Shingeki no Kyojin [Attack on Titan]

God d*mnit, I just accidentally read a spoiler about one of the titans. i knew I shouldn't have followed the cast of SnK on twitter. I friggity frackin' knew it. Now like 1/2 of my whole titan experience is ruined. Now I won't even be able to be super excited on the SnK roller-coaster that Disney Land will inevitably build, I'll just be that one douchebag in the second seat to the back with his arms crossed.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God d*mnit, I just accidentally read a spoiler about one of the titans. i knew I shouldn't have followed the cast of SnK on twitter. I friggity frackin' knew it. Now like 1/2 of my whole titan experience is ruined. Now I won't even be able to be super excited on the SnK roller-coaster that Disney Land will inevitably build, I'll just be that one douchebag in the second seat to the back with his arms crossed.

Feel my pain.

[quote name="Eureka Fusion" post="6233438" timestamp="1373036453"
Also, don't google characters like Armored Titan, I heard you get spoiled from that.
You will.

For your hard effort, enjoy some fanservice going around.
[spoiler 'Fanservice']
2dvtvno.jpg
[/spoiler]

Hahaha, Free!. I've yet to watch that anime I heard it's great for the gays and the womens of male attraction, but that isn't the subject here. there subject is that there's no way Levi's 5'3" ass looks that tempered.

Hahaha, Free!. I've yet to watch that anime I heard it's great for the gays and the womens of male attraction, but that isn't the subject here. there subject is that there's no way Levi's 5'3" ass looks that tempered.

Well, it's a side view, and you'd expect all of the viewers' attention to be distracted by his naked apron anyway~

Also, don't google characters like Armored Titan, I heard you get spoiled from that.

*cries*

...Luckily, it's been a while, so I think I've forgotten the identities of 'em all.

But in all seriousness, it's hard avoiding spoilers. It's not a good idea googling any character right now. I accidentally spoiled myself to what would've otherwise been a touching backstory to a favorite character of mine. You never know which characters are plot-relevant and which are filler.

I just started watching this two days ago, caught up within a day. Was disappointed at first, but was quickly relieved when I found out I'd only have to wait a day before the next. 

Now I'm completely devastated. 

Comprehensive cnc coming soon. 

Oh and my sig is the best thing since sliced potatoes.

Just watched the fourteenth episode~ personally, the new opening is kinda messy compared to the first, but I can get used to it. As for Eren, poor guy, but I can understand why Levi did what he did. Still though, the scene did make me wonder about something - who'd win in a fight, Levi or Mikasa?

Anyway, looking forward to the next episode.

The plot has now become centered around a young male teen who possesses the ability to became a giant monster that could either destroy humanity or save it. The entire plot is conveniently dependent on his ability to master this remarkable yet seemingly uncontrollable power. The problem is that when he goes into this transformation he loses all consciousness and could hurt the girl he cares the most about. Don't worry though, he's got one of the most powerful mentors to guide him through it. Take away his ability to transform into a powerful monster and he's merely an average boy with a lot of courage and drive but no real talents, his pertinence comes from said ability to transform. Oh, he's also an orphan who is shunned by the majority of the populous due to fear and one of his priorities is to prove to them that he isn't a monster and now needs to gain their approval. On top of that, his parents were killed by the very thing he's become.

Unique plot. 

The plot has now become centered around a young male teen who possesses the ability to became a giant monster that could either destroy humanity or save it. The entire plot is conveniently dependent on his ability to master this remarkable yet seemingly uncontrollable power. The problem is that when he goes into this transformation he loses all consciousness and could hurt the girl he cares the most about. (3 times transformed, 1 time lost consciousness)

Don't worry though, he's got one of the most powerful mentors to guide him through it. (None can guide him because he is the only one who can transform. His mentor can only subdue him when the time comes. The control part is all on him as you will see in future episodes.)

Take away his ability to transform into a powerful monster and he's merely an average boy with a lot of courage and drive but no real talents, his pertinence comes from said ability to transform. ( He is one of the top 10 in his generation, the ability to transform gives him only a chance to do what he wants, kill all the giants.)

Oh, he's also an orphan (only his mother died) who is shunned by the majority of the populous due to fear and one of his priorities is to prove to them that he isn't a monster and now needs to gain their approval. On top of that, his parents were killed by the very thing he's become. (Yes, but only his mother.)

Unique plot. 

The plot may seem copied from Naruto(which is crap IMO) but just keep watching and you will change your mind.

