Character Deck Tournament FOUR [Congrats on victory, RUA!]

Welcome fellows once again to the Character Deck Tournament. For those who don't know what this is, it's a tournament where you play as a character from the anime or manga, using mostly just their cards. The more specific rules are listed below. This will be a Double Elimination style tournament, and all decks lists must be sent to me for confirming. Deck lists are due to me by June 22nd.

The Rules:

- Only up to two people can be each character.

- At least 16 of your cards must be cards your character has played, including copies, in their Main Deck from the anime or manga. Other Characters require 21. (Since most of them right now only need 16, this is the way it will be phrased, though ideally 21 is the number you want to aim for)

- MST, Heavy Storm, Dark Hole, Monster Reborn, Power Bond, Limiter Removal, and "Omni Heroes" are excluded from counting as "character cards".

- Stick to a character theme as closely as possible. It is okay to have secondary engines, but the other cards in your deck should not operate exclusively without your Character cards. (Ex. Running an Elemental Dragon deck with some Character cards thrown in as opposed to playing a Mermail deck with some of Shark's cards, or using a Laval deck with some of Jack's cards in it.)

- Allowed a side deck consisting of no more than 5 cards your Character doesn't use, in addition to any number of cards they do use. You can never side out to have less character cards in your deck than before.

- The Extra Deck may include a maximum of THREE cards not in the character's Extra Deck unless otherwise stated, including copies. Of these three cards, at least 1 of them must be different than the others.

- A deck may contain a max of 1 copy of 2 of the following cards, but not all 3: Monster Reborn, Dark Hole, and Heavy Storm

Example of the base for a Character deck. The remaining open slots can be any other cards within the guidelines, whether or not the character used them.

Cards currently restricted or banned from use:

Black Luster Soldier – Envoy of the Beginning (BANNED)

"Elemental Dragon" cards (BANNED)

Elemental HERO The Shining (BANNED)

Elemental HERO Absolute Zero (BANNED)

Exodia the Forbidden One (BANNED)

Number 11: Big Eye (BANNED)

Characters who are currently banned from use:

Anyone without at least a large enough card pool to use 25 of their cards in the main deck.

Yusei Fudo

Paradox

Crow Hogan

Kyosuke Kiryu

Any other characters from ZeXal

The following characters are playable. They are linked with the cards you can use for them

Yugi Muto (Need 21 Character cards.)

Seto Kaiba (Need 21 Character cards)

Maximillion Pegasus (May use 5 Extra Deck cards not theirs)

Mai Valentine (May use one of each Harpie Lady #1, 2, 3 as Character cards.)

Jaden Yuki (Need 21 Character cards)

Chazz Princeton (Need 21 Character cards)

Syrus Truesdale (Need 21 Character cards. Steam Gyroid counts as Vehicroid, cannot use Power Bond/Limiter Removal on Cyber Dragon fusions)

Atticus Rhodes (Must use Red-Eyes B. Dragon. Can use Metalmorph as a character card)

Jack Atlas (Need 21 Character cards. Stardust counts as a Character card)

Velian Crowler (Need 21 Character cards)

Akiza Izinski (Need 21 Character cards. Stardust counts as a Character card)

Tetsu Trudge (Gaia Knight the Force of Earth is a Character card)

Sayer (Psychic Lifetrancer is a Character card)

Carly Carmine

Rua + Ruka (Need 21 Character cards)

Tron (Need 21 Character cards [Includes Numbers Owned] Can only use 1 non-Character card in ED)

Shark

Austin O'Brein (No Level Limit Area - B or Gravity Bind)

Jesse Anderson (Need 21 Character cards. Crystal Raigeki and Crystal Blessings count as character cards)

Tyranno Hassleberry (No Laggia)

Zane (Cannot use Power Bond or Limiter Removal on Cyber Dragon fusions)

Participants

Username/DN/Character/Deck Submitted

AznKvn/Kvn523/Tron/Yes

~British Soul~/silversalamence11/Jack Atlas/No

Dwarven King/Dwarven King/Jaden Yuki/Yes

BailasGale/BailasGale/Seto Kaiba/Yes

Man In A Tree/Bringerofcake/Rua/Yes

Loyalist/Chrisl123/Syrus Truesdale/Yes

★ 247 - No Br'Aix ★/AixDivadis/Shark/No

vla1ne/vlaine-batteryman-/Akiza Izinski./Yes

Bracket

[spoiler="Bracket"]charafour.png[/spoiler]

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I guess you're doing the deck check this time.

Might be a weird idea, but can I enter as Reggie MacKenzie?

I really don't think that would be a good idea. Especially with easily summoned boss monsters, Kristya, and Mirror Force, I don't know that would be fair. I will be checking decks, though since I'm not participating. If you want to make a test deck and duel me, I might MAYBE change my mind.

Can Tetsu get some leeway in terms of Extra deck. His main extra deck monster is banned? Also is Gauche able to be used?

I still don't think Gauche should be played, but as said before, I would be willing to test against any decks to make a decision on them.

As far as Gauche goes, I have been thinking that I might give him some kind of ED bonus since Goyo is banned. I'll think of something.

EDIT: I think I will make Gaia Knight, The Force of Earth a character card for him. Either that or bump his ED to 5.

Just updating to let you guys know there's 5 days left to submit your decks and 4 left to change characters if you don't like your choice.

Also, if you will, please check out the Character Deck "Format" thread in the Banlists section and vote, as your votes will help me decide on what to do for the next tournament. You can also speak up on any issues or ideas you might have.

Archived