[PKMN]Tournament of Legends [PG-13/Started/Always Accepting]

Ren✧

Elias heard Eon, bent over the control pads of each tube, shaking with rage. 

"Master Eon, tis a pleasure," Moira said fluidly standing up, not controlled by any of emotion the doctor was, "I am sorry-"

"Shut up you insufferable..." Elias whirled on Moira, his vision red, the doctor was so filled with rage that he could not even bring himself to finish the sentence. How could he have failed!? He had done every damn thing right yet looking at the monitors... the unidentifiable masses in the tubes. All flat, no life readings at all! "Gah!" Elias brought his fist down on the monitor with surprising force, cracking it. He had created the most powerful psychic weapons in the world, yet he could not accomplish this simple task... impossible he was a mortal god among men! 

"Your are missing something obviously," Moira said amused at how to doctor became lost his own emotion, she wondered if Eon found it funny to. She knew he had not favour for the man, which was why his rank was so pitifully low, but she also found it funny how both were so alike as well. Each was ruled by each their rage, fueled by their own delusional fantasies that they could better the world. Moira had no doubt in her mind that what she was doing was wrong, she did not place a flimsy cover of "selflessness" to cover her misdeeds. Everything she did was for her own selfish gain. "You need the power of gods, or without that maybe a Legendary Pokemon, but you already know that."

"Of course I did!" Elias turned away from the failures, "as the woman said I am missing materials, do I have your permission to take my leave and fetch them Master Eon?" 

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"...do I have your permission to take my leave and fetch them Master Eon?" Eon stared coldly at the doctor. What a simple task he had been asked to do and he couldn't even accomplish that. Pathetic. And now he had the audacity to ask for a Legendary Pokemon? What an infuriating little man. He was about to decline the doctor's request, but there was something in Moira's eyes that told him that Elias actually did the power of a Legendary Pokemon. "Just be quick about it." Eon said sternly. He gave a curt nod to Moira before leaving the room. 

Noticing that the Doctor had not yet left the room, Eon let out an exasperated sigh. Throwing the door back open, Eon yelled at the doctor. "GO! NOW!"

A powerful bolt of lightning unlike any other suddenly appeared out of nowhere, accompanied by a flash that temporarily blinded everyone while sending a huge boom of sound across the castle, startling the hundreds of trainers gathered around its courtyard. Its intensity had been such that no ordinary Pokemon should have ever been capable of such imitate it no matter how hard they strengthened their Thunder techniques. It had been an act equivalent to a Legendary. Only moments afterwards, the air grew thicker and clouds began to materialize and swirl around in the sky.

As the people present turned to face its source, it appeared to have come from a nearby building. There was a large hole formed on its rooftop, but more importantly, a teenage male was running amongst the rooftops.

The Golden King ~ Ougon no Ou 黄金の王

Aiden stared at the gap before him, horrified. He'd only narrow managed to avoid it, and that was by luck. The hole in the roof he stood upon was a few meters in length, the edges still hot from the blast, and he would've been killed by it had he been any closer. The Thunder technique had managed to pierce through all those floors, yet it still managed to retain such power. Spontaneously, he yelled "WHAT THE HECK?!?" into the hole, his voice echoing lower through the hole until it reached the bottom floor.

Don't waste your breath, boy! Keep running until you reach the highest point, and I'll take it from there. Until then, just RUN.

Even though he knew that this was very dangerous, it still frustrated him that his best friend wasn't bothering to explain anything about the current situation, or who their mysteriously destructive pursuer was. Nodding in agreement, his feet broke off into a sprint, getting as far away from the gap as possible while heading towards the highest tower of the castle. It wasn't far away now, and the last Pokemon in his arsenal should be able to boost him.

"Come on out, Pidgeot! FLY! TO THE HIGHEST POINT!" He yelled out, revealing a sixth Pokeball in his hand. The other five had been scattered about the building, and no doubt their respective creatures had been defeated in battle. He hoped that they were alright, but now wasn't the time to think about that.

In a flash of red light, a medium-sized brown bird materialized, confused about why its master was so agitated, but obeyed. He jumped onto it, letting it take him up into the air as it headed for the tall tower on top of the castle. They flew high above the stunned audience below, who were probably still confused about what was currently happening. Maybe they thought that this was just some kind of show - but he didn't shout out to them, since Aiden had been told not to waste his breath. A purple light began to trail them from behind, and it was quickly followed by several others from all directions. As they approached, he realized that they were all Unowns.

As he found this out, an uncountable amount of Unowns started firing barrages of purple Hidden Power beams. Pidgeot managed to barely avoid most of them through its superior speed, but the sky had become filled with laser beams by then. Some of the strays ended up continuing downwards, wrecking the courtyard and possibly injuring some of the trainers. Despite its superior abilities, the bird was forced to endure the beams it couldn't dodge, absorbing them in place of its master, and took more and more damage as they flew through the sky. Glancing behind his shoulder, Aiden saw a huge ball of electricity being charged and realized the danger.

Just a little closer...!

Holding out his Pidgeot's Pokeball as they approached the tower, he jumped off and sent a red beam of energy at the Pokemon, returning it right as another lightning bolt sheared through the Unowns without mercy and zoomed past the area where the Pideot once was. Another flash, and an even larger boom of sound followed as it continued up into the sky.

Aiden gasped out as he hit a surface, but he knew it wasn't any time to rest. Quickly getting up, he saw that he had managed to successfully reach the highest tower, which portruded from the castle and positioned him in a place where everyone on all sides of the castle could see him. He also saw that more and more Unowns were coming out of nowhere, beginning to fill the skies above the courtyard but otherwise doing nothing. From up here, he couldn't help but note how hot it was being directly in front of the shining sun above without any cover.

For some reason, he thought it was over, but yelped out as he glanced around his shoulder to see a person there.

It was a golden-haired boy with radiating skin and golden eyes to match, wearing royal dark clothing, a thick, wool cape, and a pitch-black crown on his head that looked as if it had been forged from magma. He had a rather amused look on his face, as if he'd expected all of this to happen, but he noticeably wasn't looking at the trainer himself. Rather, his gaze was turned to the Pokeball that was now in Aiden's right hand.

NOW?! Aiden asked panickedly.

Now.

An intense orange beam of energy was unleashed, instantaneously taking a gigantic birdlike shape before materializing into an legendary form that would be very familiar to everyone down in the courtyard. With flame-colored plumage, dazzling wings and an elaborate head crest that were wholly covered in blazes, and a brilliant flash of fire every time it flapped its wings, this was undoubtedly one of the three legendary birds that had once resided within Kanto. The one of flames, that was so powerful that its fire dust could bring early springs to wintery islands.

Moltres.

"I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT YOU WOULD TAKE THIS PATH, FOOLISH WISHED CREATION." The voice of Moltres screamed out in a flamboyant, yet heavy tone that was so loud that all could hear his voice. "DO NOT THINK ME IGNORANT. I HEARD FROM HO-OH HOW YOU CHANGED AND ASSAULTED THE DOGS. IT WAS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME UNTIL YOU RESURFACED. WE WERE WRONG TO EVER LET YOU EXIST IN THE FIRST PLACE!"

"My, my." The 'wished creation' remarked. A seemingly-harmless Pikachu lay perched on his shoulder, looking extremely excited as it watched the flaming bird. "Resurfaced? That implies I spent the past few centuries in inactivity." He chuckled at this thought. "However, I'm afraid that I have a duty to do. So, Moltres, I will have to-"

"---DEFEAT ME? ME, THE LORD OF FLAMES, AS I TAKE FLIGHT BEFORE THE ULTIMATE SOURCE OF POWER?!"

As if to demonstrate, the flames of Moltres then began to thicken. In the light of the shining sun, his fires began to spread all throughout his plumage until he had become a phoenix with blazing flames that covered his entire body. Now, he looked less like a mere Legendary, and more like an actual god of flames. It looked as if the bird was at full power.

The immortal boy didn't respond, his face an expressionless one.

