The Grand Crossover RP - Pathway to Origin [IC/PG-13/Moved to NCM for Finale]

Merci

Alexander (CC) and Alister (TD)/Inside the safe house

"Living With Determination"/Persona 3 OST

"Wulf was Farkas' cousin," Alexander said to Alister when they saw the Moonsworn Archer cradling himself in the other room, sobbing.

"... ... he hates us, doesn't he...?" Alister uttered, feeling guilty for having to, essentially, put Wulf down.

"No," Umbris replied, "Farkas knew what had to be done, but still... he's lost Wulf, and he even considered Wolfram a part of his and Wulf's family....  Losing both is... a heavy burden to bear...."

"I know how he feels...," Alex whispered sadly, Alister nodding in agreement.

Russell soon came in from the room that Farkas had confined himself to.  "We're gonna keep an eye on him," he said to the lombaxes and the Panther, "but for now, he really just needs to lie down.  He may be fine once he takes a nap, who knows...."

"Thank you, Rusty," Alexander replied with a nod.  He then turned to Alister and asked calmly, "So... what say you?  You wanna head over to the Castle now?" 

Alister remained silent for a moment, seemingly mulling over his options.  After a while, Alister heaved a sigh and said, "Yes.  I suppose we can't hold this off more much longer. We need to get this show on the road...."

Alexander nodded his agreement, then made his way over to Hermos.  "Master Hermos, I must at least thank you for your hospitali--"

"Wait!!" (BGM Stop) Startled by the sudden outcry, Alex and Alister turned around to see Farkas standing in the doorway of his room, his good eye still appearing weary from his weeping.  He gave a shaky sigh before speaking, in a cracked voice, "... I'm coming with you."  (
) He held a hand up to his heart.  "I... I cannot stay here, not after all that has happened...."

"Farkas...," Russell uttered, placing a hand on the Moonsworn Archer's shoulder.

"Our worlds," Farkas continued, his voice increasing in intensity, "our loved ones... we cannot just stand idly by while they disappear.  I know this may sound cruel for me to say... but we've all grown... rather weak since we've gotten here.  What exactly are we doing here, if not being out there fighting for our worlds?"

"... he's right," Russell admitted, slamming his fist against a wall.  "Farkas is right... we've all grown spineless since we got here, only worried about living to see another day, a day amongst days that we've all lost count of.  And all the while, we've been letting our loved ones down.  That's... that's fu*king bullsh*t!"

The Legendary Knight Hermos hung his head, as if in shame.  "'To Find the Hope Which Long Since Fled"... heh... and yet it was we who decided to flee."

"... ... actually, it makes sense," Alexander replied, looking to Hermos.  "True, all of you have fled from the fates of your worlds, but you all still hold hope in your hearts.  That hope is still there, and it's waiting to be grasped!"

"... you're right," Hermos replied, a light flickering in his eyes. "Our hope was always there."

("Living With Determination" (Reincarnation Mix)/Persona 3)

"Right," Umbris spoke up.  "But, y'know, I much as I'd like to go through such a rousing speech in which everyone gets to have their say, we do need to cut to the chase.  Our hope is not going to realize itself.  So, Alex, you ready to help get this show on the road?"  Alexander's nod was all the answer he needed. "Good.  By the way, I believe you left this behind before," he added, taking Alex's hand placing a brown pouch into its palm.

"My Deck...!" Alex uttered as he examined the contents of the pouch; indeed, inside was the Deck that he had with him for most of his journey with Umbris.

"Just like old times, huh, partner?" Umbris said with a smile as his body became a mass of violet colored energy, which then reformed itself into the shape of a card before inserting itself into Alexander's Deck.  "Hey, if any of you yahoos are coming," Umbris' voice called out from the Deck, "you'd better speak now or forever hold your peace!"

Russell chuckled a bit.  "So, we're gonna be doing this as cards, huh?  I am kinda new to this whole "Being-A-Duel-Monster" thing... but I'm sure I can get the hang of it."  With that, he vanished into Alex's Deck after a brief flash of blue.

"Hey, yeah, I'm comin' wit' you guys, too!" Marzell said as he got up.  "Hey, Sam! You comin' along?"

Sam Hainz, the genetically altered Psychic human-turned-wolfman, gave a half-smile as he shook his head.  "Sorry, mate, but I've got a wife and kid ter 'ave a look after 'ere. Don't cop us wrong, right, I'd come along wiv the bloomin' rest of yer in an 'eartbeat, but, Oi!, be sure ter give them one for me, awright?"

Marzell gave Sam a thumb's up. "You got it, bro!"

Wildheart nodded as well.  "That's the thing about Heroes of all types, I suppose; no matter who you are, you can't do it on your own."

"I just hope," Farkas said as he, too, prepared to join the others in Alex's Deck, "that we can save our pasts, and our futures."

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Floor 1 E5

Anansi was having a hard time trying to figure out what he should do trying to actually engage the wolf beast in combat. What was fun though was the thought of him being able to hold off the advance of the other good guys. Unfortunately the large furry digimon didn't want to engage in combat. After it dealt with its own slew of hornets he merely shoved Anansi to the side in order  to make his way to some other people. Anansi was going pursue chase but that didn't make any sense. There was no need to rush after a fight in his condition. It didn't matter though he clearly this floor was filled with good guys and Butler would not be enough assistance to take on all of them. Luckily there was it seemed the wolf was not trying to Mmoboro the hornets from being summoned. He merely dealt with them as they came. This was good this would help him make his escape easier. With the only thing now in his way of escaping virtually behind him he took this opportunity to have the Mmoboro swarm alert Butler of his intentions. Alright, let's just get out of here I'm sure we've done enough to protect this soul thing that Isamy is concerned about. But what if the good guys find it. Well I'm sure she's strong enough to keep anyone who'd dare find her at bay.

Ansansi made his way to the nearest exit while Momotia used Dorian's magic to keep summoning Mmoboro in hopes to provide some long distance stalling. 

Floor 1 C5

Butler still in his weird standoff with Foster was getting ready to make his move as the swarm of hornets was coming to surround him. The insects whispered their message in Butler's ear and he turned around to see the massive blue beast coming down the hall. Butler really wanted to engage the creature but he knew that it was beyond his power. With the way that creature was urgently running Butler could tell he was going in search of his master. When a servant is that determined he knows that nothing will get in its way. Butler simply let the beast by without any form of confrontation. After it passed he knew his purpose for once this leg of the journey was done he would have to get better. And this also knew his target for the next time the two factions crossed paths. Butler decided to leave Foster to his own devices and ran back to his master. Butler instantaneously noticed his Master's state and rolled his eyes letting out a deep sigh. There was nothing he could do now but figure what it was that knocked his Master out. 

Anansi punched a hole through the castle wall so that the two bodies could make their escape. While outside they could see Arthur in the distance fighting the two warriors but they decided to just make do with themselves. Butler called forth two void creature steeds that the two would use to ride in the distance.

On the Inch of Will:

The doors opened to reveal a long, narrow section before reaching what used to be a two-seater cockpit with the seats back-to-back, but now had one seat with holographic displays around it. Blinking indicators displayed the various armaments of the ship. One said "CANNONS" while another had "MISSILES", and a third displayed "NONCON".

Far Below the Inch of Will and Far Away from Castle Necrophades:

Itsu looked up to see her ship struggling against the oncoming dragon and took her attention away from her captive, wondering if she should risk it to go save her friend.

Castle Necrophades, Floor 1, Sector C5:

Foster continued to avoid Butler's attacks, until suddenly, the strange man saw a massive blue creature, and retreated, along with his energy-based buddies. Foster fist-pumped and grinned happily. "Aww, yeah! We won this one!" He briefly searched around before finding to his new colleagues. "Now, will you help me with something? A friend of mine wants to drop something big in the Castle to blow it up. I need to clear a path for her. You guys willing to give me some assistance?"

Itsu grimaced as her captive vanished, and she went over to Sarah to help her out, raising Foster on the comms. "Foster, belay the previous plan. Get as many people out of the castle as possible."

Castle Necrophades, Floor 1, Sector E1:

Foster frowned as he heard this, and activated a control on his omnitool to allow the speakers to be on. "But me and some others are already in pretty deep. And you want us to extract?"

Itsu looked back at the castle and the activity there, an expression of worry on her face. "I've got a bad feeling aboiut this..."

Arthur - F1 E4 | MachGaogamon - F1 D5

As Arthur rounded the corner, the hornet swarm made its way to him. The Void Drake breathed a gust of wind while the Void Fox's hands were surrounded with flames, the two creatures trying to clear a path for Arthur. Soon, the boy saw his Digimon companion fighting someone Arthur recognized from Isamy's throne room, but they had left, no doubt to inform the rest of the Divine of MachGaogamon's treachery, and no doubt Arthur would be labeled as an accomplice. MachGaogamon looked around to see Arthur, and rushed to him, performing a Gaoga Tornado to scatter the hornets. The Digimon shielded Arthur with his body, taking the brunt of the swarm's attacks.

"Have you made a choice on whether you'll join the Counter Corps?" MachGaogamon asked.

"This isn't the time!" Arthur protested.

"Then what would be?"

Arthur looked past MachGaogamon, and pointed to the ceiling. "When we get through that."

MachGaogamon looked at the ceiling, then back at Arthur. "Are you serious?"

Arthur nodded. "Unless you got a better idea, yes."

MachGaogamon sighed and scooped up Arthur with one hand, and held his free one above himself. "Hang on." MachGaogamon's rocket booster fired up, propelling him forward as he burst through the ceiling. The two of them appeared outside the castle, with another wall right in front of them.

"Don't go too high up just yet," Arthur suggested. "We should check ever level, just to be sure."

"Right." MachGaogamon kicked the wall down, all the while the three void creatures followed after MachGaogamon, fighting back any of the hornets that followed them.

"Take care of the bugs," Arthur told them. "Meet back up with us as soon as you can."

MachGaogamon sat Arthur down on the ground while the void creatures went behind. "Always leaving them behind, aren't you?"

"They'll be back. They made it back after I sent them across the river."

"Now that we're here, I suppose I can tell you that there is someone who defeated them earlier."

"That girl who was freezing the river?"

MachGaogamon nodded. "Her name is Eria. She was the first of the Counter Corps who accepted me on their side. After that, I fought Jecht."

Arthur turned when MachGaogamon mentioned Jecht. "Jecht? Why you'd go after him?!"

"He didn't take kindly to my… betrayal."

"That's exactly what I was afraid of!"

"What aren't you afraid of, you coward?!" Arthur froze at MachGaogamon's words. "Why did you join the Divine? Why do you want to play God with our universe?"

"I wanted… I wanted to merge Earth with the Digital World."

"So you wouldn't have to choose, is that it? Just solve all your problems by throwing them all together and hoping it works out? And what about Ogudomon? Are you willing to let such an evil loose on the other humans?"

"But I got the Digivice repaired! You can be stronger - we can be stronger - for the next time we fight it!"

"Then why not just wish for a world where Ogudomon didn't exist?"

Arthur held the Digivice tight in his hands. "Please, MachGaogamon. I just… I don't want to lose you."

MachGaogamon scoffed, heading down the hallway. "Unless you finally understand what you're doing, you will." MachGaogamon stepped forward, but took one last look at Arthur. "Come on."

