Shingeki no Kyojin [Attack on Titan]

[spoiler=cant say im either satisfied or disappointed...]Well, not much happened in this episode... and I still didn't quite understand how Eren became a Titan until that flashback of that shot.

Oh, and uh... I was expecting Eren to transform to the Titan before, but the whole "half bodied, half muscle, no skin" form really threw me off...[/spoiler]

[spoiler='asdf']Well, it introduced Levi, I was expecting him to be a really cold guy, typical in shonen anime, and was genuinely surprised when he told the person that his dying will will make him (Levi) stronger.

Eren probably can't control it or use it to maximum efficiency yet, that's why. Last time he used it unconsciously, this time, he actually had to try bringing it out himself.[/spoiler]

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler Amazing]

So did the creators realize that Eren is basically going Gear Third?

Because that's exactly what it looked like

Has anybody ripped any of the soundtrack yet? That battle music is to die for

[/spoiler]

Also, the smoke that comes off the Titans seems to emulate Gear Second as well (didn't notice this till gigguk pointed it out)

0-0 This is getting kind of weird man

^Not to mention the ending scene paying an homage to Susanoo.

[spoiler=Episode 9]

That was intense. I feel for Eren's group, but I can't blame everyone being so apprehensive either. Who's to say Eren couldn't go berserk? And if he did that from the inside, they'd be f*cked, plain and simple.

I was hoping for some answers, but instead we've got some more questions. How does Eren's transformation work?

[spoiler=I saw a theory that thinks]

It's relative to an amount of pain Eren feels.

In the Titan's stomach, he was slowly being digested with two limbs missing, so he went full Titan.

Just now, he bit his thumb for it to bleed and he made a half-formed exoskeleton.

If so, that'd be an interesting way to go about it. It'd probably devolve into masochism a bit though...[/spoiler]

And then the basement. Trying to think of what could be down there; maybe past failed experiments his dad tried to do until he achieved success with Eren.

Or maybe it even has the secret behind the Titans' origin.

[/spoiler]

Boy, this is a serious effort to not go read the manga to sate the wait after every cliffhanger each week.

Well, the only question of yours answered by the manga is how the transformation works. Which might take a couple more episodes to show, depending on how they pace them.

Just some news: The DVD of Shingeki was scheduled to bundle with the 11th limited-edition manga volume on August 9. To improve the anime's quality, the disc will now come with the 12th limited-edition manga volume in December.

[spoiler=Episode 9]

Who's to say Eren couldn't go berserk? And if he did that from the inside, they'd be f*cked, plain and simple.

​I doubt that any berserk-esque behavior by Eren would be unconsciously treacherous, though, considering while he was in Titan form earlier, he paid no attention to humans and was only striven to kill every last Titan in sight, not to mention his ambition carried out from before he transformed.

I was hoping for some answers, but instead we've got some more questions. How does Eren's transformation work?

My guess is that Eren's dad, being the medical genius that he is, somehow retrieved a Titan's DNA and worked it into a formula that works correspondingly with human DNA, but only with a set fragility that triggers when a disturbance in the balance of said formula takes place, causing for a mutation. 'Tis only a hypothesis, though, and the concept of the transformation is all half-assed anyway.

It's relative to an amount of pain Eren feels.

In the Titan's stomach, he was slowly being digested with two limbs missing, so he went full Titan.

Just now, he bit his thumb for it to bleed and he made a half-formed exoskeleton.

If so, that'd be an interesting way to go about it. It'd probably devolve into masochism a bit though...

Yeah, you would go there. ^///^

And then the basement. Trying to think of what could be down there; maybe past failed experiments his dad tried to do until he achieved success with Eren.

Or maybe it even has the secret behind the Titans' origin.

Or what Remo said: it's like the meaning of the title for Glass Castle: the main character's dad promises that one day he will build a castle made of glass in the desert, but as the story unfolds, the "goal" is proven to be impossible, but the journey to that goal is what developed the characters by seeing their progress and, albeit in vain, comparing their outlook on life compared to when they started.

Boy, this is a serious effort to not go read the manga to sate the wait after every cliffhanger each week.

I know, right? I'm so used to binge watching anime that I forgot that there's still a weekly thing for the ones still airing. Either way, though, I can always wait by watching other anime. Besides, why would I want to read the manga? If I did that, there'd be no point in watching the anime, which is what I prefer, really.[/spoiler]

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......

This anime has yet to disappoint.  Every single episode leaves you crawling back for more.  

And

[spoiler Episode 9]

Did not expect that.  I assumed becoming a Titan had something to do with being eaten.  

Also, Eren's dad is the Colossal Titan.  That was an experiment with the drug and it went horribly wrong.  

At least that's my prediction.

[/spoiler]

[quote name="Comrade Tentacruel" post="6214321" timestamp="1370298521"]OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......     This anime has yet to disappoint.  Every single episode leaves you crawling back for more.   And   [spoiler Episode 9] Did not expect that.  I assumed becoming a Titan had something to do with being eaten.     Also, Eren's dad is the Colossal Titan.  That was an experiment with the drug and it went horribly wrong.     At least that's my prediction.   [/spoiler][/quote] [spoiler=spoiler] But if Doctor Jueger is the colossal... Then who's the armored Titan?[/spoiler]

[spoiler=spoiler]
But if Doctor Jueger is the colossal...