"AND NOW WITH THE SUN, I SHALL DEMONSTRATE TO YOU THE ULTIMATE PINNACLE OF MY STRENGTH, SHOW YOU HOW FOOLISH IT IS TO ATTEMPT DEFYING US GODS, AND YOU SHALL BE INCINERATED UNTIL NOT EVEN A SPECK OF YOUR ASHES ARE LEFT! THE LIFELINE OF YOUR IMMORTALITY SHALL BE BURNED AWAY, YOUR SOUL CEASING TO EXIST, AND YOU SHALL ULTIMATELY PERISH IN MY FLAMES-"

"Urlugal, destroy the human."

Moltres's proud declarations were cut short by a simple, cold order. Aiden, who up until that point had been frozen in fear, suddenly realized what this meant. But he had no time to react as the Pikachu on the immortal's shoulder responded immediately, sending a pre-charged lightning bolt at him with more than enough power to tear through his body. Even though it took place within a split second, it felt like a long time as the fiery bird reacted without thinking, diving down. The earth stood still.

An instant later, a third and final boom echoed throughout the courtyard as the Legendary Bird of Flames absorbed the entire attack that had been meant for Aiden, and slid across the tower's surface before fell into the courtyard. While falling, all the flames disappeared, and as its gigantic body crashed into the courtyard below, it revealed a huge, static hole in the once-magnificant Moltres's chest.

Now, it looked nothing more than the disheveled body of a gigantic yellow bird.

Nothing like a god of flames at all.

Yuki Kajiura - Fate To Zero

The Legendary was dead, and would never come back. It would not rise from its ashes, and none would come to replace it anytime soon. With its absence, the delicate balance shall be thrown into chaos, and the autumns of Zapdos and the winters of Articuno shall eventually overcome spring and summer. With it dead, the world would change.

And all this, for a simpleton trainer. Such was the danger of getting too attached.

Aiden's mental state of mind quickly broke down after this, and he found that he couldn't move even though Moltres had died for him of all people. He was supposed to be the Guardian, the one who protected the Legendary. Not the other way around. It was supposed to be him to die, yet Moltres had sacrificed his own eternal life for... for what? As he thought this amongst other chaotic thoughts, the golden-haired boy grasped his neck before throwing him out into the courtyard, effectively disposing of him. It seemed as though he didn't care whether Aiden died crashing into the ground or was saved by some other trainer.

[hr]

As the Unowns continued to swarm the sky, they focused their powers together into granting the desire of the golden-haired boy. Slowly but surely, a large crystalline temple of Uruk began to materialize above the courtyard, floating on its own. And N.N, triumphantly standing at the pinnacle of the highest point, observed his subjects. As he did, it looked as if several trainers had been angered by his actions and brought out Pokemon to attack him - however, all these attacks were blocked by an invisible psychic barrier.

Then, standing by the edge of the tower, N.N opened his mouth and announced in a powerful voice that echoed throughout the entire castle area,

"Participants of the Tournament of Legends! By the grand authority of I, KING GILGAMESH, I shall make an announcement!"

A wide, insane grin formed on the golden king's face.

"You cannot hide from me. I know you are all out there - Keldeo! Virizion! Terrakion! Entei! Suicine! Raikou! Zapdos! Cresselia! Darkrai! Shaymin! Celebi! Latios! Regigigas! I have dedicated the past eighteen hours into tracing each and every one of you down on this island and confirming your locations, utilizing remnants of Arceus's energy to accomplish thus. I know the identities of all your Guardians."

Five Unowns distinguished themselves from the swarm in the sky and flew towards the immortal, circling around him as they began to generate a Teleport and transport him away.

"Enter my temple, and face me in a direct duel to the death. Should any of you not appear, I shall publicly release all information on your Guardian for the usage of Team Purity, and both you and the human shall be mercilessly tracked down by them for the rest of your pitiful lives. And with a single order, I can have this army of Unowns decimate every other participant that dared come here on this day. Which choice would you prefer, oh thou gods?"

Once he was finished, King Gilgamesh erupted into a maniacal fit of laughter that continued to consume the next few moments until he finally disappeared in a flash of light.

Above the courtyard, his crystal temple of Uruk floated, maintained by the swarm of Unowns that seemed to be pretty complacent doing nothing but observing the humans in bemusement.Within, the king himself sat upon a throne as he waited for his first challengers to arrive, fully confident in his own victory. This way, he could exterminate all the Legendaries without putting in any effort at all. It felt right to finally be recognized as king once more - and once this was all over, the world would be a much better off place.

King Aurelius was drawn to his balcony as a blast of light and heat ripped through the air. Knowing that that power could only come from a Legendary Pokemon, his attention was immediately peaked. It was only strengthened when Absol let out a horrendous howl. That only meant one thing. Tragedy. One of which the world hadn't seen since The Merge. 

"Already?" Aurelius asked himself. He knew the final battle would be coming, but he did not expect it to be this soon. He had been assured that they would be spared until the very last possible moment. But now, it seemed like that was no longer an option. Now on the balcony, the King watched as Moltres revealed its true power, completely engulfing itself in flames. The sky was painted black by the mass amounts of Unowns, but Moltres was as bright as the sun, casting its magnificent light on the people below.

"AND NOW WITH THE SUN, I SHALL DEMONSTRATE TO YOU THE ULTIMATE PINNACLE OF MY STRENGTH, SHOW YOU HOW FOOLISH IT IS TO ATTEMPT DEFYING US GODS, AND YOU SHALL BE INCINERATED UNTIL NOT EVEN A SPECK OF YOUR ASHES ARE LEFT! THE LIFELINE OF YOUR IMMORTALITY SHALL BE BURNED AWAY, YOUR SOUL CEASING TO EXIST, AND YOU SHALL ULTIMATELY PERISH IN MY FLAMES-"

When Moltres' tirade was cut short, Aurelius knew that something had gone wrong. His suspicions were only confirmed when the brilliant bolt of lightning streaked towards the small figure that stood beside Moltres. There was only one outcome and Aurelius knew what it would be. A Legendary couldn't let their Guardian die any more than a Guardian could let their Legendary die. 

The fire god fell from the sky. Its fires slowly being quenched by the waters of death. The light and heat that had permeated throughout the air disappeared. There was no mistaking it. Moltres, lord of the sun had been killed. Despite the glorious, yet horrendous, display that he had just witnessed, Aurelius was even more dumbfounded by the following spectacle. 

A massive castle appeared in the sky. Aurelius could only stare on. Never before had he seen such control of the Unown been demonstrated. This new enemy, this supposed new King was truly a force to be reckoned with. 

Without missing a beat, the King turned on his heels. His regal cloak whipping about in his quick exit. Where was Ayame? He looked about for his assistant, but he quickly was reminded of the fact that he had sent her to the castle's lower floors to finalize the match ups for the day. It would be awhile before she made her way up here again. No matter. He could handle this on his own.

Taking out a cell phone, he dialed a number and impatiently waited for someone to pick up. "Sir?" The voice on the other end spoke. "There is no time for delay. Get the Magnezone out on patrol. The crowd needs to be continued and protected. Get everyone to shelter. And most importantly, get those Guardians to me." Slamming his cell phone shut, Aurelius made his way to the PA system.

"Ladies and gentlemen. Please keep call. Make your way to the nearest public building. Do not panic. The situation is being handled. Officers will tend to what you need shortly. 

Guardians. This message goes out to you. We need you. It is time for you to fulfill your duties. Report to the castle immediately. Archanum needs you. Totus needs you."

The King could only hope that his message got to the ears of all those that needed to hear it. He had waited too long, and now his people could be suffering because of it. This is not the time.The powerful voice spoke in his mind. Relief spread through his veins. This was not meant to be the final battle. Still, if they couldn't defeat the black crowned maniac, it could very well be.

Blake Aston - Leader of the Blades of Four

As Blake was about to follow Kaeden...the speech from N.N had then been made.

HIM!! HIM!!

Blake and Cobalion watched as N.N, no...King Gilgamesh, finished his speech. He was calling the Legendaries and their Guardians out. His fists began to clench as he saw the so called King disappear in light.

You know its a trap, don't you Blake? Cobalion asked, his Guardian.

