The Grand Crossover RP - Pathway to Origin [IC/PG-13/Moved to NCM for Finale]

Merci

Betwixt and Between:

As the Inch of Will prepared to take off, Otto spotted a massive canine pouncing at the ship, ignoring the point-defense cannons peppering his skin, so he yelled out. "Uru, take care of our new guest! I shall end this!" Immediately, on Ccoshobar's trajectory, a massive pitch-black hole opened up, allowing for red lines and dots to light up within. Several spindly legs reached out to ensnare the Erthbound Immortal, Uru pinning her prey in mid-air, and activating her special ability. The poor canine felt his will grow weaker and weaker as the glowing eyes of the more powerful goddess ingrained themselves into his very being. His eyes started to turn red as a result, whispers growing louder and louder to obey, to be a good dog, and to let Uru take care of everything for him. Meanwhile, Otto strode towards the fiery dome, extending his hand to let a sickly black staff form from the shadows inside of his sleeve, the bent pole twisted and gnarled as it ended on the serene face of a young woman, her eyes closed in rest as a purple gem rested in her forehead, and two dome-like structures rotated slowly on either side of her head. "Belgemine, assist me in this time of need." Otto requested, prompting the woman's eyes to open, revealing purple light. Her mouth did the same, and the shadows from Otto's coat moved forwards, coalescing together into a single mass, swirling as a large figure started to form. Wisps of purple flame encircled the summoned monster, with curved horns, a bestial face, a hunched body, and glowing purple eyes. This Dark Aeon, this corrupted version of Ifrit, tore through the barrier, dispersing it as Otto started to twirl the staff, creating ripples in the ground around him. "Time for you to go somewhere where you don't cause anymore trouble, mein freunde!" He declared as he danced, little motes of light with wispy forms appearing around Solasiro and attaching themselves to him. The ex-Dark Signer could feel his body start to dissolve and break up into the pyreflies, which tore away at his very being. Eventually, the largest pyrefly would emerge in a massive disintegration of the little motes, which floated up before vanishing.

Solasiro had been Sent.

Izumi finally managed to grab the staff in front of her, prompting her reversion back to what Itsu had looked like: a human body with red hair, fair skin, and a kimono of white with red flames. The only difference was that Izumi's shade of red was darker, and when she got up, the flames of her kimono flickered as they moved, glowing slightly, and her eyes were now both gold. She clutched the staff as she felt...calmer...and more focused. This staff was helping to control the flow of power within her, and the more she gripped it, the more in control she felt. She looked at the two trying to take the staff, and asked. "Please...let me keep this...I cannot control myself without this thing..."

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[iI-B2] - Arthur, Eria, & Gagagigo vs. Solasiro

Solasiro took his spears, ready to attack Eria, but Gagagigo lunged at him. Solasiro charged thunder magic into one of the spears, slashing it against Gagagigo's arm, forcing a current of electricity all over Gagagigo's armor. Gagagigo fell down, but before Solasiro could attack him again, a column of water shot out of the ground, sending Solasiro to the roof of the dome. Casting an Aeroja spell, he was able to burst through the column, but the water immediately reformed as a bubble, trapping him inside. As Solasiro rolled around in the bubble, he looked down at Gagagigo, noticing a symbol on the back of his neck: three tomoe surrounding a circle.

"Let's finish this guy off quickly," Arthur said. "The Divine have got to be at the core by now."

"I know," Eria responded. "But I have to ask him something." Eria let go of holding the bubble up, letting Solasiro drop to the ground. Before Solasiro could get to his feet, Eria called forth thick layers of ice around his limbs, making the ice grow thicker and thicker while she spoke. "You said you served someone named Megiddo. Who is he?"

Solasiro snickered. "My lord is a god. In his universe, they gods are called fal'Cie."

Arthur rolled his eyes at the mention of a god. "His universe, not yours?"

"I am from a different universe as him. In fact, Eria's home universe is nothing more than a story that exists within my own. She is nothing more than a fictional character to me."

Eria's fists tightened. "I know," she said. "I learned that because of Butler. I just… I don't want to believe it. You expect to to just accept that I'm not real in other universes?"

"Believe - or don't believe - whatever you want," Solasiro said.

"So what are the chances of Megiddo coming after us, once we've taken care of you?" Arthur asked.

Solasiro laughed. "He just discovered this world, and the fact that there so many people here from different universes here makes… whatever this is an attractive opportunity for him." Forcing his hands free, Solasiro sat up, placing his spears into the ground, and forcing his upper body up. "He would like you to live, though, Eria. I won't kill you. I can't."

"Then why even fight me?" Eria asked.

"Megiddo has allowed me to fulfill the role that Ophelia has handed me. I defeat you, but I spare you. Leave you so that Megiddo can experiment on you. A nice compromise, wouldn't you say?"

"'Experiment'?" Gagagigo repeated. "Please. I know better than anyone not to trust anyone who wants to 'experiment' on people."

"Ah, yes," Solasiro replied. "I'll have to see if the Gagagigo that accompanied to the Eria I referred to went to see Kozaky. It would be a shame if I had prevented him from doing that." The flames forming the dome shifted, making way for Otto and his Dark Aeon broke through. "You again?"

"Time for you to go somewhere where you don't cause anymore trouble, mein freunde!" Otto declared, summoning wisps of light that began to surround Solasiro.

Solasiro narrowed his eyes in observation. "What are you-" He clutched his chest, reeling in pain as his head rolled back. "No! This… you aren't–"

This isn't good, Megiddo's voice echoed. He is performing a Sending.

Solasiro watched as his left arm began to turn black as it crumbled like dust, pyreflies flowing from where his body was dissolving. "NO!" he screamed. "I refuse to be defeated so easily! I deserve a glorious battle! Not to merely be sent to the afterlife by a dance!"

Megiddo laughed.

"Why are you laughing? I came back from my crystallization, and I still swear to serve you! Why are you happy about this?"

"That's Megiddo you've been talking to, isn't it?" Eria demanded. "What's going on?"

It appears your death is what we needed, Megiddo answered Solasiro. Or at least, something that could make your soul move on. Solasiro, you must channel as much of your power as possible. The afterlife he is trying to send you to has a certain connection we can take advantage of. I've only been able to access a few afterlives during my experiments, but this one is related to the one we fal'Cie seek: Valhalla.

Solasiro began to force a smile. "Then, this is good, isn't it?"

Yes. Very. We must be able to change the course of your Sending. Remember, you must give your all. Force Etro's Gate open, my great l'Cie!

Solasiro reached out his right hand, his brand glowing in a blinding light. Eria began to gather snow in her hand, but Fenrir appeared above her, only for Gagagigo to hold the Eidolon's jaws open. "I'll hold him off! Whatever he's doing to fight back, now's your chance to stop it!"

Crystal tendrils began to sprout from Solasiro's arm as the arm itself began to shift into crystal, flowing to block whatever anyone was going to attack him with. Solasiro looked up to see Ccoshobar, the Earthbound Immortal paralyzed by its kin. "It looks like I'll finally be rid of you." His smile grew wider as he thought of the woman who was supposed to be his leader upon becoming a Dark Signer. "See you in Hell, Talia. Oh, wait. The place I'm going to is much nicer than Hell."

Eria weaved as much ice as possible, trapping the crystal in ice, the color of which kept switching between blue and red. Eria winced as she began to call it forth, her left foot stumbling briefly, but Arthur grabbed her by the shoulder to keep her standing. "Are you okay?" he asked her.

Eria nodded without turning to him, taking a deep breath as she continued to form the ice. When she had finished, she watched as Solasiro was cackling as his body dissolved into dust and pyreflies. Fenrir faded into nothingness, while Ccoshobar began to slump over, the Earthbound Immortal's body evaporating into darkness, while a card depicting Ccoshobar slowly began to fall to the ground.

"That was too easy," Eria said, taking another deep breath.

"He was talking with his boss. I'm guessing he found a way to turn things around."

"Probably, but with people like Ophelia and the Divine running around, I don't want to see what would happen if…" Eria's eyes flickered before she dropped down to the ground. Arthur helped her up, and Eria's eyes slowly stayed open.

"What's wrong?"

"Slifer's… power… I don't think…"

"It's alright. You just need rest is all. Or at least whatever you can get before the next fight." Arthur helped Eria stand up, walking her in the direction of the Inch of Will. Gagagigo walked next to them, and Arthur nodded towards him. "We haven't talked much yet, have we? I'm Arthur."

"Gagagigo," he replied.

"I know. She's told me all about you. She and I have come close to dying more times than I want to think about, but she made it. She wanted to be sure she'd be alive to save you."

"Then I must thank you for protecting her, then."

"She's probably saved me more times than I've saved her. I don't know. I don't keep track."

"Don't be so modest," Eria added, much to Arthur's embarrassment. The Water Charmer took a glance behind her, watching as her ice began to break, the crystals trapped by it crumbling slowly but surely. She stepped away from Arthur, stretching her arms and sighing in relief. "There. All better."

"You got better quickly," Arthur noted. "I was worried."

"I know," Eria teased. "I think I was just so determined to use Slifer's power, but I didn't know what to do. I guess his power also made it easy for me to recover."

"Slifer's power?" Gagagigo asked.

"Oh boy," Arthur said. "I think you may need us to give you the rundown on… basically everything that's happened."

"... well, I knew I wasn't going to get such a warm welcome, but I didn't expect this...!"  As soon as the three lombaxes had stepped foot inside the Inch of Will, Alister Azimuth was met with the barrels of numerous firearms aimed in his face.

"GUYS! Chill! He's with us now!" Alexander blurted out as he got between Alister and the C.O.G.s.

"You sure about that?" Baird sniped back.  "He could just be letting himself in so he can sabotage us, for all we know--"

"He's made up his mind," Ratchet replied adamantly, staring Baird down fiercely.  "Now, stand down."

A brief, stunned silence hung for a moment as Ratchet received stares from Clank, the two older lombaxes and the C.O.G.s, surprised by Ratchet's suddenly stern performance.  "... all right," Marcus Fenix spoke, finally breaking the silence.  "As long as he doesn't cause us any trouble.  But he's your responsibility.  Got it?" he added to both Ratchet and Alexander, who both nod in agreement.

As soon as the C.O.G.s left them alone, Alister heaved out a exhausted sigh.  "Feels like I'm always being judged...."

"Don't worry, Alister," Alex reassured.  "Give them time, they'll warm up to you."

"... I dunno...."

"Hey, you guys are back!"  The lombaxes turned toward the source of the new voice; standing by was Umbris in his Dark Panther form, a somewhat cheery smirk on his muzzle.

"Umbris!  You're looking a lot better!" Alexander chimed cheerfully, overjoyed that Umbris had recovered from his Chrysalis form.

"Yup.  And looks like you guys managed to get Alister to join you," Umbris added with a glance toward the General.  "So, I'm guessing you didn't have to tie him up to get him here?"

"Funny," Ratchet scoffed with a smirk.  "No, he actually had made up his mind long ago."

"Oh."

Predaking

Just as Kratos daringly leapt from the Inch of Will, it began to take off.  "You fool!" Predaking called.  He swiftly changed into his dragonic form and swooped in at Kratos.  Snatching the warrior from his death dive, the blue hue fizzled as Kratos turned around in anger.  "What are you doing, Predaking!?"

"Saving your life."  Predaking said turning back to the Inch of Will.  Kratos noticed that Foster was ready to leave.  His mood changed instantly, and he said nothing as they flew away from the Earth Bound Immortal.  "You would have been trapped with that beast, and there would have been no means of reaching you.  We can test the Blade later.  Right now, we have to get back to the ship.  There is much more to discuss," Predaking said as he approached the Inch of Will.  Chernobyl had remained on board, his eyes filled with horror as he had watched his master nearly leap to his death.  When Kratos finally returned, he instantly pounced at his master's feet, gnawing at his foot.  Kratos knelled down to apologize.  "Forgive me my friend.  I was anxious to do battle at my best, not foreseeing the obvious," he said patting Chernobyl's head.  Chernobyl barked once, as if to say, "Don't do it again".  Kratos followed Predaking back to Kokonoe's laboratory to discuss Predaking's alterations further.

"Is there no way for you to summon the Blade without. . .destroying everything around you?" Predaking asked with a huff.

"You would have to give me a lot of room, or an indestructible box.  But there's no suc--"

"An indestructible box?  Just . . . something large enough for you to stand in. . . something we could control . . . " Predaking said to himself curiously.

"Don't even think about putting me in a BOX!"

Predaking chuckled maliciously.  "I suppose we could wait until we reached. . .wherever it is we're going.  I'll address Foster.  But if it comes down to it, I'll think of something."  Predaking continued laughing leaving the laboratory, heading to the bridge.  Kratos remained seated, glaring at Predaking as he walked away.  Turning his attention to Chernobyl, he picked up the hell pup who was currently intangible.  "We'll figure this out, won't we Chernobyl?"  Chernobyl licked Kratos cheek, and made the warrior laugh.  "Have you met-- actually now that I think about it," Kratos said getting to his feet and moving over to Kokonoe.  "I haven't met you either.  Chernobyl, say hello." Kratos ordered.  Becoming tangible, Chernobyl hopped down and into Kokonoe's lap, sitting and barking playfully at her, interrupting her work.  

|_)The Evangelist Hapshiel(_|

A Hapshiel's soft, passionate eyes scanned the white void of the Inner Periphery, something bumped quite roughly into his back. Turning slowly whilst flexing his muscles, he stared right into the eyes of that cute little celestial from before, though it seems she had gotten a wardrobe change. “The third time this day? Man, I should better watch my steps from now on. I’m sorry for bumping into you, sir. I hope this won’t be happening ag- Oh god why.”

The cute little celestial ran off quite impressively fast, how could Hapshiel not skip after her playfully, giggling like a nutter the entire way. "Cute young lady, wait up! Ooooh, you're giving me the hard approach huh? You big meanie!" he declared playfully as his combat boots skipped across the void.

-------------------------------------------------------

|_)Magical Girl Lydia(_|

Lydia quietly walked past many of the pleasing fan character appearances as she clasped the faded soul gem to her chest. Seems all the commotion outside was attracting their attention. Looking up and down the hallway there was no one around. She snuck into the nearest room, and thankfully it was unoccupied. Lydia sighed with relief as she sat down cross-legged on the floor, and just let go of Cuestick.

The warm metal clattered on the ground as finally, since their assault on the Outer Periphery, she could finally sit down and relax. The past few hours had been completely nightmarish, but for what it was worth, at least the voices stopped... well, the vast majority of the voices stopped. Her muscles ached from all the faffing about thta had been going on, and that shockwave from the railguns didn't exactly help. This was, for lack of a better word: Nuts. Granted, after all that had been happening Lydia had past nuts along time ago after she fought and beat a Witch.

Speaking of that, she stared deeply into the Soul Gem. She didn't need to look close in order to see the verdant fields of flowers and the clear blue skies. LERNA's Barrier, now hers. In retrospect it would be a shame to lose it.

[???] - Megiddo

The fal'Cie leaned forward, folding his hands and placing his elbows in midair, tapping his fingers against his knuckles. "This is risky," he muttered to himself. "I will have to trust Solasiro to ensure Etro's end. As for myself…" One by one, he dismissed many of his screens, until seventeen of them where left. One of them, which depicted the Sphere Forest, appeared in front of them, while the other screens split up into groups of four, each group forming a large square, and each square connecting to form a cube.

The screen closest to him scanned over an aircraft, but the scene began to zoom out, the screen shrinking to a fourth of its size, moving to top left corner of the screen, leaving black space. In the bottom right corner, another image appeared, showing the same scene, but this one panned over until it found a tunnel through the surface. The view began to follow down, curving in different directions before reaching a white void. However, as the view drew close, the image suddenly turned to static. Megiddo sighed in disappointed, and returned his focus to the first screen.

He split off two more identical screens to fill the empty space, and the views around the Inch of Will focused on different people. Most seem to be already inside, while others were preparing to join them. However, two were not moving at all, both of whom he recognized, though one not as easily as the first. Jecht was paralyzed where he stood, while a certain knight was in meditation. Judging by how the majority of the people seemed on friendly terms with the knight, he seemed to be leading the others. Jecht, he concluded, was clearly an enemy. One of the screens focused on Eria, who had boarded the ship with her allies. Megiddo rested his head on his hand. "Solasiro was summoned to defeat you? I barely understand why you were required for his resurgence, but I suppose I shall have you thank you for it regardless."

[iI-B2] - Kree'arra & Zilyana

Zilyana drew her sword at Izumi. "Too bad. You can't have that. My… associate and I were sent here to retrieve that staff for his god." She spat the last word out, rolling her eyes at Kree'arra. "So forgive us if we'd rather not let you use that to control your power."

Kree'arra raised his hand to Zilyana. "Wait." He slowly approached Izumi, calmly so as to not antagonize her. "Perhaps we could come to an agreement? Is there an alternative that could keep your divine energy under control, so that I may return to my world with that staff?"

[iI-B2] - MirageGaogamon & Gagagigo

Arthur and Eria boarded the Inch of Will, while MirageGaogamon had reverted to MachGaogamon. He nodded at Gagagigo, extending his hand out to him. "Glad to see you on our side."

Gagagigo looked at MachGaogamon's hand, and took it in his own. Even Gagagigo found himself look up to MachGaogamon, but to MachGaogamon, the size difference wasn't as drastic as it was with everyone else. "As I am glad to be on it. You are…?"

"MachGaogamon," he answered. "Arthur's partner."

"Arthur? I must ask you about the boy. How did he come to meet Eria?"

MachGaogamon nervously shifted, and began to lead Gagagigo away from the Inch of Will, much to Gagagigo's suspicion. "Do you remember anything when you were in the Shadow Realm?"

"I have… faint images. All I remember is… when I… I hurt Eria. Wait… oh gods. That boy. I remember him now. I almost… Why?"

"I had heard that you were changed my a scientist by the name of Kozaky."

"Yes," Gagagigo admitted. "But he is dead. He left me in his laboratory, and departed off. I had not seen him sense. I can only presume he died after that."

MachGaogamon patted Gagagigo on the shoulder. "Then you are free of him. Whatever worries you have about having wronged any of the Counter Corps in the past, do not blame yourself for them."

"But I asked Kozaky to give me power. I put myself in the position where I could be his plaything. I am just as responsible for anything I've done since then as he is."

"Then if you feel you must make amends for that, then helping us is a good place to start."

