The Grand Crossover RP - Pathway to Origin [IC/PG-13/Moved to NCM for Finale]

Merci

Unknown Location: Ed's Group, Immediately after arrival.

Clerano had arrived with the others, immediately casting several spells on himself when he appeared on the planet, Thesehaving included an aura buff that would absorb the energy of any physical or energy attack, lessening the damage and allowing the attack to be countered or moved through, a low level healing spell, a spell to increase the effectiveness of any elemental attacks, reduced damage from all attacks, a spell to grant ranged attacks armor piercing and piercing damage, a spell to siphon off one hundered-thousandth of energy, which is then sent through two amplification spells to increase the siphoned output ten-fold each and re-added to the total energy, allowing for the gradual and steady increase in his energy reserves to counter the energy drain needed to maintain his spells. Finally, he puts in place a spell that will allow put any extra energy into the communication stone and use it to make the spells self-sustaining. Once all spells have been prepared, Clerano activates them. When Arthuria's communication was abruptly cut off, Clerano decided to seek him out and aid him, provided that he could find Arthuria. Having come to this decision, Clerano left before any of the interesting events his group got caught up in were to take place, and since he flew away, he would be out of earshot by the time the guns were fired off.

Unknown Location: Ed's Group, Present Moment

Blaze shakes his head at Kratos's antics, but keeps himself from chiding the man as news of potential nearby enemies eaches his ears. He fires of several shots from his hands in the same area as Kratos, and also some slightly to each side, the light emanated from each shot allowing the area around the fired shots to be briefly lit. The area around Blaze is continually lit, because his antlers are formed of fire that continually emanates from the ports positioned where the base of a stag's antlers would meet the head.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lucario, Inch of Will, "Mad Scientist Lab"

Having been messaged by Professor Kokonoe about a "special present" of some kind, Lucario, along with Raphael, made their way toward the "Mad Scientist Laboratory", a room that was "commandeered" by Kokonoe and Washu as their personal Study, where they analyzed the dimensional degradation and its effects on the Multiverse. Upon entering the Lab, Lucario was almost pushed back by the music being blared from the stereo speakers inside. "Wha-what's going on in here?" Lucario asked as he looked around at the Lab's interior, which was slightly unorganized in terms of the placement of equipment and storage of various files but otherwise still looked and acted perfectly functional.

"Ah, about time you got here," Kokonoe shouted over the music as she approached the Aura Pokemon and the anthropomorphic Audino. "Don't mind the music too much, that's just Abby Sciuto being "Abby Sciuto"." She then turned around and, in an even higher shriek, screamed at the forensic scientist, "ABBY!! TURN THAT DAMNED MUSIC--down." Her last word was spoken in a softer, deadpan tone as she realized that Abigail Sciuto had turned down the volume in the middle of her screaming. "... anyways, it's good that you've decided to show up, Lucario. There's something I'd like to show you. Well, technically three things, but two will be shown at once." With that, Kokonoe led the two over toward a strange machine in the middle of the far wall of the room, consisting of a flat-screen monitor and a crossbow-like device positioned in front of it. "So, do either of you, err... "Gentle-Mon" recognize what this device is?" Kokonoe asked the two. Raphael merely shrugged, having no clue as to what the machine was; nothing of the sort was known to ever exist in his Universe.

Lucario, on the other hand, raised his paw before answering: "That is a machine normally used for Pokemon Transfer. It is capable of transporting Pokemon from one far-off region into another. That "crossbow"," he added as he pointed his paw at said apparatus, "was specifically used to "re-capture" Pokemon that appear on the opposite side of that screen."

"Very good, Lucario," Kokonoe replied, amused and impressed by the Pokemon's knowledge of the machine. "Yes, this machine was used for Pokemon Transfer. However, that was before we found it and managed to make a number of... modifications to it. Now, instead of transferring Pokemon from far-off regions, this machine is capable of extracting objects and persons that have been left floating about in the gap between dimensions. With, erm... varying degrees of success, that is," Kokonoe added. "I won't go into details, but some of our first attempts produced some rather... ... grizzly consequences."

"Such as...?" Raphael asked, unable to restrain his morbid curiosity.

"A man spontaneously exploded when we tried to extract him," Washu chimed in with an eerily cheery enthusiasm. "Don't worry, it only happened on the other side--"

"Thank you, Washu!" Kokonoe growled as she shoved Washu aside, not wanting to recount the details. Looking back toward a now horrified Lucario and Raphael, Kokonoe continued, "in any event, we've managed to boost our success-rate since then."

"This clutter you see around you," Washu spoke up as she motioned around at the various odds-and-ends strewn around the lab, "is a result of our use of the Dimensional Extractor. We've grabbed some mini-mechas, Renaissance-era clothing, the Declaration of Independence, heck, even a Caf-Pow Machine for Abigail over there."

"Currently one of few things keeping me sane at the moment," Abby replied in a chipper tone as she took a sip from an extra-large cup of Caf-Pow.

"Still having trouble extracting living beings," Washu concluded, "but, hey, that's what we've got Rodin for."

"Now, to the good stuff," Kokonoe continued. "The real reason we've called you here, Lucario, is... drumroll, please!" The music playing in the background was overwritten by the recording of a bass drumroll. "We at the "Mad Scientist Laboratory"," Kokonoe spoke in an overly dramatic tone, "are proud to present to you... THE MEGA RING AND MEGA STONE!!!" On cue, Washu's two "Mini-Mes", A and B, appeared on Washu's shoulders, each one holding one of the respective items.

"Mega... what?" Lucario blurted, confused and flustered by this whole development.

"Well--"

"We're going to be stuck here forever," Raphael interjected as he picked up a seemingly random remote control from the pile of junk in the lab. "I'm gonna fast-forward this entire explanation." He pressed on the fast-forward button of the remote, causing the entire scene to speed up at about ten times the normal speed, which also had the effect of making the scientists sound like a herd of chipmunks. As this is occurring, Raphael's finger slips on the "Ch+" button on the remote--

Alister Azimuth, Periphery

"... well, that was amusing," Alister spoke up as he approached Red from behind one of the trees.  "So, this... "Ophelia"... she's using our memories as a weapon against us... am I correct in that reasoning?"  He stopped about a foot or so in front of Red, the Zurkon-Wrench strapped onto his back.  "... you're the one I spoke with earlier, back at the Castle, correct?"  He held up his hand, hesitated a moment as if unsure of what he was going to do next would end with him having one less hand, before shrugging off such thought and holding it out toward the dragon.  "The name is Alister Azimuth.  I figure that, if there really is any decent folk among our ranks who truly have their world's best interests at heart... that we should stick together.  Do you agree?" he asked the dragon, awaiting a handshake.

|_)Red, the Arisen(_|

"... well, that was amusing."

Red gripped his staff tightly. The casual tone of the remark suggested that there wasn't a threat, but you just never know. To show that he wasn't afraid, Red casually turned to find... a, errr, rabbit cat thing? It was on its hindlegs like Hunter, but definitely nothing seen before. His attire consisted of a more futuristic tone, not unlike what he would have had the Gnorcs wear in his Lab had the Professor not provided the good fortune to attempt to assault him directly. That was a very bad idea fyi. But, this being was definitely a Divine, and, his energy was familiar. This must've been the being who was having the existential crisis back at Isamy's Castle. "So, this... "Ophelia"... she's using our memories as a weapon against us... am I correct in that reasoning?"

Ophelia? That name was familiar. One of the other Divine mentioned it, but the Isamy girl casually ignored it after being warned about... someone. He was getting closer, and the difference in size was fairly apparant, as the little cat-rabbit thing made it only to Red's thigh. Well, he presented no threat, so there was no need to give the cold shoulder. Oh, what's this? Introductions? It's been a while since Red had seen one of those. "I am Red, one of the five Dragon Sages; and I accept. The Divine lacks a moral compass at the best of times, and it is always good to know who your... friends, are" he replied as he crouched down to Alister's level and shook hands by using his pinky finger.

"This, Ophelia, or whoever she claims to be isn't using memory however. I could feel an unnerving presence from those Dragon Slayer's weapons; clearly they are designed to do as their wielders desire. Quite obviously Ophelia has ties to the Maximus Girl, and as such used this familiarity to analyze the bulk of the Divine in order to conceive a weakness. However, it is blatantly obvious that her information is incomplete" Red remarked as he swept his staff towards the dead Slayers, "as she was unaware of the powers inherent to my staff. I presume she merely took face value and made some good guesses, if that. I have no doubt a fated foe for you is quite nearby, and most likely caters to either what you fear, or what you cannot best. It is subtle manipulation, but lacks tact. She would have done better to lay a mass ambush with something stronger then mere ghosts in a metal shell."

|_)Magical Girl Lyda(_|

"LERNA was a giant monster that I blew up with a wave of hope, and we're attacking the giant purple demon. Don't hurt the blue guys, the real big one is Obelisk the Tormentor, and he's on our side; dunno who the other guy is" she called as she entered the much clearer area of C2 Night, now having been bereft of trees.

There was some shouting from high above, and by squinting hard enough she saw a small dot get blown away by Obelisk. It looked like a human, but the darkness was too much to make it out. Whatever it was however, Lydia raced after it. It looked like a guy, and he was glowing a bit, which allowed Lydia to catch up; despite there being a strange staticky sound in her head.

The winds blew harder as she chased him down, and at a sufficient distance she condensed the air thickly ahead of the human cannonball, slowing him down to a dead halt far ahead. Finally catching up, she couldn't quite make out who it was, but Oh Em F**KING Gee, he has a Keyblade. That is so f**king cool. "Are you alright, err, you? You took a bit of a hit from Obelisk just now" she remarked as her vision attuned to who she was looking at.

