[PKMN]Tournament of Legends [PG-13/Started/Always Accepting]

Ren✧

Latios was the first to notice Daniel, and flashed a confident grin, before walking towards him. “We’re gona put this guy down, permanently”.  Kytes was close behind, choosing only to nod in response to his Pokémon statement. “He needs to pay.” Though the boy was till terrified of the prospect of battling N.N, but he managed to push any doubt he had to the back of his mind. Him and Latios weren't the only ones putting their lives on the line, so the least he could do is put on a brave face. 

Watching as Cobalion’s Guardian summoned two of his Pokémon, and ordered them protect the city. Kytes reached onto his belt, pulling out Scizzor’s pokeball, before tossing it up into the air. “Scizzor, I need you to protect the city from team purity.” Sensing the seriousness in its trainer’s voice, the Pincer pokemon nodded, before dashing out of the castle. Glancing at Latios and Danial, Kytes took a second to steel himself, before turning towards the door. "Let's get him, guys." Once outside, Latios shed his human disguise all together, replacing 'John" with the Eon pokemon's true form. After mounting Latios, Kytes turned to Daniel, and smiled. "Race ya up there?" Before waiting for a response, the two shot off, achieving speeds comparable to jet plane.  

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rook took the unconscious guy in his arms, after having been directed by Raikou to take him to the Pokemon Center. He had said goodbye to Silver, who was on route to the castle. Rook had planned to follow, but there were a number of people that had been caught in the panic, and they were in need of help. Rushing through the fleeing crowd, the unconscious Guardian groaned. That was a good sign. That meant he was still alive.

Rook couldn't even begin to imagine the pain the pain of losing a friend as close as Moltres must have been this young man. Rook and Dialga weren't close, but he knew that they shared a link that would be detrimental to the other if it was severed. That supposed King Gilgamesh had done the unspeakable. The very thought set Rook's blood boiling.   

Rook grunted with the effort of carrying the dead weight of the incoherent man as they stumbled through the door of the Pokemon Center. "He...he...fell. From the castle spire. He needs your help." 

[hr]

Eon smashed his fist through the wall. Plaster and dust coated his fist as he pulled it out, but he didn't care, he was on a rampage. Taking his cane, Eon smashed the various bits of ancient pottery that decorated the room. The hardened clay broke like glass, shattering into dozens of pieces. "GAAAHHHH!" Eon cried out to no one. No doubt his attendants that stood outside the door would be worried, but they would have learned by now to not interfere when he went on these rampages. 

"That good for nothing freak of nature. I knew I shouldn't have let him in the organization. That black crested bastard has endangered everything. What made him think that he could just go about as he pleased?!" Like everyone else on the island, Eon had watched the fall of the mighty Moltres, and at first, he was filled with joy. That was one more Legendary down. But then he heard the announcement and saw the explosion of power that formed the massive castle in the sky. N.N., or Gilgamesh rather, was not furthering Team Purity, but bolstering himself. 

Eon had already tried to send grunts up to the castle, using the few flying type Pokemon that they kept in captivity, but each one had been struck from the sky by the invisible barrier. It seemed as if only Guardians were allowed in. For once, the leader of Team Purity was wishing for the victory of the Guardians. In the meantime, he would cause some trouble down on the ground. The Doctor was still working on the project in which he had been assigned, that left Eon free to do as he pleased. 

Storming off his yacht, Eon checked his cell phone. Each member of Team Purity was fitted with a tracker. He hadn't heard anything from the newly recruited Roxanne in awhile. She had been assigned to find any legendary and terminate it. Although the young girl seemed to have an interest in the legendary bird, Articuno. Articuno would no doubt be angered by the death of Moltres, and as such, would likely make an appearance. It was time for Eon to get an update and warn her of the impending arrival of Articuno.

Twenty minutes later...

Entering the cave that Eon knew that Roxanne was in, he called out her name. "Roxanne! Get your butt over here. I demand a report!"

Instead of replying to Cresselia's voice that was mixed in with pure venom, the human Darkrai only made an annoyed hissing sound against her. Afterwards, once King Aurelius had finished with his explanation, the anthropomorphic being of darkness -who definitely wasn't kindhearted in any possible way- did nothing more than grunt as each of the Guardians prepared themselves. He couldn't help but admit that they disgusted him, but it wasn't as if he had a choice since he'd been somehow found out. Once this was all over, he would be able to retreat back into Areo's body, where no one would recognize the entity that helped defeat the king, and keep on hiding.

It was as simple as that.

"So then... are we going or not?" Darkrai asked, turning to face the castle with a look of annoyance.

[hr]

From the gigantic, floating Mesopotamian castle of crystal, the swarms of Unowns began to create a crystal staircase from the entrance, spiraling downwards until it reached the base of the courtyard, upon which it rooted itself into the ground deeply. Without any railings or such, it wouldn't be very difficult for any careless trainer to fall off on their way up, and as some ambitious trainers found out as they rushed upwards before the Guardians could prepare themselves, there was a psychic barrier preventing anyone without any relations with the Legendaries from advancing on.

At the very top was a normal-sized door also composed of crystal, unlocked for anyone who'd managed to make it up there to enter.

Within, the building looked different, the walls having been replaced by an otherworldly, dark realm that stretched out into infinity, which resembled space a bit what with the pretty stars and galaxies and all. It was the realm of the Unowns, but a blank space in which there were only a few wild Unowns present. As for the path, it was crystalline, but slightly narrow as it stretched onwards...to an arena, an incredibly massive arena that was fit to serve as a worthy battlefield between the ancient King Gilgamesh and the Legendary Pokemon, possessing more than enough space.

And at the very end of that arena was a throne of gold, upon which King Gilgamesh - formerly known as N.N - sat, with his Pikachu standing before him as it eagerly awaited the first challenger. Above them were five Unowns, spinning in circles while gathering up more and more energy, since they would need quite a lot of it to act as support for their two to-be combatants. This was the team that the golden-haired immortal fully expected to overpower every single Legendary that dared answer his challenge.

Resting by the side of his throne was a simplistic handphone - with all the data for the Legendaries already typed in, and Eon's email right there. That way, it would only take him the simple click of a button for the information to be sent. Of course, whether he succeeded in his plan or not, he was still going to send it.

And so it was that his first challengers arrived.

"Entei and Suicine, I welcome you both, as well as your Guardians, Serena Finch and Clement Calvinson." King Gilgamesh called out with a confident voice, not bothering to step up from his throne, but instead choosing to demonstrate just how much knowledge he held over their owners just so that they understood that his threat hadn't been but a bluff. Upon seeing them, Urlugal's excitement only grew. "Now, I know what you're both going to say - you were right not to trust me. But honestly, you weren't, just like you wouldn't any form of humanity. Your creator, lord over life and death, treasured the balance, yet he himself tipped that balance to create the trio that forms you."

Gripping the edges of his throne tightly, he glanced down to give his Pikachu a signal, before looking back up to face the two Legendaries once more.

"If Legendaries treasure this balance so much, why would they break their own rules? Are their words, perhaps, the rule themselves? How selfish. How conceited. If our gods are going to interfere, then interfere, but if they're not, then they should just disappear, else they abuse their own power. What gives you all the right to judge humanity as you see fit, when you can be fooled and die just as easily as they are?"

He didn't expect his words to make sense to the two Pokemon trainers that stood a hundred meters away from him, all the way across the arena. He didn't expect to convince either of the two Legendary Dogs about his truly noble intentions. In all honesty, he didn't expect to gain anything from this pre-battle speech he was making at all, since it wasn't as if the so-called gods over nature's creation and laws were going to accept his logic anytime soon.

"No matter. It wasn't even worth the explanation." He remarked with a shake of the head, before relaxing his body. The Pikachu then moved away from its master by taking several steps forward, its tail sticking up, and once it was ready, he concluded, "As owners of two of the three Legendary Dogs, you trainers should have the honor of starting this duel. Now, begin however you want, though I must inform you that your fates are inevitable."

As he spoke those words, he sensed that Kytes and his Latios were also about to enter the realm. Excellent. They were indeed responding to his challenge, and he remained quite confident in his power to handle them all at once. Besides, being as far-spread as they were, there was no way that they would be able to maintain teamwork and combine their powers.

Still on Cresselia's back Ice simply floated to the door without taking the long, and unsafe, Unown staircase, to the crystal door. Ice pushed it open and the duo flew in. 

Within the castle was breath-taking, the seemingly endless world of the Unowns would certainly provide a fitting backdrop for the epic battle that was going to take place. Cresselia eyed the few Unown's who occupied the space suspiciously, wondering if Gilgamesh might attempt to use them against them, seeing his underhanded battle plan against Moltres, she wouldn't put it past him. 

Ice however stared directly across the arena at Gilgamesh, her mouth open in an o-shape, eyes filled with a mix of fear and awe. Sitting so confidently on his gold throne he really was terrifying. What scared her more was the obvious murderous aura in the room, she couldn't sense it like a Lucario could, but her familiarity with it allowed her to recognize it. When Elias had kidnapped her after the Grand Festival she'd been controlled by him... had no free will of her own... forced to be his personal killing machine... if it hadn't been for Celebi she might still be under his control. 

Squeezing her eyes shut Ice blinked her tears away, this was not about her, but about Cresselia. There would be enough time for her to wallow in self-pity later. Looking again at the false king Ice really wondered if they could defeat him... alone no, but maybe together...

"I don't know what feud you have with us boy," Cresselia's anger could be felt throughout the space the pressure slowly building, as she floated down towards Clement and Serina, ",but you have made a grave mistake challenging us here today. I can feel ancient hatred within you boy, and today I will give you peace... in the afterlife!" Ice cringed at how cruel Cresselia sounded... never had she ever heard the Pokemon speak in such a way. 