"Did you not hear me? It's not that easy."

"What I just told you, I said the same to Arthur. He was with the Divine at first, and so was I. I left to join the Counter Corps, and he followed."

"You both just betrayed the Divine? Just like that."

"Gagagigo, if what I know about you is correct, then you and Eria are rather like Arthur and I. Arthur and I will always help each other, just as you will always help Eria."

"Do you really believe that?"

"Do you?"

Gagagigo smiled. "I guess I will have to think about that."

"I guess that's as good as start as any."

[iI-B2 - Inch of Will] - Arthur & Eria

Arthur leaned back against the interior of the Inch of Will, with Eria walking next to him. He stood straight up, and crossed her hands. "Sounds like our partners are getting to know each other."

"Cool," Arthur answered. "Maybe MachGaogamon will say something nice about me, and I'll get your big brother's approval."

"Approval?"

"You know. Us?"

Eria nodded. "Right."

"I meant what I said. Up there, against Apocrypha."

Eria giggled, leaning against the wall, and taking Arthur's hand in hers, leading him around the Inch of Will. "About loving me?"

"I did. You meant what you said after LERNA was defeated, didn't you?"

"Of course I did!"

"Eria," Arthur sighed. They were in a random hallway, and from the looks of things, no one was around to listen to them. "You… all these people, both Counter Corps and Divine… they're the first people I've ever interacted with in five years. Humans. What does that say about me?"

"What do you mean?"

"I've spent the last five years running from my home. Well, the home I was told I was going to have. I'm just… worried."

"About what?"

"First cute girl I've met in five years, and… I'm in love. How does that even work?"

"I guess love just depends on the person."

"Did you know any cute guys before you met me?"

"What kind of question is that?" Eria laughed.

"Hey, I winked at one of the girls in the Divine when I was still with them." Arthur was met with a glare from Eria. Arthur looked away and began biting his lip, immediately regretting what he just said.

"Well," Eria shrugged. "There was one."

"Oh?"

"His name was Dharc."

"…'Dark'?"

"D-H-A-R-C."

"Alright. Who was he?"

"He was a Charmer, like the others and I. He joined a little after I did, along with his sister, Lyna."

"What could they do? Wait, let me guess."

"Yes, Dharc controlled darkness. Lyna controlled light."

"I see."

"I don't know what happened to them, though. Wynn, Hiita, and Aussa… I hope those two didn't end up like them."

"I… didn't want to bring them up, but that also worries me. How could you love me after what I did to them? I was controlling them. Weren't they the closest things you had to sisters?"

"I really… I really wanted to kill you. Whoever you were. I just knew that you took my friends from me. I wanted you to pay, just for that."

"And yet, here we are."

"You just needed someone to draw you back to humanity, I think. You spent so much in that Digital World you spoke of. I know you had MachGaogamon with you, and you've never talked about hating it. What did you even do there?"

Arthur took a deep breath. "Survive, I guess. Sometimes I was training with the Royal Knights, the people who watch over the place. Other times, I went to hang around villages where people would hold parties for me, hailing one of the humans that saved them."

"So… people appreciated you. That's why you stayed so long?"

"What other choice did I have? I never even tried to correct them and point out that I wasn't human. I hated being a demigod. How would you feel if your parents were killed, and you were told that they were never even your parents at all?"

Eria's mind flashed, her memory filled with her father fighting the knight in black armor. "Arthur… is there anything you forgot?"

"No. Why?"

"Didn't some of us lose our memories? Of how things were before all this?"

"We did. Are you remembering something?"

"I don't know. I just… I see my father, fighting against some soldier. I can't remember how it turned out."

Arthur didn't answer. To him, if Eria wasn't remembering, there was always the possibility that she just didn't want to remember. And if she didn't, then Arthur had an idea why. "I think we should talk about something else?"

Eria said nothing.

"Remember what happened with LERNA? She wanted us to be miserable. We still know nothing about whoever this Ophelia is."

Eria closed her eyes, turning her head away from Arthur.

"Whatever you forgot, I understand if you don't want to remember. Who saved me from that Familiar back in LERNA's Barrier?"

"Obelisk," Eria answered weakly.

Arthur shook his head. "Alright, but who summoned him?"

"Me."

"Who stood up to her own god when he was being controlled by someone else? Who not only did that, but saved me, Jeanne, and Matthew?"

"I know what you're doing."

"Who was it that brought me back from being some random monster, and gave me the courage to defeat Apocrypha."

"Arthur, please, stop."

"No, I won't. Eria, I wasn't kidding when I told Gagagigo that you saved me. I'm alive because you're able to save me. You gave me a chance even after I was a member of the Divine, even after what I did to your friends. I don't know if I can bring them back, and I know it wouldn't be right to use the Door to do that, but you still believed in me."

"I'm just tired of people dying. My friends, the people in the Counter Corps… I think there were people in the Divine who didn't deserve to die. You're always talking about your father, and I never even noticed until now that I had forgotten about mine."

"And you're worried that… sorry. That was too far."

"I'm sure he did. That must be why I can't remember. Because I don't want to."

"Well, I'm sure that he'd be proud you."

"Yeah, he would," Eria nodded, managing a smile. "Don't know what he'd think of you, though."

"Well, then I hope I'd be able to make him happy by helping his little girl home."

Eria held her hand out to Arthur, and Arthur accepted it. Eria pulled Arthur towards her, wrapping her other arm around him. "Why did this have to happen now? Why do I have to remember something like that?"

"Solasiro did this, didn't he? Ophelia summoned him, after all."

"No. I started remembering when I found Gagagigo. But, what he said did scare me. The multiverse has so many different worlds. Can there really be one of them where I'm just a character? Some place where I don't exist."

"Forget about him," Arthur assured him. "You're here, and I can tell you, you're as real as anyone can be."

Alexander, Alister and Ratchet/Inch of Will

"... well, I'm sure you guys have a bit of catching-up to do," Umbris spoke after a brief, awkward silence, "so, I'll just leave you three be.  Catch you later."  The Panther wandered off, leaving the three lombaxes by themselves.

"... ... did I make the right choice...?" Alister muttered to himself.

"Al, I know you're worried about Red," Alexander replied in an attempt to reassure the General, "but I promise, we'll--"

"--no, Alex," Alister interrupted.  "It's not just that, it's... I mean... should I have even gotten involved in all of this in the first place?  I know that... heh," Alister trailed off, a sad chuckle escaping from his pained smirk.  Facing toward Ratchet, he resumed, "I know... that the me that you first met, Ratchet, would have jumped at the chance Isamy offered me, the chance to bring back our race, in a heartbeat.  And I know... that I would have done whatever it took to have that goal realized, even if it meant--AUGH!"  A sharp, sudden pain forced Alister to quickly grip his head, his world starting to spin as the pain then began to intensify. 

"Alister!!"  "Alister, are you all right?!"  "General, hang on.  We'll get you to the infirmary."

He could hear voices, but he wasn't sure if they were the concerned, frightened voices of Ratchet and Alexander, or....

"... what about the lombaxes?"

... wait, did he just hear his own voice talking?  Fighting through the pain, Alister slowly opened his eyes, trying to see what was going on.  What he saw was nothing short of shocking.

"They're not in danger, they've just... moved on."

Azimuth could not believe it.  He was back at the Great Clock, with Ratchet and Clank, after he had rescued them from Doctor Nefarious' Space Station!  How could this be, when he was just on the Inch of Will only seconds before?   Had he... been sent back to the past?  How... wait, he didn't remember kneeling on the platform.  Nor were Ratchet and Clank standing to his left, now that he thought about it.  This perspective was not recognizable in the slightest....

"And we'll find them, but the past stays where it is."

Alister did remember that Ratchet was speaking to him at this time, but Ratchet wasn't facing him now....

... wait, don't tell me.

Alister nearly snapped his neck turning his head to face right, toward the direction Ratchet was facing... and his heart nearly stopped.  For standing before him, appearing rejected and confused... was himself.  But how... if I'm there, then....

"C'mon, pal," Ratchet said somberly to Clank as he turned away from the other Alister, "I'll walk you in...."

As the younger lombax began to make his leave with his robotic pal, the sadness and confusion on the past Alister's face was slowly making way to fury.

"You were never a sidekick. You do know that, right?" Ratchet said to Clank as the two make their way to the Orvus Chamber.

"I always thought that you were the sidekick," Clank replied with his signature chuckle.

Alister could not help but to let a slight smile cross his lips, seeing the two friends being able to crack jokes despite knowing --oh, no....

"Where are you going?" the past Alister spoke up, his voice calm and firm at first yet steadily building in rage.  "This is your responsibility. You can't just walk away!"

"... no," Alister uttered in horror as he strained to pick himself up off the ground, "no, please, you're making a mistake...!"

"The Lombaxes needs us! Don't walk away from me!"  The past Alister, Praetorian OmniWrench gripped tightly in hand, readied an energy blast, his sights set on Ratchet.

"No, you can't!!" shrieked Alister as he desperately stumbled hastily toward his past self.

"I said--!"

"STOP!!"  But he was too late; the past Azimuth had already let loose his blast before Alister managed to tackle him(self) to the ground.  "RATCHET, LOOK OUT!" he called out to the young lombax, but could only watch in horror as the energy blast struck Ratchet square in the chest.  The General's heart felt as if it was being squeezed by a cold hand as he watched Ratchet struggle to get upright, clutching at his own chest as he coughed weakly.

"No... I'm sorry," Alister croaked out in disbelief, staggering to his feet as Ratchet's body began to go limp.  "No... NO...!!" Alister dashed as fast as he could to reach Ratchet before the young lombax could fall off the platform.  He thrust out his hand, his fingers could almost feel Ratchet's hand... ... and yet it slipped right through his grasp just as easily, and Ratchet's body plummeted into the abyss below.

"RAAAATCHEEEET!!!!"

... this is my fault..., the thought ran through Alister's head as he remained huddled on all-fours by the edge, sobbing uncontrollably.  ... it's all my fault....

"... hmph.  Never thought I'd see myself in such a sorry state."

"... ... ... ..." Alister's sobbing slowly quieted down, replaced by a heavy breathing.

"To think, that I would become someone as weak of will as you... how pathetic."

Alister slowly got himself to his feet, and just as calmly turned to look behind him.  "... now, tell me, just how exactly am I the weak-willed one?" he asked of the past self that was now looking at him with a smug yet sinister glare.

"Isn't it obvious?" the past Alister scoffed.  "You had been granted the greatest opportunity of your life--nay, my life!  And yet you go ahead and throw that all away for some worthless sentimentality--"

"Ratchet is not worthless!" Alister shot back furiously.

"You could have been a hero, Alister!" Past!Azimuth continued unabated.  "You could have been a GOD, able to create a world of your dearest desire!" He sneered, scoffing once again.  "And yet, right now, all I see in you... is a coward, who lost the guts to save his race--!"

"I'm still protecting them, dammit!  It may not be what I had set out to do, but I'm still doing what's right--!"

"You couldn't do ANYTHING right!!"  Past!Azimuth took a step back as Alister thrust the Z-Wrench into his face threateningly.  "And what's this?" Past!Azimuth laugh.  "You can't stand to hear the truth from your own mouth, so you decide you want to shut me up? Is that it?!"

"Not shut you up...," Alister seethed, the tears still welling in his glaring eyes.  "I... I'm going to KILL YOU!"

"Heh.  "Kill myself", you mean?"

"Whatever works...!"

Past!Azimuth's eyes flickered darkly as he twisted his mouth into a sadistic grin.  "Very well, Alister," he taunted as he jumped back and away from Alister, arming himself with his Praetorian OmniWrench as both assumed their fighting positions.  "I'll be more than happy to assist you in your suicide...."

|_)Magical Girl Lydia(_|

Deep in her own concentration, Lydia's mind left herself as she focused her mind on the jewel clasped in her hands.

--------------------------------------------------------
|_)In the Barrier(_|

Lydia knelt down to pick a flower, a tulip, from the endless expanse of flowers of the Barrier. She twizzled the stem as the snow white dress she was wearing blew in the eternally pleasant breeze that came from nowhere and reached everything. Came from nowhere, and reache everything. What a funny expression, yet, it made sense. Everything in the past day, it had only been a day of fighting had just been nucking futs. Supernatural beings from anime, video games and card games, as well as things she couldn't have ever imagined. All fighting over something that honestly shouldn't ever be touch. It was absolute insanity.

But, what bothered her the most, was the homesickness. Never in her wieldest dreams did she ever think of doing this alone, and, it was just sad that the others couldn't have come. All those comrades ont he side of the CC were nice, and downright awesome, but it just didn't feel right to not have the others. Remi? Adam? And Zac. All of this, was just, insane.

Let it go

"~The sun so bright in this world of light, though once it was misery. A kingdom once of LERNA, but now it belongs to me. My heart racing like the time towards the end, and I try to hold it back, as my soul rends~" she sang as she cast away the flower and walked across the field.

"~Don't you know what you meant to me? You were the only one I always hoped to see. My feels, they're real, but you always knew. You always KNEEEEEEWWWW!~" she sang to the heavens, her magical aura building up as it fluttered her dress modestly.

"~Zacchy boy. Zacchy boy. You made me feel much less poor. Zacchy boy, Zacchy boy. I'd turn and want some more. I don't care, I was going to pay. Though my heart rages on; love never bothered me anyways~"

Her long steps strided across the endless field as the flowers turned to emblazon a certain someone in their pattern. "~It's funny how some distance, can make you long so much. I thought my mind controlled me, but turns out it was my heart. It's time to seal how much I feel, to break all limits for this deal. No love, no pain, no binds for meeeeee! I'm FREEEEE!~" She cried as the flowers blew away, leaving a marble platform in their wake.

"~Zacchy boy, Zacchy boy! Though this comes much too late. Zacchy boy, Zacchy boy. Our love will have to wait. For here I am! And here I'll stay stand! Let my heart rage on!~"

She leapt to the top of the marble platform as it began rising up. Small colums formed below as ramps and different artistic archtiectual crap happened. "~My will to win sings like a million beating drums! My heart cries out for Isamy to pay the price for all her cimes. And for Galina I will erase her painful past. And then I'm going back, to face my long lost past!~"

"~Zacchy boy, Zacchy boy! And I'll be home to you so soon. Zacchy boy, Zacchy boy! This perfect girl is yours! But here I'll stand, and here I must stay! For all that's RRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGHHHHHTTTTT! Isamy's gotta pay!~" she declared from atop the marble tower.

--------------------------------------------------------

Lydia awoke with a start, she was back in the empty room. She rubbed her eyes listlessly as she wondered one thing. "What was that all about?" she wondered.

The Inch of Will

After properly meeting Kokonoe, Chernobyl ran off, and out into the halls of the Inch of Will

"Where are you going!?" Kratos said chasing Chernobyl.  Following the hell pup, he ran past what seemed like a dozen corridors until dim voices became more clear.  Though he didn't recognize them, Chernobyl would change that quickly.  Sniffing his tiny way into Arthur's foot, Chernobyl sat, and barked up Arthur's leg.  Beside him was another, this one being Eria.  They had crossed paths before but were never properly introduced.  Kratos only recalled vaguely glancing at her menacingly when she was about to bring aboard a questionable friend.  But judging by this particular meeting, Kratos and Chernobyl were interrupting something.  Chernobyl barked again, running around between Arthur and Eria until Kratos scooped him up.  "Here, Chernobyl," he said pointing at his foot.  Chernobyl stopped in his tracks, and ran to sit at his master's foot.  "Up," Kratos said holding his palm out right, facing the floor.  But Chernobyl could not quite jump to the height that Kratos wanted.

Chernobyl tilted his head, disappointed in his own abilities.  Kratos lowered his hand a bit, and repeated, "up!" to Chernobyl.  This time the hell pup's nose nudged Kratos' hands.  When he landed, he gave a resounding bark, and Kratos picked up the puppy and congratulated him.  "Well done little one," he said petting the hell pup.  "You'll have to excuse him.  He's curious," Kratos said turning up to Arthur.  "Why do you hide here in this dark corridor?" he questioned aloud, noticing Arthur and Eria's embrace.  "Are you ashamed of your relationship?"  Still getting used to the world, privacy was not something Kratos understood too well.  "Now I recall your face," he said suddenly.  "We met atop this ship, briefly in battle.  What is your name?" he directed to Arthur.  Chernobyl barked, curious again.  He snuck away from Kratos and past Arthur and Eria to an undetected presence, with large boots and signature golden hair.  He sniffed at the boy's foot until he acknowledged Chernobyl's curiosity.

Inch of Will, the Bridge

Predaking was making his way the cockpit of the Inch of Will when he realized he wouldn't be able to fit through the entrance.  Hacking into the ship's comm system, he hot wired his voice to Foster's communicator.  "Foster.  Forgive my intrusion but I must insist on having a word with you.  I've been discussing some things with Kokonoe, and we have potential means to over power the Divine.  Maybe not completely, but it would drastically damage their forces.  And by means of an upgrade to my own circuits, the control of our many universes would swing in our favor.  However, without pinpoint precision and your cooperation, everyone's lives will be in danger.  It is risky, but according to my calculations, our chances of success would be eighty percent.  That is, if we make it to the upgrade stage, pending your answer."

Predaking went on to explain how he would need to have Kratos bring the Blade of Olympus aboard the Inch of Will, but how it's impact would endanger everyone on the ship as well.  He continued, deriving a measure of controlling the impact by buffering it with parts from his own metal, as they were much stronger than the Inch of Will's.  He finished his theory by stating that, "if we overhaul the ship's power to it's shields by ninety-eight percent, and leave the two percent shield missing from the layer that is above Kokonoe's laboratory, it should work.  But that's that.  What do you think Captain?"

Inch of Will/Kokonoe's Lab

"Ugh, finally," Kokonoe blurted out as soon as Chernobyl and Kratos had left, shaking off whatever dog fur had gotten on her clothing.  "Seriously, what made him think I was a dog person, anyway?  For crap's sake, I'm a [[EFF!!]]-ing cat--huh? What's going on over there...?" Kokonoe said suddenly as she took a glance at her monitor, the screen streaming surveillance footage from around the ship (("What?  Did you expect me to leave my lab just to see what's going on around the ship?  B*tch, please!")).  More specifically, she was looking at the surveillance focused on the lombaxes.  "... ... ... oh... oh, that's not good."  Reaching for a communication stone, Kokonoe tapped on it twice.  "Rodin, I need you to secure a barrier around the lombaxes, but take no further action.  Something funny is going on...."

