Public Apology with Updated Rules.

Blake

Well, it appears being absent for a couple of weeks is enough to be demoted. Junk Raver managed to be absent for a couple of years before he was demoted. My internet access, due to the fact I have had very important exams for over a month, has been removed by mutual consent (that's a nice way of saying my loving family have confiscated my computer). As for my exams, they are ongoing and will not reach their terminus until June 19th. I got quite a start when I logged on a few minutes ago, I can tell you. As for the report issue, I can quite happily inform you that literally every time I have come online this year, I have not seen an unchecked RC report. That is a testament to the other RC mods' excellence at enforcing the rules. If my presence hasn't been felt in RC, it's mainly because I get outvoted on pretty much all issues. Back to exams, I am currently doing my GCSEs; any British readers will understand their importance, particularly as my family have decided by committee (they all congregate and interrogate me before decided what I should do as a career, it's like the mafia but less interesting) that I must get into Oxford or Cambridge, and therefore even an A in any of them is poor. In fact, I have done three this week and six or so in the past couple of weeks. As for the demotion issue, I would like to note that, having checked my private messages since logging back on, I have not received a single warning or PM about this issue from the staff. They have convicted me in absentia, if you will. I didn't get a chance to explain, or speak. My inner conspiracy theorist is beginning to make two and two equal fifteen, but honestly I feel it's just laziness and/or indifference.

So please, in future, can you drop me a message before kicking me out? No one contacted me via Skype, the one thing I could have accessed without internet due to my sister having a phone with such an app on it. I'm quite rightly a little peeved.

Well, it appears being absent for a couple of weeks is enough to be demoted. Junk Raver managed to be absent for a couple of years before he was demoted. My internet access, due to the fact I have had very important exams for over a month, has been removed by mutual consent (that's a nice way of saying my loving family have confiscated my computer). As for my exams, they are ongoing and will not reach their terminus until June 19th. I got quite a start when I logged on a few minutes ago, I can tell you. As for the report issue, I can quite happily inform you that literally every time I have come online this year, I have not seen an unchecked RC report. That is a testament to the other RC mods' excellence at enforcing the rules. If my presence hasn't been felt in RC, it's mainly because I get outvoted on pretty much all issues. Back to exams, I am currently doing my GCSEs; any British readers will understand their importance, particularly as my family have decided by committee (they all congregate and interrogate me before decided what I should do as a career, it's like the mafia but less interesting) that I must get into Oxford or Cambridge, and therefore even an A in any of them is poor. In fact, I have done three this week and six or so in the past couple of weeks. As for the demotion issue, I would like to note that, having checked my private messages since logging back on, I have not received a single warning or PM about this issue from the staff. They have convicted me in absentia, if you will. I didn't get a chance to explain, or speak. My inner conspiracy theorist is beginning to make two and two equal fifteen, but honestly I feel it's just laziness and/or indifference.

So please, in future, can you drop me a message before kicking me out? No one contacted me via Skype, the one thing I could have accessed without internet due to my sister having a phone with such an app on it. I'm quite rightly a little peeved.

Exams should come as first priority, and if somebody cannot hold their duties here, then they should have a good excuse, and you have given as such, which I support greatly. On an unrelated note, GCSEs? I Googled it, and it seems that it's around the 16 year area. I thought you would have been older, but I suppose that internet personas can hide anything :/

I'm in the same boat, as far as GCSEs are concerned. They should definitely take priority over everything else, especially if you're an Oxbridge candidate.

Good luck, and I hope they're going well.

Exams should come as first priority, and if somebody cannot hold their duties here, then they should have a good excuse, and you have given as such, which I support greatly. On an unrelated note, GCSEs? I Googled it, and it seems that it's around the 16 year area. I thought you would have been older, but I suppose that internet personas can hide anything :/

I'm just grandiloquent, although saying "grandiloquent" actually makes one grandiloquent. In other words, I'm a show-off or I'm smart. Pick one.

I'm in the same boat, as far as GCSEs are concerned. They should definitely take priority over everything else, especially if you're an Oxbridge candidate.

Good luck, and I hope they're going well.

Thank you very much, and I wish the same to you. I'm not an Oxbridge candidate yet, but I most certainly hope to be. I'd like to study Modern History & Politics, or perhaps Politics, Philosophy and Economics. And then do a PhD course in the life of Hunter S. Thompson, hehe.

Honestly I don't come into RC much but I noticed this and have to agree with you. I'm doing my GCSEs this year too and my parents want me to get into Oxbridge too but I don't really know how I'm going to do it as I'm only really outstanding in a couple of things. However, I realise that GCSEs really are a lot of effort if you're bothered about doing well and I think there may be a time to regret the time I've spent on here over GCSE year and I totally understand why you'd want to steer totally clear of the internet for exam time. I don't know if there's any other information but based on a month or two's inactivity during a difficult part of life you shouldn't have been demoted.

