The Grand Crossover RP - Pathway to Origin [IC/PG-13/Moved to NCM for Finale]

Merci

Arthuria Pendragon, II-B2

The Counter Guardian had gotten out of the way and watched, as the Counter Corps threw everything they had at Xansvita, with Lydia, Izumi, Yuki weakening it, while at the same time Kairi - who came from wherever, either a former member of the Divine or one of the many summoned by Ophelia - went on a suicidal mission and had herself swallowed by one of its heads, Arthuria powerless to stop her what with a massive sword  stained in radiant crimson blood protruding out from his back.

Hence, he was surprised when Kairi actually succeeded, bringing with her Roxas, Xion, and even Sora himself, having somehow managed to rescue them all. It wasn't supposed to be possible.

The finishing blow was dealt by the Inch of Will, piloted by Foster, as it unloaded a weapon so powerful Arthuria couldn't even understand what happened at first, when the Railgun was revealed and it obliterated the Endless Warlock in an instant, shattering past his barrier and through the next two shells, all the way down to the very core, and perhaps even to the other side. Though stunned at such tremendous power, power so vastly superior to even his Excalibur, he caught a glimpse of a spirit, that of Ventus, passing away in peace throughout all the destruction.

"So they managed to win." He whispered, and the sword faded away from his chest, leaving a large, gaping wound within his armour plate that made a line from his upper left shoulder all the way down to his hip bone. Seething hot blood was leaking out, blood that was literally boiling with excess dragonic mana.  

He was in no immediate danger of death, and in normal circumstances he would simply heal himself, but at the moment he could not afford to waste any energy on such a delicate matter. There was something far more important going on. Still, he was able to concentrate just a little mana by his vocal cords in order to increase the volume of his voice and address of his soldiers.

"Counter Corps, congratulations. You have managed to slay the Warlock, and that alone is a feat worthy of being knighted for. However, the battle isn't over yet." Arthuria announced, keeping himself upright by stabbing his sword into the metallic floor. He made his way over to the massive opening created by the Railgun, an opening with a two-hundred-foot drop. At the very bottom seemed to be a white, spiraling vortex, revealed between a surface of lava, and a psychic force prevented the lava from flowing down into it.

"Once you come into contact with the core, you'll instantly be transported to...well, it's similar to another world, or rather, an Inner Periphery. You should be safe from a fatal landing, and when we arrive there, I'm sure that Ophelia will be waiting for us. That's why, I shall-"

Just as the knight was about to jump down, he stopped himself.

He couldn't do that, could he? Not with him in Camelot, and as much as he believed in his own abilities to hold the man back, one slip could be disastrous for the multiverse. He would need to focus all his efforts and energy to defeat him. At all costs, that man couldn't be allowed to obtain the Key of Origin, even if he had to collapse his own world to do so. 

"...I'm afraid I won't be able to follow you. As we speak, Ophelia's master and the true orchestrator of all these events, Protheus Maximus - he's attempting to enter this timeline and take the Key for himself, through me. I need more time." He explained, and as he spoke, colour was beginning to drain from his hair and skin, his body growing frailer. He let his weakening knees give away, and to anyone who had no understanding of his nature as a mana construct, it would appear as though he was dying from the wound. And technically, he was. Unable to afford wasting energy to heal himself, it would be better to rest his outer body until he could deal with it. "For now, I will have to hibernate and focus all my power against him. But it is crucial that the rest of you head down right now, defeat Ophelia, and secure the Key! I cannot guarantee your safety, and truth be told I have no idea what will await you all, but you must go now! Now, before the Divine can take it! The fate of all reality rests in your hands!"

His eyes were about to close, but in his last moments of consciousness, Arthuria turned to face Izumi and Yuki.

"Do not interfere. Don't you dare interfere, either of you. Go for the Key of Origin. This fight is mine alone, and the man you were once familiar with... is no more."