I've watched the entirety of it so far.

"None can guide him because he is the only one who can transform. His mentor can only subdue him when the time comes. The control part is all on him as you will see in future episodes."

Similarly to Naruto in the sense that he's the only person who's able to transform into the Nine-tails and the only on who can control it while his captain, Yamato is tasked with the duty of subduing him if he happens to transform. 

"He is one of the top 10 in his generation, the ability to transform gives him only a chance to do what he wants, kill all the giants."

It was mentioned in an earlier episode when their training commander was assessing their skills that Eren has no particular talents but his drive is what makes him excel. Prior to Naruto's first transformation a good chunk of the early story was based on him getting stronger and beating the odds even when they weren't in his favor. 

Not a huge fan of either shows, merely making an observation. 

---

On a completely unrelated note, I remember making the tag in your signature. 

Completely forgot about that one, It's nice to see it again. 

The plot has now become centered around a young male teen who possesses the ability to became a giant monster that could either destroy humanity or save it. The entire plot is conveniently dependent on his ability to master this remarkable yet seemingly uncontrollable power. The problem is that when he goes into this transformation he loses all consciousness and could hurt the girl he cares the most about. Don't worry though, he's got one of the most powerful mentors to guide him through it. Take away his ability to transform into a powerful monster and he's merely an average boy with a lot of courage and drive but no real talents, his pertinence comes from said ability to transform. Oh, he's also an orphan who is shunned by the majority of the populous due to fear and one of his priorities is to prove to them that he isn't a monster and now needs to gain their approval. On top of that, his parents were killed by the very thing he's become.

Unique plot. 

Now I remember why I don't like when people find that they need to dissect a story, it really ruins the experience. Why even watch it if you're just gonna kill it by pointing out the negative attributes of the thing?

And it's not confirmed yet whether Eren is actually an orphan or not, we anime-watchers have only theories and assumptions of what happened to Eren's father.

The new OP is suppose to represent Levi, while the first represented Eren. This op is amazing the more you listen to it. :<

Also, at the current moment in the anime, Levi would beat Mikasa hands down.

Unique plot. 

Eren's dad is still alive, allegedly. You forgot to add that the reason for his power is his father. Uses the 3 main character system, 2 boys and 1 girl. *insert future reference to why this is similar to Naruto*.

At least this series uses its side characters and is almost unable to have filler.

Also, at the current moment in the anime, Levi would beat Mikasa hands down.

Hands down...? While I'd agree that Levi has a higher chance of beating Mikasa due to experience, it isn't really clear-cut.

We still don't know the height of either of their powers. Levi due to lack of screentime, which is about to change, and Mikasa due to having mental issues over Eren's 'death' when the story chose focus upon her, though she demonstrated enough competence to take down a fast-moving Abnormal before then. It's been said that they're both worth a hundred men, and by that logic, their abilities should be near each other, if not at the same level.

Even if Levi has more experience, Mikasa might be more naturally talented. At the moment, there's no telling.

Its clear cut looking back from reading the manga. :I

Levi knows Mikasa weakness (Eren) and will not have a problem using it. He also knows his limits and plans according to them, unlike Mikasa who rushes in most of the time. They might have the same physical ability and Mikasa (being a main character) probably has more natural talent, but Levi is much smarter on the battlefield. Shouldn't be a surprise, given his experience.

Unique plot. 

That didn't even click with me, and Naruto's my favorite manga series.

[spoiler=Episode 14]

Damn, that was intense. Mikasa's angry face actually gave me chills.

But I can already tell it'll be fun getting to know the elite Recon Corps, especially Levi. I don't think anyone left that room thinking Titan Eren would be as big a deal with Levi hanging around him.

[/spoiler]

I like the new ending better than the other one. The new opening's alright and a little crazed, though let's be honest, nothing was ever going to compare to the 1st opening.

That didn't even click with me, and Naruto's my favorite manga series.

[spoiler=Episode 14]

Damn, that was intense. Mikasa's angry face actually gave me chills.

But I can already tell it'll be fun getting to know the elite Recon Corps, especially Levi. I don't think anyone left that room thinking Titan Eren would be as big a deal with Levi hanging around him.

[/spoiler]

I like the new ending better than the other one. The new opening's alright and a little crazed, though let's be honest, nothing was ever going to compare to the 1st opening.

Eh, i much prefer the old ending. It was much better to have a more relaxed ending theme.

Archived