Arthur followed behind MachGaogamon, dreading Jecht's wrath, and curious about this Eria girl. MachGaogamon's words stung, and sooner or later, he'd have to give him an answer. He had left Sora down below, but maybe Sora could handle himself. Of course, that's exactly what Arthur thought when he abandoned Camp Half-Blood, and when he left the three void creatures behind. Always leaving people to fend for themselves, that's what Arthur was doing. It was a miracle that with all the power spread across the two sides that Arthur had survived this long. He had MachGaogamon to thank for that, but if MachGaogamon was going to abandon Arthur, then who else could he count on? Who would welcome him? Maybe, just people, the Counter Corps would be far more forgiving than the Divine…

Current location: F2 E3

Eria - F4 B1

While Eria couldn't forgive Frankram for turning her into a "sexy" rabbit girl, she couldn't help but giggle she noticed Jin suffering a similar transformation to her. However, the thought made her slap herself across the face. "That's mean~pyon! Not deserves that~pyon! Well, except maybe Frankram himself~pyon. He deserves a taste of his own medicine~pyon."

Eria continued her path, running away from thinking about Jin, and moving closer to where she sensed Gagagigo. As she rounded the corner, she saw something, but gasped at the horror of the sight. She could have sworn that it was Gagagigo, but the reptilian creature was covered in golden armor, and it's hulking form made its green scales reflect a shade of red. A device was attached to its head, and it sparked, seemingly in a response to a controller in the hands of the troll-like man held by the creature. Eria held her staff closer to her chest, divining the creature's soul, but fell to the ground as she realized the horrible truth.

"Your soul~pyon… You… You can't be Gagagigo~pyon! You can't~pyon!" She grasped at the bunny ears, trying to tear them off of her head. "What happened you~pyon? I missed you~pyon." Tears ran down her face, and moving her staff as much as she could, freezing the rampaging monster's feet. Eria rose to her feet and rose the ice up to its ankles, trying to freeze Gagagigo no matter how in vain her attacks were. "Don't make me do this~pyon."

Current location: F4 C1

As Riley finally got to the cockpit, he had sat himself down at the control panel, before observing the HUD and the panel closely. He was certain he didn't need to fire both the cannons and the missiles at the Void Dragon to get it down to a weakened state, and he had no idea what this "NONCON" did. As Riley was trying to find the Void Dragon's health bar on the HUD, he heard a crunching sound; presumably by the Void Dragon having bitten off a chunk of Inch of Will. He wasn't too concerned though; in truth, that would only help Riley's escape come to fruition once he actually made it. But that was for another time.

"To hell with it, let's see what these cannons can do," said Riley as he pressed the button labelled "CANNONS".

"Ugh..." Sarah muttered as she finally stirred into consciousness, "I need a drink,"

Sarah then slowly got up on her feet... only to realize that everyone else had pretty much gone inside the castle. She couldn't even find Itsu; although that was probably only because she was as blind as a bat. Still, at least she was right in nothing the disappearance of Xeta.

"Wait, where's our lil' prisoner at?" Sarah asked no-one in particular, before realizing that she had gotten a bleeding nose from Riley, "And who the funk had the balls to kick me in the funking face?! The hell did I do to deserve all this bullshit, huh?"

Jin Akatsuki. F4-A1

The attempt to get his hands on the device used to moefy Jin and Erie had ended in failure, as Frank seemingly desummoned it. Any hope of returning what he'd dealt to him had ended now that the device was nowhere in sight. As Jin's follow up attack proceeded, Frank somehow teleported away, appearing on the wall several feet away from Jin. He can use space/time abilities like Marta? he thought. Judging from the surprised look on his face though, his space/time abilities weren't working the way they were supposed to either though. At the very least, Jin now knew he didn't have to worry too much about this guy warping in an out of everywhere.

As Jin prepared his next attack, Frank started doing something somewhat strange. It looked like an incantation of some sort, but Jin had never heard of it before. Then again, this man was from a different universe, so it made sense he'd use a spell Jin never heard of. In an attempt to cut off the spell, Jin launched a series of Infernity Roars in Franks direction. As they were about to strike him though, the scientist completed his spell, and released several chains that cut through Jin's attacks.

A smirk appeared across Jin's face. Using Chaos Sight, Jin was able to read which way the chains would move, and where they'd strike. So, as Jin advanced towards Frank, he managed to dodge and weaving through the chains, cutting a few that got two close with Shukuro, but missing the last chain one as it cut his wing, causing Jin to crash to the floor as it did. When he looked back to check his injury, he was somewhat shocked to see his wings involuntarily receding into his back. So that was an anti-angel or anti-demon attack... Looks like Enhance won't help me much more here. He can't dodge all my attacks though. I know I'm faster.

Getting back to his feet, Jin dashed forward, stopping behind the scientists, and summoning Form 5 then aimed to cut the scientists back clean open with the scythe. He could have just killed Frank, Jin was definitely fast enough; but he still needed Frank to reverse the moefication. That aside, as far as Jin could tell, Frank was a human. Out of everything he did, Jin made it a personal rule not to kill humans.

Kozaky the Mad, F4-C2

HOTD - Saeko no Yami

What a strange girl this blue haired sorceress was. Somehow she looked familiar to Kozaky, but for whatever reason he couldn't quite place it. Maybe it was the glasses, ears, and tail thing. For whatever reason though, she attempted to talk to Kozaky's servant. Calling him Gagagigo and saying how she missed him. Ridiculous! No project of Kozaky's could be missed? Nor did it matter if it was.

As Gogiga Gagagigo advanced, Eria had attempted to halt him by freezing his feet. "Nope! Nope! Nu-uh! Won't work! He's too strong!" Kozaky cackled as Eria tried in vain to halt her former friend. The ice that had been meant to stop the lizard shattered as he lifted his feet. Whatever memories he had of Eria were, at this point, long gone. As he continued to cackle, Kozaky tapped a few times on his tablet, then hopped off of Gogiga Gagagigo's shoulder. "You'll make an EXCELLENT replacement for the Inpachi! Yes! Yes! YES! Slave! Crush her body! Damage her! Make her my new toy!"

In response, the lizard twitched it's head several times, then roared as it brought it's fist towards Eria. In it's eyes, there was no regret. No fear. The only emtion that the poor creature felt was whatever it's master told him to feel. Right now, he hated Eria, as his master told him to.

Alexander (CC) and Alister (TD)/Leaving the Safe House

"I would join with you as well," Hermos admitted as he saw the two lombaxes on their way, "but it would seem that you already possess a Guardian Monster. Red Dragon Archfiend, I believe?" Alexander nodded. "As such, having two Monsters with you of such power may be more of a hindrance to you than a help; you wouldn't be able to handle the combined power.

"Even so," Hermos continued, "I must also remain here, to protect the rest of the refugees alongside my brothers. It's through our protective wards that this safe house still stands."

"Understood," Alexander nodded. "You do whatever you can for these people, we can only hope to do the same on our mission." Alexander then turned to his side and made a swiping motion his his hand; before him, a dimensional rift opened up. "'K, Alister, let's go," Alexander chimed as he grabbed the General by the arm, dragging him toward the portal.

Hermos seemed a bit hesitant with this. "Err, are you sure you want to do that?... ... and, they're gone," he sighed out as the two lombaxes disappeared from sight along with the portal. He then turned to re-enter the safe house, stopping only once to look up at the skies. "... our future... may its salvation be in your hands."

Jeanne (CC)/Castle Necrophades Interior (Floor 2, A5-6)/Confronting some bizarre orange tentacle... thing

"Did you say something?" Jeanne uttered to Darcy upon hearing a voice resonate in her head. This distracted her long enough for Darcy to hit her with two dark orbs. Upon being hit, however, Jeanne's body appeared to disperse into a cloud of fluttering moths. Upon reforming, time began to slow down for Jeanne, along her to catch a glimpse of Darcy performing what appeared to be a duplication spell... or was it more of an illusory spell? Somewhat hard to tell, really, but it barely mattered to her. That was, until the Darcys blasted one of the cell cages open, then seemingly turning tail after firing another barrage of orbs at Jeanne.

"... to the left!" she thought to herself, drawing out her sword Angel Slayer and, with one swipe, managed to dissolve the real Darcy's attack. Still, she was pretty close to kicking herself for not seeing through Darcy's illusion sooner, which had allowed the young witch to make her escape... but just then, she had another problem to deal with. Sidestepping just in time to avoid an orange tentacle that had lashed at her from inside the cage, Jeanne took up a defensive stance, her fierce facial expression only serving to cover up her disgust at the sight. "Ugh, tentacles... Why did it have to be tentacles? I swear, I'm going to gut that b!tch!"

Just then, a rather insidious thought came to Jeanne, a way of getting a bit of payback.  With a snap of her fingers, Jeanne called out one of Madama Styx's limbs to grab at the orange tentacle... things.  "Don't crush them," she said to Styx as the Demoness shook her hand in disgust, the tentacles having wrapped themselves around her palm and fingers.  "They're going to be our little gift to that--"  Just then, Jeanne felt vibrations, possibly from this same floor.  "What was that...?  Oh, fu*k it, let's just get on with it."  With that, Jeanne began to run down the only hallway leading out, Styx's arm floating close-by.  She was hoping that the other witch did not get too far, and that she would be the next individual she would come across.

Ending location: Floor 2, C4

Alexander (CC) and Alister (TD)/Emerging from the other side of the portal

"... Alexander...?"

"... yes, Al?"

"... you did intend on getting us to the castle, right?" Alister asked, shooting Alex a stern look.

"Indeed, I did," Alex replied taking a moment to turn away from Alister's glare and look down; the two lombaxes had indeed reached the castle... and yet they were at least a thousand feet in the air directly above it. "... I'll admit, though, this is a lovely view--"

"ALEX, THIS IS NO TIME TO BE FUNNY!!!!!" Alister yelled out as he and Alexander were finally rediscovered by gravity and began to plummet to the castle below.

Alister, thinking quickly, grabbed a suddenly frantic Alexander and draped him across his shoulders before activating his hoverboots, slowing down their descent.  "Alexander, I swear if we die because of you, I'm seriously going to kill you... wait a second...."

"Love you too, Alister," Alex replied in an endearing yet snide manner.

"WILL. YOU. STOP. TALKING?!?!" Alister yelled at the other lombax.  "Cease talking before I drop you--!"  Alister himself ceased his tirade as a roar echoed faintly nearby.  The source of the roar, a Void Dragon, emerged from within a black cloud, its gaze fixed on the two lombaxes hovering before it.

Alex and Alister could only stare back in horror before uttering a unified, "... oh, sh*t...."

Arthur & MachGaogamon - F2 E3

Arthur sighed, looking up at MachGaogamon. "I think you and I need a few more minutes apart. You go on ahead."

MachGaogamon nodded reluctantly. "Agreed." MachGaogamon took a few steps back, going behind Arthur, and punched through the ceiling again.

The rubble began to fall, but Arthur looked behind him to see his three void creatures flying behind him, with the Void Daemon levitating the rubble and moving it in the space where MachGaogamon first reached the second floor, and suddenly the wall and the rubble merged together, effectively repairing the wall, blocking off the hornets from following them, while the Fox and and the Drake easily took down the ones that had followed them. Arthur gestured towards his creatures and took a step forward. "Come on."

Current location: F2 D3

MachGaogamon - F3??