"Oh, you're Arthur right? The one who called me? I'm guessing that big demon thing over there is after you. Y'know, if this were any other day I'd make a joke about personal demons, but I guess the moment just isn't right."

The static sound was getting much louder now, and, it felt like an enormous headache.

Chandra, C4, Night

Catching up with Blaze and Kratos, Chandra arrived to see some dark-skinned man with an afro along with the guy who quickly introduced himself as Kazuya, before Blaze, Kratos and the other guy turned and attacked off in the direction Kazuya had pointed. Quickly extinguishing her flame, leaving the only light around as that coming off Blaze's antlers, she peered off into the now illuminated darkness, looking for any sign of the unknown assailants. At the same time, she was gathering mana in her right hand and channelling it through her gauntlet, using the gauntlet's effect to enhance the mana she was channelling through it so the next spell she cast would be more powerful.

-----

Ayame, Unknown Location, Day

Arriving in the forest, Ayame had to dodge away as she was instantly beset upon by a demon in the shape of a Minotaur wielding a huge battle-axe. Turning towards it, she sent out a bolt of lightning into the Minotaur before having to dodge another attack, the bolt of lightning having done nothing to it's thick, magic resistant skin. Running away, she sent a few more bolts behind her into it as she ran before having to veer off to the right to avoid another attack as the battle-axe got stuck in a tree from the most recent swing. With a bit of space finally to look back better, she could have a look back at it to check if her attacks were doing anything. To her surprise, she could actually see some blackened marks on it's chest where the bolts had hit, as if the lightning itself had done nothing but the dark corruption carried within the lightning was having some effect on the demon. As it pulled the battle-axe free and charged at her again, she dodged around its next attack before sending a continuous stream of lightning bolts into it.

Seemingly still throwing off any effects from the lightning, it charged her again, forcing her to dodge away even as she followed it's movements with lightning. With the majority of it's body now blackened by the constant hits from her lightning, she cut off the constant streams, choosing instead to charge up a couple of spheres of lightning, her Lightning Shockers, and throw them directly into the Minotaur, hitting into its thick hide as the shockers and finally succeeding in her desired effect, converting it into a voiding and imprinting a command onto the Minotaur's mind as it shattered, the simple command to Protect Me. With that in place, the demon Minotaur that had originally come to kill her would instead act as a guardian for her, protecting her until it somehow died.

fwlo2o.jpg

NIGHT-END [C2]

The forest gave way to a sort of clearing, with the monstrosity having ravaged the forest, there were not many trees in the area left standing. Now at this distance, he could better tell the flying figure which had been previously pestering the abomination. It looked like "MachGaogamon? No; the resemblance is uncanny, but his armour was not this the last time I saw him. Moreover, the human says you are my enemy, demon! In the name of the Predacons, prepare for oblivion!"

With a few long strides, Predaking rolled onto the ground and geared up his T-cog. His every piece and bolt dislodged, moved around and readjusted to its new position, as a beast. An otherworldy screech left the dragons compound mouth before unbinding his wings and vigorously taking flight.

2vi1ir8.gif

Now getting closer to the flying blue wolfman, Predaking took a sharp turn and instead circled around the demon. He promptly stopped right opposite to the blue flyer, charging his devastating breath weapon and firing it down at the eldritch foe.

Alexander Abernathy and Ratchet/Inch of Will/Primary Cabin (few moments before take-off)

"... jeezus, Umbris, really?!" Alexander uttered under his breath in disbelief as he read through the dossier that Kokonoe had handed him.

"Whatcha reading, Alex?" Ratchet spoke up before Umbris could protest again, taking a seat next to his fellow lombax while holding Clank in his lap.

"This dossier... Umbris had gotten himself into a whole lot of trouble a few hours ago," Alexander explained. He clasped a hand over Umbris' mouth before continuing: "It lists all of the various "offenses" that he had committed as he was looking for some clothes for Izumi to wear."

""Offenses"...?"

"Of the "Borderline Sexual" kind," Alexander replied, struggling to keep his hand over Umbris' muzzle. "OW!! Umbris, what the f--?!"

"Kokonoe is f**kin' crazy!" Umbris blurted out, having succeeded in freeing his muzzle by biting Alexander's hand. "All I was trying to do was do a friend of ours a favor, and she and just about every other person with 2 X-Chromosomes decides that I was being a creep--!!"

"Fiendish Chain!" Alexander called out as he held up a Trap Card; out of nowhere, various metal chains appeared and bound Umbris from head-to-toe, with a muzzle placed over his mouth for good measure. "Umbris, your outbursts are really not helping your case here. Now, shush!" The Neo-Spacian could do nothing in response other than to struggle against his restraints and growl.

"So, uhh," Ratchet said, "what "offenses" did he accumulate?"

Alexander placed on a pair of reading glasses (which were actually more for show) before proceeding to read off the list: "Ah-hem....

"35 counts of inappropriate staring,

23 counts of sexist/misogynistic remarks,

8 counts of unwanted advances,

13 counts of inappropriate contact,

1 count of damage to 1 "Iron Tager"

1 count of unauthorized entry into the women's locker room,

1+ count(s) of interacting with a minor,

7 counts of wrongful damage to clothing (stains, tears, etc.),

3 counts of attempted cleavage diving,

1 count of a successful "full-body" cleavage diving...

... and on Samuel's behalf, 1 count of disrobing and redressing an unconscious person."

"WOT?!" Samuel Hainz blurted out in outrage. "How is that considered an offense?! I was jus' tryin' ter help Izumi out--!!"

"Second Verse, same as the first!" Once more, Alexander called out a Fiendish Chain, this time binding Samuel in the lengths of demonic chain. "Sam, I do wish to remind you that this technically is your fault; had you simply told Umbris what Bradbury had said, this fiasco would never have occurred," Alexander explained in a calm, professional tone. "... not to mention, your wife Esther was pretty upset by this."

"You spoke to his wife?" Ratchet asked.

"I had to," Alexander replied. "In fact, I've been going around during the past hour trying to play Damage Control just so everyone understood the whole story. BECAUSE, APPARENTLY, I'M ONE OF THE FEW PEOPLE UP IN THIS B!TCH WHO'S CAPABLE OF TALKING SOME SENSE INTO PEOPLE!" he added in a furious tone before almost immediately forcing his face into a wide grin.

"... o... kay," Ratchet uttered, blinking a few times at Alex.

Alexander huffed out a huge sigh, feeling slightly exhausted over the whole ordeal. "Sorry about that. It's just...." Another pause from Alex. "... keeping everyone under control, then having to help Izumi find herself again on top of this next mission... ... I feel like I'm starting to get stretched thin here...."

Ratchet, with a small smile, placed a hand on Alex's shoulder. "You'll do fine, Alex. Just do what you can. Everything will fall into place."

Feeling somewhat better from Ratchet's encouragement, Alexander nodded with a smile of his own. "Thanks, kiddo."

"So, err, any chance that me an' Umbris could, y'know... get unchained here?" Samuel asked hopefully.

"Nope!" Alexander chimed with a chipper tone, still grinning. "You two are staying like that until we get to the Periphery! =3"

Sphere Forest of the Periphery

"Wow, so this whole planet really is just a forest," Ratchet said as he and Alexander finally disembarked from the Inch of Will.

"Yeah... strange, though," Alexander responded as he tapped his foot on the earth underneath. "How can these trees flourish in ground that's this dense and hard...?"

"I am afraid that now is not the time to analyze the flora of this planet," Clank suggested. "We must proceed with our mission."

"Clank's right," Ratchet replied. "We still have the Divine to deal with...."

Alexander sensed Ratchet's unease in his statement. "... are you alright to do this, Ratchet? You know that there's that possibility...."

Ratchet gave a slight cough before replying, "... yeah, I know... ... I may not want to, but... if we come across Alister...." The young lombax trailed off, a sad expression crossing his face.

[Alex and Ratchet's current location: C-3 Night]

Sayer/Periphery/B4 Day

"You don't have to shout, Vigilance," Sayer muttered under his breath, having heard the suit of armor's demand from across the dimensions. "Now, you had better be sure that this plan of yours will work. Otherwise, I'll have to reconsider our little "partnership" in a way that I assure you will not enjoy...."

Isamy's Castle

As this was being said, the R.O.D. that was left with Vigilance expanded to a grand size. If Vigilance had any sense of touch, he could actually feel a slight draft coming from the R.O.D.'s pupil.

"Proceed inside when you're ready."

Day E2

It seemed as if all three members of Team Dorian had the same awesome daydream at the same time. They were all overly suspicious about this Madara character but it seems as if he didn't even make it through the portal that Isamy had laid out for them. Maybe she saw something somehow and rectified the situation before it could fully become a situation. What was interesting for Dorian was simply that if this theory was correct then he really wished he stayed behind to give Isamy a good "I told you so." Nevertheless he couldn't be distracted with that manner of stuff right now. Now he should preoccupied with looking for this whole Door/Path/Key of Origin business. This also made him remember he had know idea what the thing even looked like. At some point he should get in the habit of asking his boss more about his duties. Hopefully this thing (whatever it was) would just appear to him as he searched making his life (well second life) a lot easier. 

Now that he was concentrated on this place Dorian didn't really like this whole forest setting. That oxymoron of being full of life yet so stagnant at the same time. Hell had forest like this. Dorian shook his head as he just wanted the bad memories of it all to just go away. This place surely wasn't fun. While he was busy traversing the randomness of this dank place he would actually be to busy to notice that he was actually being followed. Had spent some more time actually learning the ways of Cosmos he would have easily picked up on this creatures weird aura. But he didn't train therefore he didn't notice. No matter he would soon meet his stalker and have a nice...chat. In the mean time he did what any other sane person walking in the woods would do at this time. He began to talk to himself.