Alister vs Past!Azimuth/The Great Clock(???)  ♫♪♫ "Heroes Collide"/Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time ♪♫♪

"Alister, what are you doing...?!" "Something is not right here...." "Alex--!"  "Don't worry about me, I'll be fine!"

With a furious battle cry, Alister lunged, Z-Wrench in hand, at his past self, intent on striking him down where he stood.  Past!Azimuth, however, easily sidestepped the assault, then sidestepped again when Alister shot an energy blast at him. "Come on, Alister, you can do better than that!" taunted Past!Azimuth.   "Yikes, that was close...!"
"Why is he talking to himself?"
"Shut up!" Alister shrieked as he threw yet another energy blast from his wrench.  This time, however, Past!Azimuth merely deflected it with one swing of his OmniWrench.  "Gah!!  Alister, snap out of it!!" "You may want to step back, Ratchet." "Rodin?! What's going on?" "I have to seal these two within a barrier, so that they don't damage the ship, or any of the others."  "But--!" "Sorry, kid.  I've got my orders...."
"Hmph!  Sloppy," Past!Azimuth scolded.  "Just another result of your weak will." "Wait, my "weak will"?  What are you saying, Alister?"

"All you're doing is talk!  If you know you can do better, then COME AT ME!!" Alister shouted. 
"... alright, Al, if it'll help me figure out what's going through your head...."
"Thought you'd never ask...!" With yet another dark glint in his eye, Past!Azimuth dashed forward at an alarming speed, ramming into Alister, and slamming him against--wait, when did this invisible barrier get put up?  A mixed blessing, nonetheless, as without it, both Alisters would have plummeted into the abyss.  Past!Azimuth pressed the shaft of his Wrench against Alister's neck, leering into his face.  "So, this is what you wanted, right?"
"Alright, Al, tell me what's going on.  What's got you freaking out like this....?"
As Alister strained to force his past self off of him, something caught his eyes that made his blood run cold for a moment; the other Azimuth's eyes... for a brief second, they gained an unnatural look... gleaming red irises and darkened sclera.  "You...," Alister gasped out, "you're... not normal...!  Who are you?!" he demanded fiercely. 
"... well, I know I'm not normal, but... wait, your eyes...! Did they just...?!"
Past!Azimuth gave a sinister laugh.  "Starting to get it now?  I'm the sin in your heart, Alister.  The black stain of your miserable past... the ghost that shall always haunt you," Past!Azimuth uttered, whispering the last part closely into his ear.
"... I think I'm starting to get it now...."
"... your breath stinks," Alister blurted out, feeling his left hand grow cold.  "Why not have a mint and CHILL OUT?!"  Thrusting his left palm into the other Azimuth's torso, Alister blasted his doppelganger with a blast of cold energy, courtesy of his CryoMine Glove.
"... corny puns aside, Al, that's a good start.  C'mon... we'll fight this together... ... damn, that's cold, though...!."
Despite having his upper torso half-encased in ice, the past Azimuth let out a chilling laugh. "Okay... now we're getting somewhere," he sneered, flashing Alister another glare, this time almost mirthful as well as psychotic....

-=Tenco/Amato=-

“..Goddammit.”

The freak-of-the-universe that she bumped into earlier apparently had started chasing her, moving towards her at insane speed. Tenco kept running, but it was clear that the muscle-bound pervert was faster.

“We won’t be able to get away from him at this rate!”

Let me handle this.

“Huh?”

Just, stand still and watch.

Tenco’s body suddenly started moving on its own. Tenco, or to be more accurate, Amato raised her hand, and stone pillars emerged from the ground, becoming a border between her and the one that chased after her.

“And then, one more thing.” Amato spoke through Tenco’s mouth.

Wait, what the hell?

Her body slowly turned into solid granite, from head to toe. Her clothing also turned to stone, and when the process ended, Tenco was more or less, a statue.

Just don’t move.

Wait, how the hell can I move while I’m stuck as a statue?

Actually, you can. Ever heard something about moving statues in your life?

Ah. But anyway, why?

Outrunning him is pointless, you’re not fast enough. Since now you’re practically a statue now who can’t feel any outside stimuli, this should be the better way. At least you won't feel anything this way.

Uh…what kind of logic is that?

Just trust me. And don’t worry about being broken to pieces while in this form, since you can’t.

Whatever.

The statue then stood still behind the stone pillars.

"Why are we just waiting here? Won't it better if we just run?"

Shut the hell up and just wait.

-=Kazuya=-

Still bored, Kazuya decided to make a dog from his flies, and played catch with it. But coordinating the flies was a hard thing to do, so his attempt to pass time failed once again.

“What the hell am I doing anyway? I really need to think about the upcoming battle instead of doing something silly like this.”

Ophelia, the Inner Periphery

The Reyvateil stood motionless, letting nothing but silence fall as her ominous announcement continued to linger in the air. Minutes had passed, and yet curiously enough, nothing had occurred even as more and more warriors turned up.

Though none of the rest had noticed it yet, there was a psychic layer of nonviolence coating the whole Inner Periphery, which negated the thought of combat and served as the reason that a huge battle hadn’t immediately erupted out between her and the various Divine and Counter Corps present. It certainly served its purpose – further delaying things and allowing her more time. Not only that, but Solasiro had chosen this moment to act in the Outer Periphery, and as far as she was concerned he was doing a good job of it.

At least until a certain girl descended out from the skies, with her arms crossed and an annoyed look apparent on her face as their eyes met.

Imperia

“Welcome, Master. I’ve been waiting for you.” Ophelia greeted the Herald.

“Awww, look, the plaything grew a backbone and spoke first. You must feel so proud of yourself,” Isamy remarked childishly, in the sort of tone an adult would speak to a child playing pretend.

Her descent slowed down until her feet touched the flat, white surface, landing with cold grace, with her eyes regarding the Reyvateil for just a moment, before she opened her mouth again and said, “Can’t say I’m all too surprised. I bet you think you’re all cool and tough now, having run out into the big bad world with my stolen treasures to back you up, along with a bunch of stuff from my information bank – which reminds me, in the past hour, I learned something new about you; you have very bad taste in boys. I took the time to boot one of your boyfriends off into the sun, and another ended up obliterated for his arrogance. Said this funny thing about knowing all my powers thanks to this computer thing, as if it’d help him win. It didn’t. Did you honestly believe that vermin like that would stand a chance against me? I wonder what you had to do to gain their allegiance anyway? Did you cling onto their legs, begging like a little doll, until they relented or something?” She took a glance at the blob above them. “And is that random thing supposed to be your secret weapon or whatever? How pathetic. Frankly, I find you pathetic.

“Your opinion is irrelevant, Master.”

Isamy let out a sigh, as if having expected such a response. “You know, I’ve never gone to elementary school, but even I can tell that your so-called ‘trap’ was overly complicated. In other words, impractical. What were you trying to achieve by leaving an atmosphere? By going through the trouble of gathering up a bunch of vermin and mongrels? Why not just wait in space with an orbital cannon and blow us out of the sky or something when we arrive? How much stupider can you get?”

“The Counter Guardian would’ve taken a different approach if there was no atmosphere to reassure her, giving us little chance to trap the Counter Corps.” Ophelia explained, even though technically, she was enemies with the girl in front of her and shouldn’t simply throw out information just like that. “Not only that, but no conventional weapon would ever be able to hold you back. Just as Sykes Huegares understood your strength, so do I. You would have regenerated and then burned through this plane in an instant.”

“So the plaything understands! What a shocker!” Though somewhat bemused, the Herald couldn’t help but smile as her superiority was recognized and acknowledged. As should be expected from a servant. “Well, if you knew, then why even bother , when we both know how this is going to end?”

“Because this is not my design.”

Surprised, Isamy blinked. “Hm? What did you say?”

“I said ‘Because this is not my design’.”

“But- What do you mean?!”

“I mean that this is not my design.”

“I get that part.” Isamy snapped. “But if that’s the case, then whose design is it?”

For a passing moment, the cyborg girl didn’t give a reply.

“Your father’s.”

For another passing moment, Isamy could do nothing but stare at her in shock.

Then, “Liar!”

“I do not lie.”

The immortal sorceress clenched her fists. “But he’s DEAD. How can you follow the orders of a dead man? A man who stopped existing a century ago? His whole life is time-locked and no one can ever go back to it, no matter how much they want to! No matter how much I want to.”

“He’s only dead from your point of view.” Ophelia stated as matter-of-fact.

Once more, Isamy could do nothing but stare at her, this time in confusion – until realization flooded throughout her face.

“Oh. Ohhh, okay, I get it.”

A strange expression began to creep up onto her face as she stared at her former servant with an undecipherable eyes, though it was similar to the sort of look a sociopathic mother would give to the child of another.

“Everything is clear to me now. Everything that you’ve done, all these pointless actions - it all makes sense! Of course, it was all right there in front of me, why didn’t I see it before? IT’S SO OBVIOUS, ISN’T IT? So, so obvious. Haha… Ahaha…”

“What do you mean?” Ophelia asked, despite knowing that she should stay silent.

’What do you mean?’, it asks! It wants to know what I mean! Whoa! DID YOU HEAR THAT, GUYS?!” The almighty Herald mocked out loudly, rising back up into the air, letting her voice boom out so that all the members of the Divine and Counter Corps currently present would hear it. The whole Inner Periphery began to shake as she spoke, resonating with her annoyance, her disgust, her anger. “That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. What, so you don’t get it yourself? You seriously don’t get it? I’ve always had my suspicions about you, Experiment Nine, but even this is a new low for you.”

Still not quite understanding, Ophelia tilted her head.

“Fine. You wanna hear it?” Isamy closed her eyes, and when she opened them again, there was nothing. Nothing but outright, raw disgust for this excuse of a ‘living being’. “Then here it is – you want Master back, don’t you? Oh Master, who’s so kind and considerate to you, who always treats you so well and loves you, who gives you a purpose in life? Oh Master, who you love and miss so much? AND YOU’RE SO LOYAL TO THAT YOU’D TRY TO PLEASE HIM EVEN WHEN HE’S DEAD! It turns out that you’re not even a plaything, since at least you can do something with them. But you? No, you’re just a lost, lonely, f***ed-up WHORE who doesn’t even know how to take care of herself, who’s soooo desperate about wanting her old Master back that she tries to take the Key, even though she can’t!

“I’m afraid you misunderstand-” Ophelia attempted to clarify, but Isamy interrupted her by wagging her finger and tutting, in a manner one would address a disobedient child.

“Oh no, no no no, I perfectly understand. See, the thing is, you don’t know how to live for yourself, which is just pitiful. So I’m going to dispose of you right here, right now. And believe or not, your precious Master won’t be there to save you. Not this time.”

With that, Isamy began to take one step forward, then another. With a flick of her hand, a massive spacial scythe over seven times her size materialized into it, with a blade so sharp it could cut through even the most powerful metals in the multiverse. As the seconds passed by, she approached menacingly, and Ophelia could only stand there in response, knowing that no matter how far she ran or where she went, it would be hopeless.

Her whole life never had any hope to begin with.

No. That would be a lie.

“You’re wrong.”

What did you just say?”

“You’re wrong.”

“Oooh, we have a plot twist here. The plaything stands up for herself. I’m SO terrified.” The Herald said dryly, halting in her tracks. “Whatever. Before I kill you, I’m curious. What makes you say that?”

“Because I trust in Master, my Master.” As she said this, she held both of her cybernetic hands up to her chest, where no doubt some metaphorical heart existed within, even though technically it should exist within the sphere that accompanied her.

“You mean…”

“Yes, Lord Protheus. He will save me. I'm certain of it.”

Teal eyes narrowed. “Even now?”

“Even now. Therefore, this is your only first and only warning – cease your pursuit of the Key and leave, or perish here.”

Something had to be made clear here. In this situation, in this world, there was nothing standing between them. There were warriors from various different universes around, an incredibly powerful crimson anomaly floating above, and the Key, but none of them could possibly stop the most powerful entity in the entire multiverse. Not even the strongest hero in existence could stand up to her for longer than a few minutes. With all this in mind, everything that was coming out of Ophelia's mouth was void of meaning. 

Each and every one of them were empty words, surely, for the odds that her trust would be met did not exist.

Regardless of the fact that her opponent remained completely calm, they must have been words void of any real meaning. Some may call it a bluff, a brave bluff, but a bluff nonetheless. A bluff to delay the Herald.

However, Ophelia herself truly believed in her own words.

Unimpressed, the next step Isamy took teleported her body forward, and in an instant she reappeared but inches away from her former servant, the sharp gale at the edge of her scythe bent to coldly curve over the Reyvateil’s neck.

“DO YOU REALLY THINK I’D LISTEN TO SOME PLAYTHING?!”

Without pausing, Isamy swung outwards with colossal force equivalent to that of a crashing meteorite, and with such finesse that it was sure to slice through despite the fact that Ophelia’s body was primarily composed of Vibranium. No matter the type of metal, a weapon made from indestructible matter when combined with super strength could slice through absolutely anything. This was an advantage that few other types of weapon in the multiverse could offer, and in that very next instant, Ophelia should have been no more.

However—

Against all logic, all probability, all reason—

Camelot

Desperate Struggle

“Impressive. Even for a Counter Guardian, you’re better than I expected.”

Even as the two mighty warriors clashed again and again in the midst of a raging hurricane at the gates of Camelot, their existence immortal and their strength unrivaled, Protheus still found the time to throw out these words of praise. But it was only to be expected, as one of the many requirements for a Counter Guardians was a keen sense of battle and the mindset to be able to lead their way into victory.

Though it may appear to an outside observer that the two were simply swinging at each other with blades, admittedly with incredible speed and legendary technique, it was much more complex than that. Counter Guardian Arthuria maintained a steady inner control while boosting his attack power through mana bursts, sending out large surges throughout his arms and his blade so that each of his swings were the equivalent of a jet, and at the same time controlling the wind around him so that it also forced anyone facing him to sacrifice some concentration on standing upright. Logically speaking, Arthuria Pendragon had a whole lot of advantages on his side, including strength, environment, even knowledge (as he knew all of his opponent’s abilities, whereas the same did not apply for his opponent) making this should’ve been an easy win.

Although, despite all this, holding up his own was no easy task, and the slightest mistake would bring about his defeat. Protheus had a vast amount of experience behind him, experience that could be matched by few others ever. Millennia of combat, millennia of facing impossible opponents, millennia of accumulated strategies and tactics, making his fighting style unpredictable – a perfect balance between various forms of combat from all over the multiverse, mixed in with dark magic.

However, the most dangerous thing about the Herald of Darkness was the sword he wielded, stylized as a black katana. A sword forged from time energy, it had the power to reverse causality with each attack and have the ‘effect’ happen before the ‘cause’.  In other words, whenever he decided to swing it, its effect would occur first – for instance, chopping a block of wood in half – and then this would be followed up by the cause, his slicing through that same block of wood.

In combat, whenever it was blocked, it would clang first before being swung, allowing for Protheus to act differently and change the immediate future, allowing him to close in on every possibility within a single second of constant clanging until a chance to break through his opponent’s defense revealed itself. If his opponent was any other than a fighter with a perfect defense, they wouldn’t have been able to hold their own in swordplay longer than a moment.

Arthuria was one of the Throne of Heroes’ very best in terms of tactics and leadership, and through instinct alone he was able to predict each of his opponent’s moves and react accordingly, thereby blocking every strike that came from the nameless sword no matter how difficult or how unlikely. Each metallic clang that came from each their swords felt like an eternity wasted away, huge auras of navy and grey energy being emitted outwards.

“Give up, Maximus. You’ve grown far too stale to stand a chance against the likes of me!” Arthuria yelled, just as he suddenly moved in to jump and kick Protheus’s chest, causing dragonic flames to erupt out from the other side. The winds parted from the tremendous force, but despite now having a hole in his chest, the Herald was unbothered as he released one of his hands from the sword to bury his fist into the Guardian’s guts.

“Stale? You’re honestly playing that card, when you haven’t had control over your own body for who knows how long?! Tell me, how does it feel to be able to move your limbs like they're your own again?!” Protheus mocked back, and dark energy burst out from his fist, blasting Arthuria at point-blank range and launching him high up into the air, to be swept away by the storm swirling around them…

…Only for it to lose momentum and quieten down, disapparating, allowing him a chance to fall back down and crash into the ground, where a crater formed on the castle rooftop, its floored surface already severely wrecked from their constant fighting. The night sky was dark, without any moon or stars to light it up, creating a perpetual darkness that fell upon the two combatants.

“Truly, you're one to talk. How can you say that, when you don’t even know who you are anymore?” Not relenting, the knight stabbed his blade into the ground as he got back up, his eyes burning with a cold passion as he glared at the man standing seven meters before him.

“Wait, what? What are you talking about?” The dark sorcerer frowned at this, even as the hole in his chest slowly repaired itself and the fires continued to burn on the medieval ground around him. “Of course I know who I am.”

“Then tell me!” Arthuria commanded, clenching his fists around the hilt of Clarent.

“Need it even be said?” Visibly annoyed that his own identity was being questioned, even in the midst of a sky of darkness to bear witness, there was no way that he would back down. Sweeping his free hand, the flames died down by a dark aura expanding out, though their ashes remained in the air. “I have many names throughout the multiverse, many whom insects cowering in the light use to refer to me. Among them - the Conqueror of the Chaos Beasts, the Founder of Utopia City, the Lord of Seven Times, the Judgment of the Omega, the Chosen One of the Earthbound Immortals, the Deathless Wanderer, the Final Shadow, the Herald of Darkness… But above all, I am known by but one name! The name granted to me by He Who Sleeps in Shadows, the name that guides me above all else! And that is PROTHEUS MAXIMUS!

Arthuria raised a hand. “There is another name that you forgot to mention in your long list.”

“Hm?”

“Pener, godchild to Z-One. And successor of Z-One.”

Time stopped, and for a moment, Protheus could only stare at the Counter Guardian after what he’d spoken out loud. His emotions, everything about him came to a halt.

“H- h- h-” Despite having existed for a total of twelve thousand years, despite having accumulated experience and knowledge from practically every single topic in the entire multiverse, despite everything that made up the pillar that is ‘Protheus Maximus’, he was at a loss for  words. “How did you- That’s n- not possible! It’s not! How would you even KNOW ABOUT THAT?!”

