Shingeki no Kyojin [Attack on Titan]

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yah, i agree, but this is one of the not-so-entertaining first episodes, that's what i meant.

Technically, the first episode is meant to establish the world they live in and show the futility of the current situation, but work in conjunction with the second episode.

Trust me, the second episode is really good. Give that a watch as well.

So I started watching this series maybe a week or two ago, Desu recomended it to me, I think. I can;t really remember. Anyway, this series is just way awesome so far and as i write this, i have just finished the latest episode, episode 5. And, uh...

[spoiler=Spoiler]

Was Eren never really the main character? is this some Psycho bullsh*t  they're playing here? because I was sitting here 15 minutes ago thinking, "Yeah, Eren go kick ass. Show them what the incredibly awesome main character can do! You got this. You can't die." And then BAM! Leg gone. Arm gone. Swallowed.

[/spoiler]

TXWk7q5.png

[spoiler=Spoilers! also some all caps]

My fealings on this episode could only be depicted via visual comprehension. (the image above) At the ending of epi 4, i was thinking, "Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck--" Then during epi 5, i was like, "Yeah, go, Eren! You got this, bro, you're the her-- FUCK!" When the blonde guy got eaten, my mouth was open from then on. When Eren lost his leg, I figured, hey, maybe he'll get a cool steampunk leg, yo! And then the blonde guy was almost eaten and i was like, yoooo. anD THEN EREN SAVED HIM AND I WAS LIKE YOOOOOO. AND THEN EREN LOST HIS ARM AND GOT SWALLOWED AND I WAS LIKE, YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! THAT ENDING, MAN! THAT MOTHERF*CKING ENDING! I SAT THERE FOR 2 MINUTES THINKING OF WAYS HE COULD COME PACK FROM THAT, I WAS JUST DUMBFOUNDED. Is he no longer the main character, is it the woman? Or the blonde guy? NO EREN, NO

tumblr_m924k6SCoq1r6leudo1_250.gif

[/spoiler]

Thinking about it, I dont really like the main trio. They have their good moments, and Eren is the best of the three, but basically:

Eren has major anger issues, and has had his outbursts.

Armin is a complete and total Coward. A Shinji-Wannabe (and no one wants to be Shinji)

Mikasa is the perfect/no-nonsense girl who just wants Eren-senpai to notice her. Ugh.

So far my favourite character is Sasha, only because she's the cheerful and bright light surround by all the despair. And we share a love of food.

Thinking about it, I dont really like the main trio. They have their good moments, and Eren is the best of the three, but basically:

Armin is a complete and total Coward. A Shinji-Wannabe (and no one wants to be Shinji)

Mikasa is the perfect/no-nonsense girl who just wants Eren-senpai to notice her. Ugh.

So far my favourite character is Sasha, only because she's the cheerful and bright light surround by all the despair. And we share a love of food.

Eren is just the classic anime hero. :I

Also, I like Sasha because

tumblr_mly12fIg9D1rs5vzro2_r1_500.gif

Eren watched his mom get eaten in front of him by titans, so I'm not really surprised that it does wonders for his anger management.

Armin was never cut out for this, but he should get a bit better in a few episodes thanks to one female in particular. (cant remember her name or what she did otherwise I might give spoilers.)

Mikasa's reasoning will be explained next episode if that preview was anything to go by.

Your arguments are good, but as far as their character flaws go, that will change very soon, and very fast. actually, probably as soon as episode 6 comes out for Mikasa, and probably around 10 for Armin.

on an unrelated note, what happened to that meat that was inside the chest when the giant titan(by titan standards) attacked?

I read up to where the anime is in the manga and Eren seems a lot less screechy and annoying in the first 4 chapters, but I couldn't say for anything beyond that.

As for Armin, just remember anime has had its fair share of crybaby protagonists that later grew on to become totally badass.

I like Mikasa because

1365898580642.gif

You need to eat, Eren. You will survive.

I read up to where the anime is in the manga and Eren seems a lot less screechy and annoying in the first 4 chapters, but I couldn't say for anything beyond that.

As for Armin, just remember anime has had its fair share of crybaby protagonists that later grew on to become totally badass.

I like Mikasa because

1365898580642.gif

You need to eat, Eren. You will survive.

That is just...  Wow. The power of censors is amazing.

Your arguments are good, but as far as their character flaws go, that will change very soon, and very fast. actually, probably as soon as episode 6 comes out for Mikasa, and probably around 10 for Armin.

That's all i was asking for, was a little development. Disregarding that, i've been swept away so far.

Technically, the first episode is meant to establish the world they live in and show the futility of the current situation, but work in conjunction with the second episode.

Trust me, the second episode is really good. Give that a watch as well.

alright, gonna watch it now! 

That's all i was asking for, was a little development. Disregarding that, i've been swept away so far.

It's only the first 5 episodes, give it time. That'd be like Naruto going from from epi 1 to current Shippuden in the first 5 episodes.

You guys are calling out Eren in all sots of ways that aren't reletively true/that bad. i mean, he's the male protagonist of an anime. Of course he's going to be a little hot tempered.

And Armin isn't a coward. He's doing a shit-ton of a lot better than many of the other characters are doing.

Also, guys, anyone notice that Eren's dad leaves in the first ep with the key, but then an episode or so later, Eren has it without explaining it?

The titans are so freaking nasty looking that even though it’s that way on purpose, there’s no way I’m reading the manga. The anime is okay, but I know how it goes when I’m not really interested in it at first, and with all the hype, it’s starting to look like Mirai Nikki in the way that while it may give me some thrills while watching, afterwards it won’t look so good in retrospect. I don’t really know what will happen, but that was the way it was for me for Mirai Nikki. Eren is looking like the character I’d like the most, just like Yukiteru, but there is one thing good about all this… the girl isn’t crazy. Actually a pretty nice character.

And if the Colossal Titan could just appear out of nowhere, with absolutely no explanation as to how it’s even possible, and disappear in the same way, what’s exactly stopping it from teleporting itself inside the walls? I know it breaks the walls for the other titans, but it does seem like it could to that.

I really envy you guys who haven't read the manga. I'm promising myself to never read the manga of a series until the anime ends.

Somebody who feels my pain, don't worry comrade, it'll all be over soon, and then you'll wish for more,

Archived