Honestly I don't come into RC much but I noticed this and have to agree with you. I'm doing my GCSEs this year too and my parents want me to get into Oxbridge too but I don't really know how I'm going to do it as I'm only really outstanding in a couple of things. However, I realise that GCSEs really are a lot of effort if you're bothered about doing well and I think there may be a time to regret the time I've spent on here over GCSE year and I totally understand why you'd want to steer totally clear of the internet for exam time. I don't know if there's any other information but based on a month or two's inactivity during a difficult part of life you shouldn't have been demoted.

Try 6 months. The entire argument is that he has been demoted off of 1/2 months of inactivity, but considering how he has not done his duties for 6 months I would have thought that it was worthy of a demotion.

No more off-topic speak. This is simply to talk about the new rules. If you want to talk about how incredibly unfair it is for Mihail to be demoted after 6 months of nothing, go take it to a section that's appropriate like Comments / Questions.

Well, it appears being absent for a couple of weeks is enough to be demoted.

You're always absent for long stretchs of times. I understand you have college, you can't devote yourself to the site for as long, but it's been a long pattern of spotty inactivity over the years.

Second of all, you always go against the majority of the staff, even for things we put to a vote. You claim it's playing "devil's advocate", you're just being an obstructionist.

In the end, it wasn't my decision though. We put it to a vote and 8 out of 14 mods (a clear majority) voted in favor of demoting you. Two voted "no opinion". Three didn't vote at all. And one was yourself. Even if you, the three who didn't vote, and you managed to sway the last 2, it would still have been an 8-to-6 majority.

To sum it all up, you weren't really a "team player" on the staff. You rarely showed up and the few times you did it was to cause trouble or drama, like this post right here.

Junk Raver managed to be absent for a couple of years before he was demoted.

Before October 31st of last year we didn't have an active admin on this site. Demoting him was one of the things I did within the first week, as well as any other mod hadn't signed on since September 2012.

As for the demotion issue, I would like to note that, having checked my private messages since logging back on, I have not received a single warning or PM about this issue from the staff. They have convicted me in absentia, if you will. I didn't get a chance to explain, or speak. My inner conspiracy theorist is beginning to make two and two equal fifteen, but honestly I feel it's just laziness and/or indifference.

It's rather telling that the topic where we had the vote was posted on the 30th, the order carried out on the 2nd, and you only just now gotten wind of it on the 6th.

Again, the staff isn't here to make you (specifically) feel good. The staff is here to make sure the forum runs efficiently, and it runs best when we don't have you holding up traffic being the only guy to vote against everything.

New Rules:

I don't know if I mentioned this but I dislike that "overpowered" cards get sent to Any Other Card when there's never been a clear cut definition of "overpowered".

New Rules:

I don't know if I mentioned this but I dislike that "overpowered" cards get sent to Any Other Card when there's never been a clear cut definition of "overpowered".

Well, we're working on a guide to explain power levels, flavor and design in the easiest ways possible. Do you guys think this'll help you and help clear up the point that Pika brought up?

I might be going off topic, but did he write Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, or am I confusing him with someone else? If he did, I'm a big fan.

He did, yes. A crackpot, but a very interesting guy.

My advice for exams would be to just swallow your pride and force yourself to work. It's tough, but it's the only thing that works. And use Memrise if you can (it only has courses in certain things). It works like a charm.

Try 6 months. The entire argument is that he has been demoted off of 1/2 months of inactivity, but considering how he has not done his duties for 6 months I would have thought that it was worthy of a demotion.

No more off-topic speak. This is simply to talk about the new rules. If you want to talk about how incredibly unfair it is for Mihail to be demoted after 6 months of nothing, go take it to a section that's appropriate like Comments / Questions.

I wasn't inactive for six whole months, I think you'll find. As I explained, there literally was no work for me to do - you and your colleagues had all done it, not to mention the fact that while I didn't have exams, I did have mock exams in January and then the final three months of school before exams - the most important period, the bit where you get hurriedly taught all the gaps in the syllabus. What did you expect me to do? I also find it very hypocritical that you and Black are the ones kicking me out, given the fact you had a couple of bouts of total inactivity. In fact, the only reason the Advanced Clause got established was that I was left to manage RC alone while everyone else was gone. I didn't moan to the staff and try and get the other CC mods kicked because I actually considered the other CC mods to be my friends. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and no other staff member batted an eyelid. You were all welcomed back, I was looking forward to working with you. What do I, the problem child, get? I can't help but think that this has something to do with the fact that I'm the only dissenting voice in the Mod Forums, but then again, what do I expect? I was supposed to moderate all of CC, but that never happened. You can't blame me for feeling a little irritated, especially given the fact that I got no notification of my impending redundancy whatsoever. My computer got confiscated, I was physically unable to do anything.

You're always absent for long stretchs of times. I understand you have college, you can't devote yourself to the site for as long, but it's been a long pattern of spotty inactivity over the years.

Second of all, you always go against the majority of the staff, even for things we put to a vote. You claim it's playing "devil's advocate", you're just being an obstructionist.