Then who's the armored Titan?[/spoiler]

[spoiler=spoiler]

Another test subject perhaps?

I don't really think my theory is likely, I just think it's very possible, just because of how much Erin's titan form looks like Colossal.

Although, having said that, it could just be that the doctor created the Colossal.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Response to Thar]

​I doubt that any berserk-esque behavior by Eren would be unconsciously treacherous, though, considering while he was in Titan form earlier, he paid no attention to humans and was only striven to kill every last Titan in sight, not to mention his ambition carried out from before he transformed.

I know that and you know that as the viewers, but none of them can take that sort of risk when they're on the brink of extinction. Fear will warp your perspective.

My guess is that Eren's dad, being the medical genius that he is, somehow retrieved a Titan's DNA and worked it into a formula that works correspondingly with human DNA, but only with a set fragility that triggers when a disturbance in the balance of said formula takes place, causing for a mutation. 'Tis only a hypothesis, though, and the concept of the transformation is all half-assed anyway.

That is very possible, but I was actually wondering how Eren's transformation works.

Like, is he actually the Titan, or does it just kind of grow around and from him? I was assuming the latter judging from how he emerged from Elf Titan's neck, but I don't think we got a clear shot from when he transformed a 2nd time.[/spoiler]

I don't really think the basement's a metaphor here, I mean it's possible, but with a mad scientist like his dad, it seems more plausible that he'd have a secret space where he kept all his secrets. And during the flashbacks, he seemed pretty eager to tell Eren something with no time left to do it, so it would make sense for him to tell Eren to find his basement so that he could find the info.

The thing that confuses me, is that Eren's dad was obviously upset about his wife dying. If he was behind this wouldn't he have made sure his family was safe?

I'm thinking Eren's dad knows who is behind it and was fighting them, but the attack on his city made him go off the deep in due to regret.

[spoiler=spoiler]

Another test subject perhaps?

I don't really think my theory is likely, I just think it's very possible, just because of how much Erin's titan form looks like Colossal.

Although, having said that, it could just be that the doctor created the Colossal.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler spoiler]

But why would he inject Eren with the magic juice to regain wall maria if he was the one who broke it down in the first place?

shit doesn't make sense yo

[/spoiler]

[spoiler spoiler]

But why would he inject Eren with the magic juice to regain wall maria if he was the one who broke it down in the first place?

shit doesn't make sense yo

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=spoiler]Redemption, perhaps? After all, experimenting with formulas is risky, so if he WAS the Colossal, then the result in that part of the experiment would make him want to correct it in case it happened again, for which he made the formula for Eren in hopes that Eren would fight fire with fire.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=spoiler]Redemption, perhaps? After all, experimenting with formulas is risky, so if he WAS the Colossal, then the result in that part of the experiment would make him want to correct it in case it happened again, for which he made the formula for Eren in hopes that Eren would fight fire with fire.[/spoiler]

[spoiler spoiler]

Yeah but it happens again in the current plot

So it didn't really solve anything

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Unlucky Me Who Stumbled Upon A Manga Spoiler"]Bertholdt is the tallest among his friends. In fact, you could say that he's quite... colossal.
And Reiner seems really strong... Like an armored tank almost...[/spoiler]

Saw this spoiler on tumblr too. So guys who only watch the anime please don't read it.

Is it just me or are these episodes getting shorter and shorter?

[spoiler=Episode 10]
No grudge toward the anime for it, but again, practically the entire episode was standing still. You have the usual edge-of-death situation. That gets stalled for a psychological/emotional moment, the. Time plays again only for a miraculous life save from someone we don't know yet.

I want to see more of the armored Titan. All the colossal one does is look over the wall and knock out a few cannons.

But I must admit, that persuasion that Armin made had me shaking afterwards. I always knew he was capable of standing up for himself and Eren and Mikasa, but he deserves a push in the series.[/spoiler]

[quote name="Kakashi Hatake" post="6217794" timestamp="1370742976"]They seems shorter because you want more.[/quote] I won't deny that, but they seemed much longer when I was binge-watching them to catch up.

Episode 10 has unveiled yet another epic moment

and doesent it feel like [spoiler='not really a spoiler, but still hidden just in case']Pixiv is what Armin could become if he lives to reach the same age? the same goes for Rivalle and Hanji, don't they seem like they could be the older brother and sister to Eren and Sasha respectively? [/spoiler] their potential skills could be unbelievable

BTW, general Verman has a very fitting name.

Episode 10 has unveiled yet another epic moment

and doesent it feel like [spoiler='not really a spoiler, but still hidden just in case']Pixiv is what Armin could become if he lives to reach the same age? the same goes for Rivalle and Hanji, don't they seem like they could be the older brother and sister to Eren and Sasha respectively? [/spoiler] their potential skills could be unbelievable

BTW, general Verman has a very fitting name.

I can understand the Pixiv = Armin and Rivalle = Eren comparison, but Hanji is so different from Mikasa that its just too weird. If anything Hanji's Titan obsession is close to Sasha's food obsession.

I think the author is not making a Mikasa 'clone' because she is a never before seen prodigy. Both her and Rivalle are seen as worth 100 men, but Mikasa just came out of the academy/training.

Archived