The Iron Will's Guardian simply nodded, tightening his fingerless gloves a bit, smirking widely. "Yeah I do. But...I'm your Guardian, Cobalion. And as such...I'm supposed to lead the Blades of Four, as you lead the Swords of Justice. I'm going in there, kick his ass, and make sure the other Legendaries will be safe."

No way I can convince you otherwise?

"You can try...but you know me...hard headed!" Blake chuckled, as he walked past Kaeden, placing his hand on his shoulder. "You don't have to fight if you don't want to. I'm not wanting to put you in harms way again."

[hr]

Draco Oliver - Detective

He was silent, as he saw the Dog of Thunder standing before him, as he saw Ace try and be defensive.

"Down Ace! Don't attack..." Draco quickly commanded, as he rubbed the Arcanine's head. "Raikou...it is an honor to meet you face to face. As for the reason...I've come here to find the members of Purity. I had intel from an apprehended Team Purity member, saying that they would be striking...the Legendaries being their targets." he stopped, and stepped forward towards Raikou. "I've come to lend my services. The name is Draco Oliver..."

[hr]

Richard Samson & Aya Minatoshi - Team Purity

"So I see he's finally made his move..." Richard said, simply observing Gilgamesh's speech. "Seems operations have been pushed up then, wouldn't you agree Aya?"

Aya simply nodded, as she walked away for a moment, pulling her cellphone out, beginning to text. Draco! Get your ass moving! We have a huge development going on right now in the courtyard...I'm afraid its going to be worse than we originally thought! - Aya

Daniel Tyrone - Trainer

Daniel had never been very interactive with the other participants of the tournament other than Kytes, so he was unsure of how everyone else acted. Having finished eating with Kytes, going to the hotel and resting he went to where the next section of the tournament was supposed to be held. That's when IT happened. A bright flash and heat wave stunned Daniel. He fell onto the ground and heard panic ensue. "Shit." He exclaimed in pain. Everyone was called to the public buildings, but then a noise came through the turmoil. "Guardians. This message goes out to you. We need you. It is time for you to fulfill your duties. Report to the castle immediately. Archanum needs you. Totus needs you."

Picking up his feet, Daniel ran quickly to the castle. What ever was going on, he planned to help stop it.

[hr]

Xander Tyrone - Pokemon Researcher

The lights were blinding as the Pokemon Researcher awoke. Tied to a metal chair he pulled his head off of the table ahead of him. The room felt remotely like an interrogation room. He groaned as he tried to pull his hands free of the cuffs. All efforts were useless. "Hello?" He called, knowing no one would answer.

Daniel would be looking for him, he knew that. Where ever Purity was hiding him, Daniel would find it.

[hr]

Zapdos - God of Thunder

Pain reeled through him. His brother had fallen. It was almost as if a piece of him was missing. And there wasn't a damned thing he could do to save him. He called out to Articuno, "Help me... Help me redeem his death."

Zapdos traveled with his Guardian. Waiting for his chance to enact revenge.

Raikou tilted his head, feeling a sudden rush of power. Then the skies darkened. For a moment, Raikou thought that it had spontaneously become night. It wasn't until he felt the power of Moltres and feel the rush of heat did begin to understand what is going on. "Save your honor and crap for later. We are missing quite the show." Leaping towards the human, Raikou maneuvered himself so that he would scoop up Draco, placing him on his back. He had no doubt that the Arcanine, the one that the trainer called Ace, would follow in suit. 

Leaping over fallen logs and dashing through streams, Raikou quickly burst out of the forested area of Archanum and into the city. People were cluttered in the streets, but they quickly moved aside as they saw the mighty Raikou charging towards them. No doubt they felt sorry for the obviously surprised, and probably terrified trainer on his back. Finally reaching the courtyard, Raikou caught sight of the spectacle, just as Moltres began to fall. Having seen the Unowns, Raikou knew had caused such a tragedy before he started speaking. 

N.N., or rather Gilgamesh, had made his move. "You bloody coward!" Raikou howled at the floating castle. "Come down and face us on the ground!" It was of no use, and Raikou knew that, but anguish flooded his heart. The death of a Legendary was one to be mourned. It was then that he noticed the form of a falling human. For a moment he hoped that it was Gilgamesh, that the fool had accidentally killed himself, but no...it couldn't be him. That meant that someone else was in danger. A dangerous look entered Raikou's eye. There would only be two deaths today. Moltres and Gilgamesh. No more.

With Draco still on his back, Raikou lept into the air, clearing the heads of the fellow spectators and landing in an open space so that he could dash towards the falling form. Leaping into the air, Raikou positioned himself so that Draco could catch the falling person.

[hr]

Serena couldn't believe what she was hearing. Someone actually had the balls to challenge her and Entei. Props to that, but it didn't make up for the fact that there was now a giant yellow bird lying dead in the courtyard. Already groups of officers were rushing about, delivering medical treatment to anyone that had been hurt as well as ushering people away from the scene. "We can't get caught up in that." Clement said from his wheelchair, meaning the police force and the throngs of panicked people. If they got caught up in that torrent, they would never be able to escape. Serena nodded. 

"Go! Electrode!" Appearing in a flash of white light, a small orb-like Pokemon appeared. Its characteristics greatly resembled the Pokeball it had appeared out of. "Electrode, use Magnet Rise." Understanding dawned on Electrode and the small explosive Pokemon closed its eyes in concentration. Soon enough, a powerful magnetic field could be felt around. It acted upon the wheelchair, lifting Clement in the air. Serena hopped on top of the floating Electrode. "Let's get to the castle so we can stop that damned bastard." She cried, as Electrode hovered over the rushing people, pulling Clement in his wheelchair behind them.

[hr]

Rook had been one of the outraged trainers that had ordered his Pokemon to attack the castle in the sky. Five powerful Stone Edges littered the air as he commanded his Pokemon to attack. If he had been thinking clearly, he may have taken the opportunity to realize that too many of his Pokemon knew that specific move, but there were other things to worry about. After watching the attacks harmlessly bounce off the barrier, he decided that it was best to follow the King's, the real King's, request. 

Heading towards the castle, he returned each of his Pokemon one by one. He does not know about you. There is no use endangering your own and my safety. Dialga said, speaking to the trainer. You would have me abandon the others? The only way we are going to win is if we come together. 

As Rook sifted through the crowd, he caught sight of Silver. "Thank Arceus I found you. Come on. We have people to help."

Steve:
Hiding within the bushes, somewhere near the courtyard, Steve waited to make his move. Putting yesterday behind him, he looked to his weapons pondering if they were going to be enough, but he still hated the fact that Silver's Feraligatr had destroyed his primary weapons though. As soon as the crystal temple descended into view, the look on Steve's face had grew more serious, he started to get an adrenaline rush as he wanted to get in on the impending battles hoping that it would be redemption for past failures. Then N.N. made his announcement to the legendaries.

~ ~ ~

"Hmph, so that N.N... I mean King Gilgamesh guy has finally made his move huh?" Steve thought as he clenched his fists, whilst he waited for his reinforcements. The reinforcements he had called for the night before were the same guys he acted undercover with during the battle at Ilex Forest many years ago. "However, what he doesn't know is that I have already sent out the info on Celebi's guardian to my R&D colleague atTeam Purity." He smirked just as the revs from a bunch of bikes could be heard.

"So you finally got here then Johnson." He said as the lead biker got off and took off his helmet.
"It certainly has been a while, huh Steve Karachi?" Johnson replied looking at Steve's uniform. "I'm liking the threads as well. I'm guessing you're a part of that Team Purity that I have been hearing about then."

Steve nodded as he got out his Cell phone and loaded a photo of Celebi's guardian. "This is our target, I'm sure you remember him."
"From the battle in Ilex Forest, we remember. We still carry the scars from that defeat, right guys?" Johnson said as the rest of the Bridge Bike thugs nodded with a somewhat angry look on their faces.
"But know this Johnson, I am your superior and you will report to me. Think of it as role reversal."

