The Grand Crossover RP - Pathway to Origin [IC/PG-13/Moved to NCM for Finale]

Merci

Jin Akatsuki

A smile crossed Jin's face at Ayame's comment, and Jin was suddenly glad the lighting was so dim, since he was almost positive he was blushing. Even before Ayame was recruited by Emiya, Jin had a bit of a thing for Ayame. Not that that mattered at this point in time anyways, he wouldn't exactly have time to ask her out even if she liked him back. Naomi then asked him a different question, which Jin was very grateful for, as he'd needed something to take his mind off of his prior thoughts. 

"Hmmm... I'd say about two years ago is when you went missing. When you did, Lien and I tried to find you, but obviously we didn't. Until just recently at least." He turned away from them, staring down the two girls. Guess now is as good a time as any to tell them about the Nephilim stuff... "Look, there's a few other things I-"

Final Fantasy X - Otherworld

Before Jin could finish his words, he detected a huge wave of energy coming from where the Counter Corps members had been trying to cross the river. The pressure was enormous, easily capable of belittling half of the Counter Corps in single and even group combat. The fact that it was so heavy on Jin even from such a distance was downright scary. He was certain that Ayame and Naomi were feeling it too at this point. What should he do? As far as he knew nobody in the counter force except himself and maybe Kenpachi could handle whatever monster had been releasing the aura. Kenpachi was in the area, but from the look of things, he had his hands full as it was. He could sense Kenpachi's friend nearby too. Sora was his name, right? Maybe he'd be able to fight whoever it was? But from what Jin could tell, he was engaged too.

He looked back at Ayame and Naomi, and made his decision. "We need to destroy that soul. Fast." Without saying anymore, Jin charged across the Shadow Realm, slaughtering any Void Creatures with the poor sense to get close to him. The best he could do was emitt enough of his own aura to pull the beasts attention away from the Counter Corps and onto him. If that didn't work, he'd just have to trust each of the Guardians' strength.

Cody Renner

To say that Cody was scared would have been an understatement. At this point, he was petrified with fear. He'd been making progress on shutting down the giant mechanical stump, and was sure he was just about to disable it, when a man crashed directly through the robot, missing Cody by mere centimeters. Not a monster, not an attack. A large Filipino looking man, with bulging brown muscles, thickly cut abs, and long tangled black hair. On his chest he had tattooed a large 'J', and despite having no ability to sense energy or magic of any kind, Cody could feel the raw power radiating from this man.

In a way though, his attack had saved Cody from a much worse fate. The force from his powerful kick had launched Cody off of the Inpachi and into a a nearby field of Eye Flowers. As Jecht rushed at the other members of Cody's group, Inpachi turned it's blazing fist on Cody, who at this point was still too petrified to move. Fortunately, Lyon had managed to conjure up a water spell and save Cody from not only being crushed, but scorched as well. As he did Cody managed to regain his senses, and scrambled to his feet.

What could they do? On the one hand, they had Jecht to deal with now. On the other, they might be able to use Blazing Inpachi to their advantage there. Judging from what Cody just saw Jecht do to the armored version, he was certain Jecht could mangle the Inpachi, but he had to try something. In any case, if one of them destroyed the other, that'd be one less enemy.

Having formed his plan, Cody fired two shots at Blazing Inpachi with his shotgun, both shots striking it in the face, and then began to lure the Inpachi towards Jecht.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As the battle began Sheibra found herself still on top of the castle, she'd sent her Void Warriors to scout the area around the castle, and immediately report back to her should any of the Counter Corps make it close. Walking near the edge of the castle the magical girl considered entering the castle, but decided against it as it was more entertaining to watch everything from up above. 

It was certainly interesting to say the least. Quite a few people from both sides seemed to be grouped by the river around some giant burning... doll? She couldn't exactly tell what it was, but it was certainly funny to watch it flail about, and watch the tiny people jump out of its way. 

It was then that one of her Void Warriors, Dakini it called itself, came rushing to Sheibra. Pointing it ran back the way it came, this time Sheibra in tow. 

They were now on the other side of the castle, and Sheibra merely watched as three warriors approached the castle at alarming speed. Before she decided to engage them Sheibra felt their power far proceeding them, and decided unless they got inside the castle she would merely watch. 

Frankram was standing atop the wall, overlooking the battle. Foolish beings, fighting fruitlessly, though, those Void Creatures were proving handy, speaking of which, what was his one up to? Hmm. A glowing cryptic pattern appeared and consumed him, teleporting him straight to his Catgirl.

It was looking pretty embarassed, and seemed ot be refusing to leave the castle. When it caught sight of its master, it stomped angrily. "What's wrong? You look fine my darling ~moe~ goddess. Now come on, you looking like that just improves you. Now go and defeat those Counter Corps, for me, for the multiverse, and most importantly, for ~moe~. Now GO!" Frankram declared whilst raising his hands high.

The man was just so inspiring, the Void Cat couldn't help but run throgh the double doors and into the field. it was doing amazingly well for having only two legs, but it kept going across the desolate void plains in order to find the Counter Corps, and destroy them.

The Blazing Inpachi hissed as the blast of water doused his fist. For a moment, the orange flames disappeared, revealing only charred wood, but then the fire took hold again and raced back across its arm. The tree-spirit let out a dull roar as it noticed another incoming water attack. Holding up its arms in an 'x' like pattern, it blocked the brunt of the attack. Once again, the flames disappeared from the creature's arms, but quickly took their hold once again.