"H-h-hello," Ice gave a half-smile and a wave as she disembarked from Cresselia, "Gilgamesh, maybe you would consider ending this with words instead of violence. Now matter how this ends you won't come out on top, this path your taking only ends in pain and hatred!" Despite feeling timid and small Ice implored the fearsome king, "Though I suppose after everything, you won't just stop now..." 

Steve:
Climbing up on one of the nearby trees, Steve wanted to get a better vantage point of the floating castle, and when it came into view, he became angered, then he remembered Gilgamesh's ultimatum, and thought to himself. "If anyone is going to hunting Celebi's guardian for the rest of his life, it's gonna be me."

Meanwhile, Johnson's subgroup had been trying to locate said guardian when his friend Charles had saw him flying towards the castle. "Steve I believe we have located him." Johnson said receiving info from Charles. "He's approaching the castle on top of a Salamence."
"Excellent!" Steve replied remembering that he still had his tracker hidden inside Silver's bag so he could just track his movements from there. "I'm sure he's heading towards that crystal castle in the sky up there."
"Speaking of, there must be some sort of barrier up there. I've seen some people try to use their pokemon to get up there but to no avail." Johnson replied keeping an eye on the proceedings.
"Hmph, I figured he'd do that." Steve replied before ordering the gang back having done their job. "For now, report back to me, Steve out."

Ending the conversation, Steve shook his head and planned his own ultimatum for Gilgamesh because despite everything, Steve still ranked higher than him in the organisation. Getting out his communicator, Steve sent a video email to Gilgamesh thinking that he'd be battling right about now, and it said. "King Gilgamesh. Just to warn you, sending anyone ELSE after Celebi's guardian would be a grave mistake... for them." As the email was sent, Steve developed a smirk on his face.

Silver:
Seeing the crstaline staircase materialising itself, Silver though to himself. "Hmph as long as I have Salamence, I don't need stairs, and those stairs look very unsafe." Preparing himself for the fight of his and Celebi's lives, the latter still wasn't happy with its guardian's intentions. "You're not actually thinking about going after that guy are you? We'll both be killed!"
"And if we don't go up there, he'll send our info to Team Purity and I refuse to let that happen. My decision is made Celebi."

Clenching his fists as a drop of sweat rolled down his face, Silver wondered what he'd be dealing with when he got to the castle. He was thinking that surely Gilgamesh must've been hiding some hidden gems or weapons up there that would give him the strategic advantage, but he trusted in his own abilities and he stepped outside near the foot of the staircase and got out Salamence's pokeball. "Okay Salamence, let's go!" Salamence nodded as Silver approached the castle much faster than going there on foot, hoever he still faced the problem of maneuvering around the Unown. "Gee, they're not making this easy are they?" he said to himself as the castle got closer and closer.

Landing safely, Silver returned Salamence to its pokeball and as he got to the front door, Celebi was suddenly released from its pokeball. "Looks like the false king wanted Celebi to be visible for the upcoming battle, though I would've sent Celebi out anyway." he thought as he walked in the front door to see a hallway filled with Unown leading towards the arena, though as they got closer and closer, Celebi became more agitated and Silver knew this, but still took the risk of going in anyway.

Inside the throne room, Silver stared across the arena to see a confident looking Gilgamesh just sitting there on his gold throne. No doubt there was a muderous aura in the air, and because he has owns a Lucario who could obviously sense it, Silver was able to sense the aura as well. His sight then turned to the trainers that had already gathered; Clement, Serena and Ice. Nodding his head, Silver thought to himself "If we are to win in this decisive battle, we'll have to work together to beat that false king." Sensing Silver's thoughts, Celebi nodded still giving a angry glare at Gilgamesh.

"Dugtrio, follow Blake's Blaziken and Charizard; Claydol, you too," Terra instructed, before moving over to the PC and fetching her Krookodile. The two Pokemon that were addressed had already taken off, before Terra turned to the Blades of Four, a determined look on her face.

"Let's get this over with," Terra ventured forth without waiting for them as she said this.

Terra was the first of the Blades of Four to arrive at the scene. As she climbed up the stairs to her certain doom victory, the Rock-type Musketeer followed closely behind; someone had to accompany her up to face this false king and ensure she didn't do anything stupid. However, the minute Terra stepped into the castle, she knew that her original plan wasn't going to work; apparently the castle was much larger on the inside than it was on the outside.

"Hmph... so much for bringing the castle down on top of him, the lucky sod," Terra scoffed, before noting the phone in the false king's hand, "Wait... the phone..."

"If he was smart, he would've used it already," Terrakion was quick to inform, before pondering a little, "But if he hasn't..."

"All we have to do is take it from him and BAM!!" Terra exclaimed in a hopeful tone, "We break it and Team Purity would be none the wiser!"

"That can wait," after saying this, the Rock-type Musketeer cast a look of pure venom at King Gilgamesh, "We should be focusing on breaking him."

When Kytes, and Latios flew into the arena, the two were met with the sight of Gilgamesh sitting smugly on his throne. As Kytes continued to take in the scene, the ridiculousness of the situation seemed to become painfully apparent. Already faced with five legendary Pokémon, the psychopath had chosen to bring out a lone Pikachu as his only combatant… “This guy is either crazy, or…”

“No, just crazy... But you saw what that thing did to Moltress. We have to be ready for anything, or it could be over in one attack.” Latios’s voice was filled with determination, as he began to land near the other legends.

“How reassuring…” Stepping off Latios, Kytes’s face took on its default melancholy expression, as he observed his allies. He had seen a few of their faces around the island, but the one who stuck out in particular was Ice, who he had met a few nights ago. “Lati, you think you could set us up with a line of communication or something? We could use any advantage we can get.” Kytes spoke just loud enough for his Pokémon to hear.  “Yea, that much is easy. Give me a sec…”  The Eon Pokemon closed his eyes for a moment, before sending a mental announcement to all the friendly Pokemon, and Guardians. “Done, you’re now all welcome to the Latios telepathic communications service. I’ll be your operator for this battle to the death; you guys can call me Latios.” Kytes could only hold his head in shame, as his Pokémon continued. “For those wondering why I’m here with you masters of the elements, and gods of nature… I assure you, I haven’t the faintest idea.  But that doesn't matter, I’m not gona to let any of you old timers try and take all the glory. We need to work together.”

Only when Latios had finished his public service announcement, did Kytes understand what he was trying to do. The Eon Pokémon could sense the fear, and anxiety from some of their allies, and was trying to ease them the only way he knew how. Avoiding Gilgamesh’s gaze, Kytes looked over to the other trainers, before testing the psychic link for himself.

“Ummm yea guys, we sorta do need a plan…”

Blake Aston ~ Blades of Four Leader

Following Terra's enthusiasm, Blake and Cobalion lead the rest of the group up to Gilgamesh. However, with each step, Blake began to clench his fists even tighter. When he offered to help us find Keldeo...he lied!! He made me reveal Cobalion...and try to help him find Keldeo!! he thought, his teeth beginning to grind on each themselves.

I suppose you were right about your feeling on that man. Cobalion said in a mental conversation between the two, running beside his champion. And to have a feeling that is right like that, isn't very often.

Doesn't matter...just to think I helped him out...with revealing you... Blake thought back. He simply wished to emerge where Gilgamesh was...so he could stop him.

[hr]

Draco Oliver ~ Detective

"Draco, was it...you better hold on." Raikou demanded to his new guardian. "We're getting up there...to help my brothers out."

The detective was shocked to hear what the Thunder Dog had mentioned. Help his brothers? Then that means Entei and Suicune are already up the-... he thought, before feeling a rush around him, as Raikou began to run at his top speed, but it seemed even faster than when he was first on the dog's back. "J-JEEZ! Warn me next time, Raikou!"

"I did. You weren't paying attention." Raikou rolled his eyes, as he basically zipped past the others trying to make their way to Gilgamesh. Entei...Suicune...you two better stay alive long enough for me to continue that argument...

Serena was totally surprised by the contact of another Legendary. Its telepathic touch was much different Entei's or any of the other Legendaries she had come in contact with. Latios seemed to be more care free and fun, compared to the Legendary Beasts. "It is because he is young. He doesn't know pain, yet." Entei said privately to her. Whether Serena believed such a sentiment remained unseen, either way, there were pressing matters at hand. “Ummm yea guys, we sorta do need a plan…” Serena turned her attention to Latios' Guardian. "A plan? How about we just pummel? Let's do this Entei!" She called, bringing out the Volcano Pokemon. Upon its arrival, the air around the group of trainers increased dramatically in temperature. 

"Listen, Serena, I don't think that it is such a good idea to be..." Clement started, but was interrupted by the fiery tempered girl. "Entei! Use Flame Charge!" A fierce look entered Entei's eyes. The anger that Serena had witnessed the day before on the beach had resurfaced. She could feel it through the link, although she was sure that the other Guardians could see it. The way he walked and acted was a perfect representation of anger. The volcano and erupted.

Letting out a deafening roar, Entei charged the pompous 'king'. The air around him combusted, covering his body in flames as he rocketed towards Gilgamesh and his puny Pikachu. At the back of Entei's mind, he knew that he should be more careful, but one does not just calm a volcano. The die had been cast, it was Gilgamesh's move.

[hr]

Rivere held her side as she continued to climb the crystal stair case. Blake and Coballion had started before her and had long since taken the lead. Just a few minutes ago she had seen a blue streak whizz by, heading straight for the castle. Using her knowledge of Pokemon, Rivere had determined that the streaking blur could only be Latios. "Please, get on. We must hurry." Virizion insisted. Through ragged gasps of air, Rivere agreed. She had not expected the climb to be so taxing. Clambering onto the antelope-like Pokemon's back, Rivere ducked low as Virizion pushed her limits of speed, sprinting up the staircase.