Alex:
"Ladies and gentlemen. Please keep calm. Make your way to the nearest public building. Do not panic. The situation is being handled. Officers will tend to what you need shortly." Hearing the King's announcement and looking towards the crystal temple up above, Alex sighed before walking towards the nearest public building, guided by officers that would soon be on the scene. "That guy is totally insane." He thought to himself. "None of those legendaries in their right mind would go up and fight that King whatever-his-name-is." Giving one last look at the object in the sky, Alex shook his head.

Silver:
As the crystal temple materialised itself above the courtyard, Silver was taken aback. The appearance of such a behemoth had presented an additional problem to him and using his aura to see briefly into the future and what he saw angered him. Soon enough, N.N. came up and made an announcement. Somehow he knew that Silver was in possession of Celebi, but that wans't helped by that fact that he was carrying it with him on his way to the pokemon center when he encountered Seer.

"It's HIM!"

Silver watched in anger as N.N, no King Gilgamesh finished his speech. No doubt Celebi wasn't happy to see him either. Gilgamesh had posed an ultimatum, calling out the legendaries and their guardians and Silver refused to let this happen one bit.

"Master, what should we do?" Celebi asked frantically, worried about his guardian.

"Don't worry Celebi. All we have to do is remain calm." He replied thinking that Gilgamesh's ultimatum was merely a trap. "Besides, I promised that I would protect you, and I intend to keep that promise."

Celebi became more worried for Silver's safety after his refusal to let Celebi get hurt. "But what about King Gilgamesh's threat?"
"You let me worry about that, but for now-..."

Whilst they were in mid-conversation, the King's announcement made its way to the PA system. "Guardians. This message goes out to you. We need you. It is time for you to fulfill your duties. Report to the castle immediately. Archanum needs you. Totus needs you."

"For now, we have more important things to worry about." Silver said finishing his previous sentence and with that, he sent out Salamence and mounted him. "Okay Salamence, let's go!"

“Alright then let’s go get Terra and Rivere now!” Keaden said overexcited to meet the other Swords of Justice. Even Keldeo broke loose and grew excited from the prospect of seeing Terra and Rivere again, his smile grinning from ear to ear.

Yet before they could move a powerful bolt of lightning suddenly appeared out of nowhere followed by a huge boom across the castle, knocking Anne off of Keldeo’s back as he stumbled to keep his footing. As the shockwave disappeared the air grew thick with dark clouds and began to swirl around in the sky.

[hr]

"I think you might want to rethink your plan old man," Gallade said as he appeared from his Pokéball, Seer managing to stand. The Blade Pokémon raised his hands to shift into a defensive position, "You know as well as I your attacks won't do sh*t against a dark-type, but I'm part fighting . . . so we might as well be on equal terms here."

"Get going Kazam," Seer mumbled as he drifted in and out of consciousness. With a knowing nod Kazam lifted Seer over his shoulders, tossed Gallade the his massive spoon, and made a break for it to escape as the other Pokémon unleashed a Psycho Cut to push the human back,  but the blow never landed. Instead Grey stepped to the side and easily downed Gallade with a Shadow Force. The dome was inescapable making the only way for Seer to get out was to kill Gray.

Kazam raced through the endless shadows with Seer over his shoulders, breathing heavily and almost losing his footing. When he finally lost his control Kazam fell face first into the cobblestone flooring and Seer landed beside him, unconscious. As the Psi Pokémon struggled to push himself back up Grey appeared from the shadows and looked down at the both of them, “You cannot escape . . . this is my realm!”

“You fool!” Kazam coughed out getting to his knees, “You have no idea the power you’re dealing with!”

Whatever threats Kazam threw at Grey the trainer ignored, raising his hands above his head and pulled a dark energy into his palms. “Young Master,” Kazam thought as Grey slammed his hands down on the ground to unleash a Dark Pulse, “Forgive me . . .” As the blast raced towards Kazam it was shot upwards and reflected off of a psychic barrier, Seer standing behind it as the Dark Pulse washed over it. His eyes were filled with emotion and his aura danced wildly about him, untamed and unkempt.

The battle was about to begin . . .

[hr]

Keaden and Keldeo, along with everyone in the crowd, watched in awe as the Legendary Pokémon, Moltres, appeared and began to change in order to defeat N.N., who had been attacking his Guardian with a swarming mass of Unowns. Keaden’s fist tightened as he grinned, thinking that there was no way N.N. could defeat such an awesome power of the Legendary as it shouted out, "And Now with the Sun, I Shall Demonstrate to You the Ultimate Pinnacle of My Strength! I Shall Show you how foolish it is to Attempt to Defy Us Gods! And You Shall be incinerated until Not Even a Speck of Your Ashes are Left! The Lifeline of Your Immortality Shall be Burned Away, Your Soul Ceasing to Exist and You Shall Ultimately Perish in My Flames-"

Then N.N. said something and before anyone could make a move the events that followed happened in a flash. N.N.’s Pikachu shot another bolt of lightning, striking Moltres as it flew in between the bolt of lightning and his Guardian. Then, Moltres plummeted to the courtyard below- dead. Now a large castle materialized above the courtyard and was floating on its own, N.N. looking down on everyone. Rook and a few other outraged trainers ordered his Pokémon to attack the castle in the sky, sending five powerful Stone Edges through the air- however, all these attacks were blocked by an invisible psychic barrier.

"Participants of the Tournament of Legends! By the grand authority of I, King Gilgamesh, I shall make an announcement! You cannot hide from me. I know you are all out there - Keldeo! Virizion! Terrakion! Entei! Suicine! Raikou! Zapdos! Cresselia! Darkrai! Shaymin! Celebi! Latios! I have dedicated the past eighteen hours into tracing each and every one of you down on this island and confirming your locations, utilizing remnants of Arceus's energy to accomplish thus. I know the identities of all your Guardians,” as their master spoke five Unowns left the swarm in the sky and moved to surround the immortal, teleporting him inside his castle after he finished, “Enter my temple, and face me in a direct duel to the death. Should any of you not appear, I shall publicly release all information on your Guardian for the usage of Team Purity, and both you and the human shall be mercilessly tracked down by them for the rest of your pitiful lives. And with a single order, I can have this army of Unowns decimate every other participant that dared come here on this day. Which choice would you prefer, oh thou gods?”

Once N.N. teleported away his maniacal laughter continued echo through everyone’s minds while the crystal temple continued floating above the courtyard. Without missing a beat, the King turned on his heels and made his way to the PA system, “Ladies and gentlemen. Please keep call. Make your way to the nearest public building. Do not panic. The situation is being handled. Officers will tend to what you need shortly. 

Guardians! This message goes out to you. We need you. It is time for you to fulfill your duties. Report to the castle immediately! Archanum needs you. Totus needs you.”

After hearing the King’s request many of the trainers and people decided that it was best to follow the King's orders and head to the nearest public building; Rook amongst them. However, those who were Guardians remained. Keaden glanced over to Blake and saw the serious expression on his face as he communicated with Cobalion. “What do we do now?” Keaden asked mentally to Keldeo, who hadn’t looked away from N.N.’s castle. “I . . . I don’t know,” the Legendary said with a shaky tone, sweat pouring down his forehead. Finally Blake nodded his head, tightened his gloves, and spoke out loud, “Yeah I do. But . . . I'm your Guardian, Cobalion. And as such . . . I'm supposed to lead the Blades of Four, as you lead the Swords of Justice. I'm going in there, kick his ass, and make sure the other Legendries will be safe."

No way I can convince you otherwise?

"You can try, but you know me . . . hard headed!" Blake chuckled. Both Keaden and Keldeo marveled at their leaders’ confidence. They didn’t show any signs of being afraid despite the display of power that N.N. had just shown them. Keldeo looked down and grimaced as the other two walked beside his Guardian, “I’m always afraid . . . too afraid to do anything . . . I couldn’t anything to help Keaden against Seer and now I’m scared to help the others . . .”

“You don't have to fight if you don't want to. I don’t want to put you in harm’s way again."

“No!” Keldeo shouted with a bit of tears in his eyes, “We’re going too! We have too!”

“Right!” Keaden said nodding to his Legendary, turning back to Blake with a serious expression, “We’re going with you guys too!”