The sound of gunshots littered the air as a number of the human meat bags below fired at themselves and one another. It wasn't until two of the bullets hit the Inpachi in the face did it start to care about such trivial matters. Normally, the bullets would be just a minor annoyance, but the two that it had taken to the face had nearly the wooden warrior's eye. Finding that it was the human meat bag that had tried to cut his wires, the Inpachi launched another attack at the boy. Flames erupted from its maw, racing towards the small human and any other beings that surrounded it. 

The Gunslinger

"W-Wha??" Tyson said, as he tried to start moving...unfortunately, he wasn't able to. His mouth however, was a different story. "What the heck is going on?! Why can't I move?" he groaned as he kept trying to move, sighing a bit. "Maaaaaaan, and I was going to be all cool and what not trying to kick your sorry butt!" He tried moving his fingers to pull Diablo and Angelo's triggers, but even that failed.

No good...can't pull the triggers...damn! Think Tyson...there has to be a way out of this!! Tyson thought, moving his eyes around to think of something.

The Assassin & The Keyblade War Hero

Matt and Nero kept walking, surprised they hadn't found any traces of enemies at the moment. Didn't exactly ease one of them up in the slightest.

"Its been too quiet right now..." Matt said, stopping as he grabbed Nero's shoulder. "We should've been confronted with someone..."

Nero simply nodded. It was unusual for them to not have seen anyone try to attack them yet... "Your right Mercer."

"I'm getting the feeling right now...that someone is either following us this entire time...or watching us." Matt said, as he looked to his sides, currently trying to find who was either watching them or following them.

Cody suggested to Eria that she should have just frozen a small part of the river and have everyone ride it as she moved across the river. It was a good idea, to be sure, but it was risky. Eria would much rather be certain that the monsters in the river were frozen solid.

The robot had made it across the river, but it was now in a form Eria recognized. The Blazing Inpachi had once fought with Gagagigo, and though the marauding captain Raoul had helped him defeat it, she knew it wouldn't be the last they would see of it. However, Eria noticed that the man from the Divine Corps had shot a fire spell at her, and she summoned a water barrier around her, and shot her own water spell to counteract it. The water extinguished the flames, and steam surrounded the battlefield. It was just like battling Hiita. Hitta. Just thinking about her reminded her of those three monsters.

"Those monsters used to be my friends," Eria muttered. "I'M GOING TO KILL THAT ARTHUR!"

Eria summoned water both from her staff and from the river, mixing the two as she used it to chase after the man. He was certainly fast, but Eria could move the water to match his speeds. She blocked his path with the water, eventually molding it into a circle surrounding the man until it formed into a sphere. She kept overlapping the tides, making the walls of the sphere thicker both on the inside and the outside, hoping to drown him.

MachGaogamon charged in front of Jecht. "No, Jecht. Your battle is with me and me alone. Gaoga Tornado! MachGaogamon spun around, circling Jecht. Just as Eria would cut off Matthew's path, MachGaogamon would cut off Jecht's. As much as he didn't want to risk killing Jecht, Jecht had admitted he wasn't going to be taking it easy, so MachGaogamon had no choice.

Sora looked at the man jumping down from the tree. Seeking no other option, Sora tapped the pauldron on his left shoulder, commanding his armor to form around him, then leapt across river, jumping in midair to give himself the chance to traverse the river. However, this proved detrimental to his plan, as he caught the attention of several of the draconic creatures. "Aero!" Sora cried out, as a wind barrier formed around him. The heads of the dragons bounced as they hit against the barrier, but the force of their attacks still knocked Sora around. Kicking one of them in the face, Sora bounced off of one of the creatures and landed on another's head, pointing his Keyblade to the sky. "Thunder!" A yellow ball appeared just above the Keyblade, and thunderbolts came out, striking at the beasts. The beast Sora was riding shook as it felt the attack, but Sora grabbed onto its leg. A third creature flew towards Sora, but he took that down with another cast of Fire.

Casting a Reflect spell, Sora bounced off of the beast, launching himself on the other side of the river. Sora rolled on the ground, but stood, looking around for the man he shot at earlier. Moments later, he found him. "Gotcha!" Sora fired an offensive Aero attack, knocking the man off his feet and into the air. Sora casted another Aero spell, this time defensively, to keep up his shield.

Arthur fell to his knees when the reptile let go, but stood up as the scientist seemed to be analyzing what Arthur had said. The scientists was very forceful, shoving his hand in Arthur's face, Arthur reluctantly gave his Digivice to the madman. Arthur looked at the fox creature, and it stood by his side. Arthur kept a clear distance from the mad scientist, but slowly moved his way around him, so that the scientist was standing between Arthur and the reptile. May I ask what that Combustion Sequence was about?"

Matthew Supplex

Matthew lifted his revolver to the water forming around him, specifically above his head. "A valiant effort to be sure." Matthew shot his revolver releasing a devastating Aeroga spell. It was, in essence, a miniature tornado that dispersed the water all around the battlefield; the snow that was on the ground was now a slush-like substance. Matthew opened the revolver and the empty shells fell to the ground, he used a speed re-loader to arm himself again. He spun the cartridge and shot himself once more; four balls of energy surrounded his body and danced along majestically: colored yellow, red, white, and blue. "Now, if you're quite ready for round two." Matthew pointed the revolver, not at Eria, but at Tyson. "I'll be killing your defenseless friend." Matthew fired and a well-sized, thick, and green cloud was launched towards Tyson.