Crashing through the crystal door, Rivere saw that she was indeed late to the party. Both Terra and Blake were already there. Although Kaeden was no where to be seen. "I am here. What is going on?" Rivere asked, but before anyone could give her an answer, a powerful blast of heat washed over the group as what appeared to be a meteor rocketed towards the poised, black-crowned Gilgamesh. "Oh."

"As expected of a legendary dog." King Gilgamesh said, almost mockingly as the flaming torrent of heat that was Entei raced past the arena. It was practically the exact same thing that had happened to Moltres.

Thrusting his right arm forward, he moved his mouth but no words came out of them - even so, the Urlurgal in front of him reacted as if it had heard, and began to instantaneously charge up vasts amount of electricity against the meteor. Of course, even at its very limits, a Pikachu could never match to the full might of a Legendary. If his intention was to match it in pure strength, then it would almost surely lose. However, that had never been his intention, as his command had been Thunder Wave.

The rushing Entei was pelted by countless electric sparks one after another that wrapped themselves around him as he made its way towards his opponents, slowly but surely slowing down in momentum, though he might not have even noticed that this was happening since it was quite insignificant compared to his power. However, by the time he stopped, they would be more than enough to keep him occupied for a few seconds.

As for how he would be stopped, it was rather simple. The five spinning Unowns above the field had their eyes glow purple, and manipulated the reality before them; suddenly, a ripple in space occurred, and both Entei's direction and position was altered so that it was now heading towards its own master - Serena.

Once that trivial matter was dealt with, King Gilgamesh moved his gaze towards an unnaturally-haired girl far off on the other side of the arena, Ice.

"Words? Should I somehow convince the gods to either submit to the causes of humanity or simply commit suicide? No, in a world such as this, such things but the dream of a heretic." He paused as he stood up from his throne, though doing nothing else at the moment. "But of course, for someone like you who spent most of her life in a laboratory, I can't expect you to understand."

Once he was done, he had decided upon his first true move of action against his opponents.

"Now, Urlugal, annihilate Latios."

The Pikachu before him charging up its energy, it let out an amazingly powerful streak of lightning throughout the arena, one that was so powerful that it could possibly even rival that of a Zapdos or Raikou. While at first it seemed to indeed be heading towards the aforementioned blue Eon Pokemon, once it had gone past halfway through the arena the truth became apparent.

The chosen target was actually Kytes, and only something as fast as a jet would be able to save him from that distance by the time it was obvious.

“Alright then,” Blake had said turning away from the King and then looked at the other Guardians, assuming his role as a leader, “If you have Pokemon to help defend the other Trainers, call them now and send them out! Give them the order to help out! Once that's done . . . we go after Gilgamesh!”

“Right,” Keaden said with a nod and took hold of three of his Pokeballs. Ready to bring out his Heracross and Simisear to assist, something in the back of Keaden’s mind seemed to be telling him he shouldn’t let the two Pokemon go. “We might need them to fight King Gilgamesh,” Keaden thought and gave Keldeo a worried look, and the Colt Pokemon gave a confident nod, speaking to him telepathically, “Do whatever you think is right. I’m sure there will be enough to help defend the other trainers.”

“Right,” Keaden lied to himself, still worried about not offering any assistance to the trainers who had the misfortune to get caught between the struggle between King Gilgamesh and the Guardians and their Legendary Pokemon. Keaden looked up and gasped in surprise seeing the other Guardians already bolting for the door, intent on getting their as soon as possible to eliminate King Gilgamesh before too much harm could be done.

“H-Hey! Wait for me!” Keaden shouted and cried in shock as Keldeo tossed him onto his back so they could both bolt out of the throne room as well. Darting through the hallway Keldeo avoided trampling anyone who happened to be in his way, though sometimes just narrowly, and broke out into the open air.

The two could already see that most of the other Legendary Pokemon and their Guardians had already climbed the crystal staircase that spiraled down from the front door of the floating castle. “Shall we!?” Keldeo asked, his voice brimming with anticipation and excitement, even if it was telepathic. Keaden gripped Keldeo’s mane tighter with his hand and nodded before giving a loud shot, “Yeah! Let’s go!”

Keldeo reared on his hind legs and dashed forward, leaping off of into the air. For a moment the two were suspended in the air before Keldeo shot jets of water out of his hooves to keep them airborne. Riding on the jets of water Keldeo and Keaden ran through the air and by the time they had reached the crystal staircase they were already just a little over halfway up the massive structure.

“Alright! Now let’s go join the others! Full speed Keldeo!” Keaden said thinking of what kinds of glory he’d receive in the battle if he and Keldeo where the ones who defeated King Gilgamesh. Indeed Keaden’s mind was so full of fantasies of him and Keldeo defeating King Gilgamesh singlehandedly it took him a moment to realize that Keldeo hadn’t moved and was, in fact, trembling. Keaden looked down at Keldeo, whose gaze was fixed on something in the distance, and asked, “Keldeo? What is i-”

Keaden stopped speaking and felt his heart jump to his throat. Across from the crystal staircase where they were, sitting on the edge of the building, with his cold eyes staring right back at them, was Seer. He was no more than a few feet from them, close enough that both Legendary and Guardian alike knew they were too close. Swallowing Keaden took a few deep breaths then shouted at Seer, making Keldeo’s eyes grow wide and look up at his Guardian in surprise at what he said, “We’re going up to defeat King Gilgamesh! You’re a Guardian too so . . . so . . . why don’t you come and help!?”

“Why?”

That was all Seer had to say and it even seemed as if he had sounded bored. Keldeo let his anger take hold and shouted back, “Didn’t you hear what that other psychopath said!? He wants to kill all of the Legendary Pokemon! You’re the Guardian of Deoxys so that means him too! He’s already killed Moltres and did it by using his Guardian so don’t think he wouldn’t attack you to get to Deoxys!”

“So this false king is the one who murdered Moltres,” Seer said again sounding more bored than interested in what Keldeo and Keaden had said. Seer stood up and let his cloak blow in the wind, “He did not challenge me so I will not interfere.”

“But!” Keaden said and stopped when Keldeo bucked a bit to make him be quiet. He could tell the Legendary was ready to just leave and get to the real battle. Turning to climb the stairs Keldeo stated, “Forget it Keaden, he’s just a coward.”

“A coward am I?” Seer said appearing before Keaden and Keldeo on the crystal staircase- via teleport most likely. His sudden appearance had startled Keldeo so badly he reared and almost threw Keaden off of him, though Seer grabbed the young boy by his collar and pulled him back onto Keldeo’s back. His holding onto Keaden’s collar Seer’s cold, lifeless eyes didn’t drift away from Keaden’s for a moment, “I was not challenged so I will not interfere with the battle against the false king. Besides . . . there are too many Legendary Pokémon up there for my taste; I prefer one-on-one battles to the death, not some sideshow with spectators. Surely you can defeat the false king with your combine might and will not require my aid. Yet I will lend you this.”

Seer took hold of one of his Pokeballs with his free hand and held it out to Keaden, dropping it in the other Guardian’s hand, “She has stated her desire to help the other Guardians in my sted.”

Keaden looked down at the Pokeball then back at Seer and blinked in astonishment. Seer was nowhere in sight. “Another teleport?” Keldeo asked and Keaden just shook his head, “I dunno . . . but it doesn’t matter, we have to get to the others and help!”

“Right!”

[hr]

“Roxanne! Get your butt over here. I demand a report!”

“Good help is so hard to find these days,” a voice echoed throughout the cave accompanied by the sound of metal tapping against rock. Within a minute Kazam stepped into the dim light of the cave entrance with his spoon-cane in hand, giving one last clink against the rock as the Psi Pokemon stopped in front of the leader of Team Purity, “My Master wishes to have a word with you . . .”

[hr]

Deep within King Gilgamesh’s lair the other Legendary Pokemon faced down the dark King, resting on his golden throne with his Pikachu eager to fight. None of the Legendary Pokemon made a move to attack King Gilgamesh, wary of the five Unown that were floating around him and what they might do if they attacked hastily. Latios had formed a telepathic link between all of the Legendary Pokemon and the Guardians so that they could formulate a battle plan without their enemy overhearing them; a great advantage less King Gilgamesh could also read minds, then it would be a moot point. Kystes avoided King Gilgamesh’s gaze and spoke to the other trainers through the psychic link, “Ummm yea guys, we sorta do need a plan . . .”

“A plan? How about we just pummel? Let's do this Entei!" Serena shouted and summoned the Volcano Pokemon from his Master Ball. The white light fading away from his majestic form Entei stood proudly in front of his Guardian and, with his arrival, the temperature of the air around them rose.

“Listen, Serena, I don't think that it is such a good idea to be-”

“Entei! Use Flame Charge!”

“As expected of a legendary dog,” King Gilgamesh had said, almost mockingly.

Then, as if everything that occurred had been preplanned by King Gilgamesh himself, Entei’s direction was changed by the five Unown that had been floating above him; they manipulated reality so that Entei was now heading towards its own master- Serena.

“Now, Urlugal, annihilate Latios . . .”

King Gilgamesh’s Pikachi charged up its engery and let out a streak of lightning through the throne room; the attack so powerful it rivaled that of a Legendary Pokemon. And, while at first, it seemed to head towards Latios, once it had gotten more than halfway through the room it was obvious that the target was really Kytes.

“Reuniclus use Psychic on the Thunder!”

At its owners command the Multiplying Pokemon unleashed a torrent of its psychic powers to take control of the lightning. However, the Reuniclus struggled to just barely keep hold of the powerful attack much less move it; in a few seconds it wouldn’t be able to keep the psychic grip on the attack and the lightning would finish streaking through the room.

Luckily, a few seconds was all Keaden and Keldeo had needed. Having crashed through the stain glass window of King Gilgamesh’s castle, the one that was right behind Gilgamesh’s throne, Keaden’s Aipom was thrown by Anne and used Agility to make it over to Kystes in time to knock him down so when the Thunder broke free of the Psychic it didn’t hit him.