MachGaogamon arrived on the third floor, taking a deep breath. The power from Arthur's Digivice was still flowing through him, but it was not enough. The person he fought on the first floor was clearly powerful, and who knows what other tricks the people among the Divine had. It seemed that quite a number of them found him to be pretty strong, but others seemed rather indifferent, as if they weren't intimidated by his large form. It wasn't really a surprise, considering other Digimon he fought in the past. He thought of Lucemon, who had the face of a human, but he was a force to be reckoned with, and was the leader of the Seven Demon Lords for a very good reason. Even Lilithmon, who was the only other Demon Lord who looked anything close to human, was extremely powerful, but still had to report to Lucemon. But none of that mattered, since all of the Demon Lords became one being. MachGaogamon clenched his fists, thinking back on how he failed everyone, including Arthur.

Current location: F3 B3

Eria - F4 C2

Eria rolled to dodge Gagagigo's punch, but tripped. Eria took her high heels and snarled. "Ooh, I hate these things~pyon!" She threw the heels at Gagagigo's face and looked at the little troll who seemed to want Eria to replace Inpachi. "You were controlling that robot~pyon?" Eria asked. She ran towards Kozaky, trying to avoid Gagagigo, swinging her staff and summoning a tide of water to knock Kozaky back, and hopefully force him to drop his tablet. "GIVE ME MY FRIEND BACK~PYON!"

MachGaogamon - F3 B3

"Is that why he's like this?" MachGaogamon asked himself. "If I was just a little stronger, could I have saved him." MachGaogamon pounded his fists together, and sighed. "He wants me to Digivolve, but it's not that simple." MachGaogamon's train of thought was cut short by the sound of something rampaging on the floor above. "Higher and higher, I guess. Arthur, just promise me we'll make it out of here alive." MachGaogamon looked back at the ceiling and started up his rockets once more, about to break through to the next floor.

Matthew Supplex-Just Outside Castle Entrance

He could hear it now, the sound of fighting and brawling in the distance. Matthew still wasn't sure what side he could be on, but what he did know was that he was wasting time here. "Ifrit." Matthew said to the flaming beast, the beast only snarlling. "I'll be taking my leave, do your best to finish the boy; though you only have a small amount of time left." The beast snarled again and Matthew opened up the cylinder on his revolver to manually remove the empty shell and replace it with another. There are only a few of these, best to not use anymore unless needed Matthew thought and pointed the revolver to his own head. "Orevwa." Matthew shot himself, and within that one revolver click, he was back at the castle entrance.

[spoiler=Effects]

Matthew cast Teleport on himself.

Kiotso Senju-F4CI

To the credit of his newest minions, Kiotso was now hovering on the side of the castle, feeling the energy from the second ice manipulator. "I do wonder if this ice manipulator is a Necrofrigian, she seemed human, perhaps she is a hybrid." Kiotso rambled, commanding one of his ice dragons to fly high into the sky. Upon its decent, the dragon went into a spin and gained high momentum, changing its flight pattern only once, it was now headed straight towards the wall of the castle. With a crash of magnificent force, the wall was broken, and the power of the crash might be enough to knock down any fighter on the same level as said crash. He walked in, his steps making footprints as the floor was now covered in a fine layer of ice and frost. A second dragon was making its spinning journey back down to the castle's level as Kiotso examined the fighters present on this floor. His first sight was of a  hulking reptilian creature who seemed to posses great strength. He then noticed the ice manipulator had bunny ears. Hm, definitely a hybrid of some sort. He thought, sitting down on the floor, thus allowing him to dodge the incoming dragon attack. This next attack would surely be powerful enough to not only topple any warriors still standing, but also shake the foundations of any hidden hidden rooms that might be about; not that Kiotso had knowledge of such things.

Ed and Emiya continued walking towards the castle while Emiya explained Projection. "Impractical? I'm sure I just showed you that it isn't all that impractical, though the means I did were different, the point sill stands." When he finally offered to teach him, Ed had to nearly stop in his tracks at the mention of the word teach, and almost swore out loud. Oh sh*t, I forgot about Dave! I'm sure me and Emiya can work something out, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Emiya formed another bow upon their arrival at the castle and quickly put it to use by shattering a third floor window with a sword, which at this point, Ed just stopped questioning things. And when Emiya started running up the castle wall, Ed just stared blankly. After Emiya went through the window, it was Ed's turn. He bent his knees and propelled himself with his black flames towards the windows. He cut off the flames in midflight, and since he didn't plan ahead all that much, he sailed through the window, but he managed to roll onto the floor instead of just landing and causing injury to himself and wrecking the inside.

Kozaky the Mad

The ogre laughed wildly as Eria ducked in and out of the attacks thrown by Gogiga Gagagigo, and held tightly to his tablet, even as he was pushed back in Eria's wave. A moment later, Gogiga Gagagigo grabbed Eria by her new bunny ears and swung her around his back, slamming her into wall, then hurling the poor girl through the next wall and into some strange room. As the waves died down, Kozaky peered towards the hole in wonder of what he saw, then began giggling like a mad dog.

Gogiga Gagagigo stepped over the rubble, and continued to advance towards his target. A low growling could be heard from the lizards throat as he walked towards Eria, and eventually stopped to hulk over her. For a second, he did nothing, but then Kozaky tapped twice more on his tablet, forcing Gogiga Gagagigo to raise his fist and aim it towards Eria, not taking note of the surrounding room. Once again though, the lizard stopped, his fist mere centimeters from Eria's face now. "What? What? WHAT!? No! Kill! Crush! Bring me her corpse!" Kozaky tapped furiously at the tablet, causing Gogiga Gagagigo to twitch several times, then slap Eria towards the opposite wall.

Eria - F4 C2

Eria cried out in pain as Gagagigo pulled on her ears before throwing her against the wall. The force with which he threw caused a hole to form, while Eria lied on the ground unconscious, unable to lift a finger. Her staff had fallen out of her hands and lied on the ground, broken in two. When Gagagigo slammed her against the wall, Eria didn't react, as all she could do was bleed all over. Blood seeped from her face, arms, and legs, and she continued to bleed while Gagagigo relentlessly attacked her.

Just then, the floor of the castle began to rumble before MachGaogamon burst through right where Kozaky stood, knocking him back. Kozaky landed on the left side and turned, seeing Gagagigo holding Eria against the wall. MachGaogamon looked at Eria, recognizing her blue hair, and in spite of all the blood, he could still remember her face. MachGaogamon was horrified to see her like that. "Howling Cannon!" he roared, sending a sonic blast towards Gagagigo. He immediately followed this up with saying "Winning Knuckle," punching Gagagigo repeatedly. Eria's body fell to the ground, and MachGaogamon pushed Gagagigo further into the secret room, lifting the reptile off its feet, squeezing its chest. "I will show you the same mercy you showed Eria."

Jeanne (CC)/Castle Necrophades Floor 2, C4/Currently looking for Darcy. Madama Styx is holding the orange tentacle... thing.

"Jeanne," Madama Styx's voice rang through Jeanne's head, "I fear that our time in this location is running short."

"Your point?" Jeanne snapped, still tiffed about how Darcy made a fool of her (even though no one else was watching).

"Perhaps, instead of seeking petty, juvenile vengeance, we could use this opportunity for something more... productive."

Jeanne was close to snapping back at Styx, but in her heart, she knew that the Demoness had a point. Why must she lower herself to that bit--er, witch's level, just to get some cheap satisfaction? Jeanne was better than that, and Styx knows it. "Dammit, Styx, you can be quite the b*tch," Jeanne finally uttered with a half-smirk, "but I'd be damned if you were never right. So be it, then." Jeanne took a moment to look up at the ceiling. "Instead of lowering our standards, why don't we start to rise above it?"

"So, does this mean I can be rid of this loathsome creature?" Madama Styx asked, shaking her visible hand again which was still crawling with tentacles.

"Hold on to it," Jeanne replied, much to Styx's mortification. "There may yet be a use for it. Now, let's go!" With an unspoken command, Jeanne ordered Madama Styx to punch a hole in the ceiling using her free hand, which Jeanne swiftly jumped through. "Again!" One more punch, one more jump, and Jeanne was now at the Fourth Floor of the castle. Catching a glimpse of the action before her, in which a mechanical humanoid lizardman pummeling the defenseless Water Charmer before being tackled by the blue wolfman, Jeanne decided on her action then and there. "Styx! Now!" She called out, pointing not toward the lizardman, but the scientist that she theorized was the lizardman's controller. On her order, Styx flung out her arm (all too eagerly, I may add) and tossed the tentacles toward the scientist, which instantly constricted themselves around him, preventing him from reaching his tablet.

"That should do it," Jeanne uttered with a deep breath before turning her attention to the bleeding girl lying on the floor. In what could be seen by most as an out-of-character moment for her, Jeanne knelt down and cradled the young witch in her arms. Just then, her attention was grabbed by a brilliant flash of green seen through the cracks in the ceiling of the castle. "What the bloody hell was that?"

Sayer (TD)/Outside the Castle Walls, "speaking" with Bane's body

"Really now, Bane. Just what am I going to do with you?" Sayer said in a scolding sort of voice pacing back and forth in front of the beheaded body of Bane, his head grasped firmly in one of Sayer's hands, which was being swung back and forth as he walked. "We could have had something special, you and I, but nooooo~, you just had to go and get yourself executed, didn't you? And just look at what happened to your arm," he added, referring to the mangled length of flesh and broken bone that was once a perfectly functional right arm. "I mean, there's absolutely nothing we can do with that. Well, except for maybe this." Reaching into his coat, Sayer pulled out a small, sea grean-colored crystal, which, as if by Sayer's own thoughts, morphed into a razor-sharp rapier. With one swipe, Sayer managed to sever the mangled arm from Bane's corpse.

"Oh, now don't complain, you crybaby," Sayer said with a slight smirk at his own dark sense of humor. "I'm only doing what's best for you, you know. After all, you're going to have to be of some use to me now that you're dead." Taking his crystal rapier, he then stabbed it into the bloody stump where Bane's shoulder would have been. "In fact, I can see this as a bit of a blessing in disguise; now you can be of more use to me dead than you ever were alive." The crystal then began to reform itself, growing into a new arm, all while more crystals began to appear all over Bane's corpse, piercing through the flesh as the headless body seemed to shudder. "Now, stand up for me, please? I wanna get a good look at you." As if a macabre marionette, the corpse suddenly sprung to life--or rather, a crude forgery of life--getting up to its feet with jerking, unstable movements. "Hmm, not bad. Not bad, if I do say so myself," Sayer spoke, admiring his craftsmanship. "What say you, Bane?" he added, holding the severed head of Bane up to eye-level. "... ... oh, what am I saying? Why would I expect a dead-weight like you to be appreciative of such a wondrous, awe-inspiring work of art? Ah, well... what about you?" He turned to look at a Void Creature standing nearby, a curvacious female figure resembling one of the famed Harpie Lady monsters, except with a red, wavy bob-cut and sea green eyes. "Any thoughts you'd like to share... Carla?"

Before he could hear Carla's answer (not that she was capable of giving an intelligible one, in her state), a flash of green light in the sky grabbed Sayer's attention. The amount of energy radiating from that location... he recognized it immediately as the end result of a Synchro Summon. There was another thing he sensed, a familiar presence. Sayer's mouth could not help but to curve into a sadistic, knowing smirk. "Alexander...."

Alexander (CC) and Alister (TD)/Descending on Castle Necrophades (A few moments earlier)

"Curse of Dragon!!" Alexander called out, pulling a card from his Deck; a yellow, serpentine dragon appeared by the two lombaxes, circling around them. "Alister, get on!" The General was all too happy to comply with Alex's request as the two of them jumped onto the back of Curse of Dragon. "Hold on tight!" The Curse of Dragon began to make evasive maneuvers in the skies, all in order to avoid the Void Dragon bearing down on them.