[spoiler=Effects]
Matthew cast Aeroga to disperse the water around the battlefield.
Matthew cast NulAll on himself.
Matthew cast Bioga at Tyson; a spell that will cause massive poison damage if it hits.

Kiotso Senju

Snow continues to fall.

Kiotso was indeed thrust into the air by Sora's attack, however, when he landed there was a shattering sound as the body separated into multiple shards of ice. He arose from the snow a few yards behind Sora, observing his shield of wind. Curious, he proceeded to send four shards of ice from his hand and into the back of Sora. "Your talents are indeed quite high, but you were not subtle while you were flying around in the air. Your movements were predictable." Kiotso explained as to why his spell was easily countered.

Eria watched as the water prison was torn apart. Matthew fired a gas cloud at Tyson, who was frozen in time, but Eria manipulated the damp snow to move to the cloud's position, encasing the cloud in a block of ice just before it could hit the boy. Even if Matthew could heal himself, with luck Matthew's revolver would run out of bullets. She commanded the ice block to launch towards Matthew, raised up the snow surrounding Matthew and the ice block, created more water around that snow, and finally began to freeze it all. She looked at the boy who was frozen still.

"Sorry, I don't know any spells that could save you. I would think it should wear off, though."

Sora looked around as his opponent began to hide himself. He appeared, but was too fast for Sora, shooting four ice shards at the precise places where this wind shield wasn't blocking him. Sora cast a Reflect spell, bouncing the shards right back at the man. Sora grabbed his Keyblade with both hands, pointed them at his enemy, and charged forward, stabbing at him. Where Sora stood, he darted again, stabbing the man once more. Sora repeated this pattern five more times, and after the final one, he threw the Keyblade, the weapon spinning like a throwing star, before finally returning to Sora's hand again. Feeling his magic ability was depleted for the moment, Sora jumped, swinging his Keyblade down on the man.

Matthew Supplex

It was a classic 180 switch, what was once his offense was now rushing towards him; even more so, there was nowhere to run from the ice block that was now heading his way. "If the cards are dealt that way." Matthew pointed his revolver at the block of ice and fired a Thudaga spell into the center of the ice block. When the gas met the lighting a mighty explosion occurred that melted the ice surrounding Matthew but also engulfed him in flame. Luckily the burning eliminated the poison aspect from the attack; his opponents would also have to deal with the explosion in some way. The smoke had cleared from Matthew's side of the battlefield revealing one less ball of energy floating around Matthew's person. His suit jacket had noticeable burns and his hat was lightly toasted but it was unknown if he took any real damage. "My my, you certainly are an interesting ice maiden, and quite fetching." Matthew complimented Eria. Matthew removed his suit jacket and let it fall to the ground. "If you're still alive over there, do allow me to know when I can start attacking again." Matthew said, knowing full-well the explosion wouldn't actually kill them.

[spoiler=Effects]

Tyson is no longer effected by Stop!

Matthew cast Thundaga at the block of ice containing Bioga resulting in an explosion all in the immediate vicinity would have to avoid.

Kiotso Senju

Kiostso watched as his shards were deflected back but they had almost no effect on him, allowing him to dodge Sora's first strike. However, Kiotso found himself entwined into Sora's combination of strikes. It was on that last downward strike however, that Kiotso caught Sora's keyblade at the mid-section; this is when Sora would be able to see that Kiotso's skin was dropping off in bits and pieces of ice and making small prints in the snow. "The sheet of ice I've wrapped my skin in has taken the brunt of your blows." This wasn't to say Kiotso wasn't feeling each strike of the keyblade that landed, but he didn't take as much damage as someone without any protection. "And now I have you here." Kiotso said, ice swiftly traveling down the keyblade and engulfing Sora's hand, it would keep traveling all the way to his head if it was allowed enough time.

The Gunslinger

Tyson was relieved by the save by Eria, and then...he felt his arms drop from their frozen position. He could finally move again! "OH SWEET!" he said with a smile, as he backed up about the time the explosion happened. "HOLY CRAP!! And I thought my explosions with my Gun-Tome was huge." He looked over at Eria. "Thanks for the save. Really appreciate it, Eria was it? Quick intro, name's Tyson Hawks, otherwise known...as the Red Blaze!"

Trigun Badlands Rumble OST ~ The Grandstand Player

He quickly spun Diablo and Angelo in his hands, smirking widely. "As for you, sir...I'm afraid your gonna have to taste the power of TerraEremus' Ancient Gun-Tome of Fire!" Tyson smirked, as he pointed his pistols at Matthew, quickly shooting bullet after bullet, as they blaze out of his guns. Sent Matthew's way were an onslaught of fiery bullets. "Heh, that's the move known as Red Blaze!" he said, placing Angelo back into its holster, seeing a few places where Angelo's bullets hit, begin to explode in a bright blaze to instantly form.