“Hey! Gilgamesh!” Keaden shouted and dropped towards the False King. As Keaden reared both hands back, cupped into fists, Anne and Keldeo streaked off to quickly eliminate the five Unown in the sudden confusion their entrance had caused; luckily Keldeo could take out four with his a Hydro Pump from his hooves and taking down one Unown was child’s play to Seer’s Epseon.

When Keaden was close enough he hurled both hands down to try and hit Gilgamesh yet something seemed to block him and he was hurled clear across the room. Flying through the air something caught Keaden and placed him on the ground, Anne’s eyes ceasing their glow as she released him from her psychic hold. Keaden gave her a thankful nod as Keldeo raced over beside his Guardian, “Sorry guys . . . I really thought I had him . . .”

Now the battle hatruly begun. Terrakion was readying a charge straight for the fallen king, but after seeing what happened to Entei, he had a change of plans. Then he saw a huge bolt of lightning going straight for one of the other Guardians, albeit already covered by Keaden's Reuniclus, which was trying to divert it. It was clear that Terrakion had a job to do; isolate the little terror that caused the lightning bolt so it couldn't harm anyone else.

"Stone Edge!" Terrakion dug his horns into the ground and lifted them back up, causing a wall of solid rock to arise straight at the Pikachu. He was expecting it to jump to one side, but he already had that covered, via creating a second wall on whatever side of his that the Pikachu would've jumped to.

"Terra, I need you to send out Tyranitar," Terrakion informed his Guardian, "Its Sand Stream trait will help me keep this cursed Pikachu at bay,"

"Way ahead of ya!" was the reply, before Terra threw three Pokeballs, one over the wall, "Tyranitar! Krookodile! Garchomp! Come on out!"

A crocodile-resembling Pokemon appeared beside the one that Terrakion had asked for. Its sunglasses sat snugly across its eyes as it waited its command. Tyranitar automatically conducted a colossal blinding sandstorm as it emerged from its Pokeball. The two were ready.

"Go go GO!!" with nothing more than this saying from Terra and a shove in different directions, Tyranitar and Krookodile charged forward, before swinging round and rushing the false king at both flanks. This wasn't a bad plan of attack from Terra; their Dark-typing would render both Tyranitar and Krookodile immune to the same hocus pocus that the Unowns used against Entei, and the sandstorm would conceal their movements. Assuming everything went according to plan, King Gilgamesh wouldn't have been able to see this two-pronged attack coming! With that, Terra turned her attention to the wall that her fellow Rock-type Musketeer made.

"My guardian, I think you should send in some of your pokemon to help." Celebi transmitted to its guardian.

"Right!" Silver replied in his head grabbing some of his pokeballs, thinking whether he had the right pokemon for the job, but he was sure he made the right choices. "Lucario and Tyranitar I need your assistance!" The 2 pokemon that Silver sent out formed a battle formation front of their trainer. Fortunately Lucario's steel-typing made it immune to the effects of the sandstorm and thanks to the second Tyranitar, the sandstorm became more fierce and it made Terra's pokemon even harder to see.

"Now, I'll go on the offensive, Lucario jump on  Tyranitar's back and fire a Dark Pulse at those pesky Unowns, and Tyranitar you use Stone Edge as well." Silver's plan was to have Lucario attack the  whilst hiding behind the dark-type Tyranitar so that the Unowns wouldn't cause it problems. "I know that Pikachu is the main powerhouse of Gilgamesh's arsenal, but I don't need to worry about it atm." Silver thought to himself as he knew that he has done all he can at the moment.

King Gilgamesh didn't appear annoyed at all when the lightning attack failed, thus saving Kytes' life without Latios having to rush to his rescue. Neither did he appear concerned when Urlugal was being targeted at all fronts. However, one thing that did annoy him was that the trainers honestly believed that anything less than Legendaries could compete with it. He didn't even need to order the Pikachu anything in order to escape such a situation, and merely continued to watch the battle as he let the electric mouse work things out by itself.

[hr]

Urlugal was undeniably excited at the prospect of the battle. While he was a little annoying that his master kept ordering him to attack the puny earthians instead of the Legendary Pokemon that were right THERE, he lightened up greatly when Terrakion made the first move against him and threw out...an incredibly slow and fragile boulder? Could it be, could it possibly be that Terrakion wasn't taking him very seriously? That none of them were taking him very seriously, only because of his size? No. He would have to prove them wrong. He would prove them wrong, and show them just how powerful he truly was.

His tail glowed white as he concentrated energy into it, thickening it until it was even denser than iron, until he jumped up with a "Pi-kaaa!" (Iron Tail!) and swung it forth, smashing the rock wall into little pieces as it came within his range, and following suit with the others that Terrakion sent after him.

Shortly afterwards came a sandstorm that began to cover the crystal arena, and as powerful as he was, he didn't exactly know how to affect the environment. Even though it was a disadvantage, and even though it separated him from his master, he could work with it, and closed his eyes as he chose to rely on his other senses instead in the thick of the sand. But just as it sensed two relatively weak Pokemon rush past it, the storm thickened even more and it distracted him long enough for them to get out of his range. No matter - the master would deal with them.

The sandstorm was also an advantage to Urlugal himself, and as soon as his ears had adapted to the thickness, he silently charged onwards, his presence hidden from the other Legendaries by the sand.

Emerging from it, he appeared right in front of a Tyranitar and Lucario duo, and disappointment crossed past his face. Even though they were both above ordinary Pokemon, he would rather face the actual Legendaries. Not bothering to waste much of his energy on them, he delivered a single, crippling boulder-shattering Iron Tail onto the hulking Tyranitar's chest before unleashing a volley of Thunder Wave all around, paralyzing all lifeforms closest to him.

By the time he hit the ground, he wasn't very far from Silver, and looked straight ahead. He could sense Celebi, but it was staying hidden. The coward!

"PIKAA-CHUUU!!!"

Growling cutely at the taller human, Urlugal quickly charged up energy before firing a hastened Thunder at Silver from near point-blank range, hoping that Celebi would show itself to defend its own master. While his attack was still weaker compared what he usually did, it was still just as great as a normal Thunder attack.

...Meanwhile, one of the Unowns - named N-4 - noticed that Pikachu had gone straight out of the sandstorm and directly into the area where all the trainers and Legendary Pokemon were. While annoyed at the recklessness of King Gilgamesh's supposed 'most powerful servant', N-4 set up a psychic barrier around him, one that was just powerful enough to absorb any surprise attack. From there on out, Urlugal would have to fend for himself.

As for the others, they didn't bother to clear away the sandstorm, realizing that it was also an asset to their own side if nobody could see through it. They temporarily scattered to dodge a Dark Pulse that came from below, before resuming to set up the barrier that protected them from all other attacks.

[hr]

Sighing lightly as a sandstorm appeared before him, enveloping the arena, King Gilgamesh put the handphone on his seat before cracking his knuckles. Apparently, Urlugal was too distracted in his battle, and he somehow managed to let two insignificant Pokemon get past him. That was acceptable, as even the most powerful had recognized limits. Then, as Tyranitar and Krookodile came into sight, he waited until they slowed down upon passing an invisible barrier, managing to go through it due to being Dark-types.

Unperturbed, he threw his cape off, thrusted both of his arms forward, and murmured a single word of power, having energy course through his veins and come out in the form of energy beams that hit both Pokemon and knocked them unconscious. It wasn't due to the sheer strength of them, but due to the aftereffect - it was like how some moves could cause the status effect of Sleep, only taking it a step further. Strange how evolution had deliberately moved away from the possibility.

Concealed by the sandstorm, none else witnessed this happen.

As the Pikachu launched its Iron Tail attack, striking Tyranitar down, Lucario used this time to jump off Tyranitar's back and use the force of his jump to get behind Silver before the Thunder Waves left the toppled Armour pokemon completely immobilised as constant streaks of electricity run through his body.

It wasn't long before said Pikachu was standing less than a metre away from Silver and growling at him as it sensed that Celebi was a coward before firing a abnormally powerful Thunder attack hoping that Celebi would defend its own master, "Master, let's use our aura" but he would be disappointed because at that time Silver's eye shut briefly and he and Lucario projected their aura to create a barrier that would be strong enough to block the Thunder attack but it wouldn't last long given Pikachu's power, which is when Celebi stepped in.

Sensing that the barrier wouldn't last very long, Celebi said to its master "Don't worry master, I'll save you." Celebi used its psychic attack to thrust Silver away from the attack just as the aura barrier failed, however Lucario was not as lucky as the attack forced through and struck him down and the sheer force of the attack left Lucario unable to attack as he was rendered completely immobilised as well.

Using his strength to get up, Silver brerathed heavily and realised one thing. "That assault left Celebi out in the open and thanks to the sandstorm I have no idea what happened to Tyranitar." While he didn't know what happened to Tyranitar, he was able to deduce that Lucario was out of it using his aura, and he only had one option left, Celebi. "Celebi, use Giga Drain on Pikachu... wherever it is and use Psychic to guide your attack!" Beams of green light were fired from Celebi's arms and as its eyes turned purple, the attack turned into a heatseeking-esque attack hoping to find its target.

Serena watched in triumph as Entei charged towards Gilgamesh and his pathetic little rat. How could they possibly hope to stand up to a Legendary, like Entei? This guy was way out of his league. Of course, all these thoughts came to Serena before the damned Pikachu began its assault on Entei. And at first, Serena's mind was changed. The attack released from the electric Pokemon was indeed powerful, but seemed to be fairly ineffective. Thunder Wave, usually causing paralysis, only managed to slow down the streaking meteor that was Entei. Gilgamesh had underestimated her...or so she thought.

