[PKMN]Tournament of Legends [PG-13/Started/Always Accepting]

Ren✧

Voices echoed around him. It was apparent that others were screaming, but why? Where was he? Why was he here? There were several flashes of bright lights and Daniel felt pulses of energy rush past him. He jolted awake. "Shit!" He expelled. He had passed out. He sat up to watch the scene in front of him. Unsure of how much later it was, Daniel was astounded to see the other Guardians still fighting off Gilgamesh. "Zapdos?" He screamed, while standing up to look around the frantic, yet determined crowd. He couldn't see the Bird Pokemon anywhere. He began running through the people in an attempt to find him.

[hr]

Feeling a sense of urgency from Daniel, Zapdos flew down to meet his, now awoken, Guardian. "Ah you're awake now I see?" Zaps commented sarcastically.

"Yes I'm awake." Daniel replied, clearly hurt by the sarcasm.

"This isn't the time for depression. Gilgamesh is still fighting, and we aren't standing a chance, I need you to support me."

"Got it!" He took a minute to think and remembered Kytes. "You help Latios fight that Pikachu, I'll meet up with Kytes."

Zapdos nodded and rushed toward the pikachu.

Setting his sights one the now airborne Pikachu, Latios began gathering energy in his mouth, which then formed a black sphere of raw power.  “CHOKE ON THIS ONE!” With his attack primed, Latios got as close as possible to the Pikachu, before stopping abruptly and releasing a large beam of brilliant pink energy. “LUSTER PURGE!”  

Zapdos primed Zap Cannon and released the blast simultaneously with Latios. Resulting in a critcal hit, releasing Raikou and launching the Pikachu back. However, the rat pokemon stood right back up, mocking them. Zapdos turned to Latios, the two of them now out of the range of the hidden Power attack. "What now...?'

[hr]

Daniel searched the crowd for any sight of Kytes.  He remembered being next to him before passing out, so he couldn't have moved far. Sighting his bright orange hair, Daniel darted towards his friend. "Kytes, I'm awake. I must have passed out. I sent Zapdos to help Latios."

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Now, Noctowl, go along-"

It didn't even need to be said, since this wasn't the first time that Areo had commanded such a move. Instead of dodging the oncoming Thunder, Noctowl maneuvered through it, running along the large beam of electricity as it raced straight for the vulnerable Reuniclus. "Now, NIGHT SHADE!" Then without a single thought, the owl launched two more black beams straight towards its opponent, this time at a much closer range.

[hr]

The Hidden Power that was fired packed extreme amounts of energy. Having poured nearly all of his energy into it, this Urlugal knew for certain, and it would definitely obliterate at least half of his opponents in one go. There wasn't any way for them to avoid it. Raikou and Suicine fired a powerful Charge Beam and Blizzard, plus some insignificant earthquake came out of nowhere, slightly offsetting a tiny amount of its light, but it wasn't nearly enough. No, there was no way a Pokemon on their level could withstand their attack. Whether they were dogs or birds, only the most powerful of Legendaries could hope to match it.

---and that was when Regigigas fell out of nowhere, directly taking the entirety of the intense Hidden Power, a blinding explosion resulting from the selfless act. At such an angle, there was no doubt that it was anything but a critical hit, but the gigantic body absorbed it all. Indeed, there were very few who could hope to survive such an attack, one of them being the colossal golem who possessed such ultimate strength that it could move entire continents. Even then, it most likely wouldn't come out in one piece.

"Pi...ka..." The Pikachu breathed out, visibly exhausted. Once the light had faded away, he could see for certain that he had managed to defeat yet another enemy - Regigigas was unconscious, possibly even dead.

That was enough. There was no way he could fire off another attack of equal strength. From here on out, he may ave to rely on battle tactics. Having conserved enough power points to use about five Thunders and two Iron Tails, Urlugal prepared himself for the next phase of the greatest battle, whether or not it was enough to take down the rest of the Legendaries.

But then again, there were always ways to circumvent his loss of energy. He was well aware of the concept of 'evolution' and how other Pokemon tended to do so, but really, he couldn't remember ever being a Pichu, nor did he know what came after. Would he become some kind of dragon, perhaps? In a way, he was slightly reluctant to have to rely on something like that, but the amount of power he would gain from it may very well be unfathomable.

Urlugal couldn't imagine it.