“The Throne remembers your destiny. And it seems, so do you. That wasn't so hard to answer now, was it?” Having confirmed this, the knight closed his eyes, though whether in satisfaction or in pity, it was hard to tell.

“IT IS NOT MY DESTINY!”

Black wisps began to encircle Protheus, going faster and faster in tune with his emotions. No, in truth, he knew not how to respond. After everything he’d done and accomplished, he was unwilling to acknowledge it.

“Why do you deny it? The Throne knows it, and so do I. It is unchangeable, a fixed point in time. The very existence of your daughter, Isamy, is proof that this is a fate you must fulfill eventually. After all, I’m sure that we’re both aware – there can only ever be one Maximus in existence.”

“There are ways around prophecies! Ways to circumvent them! Ways to defy them! Sometimes they even turn out to be false! The birth of this ‘Isamy’ may well be due to some other event unrelated to me, who knows?!” Protheus countered, clinging for a proper rational explanation that he could use to wave away the events that had occurred.

“You know that’s not true. The power that you possess as an Omni cannot simply be replicated.”

“I KNOW! But-”

“You may as well surrender now, Maximus. Turn back and fulfill your destiny, for it awaits you. We both know how this fight is going to end anyway. It’ll be a stalemate until the end of time, as I cannot kill you and you cannot break through my defense.” Letting out a sigh, somewhat tired from the battle and now satisfied after having this little ‘talk’, Arthuria turned away.

“I’m sorry, what was that? I can’t break through your defense? Is that what you said?”

Was he going to insist on continuing this battle? At this rate, neither of them would accomplish what they wanted, since there was no possible way for Protheus to interfere with the Origin War, but at the same time no possible way for Arthuria to keep on leading the Counter Corps.

“Exactly.” He glanced over his shoulder nevertheless. “As fellow soldiers, you should know when a battle cannot be won.”

“Funny you should mention that, because as 'fellow soldiers', I know how to overcome you - by abandoning what I'm capable of, in place of something monstrous. While I know this is cliché, I haven’t been using my full power.”

“I’m sorry, what? Don’t be ridiculous.” The Counter Guardian narrowed his eyes, convinced that this was a bluff.

“You see, this,” Protheus gestured to his own body, “isn’t really me. You can’t even call it a body so much as it is a puppet. It’s merely a medium for me to interact with things. It’s disposable.”

“So what are you attempting to imply here?”

“What I’m trying to say is… There’s this thing that an Omni can do. That I can do. I haven’t used it since my last confrontation with Itsu, and over time, it has become rather rotten, but I suppose you’ve left me no choice but to resort to this.” With sudden confidence that came of nowhere, the dark sorcerer began to let his arms rise up. “Via channeling my soul through this medium, fusing them together, I am able to transform into a form in which I can utilize my full power. I suppose technically, you could even call it ‘my true form’.”

“WHAT?! No, I- I refuse to believe you! If you were capable of such a thing, we would’ve known about it!”

“Oh, so the Throne didn’t know? I’m not surprised. After all, the very course of my soul in time is something that cannot be changed.  Only those who observe it for themselves can know about it.”

When his arms had finished rising, they were placed so that they were precisely adjacent to Protheus’s own body, putting him into the position of a cross. The wisps spinning around him then began to solidify, making contact with his skin, clothing, even sword and corrupting them, consuming them, rapidly spreading all over him until he had been wholly encased in an impenetrable cocoon of pure shadows.

Unsure about what was about to await him, Arthuria pulled his sword out from the stone in preparation for whatever would emerge from it.

“Are you reaDY, COUnTER GUARDIAN? THE ReAL BATTLE BEGiNS…NOW!”

The Inner Periphery

“I did warn you to stand down and leave while you still could, Master. But, it’s too late now. I leave you to dust, to live like dust and die like dust. Naflansee sos Ryusse, Daughter of Maximus.”

This is a law of the multiverse: There can only ever be one Maximus in existence at a time. Not two, absolutely not three, only one. Ways around this were little to none, and any attempt to do so would cause spacetime to attempt to correct itself by cutting off the anomaly causing the problem. After all, if a paradox exists, there must be some kind of anomaly to either cause or drive them. Paradoxes can never exist on their own.

Her scythe merely millimeters away from Ophelia’s neck, before she had even realized what happened, the body of the Herald of Chaos and Entropy suddenly broke up into sand and dust, her clothes quickly vanishing afterwards, with the dark-matter weapon that she wielded clattering to the ground for a brief instant before following suit. Just like that, all of her talk, all of her power and reign, all of it was over.

Just like that, for no apparently explainable reason, the leader of the Divine was gone. It was impossible to know whether or not she would ever reappear.

Her hopes,

her dream to unlock the Door,

every secret that she kept and every motivation that led her to move onwards – all lost to dust without any observer being able to tell what the hell just happened.

Not that they would have the time to question it.

In every system, there is a beginning and there is an end.

In every galaxy, there is a beginning and there is an end.

In every universe, no matter what, there will always be a beginning and there will always be an end.

And then, after that end comes, what next? Must a whole new system, galaxy, and then universe be devised? Or could, perhaps, everything simply repeat itself? A stable loop, and a stable existence, unlike any other. If such an existence were to be, then there would be no need to endanger infinity. Everything would be contained within a never-ending paradoxical cycle, with no distortions, no irregularities. Over the course of sixty-eight billion years, the slate of timespace needn’t be created anew – it need only draw from what came before and do that over once more. Everything will be the same, and yet, nothing will carry over from the old. Or rather, from the exact same thing. An eternal paradox; that is how it is.

That was how it was meant to be.

Circumventing what should be a contained paradox, something had been carried over. An ‘object’, although it was so different from what one would define an object that it could not possibly be defined as such. It was more similar to a ‘god’, with its abstract form and limitless power, although only a fool would call something so formless and meaningless a divine being. Regardless of the miracle that brought it into this current existence, it lacked a purpose for it to be called as anything other than a ‘nothing’. If there were anything that ever had no relevance, then it could only referred to as a ‘nonexistence’, regardless of the efforts it had to go through to keep on existing in its current state.

It must have been pitiful.

Dismissing the Herald without another thought, without even bothering to mourn the passing of her short-time master, Ophelia immediately turned her attention over to all the warriors currently present, once more. As her head moved, the ground of the blank, inner world suddenly began to vibrate, to shake.

Or rather, it was the whole world itself that was shaking.

Cracks that led into outer space millions of lightyears away, cracks in the fabric of time and space itself were beginning to form all over the Inner Periphery. Everything, all of it, was building up to something. Something very, very fearsome, and while the Reyvateil herself remained steadfast, even she hadn’t expected this much power. Nevertheless, she remained normal.

“Tell me, why are each of you still here? Is it to save your homeworld? Is it for the prize that the Door offers? I suppose it is irrelevant, but I cannot help but ask. I will make this clear; I care not for your beliefs, your personal alignments, your genders, your sexual orientations, your choices and your desires.

In other words, I hold nothing against any of you.

I am only following orders. My final order.

You have thirty seconds. Run, or prepare for combat. Although, I imagine that what you’re about to face isn’t exactly something you can fight.”

Suddenly, towards everyone whom was currently inside the world, a sweeping flame touched their minds, bringing up to the surface the most precious memory that defined each of them most.

Even Ophelia herself felt it, and was remotely unsettled when reminded of the time her Master had rescued her from drowning all those years ago. That one time, that one act of mercy done on nothing more on a whim, which had prompted her to serve him as a loyal servant for the rest of eternity, even after all her emotions had been disposed of. It was a willing act whereupon she offered her services, lacking a purpose in life. In that regard, perhaps Isamy’s words were correct.

She glanced up at the source, which was from none other than the crimson blob itself.

While it was mostly invisible before, now it had begun to move, to take on a clearer, condensed shape, a definite colour. An ‘existence’. It had a very real presence, and was now emitting a terrifying, psychic aura of power that everyone could feel. Ultimate power. INSURMOUNTABLE POWER. And the WILL TO CONQUER. TO TRIUMPH. So powerful that the psychic layer of nonviolence shattered almost immediately.

What was it? That question could be asked so many times, not to mention what it was doing on the surface of the sun, but it was starting to be clear to her that this was not something natural. This was not just some random pocket of energy that the sun had generated. Where did it come from? Was it even worth awakening? Could she still use it as a weapon? With this unexpected force, enough to ruin even the Inner Periphery, there was no guarantee that it would obey her will. It may only turn out to hinder their goals…

No. There was no turning back.

She had to follow through with her final order. There was never any other option.

The chance of its existence in the first place was already close to impossible, that enough had been sufficiently established, yet there was another question that had to be asked – what was the chance of it being found resting upon the surface of the sun?

In such a case, could the term ‘probability’ be applied, when there was no such thing?

Did they even exist for a situation that was as contrived as it was improbable? Surely not.

And yet, having penetrated those two legendary, infinitesimally-present barriers – one spatiotemporal, one conceptual – known only as ‘the Big Bang’ and ‘Impossibility’ through nothing but sheer will,

わたしわ

Inner World of Butlerok

The Captain of the 13 court guard squads looked on as Butler held this small spark of a soul and wondered what happened to Kenpachi. In practical terms you could call this the raw data of Kenpachi. His height, weight, estimated power before he was consumed etc. 

The old man could only look on as Butler continued on. The mind and body were in such a fragile state that this seemed...merciful if anything. Thanks to the assimilation of you learned that there were fake bodies that you Soul Reapers could use so you could at least barry them or however that works for a bunch of dead beings.

Bulter and Genryuusai were about to continue on with some level of pleasant banter when the inner world was filled with scorching fire that signaled that something was finally happening in the outside world. Butler and Genryuusai looked out into the distance as it looked like things were about to get serious. 

InnerPeriphery 

Team Dorian looked on as the leader of the Divine made her grand appearance. The group just proceed to look at each other as Isamy started verbally berating Ophelia in the presence of the two other factions. Needless to say it just got weird from a social stand point. Dorian was trying hard not to chuckle at the copious amount of verbage that Isamy was throwing out. Dorian never figured their leader for a talker. In fact, he actually wondered if she was actually capable of getting angry. Clearly she was. 

Ragnarok was basically looking for an opening to do some flashy move that was sure to impress Sephiroth. Though all he did was point and laugh openly as Ophelia was called a prostitute. HAHAHA slut, skank, b**ch! He added on what was clearly not noticed by any of the others. Which was probably a good thing. It was then that he noticed the accidental calm demeanor of the opposing boss lady. In all of Ragnarok's battle experience this clearly couldn't have been a good thing. He slowly and silently switched to an on guard stance. 

Radamanthys was getting some amusement with the whole Isamy freaking out thing. It was odd to see someone who was so composed be so besides themselves just because of the mention of her father. A lot of terms were thrown around and he didn't really understand and he didn't care too. The show got more entertaining when Isamy decided to go on the offensive and summon some massive scythe. It was fun to actually watch her take something with a modicum of seriousness. Unfortunately it was then when the fearless leader turned to sand that Radamanthys' eyes shot open. 

Hades was pretty amused at how things were turning out. Isamy was soundly defeated and Hades couldn't help but chuckle internally. Granted all of this stuff about Maximus was pretty interesting, but that was besides the point. With Isamy gone the thought did cross his mind that he had no purpose here anymore. Hmmm I could simply call my surplice back from...wherever it is that she has it and take Dorian and Radamanthys back with me.  

"You have thirty seconds. Run, or prepare for combat. Although, I imagine that what you’re about to face isn’t exactly something you can fight.”

Or not. Hades did not like the thought of being told what to do and even moreso he's God he should be able to think this stick woman away. So we'll be killing her right? Yes! The rest of team Dorian said in unison. They all felt some variation of the same insult. Secondly there was something pseudo noble about avenging your fallen leader. Unfortunately the massive red blob like creature somehow exuded the aura of the conqueror. The group was surged with memories from a very personal event in there lives. Hades saw a vision of the three children that bound together and took him down. Radamanthys saw the both of the times the two gold saints had bested him. Ragnarok only saw darkness. The darkness that signified his manipulation at the hands of the book of Ebon. Dorian...Dorain just got a headache. He could make out vague recollection of images that involved a rollercoaster of some kind and the carts not having seatbelts.

Dorian gripped his head in pain and then he felt a hand on his shoulder. When he looked up he saw Butler back in charge of the main body and he realized all would be well. Butlerok looked on as this creature with an imposing aura. It was in the process of doing some kind of transformation and based on the vague yet accurate threat that came from Ophelia that they had 30 seconds before it was ready. Radamanthys' body started to glow an eerie purple, he then bore his fangs with rage as he was enraged with the thought that he was manipulated by a blob. 

I shall feast on the flesh of the woman! These insults were unforgivable! She dared to threaten and subsequently mentally attack the great lord himself. Her head must be put on a stick. Excellent, I shall attempt to engage the red mass before it finishes its preparations. The two stepped forth and then looked at there perspective targets. Butlerok stepped forth and his black suit came forth and turned pitch black. Then Ragnarok's mouth appeared and from it came a massive black claymore. Well that's creepy. Dorian said slightly in a very matter of factish manner. It gets better! Spoke the the massive mouth out the side of the blade. Reduce all of creation to ash! PPPPPIIIIIIYYYYYAAAAAAA!! The claymore literally exploded into a sea of flames and in its place was a thin black katana. Then Butlerok hunched over and Ragnarok arose in his dragon form. 

He took flight quickly and the rest of Team Dorian just looked on in awe. Jōkaku Enjō! Butlerok swung his katana and a massive wave of flames ensnared the transforming red blob. Radamanthys stepped forth and took a deep inhale. Greatest Caution! Radamanthys launches a massive purple wyvern energy beast that blast Ophelia. 

|_)The Evangelist Hapshiel(_|

Skipping merrily along, Hapshield bounded through the stone pillars as if they were nothing. Masonry hung on his body as he bent his back flat, with his posterior tight and sticking out and he looked around jovially. His pretty-boy eyes lit up as he locked eyes on Tenco; he licked his lips as he sauntered, hips swinging as he locked eyes with the stone statue. "My my, what a pretty little thing aren't you?" he remarked, a coy finger running right up the stone body and bopping it on the nose.

He gave a flirtious wink, and the flying heart caused cracks to appear along Tenco's left side. "Oh what a joyous day to see such a delicious little angel's delight. But what a hard and cold approach. But worry not by sweet little lady, I can wait, for however long you will tempt" he declared.

For a brief moment the frame point became much like french oil painting, with Hapshiel on one side with a boarder of purple roses with sharp black thorns; and the other with Stone!Tenco with a border of cherry blossoms.

----------------------------------------------------------------

|_)Red, the Arisen(_|

Red stared introspectively at the white void of the Iner Periphery. His heart had finally gone quiet as he felt fit to process once more. At last, he was at peace again. He inhaled deeply, and exhaled slowly as he made a careful drum along his staff. And then... it happened: The searing psychic vision burned through his mind, and all that arose was one memory.

----------------------------

A much younger Red was standing in a stone temple. He was staring in fury as he faced off with the Dragon Elders, also much younger, but still rather old looking. "You old fools! Can you not see how the Dark Gems can benefit us? Their energies are easily much greater than that of the Light Gems. If we can harness them; think of all the good we can do!" he cried with conviction.

The Elders shok their heads as the blue Elder, Tomas, stepped forth. "They are too dangerous Red. Their energies are clearly unstable, and their corruptive influence too great. We cannot willfully allow the use of crystals that sap the life right from the land" he replied.

Red stamped his gemless staff in fury. He pointed an accusatory finger at Tomas. "YOU are merely too afraid to tap into their power. Old senseless fools like yourself have no ideas what innovations we can explore now. Stop trying to cling to your old values and understand that our futures are endless! The Gems can be tamed, I know this, I have faith in this. Just allow me the chance!"

The teal Elder, Astor, stepped forth. His claws were held firmly on his hips as he gave Red the stinkeye. "Selfish brats like yourself should learn their place; and speak with greater respect when addressing their Elders. We Elders have all accessed the risks, and we know the Gems are too dangerous, even with your precious 'innovation'. Oh yes, we have all seen the toys you tinker with, very imaginative" he said with nothing but venom.

Red roared with fury as he used all parts of his will to hold him back. "FOOLS! THE LOT OF YOU! I WILL BE BACK, AND I WILL PROVE TO YOU WHAT THE GEMS CAN DO!" he roared and walkd away.

"Like the projects you've already begun that we told you specifically to not even begin?" the maroon Elder, Magnus, weighed in.

Red stopped in his place, his blood running cold with cruel realization. Astor looked triumphantly at the stunned Red, and Tomas was impassive as stone. Off to the side, the yellow Elder Titan, he just stared. Red slowly craned his neck around, giving a half view to the Elders. Astor looked smugly at him. "Yes, you thought you hid them well, didn't you? But sadly one of your secret assistants let slip what you were doing, and as you went on your secret little ventures we began our own investigation. We were horrified to find what you were doing, and as such, we as a whole can only find one course" Astor explained, taking two steps forward; "Red, we hereby strip you of your rights as a Dragon Elder... and banish you from our Order."

Red stared with horror and fury at Astor. After all this, after all he tried to do, just like that? "You speak as if you speak for all them. Do they not have the backbone to say otherwise?" Red demanded.

Astor raised an amused brow as he glanced at his fellow Elders. "Then, if there is any of us that feel otherwise here, then let them speak" Astor commanded.

Red looked hopefully to Tomas, who turned away to look at a very interesting rock by his foot. Likewise, Magnus looked very interested at something on the roof. Red looked pleadingly to Titan, who staring back with stony ferver. "Titan, please" Red begged.

Titan stared at both participants. "This is none of my concern" he whispered softly.

Red's eyes shrank with fury, his claw busting through the shaft of his staff. "FINE THEN! BE THAT WAY! USELESS WRETCHES LIKE YOURSELF HAVE NO CONCEPTS OF CREATION OR INNOVATION! SO GO! LIVE IN YOUR CAVES LIKE HERMITS! BUT KNOW THIS: I WILL BE BACK! AND YOU WILL ALL PAY FOR THIS! REMEMBER! I WILL BE BACK!" he roared and ran out of the tmeple.

Astor scoffed loudly. As if he would be back.