“Fools, the bunch of you,” Anne thought shaking her head. She had no intention of following Keaden and Keldeo to death’s door. She was, however, inclined to let them know others were beginning to head off towards N.N.’s castle, “Keaden I do believe other Guardians are heading your way. If you wish to go, then you better get the other swords.”

"Hey don't order Keaden around!" Keldeo barked back while a trainer with an Electrode rose into the air alongside another trainer in a wheelchair.

"She's right Keldeo," Keaden said and turned back to Blake and a Salamence flew above their heads, “Let’s find Terra and Rivere so we can go too!”

[hr]

No sooner had Blake and Keaden with their Guardians respectfully left did the black dome that had appeared in another part of the courtyard explode with a brilliant light. The beam of light flew skyward and pierced through the dark skies, clearing them away, and the ground shook silently. Standing in the middle of where the dome had been was Seer and dangling off his feet was Grey- his eyes rolled into the back of his head. For a moment Seer remained motionless, a blank expression on his face, and then his eyes grew dark again and he tossed the deceased trainer away. Glancing down at Kazam, who was barely hanging to life, Seer said, “You have not fulfilled your usefulness too me, so you cannot die yet.”

Kazam chuckled and blood splattered onto the ground underneath him, “If only . . . it was . . . that . . . easy Master.”

Taking out a Pokéball Seer released his Slowking to heal Kazam’s wounds. A little ways off Gallade was on the ground unconscious as well and, after arriving beside him, Seer returned the Blade Pokémon. Attaching the shrunken Pokéball to his belt Seer took a deep breath and examined the situation around him.

• Trainers and Spectators, heading away from the courtyard
  • Other Trainers, heading towards a newly formed floating Castle.
  • Inside the castle, a massive amount of energy Seer recognized- N.N.

Then something else caught his attention, a crumpled form near the half destroyed castle.

Moltres

Seer’s eyes narrowed as he trotted over to the corpse and lightly placed his hands on it. “Luckily defeating that boy didn’t take too long,” he thought as he felt for signs of rigor mortis, “It hasn’t been too long yet.” Taking a deep breath Seer pulled his hands back then plunged them into the hole that was on Moltres’ chest, piercing all the way to the deceased Legendry’s heart.

A psychic aura surrounded Seer and then encompassed Moltres’ body before fading away, Seer taking a step back with a grimace.

Had Seer attempted to revive the fallen Flame Pokémon or had he attempted something else and failed just the same?

“Kazam!” Seer shouted turning to the revived Alakazam, who was currently taking his spoon-cane back from Gallade, “Let’s go!”

“To the castle!?” Gallade asked surprised and glanced up at the floating fortress. Briskly walking to his Pokémon Seer glared at the Blade Pokémon, “No . . . I have no intention of interfering with that false king’s goals so long as they do not hinder my own.”

“Anne has reported in and the Four Swords will be on their way,” Seer finished returning Slowking, “And I do not wish to be here when they arrive, so that they can focus their attentions on the false king and the current threat he poses.”

“So where too Master?” Kazam asked walking with Seer. With a grin Seer glanced over his shoulder at the Psi Pokémon, “To see how this little battle will play out from a front row seat.”

“Right, yes Master,” Kazam said seeing the bloodlust in the trainer’s eyes.

Dugtrio had been popping up and down into the ground around Blake and Keaden's feet like a jumping bean, celebrating the fact that it had won the race and beat Terra. However, it was too busy concentrating on the race to hear the announcement that N.N. had given out to everyone. Then again, it was also underground at the time, so it couldn't have heard it anyway. It explained why Dugtrio was confused upon seeing a livid Terra with 5 Pokemon following her.

"DUGTRIO!! Come over here; I don't wanna have to yell!" exclaimed Terra, with Dugtrio hurrying over to where she was in an instant, "Good, now listen carefully. Rivere's still out there somewhere. I need you to go find her, and protect her from Team Purity at all costs. Kill them if you have to."

Acknowledging this order, Dugtrio popped back underground and sped off, before Terra turned to the rest of her Pokemon. There was Garchomp, the Pokemon she used to sweep her preliminary round opponent's team. Tyranitar, the Pokemon that would almost always accompany the former in a double battle. Rhyperior, the Pokemon Terra used to capture the Rock-type Musketeer Terrakion. Nidoqueen, the Pokemon she always kept on her team just in case her heart was starting to fail, since it was the only Pokemon on Terra's team that knew an Electric-type attack. And finally, there was Claydol, a primarily defensive Pokemon that Terra had just switched to the moment she heard the announcement, feeling as though she could use a Psychic-type Pokemon on this expedition, especially a Levitator like Claydol.

"The rest of you listen up!" said a still angry Terra, "We're going straight for the castle. I want every single Unown in there dead, and I want the entire castle razed to the Arceus-damned ground! Destroy the walls, take down anyone and EVERYONE that tries to stop you...!"

Feeling as though he'd better put a stop to this, Terrakion emerged from its Ultra Ball.

"That's enough, Terra," the Rock-type Musketeer tried to say.

"...and don't stop until that prick bleeds to his...!"

"TERRA!!"

"WHAT??!!" Terra screamed at the top of her lungs, turning to Terrakion with an even more enraged look on her face. She couldn't hold it though, and eventually broke down, holding him tightly and crying over his shoulder. The tears had burned their way down Terra's face as she wept, before boiling down on the ground.

"I know you're angry, but you're taking this too far," said Terrakion, after finally having his Guardian's attention, "There are other Guardians out there that will be sent to assault the castle, and they're risking their lives as it is. A supposed ally with such a reckless vendetta will only make matters worse than they need to be..."

Like everyone else, Rivere had heard the announcement and seen the death of Moltres, but unlike the others she hadn't paid the castle in the sky much thought. Not that it wasn't impressive or imposing, but more because she had more pressing matters. Moltres' sudden appearance and rush of power had caused fire to much of the forests of Archanum and she was currently battling the blaze. "Ludicolo, keep it up with Water Pulse! Ninetails, help the woodland Pokemon! Beautifly, be careful with that Silver Wind. Tropius, same goes for your Air Slash." 

Before long, the group had the fires under control, with minimum damage to the treeline. She breathed a sigh of relief, Rivere had feared for a moment that the fire would get out of hand, but once again she was astounded by the sheer bravery and power of her team. She didn't have time to relax however, just as the last remnants of the fire was being squashed, a Dugtrio appeared. Terra's Dugtrio.

There is trouble. Virizion appeared out of the recently burned forest. As she walked, flowers and grass began to sprout around her. "Then let's get going." Hopping on her friend's back, Rivere and Virizion went off in search of the other Blades of Justice. With Dugtrio in tow, they quickly reached the courtyard and met with the sight of fleeing people and panicked screams. There were a few thought that stayed. Standing in the courtyard as if they were looking for something.

"Blake! Terra! Kaeden!" 

[hr]

Kallen had been one of the first to take cover. As soon as Moltres had appeared, Mew had warned him. It was good that he had moved for the fire bird would have collapsed right where he was standing. As King Gilgamesh made his statement, Kallen fearfully listened for the name of his friend. There was already so much going on, this wasn't what he needed. Luckily, the name of Mew was never said. A sigh of relief escaped his lips. He would take cover for now. Unless it appeared his fellow Guardians would lose, at which time he would try to save them. 

“This is really bad.”

“…”

Kytes, and Latios stood in the crowd, oddly stationery among the chaos. Latios had decided to spend the day as “John”, having had no idea that this was one of the worst possible times to be out of his poke ball. Blowing a strand of his blue hair out of his eyes, Latios turned to his trainer. “We should find Danny, and then head to the castle.”

Kytes said nothing, as he attempted process everything that had just happened. So far it seemed this day couldn't possibly get any worse; flying castles, summons to protect the island, massive thunderbolts and to top it all off, a public challenge for a duel to the death with some psychopath… The orange haired trainer began to tremble at the thought of Latios being killed like Moltres, he had promised to always protect the Eon Pokémon, but what could he possibly do about something like this? Unable to find the strength to look anywhere but the ground, Kytes began walking towards the hotel. “W-We need to run. Maybe if we get home quick enough, they won’t be abl-“

“You gota be kidding me, partner! You can’t possibly be thinking of running… You heard the guy, they know who we’re, and can give our information to Team Purity.”  Latios's voice was full of frustration, as he began walking towards Kytes. “People need us!”