"He's hot on our tail!" Alister yelled as he looked back at the Void Dragon who, despite Curse of Dragon's best efforts, was actually keeping up in spite of its sheer size.

"Maybe if we could distract him somehow," Alexander uttered.

"... wait, I've got it!" Holding his OmniWrench to the skies, Alister began to charge up a large amount of negatively charged energy. As soon as he felt it was at its peak, Alister shot the blast high above them. To his surprise and relief, the Void Dragon took notice of the energy blast and began to soar higher, chasing after it instead of the lombaxes.

"Nice work Alister!!" Alex congratulated the General, giving him a thumb's up. "Now, we may not have much time before the Void Dragon realizes what's up, so we've gotta move fast." With that, Alexander drew yet another card and called forth the creature within: a small, machine-like humanoid with orange plating with what appeared to be a motor for a torso, complete with a rip cord on its front. "Alright, Junk Synchron, you know what you've gotta do. Curse of Dragon, ascend!"

"What are you, insane?!" Alister yelled as the Curse of Dragon heeded Alex's command and began to fly higher, toward the Void Dragon. "You're taking us right to it!!"

"No, I'm not," Alex said bluntly. Without warning, he grabbed Alister by the arm, then threw both himself and Alister off of Curse of Dragon's back, leaving only Junk Synchron as its sole passenger, who proceeded to pull on its rip cord.

"It's up to you now, kid," Alex muttered as he and Alister once again made their free-fall toward the castle. He closed his eyes, as if slipping into a trance.

"Alex?" Alister called out, grabbing on to Alexander by the shoulders. Getting no immediate response, Alister shouted, fearful and louder this time, "Alexander, wake up! ALEX, DAMMIT, OPEN YOUR EYES!!!"

With a start, Alexander suddenly snapped his eyes open, just as the Mark of the Crimson Dragon appeared on his forearm. "Heh, sorry about that," Alexander apologized just as Umbris appeared from Alex's Deck, taking on the form of a winged chimera which caught the two lombaxes, just two-hundred feet above the castle. "Thanks for the save, Umbris."

"Alex, you really need to stop doing that," Umbris said, the snake-like tail giving Alexander a stern glare.

"I know, I know," Alexander muttered apologetically. He then looked up toward the sky, to where Curse of Dragon and Junk Synchron were being pursued by the Void Dragon. His eyes momentarily flashing red, Alexander began reciting:

"The heartbeat of the ruler reverberates as the worlds become one! May the heavens of the new world tremble upon your roar!"

Junk Synchron blinked with a green light as its body vanished, transformed into three glowing green rings that surrounded Curse of Dragon, whose body turned translucent save for five flashing stars.

"Alright, old friend. The time is now." Alexander held up his right arm, the Mark now glowing brilliantly. "Synchro Summon! You whose heart beats and resonates with mine, arise among the new world, Red Dragon Archfiend!"

A bright flash of green burst in the sky, casting the entirety of the Shadow Realm in its glow and even parting the dark clouds in the sky. Through the part in the skies, a black-and-red dragon began to descend on its leathery wings, its golden eyes affixed on the Void Dragon before it. The Void Dragon actually seemed to flinch as the new dragon let out a heaven-shaking roar.

"Unbelievable...," Alister uttered, his eyes wide with awe as he gazed upon Red Dragon Archfiend.

"Now, Red Dragon Archfiend!" Alexander shouted into the skies, his right arm still held up, "Attack and destroy the Void Dragon! Absolute Powerforce!!!"

With another roar, Red Dragon Archfiend dove right toward the Void Dragon, its claws burning with a bright red glow. With one swing, Red Dragon Archfiend's claw collided with the Void Dragon's head, smashing it in completely. Red's momentum continued, flying right through the rest of the Void Dragon's body, splitting it in half. Once the deed was done, Red Dragon Archfiend let out one last roar, proclaiming his victory.

As soon as their adversary was finished, Alex heaved a sigh. "Okay, Umbris, you can put us down," he said to the Neo-Spacian. The chimera-formed panther complied, landing on the roof of the Castle. Once they were on stable ground, Alexander called back Umbris and Red Dragon Archfiend. "So, this is it, huh?" Alexander said as he turned to face Alister, a sad look on his face, knowing what their arrival at the castle meant.

Alister nodded, his back facing Alexander. "Indeed. From here on... you and I are enemies...."

Alexander gave a humming sigh at this.

Alister, too, sighed, getting the gist of what Alex's sigh meant. "Okay, fine...." He held up his hands, using his fingers to make air-quotes: ""Acquaintances-Who-Just-Happen-To-Be-On-Opposite-Sides-Of-A-Major-War"... ... better?" he said as he turned to face Alex, a half-smile on his face. "That doesn't mean I'll be going easy on you, you know."

Alex returned Alister's half-smile. "I'd expect nothing less," he said to the General, hoping that the two of them, when next they meet, would fight with all they've got... if the need for fighting arises, of course. "Well... guess this is good-bye."

"For now," Alister replied, turning to walk away. "... you know, we never did say what we were each fighting for."

"I can only guess what your reason is, though," Alex said. "You... wish to undo your mistake."

Alister gave only a slight, solemn nod to this. "That is correct. My desire is to prevent the tragedy... that I myself had caused. So many lost their lives, many more their home... all because of me."

Alexander gave a slight sigh to this. "Even if it means... undoing all of the good that came afterwards?"

""Good"?" Alister turned to give Alex an incredulous look. "What do you mean by that?"

"I mean Ratchet," Alex replied. "All of the good that he managed to accomplish... are you really sure you want to erase that?"

"Alex," Alister said, walking a bit closer to the other lombax, "if I do this, Ratchet need never have to fight. He can have his family back, his home--"

"And I'm not just talking about the good he has done for our universe," Alexander continued, also stepping towards Alister. "He's done so much for other dimensions, as well. Remove that from the equation, and--"

"Why should I be concerned about the other dimensions?"

"Because, Alister, everything is connected. You undo one thing, and it affects many others."

"Well, I'm not the only one seeking to--"

"Maybe so, but you'd have to realize that for every one of you with good intentions, there's another who would bring nothing but--"

"--nothing but salvation to our worlds, Alexander!"

"Do you really believe that? Are you sure you can trust anyone amongst the Divine?"

"Right now, Alexander, I'd trust them more than you."

"Oh, now, that hurts." By now, the two lombaxes were practically in each others' face, each own glaring the other in the eyes. "Not for nothing, but wasn't that blind trust of yours the reason for your mistake in the first place?"

That last statement was almost like a knife in Alister's heart. Incensed, Alister drew back and struck Alexander across the face. "How... DARE YOU?!"

Alexander barely reacted to being struck, only looking back into Alister's face, his eyes expressing pity for the General. "... I'm sorry, Alister. It had to be said...," Alex replied calmly as a tear fell from his right eye.

Alister's body was practically shaking with rage. He had half a mind to just pummel Alexander right then and there... and yet something in the back of his mind was holding him back from doing so. "... so be it," Alister hissed, anger seething from his mouth. "You and I are done here. Now, get out of here, before I change my mind about letting you leave here unharmed."

"... good-bye, Alister... until next we meet." Alexander calmly walked away from Alister, heading toward the staircase leading down to the fourth floor.

Alister Azimuth's current location: Castle Necrophades Roof

"Alex, are you okay?" Umbris asked, his concerned voice resonating within Alexander's head as he descended the stairs.

"... my father... he struck me... just like that, that one time...." Alexander uttered, a few more tears falling down his face....

His ears picking up on the commotion nearby, Alexander hurried onward toward the source, hastily wiping his eyes as he did. The scene he came upon was a rather horrific one, if only because of the sight of the young Water Charmer covered in her own blood. "Eria!" Alex called out as he rushed over to the Umbra Witch, completely ignoring the tentacle-wrapped scientist and the two beasts fighting each other. "Jeanne, is she alright?!"

"She's taken quite a beating," Jeanne replied, in an unusually calm tone which almost seemed foreign for her, "but she's still breathing at least. I would have done something to help her, but...."

Acting quickly, Alexander rummaged through his Deck for something that could help to ease the Water Charmer's pain. He came across one such card, "Gift of the Mystical Elf" and proceeded to activate it; the Mystical Elf herself appeared before them, hands clasped together as she uttered a calming chant. He then held her hands out, a light pulse emanating from her palms that surrounded Eria in a soft glow.

On the Inch of Will:

Displays lit up to show the hull integrity of the ship, with an outline of the ship split into various sections. Along the port wing, which was now yellow instead of the bluish-green of the rest of the craft, various systems were responding to the blow from the nearby Void Dragon. "Port wing shields at 0%." Bradbury announced, sending straps with clamps at the ends to secure Riley. "Initiating evasive maneuvers. Fair warning: we will be pulling a few Gs." The primary thrusters on either side of the ship hummed to life, and, in conjunction with the gravitic impellers of the ship, began a burn of high-powered helium plasma from their fusion engines, quickly accelerating the ship from the Void Dragon and causing it to approach the sound barrier, but not yet breach it. Bradbury began to circle the sky in an arc that would bring the bow of the ship, where the cockpit was located, about to face its attacker. Now that "CANNONS" was activated, Riley saw a list of the four types of cannons Itsu kept on her baby.
"Heavy Railguns - 169mm dU Penetrator Rounds - 6 Rounds/Mag - 6/6 x2: ARMED"
"Superrapid Grav Cannons - 0.1mm dU Fletchette Rounds - 6000 Rounds/Min Continuous Fire - 3000/3000 x2: ARMED"

"Phase-Modulated 'Phaser' Particle Accelerators - Infinite Variable Modulation 'I-MOD' Configuration - 15-Second Continuous Burst - Full Power Setting: ARMED"
"Quantum Entanglement Manipulation Projectors - Ener-D-Powered Spacetime Singularity System - Single-Shot, 10-Second Charge, 90-Second Cooldown - 1/1: ARMED"

Far Above Castle Necrophades:

Judaihime witnessed the skies being cleared, just in time for a silver ship to rush by her at breakneck speeds, curving towards a rather confused Void Dragon. She noticed the beast, and, remembering the spell Isamy gave her, started to head for the creature as well.

Frank smirked with the moderate success of his improved Sealing spell, but this was cut off as the boy was behind him. He barely had the time to empower a magical shield to protect him. As the scythe impacted, the shield resisted as best as it could, but the force of it breaking blasted Frank across the wall. He rolled along it and cracked a window or two until he landed in a slump.

He staggered upright and wiped some blood from his mouth. "You are putting up a better argument than most people I have faced. Even Hapshiel. I'm fairly impressed, even though you seem to dislike your rather cute alterations. Spots are all the rage back in my Universe, and they do rather become you I must say. But, if you're so desperate to remove them, and it seems you are harboring some homicidal intent, I suppose I have little choice, but to comply, if but for my own life."

Frankram sadly drew the Mimigar ZZ Mini and aimed it square at Jin. He fired a swift burst of energy and a pink cloud exploded on Jin. (Roll: 17 - Frog. Lost - Hyena traits. Gained - Longer arms and fingers, long legs (must stand crouched), slightly green skin. Must end all sentences with ~ribbit.)

Whilst the cloud was still active, Frank GTFOT via another portal, and hoped it didn't take him to the same exact room.

He appeared in an empty corridor. The sounds of battle were all around, but, faint. It seems he had gotten away for now.