Eria summoned another ice barrier to defend her and the others from the explosion. When the ice shattered, it turned to water, so that they could not be cut by the shards. The boy, now able to move again, introduced himself as Tyson, and thanked Eria for saving him from the Bioga. Matthew's voice could be heard somewhere in the smoke, complimenting Eria on her skill, and also commenting on her looks, much to Eria's disgust. He was waiting to see if Eria was still alive, which gave her time to lie in wait and think of something, but Tyson charged through the smoke, shooting some fire bullets at Matthew. Through the smoke, she could see that Matthew had suffered some burns from his own spell. Snow was dripping on Matthew's arm, and Eria took advantage of that to freeze Matthew's arm, including his hand holding the Elemental Revolver. Behind Matthew, as well as to his left and right, dragon heads formed from the ice and snow, so in case Tyson's bullets didn't do the trick, the dragon heads would consume him.

Sora tried to take the Keyblade, but his arm was slowly freezing. The ice had reached his shoulder, and Sora could barely move his arm. Fortunately, Sora could feel that he had regained some magical power, and cast Fire. The ice shattered, freeing Sora, but the Keyblade master's right arm was burnt, his armor taking most of the damage. Still, he couldn't feel that he could continue using that arm to fight with, and switched to his left arm.

"Whoever you are," Sora said, "I'm taking you down!" Sora shot another Fire ball and cast Magnet, hoping to  draw the ice off of the man.

--XETA's POV--

Xeta was not having a good day.

Between being used as sporting equipment and colliding with the side of the Inch of Will, he could safely say that he wanted people dead. Now for the interrogation he was being assaulted with.

"You're asking me if we work well together? If that were the case, would I have been punted by an over muscled Jack Sparrow impersonator and used as a pool ball?"

He glared at Itsu, his cybernetic eye glinting a sinister red light. "Even as we speak my mechanical eye is surveying the craft's structure for structural weaknesses. And even though we may be a bunch of idiots, quite a few of them can have an overdeveloped sense of morality and will come get me. And when they do, that information is the first thing coming out my mouth. And another thing; you got a leg up on me because I was used as a cannonball and I'm still reeling from that. You do not want to see me in normal condition." Xeta smirked, inwardly wondering if he could use his mechanical eye to see through her clothes.

Alexander/Corps/More than a quarter-mile away from the Castle/Still being chased by Alister

Hoping to lose his pursuer, Alexander skated directly into a dense forest, weaving through the jagged trees until he exited out the other side, failing to notice the ramp-like protrusion made by the ground before him.  Alexander yelped as he was sent sailing through the air, but managed to regain his composure mid-flight and successfully pull off a few backflips before making a three-point landing, with flourish, onto a cliff nearby.

"Phew, that was close," he uttered to himself, turning around to look at the landscape behind him.  Through the gloom of the Shadow Realm, he could see no sign of his pursuer.  Aside from the occasional cry of a Void Creature in the distance, all seemed relatively quiet.  "Huh... guess I lost 'em."

"... guess again," a voice whispered in his ear.  Before Alexander could react, Alister had grabbed the other lombax by the collar and tossed him into the side of a rock, using his OmniWrench to pin Alex by the neck.  "I've got you now, imposter--!"

"A-Alister?!" Alexander gasped out as he struggled against the Wrench that was pinning him down.  "Is that... is that really you?"

"No point trying to trick me!" Alister growled, saliva spraying into Alex's face. "I know a Holo-Guise when I see one!  Did you really think that masquerade would work on me, Alexander?! You--"  Alister immediately ceased his tirade, his angry scowl replaced by a confused look.  "Wait... what did I just...?"

Alex gave a calm sigh.  "We shared a body once," he replied as he began to feel Alister grip on his OmniWrench loosen.  "You see, the last time you and I met, you were--"

"That's enough!" Alexander shouted as he stepped away from Alexander, holding his head and panting as if in pain.  "How... I don't know... how you're doing this, but...."  Alister couldn't finish his thought, his world beginning to spin as he slipped out of consciousness....

Itsu watches as Sarah ties up the rotund cyborg, and she begins to circle him. "Kid, you really don't know how to negotiate. While you gave me information that I could have guessed already, the fact remains that we have you here as a hostage, a bargaining chip, and you are at a clear disadvantage against us. But, since you seem to be sooo scary in top shape..." She stows the katana in her scabbard to bend down to his cybernetics. "There's nothing saying I can't start messing with what's keeping you alive. Sarah, bring the tool box! We're gonna see what makes this sucker tick, unless he's willing to cooperate."

Melvin landed in the middle of the fight between MachGaogomon, Jecht, Eria, and Tyson, a Void Dragon reluctantly at his beck and call. "Good day, fellow citizens of hell! I happened to be passing by on my friend here, Limpnozzle the Alcoholic Dragon, when I saw that you all were attempting to murder each other, so I decided to pop in and see what all the hubbub is!" He then gave a frightening smirk. "Would anyone like a hug?"

Foster pushed forward, the turret near Eria still somehow alive through all of the fighting near her, and tried to keep as stealthy as possible. He found a way into the castle, and, since he was virtually invisible, he could easily sneak towards it, though he instead sent one of his drones forward to scout out the entrance that most of the Divine members had poured out of and see if anyone or anything was guarding it.

Judaihime and Yubel landed near Kiotso, and she ran to him, muttering some magical words before crying out. "Sanctuary!" She cried out, a golden field of motes of light forming around them, though the motes concentrated on herself and Sora. No matter what, she could not cause him direct harm, but neither could he to her, until the spell was broken. She then ran over to Kiotso and placed her hands on him, sending powerful pulses of positive energy through Kiotso's body and causing any wounds he might have to heal up. Finally, she touched both him, muttering some more incantations, and he was suddenly cloaked in a glowing red energy field. "I hath enchanted thine body to better resist your opponent, as well as strike truer than before! I shall remain here, giving you assistance in this duel, unless you wish for me to help another of our comrades!"