-------------------------------

Red stared down at the white expanse of the periphery. "And I was... in force no less. That was the one moment I let go of everything. Friends, and family. To think, had I not been so adamant, who knows the destiny I would have faced" he remarked as he lumbered forth, right towards Ophelia and whatever made him remember something he'd rather stay dead.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

|_)~Moe~ Scientist Fran, & Okama Queen Ivankov(_|

After much decision, Frankram had decided on a short white shirt and a very nice skirt that reached to her knees. Her hair had been done up in one very long ponytail. When she was satisfied, Tenshi finally made some form of input. "Well, it's quite simple really: We need to find Ophelia, and help our comrades defeat her. I do shudder to think the level of power of someone who dismantled and rebuilt this entire planetoid. But it is for our own survival that we do this. What do you think Ivankov?" she inquired.

Ivanko put a hand to her arrow chin as she thought this over. "vI agree with vou, Frankram-chan. This Ophelia girl needs to be stopped for our safety. But ve shouldn't throw away our lives willy-nilly. Nor the lives of Counter Corp or Divine. Ve should discuss tactics before ve make any attempts to fight" she deduced.

And then, it happened: Frankram was overwhelmed with the powerful memory of when she first found ~moe~. It was so long ago now, when walking through a street as a young lad, he saw the cutest girl ever. Her eyes hidden behind glasses as she stumbled around in such a clutzy fasion. It was so adorable.

Ivankov however, was filled with the everlasting dread as she remembered the one moment that turned her life towards being a part of the Revolutionary Army. And why the World Government needed to go down. She shuddered from the memory.

Chandra, Inner Periphery

After the argument that lead to the lady she presumed was Isamy vanishing, a burst of fire seemed to appear and reach over the whole of the world, bringing back memories of her contact with the Purifying Flame and it's aftermath, the events that caused the end of every regret she once carried. At the same time, the crimson blob that had been hanging above Ophelia's head seemed to pulse with a terrifyingly large amount of psychic power. Narrowing her eyes as she looked towards it, her gauntlet started to glow as she channeled her mana through it, before flames appeared in the hand that was now pointing at the blob, unleashing a quick burst of fire to test it's defenses even as one of the divine seemed to have the same idea.

-----

Ayame, Inner Periphery

With the sweeping flames going through the area, an image of both Ayame and Naomi together showed up in Ayame's mind. In the depths of the mind, the figure sealed inside a black block of shadows woke, and started to struggle against the constraints holding her. Annoyed at having to take action, yet knowing such action was necessary, some of the remnants had to be diverted from the main task of the boss battle that was about to start to ensure it's host mind stayed captive. Outside her mind, Ayame noticed a few others attacking both Ophelia and the crimson blob that was hanging up in the air, before forming a lightning orb in each hand that were then thrown at the blob.

-----

Darcy, Inner Periphery

As the flames passed through her mind, it brought back a memory from the past. Briefly flashing through her mind came the brief period of time when they'd stolen the dragon's flame and taken control of the school. Once the image faded away, she could detect the psychic energy as it quickly spiraled to terrifying heights, almost instinctively increasing the barriers on her mind from the previous boss battle, as she watched over the situation at hand.

Betwixt & Between:

Foster considered what the Cybertronian was telling him from outside of the cockpit while he and Bradbury ran through the pre-flight checks. "Hmm...if it weren't for the fact that one of our shield manifolds was busted, that might have worked, but I don't think it will anymore. Now, if you excuse us, big guy, we're about to take off." He punched the comms, which announced both inside and outside the ship. "This is your captain speaking. We'll be departing for the interior of the Sphere Periphery in just a minute. Please make sure your tray tables are up, and seats are locked in forward, upright position. Our in-flight movie will be 'The Core' starring Aaron Eckhart and Hillary Swank." The Inch of Will lifted a foot off of the ground, and started to glide towards the gaping hole Izumi had created.

Izumi looked to the pair of guardians, getting up with the help of the staff. "Please...I need this staff...just for a little while...I can't control myself without it...I'm too hot...I promise I will return it once I am done here." The Inch of Will moved nearby, Yuki extending her hand out the side, and Izumi grabbed it with her free hand to be pulled up into the cargo bay while the destroyer passed the two guardians by, the ship preparing to leave the pocket dimension.

Once back in the periphery, Foster engaged the internal gravity as the ship rotates to match the gravity of the core, while Izumi expertly used her divine powers to form a cone of heat around the ship to repel the smoke and more extreme heat, showing the guardians clear mastery of her abilities. Finally, they broke through and entered the Core so the ship and the passengers within could land and face Ophelia...just as Izumi and Yuki witnessed Isamy begin to vanish. "No..." Izumi gasped, rushing towards the body, or what was left of it, as Yuki slumped against the wall of the ship in despair, quivering and curling up. Izumi herself could only grab a few specks of dust before turning to her assailant, intense heat radiating off of her as anger and grief overcame her. It was then that the Counter Corps was faced with the proclamation from Ophelia, and Izumi shuddered, weeping a bit for the last remnant connecting her to Protheus, a woman she had longed to discuss and debate with over the purpose of this endeavor. When Itsu learned who was leading the Divine, she made it a goal to find Isamy and talk with her, hoping to reason with the Maximus, but other plans took priority over that pipe dream. Unfortunately, the two halves of Itsu would never be able to do that. Finally, as the countdown started to end, the fiery goddess rushed towards Ophelia, closing the gap with an explosive and gathering flames around her hand before swinging a white-hot fist of metal at whom she presumed to be Isamy's killer.

Ophelia, the Inner Periphery

Standing in the same manner and position as always, even as her former Master disappeared into dust as the resolution of a paradox, even as she saw out of the corner of her eye that the Inch of Will had entered the world, Ophelia remained as tranquil as ever.

Almost immediately afterwards, one part of what was once the sun goddess Itsu – whom surveillance had identified her name as Izumi – began charging at her with a blazing white fist in a fit of anger, her body radiating with intense heat. It was only a natural reaction, as after all, Itsu had a relation with the original Maximus and these feelings must’ve carried on even to her defused part. The Reyvateil, however, kept still, and watched as her sphere moved between them at lightning speed, absorbing the entirety of the damage before reflecting it back at her assailant in the form of a powerful laser.

“Twenty-five seconds.” She told the remnant of Itsu as the latter was thrown back.

Izumi wasn’t the only one who wanted to engage in combat, it seemed, as a member of the Divine recognized as Radamanyths unleashed a wave of purple energy towards her, not motivated by revenge but rather by killing intent. Rolling her eyes, Ophelia didn’t even bother to use her sphere, instead choosing to flick back the laser using one of her vibranium arms, and though her body recoiled a little at the power, it was reflected upwards toward the condensing crimson mass above them, only for it to be absorbed harmlessly.

“Twenty seconds.”

Speaking of which, now that the coating had shattered, various Divines had taken to assaulting it. The Divine’s Butler-Ragnarok fusion had taken a dragonic form and was using a katana to shower the mass with torrents of fire, his fire joined by the Counter Corps Chandra’s own, followed up by lightning orbs from the Divine figure called ‘Ayame’ she still hadn’t quite been able to figure out. However, all of these had absolutely no effect, and were absorbed into it.

“Ten seconds.” Ophelia voiced out without pausing, staring unblinkingly as more and more warriors were joining in, attempting to take down either her or what was above to no avail, her sphere moving at lightning speed to protect her and not a single attack successfully penetrating into the blob, as it grew smaller and smaller, taking the form of a spike. “Nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two,” continuing to count down, everything and everyone moving faster with their attacks and their efforts to avoid their own assured fates, until when the word "one" came out of her mouth, the spike erupted and an unbelievably powerful shockwave came from the skies and brought all but the most powerful of all down to their knees.

Then, a crack formed.

Not a simple crack as one would understand it, but a crack of the most horrifying quality. A crack, in the fabric of reality, of time and space. A physical distortion, one that must be avoided at all costs, and these ones were growing at a tremendous rate. High in the skies, below on the ground, it made no difference as the Inner Periphery was a blank world. Cracks were forming, growing everywhere, and they couldn’t be stopped as they spread further and further, widening into ‘nothingness’, threatening to consume anything and everything in their path. Gravity was fading away, and the very laws of physics were failing. There was nowhere to run, no exit to retreat into, and no way to resist. For all their power, surviving something like this would be utterly impossible.

The Divine and Counter Corps had made one mistake in entering this plane, just one. One incorrect assumption.

Why would she risk her chances on some sort of creature that may or may not obey her? It was a ridiculous notion, was it not?

They assumed that they would be fighting a ‘something’, perhaps some kind of boss like one would encounter in a role-playing game, or any kind of being or monster. However, from the very beginning Ophelia had retrieved the blob for the sole purpose of taking advantage of its energy storage

and use it as a bomb that would destroy the whole Inner Periphery, taking everything with it.

The truth was that she hadn’t been standing idly – instead, she’d been focusing incredibly low and high frequencies of sound as energy into the crimson mass, slowly but surely overloading it so that its existence would unravel. And with that, due to its nature, it would take a chunk of space and time with it, along with anyone and anything that happened to be caught in this unraveling.

There was only one type of thing throughout the whole multiverse capable of surviving the collapse of a reality; and that was an existence that couldn’t be erased. One example would be the Key of Origin, which would be the sole object left intact after the entirety of the Sphere Forest is consumed by the shattering of this spatiotemporal realm, and another would be an Omni – with Isamy’s life negated, she would no longer pose to be a problem, while Protheus would simply regenerate with a new body and have no resistance in his way to obtain the Key.

Of course, if one were to pay attention, there was one flaw to this. It was that this plan required Ophelia to stay, in order to act as a distraction so that all potential enemies remained in their current position and didn’t try to escape.

In other words, she was sacrificing herself for her Master. For her real Master. He’d never explicitly told her to become a sacrifice, nor did he ever tell her that his order was his ‘final order’, but to her, this was what it had always been. Once he obtained access to the Door of Origin, there would no longer be any need for another order. That much was obvious. Yet even so, she didn’t waver. She didn’t hesitate. There was no reason for her to, since from the very beginning, this was the ultimate expected resulted.

Her whole existence may have been pointless, but if she could tribute it for the happiness of the one man who had ever made her feel like she wasn’t so worthless, the one man who had shown her colour in an otherwise-colourless reality, then she would gladly do so.

As the many sections of white broke off into darkness, into panels of different sizes, with everyone separated from each other and no solution at all whatsoever to this destruction, she felt the need to say something. Some last words, as trivial as they were.

Opening her lips, she found herself smile as they formed the words, “Be free, my Protheus.”

And so she closed her eyes in satisfaction, to welcome the end.

Just as what was left of the whiteness dissolved, space itself ceasing to exist with the nothingness consuming everyone.

A single phrase echoed throughout the minds of those whom were still conscious. In Japanese, no less.

"

This is a tale. A tale of a man with a dream.

It must be known that this is a very, very long tale, spanning generations upon generations, and cannot quite be explained in ways that a normal human being can comprehend. There are many ways, many places in which the beginning of this matter could occur. For instance, perhaps it could start at the very beginning—wherein an old, demonic Sage had two children, one the older, another the younger, each with differing ideals. Or perhaps it could start at the very end—wherein this dream, though impossible, was meant to be realized, only for it to be swatted away by a far superior being.

Or for a change, perhaps it could start somewhere near the middle and move steadily throughout the most important, most defining moments of this man with a dream.

In the broad daylight of a silent forest, a pebble swiftly skipped past water, stopping only less than a meter short from the shore on the other side. A young boy with dark spiky hair, wearing a yukata, was standing on the riverbank, and an expression of dissatisfaction crossed his face as he watched it sink down until it hit the bottom. He was visibly exhausted, as he’d been standing in the same place for over an hour doing nothing but throwing stones.

Letting out a deep breath, he knelt down to pick up another one. He was considered a genius by his family, but for some reason, he found himself unable to conquer something as simple as this. He needed more power. This time, I’ll definitely reach the other side! With that thought in mind, his hand started again, motioning to fling it forth—only for a second pebble to rush past him, hitting the water and bouncing on its surface, again and again until it hit the shore on the other side with a dull thud.

Now annoyed, he turned around to see the culprit; an unfamiliar kid who happened to be the same age as him. The boy wore shabby clothes and had an odd, straight haircut, along with a smug smile on his face.

“You should aim a little higher when you throw, you know. That’s how you get the knack of it.” The stranger recommended.

Narrowing his eyes, he looked back down at the pebble still in his hand and said, “I know that. If I really want it, I’m sure it’ll get to the other side!”

A month had passed when he encountered the stranger again, just staring out at the river.

It didn’t really need to be said, as the both of them came here for the same reason – it was the view of the river that allowed them to wash away their pain and suffering, as if being carried away by the currents. Today, the sun was setting, painting the sky orange while letting the river reflect off it in such a way that it almost appeared to be on fire.

It had to be said that both boys came from a different clan, and thus despite their age, had each experienced the turmoil and loss that came with a warring nation. Most of their siblings had been killed in combat, even those as young as seven years old, and though they considered each other to be friends, they couldn’t risk revealing their surnames to each to other just in case they turned out to be enemies. It was only like this, with secrets that had to be kept and questions that had to be withheld, that they could maintain this bond known as a ‘friendship’.

“It can’t be helped. We’re warriors. We might die at any time.” He remarked, walking past the sulking boy. “The only way not to die is to show what you really think to your enemy, without hiding anything, and become allies with them.”

By the riverbank, he withdrew his arm out high with a firm grip on the pebble in his hand, in tune with his thoughts.

“But that’s impossible, since none of us can see what a person really thinks and feels deep inside.”

His hand moved, flinging it forth.

“You don’t even know if they see each other at all.”

The pebble skipped several times over the surface of water, against the currents, refusing to fall. It was as if the boy’s very will had been embedded into it, embodying it with his dream.

“Is it really…that impossible to show each other our real thoughts?” The stranger asked in a solemn manner.

“I don’t know.” He answered honestly. “But that’s why I always come to this place. In hope that a way exists.”

However, just as it was about to reach the shore, it stopped just a little short. And the pebble sunk into the water below.

"But... I'm just worried. Is there really a way?"

This time, thirty years had passed.

Over the course of his personal life, everything that defined the world as he understood it had changed, yet the core concepts that defined him, everything he believed in and everything he strived to achieve remained like steel. They were impenetrable, no matter what happened and no matter how much time passed, and drove him to survive.

His body lay powerless at the bottom of a vast valley, carved as the result of destruction caused by an epic, legendary battle that had transpired for days without end, the loser of which happened to be him. His long hair had become but a burden, and his armour was tattered. On his chest was a gaping, fatal wound covered in blood that was slowly but surely draining his life force away, and in the midst of this heavy rain that was pouring and beginning to flood this artificial valley, there was no way that he’d be able to climb out of it in his condition. With tired eyes he stared up at the sky, clouded though it may be, and allowed himself to reflect over everything that had transpired ever since that defining moment at the riverbank. Not that it mattered, as in the next few moments, he would be dead. It would all be over.

Once upon a time, he had thought there was a way, after encountered someone that made him feel as much. However, as it would later turn out, their dreams were not the same. Their beliefs did not align, as much as he wanted them to.

The truth is that in this reality, nobody can ever really understand each other.

Many people have their own expectations and their own images of others so that they can comprehend what they do and say, though their image will always have flaws inherent to it, as they are subject to what they feel and experience, and thus are vulnerable to prejudice and stereotypism. Idealism and cynicism can easily warp the perception of a person, while everyone can only see things from their own point of view, and occasionally, someone will do things that seem ridiculous or out of character – proof that their image of this someone is not as they believe it to be.

Even if a friend were to seem accepting, perhaps they are actually rejecting deep inside. One cannot tell what the other is thinking no matter how much they claim to know them.

The love and trust for any particular human being can easily be turned into hatred and disgust with a single wrong action. To protect something they find precious, they must defeat something that threatens it, even though this would only breed hatred from the other side, continuing a never-ending cycle of hatred. Thinking of peace whilst shedding blood was something only people were capable of. Love and hatred were but two sides of the same coin.  

These are the flaws of humanity, and how can anyone ever expect to understand each other if this is the case?

That boy he met long ago at the riverbank grew up to be his friend, then his comrade-in-arms, and finally his bitter enemy and murderer.

They shared similar dreams in that they both desired to achieve ‘peace’, yet the difference was something that would grow to become obvious over time, as one wanted ‘peace in the form of trust via understanding’ while the other wanted ‘peace in the form of truth via power’. Both were idealistic, but one more so than the other.

One was willing to settle for relative peace despite the potential for darkness to fester and even greater wars, while the other would not stop until true peace could be achieved through the manner of something greater than just vague trust, one in which everyone could understand each other and achieve their own dreams. Of the two, whom was the more idealistic? And which goal was the more noble?

No matter which one of them would have truly brightened the future, it was the ‘peace in the form of trust via understanding’ that ended up prevailing.

“Who am I?”

He found himself asking that question, lying on cold stone, dying at the bottom of a valley all alone with not a single person to provide assistance. Even though he was the one who strived for everyone’s happiness, ironically, it was he that everyone rejected in favor of the other. Their childhood, everything they’d talked and dreamed about together seemed like a distant memory at this point.

His eyes began to close, his consciousness drifting away in surrender…

…However.

Stand up!

He had a dream.

Have you forgotten?!

It was a dream in which everyone could accept each other for who they were, in which true peace could exist amongst all. Not the false peace achieved by constant talks and negotiations, dealings and meetings, but real peace accomplished by a certain power.  If he were to succeed, then everything would be rendered obsolete. All rejection would vanish, all hatred would disappear.

STAND UP!

Yes, for that was the dream world that he wished for.

JUST STAND UP!!!

Feeling a sudden surge of energy, he was able to pick himself up from the ground, forcing his body to rise. No. He wouldn’t perish here. There was no way that he would let himself perish without accomplishing his goal.

Don’t stop!

No matter who stood in his way,

because their deaths will not be in vain!

no matter what hardships awaited him in the future,

because it will all be worth it!

this was something that he would never let go of.

Why?

Because if there is anyone who rejects the world for what it is,

If there is anyone who strives for a dream superior to the hell called ‘reality’,

No matter who he is, or what is left of him,

His name shall be—

MA

DA

RA

Ophelia

After the Inner Periphery had finally shattered and consumed everything, a second passed, and immediately she realized that something was very, very wrong. Something that should not have occurred. Something that was a basic contradiction of her expectations, a basic contradiction of logic and, hell, even existence itself!

She was not meant to still exist, for she had planned herself to perish in a noble sacrifice. Perhaps this was a joke, and she would cease to exist in the next instant, but it did not occur. She could even feel wind, faint though it was. Why was there wind? Why was there anything?