(Now in: F3, D1)

Isamy, unknown world

"A box of lollipops with strawberry and cherry...alright, check." Isamy said to herself, carrying an unusually large box over her shoulder that looked as if it contained furniture instead of sweets. But despite how heavy it looked, she walked rather casually out of the supermarket, attracting strange looks from, well, just about every single human being in the vacancy. "And a pie of white pizza, already prepared...check." She held a much thinner box within her other arm, which looked much more normal. "And finally, this world's key; a straw hat." Indeed, on her head was a straw hat.

Muttering to herself as she opened up a portal in public, just as a meteor suddenly began to descend from the skies, she walked in to emerge at the vault on the other end, with Bayonetta trapped but right in front of her.

"Here you go. Don't ask me to do anything like this ever again."

???, Castle of Necrophades

In this multiverse, there were some things that were never meant to be disturbed, to be entered. Perhaps its core, perhaps its time of creation, perhaps the pathway to the multiverses that existed before and after it, perhaps the gate to a higher-leveled omniverse, or perhaps even the very Door of Origin itself. Now, while a rather specific secret ten-thousand-year-old castle room certainly wouldn't be able to amount to such importance, while it didn't quite threaten reality on its own, the fact that it was to connected to one was undeniable. Traversing through time and space, bending a line that would otherwise be perfect, the impossible was occurring.

And so it began with whispers.

Whispers that escalated into chants, the stone tablets lining the walls reacting to the presence of intruders, the artifact in front of them automatically reading out the tablets, bypassing any need to use an overly complex ritual. As it glowed, it accessed spacetime and attempted to connect them with an almighty being whom had been long wiped from reality. The One Master did not exist anymore, yet this was a room that was meant to serve as a method for Maximus to communicate with hiM.

And so it ended with failure.

But not a complete failure, because a girl who had been brought there instead, and she saw what was before her. She saw MachGaogamon, frozen in place as he rushed to defeat Gogiga Gagagigo, seemingly as a way to defend the injured blue-haired girl by the corner, someone who looked quite like Eria the Water Charmer, only older. It was like a piece of artwork, frozen in time. Of course, everything in the Shadow Realm had currently frozen in time in accordance with the spell, the unintentional paradox.

"...hm."

For those who existed outside time, they were quite capable of moving in this place of timelessness.

Isamy Maximus observed the dark world through her senses alone, looking completely different from the way she had performed within her own castle. While she possessed the exact same, dark, sorcery appearance, her hair lacked its metallic teal color, but more importantly was her look and mannerisms. Then, she had been nothing more than a little girl trying to be a leader. But here, she seemed to have a certain sharp, determined look in her eyes, as if she'd resolved to do something she would never turn back from. The difference between these two beings were far too big, that they must've been from different time frames.

"How strange." The sorceress muttered to herself, observing her surroundings with a blank look. She walked over to Eria, knelt down. "I can't believe that it actually worked-"

"ISAMY!"

Her attention was caught as an explosion came from right beneath her, and she moved out of the way just as a hole in the floor was formed, a red knight emerging out from the smoke with twin blades in his hands. His voice was vaguely familiar, but she knew just by observing him that they had never actually met face-to-face. She knew him as Archer and as Emiya, some sort of Counter Guardian which probably explained why he could move here, but they had never actually met.

Yet, he recognized her instantly, his face tightening as he readied himself to cut her down on the spot.

"Damn it, your soul was never in this castle, was it?! This was all a trap!"

~ EGOIST ~

"My soul?" She asked, her expression slowly turning into an amused one, drawing out her dark-matter scythe as she did so and holding it firmly in her right hand. "Why would you ask such a silly thing? I'm afraid that since I just got here, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about."

Reversing its position until it was pointing at her opponent, she prepared to face him within what appeared to be a space-exclusive time lock.

"However, if you were looking for it, you're never going to find it here in this castle. In fact, you probably wouldn't ever find it in any space, and even if you knew what it was, you wouldn't be able to destroy it."

Emiya's expression changed, just a little, to signify that he understood what she was trying to tell him. Analyzing the situation, he took everything around him into account, and eventually concluded that she must've come from the past. Perhaps not too distant that she wouldn't know about the Door of Origin, but far enough that she wouldn't know anything about him or having formed the Divine. But more importantly, he understood the nature of her soul.

"..I see." Despite the horrifying realization that he had sent the entire Counter Corps on what was pretty much a hopeless mission, he remained calm. "In order to prevent anyone from ever finding it, you used your predecessor's technology to convert your soul into time..."

Isamy nodded in confirmation. "Seven-hundred and thirty-three years to be exact, though where that fits within, I can't tell you-" Before she could finish her sentence, twin machetes spun through the air like boomerangs and came towards her from two different directions. Getting slightly annoyed, she deflected them both using both ends of her scythe, shattering them on the spot. "It's rude to interrupt while I'm still speaking."

But the Counter Guardian had already made up his mind, and projected two more blades into his hands as he rushed forth into a hopeless battle against her. The duel had begun.

The sound of shattering metal and glimmering space echoed throughout the Castle of Necrophades, not that anyone would be able to react to it - except, perhaps, Viligance. Even though he didn't seem to have any emotions, one could feel something that was almost like disappointment as he watched the two warriors battle through a hole in the wall. Instead of the true One Master, a past Isamy came. She must have tampered with the room somehow when she wasn't with him. Eventually, one of the two combatants - he wasn't sure which - unleashed a huge beam of energy that tore apart the castle, and it moved outside, at which point the animated knight ceased to care.

Needless to say, the current situation was unfavorable. The Divine had performed well below expectations, and pretty much all the Counter Corps were still alive. They would have to retreat for now. Eventually, Isamy's timeline would correct itself and her past version would be sent back to become the awkward failure she currently was, but until then, they had no other choice.

Gripping his sword, he issued out a instantaneous retreat, overwriting the spell that had been cast on the Divine and instantly sending them back to Isamy's original castle - unless they didn't want to, which would be counted as betrayal should they choose to stay. If they accepted, they would find themselves back where they were before entering the Shadow Realm, in the exact same position and condition. Recovery could come at a later time.

Once he was done, Viligance could sense that most if not all of the Divine had already returned. Satisfied with this, he too vanished into a burst of light as he returned to the original castle.

They clashed, again and again. With all other objects frozen in time, there were none that could interfere in their battle. But even after Emiya resorted to using his backup mana, projecting Excalibur not once but three times, projecting multiple weapons whose special abilities should've been capable of annihilating his opponent, she countered with greater force. With a seemingly unlimited source of mana, she countered everything he threw at her with random blasts of energy and the utilization of her clothes' unnaturally indestructible properties.

What she lacked in experience, she made up for in raw power. If Emiya was a tornado, then Isamy was a raging hurricane.

Logically, the blackening knight should've been overcome the very minute he chose to challenge her, but even after several thick gashes around his body, plus one across his forehead, with sections of his clothes tarnished, he somehow managed to avoid every fatal blow from her out of pure determination. If he lost to her, then he would've failed the multiverse. He would've failed the lives of the quadrillions of people that existed out there. He knew these facts, and as the two titans clashed, he didn't expect to win at all. Just retreating would be difficult.

Even if that were so,

~ Emiya ~

"I am the bone of my sword."

Even if that were the case, they still had to stop Isamy save the multiverse. Even though this mission had been doomed to failure from the very beginning, he quickly began to formulate a new strategy. He would have to save the Counter Corps somehow, but how? With this in mind, the black knight took Isamy off-guard by projecting an invisibility cloak and using it to escape.

"Steel is my body, and fire is my blood."

Having bought enough time for himself, Emiya used what precious few seconds he had while hidden to put more of his energy into projecting the holy sword Caliburn. Once the golden blade was in his hands, he threw the cloak and rushed at Isamy with blinding speed.

"I have created...over a thousand blades."

However, she had been expecting it, and deflected his blow with the scythe just as he came in from behind her, shattering the sword. Without a heart of chivalry, it would be far too fragile.

"Unknown to Death, nor known to Life."

Even so, he wasn't a Counter Guardian for nothing. Projecting two more of the same ornamental blades, he smashed one against Isamy's weapon with as much strength as he could muster in his left hand, before thrusting the other straight forward, aimed at her head. But against all logic, she caught it with her teeth alone before kicking him away with strength to a bulldozer, enough to crack the ribs of a normal human being.

"Have withstood pain to create many weapons."

This time, she took the initiative, and disappeared from her location before appearing right above him, smashing her foot into his chest with force enhanced by dark matter, trapping him to the ground. Wielding her long weapon rather clearly above him, there was no way he could properly retreat from this situation. But as he kept a calm expression, the sorceress frowned and decided to stab her scythe deep into his chest before pulling his body up with its point. Even then, he continued with his chant.

"Yet, those hands will never hold anything."

"Would you please stop saying that?" Isamy asked with an annoyed look, before throwing him off and stabbing the air with her scythe. Now that they were outside, she could sense the situation and make it out for what it was; a strike team aimed to kill her. It had been a futile effort from the start, and she would have to demonstrate it.

"This realm no longer has any use to me. Let it perish.

ظلامأرضيُدمّر."

"So, as I pray,"

As the immortal sorceress cast words of power, words meant specifically for this place and none other, the Shadow Realm began to collapse from the skies up, time resuming in the process. It wasn't so much a spell as it was a self-destruct button that she always had access to. The only difference was that unlike other worlds, there was nothing that could destroy the core but phenomena itself, which was exactly why these things were happening.

The creatures that flew high above, frozen in time, were all caught up in the growing swirl that was consuming everything, their twisted existences being ended on a whim. Within moments, whatever air substituted oxygen was slowly draining away, and Emiya could only watch the destruction as it unfolded. At the same time, the Counter Corps had resumed moving, which was a good thing. But in this situation, he wouldn't have much time left.

The ground before them also beginning to collapse, alongside the castle not too far away, Isamy prepared one last time to end this fight, channelling distortions into her scythe. He wouldn't die, but parts of his past would be destroyed in such a way that he would be rendered incapable of combat. Even for a Counter Guardian, there was no way he could possibly counter that. There was no way he could escape.

And so, she brought her scythe down-

"Unlimited Blade Works."

Emiya suddenly disappeared in a burst of flames, and while the instantaneous apocalypse raged on, so did all the other warriors scattered throughout the castle and battlefield.

-BGM end-

"...It seems like I'm going to be making enemies soon enough." With a sigh, Isamy put her scythe back and turned around, before generating a portal and escaping through time and space, back into the outside realm. This knowledge might turn out to be useful in the future.

Emiya, Unlimited Blade Works

While the Counter Corps suddenly found themselves within an apocalypse, all the Divine having disappeared into thin air, they soon found their bodies on fire, and it was rapidly consuming their entire body. Once it reached their heads, though, everything became clear as they found themselves back inside the familiar world of Unlimited Blade Works, their fellow comrades scattered throughout the battlefield.

However, there was something a little different about it; all the training facilities and housings that had been set up had disappeared, and the sky was much darker than it was before.

No. There was something more important than that.

Beyond all the swords, on a hill at the center of the realm, stood Emiya, balancing himself on a blade he pulled out of the ground. There were deep gashes through his chest, his back, and his arms, and he'd taken off his cloak since it would regenerate by itself yet interrupt with his wounds.

No. Even more than his injuries, there was something far more important.

To be frank, there was something wrong happening. Red veins of energy covered nearly his entire left arm as they struggled to regenerate the wounds created by Isamy's scythe, and they also appeared on his other arm, legs, back, and neck in lesser amounts. By the time they'd successfully repaired the damage, Emiya looked darker. Twisted, even. His ring was missing as well, possibly shattered. At this point, he appeared to be quite different from his former self, and looked more like a demon than a hero.