“…”

“Stop acting like a coward!”

“DON'T YOU GET IT, HE’S GOING TO KILL YOU!" Kytes was now screaming, as he turned to face Latios, tears were forming in the young man’s eyes. “YOU SAW WHAT HE JUST DID TO MOLTRES, WE DON’T HAVE A CHA-” Kytes was suddenly silenced, by a hard smack from Latios. “Just shut the hell up, you sound pathetic. I don’t know what happened to you, but if you wana run, be my guest… I’m fighting.”

Kytes was left standing alone in the courtyard, as Latios began walking towards the castle. Unable to form any words, the boy touched the spot on his face that the Pokémon had hit. For as long as Kytes could remember, Latios had never actually hurt him before, and the pain seemed to bring him back to reality.  

"..." Forcing his tears back, Kytes let out one last painful sob, as he remembered the conversation they had had about always being a pair. Latios was probably just as scared, but still chose to fight, knowing all to well that he could die. Joining him was Kytes's duty as  a Guardian,no, as a friend. Taking one last look at the hotel, Kytes began sprinting after his partner, only stopping once when the two were side by side. If they were going to die, they'ed die fighting together, as brothers. 

Ice stood paralyzed with fear as she watched Moltres fall from the sky. Shaking the girl collapsed to her knees tears filling her eyes as she stared at the form falling from the building N.N. stood on. Unowns began swarming the sky seemingly building a huge temple of crystal transporting N.N. to it highest point. Ice watched as several attacks bounced off a psychic barrier seemingly created also by the Unowns, although it was very possible the barrier was magic, at this point Ice would believe anything. 

N.N., the now revealing King Gilgamesh, sent out a challenge to all the Legendary Pokemon to face him in a death match, either that or he would release their information to Team Purity. Ice hung her head in her hands, what could she do? She couldn't put Cresselia in danger, but going up there to protect her would mean getting her Pokemon killed, not to mention herself. 

She had a strategy that might work against Gilgamesh's Urlugal, as it seemed quite fond of that very powerful Thunderbolt she might be able to use Milotic's Mirror Coat to reflect it, but that would all depend on Gilgamesh ordering that attack. In that time Milotic could be killed, and even then it might not be able to defeat Urlugal in one shot. Ice knew she could defeat N.N. alone, and she wasn't willing to give up the lives of her Pokemon, but her own life... that was something she was willing to forfeit. 

Stripping off her Pokeballs and bag she hid them in a bush hopping nobody would steal them, then walked straight under the castle. Ice already saw people going to enter it, but that was her problem, how was she going to get in without her Pokemon.

"Young lady what exactly were planning on doing!?" Cresselia's psychic message was outraged as she sped towards Ice, the girls possessions on her back. "Are you completely daft, trying to go in there without any help."

"Cresselia... I can't let any of you get killed I don't know what I would do without you," Ice replied getting ready to sob, "I'm ready to die, I gave up on living after Elias took me anyways. Without you I'd have nothing to live for."

"Now what kind of talk is that," Cresselia nudged her nose under Ice's chin a warm smile on her face, "we'll defeat him together now what do you say we go see what His Majesty has to say." 

"Okay," Ice wiped away her tears, and gave a half smile as she strapped her Poekballs back on, and climbed on Cresselia's back. 

~About 5-6 minutes later~

Cresselia floated into the King's Throne room, allowing Ice to climb off her who bowed to the King. 

"Umm... so you, wanted to see us," the blue haired girl shifted uncomfortably eyes cast to the floor. 

Draco Oliver - Detective

Draco was cut off guard as he was whisked away on the back of Raikou, having Ace following right behind. When they made the clearing, he saw what made Raikou upset: Moltres...killed...

T-The Legendary...KILLED?! T-T-That's not possible... Draco thought, as he noticed Raikou positioning himself in the area he was for a reason. He looked up and saw the kid falling. Draco quickly held his arms up and caught him. "Gotcha! Alright...you, were gonna get you to the hospital. Raikou..." he stopped slightly, as he noticed that N.N was calling Raikou out. "Your wanting me to go with you...aren't you?"

[hr]

Blake Aston - Leader of the Blades of Four

“We’re going with you guys too!”

Blake smirked a bit, and patted Kaeden's shoulder for a moment. "Alright then." he said, turning to see Terra and Rivere coming up behind them. "The gang's all here..." he said, as he grabbed his Master Ball and called Cobalion out from it. "Alright guys! We're going in there, kicking his ass!"

Cobalion smiled as he looked at the other Swords of Justice and their Guardians around him. Terrakion...Virizion...Keldeo...its great to have you all back again. he simply said, as Blake and him began to walk towards the tower's opened door.

Long ago, there was a tiny village, separated from the rest of Totus by a gigantic mountain range formed during the collision between regions. There weren't many people that lived there, but they were contempt with their lives. However, the earth was prone to shaking, and one thing they didn't know was that among the many snowy mountains was a volcano, disguised in white. At least, there was one person who knew about it, and that was a particular boy. Traveling through the mountains on his own, he discovered a large gap in a particularly strange one, unnoticeable from below. After reading up a few books, he concluded that it must've once been a volcano - but one that had been cut off from its source of magma during the formation of Totus.

On one summer day, the boy asked his crush to go see it with him, but she didn't believe him. She asked him to take photos of its inside for proof, and he accepted before heading off. But as it turned out, he had forgotten one very important thing; magma lay beneath all the land of the world. Things went wrong, lava beginning to grow and encompass the hole, escape being impossible as he was separated from the rope by a river of extreme heat. It was a miracle he had managed to survive at that point. The boy screamed in fear, yelling out for help.

And then, when all seemed lost, a flaming meteor descended from the skies and entered the gap. As it stopped mere feet before the magma, it turned out that it was actually a gigantic orange bird of flames, and its appearance was just so majestic that he couldn't help but admire it. Its head turned to him with a rather dismissive look, and for a moment he was afraid that it would just leave them there.

"...LITTLE BOY, YOU SCREAM LIKE A GROUDON." It remarked in an overly loud voice, and the volcano shook to it. "NO MATTER. TODAY IS YOUR LUCKY DAY."

But then the lord of fire flapped its wings, and the lava suddenly stopped growing. Rather, it was being forced backwards by its own flames, its own heat betraying it. Of course, even for the Legendary who had control over the fire, it was a rather difficult task quelling an awakening volcano. Still, it persisted on, and on, and on, until the lava had hardened and suppressed the rest of the magma beneath it. As the deed was done, it looked exhausted, so the boy attempted to carry it out - but since it was too heavy to pull up on the rope, the boy took out a Pokeball and contained the bird within to bring it up.

That was the first time Aiden met Moltres. After a(n attempted) conversation, they parted ways, the flaming bird slightly embarrassed of the fact that he had been marked by a human's device. He never thought Moltres would ever return, but about a few months ago, he came back requesting aid. Apparently, there were some people named Team Purity hunting all the Legendaries down, and despite the lord's amazing powers, he needed to hide. They'd been together ever since, yet he never considered for a moment that...

It was funny. Aiden had always been bossed around, yet having watched the bird sacrifice himself for him, he couldn't help but wonder how highly the Legendary must have thought of him. Now that he thought about it, he knew almost nothing about Moltres's thoughts on the inside, and now, he would never know. For his best friend had been killed. Clenching his fists, he steeled himself to charge at the golden-haired boy and do what Moltres had attempted to do - but found himself already helplessly in his grasp.

Right before the immortal threw him off the tower, he whispered one word - "Forget." So it was that as Aiden came crashing down into the ground, all memories of there ever being a 'Moltres' faded away. Then, suddenly finding himself falling when his last memory was being in the courtyard, in a combination of confusion and shock, he had fainted just as Raikou caught him.

[hr]

Among the others, one trainer could only stare in horror as events unfolded in the courtyard, beginning with the boom of a nearby lightning strike, and ending with the legendary Moltres being struck as he protected his guardian. Then some sort of goldie dressed like a king stepped at the edge of the tower, and made a terrible announcement. One by one, the names of all the Legendaries were addressed, and it looked like he was declaring war against them.

