Shingeki no Kyojin [Attack on Titan]

I can understand the Pixiv = Armin and Rivalle = Eren comparison, but Hanji is so different from Mikasa that its just too weird. If anything Hanji's Titan obsession is close to Sasha's food obsession.

I think the author is not making a Mikasa 'clone' because she is a never before seen prodigy. Both her and Rivalle are seen as worth 100 men, but Mikasa just came out of the academy/training.

I did say Sasha. I don't think anybody would be a future Mikasa.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really? I thought they had more than enough material to make a full 24-25 series?

Then again, if it's a recap, they more than likely won't be making an anime original ending. and the defense of Trost/ Get to the basement arc will probably be over at episode 13 then.

Speaking of Sasha, what was up with her this episode

Her outburst was so weird, and everybody was completely nonchalant (or in shock potentially) while that one guy tried to off himself

Seriously, it was weird >.>

She just had a stomachache that's all.

[spoiler=Episode 10]

Way to go, Armin. I thought that was awesome with the way he managed to spill all his guts and roused up a great speech in the face of death. Sweet turnaround, and now that his confidence is renewed, we should be seeing him making use of his strategical mind as a worthy tactician to guide Eren and Mikasa.

Also, nice to know the nature behind Eren's transformation, that he basically grows a Titan around himself and uses it as a pilot. It's a relief too that his transformations don't seem to rely on blood loss or pain levels or something like that. It'd be a little too unwieldly that way.

I'm looking forward to some epic Titan bashing next week. I know Eren's gonna f*ck something up at some point down the road; it'd be unrealistic to see a kid not hurt somebody by accident when using a power he doesn't directly control. And it should make for some good drama, but I don't think it'll happen until he gains the trust of his allies, or else he'd never gain their trust.

Unless the plot decides to separate Eren, Mikasa and Armin from the rest of them after all, but somehow I don't think that'll happen.

Pixiv's pretty likable from what we've seen so far, not to mention I'm a sucker for eccentrics. I'm sure we'll see him doing something totally awesome soon and it'll be one of those moments you can't forget in anime.[/spoiler]

It's a shame about the recap, but I appreciate the heads-up. Imagine if we weren't told and the ensuing butthurt that would consume forums everywhere.

Speaking of Sasha, what was up with her this episode

Her outburst was so weird, and everybody was completely nonchalant (or in shock potentially) while that one guy tried to off himself

Seriously, it was weird >.>

She just had a stomachache that's all.

Uh...no. She was/is still crippled by the fear of almost being eaten and giving up to that Titan. The stomachache was her attempt to play off the discomfort in her face, but of course everyone knows that Sasha doesn't get stomachaches. This is why that guy freaked out even more when he saw Sasha afraid.

[spoiler=Episode 11]Well... can't say I'm surprised. Many accusations were made that Eren wouldn't be all on the human's side, and they were right. In fact, how can you trust someone who is transformed into a totally different being to have the same alignment as you?

I hope Mikasa is okay. That was an unfair blow; she didn't see it coming. She trusted Eren too much.[/spoiler]

[quote name="★ 24/7 - No Br'Aix ★" post="6222189" timestamp="1371339858"][spoiler='11']That episode was really good, even though it was almost as slow as episode 10.[/spoiler][/quote] And 9, might I add. Though yeah, slowness isn't an issue when psychology is the main structure of the story.

[spoiler=Episode 11]Well... can't say I'm surprised. Many accusations were made that Eren wouldn't be all on the human's side, and they were right. In fact, how can you trust someone who is transformed into a totally different being to have the same alignment as you?

I hope Mikasa is okay. That was an unfair blow; she didn't see it coming. She trusted Eren too much.[/spoiler]

Well, for starters, Titan Eren only seemed to be interested in other titans and he also took a f*cking canon ball to protect his human friends, so there's those two strong reasons as to why he would be on their side. That turn-around was odd, but I bet it'll make for a pretty good plot twist, although I hat that they took Eren out of the frying pan and threw him into the fire with that one. I was quite enjoying the whole hint of light at the end of the tunnel moments.

It was an unfair blow, but I highly doubt Mikasa's got any kind of serious injury. and the 'trusted Eren too much'? Seriously?! "Oh, hi, guy who saved my life as a child and offered me comfort after a horrible life changing event took place when we were children. I obviously love you and don't want anything bad to happen to you, but that's no reason that I should completely trust you with my life. Oh, no, you've done nothing to warrant my unwavering trust in you."

It was an unfair blow, but I highly doubt Mikasa's got any kind of serious injury. and the 'trusted Eren too much'? Seriously?! "Oh, hi, guy who saved my life as a child and offered me comfort after a horrible life changing event took place when we were children. I obviously love you and don't want anything bad to happen to you, but that's no reason that I should completely trust you with my life. Oh, no, you've done nothing to warrant my unwavering trust in you."

Let's be real here: Mikasa is one of the most skilled soldiers in the entire army, so with that kind of experience, she was bound to have bolted out of the way if it was just any old titan set out to devour her. The fact that she hesitated to dodge Eren when he attacked her was because she assumed Eren would hesitate all the same, but while she watched the irony unfold, she still didn't move (at least it appeared so. She might've moved, just not to our seeing because suspense and sh*t.)

I'm just saying.

[spoiler=Episode 12]

ID4ORxJ.jpg

Seriously, if the anime keeps dragging on like this, I'm gonna pick up where it left off in the manga.

This week needed more Levi.

I totally agree. I wouldn't mind him and Mikasa getting acquainted if not further.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Episode 12]

ID4ORxJ.jpg

Seriously, if the anime keeps dragging on like this, I'm gonna pick up where it left off in the manga.

I totally agree. I wouldn't mind him and Mikasa getting acquainted if not further.

[/spoiler]

You need to remember that this is the only time you'll have to wait a week for the episodes, the vast majority of people who watch this will be watching it from episode 1-24, so the build up is actually good for a faithful adaptation.

And trust me, if you think waiting a week for a new episode that covers 1.5 chapters an episode is bad, try waiting a month for a new chapter. the pain is worth the wait, when (if) you go back and watch this anime again, you'll appreciate the details that you missed out on when you watched it the first time. Trust me, after reading the manga, the amount of things that I now put together in the anime are amazing. But no spoilers for now.

you're just inpatient.

Yes, I admit that much. I'm just so used to binge watching everything that's all there that weekly episodes are just so tedious to struggle through.

I just wished more happened in this episode, is all. I don't even care if it's filler, so long as progress is made and there's at least more backstory.

Archived