"Well." Emiya said to himself, having a bemused expression at he fully observed at the damage the Shadow Realm had caused him, his new appearance in full sight. "I've been through worse."

Arc 2

Counter Corps, Unlimited Blade Works

0fVX1ui.jpg

Twelve hours had passed since the complete failure on the Shadow Realm. It was only natural that most of the warriors had been shocked at Emiya's transformation, though he still remained mostly the same on the inside. He understood that it would take some time for them to get used to, since even he himself would feel uncomfortable at having work for somebody who looked like an emissary of darkness.

They had lost several people, though whether it was due to the void creatures killing them or due to the failure of bringing them back into Unlimited Blade Works, he couldn't be sure. Among the ones that hadn't returned were Nate Kimblee, Adriel, Autumn, Quaranir, Matt Mercer, and Tyson Hawk. It was regrettable at having lost so many powerful warriors, but the Counter Corps couldn't let their deaths go in vain...!

For those among the people here who still thought it was a game, and for those who were unused to death, their eyes would be opened after the sacrifices of their comrades.

The corrupted Counter Guardian had taken the time to recruit more members, and though it was harder due to his newly-twisted and utterly suspicious appearance, he managed to make it through. There weren't many, but just barely enough to restore what they'd lost.

Still devising a new plan of attack against Isamy and the Divine, he sighed as he tried to get his thoughts in order. It wasn't easy to think straight what with the corruption in his body, but there was no way to get it out. At the very least, he had more than enough willpower to allow himself turn into a mere creature of the void.

But the darkness did take its toll, and it was evident on the world around them, named Unlimited Blade Works. It was a wasteland, with swords stuck in the ground everywhere, with a dark sky, and the gigantic gears turning high above did nothing to help with the image. He had replicated the training facilities just as they were before, but the difficulties were higher, the bar raised and he couldn't lower it by himself.

None of it couldn't be helped. This was his inner world, and it changed just as he did. If there was some comfort, some of the weapons had managed to remain the same.

For now, he let the Counter Corps prepare themselves, letting them recover from the battle and prepare for what was to come. Things looked bleaker than ever, but they couldn't give up.

"No. We can't." Emiya affirmed to himself, blocking away the thoughts of corruption that tried to convince him of this hopeless situation. They were wrong, and he would prove it.

The Divine, Isamy's Castle

3bQwzoI.jpg

In contrast, due to the nonlinear nature of time, the Divine had been given a whole day to gather their strength and spend their time with. While they had failed to take down Emiya and his band of multidimensional soldiers this time, they would soon gain another chance, and Isamy knew this all too well. When Viligance came with the report, all she did was nod, since it matched with what she remembered in her memories from several years ago. Since then, she had spent her time forming the Divine as well as collecting countless items of all kinds for her Vault, gradually building it up.

"Lady Maximus, I have determined where the Counter Guardian shall strike next." Viligance told her then, meeting her as she entered into an elegant European throne room, one that was out of place compared to the traditional Japanese castle it had been built within. Needless to say, this construction had been enclosed in an artificially-generated pocket dimension, and was free from the distortions that were plaguing most of the multiverse. "I will send the Divine there, but you may want to know that there's an unknown spacial distortion occurring in that location."

She frowned at that, but after a moment of thought, decided to dismiss it.

"It's probably due to me tampering with spacetime. Irrelevant." Isamy said. "But anyway, where is this place?"

The animated knight stepped to the side to allow her passage further in, and answered, "The Desert Seth."

"Oh, uh...am I supposed to know what that is?" Walking onwards until she reached the emerald throne that complimented her hair, she sat down and faced what appeared to be a rather annoyed Viligance. Unused to feeling any kind of emotion from the mere suit of armor, she felt extremely uncomfortable at the aura he was emitting. "...What? Am I supposed to know every last realm there is, Viligance?"

"It seems that you do not understand its importance to our cause. Never mind then." Viligance shook his head helmet as he spoke in a monotone, before turning around and starting to walk away. "I will call the Divine to come here. Since you know nothing of it, stay quiet; I will be the one to explain."