Serena didn't know when she realized that things went wrong, but when she had, it was almost to late. Entei's direction had been altered, due to an unforeseen psychic attack by the troublesome Unowns. "Entei! Stop! Stop! STOP!" Serena cried, holding out her hand in a very obvious 'stop' manner. "I...can't..." Entei charged on, unable to stop his powerful attack. He could only hope that someone would step in and save Serena. 

"Arceus damn it all!" Clement exclaimed. Taking the locks off his wheelchair, he maneuvered himself to sweep Serena off her feet, literally. Hitting the back of her legs with his own, the black haired girl fell into his lap. Clement let out a groan of pain as Serena landed on a spot that ought not to be landed on. However, there was no time to worry about that now. His arms became a flurry of movement as he quickly wheeled himself, and Serena out of the path of the charging meteor. "Suicune, stop him!" 

Appearing out of his Pokeball, the wolf-like Pokemon sprung into action. "I've been waiting to do this." Suicune said, a touch of pleasure in his voice as he released a powerful Blizzard at the charging Volcano Pokemon. The icy wind quickly quenched the eager flames as well as slowed Entei's charge. "Thank you, brother...I think." Entei said, shaking himself much like a wet dog would. 

Before Serena could thank Clement for his quick save, a powerful sandstorm came out of nowhere, although it wasn't hard to guess that it was due to the effect of a Pokemon. Rushing to get off of Clement's lap, Serena tried to get her bearings in the storm. "Entei, can you see anything." "I'm afraid not, the storm is quite powerful." Serena let out a string of curses. Here she was, the most important battle of her life, and she couldn't see a damn thing. "Any ideas, Clement?" Serena asked, turning towards the boy. "Clement, are you alright?" 

Clement sat a few feet away from her, a pain look on his face as he gingerly held his crotch. "Yea...just...just give me a moment." Serena nodded, obviously embarrassed by the turn of events. She looked away, taking note that Clement's voice was noticeably higher. Once he had recovered, Clement wheeled himself to Serena's side. "This isn't going to work." Clement said.

Panic attacked Serena's chest. What did he mean that 'this' wasn't going to work? They were just getting to know each other and now Clement wanted to break things off. Of course...they hadn't really talked about anything pertaining to a relationship of sorts...but after all they had been through, Serena thought that it would take a little more than accidental ball bashing to break them apart. "Clement...I...." "Our normal Pokemon don't stand a chance against this guy. It is going to have to be all or nothing." 

Serena offered the boy in the wheelchair a confused look before understanding dawned on her. Of course! He had been referring to the battle. Serena mentally slapped herself, and she thought she could almost hear Entei laughing about it telepathically. "Um...yeah, yeah you're right." Serena focused her thoughts, trying to tap into the psychic link that Latios had set up.

"Hey look, you Slowpokes. This little display is cute and all, but you may or may not have noticed that you are doing effing nothing! Put your big boy pants on and quit this half-assed job you all seemed determine to complete!" "Your tact is simply amazing." Entei said sarcastically, cutting into Serena's momentary rant. She fixed the lion-like Pokemon with a dangerous stare. "You're the one that was beat by a few Unowns."  Of course, that wasn't particularly fair, Serena had been the one that ordered the attack. Nonetheless, they agreed to finish the argument some other time. Despite Serena's way of going about it, she wasn't wrong. Using non-Legendaries to fight this Gilgamesh guy wasn't going to help them. 

"Raikou, Suicune, I say we need to set our differences aside, for now. The world needs the Legendary Beasts again." "I'm with you, you fiery faced bastard. What about you, lightning bolt?"

[hr]

Rivere shielded her eyes from the powerful sandstorms. Just before it had sprung up, she thought she caught sight of Kaeden appearing out of nowhere. What was more, he seemed to appear right beside Gilgamesh. Not long after that, a surprising, if not somewhat offensive message, came from who appeared to the Guardian of Entei. As tactless as the sentiment was, it wasn't false. It was no secret that they were all Guardians, they all may as well act like ones. "Virizion, as much as I hate to say it, I think fighting is the only option." Rivere said, after hearing Gilgamesh's response towards Ice's request for a surrender. I agree. "But I am not letting you do this alone." 

Without waiting for consent, Rivere clambered on to the back of the Grassland Pokemon. I figured as much. "Then let's go!" Rivere exclaimed as they rode off into the sandstorm, unafraid of the black crowned psychopath. 

[hr]

"He does, does he?" Eon said, turning to face the Alakazam. It was clearly an older Pokemon, it was really a wonder how it had escaped him the day before. "And what is stopping me from killing you right now?" Eon said, opening two Pokeballs. The forms of Espeon and Umbreon appeared at his sides. "Of course, I wouldn't dare endanger my friendship with your master." Eon thought about the matter for a moment. The psychic trainer was obviously a threat. His powers could prove detrimental to his plans. 

"Very well. I will meet with your boss. But on my terms. Have him meet me on the deck of my yacht." Eon walked away. His report from Roxanne would have to wait. His schedule had just filled up.

Keaden had just managed to apologize for not being able to take out King Gilgamesh in one defining blow before a Terrakion flew into action and hurled a large boulder at Gilgamesh’s Pikachu, the tiny mouse Pokémon easily shattering the boulder with an Iron Tail while the Cavern Pokémon shouted to his Guardian, “Terra, I need you to send out Tyranitar! Its Sand Stream trait will help me keep this cursed Pikachu at bay."

Terra obliged and both her and Celebi’s Guardians sprang into action, summoning their own Tytanitars do mask the attacks of the other Pokémon they brought out. Shielding his eyes from the biting wind and flakes of sand that hit his skin Keaden could just barely see a Krookodile and a Tyranitar dashing into the sandstorm, disappearing from sight, and a Lucario joining them alongside the second Tyranitar. “Good!” Keldeo shouted to Keaden over the sound of the sandstorm despite the fact it didn’t affecting their telepathic communication, “If they take out the Unown then whatever stopped you will go away!” Keaden squeezed his eyes shut as the sandstorm worsened and he felt that Keldeo was right; whatever he had hit definitely was invisible and was probably psychic, so if the Unown was taken out then they could get to Gilgamesh.

“Get down!” Anne shouted out of nowhere and used a psychic blast to knock everyone to their feet as Silver’s Tyranitar flew through the air after it had been hit by Pikachu’s Iron Tail, smashing against the crystalline wall; the psychic blast also allowed everyone to avoid the follow up Thunder Wave.

"PIKAA-CHUUU!!!"

Pikachu landed less than a meter away from Silver and growled at him then shot lightning at the Guardian. The battle raged on as Celebi made his appearance, saving his Guardian from the attack before unleashing his own in the form of a homing Giga Drain. The hairs on the back of Keaden’s neck stood on end as he felt Serena contact him and everyone else through Latios’ psychic link, her tone harsh, “Hey look, you Slowpokes. This little display is cute and all, but you may or may not have noticed that you are doing f*cking nothing! Put your big boy pants on and quit this half-assed job you all seemed determine to complete!”

“Your tact is simply amazing,” 
Entei said sarcastically

“You're the one that was beat by a few Unowns.”

“She’s right,” Keaden said via the psychic link, having come to the conclusion himself after he had seen the Tyranitar fly through the air from a single hit from the Pikachu. Keaden gave Keldeo a knowing nod before he spoke up, “I think we should have our other Pokémon as support and let the Legendary Pokémon be on the front line.” “That b*stard wants us, so he’ll get us!” Keldeo said and stomped his hoof, “Now we just have to come up with a way to get rid of that barrier around him . . .”

Without waiting for consent, Rivere clambered on to the back of the Grassland Pokémon and they rode off into the sandstorm, unafraid of the black crowned psychopath. Keaden gasped in shock seeing one of the Swords of Justice running at Gilgamesh without regard for her own safety and Keldeo couldn’t help but shout in fear, “Virizion! WAIT!”

“Terrakion!” Anne shouted, almost hissing in anger, “We have to get your friend back before she kills herself!”

“Celebi! Latios!” the Sun Pokémon continued jumping onto Keldeo’s back, “Keep that Pikachu occupied as best as you can until the other Four Swords can come back you up! Everyone else take out those Unown!”

“I get it!” Keldeo said realizing that Celebi and Latios were resistant too Pikachu’s electric-type attacks, which meant Virizion was also resistant and thus stood a better chance. Also, Cresselia and Darkrai were resistant and immune to the Unowns psychic attacks respectively. “Man,” Keldeo thought as he turned to charge into the sandstorm and stop Virizion before she got too far, “I’m afraid what would happen if we left her behind?”

“I don’t want to think about it,” Keaden said and took one final look back at the Epseon as she ran over to Cobalion and jumped on his back, addressing Blake in a harsh tone, “Leader of the Blades of Four, hu? You are more likely to get your team killed boy. Now focus! We have to give the others support . . .”

[hr]

“My Master wishes to have a word with you . . .”

“He does, does he?” Eon said, turning to face the Alakazam, “And what is stopping me from killing you right now?”

Kazam just let out a gruff cough, almost a laugh at the notion of Eon killing him; Kazam had not reached such an old age by being foolish. As the Espeon and Umbreon appeared at his sides Kazam turned his gaze back at the leader of Team Purity as he raised his hand to let his Pokémon know not to attack, “Of course, I wouldn't dare endanger my . . . friendship with your master. Very well, I will meet with your boss. But, on my terms! Have him meet me on the deck of my yacht . . .”

“Has the meeting been set?” a voice called from within the cave and Kazam let out a sigh, sweat appearing on his face as the Legendary Pokémon made the rare appearance into the daylight, “Yes . . . now we have to get Seer to Team Purity’s yacht.”

“That,” the Legendary Pokémon said disappearing back into the cave, “Won’t be a problem . . .”

[hr]

Eon had walked back to his yacht and discovered that all of his grunts had been knocked out, their Pokémon strewn across the deck and all over the hallways as he made his way to his office. The door bursting open Eon saw his chair had been moved so that it was facing him and as it slowly turned he was greeted with Seer grinning at him maliciously with his fingers intertwined, “Good help is hard to find now a days! My associate was quite right about that.”