For this Pikachu was at the very limits of his power. In game terms, he was Level 100. So no matter how hard he trained from here on out, physically, he would never get any stronger...unless he underwent something called 'evolution'.

Did he want to evolve?

If he evolved, would he become the most powerful in the world, or would there still be even stronger opponents in the world, apart from these already-powerful Legendaries before him?

"URLUGAL, HERE!"

His master's voice called for him just as he was about to rush forth, and as he turned around, he saw a bright golden light coming for him-

[hr]

A bright light enveloped the battlefield just as all four Sacred Swords successfully managed to score a direct hit King Gilgamesh. Within it, a figure taking three steps backwards could be heard, and once it faded away, the golden immortal appeared to be standing directly besides his throne, his hand on its surface.

The damage had indeed taken its toll, his entire chest, arms, and upper neck covered in thick wounds that didn't seem to regenerate. Instead of blood however, what he shed was golden dust. Apart from that, it seemed that most if not all of the Unown tattoos had been destroyed from the powerful attacks, negating the mystical powers he possessed. With that, it would be much harder for him to take on a Legendary barehandedly.

However, if that were truly the case, then why was he smiling?

"I must say I'm impressed, Swords of Justice." He breathed out, and dislodged what looked like an emerald from the back of the throne as he did so. Then again, it wasn't green enough to be an emerald, but it couldn't possibly be glass. Upon closer inspection, there must've been only thing it could be. "But this battle isn't over yet. URLUGAL, HERE!"

Pouring his remaining energy into the one tattoo that had survived - the one at the back of his right hand - he sent a single blast of energy that boosted the Thunderstone forward, having it race past the four musketeers, aimed directly at the Pikachu. If it were to connect...

Also, before any of the four Swords of Justice could do anything to stop it, the king threw his body forward and slammed his fists straight into Keldeo's body, hopefully sending it flying. Even if it was in its Resolute Form, it was still ultimately the smallest of them all, and that could possibly be used to his advantage.

Through the fire, the dust, the shrapnel of rocks, Regigigas stood firm, if only for a moment as he had absorbed the whole of the Pikachu's overwhelming power.  There was a quiet on the battlefield before the gigantic Pokemon collapsed to it's knees in searing pain, shaking the ground around the other Legendary Pokemon and their Guardians.  But the danger wasn't over yet.  A bright yellow stone flew high in the air being tossed towards the Pikachu.  A desperate attempt to evolve the creature and turn the tides once more.  But one always starving Pokemon would have none of this.  A stream of red light came bursting from Kennen's belt as Snorlax emerged from it's Pokeball in excitement.  "Snorlax?" Kennen said wearily.  "What are you-- SNORLAX!?"  The lovable husky Pokemon went from rubbing it's tummy to charging headlong at the thunderstone.  It's mouth open wide, it attempted to devour the stone before it made contact with the Pikachu.  "Laaaaaaaaaaaaaax~."

Knowing nothing could stop a hungry Snorlax, especially his Snorlax, Kennen went over to check on Regigigas.  It's wounds were very severe.  The burns on it's body were at least third degree, and even approaching the colossal Pokemon was a struggle.  Regigigas not only absorbed the monstrous blow from Pikachu, but the pure energy contained in the blast gave Regigigas an incredible fever.  "Regigigas, talk to me!  Your burns are bad but I need to know you're okay.  Say something!"  Regigigas turned it's large head to Kennen in an attempt to assure the boy that he was alive.  "I will survive, but without proper healing I will be unable to assist again for quite some time."  "You'll be fine.  Get some rest and we'll take over from here," he said to Regigigas as he turned a Pokeball to the Legendary.  In a blink of light the giant was absorbed into a small rounded container and nothing more was heard from it.

Kennen at last turned his attention back to Snorlax to watch would unfold if it succesfully swallowed a Thunderstone.  "I've got a bad feeling about this. . . "

Blake Aston

The Scared Swords struck Gilgamesh...and that should've been the end of it. However it wasn't...

Gilgamesh was still standing, and Keldeo was his first target yet again. Damn...how the hell are we supposed to take this guy out?! he thought, gritting his teeth, seeing Gilgamesh still intact. We've struck from a distance...we've struck as a team...neither one of those tactics worked! What am I supposed to do now?

Blake! Do not falter! Cobalion said, as he glanced over at his Champion. Use everything you know to formulate a plan. I know you can work with something, Blake.