"...ugh." Having been scolded by her own servant, she couldn't help but feel humiliated.

~~~

Outside, Viligance tracked down and found each member scattered about the castle one by one, asking them to report to the throne room.

Darcy

With a sudden disorientation Darcy usually associated with her teleportation spell, her surroundings seemed to blink from the dark, foreboding corridors of the Castle of Necrophades, becoming instead the familiar Japanese style room that was her room in Isamy's Castle. Taking a moment to recover from her disorientation, she stumbled across to the bed she'd gotten in the room, lying down on it as she looked inside to her own magical energy. To her annoyance, although certainly not her surprise, it was drained of about 40% if it's usual capacity, the result of her efforts subduing various creatures, the attempt on the flier, several creature summoning spells and finally a teleportation spell. Following the thread in her magic that lead to the fraction of the Dragon's Flame she currently possessed, using that piece to link up with the main portion of the flame, and drawing a larger amount of it into her magic core. With that done, and feeling exhausted from the large usage of her magic, Darcy closed her eyes, succumbing to the pull of sleep.

About 18 hours later, Darcy finally woke back up, rested and, after checking, with her magic reserves once again full and ready to use. Sitting up on her bed, she brought up her magic and started to do some simple exercises, to check that her power was responding in the way it should be, before falling back into some meditation to ensure she would remain rested and ready for the next battle. When Vigilance approached to call her in to Isamy's throne room again, she came out of her meditation, heading down there without question, and walked into the throne room, ready again for the next battle.

-----

Lyon

Wandering around the first floor still, somehow managing to miss coming into contact with any of the other Counter Corps or Divine, Lyon was quite shocked when his body seemed to be engulfed in flames, and reacted by calling water around him, to try and extinguish them. When this didn't work, and realising that they weren't either burning him or melting his ice armour, he relaxed, waiting to see what they would do, and rematerializing once the flames finished back in Emiya's Unlimited Blade Works. With a practiced ease that would usually be found on veteran soldiers, Lyon drew his sword and thrust it point down into the ground, before lying back on it, slipping into a light sleep. While he hadn't done as much towards the fight as most of the Counter Corps this time around, Lyon was an experienced soldier and, being in the middle of a battle campaign at the moment, albeit an unusual one, he was attempting to keep as well rested as possible for any further battles. When Emiya needed them once more, he would wake quickly, still in the same place, just waiting to be alerted to the next stage in the battle.

-----

Ayame and Naomi

Ayame's pair of lightning bolts managed to hit right into the grotesquely large, metal man, seeming to fry him from that simple shot, before she followed up with one more hit, to keep him from getting back up. As they were about to move on though, a sudden burst of sound made it's way to Naomi's ears, the only thing that escaped through the frozen time, causing her to fall down onto her knees, holding her hands to her ears as she desperately tried to block the noise. Just as suddenly as it had started though, it stopped, leaving before she could make sense of the burst of noise, with only a single word standing past the rest of the compressed noise, the cry of a name, Isamy.

As the world started to collapse around them, as if sensing it's destruction, the dark pressure on Ayame's mind increased, as if it was trying to subject the mind entirely and take it over, to use it as a host until it could find a way to recreate the realm. Falling to her own knees, and realising what the power in this place was finally, she clutched her head with one hand, the other fumbling in her pocket, looking for the ring that she hadn't believed she would need before and, upon finding it, managed to slip it over her ring finger before fainting, the dark presence barred out of any further attempts at possession. Naomi, still recovering, looked over at her unconscious friend as the fire engulfed their bodies, returning them into Emiya's Unlimited Blade Works.

Upon waking up, the first thing Ayame saw was Naomi kneeling over her, concerned by her collapse. After managing to reassure her friend that she was fine, aside from a throbbing headache, she took stock over her own state. She was still tired from the battles earlier, and the power boost she'd felt while in the shadow realm was gone, but along with it the darker presence that had been subtly affecting her consciousness since she'd arrived there. Neither of the girls noticed the slight black band that had appeared on the gold ring finally sitting on Ayame's finger, as they sat around, resting and waiting for the next challenge that awaited them.

Gin Furukawa and Tamae

"Ugh..." the miko panted, almost unconscious, along with 'her' familiar.

"We have not fallen yet... have we?" Tamae attempted to rise. "I'm surprised that we... we're back."

The duo rose, and noticed that they had returned to Emiya's Reality Marble.

"I would presume... we have failed and warriors lost," Gin sighed. "We cannot let them die in vain, what can we do Emi- huh?"

Gin was stunned by Emiya's transformation. "I know of transformations similiar to this, but sadly, I am unsure if it is possible to reverse..."

Kiotso Senju

He went from watching a battle that would help him assess the other ice manipulator's skills, to sitting in his extremely could dwelling inside Ismay's castle. It's not as though he wasn't glad to be back in the colder conditions but he wanted to watch and see how the ice manipulator could have saved herself, if at all. He wasn't tired or weary so instead of sleeping he opted to merely sit there with his eyes closed thinking about the second ice manipulator and his encounters with, not only the enemy, but his own so-called allies. When Vilagance knocked on the door, it was loud and expected. Kiotso made his way to the door, opened it to step out, and then closed it behind him. "You need not give me your message, for it is obvious what you want." Kiotso stated, then walked to the throne room and entered. He took his former spot at the base of a pillar and waited for things to commence.

Matthew Supplex

The castle gate had only just come into Matthew's view and now it seems he was on the roof again. However, it wasn't the roof of the shadow realm castle he was on, it was the roof of Isamay's castle. I wonder if I've made the right decision by coming back to the Divine. He wanted to contemplate his allegiance and his overall goal within this battle longer but he was human for the most part and he was tired. Matthew made his way down a floor and found an unlocked room with a suitable bed. Matthew closed and locked the door then laid down for some rest. He awoke nine hours later, he had actually awoken many times during his slumber but opted to return to sleep every time. He was just walking out of his room when Viligance made the announcement that he was to return to the throne room. "Fair enough." Matthew simply stated and walked to the throne room door. After entering he simply stood to the right of the doorway waiting for the meeting to start.

Current location: F2 D3

Eria & MachGaogamon - F4 D1

Eria sat up with a shock after the Mystical Elf healed her. Seeing the one who summoned her, Eria leapt up and embraced Alexander. "Thank you~pyon!" She looked back at MachGaogamon, who was relentlessly attacking Gagagigo, and called out to them. "Stop it~pyon! Please, don't kill him~pyon!" Gagagigo vanished, much to Eria's shock, and she fell back to her knees. "They took him~pyon." Tears role down from her eyes, and MachGaogamon approached the Charmer, kneeling down and shaking his head.

"I'm sorry, Eria," the Digimon said. "We'll find a way to save him. I promise."

MachGaogamon reached to help Eria up, but fire began to surround the girl. Eria stood up in shock, trying to pat the flames off, but she stopped after noticing the she wasn't in pain. "What's happening~pyon?"

MachGaogamon felt a twinge in his body, and snarled. "There's a power… trying to send me back to Isamy's castle."

Eria reached out for MachGaogamon. "You can't go~pyon! They'll kill you~pyon!"

MachGaogamon chuckled. "I'm not going to let them take me. I wish to fight alongside you." He turned to the Lombax and nodded. "All of you." Suddenly, the same flames that surrounded Eria embraced MachGaogamon. As Eria faded from the castle with a smile on her face, MachGaogamon closed his eyes and allowed himself to be taken away from the castle.

Arthur - F2 D3

Arthur barely took another step before the castle began to collapse, and the void creatures started to writhe in pain. Arthur turned around, trying to reach out for him, but he felt something hurting his chest. "Trying to take me back? I don't… know…" The pain subsided, but flames began to form around Arthur. Arthur cried out, trying to calm them, but look as the void creatures were pulled into the air by some invisible force, the walls tearing apart as his three creatures were pulled into the sky. "No, wait! Come back!" But it was too late. He tried to bend their will to return to him, but as he increased the power of the spell, all it did was make him feel like his insides were being twisted. He coughed into his hand, and saw blood. The flames were subsiding, but the pain kept getting worse. "I don't… want to die." he said between breaths. "Not… like this. Not without… MachGaogamon." Arthur fell to the ground, the flames rekindling themselves around him, and the last thing he could see was the bodies of the Void Drake, the Void Fox, and the Void Daemon turning to stone and crumbling, the dust scattering in the wind.

Sora - F1 E1

Someone offered to help Sora and the Shinigami get out of the castle, saying a friend of his was going to drop something that could blow up the castle. "But some of us are still in here!" Sora said. Sora moved past him, not wanting to here any more of what he had to say, and tried to make his way further up the castle, but before he could, the ceiling began to collapse over him. Sora casted a Reflect spell to protect himself from the damage, causing the rubble to fall around him, but the grounded itself began to change. It became like quicksand, dragging Sora into the ground, and though he tried to jump out, he was in too far deep. Fortunately, the flames from Emiya began to take him as well, returning him to Unlimited Blade Works before he could drown.

Unlimited Blade Works

Eria and Sora were horrified to learn that they had lost several of their members in the Shadow Realm. Eria recalled how Matt and Tyson went to her aid against Matthew, and now they were both dead. She swore to avenge them, knowing that she had to prepare for her battle with Matthew. She and Sora looked at Arthur and MachGaogamon, who were notably farther away from them.

"So, you know them?" Sora asked Eria.

Eria pursed her lips. "I know MachGaogamon~pyon. But the boy with him… I haven't met him before~pyon."

Sora raised an eyebrow at the way the girl talked. Even after so much time had past, Eria was still in her rabbit form, wearing the same outfit that Frankram had put her in. "His name is Arthur. He helped us out back at the castle."

Eria jumped when she heard the boy's name, but Sora didn't seem to notice. She figured the boy had to be Arthur, which is why MachGaogamon was talking with him, but she didn't want to believe it. "I see~pyon. You can call me Eria~pyon. Er, I mean 'Eria' is my name~pyon. I haven't quite figured out how to change what did this to me~pyon."

Sora held out his hand. "And I'm Sora!"

Eria reluctantly shook Sora's hand. "Are you usually like this~pyon? I mean, even with everything Emiya told us~pyon. You're still okay with it~pyon?"

Sora frowned. "No. But, I'm sure that somehow, someway, we'll bring back everyone that Isamy killed."

Eria feigned a smile. "Wouldn't that be nice~pyon." She looked back at Arthur and MachGaogamon, then to Sora. "I, um, should probably talk to them~pyon. Make sure they know they have friends here~pyon."

Sora nodded. "Alright. See ya!" Sora wandered off, looking for Kenpachi and his friends.

Eria sighed, and walked in Arthur and MachGaogamon's direction. Arthur had his head down, and MachGaogamon seemed none too happy with Arthur, but both turned in Eria's direction as the Water Charmer approached. As Eria walked up to Arthur, she slapped the young man across the face, knocking him to the ground.

"Who the hell are you supposed to be?" Arthur muttered.

"You can ask those void monsters you were controlling~pyon."

Arthur looked back at the girl, then MachGaogamon, and back at Eria. "You're Eria?"

"So what if I am~pyon?"

Arthur sighed, and began to regain his footing. "MachGaogamon told me about you. You look… different."

Eria scratched her ears and took her head. "Someone from the Divine did this to me~pyon. It's also why I'm talking like this~pyon."

"So what do you want?"

"I want to know what happened to my friends~pyon! The ones you made me kill~pyon!"

Arthur took a step back. "You mean the void creatures?"

"They had names~pyon! Hiita, Wynn, Aussa~pyon! I saw them, and I knew that it was them~pyon. You sent them after us, and I… I had to kill Wynn and Aussa~pyon."

"You didn't kill them."

"What~pyon?"

"Even after you tossed them into the river, they survived. They kept fighting together and helped me when I tried to get into the castle."

"Then where are they~pyon?" Arthur looked away from Eria, and MachGaogamon simply closed his eyes. "Answer me~pyon!"

Arthur sighed. "They died when the Shadow Realm collapsed. I tried to save them, but… I almost died doing it. I used up all my strength, and it did nothing to save them."

Eria buried her face in her hands, trying to hide her tears. Arthur clenched his fists and turned away without saying a word. MachGaogamon look at the two of them and knelt down, but Eria screamed, "Go away~pyon!"

MachGaogamon nodded, understanding Eria's feelings, and followed Arthur. The Digimon met up with his partner, who was talking quietly. "Why does it have to be like this?"

"You should have known that this is exactly what you would be doing," MachGaogamon warned.

"But I didn't want to!"

"Stop lying to yourself, Arthur! If you did all this because you just wanted a world where you and I could be happy, then save it. I'm not going to be your excuse." MachGaogamon turned away, but left Arthur with some parting words. "If you want to know what you could do, you can earn Eria's forgiveness. Until then, you and I are only allies because we need to be." MachGaogamon flew off, going to meet up with Emiya. Arthur stood behind in the wasteland, looking at Eria crying before turning away, knowing the pain he caused her.

Isamy's Castle

When Dorian and Butler were teleported back to the castle Dorian seemed to have regained some kind of consciousness. His body still stiff but his mind seemed to be working fine. He was a tad annoyed because he assumed that the sudden evacuation meant that their forces were not victorious. It was sad though to say the least he was a little heartbroken this being his first defeat. Nevertheless it looked like everyone was coming back slowly. He rolled his eyes as he and Butler left the other villains to their own devices. As he walked back to his room he was getting debriefed by the spirits of his extra deck. His eye was twitching at the amount of work that went in after he was knocked unconscious. Even more embarrassing was that he was forced to sit still and let the good guys roam the Castle. He let out a deep sigh of exhaustion as he couldn't figure out how would the next task be better. He had to get more powerful and soon. The main probe with that was due to his perfect balance it would be hard for any real dark magic or other boosting effects to take hold of him. He could naturally just unaffect himself as it were. To think that he and his Butler were so low tier. Now there has to be something he can do.

ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH  He yelled in a manic annoying roar. His agitation was getting to him and his money was of no use here. He let out a massive sigh and sulked his shoulders. Anger was never my strong suit. Butler what do we do? I don't get it why are there so many powerful creatures out there. And why don't they belong to me.

His failed attempt at a joke fell on deaf ears. Butler was in the same position as he was if not moreso. Dorian was at least holding back his energy in anticipation for the long game. Butler was going all out from the very beginning and he knew that he wouldn't be able to protect his master if the situation wasn't perfect again. That massive blue wolf creature was distracted by the need to find his master. Those men in robes were busy being weakened from other fights and their initial prey wasn't even a true fighter. It was more like he specialized in espionage. If Butler showed emotion it would be despair and shame right now but that doesn't matter now he had to figure out a way to make himself more suited to protect his master.