No, no, no, no, no, no, but if she still existed, then wouldn’t that mean that her entire plan had collapsed in on itself?!

When her eyes opened again, she found herself in a new realm. One that should not exist. One that was not meant to exist. And around her, scattered over long distances, were the various Counter Corps and Divine, possibly disorientated from the transition. The very fact that this realm existed to welcome them meant that the Key of Origin had entered it as well, and with such a drastic change of location, there was no way to know where it was.

This wasn’t meant to happen. It was impossible.

The odds for such an occurrence did not exist. It was, plain as can be, IMPOSSIBLE.

But there were none that could deny the massive ‘entity’ standing at the very center of it all, and as she looked at it, it looked back into her very soul with a blank look, and for the very first time…

"What... What is this? How can this anomaly even be remotely connected to Madara?"

…Ophelia was terrified. Utterly, utterly terrified of what was to come.

The Rejected World

Just when it seems like you’re about to perish, a force suddenly grabs hold of you and pulls you into a new realm, one where physics and gravity exists. The experience is extremely uncomfortable, but once you have pulled through, you find yourself in what appears to be a wide, ragged wasteland, lit by a greyish-crimson starry sky, and surrounded by a wall of stormclouds.

It is at first quiet, as though this was originally a rejected world, left to abandon until you entered it.

The ground beneath you is stable, but there are various craters around you, each of which lead into oblivion, so it can be assumed that it is thin, and any damage done to it would only serve to create more openings into the fabric of space. Those with a trained eye would also be able to notice that the sky displayed is fake, actually a tremendous dome composed out of dark matter.

Above, scattered about the air were lonesome dark clouds, randomly letting out bolts of lightning onto anything directly beneath them.

And at the very center, not too far away from your position, stands a terrifying, but currently passive figure that appears to be a mass of rippling, crimson energy without any real features. However, if you have the courage to observe it closely, you may be able to make out details and realize that it has the lower body of a horse, and the upper body of a human, like a kind of centaur. It is also extraordinarily massive, about three times as large as a modern cruise liner.

Its intentions are unknown. Everything about it – its past, its nature, its powers – is unknown. You cannot even be sure if it is a threat.

Until, looking closely enough, you may see an object floating inside its ‘chest’. Something small and round, hard to make out and easy to miss, but with a certain aura about it that makes it apparent that this is the Key of Origin.

But to obtain it, you will first need to fight the creature.

You have a strange, unexplainable feeling telling you that you must not die in this realm, at all costs.

So do not die, but achieve victory.

Because you are facing the Madara.

BOSS BATTLE

fwlqvr.jpg

There were many that had been drawn into this rejected world, but the first being to look at the Madara caught its attention, and immediately it returned that glance. Its current subject, Ophelia, appeared to be a Reyvateil Origin and was the one whom had allowed it a chance at existence, in what may be more ways than one. Perhaps this was the only meaningful thing she had ever accomplished in her entire life, without her yet fully understanding what had just transpired. But despite this achievement, it knew that she was displeased with it. Or, to put it another way, she was horrified at what she’d brought forth.

She should not be, for even though it could not yet express any intensity of emotion, it understood that her actions were beneficial. They contributed to order, to peace, and now it was time for the messiah to lead.

However, she was so unresponsive afterwards that the Madara lost interest. It chose instead to turn towards the next most intriguing subject – Butler, whose attack had made it aware of his existence. He had qualities very similar to Ophelia in that they were both servants, having lived their whole lives as servants, but the primary difference between them was that Butler was capable of a life outside of his master, while Ophelia was not, and that his master was not his sole interest. It chose to trot over towards him, slowly, preferring not to bother acknowledging the Ragnarok entity he was attached to for now.

Then, once it was close enough, it addresed solely Butler in a deep, yet somewhat scrambled voice,

"WATASHI WA MADARA DA. NAMAE O UKAGATTEMO YOROSHI KA?"

The Inner Periphery

Butler and Ragnarok were surprised by the lack of effectiveness in there attacks. Though it would be more than fair to say that Genryuusai was the most shocked. To think that a creature would be able to assimilate his flames. They could only look on as Ophelia continued with her rather awkward countdown. The Team could not have known that the purpose of the red blob was to be some kind of major bomb, which was ironic because the group was more prepared for that than what ended up happening. When the massive crack in Space/Time appeared Hades was the most perplexed. A lot of power had to go into something like that so he immediately prepared himself to transport the group to Underworld as he knew it. Unfortunately something worse would happen. 

The Rejected World

Team Dorian could only suffer in silence as they would have to look around at this massive open landscape. What was interesting wasn't that they were transported to some other land, it was that they bore witness to a massive centaur made of what looked to be some kind of red energy. This must have been the purpose of the red blob. It's true and final form. Dorian wanted to be afraid but there was no time for that. He was busy of thinking of what to do next. If Radamanthys wasn't strong enough to do anything then what chance did he have. Though after further thought he noticed something odd. He turned around to looked at Hades-sama and the dark lord of the Underworld noticed the same thing. Ophelia seemed shocked. They both noticed that this creature's arrival was not what Ophelia had intended meaning she didn't have control. That just compounded the their suspicions.

It was then the massive centaur had decided to make his way around their group. Butlerok gripped his blade and was quickly hardening his Mad Blood inside his body to make sure he could take...something...whatever this creature may dish out. As the centaur got closer the size of the beast became more visible. This was going to be interesting. As it was getting closer Dorian tilted his head to the side, Radamanthys' eyes widened, and Butlerok squinted at the centaur. Hades could tell he was out of the loop on this subject but the team looked as if they had seen a ghost. 

Anyone care to elaborate on what is going on here? Hades questioned.

That segment of energy that looks like hair, that other portion...they look like shoulder guards, Lord Hades...I believe we may know this creature. Hades could only raise an eyebrow to this revelation. The massive centaur stood before them and though it was almost impossible to look directly into its face the group could tell it was talking to Butlerok.

"WATASHI WA MADARA DA. NAMAE O UKAGATTEMO YOROSHI KA?"

At the mention of the word Madara Team Dorian's chest sank. This was impossible. Then again it was interesting to think how could this have happened. Butler looked around for a second and he decided to take flight so he could look at this creature face to... eyeball maybe. As he was making his ascent he wondered how incidently special he became. This would be the second "boss" as it were that he got to have a one on one conversation with. Maybe this meant he had some kind of potential that he wasn't fully aware of. But now was not the time to dwell on such things. He had to take action. If this was truly Madara then this situation had to be dealt with immediately.  Once Butlerok made it to a decent elevation he looked at the Madara that stood before him. 

I am known as Butler and I know very well who you are. It seems you do not remember me though. We have met briefly before. 

In the back of his mind Genryuusai, Butler, and Ragnarok were conferencing about how to exactly deal with this Madara. 

Well this sucks balls. We can't defeat that thing. We're doomed! 

Quit thinking so selfishly child. Genryuusai quickly retorted. Yes the answer is not with us, but there are a myriad of fighters who have different abilities. Similar to the LERNA instance where you attempted to do everything and in the end it was a female who eventually won the entire battle for you because her power was a perfect match. This appears to be a similar scenario. 

I have to agree with Genryuusai. It seems like our group shall be have to provide time for the others to come up with an effective plan. Meaning we are only left with one option. 

Correct. God I hate people sometimes, but correct.

Meanwhile back down on the ground level of the final battle Radamanthys and Dorian had filled in Hades on their affiliation with Madara. Hades could only laugh as this Isamy character's decisions seemed to have snowballed in to this fuster cluck of a mess. Hades could only stroke his chin as he wondered what to do in this situation. Right now acts of aggression could escalate things and before all of these other combatants were ready. And based on the story that Dorian and Radamanthys told them this Madara character was already a powerful contender. The real problem here was that the creature was too massive. None of the conditions were good for Hades to use his power to kill this creature and be sure of its death. Radamanthys was not even truly aware of how much power Hades had been keeping from him. 

The team was deep in thought until they saw they were being overcast by a massive shadow. They looked up and they saw what appeared to be a torrent of black water about to flood them. The team instinctively jumped back to try to dodge the waves, but simply being near brought about several second lasting hallucinations that almost consumed the team. Dorian looked at the waves of blackness coming that were filing up his view and he could only mutter two words. Mad Blood. His eyes widened as he could believe what Butlerok was attempting to do. Soon the Mad Blood was became a twister and there was enough of it to fully engulf the Madara as it were. The team just looked on as the Madara became a massive "the Madara black ball." This creature was now imprisoned in Mad Blood. 

What sorcery is this? Radamanthys exclaimed. 

This is Butlerok's Mad Blood, simply being near it is enough to drive a weaker person insane. However it looks like he is using the defeated version.

The what? 

It's weird, if anyone ever managed to heavily damage Butler to the point of defeat they would be immediately assimilated by the Mad Blood. Sort of like a last resort. This is milder and safer for everyone to be around compared to Butler's madness based attacks. We may experience discomfort by being near it, you go insane if you touch it , and if you manage to actually pierce it you too shall become a massive black ball. Well a ball proportional to your size anyway. Wonder why he is using it now though?

First, how do you know any of this? Radamanthys asked as he looked at Dorian with an undercurrent of suspicion. 

I don't know, that psychic mind blast from before did a number on my head. Maybe it knocked a memory loose. 

That is plausible. That was not a pleasurable experience at all. That monster servant of yours is imprisoning Madara so everyone else here can have time to prepare some level of strategy. For those who need time to charge moves or achieve certain conditions for their abilities. It's a rather selfless act. 

This must be a maneuver he picked up from a previous battle. I must say I am impressed. Hades interjected. Both of you. Use what little time you have to focus your Cosmos. 

Both Dorian and Radamanthys began to glow and then they said in unison. YEESSSS HADES-SAMA!

[???] - Megiddo

The fal'Cie watched the three monitors intently, each one taking on an orange tint, displaying traits of the people they followed. The knight leading what he now understood to be known as the Counter Corps hailed for a deviation of the Nasu Supercluster, and was known as Arthuria. With the knight as the leader of the Counter Corps, Megiddo decided that he was one of the more important figures to follow. However, the monitor displayed disturbing fluctuations in the knight's essence, though the data was a scrambled mess of overlapping fractures of symbols and text that scattered across the screen, and Megiddo could not make sense of it.

Next, there was Ratchet. While the Lombax's essence was not very different from what Megiddo was familiar with, when the monitor Whereas Eria possessed the essence of another being, Ratchet possessed the essence of not one, not two, but countless versions of himself. It was not just Ratchet, though. Clank and Alister similarly had duplicates of themselves recorded in the analysis. Somehow, this seemed exclusive to them. Megiddo decided that it was because they all hailed from the same universe.

Finally, there was Eria. He was aware of her counterpart, the one that Solasiro had mentioned. Usually, the girl would not be particular special, at least not to the extent that Arthuria was, but that conclusion would be drawn from a limited point of view. What made Eria special, from a more knowledgeable interpretation, was how she compared to other versions of her. Not once, in any reality, had he found an Eria like her. The power of Slifer the Sky Dragon rested within in. As Solasiro said, Megiddo saw value in her, especially since she held the other two Egyptian God cards, though the power that was held within the Winged Dragon of Ra's card seemed to be misplaced. Megiddo divided the monitor in two, keeping one of them on Eria as she spoke with her lover, who Megiddo decided to investigate later, while the screen that split off followed a trail, seeking out the lost power of Ra. Eventually, it focused on the Keyblade master, Sora.

[iI-B2 - The Inch of Will] - Sora, Kairi, Roxas, Xion

Sora was leading Kairi, Roxas, Xion, and Ed around the Inch of Will. "Sora," Roxas said. "How exactly do we free Nero from Ivero?"

"It'd different from how Kairi saved us, wouldn't it?" Xion nodded back at Kairi. "That was still cool what you did, by the way."

"Thanks," Kairi smiled.

"Ven shouldn't have died, though," Roxas muttered.

"He sacrificed himself to protect is," Sora answered.

"But why?" Roxas demanded. "Why do people have to give up their life so people can protect theirs?"

"Roxas, you can't-" Xion attempted to say.

"Maybe we should use the Door!" Roxas declared. "I know the Door of Origin isn't something people should use whenever they want, but if the Divine win? If the Divine get what they want? Who knows what they'll do? We can bring back everyone who died for all of this, we can bring back-"

"Naminé." Roxas looked at Kairi, who was staring at him dead in the face. "You want to bring back Naminé, don't you?" Roxas turned away, unable to answer. "Roxas, I get it. When I found out what happened Sora, I didn't know what to do. I don't know what I could do without him."

"Then how can you ask me to not want Naminé back?"

"It's what using the Door means that matters, Roxas," Xion answered. "I know you want Ven and Naminé back, but who else would you bring back? Would you let people like Zero stay dead?"

"That has to be why the Counter Corps exists to stop the Divine," Sora said. "So no one has to ask themselves who should live, and who should die."

Roxas took a deep breath. "I know that no one should have the Door for themselves. We're all from the same universe, and if I ask you guys to help, then we're just hoarding it. But I don't like the idea that our friends should just stay dead just because we can't save them."

"We have a job to do," Sora said. "Even if we don't like it, we have to do it."

Roxas said nothing, instead moving on past the group. Sora, Xion, and Kairi stood behind, looking at each other before silently agreeing to follow after Roxas from a distance.

[iI-B2 - The Inch of Will] - Arthur & Eria

Arthur and Eria's embrace was interrupted by the arrival of a dog, its master approaching the two of them. "I wanted to take with Arthur alone," Eria said to Kratos.

"There's nothing to be ashamed about," Arthur said to Kratos. "Sometimes people just need a little privacy when they talk." Eria blushed at Arthur's mention of the word "privacy", but Arthur didn't notice. "I'm Arthur."

"Eria," the Water Charmer introduced herself. She knelt down to pet Chernobyl, but the hellhound made its way past her and Arthur as Sora and Kairi arrived after one of their friends, one of the two people that appeared after Xansvita was destroyed, with the second person with them, as well as Ed.

The boy they were following didn't really look up or acknowledge Chernobyl, something that Arthur and Eria noticed. Eria stood up, while Xion tried to pick up Chernobyl, but her hands went through the hellhound pup, much to her disappointed.

"Are you guys okay?" Arthur asked, though he wasn't expecting to say that they were.

"It's about Xansvita," Sora answered. "He was made from my soul, as well as their souls. This is Xion, and that's Roxas." Xion waved happily, while Roxas weakly nodded.

"Kairi told me about Xansvita," Eria said. "The one in charge was Vanitas, right?"

"Yes," Roxas confirmed with a hint of anger. "Ven sacrificed himself to destroy him so we could be free."

"I'm sorry," Eria said.

"I am too," Roxas sighed.

"Are you going to be okay? We're going to be fighting Ophelia."

"Will anyone else have to die?" Roxas asked.

No one answered. No one wanted to say anything. However, Eria felt prompted to take out the card of the Winged Dragon of Ra. She stared at it, and the card was glowing faintly. When she looked up, she saw that the world had turned completely back and white, save for Sora, Roxas, and Xion.

"The three of you have received My power," Ra's voice echoed in their minds. "When you were freed from Xansvita's hold, I used all the power I could muster to salvage your souls. The bodies you hold were forged by My hand. That, coupled with the divine energy you inherited from Xansvita, has made you all stronger than you were before."

"But you couldn't save Ven," Roxas remarked.

"He chose to stay behind to ensure Vanitas' demise, so that Xansvita would fall. Perhaps I could have expended power to create him a new body, but there would be no soul to inhabit it."

"Do you still have the power to help us against Ophelia?" Sora asked.

"Alas, I have doubts," Ra answered. "I was weakened by Xansvita and Sliske's attempts to enslave Me - an attempt that, in the end, succeeded, if only temporarily. The power to give you all physical bodies took too much that all I can muster at the moment is communing with you all."

Roxas stepped forward. "Then take the power you used from me back!"

"…I am sorry?"

"You gave me your power, didn't you? Then you can have it back!"

"Did I not give it to you so you could live? Did Ventus not give his life for the same purpose?"

"Listen to me. These people are my friends, but I want to use the Door of Origin. Doesn't that I mean I'll betray you?"

"No."

"No?"

"It means that you have not yet come to terms with the past. Those who want to use the Door of Origin are those who do not seek to improve themselves, or improve their world."

"Then what am I supposed to do?"

"Fight. Learn. Do not give up, and do not aim for an easy way out. Do not make your friend's sacrifice worthless."

Roxas's hands tightened, his head shaking. "But what's there left for me if I can't save Naminé?"

"A chance to live."

Ra's voice faded away, and the world returned to normal. Roxas stood completely still, but Xion grabbed his hand, and Sora rested his hand on Roxas' shoulder.

"She'll be rooting for you," Sora assured him. "Make her proud."

Roxas inhaled and held his breath for a few seconds, before finally exhaling. "Alright. Let's go."

[iI-B2] - MachGaogamon & Gagagigo / Kree'arra & Zilyana

MachGaogamon directed Gagagigo to wait while he took care of something. The smoke had been dispersed earlier, but MachGaogamon had something important to deal with. Jecht was still paralyzed, thanks to Arthuria, and MachGaogamon could only shake his head in disappointment as he looked down at the warrior. "Jecht, I would not sleep well knowing that I would leave you here to die." MachGaogamon coughed, but he swayed his hands to keep it away. His eyes watered a little bit, but he could still faintly see Jecht. "But I wanted to believe that you would leave the Divine, just as Arthur and I did. I'm sorry, but if this is what you wish to do, then I'm afraid I must leave you here."

Leaving Jecht to his fate, MachGaogamon returned to the Inch of Will as Foster began to announce to the Counter Corps that they would be leaving soon. "We'll dive in after them," he told Gagagigo, who nodded in agreement.

"What reason do we have to trust you?" Zilyana hissed at Izumi.

"Calm down, Zilyana."

"I will not calm down! Our gods sent us here to retrieve that staff. Lord Saradomin was even generous enough to promise Armadyl that it would be returned to him! Between the two of us, you should be the one more concerned to take that from her so we can leave this blasted place!"

"Think of it this way. If we help her with whatever these people need done, then we may just help them succeed, and when that happens, we will have the staff."

Zilyana huffed. "Fine."

The two generals followed after Izumi as she boarded the Inch of Will, but the ship took off before they could enter, driving past them and into a whole that lead deeper underground. Zilyana was on the verge of screaming, but Kree'arra led her towards two others who were about to take off after it.