Xeta chuckled. "Oh, you want to know what makes me tick, huh? I could just tell you," he said, not sure if he was stalling, bluffing, or both. "Ever hear of Dark Matter? It's a particular metaphysical substance back on my world that accentuates negative emotions to the nth degree. I've been exposed to it by few degrees at a time, you see, so I'm immune to its effects. If you messed with any of my cybernetics, some of it may leak out of my body and latch onto you. And it wouldn't be gradual, it'd be a lot, I've developed an immunity but I still have plenty of it in my body. Powers my cybernetics, actually. And since you're perfectly willing to cut me apart and put me back together again, I'd say you've got plenty of darkness in you already. Wouldn't it be great if your nearsighted efforts at 'interrogating' polluted your better judgement and destroyed all those you hold dear? If I were you, I'd listen. But if you don't trust me- Which is a completely understandable scenario, BTW- Well, feel free to take that risk."

Kozaky the Mad: The Divine

Kozaky hurriedly took the Digivice in his hands. The human had handed it over with only a slight hesitation. For a moment, Kozaky considered killing the boy and taking the device for himself. He had seen the large wolf beast that Arthur was accompanied. He could easily modify the DigiVice, or so he thought, and take control of the Digimon. Another weapon to his arsenal. It was very tempting...but no, no, no. If he killed the boy now, Isamy would assuredly be upset. Upset Time Goddess meant no power for Kozaky. No power for Kozaky meant...well he didn't want to think about what it meant.

Taking a number of tools out of his lab coat, Kozaky began to examine and tinker with the DigiVice. "May I ask what that Combustion Sequence was about?" Without looking up from his work, Kozaky answered the boy. "Inpachi in danger. Inpachi fail safe. Burn to death." Kozaky pulled a wire out of the DigiVice, replacing it with another. The modifications were nearly complete. Now there was just the matter of replacing the damaged power core. Kozaky thought about this for a moment. These matters were always riddled with other aspects of 'science'. Emotion. Magic. Sorcery. All of which Kozaky had studied, but it complicated things. There were no alternate pieces, no spare parts. Everything had to be just right.

Taking the piece of hair that he had retrieved from the boy, he placed it in the very center of the device, binding it to one of the smaller wires. Turning back to the boy, he looked him over. Quick as a snake, his hand struck out, grabbing something off his shirt. A blue piece of fur. No doubt from MachGaogamon. Placing it in the DigiVice, Kozaky smiled. Nearly done. Replacing the cover to the device, the screen lit up. 

"Done. Done. Done." Kozaky handed the device back to Arthur.

Mephala had abandoned hope of getting the assassin's attention. He seemed to be entranced with some man named Nero. Nevertheless, she would not let the day go to waste. She would cause some type of tragedy. Somehow. Spotting a tree in the distance, she launched one of her webs over to it, taking a perch in it. From here she could see Matt and his new 'best friend'. Knowing that her other self had sent a swarm of spiders, she prepared for their arrival. From a distance Mephala could wreak havoc with the two lone boys. Shooting out a web that line itself at the boys' feet, Mephala set a trip wire. 

---

The swarm of spiders scuttled over the land. The swarm was so large that they didn't need to stop for obstacles, forming bridges or ladders on top of one another to keep going. Their bloodlust could be seen in their beady eyes. They cared for nothing more than the juicy flesh of mortals. A few void creatures got in their path, but the mass amounts of spiders quickly overwhelmed anything in the way. 

Before long, they spotted two lone boys. Members of the Counter Corps. With a vicious hiss, the swarm attacked. 

Jecht

“You think ya got what it takes, to go one on one with the champ, kid?” Jecht smirked as he used his increased speed, to dodge a massive fist that came from somewhere in the tornado’s wall.  As he brought himself to sliding halt, he was met with another attack from behind, then from his left, then right, above? In only a few second’s Jecht was hit with a barrage of punches, from multiple angles. there was no possible way the man could dodge them all, so he simply chose not to.  

Opting to take the jab coming from the right, Jecht then used his right hand to grip onto his opponent’s massive fist. This must have looked ridicules to any spectator, but the champion didn't have time to think about that; from what he could hear outside, his partner may be in trouble… 

Not in the mood to take a second punch to the face, Jecht flicked his free hand upwards. “Jecht shield!” Just before the second punch connected, a wall solid flame appeared to defend. The collision between the two, created a force strong enough to dispel the tornado, leaving Jecht, and his challenger standing with their hands locked. Peering through the flames that we’re scattered from the clash, Jecht noticed another ally had entered the fray. “Welcome to the party.” Satisfied with the reinforcements Mathew had received, Jecht returned his attention to his own fight. “It’s getting a little cramped over here… what do ya say we move farther up  court?” Without waiting for a response, Jecht released his grip on his opponents hands, suddenly shooting forward in a brutish tackle. 

Sephiroth

Noticing the three sizable sources of spiritual energy coming his way, Sephiroth took a step forward. “It would seem that some entertainment has arrived.” Once the three members of the counter corps came into view, he instantly realized the difference of power between the large man, and the other two. “That’s a shame…” Sephiroth mumbled to nobody in particular, as pointed his index finger towards the approaching group.  The man’s cyan eyes began to glow as the gathered the energy for his spell, and the three soul reapers would feel the earth trembling under their feet.  

