Chimera Soul [Fairy Tail RP *Relaunch*] [OOC/Started/Accepting/PG-13]

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel slightly used.....

As you should. But that was the problem with the Zack attack plan. It was all Zack. I couldn't honestly let 4 superpowers not hit the boy. 

If you makes you feel better the zak attack plan (and my personal) was one of the solutions I had thought up in the creation of this event...but it would've been Zak running across the ceiling. 

well, it was more all of us working together, the only reason Zack was used was because he was exploitable for everything, my original plan wasn't as good, but it was meant to have everyone work together as they did, I think Caroline even leveled up in her XP scale. Your plan does seem a tad bit conceited since technically Henry won it for us. Sadly as for running on the roof....it would have been the smarter thing to do, but then all the experience everyone gained would have been.....missed out on

well, it was more all of us working together, the only reason Zack was used was because he was exploitable for everything, my original plan wasn't as good, but it was meant to have everyone work together as they did, I think Caroline even leveled up in her XP scale. Your plan does seem a tad bit conceited since technically Henry won it for us. Sadly as for running on the roof....it would have been the smarter thing to do, but then all the experience everyone gained would have been.....missed out on

I don't think you understand, the only way the roof ploy worked is because there was a Zack attack plan. With everyone focused on stopping or protecting Zack no one would notice that Fran and Aichi went missing or that ceiling was made of cards. So everyone would still get the experience. Everyone was a vital role. Zack if anyone as a decoy would have had a more prominent role...just a decoy and not more prominent win condition.

Yeah, you're right, I never actually planned on actually touching Talon actually, I planned on dying last second at his feet, his hand an inch away, having a girl drop on him was fun too, probably more fun for talon that's for sure, so I shouldn't complain....great effort everyone.....lets go get drunk and get through this like a BAAAAAAAAD hangover

To be fair, there are implications with how the two-stage plan was executed.  How many of the characters knew about the full plan vs. how many *players* knew about it.  What exactly was discussed was vague IC, so all the characters may had been on board, but it doesn't *feel* that way, since in this case... well,  take Caroline for example.  Caroline knows more than me in this case, and that gets kinda weird when I have to write for her.  Even then, the IC posts make it seem like there were two seperate plans: Danica's Zack Attack, and Henry's Falling Cards, and Falling Cards was made on the bet that Zack Attack failed.  So the only ones the misdirection praise should go to are the ones involved in Falling Cards, whether the banes know of it or not.  IC, Caroline will end up being pretty frustrated with the outcome, as she didn't 'deserve' it.

Also note that the victory sequence (starting where Talon noticed the card falling), started before the actual plan-in-motion details were posted (Fran's climbing of cards), which was kinda weird.  I guess I like my stuff to be explicit.

That reminds me, since apparently we're getting an interlude of sorts before the first big mission, what are everyone's goals here?  Caroline has... a few... once she wakes up from being attacked right out of her trance X.x

1) Try to get Zack back in the armor so Caroline can further her abilities.

2) Visit Hitomi to figure out what she was talking about back at the banquet.

3) Ask around about her master.  She still needs to get the second lesson from him.

its just lol, The main problem I had with that was that no one expects the one that has no chance to win... to well succeed. It would have been more interesting.

There was the fact you pointed out the brothers were genuinely surprised, but then you said they had seen right trough it.

and finally, The fact you Kept this plan from us, I cant speak for others. but If you had told us it wouldent have changed my posts or potential posts..

Mostly I feel disheartened not from the plan Joseph and I made, because it was the only one anyone could come up with. But truly because you didn't trust us enough to know about it, SMH  :/

To be fair, there are implications with how the two-stage plan was executed. How many of the characters knew about the full plan vs. how many *players* knew about it. What exactly was discussed was vague IC, so all the characters may had been on board, but it doesn't *feel* that way, since in this case... well, take Caroline for example. Caroline knows more than me in this case, and that gets kinda weird when I have to write for her. Even then, the IC posts make it seem like there were two seperate plans: Danica's Zack Attack, and Henry's Falling Cards, and Falling Cards was made on the bet that Zack Attack failed. So the only ones the misdirection praise should go to are the ones involved in Falling Cards, whether the banes know of it or not. IC, Caroline will end up being pretty frustrated with the outcome, as she didn't 'deserve' it.

Also note that the victory sequence (starting where Talon noticed the card falling), started before the actual plan-in-motion details were posted (Fran's climbing of cards), which was kinda weird. I guess I like my stuff to be explicit.

That reminds me, since apparently we're getting an interlude of sorts before the first big mission, what are everyone's goals here? Caroline has... a few... once she wakes up from being attacked right out of her trance X.x

1) Try to get Zack back in the armor so Caroline can further her abilities.

2) Visit Hitomi to figure out what she was talking about back at the banquet.

3) Ask around about her master. She still needs to get the second lesson from him.

2 things

1. The Fran post is supposed to be read as a section of the ending scenario. My post dictates what was going on on the surface and Hollow's dictates what was going with Fran at the same time.

2. Well after the healing it will be mission time. But oddly enough that still gives you plenty of time do your listed items.

its just lol, The main problem I had with that was that no one expects the one that has no chance to win... to well succeed. It would have been more interesting.

There was the fact you pointed out the brothers were genuinely surprised, but then you said they had seen right trough it.

and finally, The fact you Kept this plan from us, I cant speak for others. but If you had told us it wouldent have changed my posts or potential posts..

Mostly I feel disheartened not from the plan Joseph and I made, because it was the only one anyone could come up with. But truly because you didn't trust us enough to know about it, SMH :/

Okay let's do it line by line

The plan that wasn't going to succeed couldn't succeed NOT because JZ has the weakest character but because that plan was basically told to EVERYONE. The Bane family saw Zack save Danica with that burst of speed so there was never any surprise. I kept trying to hint at subtle holes in the plan like: filling the room with water then freezing it, doing all of that equipping in the face the enemy, giving you a map to show that Chris is now virtually unchecked, etc. But since it was the only plan anyone put forth and it was similar to one of the five I initially came up with I decided to just run with it.

Where did I say anything about the brothers being genuinely surprised by anything in the Zack attack? I mean if they were it would have to be when Zack bypassed the brothers seeing that they all knew what was going on.

As for not telling anyone. That had nothing to do with trust. I wanted everyone to read what happened with the same level of information and earnest. Everyone (but the parties involved) should get that rush as watching the Zack attack plan come close to succeeding. Then the slight all is lost moment should be shared when the plan fails. And w/e gambit of emotions should be felt when a user reads about the card trick.

I was actually going to pm 4 different users about the plan but I thought that would be rude seeing as that is like telling half the class the answers to the test and leaving out the other half.

yeah, for me personally I wouldn't have felt happiness only to feel total disappointment

EDIT: It would make me feel alot better if we all pretended that Henry and Danica's plan were actually one and the same, everyone had know the risks and everyone was okay with it, without that it seems like Henry took advantage of us and that seems....unlike him, he doesn't seem the opportunist

Thank you for your support Clear, its definitely appreciated.

Now onto the next line of business. If you've checked the OP the Mission Board has been posted. Of course this will be posted in the IC but will constantly be updated in the OP. As a group you (or your characters persay) will be picking the first mission you all get to go on. After that mission is done you all will be able to split up into smaller groups and choose your own missions etc. Unless they're plot and/or subplot related.

Archived