"Wait, MachGaogamon," Gagagigo said. He faced Kree'arra and Zilyana, welcoming them to approach. "Are you on our side."

"We have business with one of your comrades," Zilyana corrected.

"However," Kree'arra said. "We will work alongside you, and when the matter that has brought us here is done, we will have to leave. We shall be your allies."

"Then follow us," MachGaogamon said. "I am MachGaogamon."

"Gagagigo."

"Kree'arra."

"Commander Zilyana."

"Your leader is staying behind?" Kree'arra asked.

"He is fighting the one who is responsible for all of us. We have to take care of what is going on at the core."

"The core?!" Zilyana exclaimed. "What could possibly be there?"

The smoke began to close in on all of them, but MachGaogamon used a Gaoga Tornado to dispel it. "I'm sorry, but we can't talk here. We have to go, now."

MachGaogamon launched his thrusters, while the Gagagigo, Zilyana, and Kree'arra spread their wings, and took flight. They dove down into the tunnel, following the Inch of Will, staying behind the ship as the heat shield formed around it.

"Seriously?!" MachGaogamon wondered aloud.

"If this is supposed to help us," Gagagigo said, "They're doing a lousy job of it."

Zilyana rolled her eyes. "Well isn't this just fantastic?"

Before they knew it, the Inch of Will, and the force of gravity, brought them all within a portal. The world around them vanished, as they all entered the Inner Periphery.

[The Inner Periphery] - Arthur, Eria, Sora, Kairi, Roxas, & Xion

Everyone scrambled to find seats on the Inch of Will as the ship began its descent. The seats were all aligned in four rows, with the two middle rows back to back and facing the outer rows. Eria and Arthur sat next to each other in one of the middle rows, while Sora sat next to the other side of Arthur, and Kairi next to Sora, then Xion next to Kairi. Roxas sat on the same row as them, but there was an empty seat between him and Xion.

"You think Gagagigo and MachGaogamon will make it?" Eria asked.

"Knowing them, they're probably following us right now."

"What about those other two people who followed after Xansvita? They wanted that staff he took."

"Izumi has it now, doesn't she?"

"Let's hope she doesn't start a fight with them."

It didn't take very long, but the Inch of Will finally landed. Arthur, Eria, Kairi, and Xion all rushed out of their seats and out of the hall, but once nearly everyone had left, Sora stayed and waited for the only other person in the room, Roxas. "You haven't brought up Naminé until now. It isn't easy to ask this, but why now?"

"I don't know," Roxas said. "I guess… just having my own body again. Thinking about what that means. Realizing that I could be my own person again. Not just sleeping however as a part of you. I remembered that Naminé wasn't back. That she wasn't as lucky as me to have a way back."

"We all miss her, Roxas. She's practically a sister to Kairi, after all. Just like you're a brother to me."

Roxas managed a smile. "Thanks. That helps a lot." Roxas rose from his seat, and walked behind Sora.

[The Inner Periphery] - MachGaogamon, Gagagigo, Kree'arra, & Zilyana

The heat shield around the Inch of Will subsided, and everyone stood up, feeling gravity return to normal. Everyone flexed the arms, and made their way around the Inch of Will, just as people from the Counter Corps exited the ship.

And what a perfect time it was to arrive at.

Some people would not recognize it, but to those who served in the Divine, such as Arthur, MachGaogamon, and even the three people that were once a part of the Xansvita, it was clear what they were seeing. The high-and-mighty mistress of the Divine, Isamy Maximus, was crumbling to dust.

"That couldn't have been her," Gagagigo said.

"No, it was definitely Isamy," MachGaogamon replied as he looked at the woman standing before where Isamy once was. "But who is that?"

"That's got to be Ophelia," Arthur answered, joining up with MachGaogamon and the others. "But I'm more worried about that." He pointed to the glowing red mass that kept on shifting.

One by one, the minds of the people in the Inner Periphery flashed as they remembered parts of their past.

For Kairi, she thought of the night that Destiny Island was destroyed. How the darkness flowed from the Keyhole, but her heart took refuge in Sora's. What Sora remembered, though, was when he freed Kairi's heart, sending himself into the darkness. Sora and Kairi reached out for each other, holding their hands as they tried to force the memories back.

For Xion, the worst thing she could remember came back to her. The day that she had to face her own nonexistence, and how she became the victim of Organization XIII's plans. It was a happy death, she thought, but it hurt Roxas. It made him lose one of the first people who could understand as a friend.

But it was not just Xion's death that Roxas remembered. He remembered fighting side by side alongside Naminé, how he promised that he would be with her forever, but he knew that it wouldn't be forever. Long after that came the battle with the man named Zero. Naminé had sacrificed her life to protect Roxas, taking the fatal strike of Zero's Keyblade in his place. Roxas' gritted his teeth, drawing his Ultima Weapon.

Ophelia's countdown was finished, and reality itself began to crack, but the memories would not stop coming. The cracks began to crawl between the ground and the air, tearing reality apart, and the cracks were coalescing as the Inner Periphery crumbled. Ophelia was protected by the red mass, staving off opponents as she allowed space and time to collapse in on each other, everyone's last moments to be memories of time gone by.

The God Wars are as definitive of a moment as any to natives of Gielinor, and the generals were no exception. Kree'arra could not even begin the imagine how much suffering his people had suffered at the hands of Zamorak, but for Zilyana, it was not a death that defined her, but her chance at avoiding it. Her lord and master, Saradomin, brought her to the sacred Stone of Jas, calling up its power to restore her to health.

However, if there was anything the two of them could agree on, it was that the God Wars had only reminded them of why they fought. Zilyana faced Kree'arra, and held out her sword. "What would you see Armadyl do, once he has the staff back?"

"I would hope that he would not see the need to use it for war. Sliske is dead, and with it, his contest must end. I want Saradomin and Armadyl to agree to a ceasefire."

"And Zamorak?"

"I know he will never stop unless he is defeated, but his armies are powerful. We must be careful."

"Then if you want our gods to get along, can we at least unite against him. Bandos is dead! Nothing should stop us!"

"I know," Kree'arra said. "But we mustn't become like Bandos or Zamorak."

"Then let us fight that red beast not as soldiers, but as comrades."

Kree'arra raised an eyebrow and smiled. "Comrades?"

"Don't get used to it," Zilyana smiled back.

The Inner Periphery continued to break down, with Ophelia showing little concern for it all. Try as anyone might, the end was inevitable, though none would admit it, save for the Reyvateil. The ground below began to break apart, the Inner Periphery scattering its inhabitants, ensuring that everyone would be alone. Sora reached out to Kairi, Xion to Roxas, and Kree'arra flew to Zilyana's aid.

Gagagigo's memories kept changing between images from his time as Kozaky's pawn, but Gagagigo kept making himself think of anything else. "I am not a monster," he told himself. "Raoul showed me that. Freed taught me that." The two knights, disgraced by their kingdom, were clear in Gagagigo's mind. He had walked alongside them in fortresses, fought alongside them on the battlefield. "Whatever you are doing, it won't work!" he shouted. "These memories you want to be see are mistakes I will wipe away! I know what a hero is! I will not be the monster that Kozaky wanted me to be! And if Erebos is still out there, I will stop him as a hero should!"

Eria looked at Gagagigo as her own memories began to appear. Doriado was standing at the peak of a mountain, with Eria, Wynn, Hiita, and Aussa all holding crystals as Doriado declared them Charmers. That's who Eria was. She was one of four, and later six people with control over elements. She was the one who had set Gagagigo on the path to morality. "I'm a survivor," she started to say. "I found my friend, but I'm not done fighting!" She watched as Dorian led Butlerok, as well as two men in suits of armor, and she took out Obelisk's card. She shook her head, asking herself how Dorian could possibly be alive, but even he wasn't important right now. What mattered was taking care of Ophelia. "I can rely on the Egyptian Gods. No matter what universes are out there, mine is just as important! Everything is important! You will not stop us, Ophelia!"

Three panels appeared outside the Inch of Will, sliding together as a transparent hand reached out, its form shaking like electricity as it reached out from behind Eria. "Then show me your worth, Charmer."

Arthur's past showed itself in a way he was afraid of revisiting. A wooden club swung through the front of his door, and his parents - the people he called his parents, anyway, broke in. His mother took him out back, while his father ran upstairs. Arthur screamed out loud while, in his mind, his mother helped him over a fence. "Not that!" he cried out. "Everything… everything was fine until then!" Suddenly, he was watching a younger version of himself in a different house, years before that day. His hair was light brown, and it made Arthur run a hand through his hair. He had it bleached, back at Camp Half-Blood. He was sitting on a couch, playing a fighting game against a young girl around the same age he was back then. He was watching his younger self and the girl from behind the couch, unable to see the girl's face. As the girl began to turn, Arthur remembered who she was. "Alexandra…"

"Arthur!" MachGaogamon's voice called out. "Did she get to you, too?"

"Alexandra," Arthur repeated. "How long ago was it?"

"Arthur, we are the ones who defeated the Demon Lords! We stopped Ytidens! Do you remember that?"

Arthur looked up at MachGaogamon. "Sorry. It's just… I remembered someone."

"Who?"

"Someone I knew as a kid."

"Who were they?"

"It's not important," Arthur avoided. He turned to look at Eria, finding a hand reaching out for her. Arthur took his Keyblade and ran towards the hand. "Eria, watch out!"

Eria turned around, raising a small wave of water, but a green and red light shout of the hand, clashing against the wave as Eria converted it to water. The cracks that had now spread across the entirety of the Inner Periphery finally gave way, causing everyone to fall into the abyss.

Eria found herself in a realm covered in machinery, with pods below her, and black walls that seemed to stretch on forever. Green lines formed along the walls, with sparks of electricity flickering. Eria found herself able to stand up, in spite of the fact that she was floating on air. She heard sounds, and she turned to see one of the walls shifting, allowing a colossal, pale white being to emerge from it. Its lower half was shaped like a dress that simply ended where a dress would, and the entity's arms were outstretched like it was basking in glory. The upper half of its face was covered by a tall crown that obscured the eyes, while its lips were curved like a smile. Whatever this being was, it was happy to have Eria see it.

Though to whatever this entity was, Eria was the size of an ant.

The entity lowered its head and pointed a finger at Eria. A thin stream of green energy shot from the finger, wrapping around Eria's neck. Eria reached for Obelisk's card, but before she could even get her hand her pocket, the entity pointed another finger, forming another cable around her arm. Eria attempted to use her free hand to fight back, but that too was quickly restrained.

Eria kicked against the air as the entity raised its head to observe her. All of the cables glowed brightly, forcing Eria to cry out in pain, and then the cables unraveled, the being letting go of Eria and allowing her to fall.

[The Rejected World] - Eria

Eria awoke to the sound of Arthur calling her name. She sat up, resting her hand on her head, but as she did, she could see it glowing. She looked at her palm, and on it, she saw a symbol. A line surrounded by a curves flowing along each from, starting next to the top of the line, curving downwards, then outwards, and past the bottom of the line before meeting at the end.

"What is this?!" she asked, shrinking back in horror. The ground was decayed, and her legs dragged through the dirt. Looking around, she saw that she was now in a wasteland, and towering over everyone in the realm was a centaur that looked to be formed by the same substance as the red creature from the Inner Periphery.

"Consider that brand my gift to you," a voice answered.

MachGaogamon and Gagagigo stood beside Arthur, and Eria rushed to her feet, looking at who answered: A figure in silver armor. A crescent moon rested on the suit's helmet, with crimson eyes glowing in slits below it. Eria gathered water in her hands, firing them, but the figure simply continued on his path, paying absolutely no attention to the water, and his movement unimpeded. "Stay back!" Eria commanded.

The figure stopped. "Then allow me to speak. I am sure that you encountered a being just before you arrived here. That was my mistress, Lindzei. You may have heard of me through my servant, Solasiro."

Eria's eyes widened. "No…"

"Yes. I am Megiddo."

Kratos and Chernobyl

Kratos acknowledged Eria and Arthur's request almost instantaneously, leaving no time for further discussion.  "I'll leave you to your ways then.  Chernobyl!" he called to the pup, who had just playfully dodged an attempted pickup by a strange girl he did not know.  He swiftly turned to his master and darted out to the corridor.  Kratos paid no mind to the others, simply turning away and heading to the bridge.  Something disturbed him, and he had a feeling he would need to be available.  Shortly behind him, Eria and the others scrambled to find seats as well.  Kratos found himself bumping into Predaking who had just had his request denied by Foster.  Feeling moderately defeated, he approached the warrior with his head low.  "We'll have to find another way to have Kokonoe access the blade."

"I have a feeling we're about to," Kratos said just as the Inch of Will began to descend.  Chernobyl barked at the sudden jerking motion.  The ship slowly came to a halt, as it landed with a thud and everyone began to evacuate.  Kratos moved outside into the strange plain, with Chernobyl and Predaking in tow.  "What is this place?" he questioned aloud.  But even Predaking could not answer.  Chernobyl began hopping at Kratos' feet, as if he were concerned.  "What is it, Chernobyl?"  The pup hopped and barked, but Kratos couldn't understand what he was worried about.  That is, until Kratos saw everything around them began to crack.  It was as if time itself was falling apart.  Predaking's sensors began to riot within him, causing quite the ruckus.  He too was quite alarmed at the world around them now.  Meanwhile, a metalic maiden stood in the midst of it all, as if to draw their attention.  But the look on it's face said she too was horrified as to what she had done.  Or rather, what she had brought about.  But she was not looking at the Counter Corps.  She was staring at an odd creature that had engaged a Divine member Kratos barely recognized since his engagement with Byakuya.  It was a frightening menace, seemingly a Minotaur.  It was doing battle with Butler, who Kratos finally recalled. Then he remembered a promise he kept.  His promise to Byakuya.

"I will find who did this to you, friend.  There will be vengeance."  He pulled Byakuya's photo out of his garments.  There, Byakuya stood, arms folded in the back ground, while Kenpachi and Yachiru grinned, the young pink haired girl sat gleefully atop his shoulder, her arms wrapped around his neck and her fingers woven into each other.  Predaking's peripheral vision caught this photo, and Kratos' reaction to it. 

"Did you know them?"

"No.  But I did battle with the purple haired one.  He was. . .not himself in our fight.  His strikes were empty.  His heart and mind were not his own."

"Then he was corrupted.  Perhaps by--"

"One of them.  I don't know who.  But I am a man of my word."

"Kratos.  Remember what we--"

"I know!" he snapped.  "I know.  I won't let my emotions get the best of me.  But I owe this man his last wish."  A sudden gust of wind from the clash of Butler and the Madara blew the photo out of Kratos' hands, and into the chest of Sora.  Kratos didn't pine after it.  Instead, he drew his Blades.  Chernobyl responded to his master's combat stance.  The pup stopped hopping and began to slowly back away from Kratos.  Kratos momentarily stared at the hell pup, as it contorted violently.  It's shoulders grew broad, and Chernobyl began to grow in size.  His adorable eyes became ripe with power, and his paws grew ten inch, sharp nails.  His tail grew nearly four additional feet, and a barbed club grew on it's end.  Now standing from less than one foot, to nearly five, weighing more than 250 pounds, and having teeth as long and sharp as the average human's forearm, Chernobyl changed state.  Predaking stepped away from the now ferocious hound, who turned to face it's master again.  Chernobyl barked, not nearly as high pitched as before.  From his broad shoulders he grew enormous black wings that sprouted to a span of ten feet.  He barked once more, and was engulfed in blue flames and urged Kratos aboard.  Kratos smiled at Chernobyl's sudden change, not hesitating to ride his good friend.

"Ride, Chernobyl!"

The dog roared, racing forward and picking up speed.  It aimed for the Madara, and seemed to understand that sometimes, fighting for the lesser of two evils benefits everyone.  Kratos understood this as well.  The dog finally got airborne, and soared extremely high, before diving back down into a sharp, flaming spiral.  Kratos' blades ignited with Chernobyl's flames as they became one in flight.  Meanwhile, Predaking was still processing Chernobyl's sudden evolution.  "That little bastard can fly?  What a show off."

ザまだら

Its subject had responded to the question in an unknown language, and almost immediately afterwards, the Madara found its avatar body being assaulted and surrounded by a strange, unidentifiable liquid which seemed to be controlled by Butler, which was curious as he was nothing more than a simple, ordinary human being. However, upon closer inspection, there were two smaller entities within him - one some kind of weapon named Ragnarok, the other being an ancient Shinigami by the name of Genryuusai. While the former was of no interest, the latter possessed great wealth that may prove to be useful, but for now the container was sufficient for it. Noting that subject, it planned on returning later.

~ Manticore ~

Meanwhile, physical connection with the outside appeared to have been cut off by the liquid, now having been determined to be something designated with the title Mad Blood, emitting a massive amount of a property called an Insanity Wavelength, though it appeared to have absolutely no effect. How odd.

Only then did it occur to the centaurus that this thing was attempting to trap it. Oh, was that it? Now comprehending this, it was beginning to understand that it would have to leave this sphere if it was to continue activities.

THIS STANDS IN OUR WAY? HOW PATHETIC.

Only moments after Butler-Ragnarok had enveloped in within the black sphere, a fountain of red energy burst out from the top, and if Team Dorian was paying any attention, then they would notice that it was emanating its own unique Wavelength similar, yet superior to their Insanity. This 'stronger' wave rapidly consuming the entirety of the inferior Mad Blood, all the darkness being replaced by grey-crimson, before it was absorbed back into the Madara within.

There were no noticeable differences to it, but it appeared now that its whole body was emitting the same wavelength from earlier, and while it had no apparent effect on the denizens of the Rejected World, it was fairly obvious that this Wavelength would specifically consume any Mad Blood upon contact. A moment of silence passed as it stood silently on its spot - before a tiny mass of red energy separated itself from the gigantic centaurus - and launched itself at Butler, behaving in exact imitation of the Mad Blood he had just utilized.

The massive centaur's blank gaze fell upon Dorian and Radamanthys for just a split second before it turned away in favor of better subjects, though it had the strange feeling that there was another entity there that it had missed.

Regardless, it was currently moving its head in a three-hundred-and-sixty-degree turn, assuming the locations of every other life form present in the dark wasteland. As it did so, the various storm clouds followed its perception, striking directly below them with powerful lightning whenever the nearest combatant came into view; each of these lightning strikes formed craters in the ground, but barely not deep enough to lead into the oblivion below.

