Yugioh: Return of the Numbers! (OOC/STARTED/ACCEPTING/PG-13/CO-HOSTED BY GENDO IKARI)

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name: Doc Jones

Affiliation: Other: (A timid young man with no affiliation-- any faction might end up becoming allies with him.)

Appearance: Doc Jones is a tallish, lanky, pale man with deep blue eyes, and shoulder-length black hair. Garbed in a white business shirt with black pants, he's quite well dressed-- almost professional, if he didn't stumble around a lot to keep his footing, showing that he can often be clumsy.

The fact that he drinks frozen slush drinks so regularly and still remains thin as he is, one would probably assume he has an amazing metabolism. One would be absolutely correct in this assumption.

He has a sturdy, rectangular locket on his neck, locked with a key he keeps in a secret pocket in his shirt at all times. This locket is made out of a very sturdy light blue plastic or alloy of some sort, and is resistant to brute force. One would have to have the key, or be very proficient at lockpicking to get at whatever's inside. Inside is the key to his store, a 1st edition "Slushy" card. While he has a more conventional key to the store, this can be used as a backup in case he loses it. Some say he's hiding something else in there, too.

Personality: He's a timid man(as stated before), who has worked his entire life in his family's convenience store, which he inherited recently. He's very proud of the work he does, but sometimes wishes convenience stores were seen more than a quick pit-stop. He's completely untrusting of Number cards-- no cliche or bland history about it, he's just heard tales of people 'going mad with the power'. He's also read in old books, how people have 'picked up blank cards and a Number appeared formed from their desires', or something like that. To be honest, he doesn't feel comfortable winning a duel using a card that was made FROM someone else.

While he is easily frightened or shocked, he attempts to be courteous to others, as it was a family value he was raised with-- something you really need if you want to run a small business.

He is deeply offended whenever people ask if "Doc" is his real first name. It is, and the fact that people would have to ask is kind of a sore spot for him.

History: Doc Jones(named after his grandfather on his mother's side, who was a successful doctor), was raised into his father's business of the convenience store "Palace of Jones". As such, he's cunning with business, but always gives the other person a fair deal, and is courteous to people, on or off of work. His family lives in the basement of their shop, which they've turned into a fairly nice living quarters. He's lived a fairly uneventful life, to be honest. But he's always had a passion for Dueling, and that leads us to one of the only notable events of his life-- he wrote a heartfelt letter to a card designer, asking him to help him combine his two passions. The designer proceeded to create the 'Convenient' Archetype. Jones was mailed three copies of each card, excluding Xyz Monsters-- he only got one copy of those, each. While other duelists can buy booster packs, there's two cards he seldom talks about, which only he got. He hides this secret as best he can, holding the cards on a locket on his neck, along with his key to the convenience store-- (which is in the form of an old 1st Edition "Slushy" card, as stated before). He protects this locket with his life, as he believes the world is "not yet ready to see these cards".

Deck Type: He plays the 'Convenient' archetype, an archetype that attempts to quickly Xyz summon with low level monsters and manage to maintain card advantage. They can tutor one another out, and change levels-- their drawback is their lousy stats-- even their Xyz monsters have lackluster attack. To make up for it, they have stellar effects.

Number (if applicable): Not applicable. He doesn't trust Numbers-- especially ones created through someone else. Perhaps he'd change his mind if there was a viable way of synthesizing artificial Number cards, or if he happened upon a blank Number himself. Generally speaking, he's not interested.

Well, people might notice the slight glow of bluish-green energy coming from one of the poorer spots of town.

Also, I updated the Cardex on my page with the custom cards.

And if you get the references in Kathy and Vince, you get a rep.

Furthermore, StarYuma, this is the second violation of the Advanced Clause I have seen from you.

You are posting your dialogue like a script, which is against the rules of this roleplay and this site's roleplaying forums.

You know some of the OC cards i see here are OP, For example large box and small box is a direct +1 and you get to recycle 3 cards.

Also, can i make another character? (Number Hunter)

And another thing, what if someone takes a turn but then i want to respond to an action he did, what happens then?

You know some of the OC cards i see here are OP, For example large box and small box is a direct +1 and you get to recycle 3 cards.

Also, can i make another character? (Number Hunter)

And another thing, what if someone takes a turn but then i want to respond to an action he did, what happens then?

Well for your first point it is up to the host to determine if customs are broken of not.

Second when it comes to PvP duels usually the players work out the schematics of such things in a PM. Note there should be a fair level of damage taking and one person shouldn't have answers to everything.

And if you get the references in Kathy and Vince, you rep.

The bounty hunting duo from Samurai Jack?

Well for your first point it is up to the host to determine if customs are broken of not.

Second when it comes to PvP duels usually the players work out the schematics of such things in a PM. Note there should be a fair level of damage taking and one person shouldn't have answers to everything.

The bounty hunting duo from Samurai Jack?

Sadly, no. It's an older reference.
But yes, it's up to the hosts.
Now, who is using these "broken" cards?

Archived