Seer let out a chuckle as he heard Eon, obviously outraged at the path of destruction Seer had caused on his ship, but he didn’t apologize, “They were mere grunts, useless in the grand scheme of things. Now, let me be frank, I need your help . . .”

"..." Ice's eyes widened in horror at Gilgamesh's statement, not because of its harshness, but because of what it could mean. Only two people knew she'd been raised in a laboratory, one she knew would never betray her and one who should be dead... right? "H-h-how do you know that!? Who told you!? TELL ME!?" The blue-haired girl shrieked uncharacteristically, her eyes beginning to glow, hair defying gravity. 

"TELL METELLMETELLMETELLMETELLME! TELL ME!" The psychic pressure in the room seemed to be increasing dramatically, and even those without the ability to sense aura might be able to feel the overpowering feeling fear and anger. "YOU B******! IS HE ALIVE!?" The terrified psychic curled into a ball as she floated a few inches off the ground.

Suddenly just like that all the pressure, the aura of fear was all gone reduced to small meter long sphere surrounding Ice, who simply murmured "tell me" over and over again wide-eyed shock frozen on her face. 

Seeing her trainer like this pained Cresselia, though she knew there was nothing she could do, not until the battle was over at least and she could calm the girl down. She'd only ever seen this happen once, it had been almost immediately after they'd met and had been cornered by Team Purity grunts. Out of fear of being taken prisoner again she'd released an enormous psychic shockwave rendering herself and all the grunts unconscious. Psychic Shock is what Cresselia had dubbed it. During it when under extreme stress Ice seemed to enter a mindless state during which her full power, which she worked so hard to keep under control, released unchecked into the world. 

Returning back to the present Cresselia assessed the situation, and found she would be best suited to eliminate the various annoying Unowns flying around the arena. Targeting the Unowns she fired Ice Beams and Psychic attacks them in attempt to freeze them or overload their psychic ability.

--------

Elias scowled, thanks to the arrogant blonde there was naught a Legendary to be found, and even worse yet he seemed to want to kill them all... this was just f***ing lovely, and it seemed there was no way into the castle to stop him either.

"Arceus," Elias cursed, "Well thankfully the child didn't challenge them all, I'll have to rely on those that didn't enter the castle." From his hiding spot, in the bushes just outside the arena, he kicked a few pebbles around wondering, which Legendary he would choose. "Moira, I can't seem to decide, which Legendary would suitable for my project, you choose."

"The Lake Trio, we already know where they are, the technology is already there to harness there power, and the Red Chain can be used for more than just controlling Dialga and Palkia," Moira replied without even looking up from her nails, "besides I'm sure our lovely Pokemon Hunter will be glad to do it, wouldn't you Kay?"

"Hmph," was the Pokemon Hunter's only response before stalked off, following the directions Moira's program had given her. It was time for revenge, they would pay for what they did to her mother.

"Is it really a good idea to give Eon exactly what he wants," Elias turned to Moira glancing disapprovingly, cynical of her choice.

"It's never a bad idea to kiss up, escpecially in your case," Moira responded curtly, "besides they can 'escape' later because of those pesky trainers 'coming to the rescue'."  