"Hmmm I think Isamy's racist. I mean I'm pretty sure I'm the only black man...well not much of a man anymore...working for the Divine. Actually now that I think about it I don't really remember seeing any other black people working for the Counter Corp either (he doesn't remember his encounter with Foster). I mean I want to be special but serious. Black people aren't good enough to fight for or destroy the multiverse. Yep all the racism. Then again does Isamy even have a race like that. I'm sure with all the time-space magicy sciency stuff she does she probably thinks she's above the entire concept. So if that's true then it wouldn't truly be racism as much as she just doesn't care. Hmmm..meh" Dorian chuckled at his own thought and folly and then actually heard the rustle of the trees above him. Something was actually about to make its move. Dorian looked up and saw that there was something jumping around from tree to tree till it landed right in front of him. 

"OOOOKKKK" Dorian looked at with a weird gaze. The perpetual smile on this creature was certainly off putting but Dorian just figured it was one of the many beast that he would soon put under his command. Dorian stuck his hand out and tried to instill his dominion over the creature, but then something not so favorable happened. Dorian looked on in shock as with amazing speed LM came at Dorian and delivered a mighty punch to the young specter's stomach. "The F*..." Dorian couldn't even finish his statement as LM followed up his mighty punch with an elbow to Dorian's neck. In a surprising amount of pain Dorian tried to figure out what just happened and how he was still conscious, but he didn't have time. LM grabbed Dorian by the back of the head, stood him up straight, and punched Dorian straight in the face sending him flying into a nearby tree. Dorian's body was now embedded inside said tree. The minion of Hell pulled himself out breathing heavy sighs, but LM wasn't about to let up with the assault. This time though Dorian thought he would try to be prepared. While LM was running directly at Dorian, Dorian proceeded to shoot fire balls at the thing trying to gain some kind of distance advantage. What was hilarious was that LM had amazing reflexes and proceeded to dodge every attack in classic anime fashion. Once LM got in close though he unleashed a flurry of kicks that were mainly directed at Dorian's vitals, but of course there were plenty to his face. Dorian was clearly not understanding the situation, but he knew he had to act fast. Unfortunately he wasn't thinking fast enough. For a good two minutes Dorian's body was being used to fell trees. 

After pulling himself out of the latest tree wreck he thought that there was something interesting in the whole creature. It specialized in close range combat only. Dorian smiled as he was ready for his counterattack. LM then ran at him with amazing speed, but Dorian was ready. "COME AT ME BRO! CORONA BLAST!" Just then a massive stream of black fire was shot from in front of Dorian and he blasted it LM,.....buuuuuttttt it didn't work. LM easily power slid under the stream of fire and swept Dorian off of his feet. Then LM kicked Dorian's floating body up in the air as it looked like he was about to go for a classic ShiShi Rendan. Dorian steady floating in the air was simply stupified by what was happening. He was not going to go out like this type of loser. He then encased himself in a cocoon of fire hoping to trap his opponent, buuuuutttt it didn't work. LM turned gold and the black flames dispersed. Time seemed to have slowed down for Dorian as what was going to be a ShiShi Rendan turned into a pure ugly Falcon Drop. Like a missile Dorian's body was plummeting through trees, branches, and even other creatures till he crashed directly into the ground leaving a massive crater. 

LM jumped back as it looked like it was successful in actually killing its target. Well...it wasn't. After a few seconds of Erie quiet. An tower of black fire shot up to the sky and from came a very bloody Dorian with a blank look in his eyes. "Alright...round 2" Dorian said softly. LM gladly obliged as it went for the same opening move but this time it was Dorian who was the one who dodged. LM tried to follow it up with some masterful kung-fu but all of that was too slow to hit Dorian now. Now Dorian was actually using his cosmos to perceive his opponents attacks and with cosmos you would have to be at least as fast as the speed of sound to make Dorian flinch. LM tried put all of his strength into a roundhouse kick to the face, but Dorian had already ended the match. LM didn't have time to fully notice that the entire right side of its torso was missing. It was simple. Dorian burned it off. the specter snickered as looked at that perpetual smile on his opponent. "Sooo guess whoever made you didn't account for that Corona is a lot hotter than regular fire....sucks to be you doesn't it." LM simply fell down lifeless and Dorian gripped his sides in pain as he ventured to resume his search. Spitting up blood every now and again (towards A2 Day).

Hmmm an opponent made just to beat me. I guess I should be honored.

It's actually quite simple. Dorian has never been in a real fist to fist fight before. That's why he has Butler. He knows how to fence, but that's actually the bulk of it. Even in his fights against the Counter Corp he's either tried to end things buy throwing massive energy explosives everywhere or simple have one of his spirits possess his body and they do the fighting. Ergo anyone with excellent close range capabilities would easily be able to destroy Dorian. Luckily though his stint in Hell gave him two very useful upgrades. The first being massive endurance, a fist beating like that is nothing compared to what they make you do in the gladiators circle. The second being the gift of Cosmos which didn't increase his hand to hand capabilities, but it made it exceedingly easy to dodge. Nevertheless this did confirm his suspicions about a third party controlling the events. Once again he found the urge to tell Isamy "I told you so." 

It didn't seem possible, but death had come quicker to parts of the Counter Corps sooner than expected...

Maxwell and Kurai knew this feeling anywhere...

Madara...Uchiha!

Before the poison could come close to doing anything (Especially since it was an illusion), Maxwell shouted, "We're about to be caught in a physical illusion, brace yourselves!" The four warriors did so (Including Richard before he acted on impulse). Everyone else remained protecting themselves from the supposed "poison", but by then, Richard had already taken action. The other 3 didn't realize their willpower was strong enough to realize the "poison" from the "pollen" didn't exist. And when they realized it, the horror show had already begun. Tsunugai was beyond horrified when he saw the fate of Matthew. It was as if he forgot about the very thing that would prevent most of his injuries. But it would have been in vain...

Nothing could comprehend the emotions Tsunugai was feeling. It was unlike anything he had ever seen--well, except one moment. But he dare not speak of it...

And as Matthew spoke his last words, Tsunugai could do nothing, but close his eyes as tears streamed down his face.

And for some reason, it all felt like a dream, and at the same time, none of the four could remember what happened to them...

There were all just standing by one another like normal. Suddenly, they were split up by an unknown force, moving to another location that appeared to be in the night. Tsunugai and Richard remained together as Maxwell and Kurai, but they couldn't see one another as they were far enough to not realize where each other was. "What...just happened?" asked Tsunugai. "I don't know, but keep your guard up now that we're split up." Tsunugai nodded, but then felt a cold chill down his spine. He knows of this feeling anywhere. "You alright?" Tsunugai turned around and saw a creature that put fear in his heart from the get go.

"The Glory of the Flesh..."

Richard could see it now, too, and it wasn't a pretty sight to behold. Call it the epitome of nightmares combined with the amalgamation of dead corpses. But that was putting it lightly. However, because it was not taller than the trees surrounding the area, it was be a stroke of luck to see this coming...

"W-what is that!?" asked Richard. "They're a creature from my universe." "'They'?" "It's complicated. They were sealed away a long time ago in a previous generation. They're believed to be a summoning ritual that was incorrectly done, resulting in..them." Tsunugai and Richard unsheathed their swords. "So how did you beat 'them' before?" Tsunugai was silent, as he never wished to speak of this again. But now he's faced with the same challenge, and hopefully things turn out for the better. "I embraced death and destroyed their source from within..." Richard was surprised, but not as much as he thought he would be."O...kay?" "I'll explain further when we have a break." "Riiight..."

(Current Location: C4 "Night")

[spoiler=nullpost]

Necra (B4 - Night)

Things seemed to get darker the further Necra went.  Not that she had any idea where she was going; both the Necra and Sharon bodies were travelling without a destination, hoping to reach another ally.  Fate, or whatever passed as fate, had other ideas.  From the ground rose three creatures - seemingly they were made of dirt and grass, but closer inspection would reveal that this is mere camouflage.  They look kind of like a large furry dog, if grass were fur, sporting large clawed paws.  Unusally, they stood on their hind legs, though they were hunched over.  Their faces - if one could call it that - merely had a single large nose and a huge jaw filled with three rows of jagged teeth stretching halfway around their faces.  They dropped to all fours in unison and began sniffing through their noses.

And then they started drooling in Necra's general direction.

They started galloping towards her, intending to circle her.  Necra readied her dagger and began channeling her power through it, in case these creatures were evil.  However, this seemed to agitate the grassdog beasts, and one lunged at her.  Or more specifically, her dagger.  Necra ducked and dived forward, cutting the underbelly with her dagger, causing it to bleed a little.  It began to seal up, however, and Necra stood in surpise when she noticed it was eating something... invisible?  Sharon Caile soon understood what exactly these creatures fed on

They eat magic.  Sharon Caile realized this fact once she noticed something was eating the magic off the dagger.  As the dagger was summoned with her will alone, it would be a bad idea to have the magical weapon eaten.  First, though, she turned off the evil-slaying ability, though she knew that the Sharon body would have a harder time dealing with these grassdog beasts since the magical light could not be turned off.  After that, Necra began slowly backing away, hoping to get out of their range without them noticing.  She had no idea she was backing her way towards sector C4-night, where some allies waited... and a potential ambush would threaten her safety once again.