He was at the door to their room and Butler immediately pulled out one of his Desert Eagles. Dorian now very annoyed but he quickly entered his combat stance. Butler kicked down the door and immediately aimed his pistol at the targets. The targets themselves were quite interesting though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where was she/he? What is this place? How did this happen? Crona didn't seem to understand the events that happened. Of course seeing that he/she wasn't actually invited to this event he/she was caught up in Ragnarok being sucked up in a spatial distortion he/she wouldn't understand the truth and the light that comes from this sort of madness. Unfortunately this couldn't have happened at a worse time. He/She just killed his/her mother and had fallen into the brink of madness. Crona was dead set on capturing the Kishin and shatter the rules of this world thinking that was his/her sole purpose in life. But what to do at this place. Crona had decided to check around this castle and spread his/her own brand of madness. Unfortunately the castle was empty for the most part. Crona didn't know about the war of the factions or that everyone was busy trying not to be killed in the Shadow Realm. He/She simply traveled around the Castle letting his/her corrupted soul permeate the air. Eventually Crona stumbled upon one of the occupants rooms. It was a lavish set up and one could tell that this was someone with money clearly a materialistic soul and a man for that matter.

I seek his soul I seek to bring salvation to this person by letting them break free of these confiding rules. I must...it is my purpose. At this point bodes started to show up inside the castle Crona could sense their strong souls immediately and he/she contained his/her madness. Waiting for the time to strike. He/She decided to stay in the room and wait for the prey. Patiently trying not to let the madness overflow and giving up his/her position. Crona waited quietly as he/she heard the words coming from down the hall. Then everything became quite. With a loud smashing noise the door flew open and a large man was point some kind of gun at him/her. Crona let loose the smile of insanity as he/she was looking at the soul in front of him/her.

Welcome I was wondering if we would get company. Dorian then entered his own room even more annoyed. So this became interesting Dorian figured that this was another new recruit. Then again the way it was looking at him there seemed to be some malice brewing in the depths of this person's eyes. So you speak in the third person plural, you know what it doesn't even matter. I give you this one chance to get out of my property. Dorian said with his ring glowing. Then from that man/woman's was came an erie black face with an overly sized mouth. NO YOU POMPOUS @** IT'S WE! Dorian now visibly pissed off decided that whoever this was now had to die. He called forth two energy leopards by his side. Butler then closed the door he kicked open. Too bad, now you can't leave.

I can't leave. I have to break free of these rules, I have to liber....Crona's head immediately flew back as a gut reaction when Butler shot him/her directly in the forehead. Ouch! Crona could barely let out as Butler unloaded a full clip on Crona's face. Crona seemingly fell down lifeless and rose again only to look at his/her opponents. Did  you know my blood is black. Crona unleashed her madness and insanity permeated the room. He/She and Ragnarok were looking forward to seeing the fear on their opponents faces. Unfortunately they weren't met with such faces. Butler was intently focus trying to resist the madness with his iron will and Dorian was simply glowing gold. The power of his perfect balance kicking in. Crona looked at the two of the shocked. His soul is GOLD, I MUST EAT IT NOW!!! 

Osebo hunt! Screech Alpha!!! As the two attacks clashed there was an explosive clash of gold and purple energies spiraling out the side of the castle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He was a lost soul...well amalgamation of data that wondered if he had a soul to be more exact. Blackwargreymon stood still at the entrance to the castle. He walked in slowly trying to figure out what to do. He wasn't given any instruction, he wasn't given any purpose. If anything this was actually a worse situation than the one he had left. Where was this Isamy that he wanted to help. It was fun to say the least. He walked through the castle hoping to find some strong opponents but it seemed like everyone had just come back from a battle and these were a bunch of unsavory characters at that. He decided to go to check out the upper levels and see what the rooms were like. Then he felt it. The madness that was let loose by someone. This was a similar sensation that he felt when he destroyed the Destiny Stones and caught a glimpse of Azulongmon.

YESSS!!! A new strong opponent! He ran down the halls looking for this fiend that he would do battle. Someone he would lose himself too and someone he could finally break this sense of emptiness. Once he came to a seemingly closed door he kicked down the door, which ended up taking out the whole wall, and all he saw was a tired young man breathing heavily and glowing gold. He looked around and saw that the room was pretty much destroyed. To be more exact the majority of the interior was reasonably intact. The opposite wall was destroyed and on top of the lavished bed there was a large black egg. Blackwargreymon looked at the boy and pointed his claws at him. You! I know I sense a great force coming from that egg what is it? Dorian looked at this creature. Butler had been assimilated by that strange man-woman symbiote thing and somehow they became that creature. He didn't know what to do but at the very least. This new beast seemed strong. Um yes there seems to be some...thing in there? And it ate my Butler. So..I don't know what to do. Dorian's shoulders slumped as he was physically exhausted almost to the point where he wanted to give up. Butler was his lynchpin, his rock and with him gone, well he never thought of what would happen if Butler was gone. I'm just so tired. I...I...I just don't get this. 

Blackwargreymon looked at this glowing gold boy as his body language only expressed fatigue. Curious young one why do you want to rewrite your world? What...Oh yeah because rewriting the world is a symbol of my victory. Blackwargreymon was offended he thought that people had their own noble goals. Is that your purpose in life? Not everyone needs to define their life as some grand purpose. You pick something you want to do and you go on and do it. The only difference between us and the good guys on the other side is that we are willing to do more to achieve our goal. Blackwargreymon nodded as he agreed with the tired boy then he just looked . Dorian then looked at Blackwargreymon and realized he might have just made a new friend.What about you? What do you want to do? I think I just want to find a strong opponent. But that can't be all. Why not? Its your life. How about this? Stay with me during this whole venture and I'm sure we can point you in the right direction of some strong people. Where I come from kids younger than yourself are said to control my kind. Dorian raised an eyebrow as that sounded familiar but he couldn't put his finger on it. Well if it works for them you can give it a try here. So how about it? Dorian extended his for an awkward handshake. Blackwargreymon weighed the options carefully and he decided that he might as well try new things. He took off one of his claws and shook the boys hand. Without crushing it of course. 

Blackwargreymon looked at the black egg and lunged at it. DRAMON DESTROYER!! His claw broke through the outer shell of the egg and it started spraying blood everywhere. He quickly jumped back and Dorian noticed that the blood started to crawl off the wall and back into the egg. But there was still a visible hole. Then from that shell came forth Butler. The shell exploded and it seemed only Butler was standing. This time it seemed that his clothes were completely pitch black. Butler looked at Dorian and Blackwargreymon and his eyes were riddled with his own weird version of insanity. Master...did you know my blood is black. Dorian just nodded and just O...kay. Butler then looked at Blackwargreymon and the two sized each other up. Master, he's just like the blue one. Dorian then said Oh yeah the traitor. Well see, new guy we already found you a target.

Before proper introductions could be made the new trio was interrupted by a mobile suit of armor just waiting at what used to be a door. Oh it looks like we're off again hold on I have to put on some fresh clothes. After the half an hour Dorian changed into something reasonably casual the three walked past Vigilance. I think this round is going to be a tad different good guys. The three made their way to the throne room.

Alexander and Jeanne (CC)/Castle Necrophades 4th Floor, moments before departure

Chaos.  Utter chaos and pandemonium reigned as the very fabric of the Shadow Realm seemed to tear itself apart.

"Okay, now this is some freaky sh*t!" Umbris yelped to Alexander from the Deck.  "How the hell is this even happening?!"

"Who said that?!" Jeanne blurted out, surprised by the voice that suddenly spoke.  "Seriously, it's like I've been hearing voices all damned day!"

"I'll introduce you later, Jeanne," Alexander replied, the urgency apparent in his voice.  "Right now, we need to get out...."  Alexander's voice trailed off as he felt an odd sensation starting to spread across his body.  He looked down at himself and was immediately seized by horror; his body was being engulfed in flames.  "No, no--aah, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!"  The lombax began to frantically writhe about, trying to put out the flames lapping at him.

"Alexander!!" Jeanne shrieked, genuinely terrified of what she was witnessing.  It took herself a moment to realize that the same was now happening to her.  She was close to having a freak-out herself upon this realization, but then something occurred to her: she could feel no pain... the flames weren't even causing any harm.  "Wait... Alexander, it's alright--Alex, would you calm down?!"

It was no use, however.  Alexander continued his frenzied convulsions, his screaming drowning out all pleas from his fellow Corps members and Summons to calm down.  His endeavor only serving to exhaust him, Alexander eventually collapsed, his vision and consciousness fading as his view of the disintegrating Shadow Realm was framed in flames....

Alister Azimuth (TD)/Castle Necrophades Roof, moments before departure

"AAARGH!!!" Alister once again found himself falling to his knees, his head pounding with pain as more visions of the past flashed through his mind in rapid succession.  "No... no, not again... stop...!"  He wasn't aware that the original spell given to him had been replaced with another, or that the Shadow Realm was currently collapsing around him.  The images of the fallen Fastoon, of the invading Cragmites... of Kaden.... "Just... make it stop...."

Before he lost all consciousness, Alister could sense a shift in his surroundings; he found himself back at Isamy's Castle, in his quarters, kneeling on his cot.  His mind no longer being assaulted by his memories, Alister fell face-down onto his cot, slipping into unconsciousness....

"...nnn... no...."

"Alex...."

"No... dad...."

"Alexander..."

"No... no, I'm... sorry...."

"Alex...!"

"No... nooo...."

"Alex, wake up!"

"Nnn... noooOOOO!!"  Alexander suddenly awoke in a cold sweat, heart pounding, finding himself lying on his back.  His view was that of the geared skies of the Unlimited Blade Works, of his fellow Counter Corps and Summons kneeling around him... they were all looking down upon him, varying looks of worry and concern visible on their faces.

"Alex... are you alright?" Umbris asked as calmly as possible, being one of two individuals kneeling closest to Alexander, the other being Ratchet.

His nightmare still fresh in his mind, Alexander found himself unable to utter any words... his face still wore the expression of shock even as tears began to well in his eyes.  Wordless, Alexander drew himself into Umbris' arms, clinging on tightly as he began sobbing into the Neo-Spacian's cape....

Hibari opened his eyes.

A vast landscape greeted him. Swords everywhere, some covered in red markings, some without, but all were magnificent in their own way. He peered at the sky, the sight of all of the giant turning and churning gears intriguing him, yet also filling him with a sense of irritation.

The sky was blocked by the gears.

Annoyance evident on his face, he briskly strode across the field of swords, once in a while glancing at particular swords he remembered in legends. A ring on his finger was dimly lit with his Cloud Flame. The flame suddenly distorted, and expanded outwards in a spherical manner. It continually expanded, hitting each weapon it passed through.

The swords were interfering with his Cloud Flame Radar. Somehow, they were vibrating, likely due to the twisting presence of the gears all around as well as the energy the peculiar red veins emitted from some of the weaponry.

"This place," he murmured, eyes narrowing as he gripped his two tonfa. "is too crowded."

CASTLE OF NECROPHADES, 1F SECTOR 1E

Before Yachiru and Kenpachi could continue any further, there was a quake inside of the Castle and everything around them shook violently.  "Wha--sheet!"  Kenpachi quickly grabbed Yachiru away from a large falling stone that nearly crushed her.  He tucked her away below his chest as the castle crumbled around them.  "Hang on little lady!" he called midst the thunder of the falling fortress.  Slowly, the ground beneath turned and changed into a quick-sand like essence.  They were being pulled below, and Kenpachi couldn't wrench himself free.  Slowly they disappeared from the Castle of Necrophades and were tossed through whirling lights and cracks of the previous world before stumbling softly back into the Unlimited Blade Works.

UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS

"Weren't we already here?  What the hell's goin' on?  Why were we propelled back here?" Kenpachi questioned aloud.  There was a subtle roar of confusion amongst those of the Counter Corps who remained.  However, Kenpachi felt an uneasy turn in his stomach as he looked around for a familiar face.  "Where's Byakuya?  Byakuya!" he called to no one.  There was no snide remark.  There was no sudden burst of spiritual pressure in the air.  There was nothing.   Little did Kenpachi know, there were other forces at work besides his comrades' and Byakuya was about to be caught in the middle of it with no hope of escape.

Inside Isamy's Vault

"... so, you seriously just asked for me to join you in this field," said Gabriel, "just so you could have some company...?"

"But of course," Bayonetta replied as she proceeded to stick a strawberry lollipop in her mouth. "If I'm going to be staying in here, I may as well have someone to talk to who isn't halfway across the room. Besides, you being a plushie is just a bonus for me. Maybe for you as well," she added as she picked Gabriel up in her arms, holding him close to her bosom. "I mean, there's nothing wrong with that, is there, Gabriel?"

"Uh-I, uh, no! I mean, uhh...," Gabriel stammered at the question, becoming quite flustered. Half of him actually wished that he was in his own body, while the other half, which didn't wish to offend Bayonetta in any way, was somewhat glad that he wasn't anatomically correct at the moment. Trying to regain his composure, Gabriel spoke in a whisper as calmly as possible, "So then, are there any plans to get us out of here?"

"Patience, Gabriel," Bayonetta said as she removed the lollipop from her mouth, placing it aside for later. "That comes later." She then picked up a slice of the warm pizza, the cheese stretching out as the slice was separated from the rest of the pizza. Drawing the corner of the slice to her mouth, Bayonetta bit down into it, then slowly (perhaps deliberately?) pulling the slice away, the cheese once again stretching. It stretched until there was a fine, long string of cheese between the slice and Bayonetta's lips, almost eight inches long. And as Bayonetta was doing this, Gabriel could do nothing but sit right across from her, watching, his button eyes having grown to the size of coasters as he mouth fell agape.  One could almost hear a faint, prolonged squeal coming from him.

Bayonetta, taking notice of this, looked toward the lion plushie, just as the obscenely long white string of cheese broke off from the rest of the pizza, flopping limply against Bayonetta's chin.  "Wow, he's certainly giving me quite the stare," she thought to herself.  "I wonder if he's just hungry... oh, what am I thinking, he doesn't even have a stomach, does he?  Oh, but he probably just misses the sensation of--"

With a thought crossing her mind, Bayonetta carefully put her slice of pizza down, taking care to also remove the string of cheese from her face.  Then, with the most stone-set face she could muster, she looked stare back at the gawking Gabriel and, in the most blunt and straightforward tone she would ever use, asked him simply this: "... you're wishing you had a [CENSORED!!] right now, aren't you?"

Unable to take much more, Gabriel simply flopped down backwards onto the floor, his face frozen in complete shock and defeat, at least for the next few hours....

Sayer (TD)/Isamy's Castle, in his personal quarters

"Well, that was... actually unexpected," Sayer said to himself, referring to the last minute that he had spent in the Shadow Realm before its destruction.  "To think, the realm from which all forms of Hell originated or based themselves upon had just up and burst like that...."  He strode over to the far side of his room, where Bane's head and corpse lay atop an operating table of sorts.  "Well, at least I got to bring a few souvenirs with me from our little trip."  He "looked" from the body on the table down to a Deck of cards in his hand.  He drew a few of these cards from the top of his Deck, and studied them; among these cards he had drawn were "Carla of the Harpies", "Evil HERO Wildheart", and--

"Ah-ah!  And just what do you people think you're doing?" Sayer said, he and his R.O.D.s facing... someplace.  "Now, I can't have you people see what goodies I've brought with me.  It'd ruin the surprise, really.  You'll just have to wait and see, once this fatso typing at his crappy laptop decided when he wants to... oh, I'm sorry, did I offend you in any way, dearest "Creator"?  Well... Deal With It."  Suddenly, two of his R.O.D.s sported a pair of sunglasses over themselves.

Archived