to retreat, she will do so with haste.

"I may be hot-headed, but I'm not stupid."

Unique Techniques

Paranoia: Clair emanates a weak aura of paranoia from herself at all times, causing units to be very wary of their surroundings.  Conversely, this allows for her other abilities to take even greater effect when they take root, instead of notifying enemies of her presence.

"Is it me, or do you feel a chill in the air?"

Terror: Enemies struck by a weapon wielded by Clair gain a stack of Terror, represented by the wound glowing red.  Instead of receiving physical wounds from Terror, enemies become fearful.  For normal enemies, it takes from one to three stacks of Terror before they become incapacitated.  Terror does not work on stronger willed enemies, with her weapons simply cutting as normal in that case, although it does strengthen Paranoia.  Claire appears differently to enemies affected with this, taking on the form of phobias and progressing into more horrifying things with more stacks.

"Are you saying you're not going to face your fears?"

Veiled Scream: Clair screams, causing weak enemies around her to be paralyzed for a short amount of time.  This deals heavy damage to those affected by Terror.  Claire can only scream once every ten minutes, as her voice is pretty weak.

"I really hate being loud."

True Horror: Clair's ultimate ability allows her to take on the aspect of Horror, causing all units to gaze at her and be paralyzed with fear.  Her body starts to change to look, basically, like this (while still looking like her), and she gains several new powers for the duration of the transformation.  She can devour enemies using a mouth that emerges from her stomach and use the tentacles generated from her back like weapons, which generate Terror like her normal weapon.  She can only maintain this for about twenty seconds before deforming.  Paranoia, Terror, and Veiled Scream fail to work for about ten minutes following this ability.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Unit(s):] [/spoiler]

Other Information

>Clair is hopelessly romantic, which most people wouldn't know as they aren't on her good side.

>Clair is very insecure about her own body.

>Clair happens to love sushi.

>Her favorite hobbies are collecting bones and fashioning them into silverware.

[spoiler=Le App]buPS4RU.png
"Time to face your fears."
Personal Information
Character Name: Clair
[spoiler=Personality:]Clair is a fire-headed individual who, although seemingly normal on the outside, is quite macabre on the inside. A naturally violent individual on the battlefield, her personality has adapted to pain and suffering, causing her to smile at the sight. She is very prone to fits of rage and is not afraid to use her powers outside of battle; occasionally she may strike out at allies that she likes, only because they said something to piss her off.

However, what she lacks in respect she makes up for in pride, leadership and individual skill. Her fits of rage feed her desire for battle, thus making her quite dedicated, and although she may lash out at her teammates, this usually leads to her giving them tips during the course of action and redirecting them to focus on the one true objective. All in all, her outlook is "I know I'm good at what I do; follow me, but don't fuck up, and we'll win this."[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Appearance:]hKTEuVM.jpg[/spoiler]

Combat Information
God: Phobos
[spoiler=Equipment:] Sword of Fear: A shortsword blessed by Phobos, used to instill fear in her enemies. This is her main conduit of fear; enemies around it are put on edge, while enemies cut by it experience sheer terror.

Morph Armour (Pictured with her): Body tight liquid armour, tailored specifically for her and blessed by Phobos. This, also, can easily be used as a conduit to radiate fear, changing her shape, however this takes much more energy to constantly sustain, unlike a released cut from the sword.

Tattoo of Phobos (Picture on her forehead): A final conduit that she rarely uses. This allows her own body to become a conduit of fear in place of her blade and armour, allowing her to change her actual body composition and shape. Transformations through the Tattoo of Phobos only last for as long as a subject is consciously fearful of Clair or until she wills it off; once the subject goes unconscious or is slain, Clair reverts back to her human form. This power is actually seen more outside of battle as an intimidation tool rather than in it due to the high energy sap.[/spoiler]

Empty
[/spoiler]

General Techniques

Psychological Immunity: Clair has immunity to things that would instill fear into her, as well as abilities caused by psychological trauma.

"I know I'm the scariest thing out there;  do you really think you're able to get me to back off?"

Enhanced Weapon Affinity: As a vanguard of the son of the Greek god of war, Clair has a natural affinity for weapon handling, especially shortswords.  Although a very short weapon, Clair has the ability to get close with her enemies through deft handling and parrying.  Against an unskilled opponent, she can easily disarm them with a flick of her wrist.

"Thank god this isn't a handful."

Iron Will: Adapted to war and immune to psychological trauma, Clair can easily bear with the consequences of fighting without losing her own mind.  She can shrug off most things that would otherwise stop someone from fighting, and will continue to fight even when she is near death.  She is not reckless, however; if she would need to retreat, she will do so with haste.

"I may be hot-headed, but I'm not stupid."

Unique Techniques

Paranoia: Clair emanates a weak aura of paranoia from herself at all times, causing units to be very wary of their surroundings.  Conversely, this allows for her other abilities to take even greater effect when they take root, instead of notifying enemies of her presence.

"Is it me, or do you feel a chill in the air?"

Terror: Enemies struck by a weapon wielded by Clair gain a stack of Terror, represented by the wound glowing red.  Instead of receiving physical wounds from Terror, enemies become fearful.  For normal enemies, it takes from one to three stacks of Terror before they become incapacitated.  Terror does not work on stronger willed enemies, with her weapons simply cutting as normal in that case, although it does strengthen Paranoia.  Claire appears differently to enemies affected with this, taking on the form of phobias and progressing into more horrifying things with more stacks.

"Are you saying you're not going to face your fears?"

Veiled Scream: Clair screams, causing weak enemies around her to be paralyzed for a short amount of time.  This deals heavy damage to those affected by Terror.  Claire can only scream once every ten minutes, as her voice is pretty weak.

"I really hate being loud."

True Horror: Clair's ultimate ability allows her to take on the aspect of Horror, causing all units to gaze at her and be paralyzed with fear.  Her body starts to change to look, basically, like this (while still looking like her), and she gains several new powers for the duration of the transformation.  She can devour enemies using a mouth that emerges from her stomach and use the tentacles generated from her back like weapons, which generate Terror like her normal weapon.  She can only maintain this for about twenty seconds before deforming.  Paranoia, Terror, and Veiled Scream fail to work for about ten minutes following this ability.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Unit(s):] [/spoiler]

Other Information
>Clair is hopelessly romantic, which most people wouldn't know as they aren't on her good side.
>Clair is very insecure about her own body.
>Clair happens to love sushi.
>Her favorite hobbies are collecting bones and fashioning them into silverware.[/spoiler]

I'm not sure if this is finished. Do you not want units, or is that part not complete yet?

Archived