Sharon (D6-Night)
Now that Sharon Caile knows about the grassdog beasts, she could prepare to give the Sharon body a method of defense.  Sharon took her time to fashion a makeshift spear out of some wood and a stone, using her shortsword to sharpen the stone.  The bark of the trees were suprisingly sturdy; Sharon Caile figured that if she was careful, the weapon would last long enough to kill one, maybe two of the grassdog beasts.  Still, it was best to be careful, so Sharon began making a second spear while keeping an eye out for any possible attacks from creatures or enemies.

Tenshi (???)

Tenshi suddenly found herself back in her home in Heaven, and the place is still intact without much damage, for some unknown reason. More curious than overjoyed, Tenshi decided to explore the place, only to found someone similar to her, no, another Tenshi (but seemingly younger than her), talking to her caretaker-slash-Dragon Palace messenger Iku Nagae, much to her surprise. Before the two could notice her, Tenshi managed to hide behind a pillar, and she then decided to hear their conversation.

“Iku, may I ask a question?” The other Tenshi’s tone and expression seemed to be…wait a minute. Tenshi could not actually detect her current emotion even with her sword, not that it matter much, but at least she could conclude that from what she heard, it’s more like curiosity mixed with…..worry? Tenshi now decided to try her best to peek from behind the pillar, just as Iku answered the other Tenshi with a nod.

“So, what did I actually do in the past for me to deserve being in this place? Father and mother was a great person who was chosen by the Dragon God himself to be ascended to heaven. The others had done many amazing deeds in their lifetime on earth.”

“…..”

Iku went silent. Tenshi suddenly found this event to be familiar, yet she couldn’t put her thumb on when did this event happened.

“Iku, something wrong?” The other Tenshi asked worriedly, and broke the awkward silence caused by her previous question. Meanwhile Iku was looking above, and without turning her attention back to Tenshi, answered:

“…Nothing, actually. You have never done anything worthwhile for you to be ascended.

You were ascended because of Lord and Lady Nai cannot manage to leave you alone when they were ascended.

Truthfully, if Lord and Lady Nai is not such a influential being here, many celestials would’ve kicked you out of heaven. By entering heaven without having done anything worthy, it’s such a spite to the face to the others who worked hard to enter here.” 

Iku’s straightforward answer silenced the other Tenshi.

“Personally, I have no qualms about you being here, but I’m just speaking about the others opinion on you. You do realize that you’re not quite a popular individual here, no? Even your father sometimes get put off by your antics. “

“…I see.”

“Why did you ask that question though?”

“…Ah, no no no!

No reason, no reasons at all!

I am just being curious like usual.

Anyway, Iku, can you borrow me some books? And I think the ones with pictures will be really good.”

The sudden change of tone in the other Tenshi’s reply was quite jarring. Before Tenshi could find out about the context of the event, the place where she stands suddenly changed, and she was now in a room in the middle of the night. Her room.

The other Tenshi was there as well, and she looked frustrated. Tenshi quickly corrected herself; that was an understatement.

“…Those old geezers! Acting all high and enlightened just because they donated a mountain for the poor or some other insignificant things, and used that to justify them to treating me like a brat and ignored me!

…I’ll show them that I can top all of their actions. I’ll show them that I am worthy of being here!”

Tenshi seemed to get vaguely reminded about something in her past, but the context was still unclear. As she was still trying to make a context out of the event in front of her, the other Tenshi broke down crying.

“…I can’t. I can’t do that.

…I’m beyond all help.

…I’m useless. A failure.

…Useless.

Useless.

Useless….”

The scenery suddenly changed once more, this time it was depicting Gensokyo, now in ruins.

Tenshi realized that this was the time when the Lunarian tried to purge Gensokyo. And she noticed herself was slaughtering moon rabbit soldiers here and there, trying her best to protect a wounded Iku.

Tenshi, realizing what was going to happen, ran away straight at the direction of the two, hoping to be able to save one of them from a certain doom.

She was too late.

A moon rabbit managed to get overlooked by the Tenshi guarding Iku, and shot Iku right in her head. As the both Tenshi realized what was happening, they froze in their current place.

Then a scream could be heard.

And everything suddenly went black.

Tenshi (???-Day)

Tenshi woke up from her sleep, and found herself to be covered in cold sweat.

“…..I should get going.”

Tenshi then examined her body to see whether her body had fixed itself when she was asleep. After being sure that there was no major injuries left, Tenshi walked away from the place in hope of finding some more things to battle, hopefully easier than Aya.

From her expression, it’s clear that she was troubled by something, but it seemed that she tried to ignore it for now.

Several meters behind her, another winged humanoid chuckled, and watched as Tenshi slowly disappeared in the ocean of trees.

Kazuya (C4-Night)

When everyone suddenly attacked the point where he said his assailants were coming from, Kazuya only smiled as he tinkered with his COMP to see whether its function was still good.

-Fusion is Possible. End Result=???-

It seemed like the fusion option was still running smoothly, and he was sure that it’d help him sooner or later. Before he was there, he remembered that STEVEN contacted him about an update to his fusion application, but Kazuya hadn’t had time to actually test the new features.

He suddenly remembered about one of the features should’ve allowed him to see the end result of a fusion.

Which it failed to do just moments ago.

Kazuya decided to ignore the problem for now, marking it as low priority, and decided to look at the aftermath of the combined attacks. The area seemed to be quite devastated, but he thought that It’d be silly for the monsters to just stand there and watch themselves burn.

He then turned to see Kratos, Black Dynamite, and some other figures that suddenly appeared (or was overlooked by him).

“That might have taken care of a problem, but I don’t think that they’re the only malicious beings in the forest.”

He then resummoned Pascal, and immediately rode it. He then ordered it to constantly breath a small stream of fire, not enough to cause a forest fire, but enough to give him a limited line of sight.

“I guess this is the time when we need to keep moving, and I think it'll be good if we stay together. That fire’ll surely attract wild monsters to us, and give more intelligent beings a hint of our location so they can start sneaking on us.

According to my guts, enemyless areas either contain something, really, really foul, or we just failed to notice them until we’re too late.”

Xansvita (w/ Gogiga) - B3.D

Xansvita and Gogiga arrived in the Sphere Forest of the Periphery at the same time as the rest of the Divine, but were separated from the rest of the group. The bright sun made Xansvita hiss, finding the light to be annoying, but Gogiga stood vigilant. Suddenly, the two of them felt as though they had repeated the motions of stepping out of the portal, watching as a beam of blue light was shot straight at the sun. Xansvita dismissed it, and began to open a Corridor of Darkness. "Let us see how our little prisoner is handling himself." However, just as soon as the Corridor had happened, it disappeared, much to Xansvita's surprise.

"That's a very lovely portal you had," a voice mocked. Xansvita turned to see a figure dressed in purple robes, with a high collar that stretched up to the man's head. His face was gray, with white markings across his voice. "Now that I have your attention, if you would be so kind as to tell me which realm this is, I would like to know where I am. I have business to attend to in Gielinor, you see." Xansvita raised his right arm and flicked a Firaga spell at the man, but a purple skeleton in dark robes and armor appeared, carrying in his right hand a small staff with a crescent at the tip of it, purple energy gathering within. With his left hand, the skeleton blocked the Firaga spell before casting its own fire spell at Xansvita. The Familiar raised a Reflega shield to absorb the attack, dispelling it as the man raised a hand to command the skeleton to stop. "I simply must apologize for Ahrim. Now then, where are my manners? Ah yes. My name is Sliske. Now that the formalities are out of the way, I shall ask you again: What realm is this?"

"This place is known as the Sphere Forest of the Periphery. We are Xansvita, and just as you see to have your own little bodyguard, this is ours, Gogiga."

"'We'? Ah, you must suffer from a split personality! Such a pity. Well then, Xansvita, here's a deal. As the first resident of this realm I have encountered to not be immediately killed by one of my Barrows, I shall present to you an offer! I am always searching for trophies to add to my collection of wights, but alas, truly skilled warriors are very hard to come by these days. There is one adventurer in particular I have had my eyes on, but that is a story for another time. Tell me, where can I find the strongest warrior in the realm?"

Xansvita laughed, stepping closer to Sliske and Ahrim. "We are the strongest in this realm."

Sliske smiled. "I see. Well then, how about you call forth that portal once again? Oh, don't worry, I won't make it go away this time. Just try it."

Xansvita shrugged and opened the Corridor of Darkness, but just before they could enter, a boy dressed in a magenta outfit with baggy pants that went up to his knees, the rest of his legs covered with knee-high socks, like this dude was a f***ing prince or something. On his chest, his outfit had the image of a heart, on his face, he had incredibly pointy sunglasses that looked like something you'd see in the animes. His hair was covered by a billowing, majestic hat, and the boy held a katana over his head, ready to bring it down upon Xansvita's head.

"Would you please take care of this?" Xansvita asked Gogiga.

The reptilian bodyguard nodded. "Yes, my master." Gogiga reached to grab the boy, but the boy somehow managed to perform a acrobatic pirouette in midair, stabbing his katana into Gogiga's arm.

Standing on Gogiga's hand, the boy looked at the people around him. "Alright, so can someone explain to me where the f*** I am?"

"Take care of that as well," Xansvita ordered.

Xansvita, Sliske, and Ahrim stepped into the portal while Gogiga picked up the boy, who was still holding his katana, and threw him against a tree.

"Who are you?"

"Dirk. I want to know what the hell just happened that sent me here."

Gogiga squinted at Dirk. "Are you with the Counter Corps?"

"Considering how that's the dumbest name I've ever heard, no."

"I see. Regardless, you have attacked my master. For this, you must die."