“Quaga” 

Upon Sephiroth’s command, a multitude of massive stalagmites erupted from the ground, in an attempt to separate the smaller of the men away from the group. Not bothering to assess whether or not his spell was successful, Sepheroth vanished from the castle gate, reappearing a few feet in front of the man with the child on his shoulder. As he summoned his sword, Sephiroth remind completely silent , taking up his stance, before smirking. 

Kenpachi landed with a thud, prepared to kick in the castle's main doors.  But just before he could, the ground rumbled below his feet, and his instincts shoved Byakuya aside as he slid backwards.  Someone was coming. 

"Kuchiki.  Get inside and get information.  I'll handle my own," he said sternly.  Byakuya nodded and vanished immediately as he attempted to find a way inside elsewhere since the mian door was nearly blocked completely by the large stalagmites.  Then he showed his face.  He was as tall as Zaraki, but more slender and less mustle strapped.  His long but thin white hair stretched to his legs and led a blind eye to the seven (?) foot long sword he had just summoned.  And judging by the smile on the man's face, he was looking forward to this fight as much as Kenpachi was.  Kenpachi could feel the power behind this man's blade and it was one that rivaled his own.  But how far would it go?  Kenpachi quickly ushered Yachiru off of his shoulder.  "Give us some space little lady.  And put up a barrier.  This is one fight that I can tell--" he stopped to stretch and assess his opponent.  "I can tell ain't gonna have fewer casualties without a barrier.  Strong as you can."

Yachiru said nothing, but scurried off behind Kenpachi and held out two hands, muttering silently as a large clear barrier (the exact same one Byakuya had used earlier on) behind Kenpachi.  It stretched wide and somewhat cornered the other Counter Corps, but it was for their own good.

There was an even bigger problem now, however.  Because the powers of Kenpachi and his opponent were so high, the very air between them began to storm, adn the ground shook violently.  Though Yachiru was used to Kenpachi's fights, she was afraid the fight alone (before even an outcome) would kill herself and those around her.

Kenpachi turned around to make sure the barrier was secure and intact.  Everything was secure, or so he had hoped.  Then he turned back to look his challenger in the eye.  His eyes burned with a fire of voracity and power.  Kenpachi was excited now, his usually malicious grin mimicking his opponent's.

During Dorain and Butler's tour of the castle they were apparently ordered to go find something by somebody who Dorian didn't even no. Dorian's eye's looked up inquisitively as he was searching for the words to verbalize his response. Clearly this zombie like person was on his team but he should definitely learn how to talk to people better. 

No. He rolled his eyes and shrugged. Without giving the conversation anymore of his valuable time he and his butler proceeded to walk in the opposite direction away from the creature. 

It seemed like life was getting a tad more lively by the second and it seemed as if the battle had finally made its way to the castle. Dorian stroked his chin as he was trying to figure out what to do. He looked around and realized that there weren't that many other members of the Divine in the castle itself. So he decided that it would be best to start triggering one of his semi-elaborate traps. Dorian looked at Butler and nodded. Then, Butler looked at his watched and clicked a switch on the side.Then as series of explosions would be heard throughout the castle. Naturally there was next to no damage to the castle's structure but it did do its job. In fact the match between the two powerhouses at the entrance was more than enough to distract people from noticing. What it did do however was leave a thick black mist permeating inside the castle. Butler then pulled out a tablet from his coat and turned it on. Dorian looked at the screen and he could see the dots symbolizing where people were. 

He nodded his head. Excellent. Now things seem to be in place. Hopefully with this in place I fighting will be a lot easier. Let's just get into place and find this soul of her's. If everything goes according to plan we can end this little war between factions. Well at least this leg of it anyway. Hmmm that makes me wonder, how many worlds will we have to deal with before she finds this Origin thingy or what have you?

Dorian and Butler continued to walk down the halls and continued to look for Isamy's soul. With the enemy quickly encroaching. Time was of the essence.

Matthew Supplex

The bullets came first but Matthew had a gun as well, launching a silver ball of energy at the bullets. The bullets were not stopped, however, they were merely slowed by Matthew's spell. Snow shifted slightly on Matthew's arm but it failed to turn into ice at the disappearance of the white ball that was floating around Matthew's body. However, Matthew was far to distracted by his slowing of Tyson's bullets and the shifting of the snow to prevent the dragons biting down onto his shoulders. "Argh!" He said in pain, but what was bad had gotten worse as Tyson holstered his weapon; causing his bullets to exploded. Granted, the bullets were not in him, but they were close enough to melt the dragon heads and launch Matthew through a thicket of trees. The hole his body made through the branches was visible and his smoking body lie at the base of the tree that had stopped his progression.

His two remaining balls of energy stopped hovering around him and visible breath was no longer being expelled from his mouth; his chest also no longer rose. A bright light surrounded his body, and flashed brilliantly throughout the battlefield, Matthew had sat up and leaned against the tree. He quickly clicked his revolver over one slot and shot himself with a Curaga spell, as the effects of Reraise would only grant him enough strength to sit up. "These two are certainly stronger then I might have guessed." Matthew said, watching from his new location as Melvin landed inside the battle zone on his newly tamed void-dragon. Matthew opened his revolver and manually removed the last bullet as it contained the spell known as Flood and would not be beneficial here. He then produced a new speed re-loader and pushed new bullets into his weapon, spinning the cartridge to the first desired bullet. Matthew stood, shaking, the spell hadn't healed him all the way as he was near dead when he used its magic. He started to make the walk back to the battlefield but stopped.