Then its attention was caught as something was charging towards it. A warrior called Kratos, flying on some kind of worthless, irrelevant creature which did not have a name. But as for the warror himself, he would do for a good subject. A man of grief and sorrow, betrayed, yet still striving onwards in belief that he could save his family. There was something, something ironic about him that the Madara could not quite comprehend, something futile about his mission, something related to the purpose of the two divisions Counter Corps and Divine.

"KRATOS." It intoned psychically, directed at the subject himself, though for now there was no meaning to it.

Immediately afterwards, the Madara held out its 'arms' forward before a gigantic blade composed of red energy suddenly materialized into its hands, letting out a massive aura like steam. It would appear to others as just a random sword, and had such a vague outline that to mistake it as such would be acceptable. However, this was an item of significance to Kratos himself, as he would undoubtedly recognize that it had been modeled in the form of the Blade of Olympus itself. A huge one, at that.

That was when it swung at him in midair, in an attempt to end both him and his flying dog thing.

|_)Red, the Arisen(_|

Noises, he was close. His stride growing he rushed ahead much more swiftly than what his bulk would suggest. That was, until the world itself began breaking. On the fly his wings stretched wide and let him into the air. From his aerial view, the world itself was cracking violently, heaving and breaking until sweet oblivion took it...

Umm, Oblivion? Hello?!

Through grand improbability, and a very painful transition, Red now found himself in the Rejected World. It chilled him to the core, it froze his spirit. It was just like his dreams. A world once so glorious, now slowly cracking underneath itself. The entropy consuming it, tearing it away, soon there will be nothing left. It made him sick to his stomach.

------------------------------------

|_)Magical Girl Lydia(_|

Despite the rocking and the rolling of the ship, Lydia sat perfectly in place as the Inch of Will dived into the Inner Periphery. She stared wistfully out the window to see nothing but white space. "I guess the decorator wasn't coming until Monday. What day is it anyways?" she wondered as a commotion was heard outside.

Pushing herself to her feet, she was knocked straight off them again as the world exploded violently. Her head felt like hell as the Rejected World became the new reality. It was exactly like that time she first went out drinking. No, no, it was definitely worse than that.Her stomach clenched tight as she dry heaved in the room. She took deep, calming breaths as her balanced returned. Lydia gripped her head to shake away the pain as she stumbled out of the room.

Her staggering turned back into a gentle walk as she exited the cargo hold and onto the Rejected World's soil. Looks like she was pretty late to the party, but what really caught her eyes was the Madara. "Great, another skyscraper boss. I don't think I can pull a win out my butt this time though. Do you have too? What do you mean? I can't quite tell one hundred percent, but I don't think that creature is inherently evil. So, why is everyone attacking it? Do I honestly NEED to answer that? Right, dumb question Shade. So, think we should talk to it? After it has kicked the ass of whatever is currently flying at it."

And thus, she stood in the shadow of the Inch of Will.

Kratos pulled Chernobyl back suddenly, as the Madara had focused it's attention on the duo.  After calling his name, the creature materialized. .  ."The Blade of Olympus!?  But how!?"  It wasn't the actual Blade that Kratos wielded, because it was much, much larger.  It resembled the same blade that Ares used against him so many yeas ago, when he first was given his god-powers.  But now, it was enveloped in a sinister, red energy, likely fatal to the touch.  The duo dove right to avoid direct impact, and landed cautiously beside Team Dorian. . . .right next to Radamanthys.  Chernobyl growled, his large jaws drooling and sporting his huge fangs.  Kratos placed a hand on the beast's head to ease him slightly.  Turning to Radamanthys, Kratos said nothing at first, but managed to smile.  Looking at the impostor Blade, Kratos had a quick thought that concerned and excited him.  It would be what Kokonoe needed for Predaking's upgrade, and it would answer a few of his own questions.  But he would need help.  He turned his attention back to Radamanthys and his smile faded into a frown.

"Seems I'm going to need your help," he said to his old combatant.  Kratos was going to attempt to summon the Blade of Olympus again, which normally wouldn't be a problem.  But he wanted to summon it with more effect.  Directly on top of Madara's own, fake Blade.

Predaking

From a distance Predaking was able to study what the Madara was wielding, but his results came back with nothing.  The blade was clearly not of this world, but the energy it was created and surrounded with prevented him from getting any clear results.  He would have to get in range to blast the creature and have it swing at him.  But that was easier said than done.  The Blade was miles long, and weighed hundreds of tons just by looking at it.  One hit would be near fatal.  It would take all of his speed just to get close.  But perhaps he could aid his team.  Leaping into the air, Predaking transformed into his draconic state.  And with his weapons prepared, he barreled at the Madara recklessly, firing as many missiles as possible.  He began to calculate alternate flight plans as he approached.  The sooner he would be able to understand the creature and it's weapon, the better off they would be.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Retrospective

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inner Periphery

-=Amato/Tenco=-

Uh…I’m starting to feel really uncomfortable here. Wait, did he just pass the pillars with no problems? Why do you even put those there then?

Shut up.

Damn, he’s no-Wait, where the hell are the flowers coming from?

Shut up! Just.. please ignore him for now and see what’s actually going on behind him.

Wait, how could we even see things when you turned off all stimuli coming to us?

….

Oh, alright then.

..Well then. Let's ignore the freak for now, and look over there. At that girl that had just crumbled to dust, and the other girl in front of her. I believe the former is the one that Lady Yukari said to be Isamy, and the other is Ophelia if I’m not wrong. Seems like one of the big opposing force for us has been eliminated just before the battle started.

Aaah, I see.

Wait, what was that?

It was not visible, but it seemed like the sun-like being suddenly pulsated. But Tenco didn’t notice it much, as she was suddenly reliving her memories when she left her castle to see the world. Her sudden silence made Amato start to get a bit worried about her.

Tenco! I felt a surge or psychic wave coming at us, bypassing the stone protection, so please, say it to me if you’re okay!

..Yeah, I’m fine. It was just like, a surge of nostalgia, I guess.

Ah, that’s great to hear. So can we move on?

Sure, but what would we do now?

Oh right, I was just going to tell you about my plan. To put it simply, I’ll take control of your body fully so I can use my power to the fullest extent, then we start attacking Ophelia. Sounds good?

Doesn’t seem too bad. Alright, go on. But don’t do any stupid things, ok?

Heh, that would be better suited as my words towards you.

----

Amato was now in full control of Tenco’s body. It was then that she noticed that somehow the freak managed to crack the stone body, but thankfully it wasn’t really something major.

Well then, it’s time to party.

A smile appeared on the statue’s face. A small hand gesture quickly removed the stone pillars surrounding her, burying them deep into the ground. A moment later, her plan was fulfilled.

The pillars appeared from behind her, throwing her far into the sky, before she stopped mid-flight just close enough to the battle against Ophelia in front of her. It was then that she felt it would be safe enough to shed her stone overcoat. The powerful source of psychic aura that came from near there was also a factor. But eh, in the end she decided to do that just to mess around with that freak.

The grey-haired girl smirked.

After a long while, she would finally be able to taste the thrill of the battlefield once again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-=Ran/Chen=-

“Well, isn’t that kinda disappointing?” Chen said casually.

Meanwhile, Ran was completely shocked that Isamy suddenly disintegrated into thin air for no apparent reasons.

“So much for the huge threat level for our mission, eh Ran?”

“…I guess so. But maybe this is just merely one of her trickery. We must still be vigilant.”

As if to gloat after her apparent triumph over Isamy, Ophelia suddenly made a declaration to everyone on the Inner Periphery.

“Tell me, why are each of you still here? Is it to save your homeworld? Is it for the prize that the Door offers? I suppose it is irrelevant, but I cannot help but ask. I will make this clear; I care not for your beliefs, your personal alignments, your genders, your sexual orientations, your choices and your desires.

In other words, I hold nothing against any of you.

I am only following orders. My final order.

You have thirty seconds. Run, or prepare for combat. Although, I imagine that what you’re about to face isn’t exactly something you can fight.”

“Uhh..aren’t thirty seconds kinda too short to escape from this place? Not to mention, it’s kinda hot out there.” Chen replied sarcastically, while Ran just watched the cyborg from her current position, thinking about ways to handle her and how dangerous would she be.

And then, a weird sensation could be felt by the two girls as surges of memories from ages past emerged on their mind.

The time Ran met Yukari for the first time. The time when she adopted Chen as her shikigami.

The images flashed over and over, and somehow, it made Ran smiled a little. She created a small magic circle in front of her, and with a flick of her hand, the magic circle enclosed the two of them, and dispelled the memories.

“So, form of mental assault, eh?”

Just then, she noticed the crimson sphere floating right there. She didn’t even realize that it was there all this time. And, a powerful aura erupted from the sphere.

No. That would be an understatement. Powerful was an understatement.

The ultimate power. An aura far more powerful than anything Ran had ever seen. Thinking about it made her shivered a little, but then, a smirk appeared on her face.

A creature this powerful would be just the thing she needed to ascend into a higher state of existence. She would be honored if she became the one that would conquer it. With that in her mind, she turned around to Chen, who was looking at the sun, her expression was like a little child drooling in front of a candy store

“Chen, seems like we have something that we need to kill.

Let’s roll.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-=Kazuya=-

“So it begins, I think.”

Kazuya felt a brief mental assault in his mind, forcing him to relive his most precious memories, but the damages from his corruption and Beelzebub made him be able to ignore it.

Without Isamy, he could put all his focus into defeating Ophelia for now. Arthuria could be handled later. He was not even here at the moment, along with fellow Counter Corps member. So that’s another of his problem gone most probably.

Before he could act, he saw the blob and Ophelia was already being attacked by some of the Divines. Kazuya grumbled for a while, before decided to wait and see how Ophelia and the blob would retaliate.

He was definitely not in a rush, anyway.

-=Gengetsu=-

Goggle-girl seemed to be not interested to talk with her, so Gengetsu decided to walk away, and return to Tenshi once again.

But something made her stop on her tracks.

A sudden wave of memories resurfaced inside her, memories of her times with her sister, memories when they built their dream world together.

“…What happened?”

Gengetsu was confused. But then, she noticed Ophelia and the blob.

It was then when she knew. She must defeat Ophelia to be able to return to her sister.

Several balls of light appeared from behind her. The next second, the balls multiplied. Again and again, until hundreds of the balls surrounded the demon.

“Well, here it is, your funeral~

Dream Sign “Nightmare Dance”!”

And with that, she launched all of her bullets into Ophelia, not holding back any single one.

But then, before the bullets even reach Ophelia, everything became white.

It was as if the world ended abruptly.

-=Tenshi=-

“…Isamy? Did..did she just-
..But how?”

Tenshi was dumbfounded when Isamy somehow crumbled to dust without any warning, and without even Ophelia raised her hand to fight the herald.

“..Tch, this’ll be one hell of a fight it seems.”

Both Frankram and Ivankov advised that they should cook up a plan first. Despite all of her refusing to accept it, she realized that going gung-ho straight at Ophelia wouldn’t be a wise move. But before she could voice her opinion to the two, something suddenly hit her head.

----

“Father, who are those people?”

A little girl shyly asked her father, who was talking to two individual with an outlandish clothing. The little girl felt that something were..off about the two man.

“…Chiko, please, not now. Father will answer it later, but please return to your room at once.”

The little girl was quite disappointed after hearing that, but she had no choice but to comply with her father’s words, and took her leave. Before she closed the door behind her though, she could hear some of her father’s conversation with his guests.

“-It seems like you have decided on also bringing your daughter into Bhava-agra as a Celestial. I hope you are aware of what it may entail in the future.”

“..Yes. I know.”

“Would you take the responsibility for anything concerning her?”

“I promise, I won’t let her be like what you've said.”

Back then, the words meant nothing to the little girl.

It was not the case now

----

“…This boredom is killing me!”

Tenshi walked around in the empty halls of the Nai Clan’s palace. Realizing she would get even more bored staying there, she decided to fly outside, looking at the land below her. She noticed that nothing actually happened in the land, everyone was at peace.

The monotony in all of that..she decided to not let it continue.

“I wonder...

Would they appreciate it if I shake things up by a little?”

-----

And then, hundreds, no, thousands of memories appeared in the same time on Tenshi’s mind. Tenshi clutched her head in pain, as her head was overloaded with the overwhelming surge of memories. Memories vaguely belonging to her, unfamiliar memories, even some that are completely alien to Tenshi, all flashed rapidly in succession.

All the information was like rupturing Tenshi’s mind, and as time passed, the more it hurts for her. Not long, she let out a cry of anguish, and immediately, Tenshi fell unconscious once again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awakening

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

-=Ran and Chen=-

“Ugh..what was that?”

The two shikigamis couldn’t really remember anything after they decided to attack the sun-thingy.

Did it explode?

“So..where are we?”

“I don’t know, but the geography seems to be all too messed up for this to be a good place.”

“..Wait, What the hell is that thing?”

“Huh?”

Chen was pointing at the centaur-like monstrosity.

“Eeh, idk. Whatever it is though, seems like something that we need to kill. Where’s Ophelia anyway?”

“Who cares lol.”

“Hush, Chen, stop it!”

Suddenly, the Centaur-thing was engulfed in a black sphere for some reason, though it didn't last long enough to note.

“Uh..so do we need to kill that thing now or should we just steal the key right in front of everyone’s nose?”

“Patience is virtue I heard.

Let’s just wait.”

-=Kazuya=-

“So, there’s the Key of Origin?”

Kazuya barely noticed that he was transported into another world, as he was more fascinated by the Centaur-thing with the Key of Origin embedded into its chest. Kazuya decided to summon Shiva, and ordered him to attack the Centaur-thing.

“I wonder…are you as powerful as you looked?

Shiva, aim directly at the key with your third eye.”

The Deity nodded, and focused his third eye into his target. Light immediately gathered into the eye, a force of destructive energy spiraling rapidly in a single point.

“Pasupata!”

The light erupted into a single, thin line of annihilation, aiming directly at the Centaur-thing’s chest cavity just as it was engulfed by something black. And so, Kazuya couldn’t be sure if the attack was successful or not

“…Screw you.”

-=Amato=-

“Tch, goddammit.”

When Ophelia attempted to blow up the entire Inner Periphery, Amato immediately turned to stone to shield herself from potential incoming damage. She didn’t really expect to get thrown into a new world, and she quickly noticed something that made her felt quite uneasy.

The land was barely there, and it could be seen that it was only there to prevent the entire plane from collapsing. That means she must be quite careful with her attacks.

Or maybe not.

Amato realized about the Centaur-thing’s existence, and though she at first thought that it looked quite funny, she realized that it would be really powerful as it had the Key with it. Most of everyone hadn’t made their move, and Amato decided that she’d wait too, as acting now without any knowledge about the dangers of the Centaur-thing would just bit her badly in the end

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-=Tenshi=-

Being tormented by thousands of voices and memories sucked. Like, really.

“Heh, you’re really busy there, aren’t you?

If so, then seems like I can play around with your body now.
"

Watching your body got snatched away from your control without being able to do anything about it sucked even more.

"Heh, this'll be amusing.”

-=Tenshi(?) and Gengetsu=-

“Tenshi, didn’t you just get-
Ah, nevermind, I must’ve been imagining things.

Anyway, shouldn’t we go there and fight that thing?”

Gengetsu appeared, and patted Tenshi's back. She didn't expect her to brush her off, and while she was still surprised by it, Tenshi screamed at her face

"...It's Lady Tenshi, you idiotic dumbass!

Geez, try to show some of your respect, will ya?"

Tenshi glared at Gengetsu for several moments, before looking away uninterested.

"Ugh, commoners..."

"..What is wrong with you?"

"Tch, that is not how you talk with the idol of all heavens, Tenshi Hinanai!

But eh, screw you. I gotta do something more important now."

"...What?"

"As you said, that thing there needs to get its ugly existence out of my view, and seems like it won't do it on its own.

It's simple logic, really."

Tenshi then unsheathed her sword, and planted it on the ground. The sword started to glow brighter and brighter, as it absorbs temperaments from everyone on the realm.

"Huh? The ground seems to be kinda weak, a quake won't do much.

But who cares, anyway? I still have the keystones."

Just before her sword made enough crack to make the ground volatile, Tenshi pulled it out of the ground, and started to casually walk to the Centaur looking-thing.

-----

[spoiler=Status]PC:
Tenshi: http://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/help-information/mental-health-a-z/H/hearing-voices/
Also, someone hijacked her body.
Kazuya: Ordered Shiva to attack Madara

NPC:
Ran/Chen: Watching things from the front seat.
Amato: In the Rejected World, frustrated.
Gengetsu: Baffled with whatever happened to Tenshi.

Chandra, The Inner Periphery -> The Rejected World

As the world they were in collapsed, Chandra was frantically, if unsuccessfully, trying to touch her planeswalker spark so she could planeswalk away from the dying world. That continued right to when a force seemed to pull her away from the world. As she could start to observe the world around her, she noticed the earth beneath her, as well as the clouds that seemed to hover around in the dark sky. Looking forward, and noticing the creature that had undoubtedly once been the crimson blob that Ophelia was using, she could tell it appeared similar to that of a centaur, albeit absolutely huge and composed entirely of red energy. Realizing that her fire would be unlikely to affect it, Chandra raised a hand into the air, channeling mana to call out a creature to aid her. Rising up steadily in front of her was one of the largest creatures in her arsenal, bulk-wise at least, Inferno Titan. Though it was still smaller than their foe, The Madara, Inferno Titan still was large enough to reach The Madara's chest standing upright. Moving forward quickly, Inferno Titan raced forward, it's flail twisting around to bring all three burning balls hurling towards the centaur's right leg.

-----

Darcy, The Inner Periphery -> The Rejected World

Getting ripped violently from the white world she had been in, Darcy came to a stop in a desolate world, with earth stretching around them as far as the eye could see, and several clouds hanging in an other wise dark sky. Standing in place was a huge being comprised of the same energy as the crimson orb from before, who looked vaguely like one of the divine she'd seen. 

"So that thing is, or was, Madara. It seems whatever there is of him that still lives on somehow joined with that orb of crimson energy to make this monstrosity."

Looking closer, she noticed what seemed to be the key they were here to obtain before her view was obscured, multiple people choosing to attack him. Looking towards him as the attacks happened, she stepped back to avoid a bolt of lightning coming from above, before sending a single sphere of dark energy shooting directly at The Madara.

Archived