It was easier said than done. Blake was at his wits end with this psychotic 'immortal'. With Charizard and Blaziken still helping out by protecting the other Trainers, he was running out of options. Hmmm, I could have Braviary fly with Raichu on his back and have Raichu launch Electro-Balls at Gilgamesh. GAH! I'm running out of ideas!! he thought, his fists clenching tighter as he looked at Cobalion. "Cobalion...Z-Zen Headbutt!"

Cobalion looked at Blake, seeing him being a bit frazzled, but nodded. This probably won't end well... he thought, as he rushed towards Gilgamesh, Zen Headbutt activated.

Success!  Success?  Kennen wasn't sure yet. Snorlax had just, "ate a damn Thunderstone.  Snorlax what the heck!?"  Snorlax questionably rubbed it's head before belching up sparks of electricity from its mouth.  "See, now you're gonna get a stomachache.   C'mere," Kennen said ushering Snorlax over.  Unfortunately for Kennen, Snorlax obliged (albeit unwillingly).  It's large white stomach glowed a bright yellow, and eventually the glow engulfed the entirety of Snorlax, turning it into a ball of electricity.  "Lax?  Snorlax?  BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHP!" it belched as it launched itself at extremely high speeds.  It's belly fat flapped wildly, causing Kennen and Blaziken to cry in laughter as Snorlax flew wildly around belching.  "What's going on!?" Kennen struggled to to say as he had gotten shortness of breath from laughing.  Snorlax's last belch however directed it towards Kennen and Blaziken.  "Blaze?  BLAZE!" it cried darting out of the way, seconds before Snorlax Volt Tackeled into Kennen, shocking both itself and Kennen under the immense weight of the Pokemon and the surge of electricity.

"Snorlax. . . please. . . . get off." Kennen said struggling to breathe even more so than before.  The only good thing that had come out of this was keeping that devastating Pikachu from evolving.

“Danny!” Kytes’s face brightened up at the sight of his only actual friend among the guardians, and of course his Zaptos. Watching as the enemy Pikachu lunched a massive hidden power, he opened his mouth to call out an attack for latios to counter; only to be halted by the sudden appearance of what looked to be a Regigigas, and it’s sudden sacrifice for the legendary beasts and their guardians.

“Damn it… ” Kytes managed to mumble a single curse, as he watched the massive Pokémon take the full force of the attack. Looking back at Daniel, he flashed the other boy a determined scowl. “We need to end this. Tell Zaptos to get ready.”

As Kytes, and Daniel prepared for their next course of action, Latios gave Zaptos a weary smirk. “Better late then never, eh?” The Eon pokemon was extremely unsettled by Regigigas's selfless sacrifice, and was beginning to question if he was willing to do the same for pokemon he had just met for the first time, legendary or not. “The big guy, you think he’s, you know…” Before Latios was forced to say the word that he knew nobody wanted to hear, his thoughts were interrupted by the booming voice of Gilgamesh. 

"URLUGAL, HERE!"  Turning towards the source of the voice, Latios watched as the mad man revealed a stone. Time seemed to slow down, as Latios’s mind traveled back to his time spent in Kytes’s manner. Remembering the large collection, of stones, and artifacts that the Silverstiens kept in the main entrance; he recognized the stone as a thunder stone, a rare item used to trigger instant evolution in electric type Pokémon. ‘Not good…’ Watching as Snorlax made its move towards the thunderstone, Latios projected is thoughts to Kytes and the rest of the guardians. "I'm sure fighting this runt is doing wonders for all our self esteems... but com'on, lets  finish this up!"

Kytes nodded in response. "That Pikachu's not done yet... Danny, you up for another combo attack?" Not waiting for a response, Kytes got into a ready stance. "Ice beam!" Following his orders, Latios rose high into the air; releasing a sizable blast of cold air from his mouth, and moving it in an unpredictable pattern. the attack traveled across the stadium floor in the form of a concentrated beam, and producing a jagged trial of ice, as it closed in on it's target.

"That Pikachu's not done yet... Danny, you up for another combo attack?"

Daniel nodded in agreement and Simulaneously they shouted. "Drill Peck!" "Ice Beam!"

Zapdos flew inches above the beam of ice, glowing a bright yellow. He traveled quickly and straight towards the enemy. His beak landed hard against Urlugal's head as Latios' beam hit his midsection.

The two boys watched in anticipation, realizing their attack probably wouldn't have done much more than knock the Pikachu off guard for another Guardian's attacks.

Archived