"Is killing myself for some wizard's goal really worth this? Sure, my world was collapsing, but my world could go to hell for all I care." Matthew thought, pausing to rest on a tree for a small bit; not in weary, but in thought. "I could switch sides now, but there's just one problem." Matthew thought, starting to walk again. "She has it now, the Cellulite, and if I switch sides, she might just use it." Matthew finally reached the site of the battle, giving a sigh. "I really do apologize for this, but I can't stop fighting you now, not while she has the Cellulite." Matthew reached into the other side of his suit jacket, the glint of a second revolver was now coming into view.

[spoiler=Effects]
Matthew is no longer protected by NulAll
Matthew is no longer protected by Protect
Matthew is no longer enchanted with Hastega.

Matthew cast Slow at Tyson's bullets.
Matthew was revived by Reraise (Matthew's first shot was upon himself, labeled as an Unkown Spell, Reraise was that spell.)
Matthew cast Curaga on himself (Spell failed to heal him all the way)
~Matthew unloaded a single bullet containing Flood, Matthew reloaded six new bullets into his revolver~

Kiotso Senju

The fire was coming for him but it mattered not. Kiotso flicked his hand toward the ball of fire, forcing a cloud of frost to collide with the flame. There was an eruption of heat and frozen chunks that washed over Kiotso, but it did nothing more than draw a sweat from his brow. "Fire is a dangerous force, but the elements within fire all have their individual freezing points. Making them colder is no challenge for me." It was then that another Divine member started casting spells, he even had the audacity to heal Kiotso's wounds. He didn't turn to ackowledge his fellow Divine and merely raised a hand to him. "You've done enough, either stay back or go support someone else. You're merely wasting talent here." His words were cold and hit the center of souls, but this was no longer a fair fight and Kiotso could not have that. Kiotso then rose a hand to Sora. "Desist from making your attacks until my fellow Divine leaves the battle grounds. I will not have you at unfair odds." Kiotso said, and waited for the other Divine member to leave before attacking Sora once more.

With Emiya

After Ed killed the dragon, Emiya began to explain his Unlimited Blade Works and the general concept while they walked down a supposedly hidden and secret path. The last part of Emiya's explanation slightly worried Ed, since he was in a more unstable state than normal, so was going to have to get his madness under control before trying anything. When Emiya had his comment about Ed's sword, Ed couldn't help but laugh. "You know, in all my years of being with this sword, I have never given it a name. Same goes for the short one, though we haven't been together as long."

A hulking beast suddenly appeared before them, causing Ed to instinctively reach for his faithful sword, but Emiya was already ahead of him by creating a bow and unleashing a salvo of energy arrows into the beast. The main body of it stopped right in front of them, making Ed to ignore the newly falling snow, though he wouldn't have noticed it because snow, the cold, and ice have become completely second hand to him. Ed also hadn't noted that it didn't disappear since he just wanted to kill things and didn't take the time to notice since as soon as they didn't attack him, he didn't care. He comically lightly kicked the chest of the monster before responding to Emiya's question.

"I'm not entirely sure myself. Simply put, you fascinate me. But not you as a person per se, but more like your abilities and what you can do. Because I know that what you can do is not all that is possible from where you're from. And I want to be able to do that, I want to learn what you know ."

They continued walking down the same path before they came across another beast. Its head was made completely of shadowy tendrils swarmed around a single large eyeball and had a gaping maw in the center of its chest. Ed stepped forward and said, "This one is mine." There was a tone of aggression and enthusiasm in his voice. As soon as he said that he rushed toward the monster, except he didn't draw his swords. Instead he created two black ice swords and stabbed one of them under it's chest mouth and the other in its back. Ed went around the monster several times, stabbing several swords into it. When he finished, the beast stood paralyzed in place with numerous black swords sticking out of it like a pin cushion and Ed standing a few meters in front of it. Then, in a single instant, all the swords jerked and simultaneously underwent a vicious slicing motion that bifurcated the creature into several pieces. "I'm not the only with cool tricks."

The Assassin & The Keyblade Hero

Matt turned a moment, seeing the swarm of spiders closing in on them. "Oh crap...Nero...we got company...and a lot of them!!" he said, as he removed the katana from the sheath on his back.

The Keyblade Master, however, tossed his Keyblade into the air. "When I tell you, hop on..."

"TO WHAT?!"

Nero just remained silent, as he slammed down on an object on his left hand: seemed like a button. Suddenly, a light filled the area, as the Keyblade Master appeared in a suit of armor, as his Keyblade returned now...as a hoverboard. Matt just began to slash a few of the spiders, when he finally noticed Nero, motioning.

"Sweet ride...now get going!!" Matt said, grabbing Nero's hand as he steadied himself on the Keyblade Hoverboard.

The two now began to fly above the swarm, as the assassin both shot at the spiders with his pistol and slashed them when they jumped. Alright...who is controlling them...?