"'K. Bring it."

The Corridor of Darkness closed behind Xansvita, Sliske, and Ahrim, but Ra spent no time in immediately charging towards the group in his Phoenix Mode. Xansvita merged with the shadows while Sliske simply rolled along the floor, leaving Ahrim to be enveloped complete by the flames.

"Not surprised to see you out of your cage so soon!" Xansvita cried out as he appeared from the shadows, leaping into the air as he fired a Dark Blizzaga, only for his attack to have no effect.

"Care to explain who this is?" Sliske demanded.

"It's a god," Xansvita answered.

Sliske smiled. "Oh? Then this should be quite interesting, then. Well now, it hasn't been that long since I killed a god!"

"You've killeds gods?"

"Well, one. But considering how that god was keeping the rest away, and this god is apparently so weak that he could not have escaped this void of yours, I'm sure he will be no problem."

"Arrogant subhuman," Ra said. "Your cage could not hold Me for even five minutes, but if you insist on returning to this void of yours, you will come to regret it. As for your new allies, they too shall be destroyed."

Sliske raised an eyebrow. "Let us test that theory, shall we?" Raising his hands up, Ahrim was joined by five more wights, each one wearing different armor and wielding their own weapon. One had two hammers, another a large greataxe, the third wielded a spear, the fourth swung a flail, while the fifth readied a crossbow. The wight wielding the spear also held a staff with a crooked shaft, and a tip that resembled two wings with an emerald nestled between them. The wight passed the staff to Sliske, who pointed it to Ra. "You are fighting a Mahjarrat that has killed a god, and the six Barrows Brothers. I am simply anxious to see how you hope to take us all down."

Xansvita laughed at Sliske. "Do not forget, 'He' is our prisoner. We will not let ourselves be upstaged by you."

Clerano, Skies of the Periphery

Clerano flies through the canopy of the Periphery Forest for several minutes, actively searching for any trace of Arthuria from the sky. Just as Clerano consider's veering off to the side to start a new search in a different area, he hears the sounds of battle, prompting him to ascend above the upper story of the trees. What he sees can only be described as the kind of eldritch abomination he would see in some of his darker dreams. Checking to make sure his spells are active, in addition to acivating an enemy lock-on spell and a lightning element buff spell for weapons-fire, Clerano brings his weapons to bear, firing at Ogudomon as he flies directly at him. Thanks to the combination of spells, his shots should pierce a goodly distance into Ogudomon's body, if not completely through it, the lightning element spell causing continuous damage the whole way through.

Blaze, w/ Kratos et al

Blaze reaches up to break off several tree branches and light the tips of them, handing them out to each individual member of the party. It does no good to be blind, and Blaze feels that it's possible that not everyone present can generate light sources on their own.

Arthur (Using Drive with Eria) & MachGaogamon - D1 Night

Arthur sighed in relief. As much as he wanted the glory of destroying Ogudomon all on his own, Lydia had destroyed LERNA. If nothing else, he knew she was someone he could rely on. Unfortunately, Ogudomon had managed to destroy even Obelisk, and Lydia's victory over LERNA was due to super special awesome magical girl shiny hope powers. Something like that couldn't be used whenever Lydia wanted. Then again, after everything he'd seen so far, he wouldn't be that surprised if it could.

"Thanks for the save," Arthur said at last. "Still think you got some of that power left over from when you destroyed LERNA?"

As Arthur spoke with Lydia, Ogudomon looked over the battlefield before it. A mechanical dragon swooped around it, firing a breath weapon down upon it, but the dragon's boast of Ogudomon needing to "prepare for oblivion" was, in the beast's warped mind, a hilarious idea that Ogudomon couldn't help shrugging off the attack with ease.

However, another attacker caught Ogudomon by surprise, but only for a moment. A barrage of attacks enchanted by lightning tore through the limbs of three of Ogudomon's legs at once. The Super Demon Lord looked around for the source of the attack, and it quickly found… a human man? A boy? It was difficult to tell. Ogudomon struggled to read the emotions of this newfound opponent, but it was proving to be quite difficult. He seemed to be lacking of any kind of emotion. How boring. However, upon further analysis, Ogudomon found the kind of thoughts and feelings that it feasted on. An arrogance that prides itself on acting in the present, as though this human was above others of his kind, and rather than seeing the world, he felt as though the world was looking at him. Furthermore, Ogudomon couldn't deduce any particular reason the human could have attacked it. Naturally, Ogudomon concluded that he was racist. Against eldritch abominations amalgamations of the lost memories of demons from digital planes of existence. Or maybe this human just didn't care what exactly Ogudomon was, and just assumed that "big scary thing with lots of legs and fangs" automatically meant he was evil or something. Though Ogudomon wouldn't deny such that it was evil, if it had to use a word to describe this human's thought process, it would certainly pick "offensive". It was beyond obvious that, for this reason alone, the human had to die. The tears in Ogudomon's flesh immediately healed as its legs reconnected to the Super Demon Lord. With his two front legs, Ogudomon began to reach for Clerano, intending to rend this pitiful human in two.

Arthur turned to Lydia. "Feel free to joke about my personal demons all you want. All I need is to see that thing dead." Arthur skated through the air, while MirageGaogamon met up with him. "MirageGaogamon," Arthur said. "You focus on Ogudomon. from this level, and I'll save the other guy."

MirageGaogamon nodded, preparing a Full Moon Blaster, while Arthur headed towards Clerano, riding his skates against Ogudomon's front right leg, cutting a very thin, but ultimately insignificant layer of flesh as he raced forward.

Ogudomon turned his head towards MirageGaogamon, swiping another leg towards MirageGaogamon, knocking him away, but not before MirageGaogamon managed to fire a Full Moon Blaster to obliterate the leg bearing down on him. Ogudomon howled, but moved its focus so that it could throw Arthur off. As Arthur was knocked off, he cast a Fire spell at Ogudomon, with the leg he was just on descending on him as well before being cut apart by a Double Cresent Mirage, courtesy of none other than MirageGaogamon. Many severed legs of Ogudomon had begun to pile up in the Sphere Forest, but Ogudomon still tried to focus on Clerano. Ogudomon had begun to grow one more leg, but as the leg grew, it stopped at the knee. Arthur and MirageGaogamon took notice of this, but Ogudomon seemed to have not as its claws began to close in on Clerano.

|_)Magical Girl Lydia(_|

Lydia sighed a little on the inside, at least Arthur was okay. "No, that's the funny thing about miracles, they always happen when they're only absolutely necessary" she replied.

Her left eye winced a little, the pain and static noise in her head were really starting to build up now, and it was becoming pretty damn painful. She tried to shake it away, but the feeling persisted as Arthur managed to find his second, or maybe third wind and raced off, skating on the air. That's actually pretty damn cool when you think about it, though not as cool as fighting a giant demonic manifestation of sin. Okay, that didn't quite come out right, but, for some reason, Lydia could feel something pulling on her mind. There was just this, big overriding compulsion to chase after Arthur. There was something he had to... know?

Well, whatever was the case, she raced after him, the winds guiding her and allowing her to easily dodge past Ogudomon's falling claws to make it to both Mirage and Arthur, and THAT was when the static reached its highest symphony of pain. Lydia let out a loud shriek as she gripped at her head, only for her spasms to cease and she became very still.

Her head slowly rising in a dramatic fashion, she stared at the duo with yellow cat-like eyes. "What are you doing?" Lydia(?) demanded, pointing accusing fingers at both of them, "You are Reaper-kind yet you still fight like prey! I am personally embarassed for all three of us. This was not why I wasted all that time and effort to create the two of you; especially not sacrificing my physical integrity to do so. ADR-11, ADR-12, it's time you stopped fighting like animals. Embrace the gifts I gave you, and show this vile abomination why IT is the one that should be scared!"

Her head dropped like a ragdoll, and Lydia let out a weakened groan. "What was that all about?" she groaned.

fwlo2o.jpg

NIGHT-END [D2]

Predaking's attacks were not working. The beast was completely ignoring Predaking's fire stream like it was not even there. Anger began to boil as the realization came, but he subverted it out of fear: His attacks were useless. No- this sort of evasive attacks were clearly not going to yield any fruit. The dragon ceased expending its energy in pointless struggle, and instead circled the monster silently.

After a while, he noticed the sort of division between the main body, and a small figure above it that looked strangely like a torso. Flying at a slightly lower height... yes, this was definitely a different organelle from the rest of the creature. And it did not look particularly well defended- the creature's arms could not reach up to it. If he was to get close to deal some more serious damage, that was the spot.

Predaking flew behind to position himself directly above the creature, profiting from his low position in the monster's priority list. After emitting yet another shrill, ear-piercing shriek; the predacon flew forward. He then dived straight below, and as he pummeled he stretched the darkened, metallic wings on his sides and violently changed course. Now starting straight for the back of this beast's "head", he flapped violently and built up momentum.

Once at a sufficient speed and distance, Predaking performed one final, powerful flap. This gave him a little additional altitude- enough to transform in mid-air and head straight for the "head" with a heavy flying kick. "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!"

Sector C-4, Night

Nothing.  There was nothing at the fired location.  Perhaps the assailants escaped?  Or were they simply vaporized?  Regardless, the targeted location hardly existed anymore.

"Kra-toes."

"Hm?  What is it Dynamite?"

"You do know your shot was off right?  The man clearly pointed over here," Black Dynamite said inching his finger ever so slightly to Kratos' right.

"Is your hair preventing your brain from functioning old man?  He pointed this direction.  In which I fired," Kratos said forcing Black Dynamite to put his hand down.