In the end, it wasn't my decision though. We put it to a vote and 8 out of 14 mods (a clear majority) voted in favor of demoting you. Two voted "no opinion". Three didn't vote at all. And one was yourself. Even if you, the three who didn't vote, and you managed to sway the last 2, it would still have been an 8-to-6 majority.

To sum it all up, you weren't really a "team player" on the staff. You rarely showed up and the few times you did it was to cause trouble or drama, like this post right here.

Before October 31st of last year we didn't have an active admin on this site. Demoting him was one of the things I did within the first week, as well as any other mod hadn't signed on since September 2012.

It's rather telling that the topic where we had the vote was posted on the 30th, the order carried out on the 2nd, and you only just now gotten wind of it on the 6th.

Again, the staff isn't here to make you (specifically) feel good. The staff is here to make sure the forum runs efficiently, and it runs best when we don't have you holding up traffic being the only guy to vote against everything.

New Rules:

I completely disagree with the first statement - the only period of inactivity I have had has been in the run up to exams, once again, no one has noted what I said about the Reports - there simply weren't any for me to address. What could I do? Am I supposed to conjure reports myself out of thin air? I'd also like to note that I don't vote against everything - there were some things we agreed on. And surely a single person typing a post against you isn't going to slow things down. Really? Are you that petty, that you think someone *shock-horror* disagreeing with you reduces efficiency. My my, someone clearly hasn't been taught about constructive criticism. Disagreeing with something and trying to convince others of your correctness is not obstructionism - it's called arguing. It happens in all good governments everywhere. And ultimately I never stopped you doing anything. Once again, it's just my "words" being "hurtful" and somehow magically impeding things, as though they're made of something physical as opposed to being what they are - ideas and thoughts. And on another note, you've just revealed that the entire process of getting rid of a moderator happened without you informing them in one day more than a week. 

On another note, I completely agree with your closing statement - I point you to this essay I wrote a while on the subject: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/245879-on-balance/. Who the hell has the right to decide what cards are bad and what cards are good? Isn't the point of making cards is that you are exercising freedom?

EDIT: Why do Koko and Black get to apologize for the inactivity and then be absolutely fine? What makes me any different?

You can't really be this fucking illiterate, right? You weren't demoted just for being inactive. You were being demoted for being a drama queen, which you're actually still doing in this very topic.

I can't help but think that this has something to do with the fact that I'm the only dissenting voice in the Mod Forums

This is literally exactly the reason I gave.

"Second of all, you always go against the majority of the staff, even for things we put to a vote. You claim it's playing "devil's advocate", you're just being an obstructionist." - Hatcher

Your opinion does not trump the opinion of 13 others, yet you keep behaving like it does.

If you were as inactive as you were, most of us probably probably wouldn't care because you got along with everyone.

If you were extremely argumentative, most of us probably wouldn't care as long as you were active enough so that we could get a dialogue going.

Combine inactivity and being a devil's advocate and you're both sides of awful. You were removed because you had both bad traits. It wasn't just one that brought you down, it was both. If you need me to explain it again, make a topic elsewhere or PM me. I will no longer respond in this topic.

Well, we're working on a guide to explain power levels, flavor and design in the easiest ways possible. Do you guys think this'll help you and help clear up the point that Pika brought up?

I'll reserve my judgment until I see the guide.

On an unrelated note, why not make a (stickyed!?) "best of" topic? For being stickied you get some amount of points, if someone else nominates your topic they get a small amount of points as well. Long time members are happy because they get points. Card makers are happy because they get recognition. Noobs are happy because they see examples of what counts as good. Mods are happy because noobs are getting less retarded. Everybody wins.

On an unrelated note, why not make a (stickyed!?) "best of" topic? For being stickied you get some amount of points, if someone else nominates your topic they get a small amount of points as well. Long time members are happy because they get points. Card makers are happy because they get recognition. Noobs are happy because they see examples of what counts as good. Mods are happy because noobs are getting less retarded. Everybody wins.

I don't really wish to get into your personal admin drama thing, so instead I'm just gonna focus on this. Is your intention to sticky the cards, or is it a topic which is always stickied that have the best of cards?

This, just this. I mean, acting like if "overpowered" cards don't exist in the forum would be terrible. Bad designs would still exist and members wouldn't be enforced to make it better. I think every thread should be treat like equal. For that to work, we need an a standard that would mostly never exist.

However, the thing that bothers me the most is the lack of useful comments. Somehow, someway, from last year, when I started being inactive due career issues, to now, I've seen less "useful" comments in this section. Don't get me wrong, I haven't been that active in RC, still I get to read some threads and see what the section can offer, but I see a lack of comments. I remember a time where the idea of RC being for cards that would have an immediate impact IRL.

Naturally it would be one topic. A "best of" topic, so at least mods (or other people!?) could give an example of what they think the best cards of the... day? (month? Week?) are.

I don't know, but giving the choice to everyone could be wrong, so wrong. I guess that the most active users have the right to choose a "best of". Just an idea.

Archived