How...

Areo was absolutely furious. This guy had murdered a Legendary Pokemon and expected to get away from it. DID he expect to get away with it? No. Legendary or not, Pokemon were not supposed to be killed. What he'd done was beyond horrible. Walking beneath the castle, he took out a particular Pokeball with a fire pattern. Only one thought crossed his mind then - HE HAS TO BE STOPPED! But despite trying to will himself, his hand didn't move to release his Charizard.

How did he find out?

Without a doubt, he'd done his very best to hide his presence- wait, what was he thinking? Since when did he start thinking about hiding? So anyway, he looked down at his fingers, and tried forcing them to move, but it was as if a secondary force was holding them in place. Meanwhile, he managed to hear the announcement about having all the Guardians gather at the castle. Since he wasn't one, it shouldn't concern him.

How did that wretched spawn of Jirachi figure me out?! I tried my best to mask my presence, yet how did he...?

All of a sudden, Areo became aware of something at the back of his mind. Another voice. Something that wasn't supposed to be there.

It cannot be helped. I must gather with the Guardians. Gilgamesh must be destroyed now, lest he endanger me.

"Who's there?!" He asked, turning around even though he knew that there was nobody there. The source of the voice was coming within his mind, that much he could figure out. "Show yourself!"

...Oh. The boy noticed?

The source of all his nightmares... It must be this person, whoever, or whatever it was. But he wasn't about to get any further than this!

However, you are too late. I have need of your body, and by now I can exert enough of my power to control it. Thus, if you don't mind, I shall do so now.

His eyes widened as he realized what this meant, and braced himself for something to happen, preparing to resist it- but instead of anything like a force attacking him, the entire world sank into an illusion, another nightmare, where this being ruled all. Bypassing all unnecessary effort, Areo's mind had been trapped in an inescapable cage of darkness.

[hr]

In the middle of a crowd as they were being evacuated to shelter, the body of a male was suddenly wrapped in a dark cloak that appeared out of nowhere, complete with a hood that masked his face, and a red scarf wrapped around his shoulders, disguising himself to prevent anyone from recognizing the body's former identity. He looked very much like a certain lord of the new moon, but more importantly, of nightmares.

With a small, satisfied smile at having successfully gained a decoy body, he headed over towards King Aurelius's throne room. Compared to the other Guardians, his presence was rather out of place, and despite looking like a human, he exuded a dark aura that was nothing like one. He didn't bother to show any respect to the king, as if regarding himself superior. Of course, just by looking at the cloak and scarf, one could easily tell who he was.

Darkrai.

...Three seconds later, he realized that he was standing right next to a floating Cresselia, and recoiled away from her in horror.

"Why did you have to be here?" Darkrai said with a disgusted tone, his face masked in the darkness of the hood. "What horrible luck."

“We’re going with you guys too!”

Keaden and Keldeo grinned back at Blake as he smirked and then patted Kaeden's shoulder for a moment, "Alright then."

All of them turned to see Terra and Rivere arriving on the scene with their respective Guardians. Stunned that everyone had gotten here so quickly, Keldeo’s jaw hanged open for a bit before he leaped in excitement and rushed over to greet the other two members of the Swords of Justice.

“Terrakion! Virizion!” Keldeo shouted as he stopped in front of the two and beamed with joy, “It’s so good to see you both!”

“The gang's all here," Blake said and brought out Cobalion, "Alright guys! We're going in there, kicking his ass!"

“Right!” Keaden said gripping his hand into a fist, ready to fight N.N., and began to follow Blake as he walked towards the real King’s castle. As the Legendary Pokemon and their Guardians entered the castle, Keldeo and Keaden looked up and gasped in awe at how large the room was inside the castle. The ceiling was so high that you could actually have a Pokemon battle in the air and still have space. The white marble tiles shinned with the rays of light that hit it, yet also reflected N.N.’s castle outside, as the Guardians nagivated their way to the King’s Throne room. A large carved wooden door stood in their way once they reached the place, but it was easily moved aside by some of the Legendary Pokemon.

Now inside the throne room one of the Legendary Pokemon, Cresselia, whom Keldeo had attempted to greet while they were walking, with very little success, floated up so her trainer could climb off of her. The young girl then bowed to the King and was the first to speak, “Umm... so you . . . wanted to see us?"

Keaden swallowed hard, nervous despite having said he wanted to help. He did, but that didn’t mean he wasn’t worried about how the battle would turn out with a man who had already killed a Legendary Pokemon at full strength. “Remember there are more of us now,” Keldeo reminded Keaden mentally and nodded his head in confidence, “We can do this.” “Right,” Keaden nodded back as the Lord of the New Moon and Nightmares, Darkrai, appeared in the form of a human and gasped in surprise seeing Cresselia.

Darkai recoiled away from his opposite in horror and spoke to her in a disgusted tone, his human face hidden by the shadows of the hood he was wearing, “Why did you have to be here? What horrible luck . . .”

“Hey!” Keaden shouted to the Pitch-Black Pokemon, getting very upset at how he spoke to the other Legendary, “She’s here to help just like you are!”

"Thank Arceus I found you. Come on. We have people to help." Rook said just as Silver was about to head to the castle. "Yes we do. I'm heading over to the castle, I'll meet you there." Silver replied as he mounted his Salamence, "Okay Salamence, let's go!" and with that he took off towards the castle.

Flying over the shocked crowds who were slowly moving to the nearest public building, "Perhaps flying wasn't such a great idea after all." Silver was thinking that flying towards the castle wasn't such a good idea with Gilgamesh's Unowns flying around, and he had to maneuver around them. Approaching the castle, he remembered how he had reached Archanum Island and figured that entering the castle the same way would be very silly since any damage would have to be paid for out of Silver's own wallet, and so he had to fly around and find the nearest window. A few moments later he had reached an open window that conveniently would lead to the stairs towards the throne room. Getting close close enough for a clean jump, Salamence tilted 45 degrees and Silver stepped off onto the window ledge and went through it into the castle. "Good work Salamence, return!" Silver quickly climbed the stairs and entered the throne room where a number of people as well as a Cresselia and Darkrai were gathered. "Sorry I'm late. You wanted to see us?"

The King waited in the main, ground floor, throne room. The Guardians and their Legendaries began to slowly trickle in. They all seemed to be of separate temperaments, a complete mish-mosh of personalities. That slightly worried Aurelius. With so many different people, forming a team could prove troublesome. But that couldn't be helped. After a good number of people showed up, Aurelius stood, leaving his throne. Absol followed, standing beside his master. He cleared his throat, the room instantly becoming silent. 

"Thank you all for coming. You each are showing an incredible amount of courage by deciding to stand up to this...this...this terrorist. Now while I am sure that introductions are in order, there is no time for such things. With every passing second we endanger the lives of everyone in this city. So, before we enter the coming battle. Let me give you a word of advice. This Gilgamesh fellow, will undoubtedly try to target the trainers, much as he did with Moltres' Guardian. Be cautious and think before you act. You are not just risking your lives up there." 

Aurelius looked over the crowd, watching the understanding dawn on their faces. He took interest in noting that Draco Oliver, his lead detective was among them. It appeared as if he was accompanying Raikou. "When you are ready, I expect the false king is waiting. The barrier should let you pass, I assume. Good luck."

[hr]

With the unconscious human in his jaws, Raikou couldn't speak very well so instead opened a telepathic link between himself and the human on his back. "Damn right you are coming with me." Raikou looked about for a moment, spotting an individual that seemed to be helping some of the fleeing people. With a growl he caught the boy's attention. Setting down the boy in his jaws, Raikou fixed the boy with a stare and then dashed off towards the castle, Draco on his back. 

Daniel Tyrone - Zapdos' Guardian

"Thank you all for coming. You each are showing an incredible amount of courage by deciding to stand up to this...this...this terrorist. Now while I am sure that introductions are in order, there is no time for such things. With every passing second we endanger the lives of everyone in this city. So, before we enter the coming battle. Let me give you a word of advice. This Gilgamesh fellow, will undoubtedly try to target the trainers, much as he did with Moltres' Guardian. Be cautious and think before you act. You are not just risking your lives up there."