"Well since you obviously have no idea what the funk you talkin' bout, let me just show it to you better than you can understand.  'Sha'mon," Dynamite said walking towards the scorched earth.  "Now look at what everybody else hit," he said pointing to the scorched earth.  "And look at what you hit," he said pointing to two large bullet holes in an obnoxious tree.  Realizing his error, he quickly stood in front of the tree as to prevent embarrassment.

"Move aside!  I see through your scheme!" Kratos shouted.

"sheet happens," Dynamite said shrugging, as he accepted Blaze's robot-made torches.  "When did you get he-- WAIT A MINUTE ROBOTS ARE REAL?  Can't be nothin' but the Government.  This sheet has got to stop," he said firmly, shaking his head.  "So what do we do now?  This place is darker than me, and I still haven't been caught up to speed yet.  We got a goal or somethin'?  Black Dynamite ain't got time to waste now."  He turned to each individual member of Kratos' team, waiting for a reply. 

Meanwhile, Kratos' interest was peaked as a flash of light and giant sounds drew him to the West.  Silently, he climbed the tree Black Dynamite was blocking, to get a better view of this world.  There was something. . . losing it's limbs left and right.  Magic fired through the air and howls of pain shook the night air.  But before Kratos could investigate, he was caught off guard by an extremely fast, grey-ish blur.

Sector D-7, South Pole

He could read Isamy's commands faster than she could give them.  Before she had to speak a word, Byakuya realized his error.  He dared to insult the queen by asking what needed to be done.  How foolish.  How ignorant.  He knew what needed to be done.  The Key was a priority of the highest degree.  So, without speaking, he humbled himself before vanishing out of sight.

Now using the Flash Step to maneuver quickly through the forest, he silently blew by many of the Divine and Counter Corps' fights.  Giants, men with guns, magics of unknown origin.  Pathetic.  They were all fighting without cause or pride.  No resolve could be found among these stupid, stupid beings.  And it looked like every Divine member would fail, except for Byakuya.  Arrogant as always, his thoughts focused on the key, his eyes focusing on the forest.  Until he whisked past someone who's strength radiated wildly.  This man was war-torn, and had a rage about him that matched . . . someone else's that he began to recall.  Blurring past this power, forced his mind into a state of recollection, and brief flash of images that caused him to stop in his tracks, and send a pain searing through his head, played for him.  

"Kuchiki.  Don't die out there. . . . "

Nonsense.  There was no need to be thinking of things like this, and his thoughts snapped back to his goal.  At least until he began to feel the mysterious power's presence creep up on him again.  That power said not a word, but drew it's blades.  Byakuya found this to be both admirable and ignorant.  He had no doubt he would be the victor in this battle.  Senbonzakura hissed, and the corrupted flower pedals surrounded Byakuya in an elegant but frightening fashion.

"You are not one of the many I've seen in Arthuria's presence.  State your purpose," said a commanding, booming voice.

Byakuya finally turned around to see exactly what he had to expect.  The scarred, ash covered warrior had already pointed his blade at Byakuya, prepared to end the Shinigami's life.  Byakuya remained silent for a moment, before replying by pointing his blade at Kratos as well.  His voice rang out in the night, and he wheezed, "Chire, Senbonzakura".

A7 (Night) --> D7 (Day)

"So... why're we going inside Divine territory again?"

"The Divines will only stop us from our main mission regardless, so we might as well pursue them."

And so Aesir and Sarah stepped forth into obvious Divine territory. Sarah was unsure about the whole thing; after all, Lydia could be in trouble after all, and as far as she knew, Sarah could very well have been walking further and further away from her when she needed her help most.

Aesir, on the other hand, was more concerned about locating Isamy as soon as he could, and killing any Divines that got in his way. As soon as he did find Isamy though, he could always inform Arthuria that he did, in whence he in turn will have the other Counter Corps go to his location at the time. But there was too much ground for him alone to cover quickly, which is why he needed Sarah at the very least. Soon enough, the two came across a junction. Aesir climbed a nearby tree, before popping his head out of the leaves so he can instruct Sarah as to where to go.

"We're splitting up," he stated, "I'm going over to your left, but I need you to keep going forward. Oh, and it might be wise to hide in the thickets if you see too many."

With that, Aesir hopped to another tree, and then another and another, leaving Sarah to stare in the direction she was going. However, unable to bear the thought of walking away from whatever peril Lydia might have been in, Sarah started to turn back until...

E7 --> D7 (Day)

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa," said Jecht, just having to have approached at the worst timing for her, "Were d'ya think you're going?"

"...funk off," Sarah spat, "I don't have time for this sheet,"

"Yeah, well too bad," as he said this, Jecht slammed his sword into the ground, showing that he meant.

"Son of a..." before she bothered finishing that sentence, Sarah reached for her Communication Stone and spoke into it, "Hey, um... Lydia? Once you've done with... your... little... situation, can you... help me in mine? I just got confronted by... well, I... think he's one of the guys we were warned not to attack way back when. So... uh... once you get enough Counter guys... can you... uh... CAN YOU COME KICK HIS funking ASS BEFORE HE KICKS MY ONE??!!"

Jecht raised his eyebrow at that last sentence that Sarah was screaming out, waving her arms frantically like a madwoman that thought she could fly in the air.

"Really? You expect me to tolerate being ganged on after already fighting 3 people at...?"

"Well you certainly don't look tired from it, huh?! Uh... so what, are we... fighting now? What's going on?"

"Does seem that way, doesn't it?" Jecht asked in return, before thinking while Sarah remained too nervous to do anything, 'Hmm, she has a point on that last part. That supposed son of mine and both his magical girlfriends were way to weak to have been at normal strength. Not to mention that the real Tidus is a lot whinier.'

D7 --> D6 (Day)

Meanwhile, unaware that his ally was in danger, Aesir continued his search for Isamy, hopping from tree to tree in an effort to avoid detection.

Sector C-4 Night

Blaze's attention shifted to Byakuya when he arrived, or rather, what was left of him. He had no idea who this man was, but he had not seen him when he was in Arthuria's reality marble. Was he of the Divine? Was he of this forest? Either way, his guard immediately went up, expecting that there would be some sort of trouble. Kratos had approached the newcomer, sword drawn and pointed directly at him. "You are not one of the many I've seen in Arthuria's presence.  State your purpose." Kratos had said this in a loud and booming voice, one that commanded authority and demanded to be heeded and obeyed. In response, the newcomer drew his own blade, pointing it at Kratos and saying only two words, the words coming out as a wheeze. "Chire, Senbonzakura." There was no doubt in Blaze's mind. Whoever this person was, he planned to do them harm. He didn't need to wait and see if the newcomer would attack first. Blaze rushes in, intent on closing the distance and crushing the newcomer with his fists. He would not give the chance for this man to harm his allies. Not if he could help it.

Sector C-2 Night

As Ogudomon stretched forth a clawed leg to seize Clerano, Arthur and MirageGaogamon intervened. Clerano did not know either of them personally, but that didn't matter right now. They were his new comrades, and he would do whatever he could to help them in their fight. Aurthur had tired to reach Clerano, but Ogudomon swatted him away, as it did with Mirage Gaogamon, though he had managed to get of a full moon blaster first. Clerano used the extra time this brought him by placing a fire buff on himself so that bis aura would ignite and explode on impact, and he also sent his gears into the sky, high above Ogudomon. Many would consider Clerano cocky, or arrogant, but he had fought against Dragons, Ancient Beings, Gods, Demons, and the Demon King. Then as now, he was sure that he, together with his allies, could achieve victory.

Clerano flared his aura, gathering it into his fists to punch through Ogudomon's leg and body as his gears began raining lightning death down upon Ogudomon from above. Thanks to his Aura Armor Spell, Clerano should be able to punch right through. He would take some damage as a result, but it would be worth it to help his allies.

Kazuya (C4-Night)

“Can I really trust them…?”

Kazuya stood still as the mechanical bipedal stag gave a torch to each of the people currently there.

“Even if they seem to be on my side in this battle, I can’t simply trust them to watch my back.

It won’t be funny if I suddenly get backstabbed just moments after I was saved from one.

Tch, I’ll be keeping my distance then.”

Before Kazuya and Pascal left, they noticed something quite intriguing. Kratos was apparently facing down a man clad in white; and both seemed to be determined to finish each other off. Kazuya ordered Pascal to stop its fire, and to move into a place where he could watch the fight without any of them noticing.

-DEMON SUMMONING PROGRAM ACTIVATED-

“Kikuri-hime, heed my call.”

A maiden in a red dress appeared besides Kazuya, her expressionless face stared at the event in front of her.

“Cast Makarakarn and Tetrakarn.”

An orange and green magical barrier formed around Kazuya, Kikuri-hime, and Pascal. Apparently Kazuya decided to watch the imminent fight ensue, believing that’d be the best way to gauge his current ally’s strength, and he won’t take any chance of being hit in the crossfire.

Tenshi (A4-Day)

Tenshi decided that walking was not her style, and summoned a floating keystone so she could ride it to her destination, wherever it was. To be honest, she had forgotten most of what Isamy had said during the briefing.

After a while of wandering aimlessly in the forest, Tenshi saw the sky to shift between the eternal; daylight, into the part where it seemed like night was permanent. The boundary of the two was quite breathtaking to see, and Tenshi was stunned above her keystone, watched as the bright sky slowly turned dark.

“Never thought I would miss looking at something like this. The boundary of day and night is definitely a sight to behold.

Ah…

…Though, why am I getting sleepy all of the sudden?”

Without warning, Tenshi suddenly fell asleep, still floating on her stone.

Tenshi (???)

A poorly-lit room.