----------

In the streets of Jubilife City a young green haired boy by the name of Zephyr walked along path which would lead to his apartment, when he heard a cry for help from a nearby alley. Quickly springing into action the boy rushed into the alley finding the source of the cry to a young blonde. 

~~~

Cerce smiled as the boy came closer, just as according to plan.

"Come closer, I need you to help me up, I twisted my ankle," Cerce beckoned the boy forward who hesitantly arrived at her side. Before he could react the blonde swiftly reach out cupping a cloth over his mouth with one hand, and putting him in a head lock with the other. Annoyingly he kicked furiously fighting to get away from her strong grip, though after a few seconds the gas did its job and he stopped struggling. 

"Target acquired I'm headed to Archanum now," the woman said touching an earpiece, before stripping her clothes to reveal a black uniform with a large red R on it. Hoisting the boy on her shoulders Cerce entered a small door almost hidden among the apartments. Unlike the sloppy brick outside the inside of the facility was a smooth silver.

Dragging the boy along Cerce tied and gagged him, though the gas would keep him out a few hours she did want to take any chances that his psychic abilities would cancel the effects, before throwing him into a helicopter taking off through the roof of the building. 

Eon angrily kicked the still form of one of his lackeys. When the blunt kick was met only with the sound of a cracking rib, the Team Purity leader could only assume that the grunt was dead. It was of no real consequence. He was only a grunt, Eon didn't even know his name, but it was the principle of the matter. Eon had invited Seer onto his yacht and he had decided to taint the invitation by knocking his guards unconscious, even going so far as to kill a few. That just couldn't be tolerated. 

Knowing of the psychic's superiority complex, Eon had no doubt on where he could find the a**hole. Angrily stomping through the hallways of the yacht he was unsurprised to see that the rest of his crew lay on the ground. He made sure that Espeon and Umbreon were still falling him. If the psychic decided to attack Eon, he would need those two to hold him off. They of course could not match his power, but they would put up a defense that would allow Eon to make a move of his own.

Finally reaching his office, Eon threw open the door to find Seer resting comfortably on his now trashed desk. "Good help is hard to find now a days! My associate was quite right about that. They were mere grunts, useless in the grand scheme of things. Now, let me be frank, I need your help . . .” Eon couldn't argue with Seer's argument. They were just grunts, but it wasn't so much the assault of his crew that had angered him, but the barging in and making a mockery of him. 

"Listen here, ass-munch!" Eon said, grabbing Seer by the collar of his shirt. "You've got some nerve waltzing in here and asking for my help!" Eon lifted the psychic in the air, sending him stumbling across the room. Eon had no doubt that the purple haired freak let him do it, but it didn't feel any less good. Taking a seat in his office chair, Eon rummaged through his desk drawers, pulling out two glasses and a bottle of brandy. Pouring himself a drink, he offered one to Seer. "I am however, intrigued by what you could possibly need from me." 

As he spoke, Eon discreetly checked his phone. A single text message awaited him. "All Set" -Richard.Eon wasn't an idiot. He had taken precautions. Stationed on a nearby building, Richard would undoubtedly be placing Seer in the sights of his sniper rifle. Any funny business would indeed prove lethal to the psychopath. 

Good help is hard to find now a days! My associate was quite right about that. They were mere grunts, useless in the grand scheme of things. Now, let me be frank, I need your help . . .

Seer had expected Eon to be mad, that would go without saying as he had easily mocked him by waltzing onto his ship and trashing everything; though, to be quite honest, the grunts had attacked him first. Seer even chuckled to himself as Eon lifted him up by the collar of his shirt and shouted at him, “You've got some nerve waltzing in here and asking for my help!”

What Seer hadn’t expected was that Eon would throw him across the room. Seer slammed against the wall and fell on his back, grumbling as the hood of his cloak hide his face and the mixture of anger at Eon and annoyance at himself for dropping his guard. Eon had taken his seat back and poured two glasses full of alcohol, one for himself and the other one he offered to his thrown pseudo-enemy/ally, “I am however, intrigued by what you could possibly need from me . . .”

“You,” Seer began as he got up and fixed the cloak, keeping the hood so it covered his face, “Undoubtedly know about N.N.’s actions and his challenge to the Legendary Pokémon, so I will be quick. I do not plan on interfering in the battle inside the floating castle, however, the threat N.N. poses cannot be ignored . . .”

Seer let his words sink in.

It was true that N.N. was a threat, to Seer himself and Team Purity. Seer had been reading Eon’s mind, though the leader would have never realized it, that much Seer knew for a fact was impossible because he hadn’t learned of that fact yet, and when he knew the idea had sunk in he continued, “Your plan is to kill all of the Legendary Pokémon . . . and I myself, am a Guardian of a Legendary Pokémon . . . but once N.N. is finished destroying the Legendary Pokémon you cannot say you know for sure if he will move on to your Team Purity. So in the position I currently find myself in I ask for your assistance. I can get as many of your men into N.N.’s fortress with their Pokémon, Legendary or not, so that you may have the privilege of taking the false king’s head yourself . . .”

“Wouldn’t it be wonderful P.R. to have Team Purity be the saviors of Archanium, while the Legendary Pokémon fall one by one in their vain attempt to stop him?” Seer said then tilted his head down a bit, his purple eyes glowing underneath the hood, “And what’s more . . . you may choose when to send your troops in; either when there are little Legendary Pokémon left or they have all been killed.”

It was safe to say that Terra's plan... didn't go according to plan. The false king that she was hoping to blind-side had blasted back both the Pokemon she sent in the attempt, sending them sprawling across the ground. Terrakion had been too busy to witness the explosive power, but as the only being that could possibly see through the sandstorm, he alone managed to see the aftermath of his Guardian's plan failing to come to fruition. Partly because it wasn't as close to the false king when he uttered his word of power and partly because it was bulkier in general, Tyranitar managed to get back up on its feet just fine. Krookodile, however, just happened to have the worst of luck; it was so close that it could literally feel the phone that Gilgamesh was holding on the tip of his tooth, but now he had to be nursed back to health before he could accomplish much of anything further. Terrakion decided that he'd best make some decisive orders.

"Tyranitar, fall back!" urged the Rock-type Musketeer, "Garchomp, go help Krookodile; bring it to Terra! HURRY!!"

"Why should they...?! WHAT HAPPENED??!!" Terra had the urge to scream.

"Your planned backfire, and Krookodile is seriously hurt as a result," explained Terrakion"I take it you didn't hear the explosion..."

Terra was speechless. Aside from the howling sandstorm winds negating her ability to see or hear anything, how could she possibly miss something as simple as an explosion? Seeing Krookodile's condition for herself made things even worse. But while his Guardian was paralysed from her little guilt trip, Terrakion continued on, about to press the attack on the obviously overconfident Pikachu until Anne informed him about Virizion and Rivere, who he saw had took off into the sandstorm ahead of them. Sighing, he stamped his foot on the ground, a rock barrier appearing before the two in his wake.

Eon listened to Seer's words. He had to admit, the psychic did have a point. Stopping the crazy king would indeed prove beneficial to Team Purity's goal. Not only would the public adore them, but it would provide the chance to finish off a number of the Legendary Pokemon. There was the slight moral dilemma regarding the fact that Gilgamesh was technically a part of Team Purity. Of course, he had betrayed the cause by withholding information from the rest of Team Purity, information that would no doubt aid in the completion of Team Purity's goal. No, Gilgamesh was no member of Team Purity. 

Eon eyed Seer suspiciously. He had learned that he could not trust the psychic. He was a Guardian after all, there had to be a reason why he would offer Eon a chance to finish off his kind. The purple haired cretin had been plotting to take advantage of Team Purity for some time now. He couldn't trust him...of course the offer was almost too good to pass up. "Seer, you have put me in a precarious position. If I aid you, or rather, let you aid me, I have placed myself in your debt as well as furthered your own goals, no doubt. If I don't, Gilgamesh becomes a wild card that could prove detrimental to my plans. You are asking me to choose between two evils." Eon fixed the psychic with a glare. "But, what you don't realize, is that the devil has no need to pick sides." 

As Eon said those words, Espeon released a powerful psychic wave, one intended to cause Seer to stumble. As the cat-like Pokemon released its assault, Richard took the shot. A small smile crept onto his face as the bullet wizzed towards the psychic. He had been waiting for a chance to get revenge. Eon took the moment of distraction to leap over his desk and sprint back into the hallway. He made his way down the corridor, coming to what appeared to be a dead end. Eon pressed his hand against the bare wall and it opened up to reveal a small compartment, holding a Master Ball. 

"Desperate times, call for desperate measures." Eon threw the Master Ball. A bright light illuminated the corridor as the jet-line form of a red Pokemon appeared. The large figure of Latias filled the entire hallway. The Legendary Pokemon's eyes were wide with fright and there were obvious wounds all along its sides. "Lati-" Latias began to speak but before it could finish red electricity crackled across its skin, causing it to cry out in pain. When the crimson lightning disappeared, Latias' eyes began to glow a similar color of red. 

"Latias, get me out of here." The red Eon Pokemon seemed to resist for a moment, but after a second of hesitation it bent its neck to allow Eon to get on. Once he had mounted the Pokemon, Latias fired a powerful Psychic wave at the nearby wall, sending it flying into the lake. Eon and Latias jetted out of the yacht, taking to the air. They would force Seer to face him out in the open, because he doubted that a bullet would be enough to finish him off.

Draco Oliver ~ Detective

"Raikou, Suicune, I say we need to set our differences aside, for now. The world needs the Legendary Beasts again."

"I'm with you, you fiery faced bastard. What about you, lightning bolt?"

Raikou, who hadn't attacked yet, as he just arrived not to long ago, smirked as he let Draco off his back. "I'm game for it, you two. Just don't get in my way, or I will strike you down." the dog of thunder simply said, as he watched Draco take his place with the other Legendary Beast's guardians.

"Quite the party. Hope you don't mind a helping hand." Draco smirked, as he fixed his fedora.

[hr]

Blake Aston ~ Blades of Four Leader

“Leader of the Blades of Four, huh? You are more likely to get your team killed boy. Now focus! We have to give the others support . . .”

Blake stopped as he starred at Anne, his fists clenching even tighter. He looked away and just simply ignored her, as he ran up the stairs even more, Cobalion following behind. The team won't be killed. I've been waiting for this day since Cobalion returned... he thought, as a smirk appeared on his face, as he and Cobalion emerged from the staircase. We...WILL WIN!!!

TTGL OST ~ Ten wo Tsuke

"COBALION! FOCUS BLAST!!!"

Focus Blast was shot from the exit to the staircase, as Cobalion and Blake finally entered the fray. "Sorry we're late."

Kytes's battle theme.

Latios cringed as he felt the energy resonating from ice, he was tempted to try and sooth her, but knew anything he could attempt while in the middle of this chaos would be futile. Closing his eye, the Eon Pokemon began mapping out the battle field using his ability to sense emotion, taking extra care to keep his ally’s updated. “The Pikachu’s about eight meters to the right and Gilgamesh hasn’t moved… But watch out guys, he did something to the first two that attacked them, it’s like he put them to sleep. Oh, and welcome to the party new guys~“

“Got it.” Kytes shouted over the sandstorm, as he picked himself up from the ground, taking only a moment to place his goggles back over his eyes. With his vision no longer obstructed, the orange haired trainer moved next to Celbi’s guardian, releasing a large sigh, before getting into a ready position. “Looks like it’s our show now, huh?” Kytes's voice no longer held any fear, only deadly determination. They were all going to survive this; he would make sure of it. “Well, we can't disappoint can we?Lati, let’s get him.” 

“Attaboy!” Latios’s body became a blur, as he rocketed towards the Pikachu at full speed, using it’s emotions to keep a lock on the electric Pokemon's position. Once the two were only seconds before collision, Latios contacted the Pokémon mentally, broadcasting its voice in booming echo. “Listen up you runt, don’t you EVER even think about hurting Kytes. OR I'LL END YOU!" Latios lowered his head, and a brilliant blue light gathered in front of his forehead. Both his, and Kytes's heartbeats seemed to sync up, as they both yelled the name of the attack.

"ZEN HEADBUTT!"
"ZEN HEADBUTT!"

"Tyranitar, fall back!" Terrakion urged, "Garchomp, go help Krookodile; bring it to Terra! HURRY!!"

Terra was speechless. But while his Guardian was paralyzed from her guilt trip, Terrakion prepared to press the attack on Pikachu until Anne shouted at him, almost hissing in anger, “Terrakion! We have to get your friend back before she kills herself!”

Sighing Terrakion stomped his foot on the ground so that a rock barrier appeared in front of Virizion and her Guardian to stop them from running headlong into the trouble that was King Gilgamesh.

“Celebi! Latios!” the Sun Pokémon continued jumping onto Keldeo’s back, “Keep that Pikachu occupied as best as you can until the other Four Swords can come back you up! Everyone else take out those Unown!”