The Gunslinger

"A hug? Umm...no sorry not really a hugging kind of person." Tyson was quick to answer Melvin, who seemed a few bricks short of a full load. He returned to the battle, as he saw that Red Blaze did its trick with knocking Matthew for a loop...but that was short lived.

He saw Matthew brandish a second pistol, and it didn't look good. He quickly holstered Diablo, as he stood up and reached for his other gun: Scarlet. "Heh, baby...guess its time for you to show them what your made of already." Tyson said, rubbing his gun's side a bit, brushing off a bit of the dust. He held it up, just like Matthew did with his gun, smirking a bit. "Partner, I suggest you just put the gun down. Honestly, I don't wanna have to use this next move...but I will if you don't do it..."

From his perspective, Matthew wasn't moving, so he just finally had the mentality of: SCREW IT!!! Suddenly, Tyson's hand began channeling flames. They began to pour themselves into Scarlet, which seemed very interesting. "Can't say I didn't warn you...NOVA DRAGON!!" He pulled the trigger, releasing the bullet. However, instead of a bullet coming forth from his gun, a dragon engulfed in flames was shot out from the barrel. It roared loudly as it swiftly headed towards the Matthew. Alright...once it impacts, the dragon will explode and engulf the dude in a dark red blaze. Tyson smirked, watching the dragon fly towards Matthew.

Matthew Supplex

Other than recognizing that Tyson's attack was quite powerful, Matthew wasn't too surprised by him shooting a dragon out of his gun. After all, he was going to perform a similar feat himself. Matthew rose the more elegant Ceremonial Revolver after clicking it over two spaces. He pulled the trigger and instead of a new spell being cast, a bright red light was shining from his gun's barrel. Ifrit had been summoned just then to clash with Tyson's mighty attack. A blinding ruby light was shining through the battlefield as the two clashed, during all the commotion, Matthew took aim with his Elemental Revolver at Eria. This is the only way I can help you without raising suspicion. Matthew shot the revolver and it launched a static white beam of energy that hit Eria in the chest but caused her no pain. Instead, she was merely gone; fortunately, she was no longer fighting Matthew, unfortunately, Matthew had only seen one other location inside the Shadow Realm in which to send her via the Teleport spell. Eria was now on the rooftop of the Castle of Necrophades.

Meanwhile, Ifrit cast his most powerful spell known as Hellfire while inside of the dragon's attack; this caused both his Hellfire attack and Tyson's dragon to fizzle out, with Ifrit still ready to fight. "My dear boy, Ifrit feeds on flames, they heal him rather than damage him; granted your attack was strong to tie with him, if you don't have anything other than fire you have no chance." Matthew explained. Perhaps I can get him to give up before Ifrit's time limit run out sometime during the next post. Matthew thought.

[spoiler=Effects]

Matthew Summoned Ifrit using his Ceremonial Revolver

Matthew cast Teleport on Eria, sending her to the rooftop of the Castle of Necrophades.

"Fine, be useless; see if I care," Riley turned away from the two just after he said this, "Jackass."

With that, he ventured forth on his own, his Deathclaws following in tow. However, it turned out he didn't need anyone after all; Riley managed to find the last scrapings of Void Creatures to make his pack of Deathclaws. There were now about 18 of them, just shy of the amount necessary for a full-sized pack. Perfect.

Once Riley found a decent sniping position, up on a nearby tree, he immediately withdrew his rocket launcher, and used its scope to try and find Xeta. By the looks of things, he'd already have to cross into Counter Corps territory; he saw the battle that most of said forces had been in dead ahead of him, albeit a few miles away on the ground. However, just as he turned to his left, he found Xeta tied to a giant ship, with two of the Counter Corps trying to interrogate him.

"Just let me handle the funking prick," Sarah moaned impatiently, "He's obviously not gonna give us what we want like that, so I'll just roast his lil' ass until he talks,"

Sarah now stepped in front of Xeta, and started to flex her fingers. Itsu, on the other hand, would probably have to either try to stop Sarah before she started shooting a jet of flame from her hand, or head inside the Inch of Will's cargo bay and fetch herself a fire extinguisher.

Gin Furukawa

Gin Furukawa had lost consciousness for a while.

"Why... how is that... Tamae, let us catch up..."

Gin noted his twin blades on the ground, picked them up and ran forward, bumping into another person.

"You... one of the Counter Corps. What might your name be?" Gin questioned.

"Otto. Otto Penelope Joltingson," she introduced before hinting towards her dragons. "Osiris, Dioscuri. Anyways..."

Behind her, there were a horde of black-hued pygmy dragons. Gin knew what to do. By raising 'her' blades, summoning a fusion of pink and blue to shield the girl and 'her'. As the dragons fired their attacks, Gin made a temporary opening, summoned a chrome-hued sphere and used it to defend against the attacks. As the chrome-hued sphere altered in hue to black, he redirected a blame flame at the opponent.

"Tha- that was amazing! Let's be friends," Otto smiled.

"Very well then. Let us cooperate. We require stealth. Tamae, carry me," Gin smiled.

"Very well, Gin," Tamae spoke while carrying Gin in her arms before hovering up. Otto, too, boarded Osiris and flew up high.

"I am unskilled in Aerial combat," Gin spoke, "how about you?"

"I'm self-trained. Does that mean I'm in charge?" Otto questioned.

"I s- suppose I have no choice," Gin blushed before turning away.

"We are close to the battlefield," Otto spoke, "pay attention."

Archived