Tenshi was alone inside it, and it seemed like nothing else was inside the room, except for a big mirror.

“..Is this another memory? I can’t recall anything about this place.

Maybe that mirror’ll have something that can shed a light on this place."

Tenshi decided to inspect the mirror, and she was surprised that instead of her own reflection, she saw all of her mischiefs back in Gensokyo; some of them were quite shocking.

But suddenly, the events inside of the mirror changed into something else.

Tenshi was visibly shocked as the screen now showed a girl brutally killing every other residents of Gensokyo, starting with a helpless Reimu.

That girl was Tenshi herself. She could only watch as the girl in the mirror cleanly separated Iku’s head from her body, and proceeded to slaughter an incoming army of Tengu and Kappa.

The mirror went blank for a second after that scene, and then it started to display yet another scene, this time displaying Tenshi doing an unspeakable horror to Iku’s lifeless body, before throwing her into a mountain made of corpse.

“..Enough…Enough…that’s enough…

STOP IT STOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPIT!

DIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!!”

Tenshi proceeded to break the mirror, and suddenly the room became quite bright, revealing the decapitated bodies of her friends in Gensokyo, and yet another Tenshi facing down her father.

Tenshi ran straight across the seemingly enlarged room that now resembled a ruined Gensokyo, and she then stabbed her other self right through the heart. When she turned to her father, his body suddenly got mutilated for unknown reason.

“…I should have let you die as a mortal back then.

Bringing you to heaven..was..the greatest mistake I have ever made…”

Before she could react to that, she felt like she was suddenly holding something in one of her hand, and the something was apparently Iku’s head.

“…Eldest daughter…please die. You are defiling this sacred land with all the blood you shed.”

The horrified Tenshi thrown Iku’s head far away, and she started running back to the broken mirror. Yet the place seemed to become bigger and bigger, and she was unable to reach the mirror.

As she sank deeper and deeper in despair and insanity, she decided to escape from all the horrors with the only way left.

Tenshi then proceeded to stab herself in the stomach. Before she lost her consciousness, she could see some angelic figure standing in front of her, but her sight was deteriorating as she was dying from blood loss.

And then, there were none.

Tenshi (D4-Night)

When Tenshi woke up from her nightmare, she found herself in the dark side of the forest, the sky was decorated with bright stars.

Tenshi tried to ignore the events in her nightmare, but without success. She just then curled atop her keystone, repeatedly muttering ‘Sorry’ like a mantra.

Nearby, an angelic-looking being was watching Tenshi closely, and just as the being tried to approach  Tenshi to kill her, something made her stop, and she then continued to hide behind the trees silently.

Arthur & MirageGaogamon - D1 Night

Arthur and MirageGaogamon were confused by what Lydia had said, though they both knew that it wasn't Lydia. Arthur felt a twinge at the back of his neck, while he too began to hear a static noise. MirageGaogamon's eyes briefly shined red before firing a Double Crescent Mirage, his attack know having a faint, red tint to it. The attack struck Ogudomon's leg at the furthest back of its body, but rather than the leg immediately being torn off, a large, X-shaped cut formed where MirageGaogamon had hit it. From the wound, a red substance began to form out of the wound.

Just as Ogudomon was crying out in pain from MirageGaogamon's attack, Predaking had dove down, hitting the upper head with enough force that the beast's neck broke off from the main body, sending the head flying. Meanwhile, Clerano had managed to punch through Ogudomon's front right leg, but just before he could hit the red crystal the lower mouth held within its many fangs, Ogudomon spat it out, launching it downwards just as Clerano had emerged on the other side of Ogudomon, having blast through Ogudomon's back left leg. He had followed up with a thunder spell, seemingly unaware that Predaking was still above Ogudomon. Either that, or he had expected Predaking to move out of the way.

Eria - ???

Eria was lying down on a large, gray column, opening her eyes as Obelisk's card appeared within her hand. Eria rose to her feet, seeing that the air around her was blank and white.

"What is this place?" she asked, holding up her two Egyptian God cards.

"This is Arthur's heart." Slifer's voice answered. "Whatever magic he used so that you could lend him your power must have sent you here."

Eria blushed at the thought of being inside Arthur, but shook her hand, trying to focus on the immediate threat. "How is Arthur doing?"

"Screwing up, that's what!" Obelisk's voice shouted. "That monster he was fighting even managed to destroy My physical form."

Eria's face turned pale at such a possibility. "How?!"

"As My physical form was fading, I learned of its power. The anger I was feeling, the desire to crush it beneath My heel… I could sense it feeding off of those emotions. It sickens Me to admit it, but it had turned My own malice against Me. Arthur and MirageGaogamon wished to see it destroyed. They covet vengeance for their world. As long as they foster their hatred for a monster that… that even I could not destroy, I am certain that defeating it is an impossibility."

Eria looked up from the cards, seeing a small, red crack had formed in the air. Eria stepped forward to approach it, holding up her hand, but withdrawing it as soon as a thing string of a red liquid shot out of it, Eria dodging as the liquid splashed against the platform. Eria gathered water in her hand, throwing it against the liquid on the platform, the water and the liquid both dissolving once they came into contact. Eria kept her on the crack, holding her ends up.

She asked, "And what's this?"

"A foreign entity in Arthur's heart," Slifer replied. "It has a similar presence to one of the Divine."

"Which one?"

"A being identifying 'herself' as Jeriii."

Ogudomon struggled to read the emotions of the many people attacking it, but without its core, it was growing increasingly difficult to maintain its form. It had lost its upper head, three of its legs had once again been destroyed, and another leg still had yet to heal. Regeneration was impossible at this moment. The severed had begun to gather energy in its mouth, preparing to destroy Predaking while its body was being beset upon by a thunder attacks. Looked up, it could see Arthur had made his way above Ogudomon's main body, now having cast a Reflect spell around himself and Predaking, the thunder missing the two Corpsmen. MirageGaogamon have moved behind him, swinging his claws upward, while Arthur skated down towards the beast, raising his Keyblade above his head.

However, before Arthur and MirageGaogamon could destroy the head, a green beam had appeared out of nowhere, impaling the head and causing the energy it was gathering to explode, pushing Arthur and MirageGaogamon back. When they each managed to regain their positioning, they looked at where the beam of light was coming from, and they saw a machine, consisting of a purple sphere with a red eye, balancing on two silver spheres, with green wires stretching from its body, forming two arms from the purple sphere and two legs from the lower silver sphere, while purple panels in the shape of two wings sprouted from the purple sphere. Above the purple sphere was a small device, purple with a silver center, and four black panels arranged like a square. Ogudomon's head began to glow green before evaporating into green particles.

"Who are you?!" Arthur demanded of the machine.

The machine paid no attention to Arthur, instead having the device that may as well be considered its "head" look between MirageGaogamon and the rest of Ogudomon before deciding to fire another laser at the latter. When it was hit, Ogudomon roared, its lower mouth still having the strength to scream in anger. It raised its middle left leg to reach for the machine, but it fired one beam after another at each of Ogudomon's legs, vaporizing them one at a time.

"It's destroying it," Arthur said incredulously. "How? We couldn't do anything against it!"

"It must be like Jeriii," MirageGaogamon said. "Something that can delete Digimon."

"You'd better run away, then."

"What? Arthur, you can't seriously be considering taking on that thing on your own!"

"You remember what happened at the Desert Seth!"

"I do! Silver died because of what happened back there, and you nearly joined him!"

"We were supposed to be the ones to destroy Ogudomon! I'm not going to let whatever that is get away with taking that chance away from us, and I'm not going to let you fight another that was specifically meant to destroy you."

MirageGaogamon's eyes glowed red again, much to Arthur's surprise. "I will not be so easily killed. You know that, Arthur."

Ogudomon's legs had disappeared one by one, leaving the main body to fall down, rolling in the air as its lower mouth looked up while the main body fell down upon the red crystal. Ogudomon's roars were growing weak while the machine simply looked down upon Ogudomon before firing one last laser at the beast. Ogudomon's body was enveloped by the green light of the beam as it slowly began to fade away, its body turning into particles. The red crystal had been shattered beneath it, turning into bits of data that was swept away by the winds.

The machine's head looked up and down, left to right, as if it was looking for something. Just as it began to turn around, a Full Moon Blaster hit it right in the "face", sending it spiraling into the ground. MirageGaogamon followed this up by landing right on top of it, smashing the machine with his foot. Taking a step back, MirageGaogamon looked at the machine, now broken and unmoving. MirageGaogamon looked up, saying, "There, now we can move on." Unfortunately, as soon as he took his first step forward, the machine used the last of its strength to fire its final laser at MirageGaogamon's back, piercing his armor and ripping through his body until it tore through this chest.

fwlo2o.jpg

NIGHT-END [D1]

The assault worked. As Predaking's kick connected, the force of the impact had severed the abomination's head from its body. The satisfaction the predacon felt did not however last long, as a lightning bolt from inside the beast had reached his left shoulder joint and was now effectively paralyzing his navigation. His T-cog was not functioning. He would pummel unavoidably down towards the forest below, right next to the head he had chopped off.

The head landed on one of the highest canopy trees, then toppling slowly to the ground. Predaking was not that lucky; he hit the hard, metallic floor face-first, rolling several meters until crashing onto a tree. From the position he was in, he was able to look up at the demonic creature as it was torn to pieces by his allies and later, an unknown machine equipped with what he deemed to be a high-energy laser. The beast was gone, turned to dust.

Predaking tried to move once again. Impossible. It would take time for his navigation to reboot- until then, he was frozen in place. Uncomfortably, on his back, legs stretched up.