Daniel winced. He hadn't been aware of Moltres' death until this moment. He remembered the one time he had encountered the fire bird.

[hr]

10 years previous...

At the age six, Xander had just allowed Daniel to travel with him, exploring volcanoes and caves in search for the legendary Groudon. All records showed that he would have been somewhere within a volcano where Jhoto had collided with Kanto.

They traveled for weeks, searching for some sign of the legendary. Cave to cave, city to city, traveling was wearing the young Daniel out. Within a crystallized cavern, Daniel asked for a rest. The father and son stopped and had a picnic within the beauty.

"Take a look at this son." Xander pointed out as he turned off his flashlight. The room glowed a vibrant blue color. "These crystals form over years and years, and when they are fully developed they glow the color they are."

Daniel giggled as he grabbed the flash light from his fathers hand and flashed it around the room. When a light was flashed directly into the crystals they reflected a rainbow all along the room. "It's beautiful." He admitted to Xander. Daniel walked around the cave, touching the crystals on the walls, eating a sandwich in his hand. He leaned against a small section and took a bite of his food, as the crystals cracked, and he fell through the wall.

The young boy slid steadily down the steep cavern, his father following shortly after. The area became brighter as the two of them approached a pool of lava.

"Son! Grab a rock to stop yourself!" Xander screamed at the young boy, who did as he was told. When the man caught up, they both walked their way down to a flat platform where Xander checked his son for any injuries. "You aren't hurt are you?" He asked looking Daniel in the eyes. But Daniel's attention was pulled else where. Turning around Xander noted a cave opening around the lava pool. A large bird rested ahead of them, on some rocks.

[hr]

His mind went numb as tears began to run down his face... First his father, now this beautiful creature. Gone from the world.

Daniel released Zapdos from his pokeball and looked at him sincerely. "I... am so sorry..."

In response to his guardians depression Zapdos rested his wing against Daniel's side. "It is nothing we can change. Life happens for a reason."

"Well I refuse to lose another person." Daniel said, raising his confidence. "Let's find Kytes and Latios, and get this bastard!"

"You said it..."

[hr]

After rummaging through the conversing crowd for several minutes, and noting the huge amount of Guardians within the castle, Daniel finally encountered Kytes.

"Kytes!" He called. "Let's work together to get this Gilgamesh guy."

"You!" Cresselia hissed, as Darkrai entered the room, her anger could be felt by all in the fact that everyone in the room seemed to be getting a slight headache, "what plot might you have cooked up today, you irksome son of a-"

"Cresselia please stop," Ice whispered, "if we want to win then we need work together. Darkrai, Cresselia I know you have your differences, but right now could you put them aside so that we can defeat N- Gilgamesh."

"Of course dear," Cresselia responded to Ice serenely, but turned to Darkrai with pure venom, "I'll help you just this once, after we beat the murderer who killed Moltres, meet me in the courtyard so we can settle this once and for all. If I see you try anything funny, I'll kill you were you stand." 

With that final pleasant note Ice sat on Cresselia's back as she floated off the floor into the air, waiting at the edge of the forcefield for the rest of the Guardian to gather.

As Terra finally managed to stop crying, the first thing she did was check her heart rate, to ensure it didn't decelerate too far into critical condition. It didn't; it only returned to its normal resting pace of 28 beats per minute, which was slow by all means, but at least fast enough to keep her vitals functioning.

Next thing on the list was a check over her team. On second thought, she probably should've added Krookodile; his and Tyranitar's Dark-typing could be useful in destroying the army of Unown waiting in N.N.'s wings, but the difficult part was choosing which Pokemon to forgo. As Terra was trying to decide, she realized that she completely forgot about something; what if Team Purity tried to attack the people that weren't at the castle?

There was no way Terra would allow that to happen.

"Um... your Majesty? Before we go anywhere, I have a question," she began, "Can we send some of our Pokemon to defend the people? I have a Dugtrio here, but if I'm to understand correctly, the castle we're headed for is a levitating one, through some bullshit manner or another, and if that's true then she won't be able to reach it anyway..."

The King continued to look over the group of Guardians as they discussed and squabbled with one another. There were inevitably some tears and threats, but nothing too serious. Not yet. Although he would have to keep an eye on Cresselia and Darkrai. Those two had been fighting for ages, and things always got hostile between the two. With Cresselia's threat to end Darkrai's life you could actually feel the tension in the room increase. Of course, Cresselia would be hopelessly outmatched by her counterpart. Their type difference left Cresselia at a terrible disadvantage, and despite her power she wouldn't be able to hold up against the Pitch-Black Pokemon for long. 

"Um... your Majesty? Before we go anywhere, I have a question," she began, "Can we send some of our Pokemon to defend the people? I have a Dugtrio here, but if I'm to understand correctly, the castle we're headed for is a levitating one, through some bullshit manner or another, and if that's true then she won't be able to reach it anyway..."

"You are more than welcome to leave some of your Pokemon behind, but I doubt seriously that we will have any problems." Aurelius could tell what this young woman was worried about. With Team Purity's recent activity, the absence of so many kind hearted trainers could prove a problem for the population of Archanum. Fortunately, these kind hearted trainers possessed a majority of the Legendaries on the island. That meant that Team Purity's targets would be out of reach for the moment. "Besides, my security force can handle any immediate problems. We aren't incompetent." 

"We'll what are we waiting for!?" Leaden shouted and turned to Blake and Cobalion to see if they too were ready to go. The young trainer had grown tired of just waiting around doing nothing. Now that he had a chance to actually do something as the Guardian of the Legendary Pokemon Keldeo he was anxious to go. Keldeo, on the other hand, was more excited to prove his worth as a meme ear of the Four Swords and, if he was going to be honest with himself, prove he was strong enough to defend his Guardian from psychopaths like Seer.

"Alright then..." Blake said, as he turned around, his back facing the King. He looked at Cobalion, then at the others that had surrounded themselves to help fight with them. "If you have Pokemon to help defend the other Trainers, call them now and send them out. Give them the order to help out..once that's done...we go after Gilgamesh!"

The Blades of Four leader, took two Pokeballs, smiling as he opened them. From them, came his Charizard and Blaziken. "Charizard, Blaziken...I need you both to help protect the other Trainers. Give Purity hell you two!"

Blaziken!

His Charizard simply nodded, with a huge smirk, as the two went outside.

Are you prepared, Blake? Cobalion asked, as he watched Charizard and Blaziken leave.

"More...than you know, Cobalion!"

[hr]

Once Raikou and Draco entered, they heard the end Blake's small speech. "Sending Pokemon out to help...I know the perfect duo..." the detective smirked, as he called forth his two Pokemon: Styx, a Houndoom; and Jet, a Mightyena. "Alright guys, here's the deal! You two, protect the other trainers at all costs! Understood?"

Both dogs simply barked with a nod, as they ran out of the castle.

Serena listened to the words being said, growing steadily more impatient. She was ready to kick some ass. "Alright, b*tches. We're off to kick that narcissistic psychopath's ass. Feel free to join us." She wasn't waiting for everyone to make a decision on what there were going to do. There was only one thing to do. "I'm with you." Clement said from his wheelchair. "As if you had a choice." She said, offering him just the smallest of teasing smiles. She then turned to the man that was on top of Raikou. "We better see you up there." 

With that, Serena once again began to hover above the ground, a top of Electrode. Clement's wheelchair began to do the same. "You think we will make it like this?" Clement asked skeptically. Serena fixed him with a stare. "You doubt me?" Before Clement could respond, another voice spoke. "I do. Clement should not be going out in this condition." 

"Suicune, it is a wonder that you and Entei don't get along. Both of you are overbearing and annoying."

"Serena!" "Serena!" Clement and Entei responded together, taken aback by her statement. "Well it is true." And it seemed that her words had hit home, because Suicune fell silent as the two shakily made their ascent to Gilgamesh's castle. They were ready. That damned false king had better be as well. 

Archived