Shingeki no Kyojin [Attack on Titan]

[spoiler = Episode 8]

I actually tried that one show called DooDaDoo the Liberator or whatever, and it was neat, but it was basically just the first episode of Code Geass and a slight call back to the original Gundam anime.

Very, VERY generic.  I'll give it a few more episodes, but so far Titan is like the only thing that even remotely matters.

[/spoiler]

Also, guys, I am now watching Attack on Titan in 1080p on my 32" in surround sound.

Never going back.  

*leans in close* Hey, you overcompensating? I mean, you can tell me, man.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Episode 8]

was awesome.

It makes sense why they go for the back of the neck now, to kill the humans piloting the Titans.

So is there another group of humans out there warring with the humans behind the wall for some reason?

Or maybe humans are just used as "batteries" for the Titan shells.

Unconscious/dead humans are used for the normal titans.

Abnormals are those who retain some form of instinct of their former selves or something like that.

Then when you're injected with Eren's dad's special juice, you become like Eren Titan and act with your own will.[/spoiler]

Can't wait to see the explanation and the fallout of the battle.

[Spoiler Episode 8]

That was my thought as well.  I think the idea that killing the human in the Titan's neck kills them is a very plausible idea.

However, it does seem like they get swallowed, so you'd wonder how they make it to the back of the neck.  Also, I don't think people are consciously piloting them as much as they're batteries.  I guess we'll have to see.

[/spoiler]

Just to let everybody know that even the manga hasn't explained this so theories can fly.

[spoiler My Idea]

>Titans only bother humans

>They bother humans by eating them

>Nape of neck is weak spot and control center

So maybe, Titans eat humans to try and get one to control them (because they're too dumb to realize its pointless) or they are trying to find a specific one that matches them? (but that person would probably be dead by now)

[/spoiler]

Actually, I think eating humans has something to do with how they "reproduce".

Because notice how Eren became a Titan in a different body than the one that ate him.

Sucks to know it hasn't explained yet though, that means the anime won't get around to it this season.

Unless they make their own ending.

Actually, I think eating humans has something to do with how they "reproduce".

Because notice how Eren became a Titan in a different body than the one that ate him.

Sucks to know it hasn't explained yet though, that means the anime won't get around to it this season.

Unless they make their own ending.

Ah, that part about Eren becoming a Titan in a different body is explained next episode. It's not that big of a point, really.

Actually, I think eating humans has something to do with how they "reproduce". Because notice how Eren became a Titan in a different body than the one that ate him.

Sucks to know it hasn't explained yet though, that means the anime won't get around to it this season. Unless they make their own ending.

Well, in the 'next time on Dragon Ball Z' thing at the end of episode 8, it showed what seemed to be Eren in the stomach of a titan so it's likely to show what happened next episode in flashbacks while they're dealing with the whole, 'Eren is a threat to humanity' thing.

Ah, that part about Eren becoming a Titan in a different body is explained next episode. It's not that big of a point, really.

Aw, c'mon. Don't tell us what will happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqFJ6VZmCMw

Eren, mikasa, and Conny sing the SnK OP! :D

Anybody else notice the similarity between Olivier Armstrong and Annie? Its freaking uncanny, down to the freaking character traits

But yeah, I'm starting to empathize with Jean a bit more, which is an interesting experience. Masterful writing on the creators part

Yeah, Jean's actually developing into a cool character.

Also, how do you guys pronounce jean?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqFJ6VZmCMw

Eren, mikasa, and Conny sing the SnK OP! :D

Yeah, Jean's actually developing into a cool character.

Also, how do you guys pronounce jean?

It would be the same way one would pronounce 'John'. 

Well, in the 'next time on Dragon Ball Z' thing at the end of episode 8, it showed what seemed to be Eren in the stomach of a titan so it's likely to show what happened next episode in flashbacks while they're dealing with the whole, 'Eren is a threat to humanity' thing.

Aw, c'mon. Don't tell us what will happen.

Trust me, it's not even a spoiler or a big point at all. When it comes to SnK, I know how frustrating it is to be spoiled, since I myself was spoiled before reading the manga. Doing my best to make sure the same doesn't happen to other anime viewers, but this particular point isn't relevant at all, so yeah...

Now I'm laughing to those people who dropped the series because of the so-called a**pull 'Deus Ex Machina' scene which is Eren-becoming-a-titan move.

And concerning about the transformation, this is my idea...

[spoiler='Spoiru']

What if all humans have on their blood a small percent of those of the Titan's and would only be triggered once they got swallowed or digested inside a titan's stomach and pooped out from their a**sholes.

About Eren's case: What if the serum injected to him by his father (during the flashback, I guess) was something that could control Eren's Titan State whenever it goes out of control? But there's still a possibility that the serum's effect would not last that longer and the Titan Blood would take over the original body and turn it into a full-pledged Titan. Just saying though.  

[/spoiler]

I am now safe from spoilers for the time being. No way in hell in dropping the series. It's now just getting uplifting for a change. [spoiler=As for Doctor Jaguer]i recall him booking it on a caravan at one point, hoping that Eren was safe. Sounds like a future sunrise moment... or a dark ironic moment. Who knows?[/spoiler] I also completely forgot that anime was still a weekly thing. I'm so used to binge watching it on Netflix and the like.

On the subject of Eren's father, where in the hell did he get off to?

From what I remember in the manga, he comes back after the initial attack. His wife being dead (and maybe some guilt?) drives him crazy (as seen in the flashback in the anime). He then injects Erin with something and disappears (implied he went outside the walls).

From what I remember in the manga, he comes back after the initial attack. His wife being dead (and maybe some guilt?) drives him crazy (as seen in the flashback in the anime). He then injects Erin with something and disappears (implied he went outside the walls).

I thought that was farely obvious.

[spoiler=cant say im either satisfied or disappointed...]Well, not much happened in this episode... and I still didn't quite understand how Eren became a Titan until that flashback of that shot.

Oh, and uh... I was expecting Eren to transform to the Titan before, but the whole "half bodied, half muscle, no skin" form really threw me off...[/spoiler]

Archived