Sector C4, Night

Ed's group almost immediately met a newcomer, calling himself Black Dynamite. Right after that, they met another one called Kazuya, telling Kratos and Black Dynamite to dispose of his attackers. "We haven't gotten in any fights and we already have two new members." After a few antics, things got back on track. Kratos began climbing a tree to get a better view. Ed propelled himself in the air using his black his black flames. He saw a fight already taking place a short distance away. Ed decided not to engage in that fight, as one approached them. He was clad in white clothing and was surrounded by menacing cherry petals. While Kratos demanded the man's name, Ed sensed something familiar about this man. He never met this newcomer, but the power he gave off felt so familiar. "You...remind me of someone. You feel like...no. It can't be."

Before the man could respond, Blaze raced towards him. Ed drew both of his swords, yelling after him. "Wait, don't attack him yet! This guy feels familiar to me."

Matthew Supplex & Nero <C3Night>C2Night>

It had only taken them but a few moments, the purple beast the size of a small building was lying dead on top of the equally sized iron giant. Matthew stilled had both the read and white balls surrounding him, and Nero didn't seem the least bit winded. "They were much stronger when I first encountered them in my world." Matthew said to Nero, who had already started walking of towards the main battle scene. "Guess we're just too strong for such petty distractions." Nero suggested, Matthew now following him and loading fresh charges into his revolver's cylinder. "Perhaps, I wonder if any other creatures were brought here from my world." Matthew wondered, Nero didn't respond as they had to meet with Arthur and the others. Matthew and Nero had seen a man punch through a portion of the group's enemy and had seen their enemy being blasted by lasers from the sky. However, after MirageGaogamon and knocked the shooter of the lasers to the forest floor, they had no idea what became of the situation. "Quickly." Nero said, and they both picked up their pace through the forest.

Sephiroth <D4 Day>

Blood was raining down on the forest below from the two halves of the dragon who's overall size would be equivalent to that of a large building. He, The Man in the Black Cape, had sliced the body into two pieces just after it had let out its first mighty roar. There was no enemy to attack his weaknesses for he had none, this dragon was supposedly meant to be a challenge for him, but it was not. The two halves fell down into the neighboring areas of D5 and D3, as his eyes looked down to see that the once green tree tops of D4 were not coated in an oozing layer of blood red. It was then that he had felt something, a very peculiar darkness that he desired to encounter, that he desired to eliminate....

Forest Periphery, Location Unknown

Shadronus, having grown bored of simply watching things on a screen, appears within the forest, or rather, that's what appears to happen. In reality, Shadronus is still in his domain, causing an image projection of himself to appear instead, and while he may not be there in person, Shadronus is able to percieve everything through his image projection as if he were there himself. Shadronus takes a moment to observe his surroundings before turning his attention to his current person of interest, Isamy Maximus, leader of the Divine, and a Deity as well. "Hello Isamy, I see you've been busy."

Sector C-4, Night

So many attempted to interfere with their fight.  But neither Byakuya nor Kratos knew what was about to happen.  Then, a young boy whom Byakuya did not know, spoke up as his allies attempted to surround the Shinigami.  This was quite flattering for Byakuya.  To think it would take this many to bring down one Captain Shinigami.  No matter.  He wielded some of the strongest powers among his kind, and he didn't fear a one-sided fight.  He would begin with the reckless machine that assumed he could penetrate Byakuya's near-infinite defense.  Byakuya's sword had shattered into hundreds of thousands of wilting cherry blossoms, and they swirled around him at incredible speeds.  The ground they shredded began to age and wither, as if the pedals had poisoned the ground.  This was not Byakuya's normal strength.  It had been amplified while he was under Isamy's control.  All the better to secure the Queen's victory.  He dashed clear past the machine on an unprecedented level.  When Byakuya moved, he got low, and ducked completely under the flailing robot head first with his stomach narrowly sliding between the machine's own torso.  Meanwhile, Senbonzakura scraped viciously against Blaze's metal and screeched as it did so.  The sound wave was intense from Senbonzakura's cries, and it hurt Kratos' ears.  

Kratos was forced to cover his ears to endure the second long screeching, and when he stopped shaking his head, Byakuya stood in front of Kratos, inches away from his face.  Kratos frowned, and attempted to headbutt the Shinigami, but he was too fast.  Fortunately, there was a tool Kratos could use to keep up with Byakuya, even if only slightly.  Kratos' feet glowed, and his sandals grew wings on their ends.  The soles of his sandals turned gold, and he leaped at Byakuya incredibly fast, blade first.

"Tch."  No time to react.

"Grrrrrrrrrrraaaaah!" Kratos roared as he knocked Byakuya to the ground and held the Shinigami's throat.  Kratos drew back his blade and prepared to end it quickly, but his back was suddenly searing in pain.  He rolled off, only to discover he was burned on his back, with several thin but deep cuts.  The pedals had slipped past Kratos and scarred him.  His back did not age, but it burned severely.  He would not make the same mistake again.

Meanwhile, Black Dynamite realized he was talking to himself, as every member he was talking with suddenly dashed away in Kratos' direction.

"Don't nobody ignore Black Dynamite.  Where ya'll goin!?" he said pursuing his allies.  He arrived on the scene just in time to see Kratos roll off of a zombie-like man who was wearing the most manly-feminine white robes he had ever seen.  "I thought I told ya'll this sheet had to stop?"

Kratos had no time to respond to the ignorant old man.  Byakuya was back on his feet, and waved a hand at Kratos, as if dismissing him.  Kratos gave a confused look before realizing that Byakuya was launching hundreds of more pedals at the warrior.  He rolled again, this time behind a tree.  When he heard the pedals crash against the tree, he realized something.  Though they were fast, they left Bykauya open, if only for a split second.  When he popped back from behind the large tree, he drew his second Blade of Chaos, and prepared for Byakuya's next wave.  This time, when the pedals encroached upon Kratos, he dashed into them with his hands raised.  The Golden Fleece went into effect, and began sending the pedals away from Kratos and into the air.  Unfortunately, the ending result was not what Kratos wanted.  Though he had gotten past the pedals, they were still under Byakuya's control, and soared after Kratos' back once more.

But Byakuya was also caught off guard.  

"That won't work twice!" Kratos shouted.  As he got closer he sped up with the boots of Hermes and gave a short but powerful leap.  He crashed down several feet in front of Byakuya, kicking up a mound of dust and a curling rock of earth that shielded his back and forced Byakuya's pedals to swirl around it.  Kratos finally saw how Byakuya controlled the pedals, with hand movements.  And just as Byakuya commanded the pedals to surround Kratos, he raised a hand of his own.  Three spartan warriors magically rose from the ground behind Kratos with large shields, and intercepted Senbonzakura.  If Byakuya had seen the trick coming, he could have simply corroded the area and killed the Spartan warriors immediately.  But he wasn't so lucky.

Now Kratos was free to have his way.  He slashed at Byakuya in an upwards motion and knocked the Shinigami high into the air.  One blade wrapped around the Shinigami's ankle, Kratos drew himself towards Byakuya, but Byakuya had withdrawn Senbonzakura and blocked Kratos blow.  But Kratos wouldn't be deterred.  He pulled up his second blade and drew his chains around his fist to give a mighty punch to Byakuya's face, hurling him back towards the ground.  He followed with another toss of his Blades of Chaos, but Byakuya had had enough.  Senbonzakura intercepted, and bursted wide, blinding Kratos.  Byakuya dashed through the pedals and slashed at Kratos, and they went blow for blow.  Slowly, Senbonzakura circled them both in mid air, as Kratos was forced to hover with his Wings.  In mid swing, Kratos changed the Blades of Chaos to the Claws of Hades, and grabbed at Byakuya's soul, causing Senbonzakura to disperse.

Now Kratos had insulted Byakuya's pride.  Byakuya grabbed at the soul chains and pulled Kratos in.  They met each other with headbutts and clenched fists.  They wrestled for a moment before the soul chains broke, and they gave each other room.  

Neither of them had broken a sweat, and Byakuya actually opened his mouth to congratulate Kratos.  His voice rattled with disease.  "Your fighting skills are on par with that brute, Kenpachi.  But you pale in comparison to a real warrior.  Even I know of your sins.  And when you die," he said raising his sword again.  "Your soul is mine."

Kratos spat on the ground, as he switched to the Spear of Destiny.  "You're as arrogant as Hades.  He thought he had my soul.  But the hands of death could not hold me.  The Sisters of Fate could not defeat me.  And YOU will not live to see the end of this day!" he said as he lunged forward once more.  Again they went blow for blow, Byakuya's blade clashing with the tip of the Spear.  Big mistake.  Each time blade and spear met, pieces of the Spear's regenerating crystal hung onto Byakuya's blade.  When they finally backed from each other again, Byakuya took notice.  Tiny purple fragments sat on top of Senbonzakura, and before he realized it, an explosion surrounded him and sent him flying into the ground.  Kratos didn't hesitate to follow up, and fired several full sized crystals at the explosion's location, each erupting simultaneously and setting several trees ablaze, while leaving large craters in the ground.  But it was all for naught.  A piercing stream of lightning shot through the smoke and Kratos only barely reflected it into the air.  

Byakuya was already back on his feet, and surrounding Kratos at break-neck speeds.  Byakuya was moving so fast, that he left six after-images, and when the stopped, they remained in place, making it a six on one fight now.  The clones raised their blades, and whipped them at Kratos, causing an enormous eruption of withered Senbonzakura pedals to plume upwards as they crashed into each other and Kratos.  The clones vanished, and Byakuya stood silently to see the results of his devastating technique. 

Archived