“TELL METELLMETELLMETELLMETELLME! TELL ME!” Ice began to shout, having seemingly ignored everything that was going on around her as her mind tried to cope with the words that King Gilgamesh had said to her. Whatever he had said had obviously triggered something in the waif-like girl and she was no releasing a massive amount of psychic energy all throughout the room.

“YOU B*STARD! IS HE ALIVE!?”

Unable to control herself Ice curled into a ball and began to float a few inches off the ground, continuingly muttering ‘tell me’ over and over again with her face frozen in a fearful expression. “D*mn it,” Anne thought as she ran over to Cobalion and jumped on his back. She hadn’t the time to deal with the young Guardian’s mental break down right now, nor was she confident enough that she could bring her back to her senses. Deciding to put Ice’s state out of her mind for the moment Anne addressed Blake in a harsh tone, “Leader of the Blades of Four, hu? You are more likely to get your team killed boy. Now focus! We have to give the others support . . .”

Blake clenched his fists even tighter when he heard Anne’s words and for a split second looked away. He ignored her, refusing to speak to her, and just ordered his Legendary Pokémon, “Cobalion! FOCUS BLAST!!!”

The ‘Focus Blast’ flew across the room and impacted against King Gilgamesh’s barrier, dispelling the sandstorm that had been ravaging the room since the very beginning of the fight. As the sand settled all around the Legendary Pokemon, their Guardians, King Gilgamesh and his Pikachu, Blake shouted to the other Swords of Justice, “Sorry we're late!”

“Alright Blake!” Keaden shouted seeing the Leader of the Swords of Justice easily get rid of the massive sandstorm.

“Now we don’t have to worry about accidentally hitting our friends,” Keldeo said happily and readied to turn and begin attacking Pikachu with the other Legendary Pokemon that Anne had suggested occupy the Electric Mouse Pokemon. “That idiot!” Anne thought to herself the moment Blake dispelled the sandstorm, knowing full well that now Ice was an easy target for King Gilgamesh to strike at.

“Cresselia!” Keaden shouted having just been told what could happen now that the sandstorm was out of the way, grabbing Keldeo’s mane and turning him around so they could run over to the Lunar Pokemon. Standing beside Cresselia, who had been firing Ice Beams and Psychic attacks at the Unowns, Keaden spoke quickly to not waste time, “You need to make snap Ice out of whatever’s wrong with her! If you don’t King Gilgamesh might, no, will try to kill her!”

“We’ll guard you two while you try and bring her back to normal,” Keldeo said with a nod, his heart racing, “We won’t let anything get close to you. I promise!”

[hr]

“Your plan is to kill all of the Legendary Pokémon . . . and I myself, am a Guardian of a Legendary Pokémon . . . but once N.N. is finished destroying the Legendary Pokémon you cannot say you know for sure if he will move on to your Team Purity. So in the position I currently find myself in I ask for your assistance. I can get as many of your men into N.N.’s fortress with their Pokémon, Legendary or not, so that you may have the privilege of taking the false king’s head yourself . . .”

“Wouldn’t it be wonderful P.R. to have Team Purity be the saviors of Archanium, while the Legendary Pokémon fall one by one in their vain attempt to stop him?” Seer said then tilted his head down a bit, his purple eyes glowing underneath the hood, “And what’s more . . . you may choose when to send your troops in; either when there are little Legendary Pokémon left or they have all been killed.”

Eon had listened to Seer's words and couldn’t deny he had a point, yet he had learned already not to trust the psychic trainer. The Leader of Team Purity coughed to clear his throat before he spoke, “Seer, you have put me in a precarious position. If I aid you, or rather, let you aid me, I have placed myself in your debt as well as furthered your own goals, no doubt. If I don't, Gilgamesh becomes a wild card that could prove detrimental to my plans. You are asking me to choose between two evils . . .”

“The enemy of my enemy is my friend,” Seer said with a smirk, believing that he had convinced the man in front of him to agree to his plan. However, the words Eon said next even caused the psychic trainer’s eyes to grow wide with disbelief, “But what you don't realize is that the devil has no need to pick sides . . .” 

Eon’ Espeon unleashed the strongest Psychic attack it could manage, intending to cause Seer to stumble but somehow managing to succeed in actually throwing the psychic trainer back against the wall; of course, this was because Seer had been too stunned by Eon’s choice to put up even the slightest resistance.

Then . . .

Then there was a gunshot from Richard, who had been eyeing Seer through the scope of his sniper rifle the entire time.

And Seer fell to the ground.

A small smile crept onto Eon’s his face as the bullet seemed to take down the psychic torn in his side. Eon hadn’t taken the time to stick around and confirm if his enemy was deceased or not, choosing once more the more foolish route of running when he had the chance. He had leaped over his desk, sprinted back into the hallway, and out into the open air after he had grabbed a stashed away Master Ball.

“I’ll force him to face me out in the open,” Eon had thought riding Latias, whom he had control over its will.

“E~EON!!!” a shout came from above. Eon’s head just barely managed to look up, and the Leader of Team Purity’s eyes grew wide with shock.

Seer, a small cut on the side of his face, had somehow managed to get above them in the middle of the open air and was bearing down on him with a ball of pure psychic energy in one hand cocked back. The psychic shield of Latias was nothing compared to Seer’s attack, shattering upon impact, and the full force of Seer’s attack sent both of them spiraling to the ground at an the kinds of speeds that kill on impact.

Luckily, or unluckily, Eon was not to be given such an easy death this day. Latias had managed to regain consciousness before they impacted the hard ground swiftly approaching them and just moments before crashing into the concrete outside the arena used her psychic abilities to throw Eon into an abandoned cart.

The Legendary Pokemon crashed headfirst into the concrete and was dealt a significant blow, blood spurting out of her head and one of her arms seemed to be broken, but she was able to struggle and get back up. Eon on the other hand, thanks to Latias’ actions, had survived the attack with only a few broken ribs from Seer’s attack and splinters from the broken wooden boards he was now throwing off of him.

“B*stard!” Eon shouted hurling the last wooden board off of him and stood up seeing that Seer was standing just a few feet away from him with a stone cold glare.

“Be silent!” Seer said, his voice a mixture of pure rage and bloodlust, and raised his hand at Eon. Eon froze in place, his own voice being stolen from him, and struggled against the force that was bearing down on him. Seer twisted his hand and Eon’s arms twisted in an unnatural way so they locked behind his back.

“One such as you has no right to speak,” Seer said and lowered his hand so that Eon was forced to drop to his knees, his arms still locked behind his back. Eon was at Seer’s mercy, the psychic trainer’s powers easily overwhelming the Leader of Team Purity.

After all, leader or not, he was still a normal man . . .

That is where you belong, blasphemer!” Seer said and glanced over to Latias who shook in fear from the cold, almost evil aura that danced off of Seer as he held her abuser with such force. The impact had freed her from Eon’s control, given her will back to her, and for that she was grateful; but, at the same time, she did not want to see Eon be killed.

Latias was a kind and forgiving soul like that.

“You, who claim it is your goal to eradicate all Legendary Pokémon have the audacity to ride one, to command her like it was a weapon! To abuse her and steal her will from her!” Seer’s eyes turned purple and his air began to float around him, the ground cracking from the psychic power he was unleashing, “This cannot stand! I will NOT allow this to pass by unpunished! But . . . I am not without honor . . .”

At that Seer flicked his right index finger up and Eon’s Pokéball were extracted from his belt and all but his most loyal Pokémon were released from their confinement. There was confusion, of course, at first when they were greeted with the sight of Eon pinned to his knees and the hands that abused them so often bound behind his back. None knew what to do, what to think, without Eon telling them. It seemed at first they were going to come to Eon’s defense, as the fur on Jolteon’s back became barbed, but each Eevelution stopped when Seer spoke, “I am not your enemy . . .”

“I have delved into your past after just a glimpse of your so called ‘master’s’ mind,” Seer said and strangely it seemed as if the psychic trainer’s voice became filled with sadness, “I have seen how he has abused you and mistreated you. How he has used his fists against you without reason and how it has nearly made you lose yourself in anger . . . Now! I give you the chance for revenge! Free yourself from your oppressor!!!”

Flareon stepped forward and readied to send a blast of fire at Seer, her fear of Eon still controlling her motions though he was bound and muted.

Then a tiny memory sparked in the mind of the Flame Pokemon. She remembered being young, having just been forced to evolve against her will, and training under Eon to improve her newly acquired Fire Blast. She had spent hours shooting a metal wall with the fire, making it hotter each time, yet it was never good enough for Eon. Each time she failed in her master’s eyes the crack of a whip drew blood from her exhausted body.

The memory fading Flareon turned to face Eon and waves of heat drifted off her body as she began to charge her Fire Blast to the hottest it could go.

Now Eon would see if her Fire Blast was hot enough . . .

The Flame Pokemon unleashed the torrent of fire on her former master, burning him and reveling in his silent screams of pain. Then Vaporeon stepped forward and doused the flames with Water Pulse, saving Eon from burning alive. Eon’s skin bubbling and smoldering from the intense heat now fully exposed, Vaporeon took a step back for Jolteon to have his turn on dealing out the pent up frustration he had for his former master.

Around and around the Eevelutions tortured Eon, never injuring him enough that he would die and using Jolteon’s electricity to keep his nerves alive and well so he could continue feeling the pain they inflicted on him.

“Enough! Please stop!” Latias cried having seen enough, the Leader of Team Purity left unrecognizable from the torture he had endured. The Legendary Pokemon flew between the Eevelutions and their former Master, arms spread wide to shield him from their deserving wrath. Tears in her eyes the Eon Pokemon looked over at Seer, who had stepped back to let Eon’s former Pokemon have their revenge, but remained close enough to keep Eon from moving an inch the entire time, “Please tell them to stop! They’re killing him!!!”

“Then why did you not step in sooner?” Seer said bluntly and Latias almost gasped at the notion. She had sat back and watched Eon’s Pokemon torture him. Why? She knew it was wrong, that they were seriously hurting him, yet even knowing that she had still done nothing to prevent further harm sooner. Tears streamed down Latias’ face as she tried to convince herself, “I-I was just too shocked to move . . . I didn’t want to see him hurt.” Seer stepped forward and lifted the young Legendary Pokemon’s chin so she looked at him, his face glowing from the light of the Eevelution’s attacks as they continued to torment their tormenter, “It’s nothing to be ashamed about Latias. You let him be hurt because he hurt you; it’s normal of anyone human or Pokémon.”

“But!”

“This man doesn’t deserve to continue on living,” Seer said and pulled Latias’ face back to look at him when she looked over at Eon writhing in pain, “If he were to be let go, right now, do you think he would change his ways? Would he forgive his Pokemon for their rightful actions against him? Drop his vendetta against the Legendary Pokemon?”

“Maybe if-”

“He will kill and kill and kill again,” Seer interrupted and took a step back, “More will fall to Team Purity like your brother and the others before him.”

“No . . .” Latias muttered, almost so low she couldn’t be heard. Her brother . . . dead. Dead. Dead by Eon’s hands! All reasoning left the second Eon Pokemon as rage took hold. Rage and anger and sadness over the revelation that Latios had been killed. Her brother. “MY BROTHER!!!”

“YOU KILLED MY BROTHER!!!” Latias screamed and unleashed the most powerful ‘Mist Ball’ she had ever produced.

And with the signature attack of the Legendary Pokemon Eon himself had used, the Leader of Team Purity was brought to an end.

Panting Latias nearly fell to the ground but stopped, being supported by Seer and levitated the Master Ball to his hand, “You need rest . . . we will have much to do now that you are free.”

“Yeah . . . free . . .” Latias said blissfully and disappeared into the Master Ball. Putting the Legendary Pokemon’s Master Ball away Seer turned his attention to the remaining Eevelutions who seemed more confused on what to do now than anything else. The psychic trainer wrapped his cloak around him and spoke to all of them at once, “My friends! You are free now! You may live as you so choose, but I ask you to set aside personal wants for now and join me . . . there is still much to do to prevent someone else from assuming your late master’s throne.”

Each Eevelution looked to each other and then nodded to Seer, the man who had helped free them from Eon’s abusive hold. Returning to their Pokeballs to rest Seer strapped the newly acquired Eevelutions to his belt and took Eevee’s Pokeball, who had been sealed away from the psychic pressure Seer had used to keep Eon under his control.

Eevee was fiercely loyal to Eon. Even in death Seer was certain Eevee would follow his master’s ambitions.

Seer had no need for a Pokemon who would foolishly follow a dead man’s desires.

And so, Seer shattered Eevee’s Pokeball to ensure the Evolution Pokemon could never interfere again.

“You’ve done good,” a voice commended Seer as he walked away.

“Now what do we do?” Kazam’s voice called from his spot somewhere on the island. Seer stopped and looked skyward, chuckling as he responded, “Latias has a peculiar ability to change her appearance into anyone she has laid eyes on before . . .”

Seer could almost see the smirk on the old Psi Pokemon’s mustached face as the plan dawned on him.

No one would discover Eon’s death. How can you tell if someone is dead if there is no corpse?

And Seer knew Eon would appear again . . . after all . . . he was the one who was going to make it happen.

With a little help from a new “friend” . . .

Archived