Isamy Maximus, IV-A2

Just as Isamy had dismissed her opponent as annihilated, Sephiroth suddenly appeared, his ridiculously long silver hair blocking her line of view for just a moment as he executed the final move, killing Sykes in a swift blow. Neither of them said a word to the other, it was not even necessary. She understood his power, and he understood hers.

Dismissing the warrior just like that, Isamy let out a sigh as she turned to observe the rest of the Divine.

For a moment, she was tempted to continue leading them onwards, but. Was that necessary? Did she even need them? ...No, she ultimately concluded. The thought was laughable, that she would 'need' anyone to help her. She'd only brought them on a whim in the first place. They were so useless that they couldn't even be called pawns. Pawns can at least get rid of the opposition, but these? They'd barely managed to get rid of any Counter Corps at all, let alone the mass slaughter she'd originally been expecting of them back when she first brought them forth for the Shadow Realm.

At the time, she had thought they were a brilliant idea, but as always, she was horrible when it came to coming up with plans. How much had they actually accomplished? How tiring was it to listen to their needs and troubles and complaints and suspicions? Okay, so the little bit of social interaction did make her feel more important, but apart from that? Not much. If any of them ended up killed by lava or whatever, then so be it.

All of a sudden, a a headache zapped past her head, though it was more like a wormhole abruptly swallowing her up then spat her back out imparting with her a single, bizarre phrase 'Isamy, I've eaten an everything bagel with butter'; in an instant, something had happened and she was in her original position. As if nothing had happened.

Unable to decipher what had just occurred, she went on with the plot as if the past split second hadn't occurred.

"I despise bagels." Isamy muttered to herself in disgust.

Moving her attention away towards the boiling lava below her, she focused psychic energy onto it, gripping the lava and pulling it apart with the strength of her mind - it seemed that at the very bottom was the last shell, made of adamantium, adamantium which had twisted and contracted here and there after being exposed to so much gravity. It wouldn't be easy to break, but for one with power such as hers, it shouldn't take very long.

With that thought in mind, she held the lava apart as she dived in and slammed onto the surface, denting it just a little. She continued with smashing her scythe against the metal again and again, using a technique of sheer force in order to get past.

"Hm?"

She had just broken through, revealing a white spiral portal beneath it - the core of the Sphere Forest. However, just before she could let herself be sucked in, that was when some disgusting maggot god chose that moment to appear before her, and stroke his rotten hand through her star-dense hair, the very act of which would've prompted his immediate obliteration had she not been aware that it was a futile effort. Naturally, she was unamused by his cryptic words.

On the outside, it would appear as though she'd vanished into thin air and already entered the portal.

"The result is obvious, isn't it?" Isamy replied to Papa Legba, stepping back into lava - frozen in time - to put some distance between her and the god infested with maggots. "Everything you foresee, EVERYTHING, it's just another outcome that the Door can shatter. Nothing is stopping me from taking the Key, and nothing is stopping me from taking the Door, except for some failure knight, and a random assortment of useless people from all over. And maybe that plastic plaything with any other boyfriends she might still have."

Though she knew it wouldn't harm him, she flicked her finger and let out a massive laser that vaporized the Legba guy's whole torso in an instant.

"To answer your question, yes, I do know what's coming for me. My birthright. It's already guaranteed, isn't it? Now then, start time again, if you please, and allow me to prove so!"

The Sphere Forest, Eight Hours Ago -> One and a Half Hours Ago

Silent Forest

Once upon a time, there was a race of immortals. Ninety-nine in all, they were brought forth onto a dead, barren world, and given only one command; to wait. Legend had it that a time would come when a beautiful forest would sprout out from the wastelands, heralding the approach of powerful warriors from all across the multiverse, and it would be during that time that they would have salvation. So for a total of one billion years, as the planetoid drifted through space and alternated between absolute zero and extremely hot temperatures, they trained. They honed their skills in preparation for the powerful opponents that would soon come down and give them the greatest challenge ever. They awaited their time patiently.

Each of them had names. Each of them had a story to tell about how they came across the Sphere. Each of them hopes and dreams, and though there would come many times when they lost faith in the legend promised to come true, they would reassure themselves and train even harder.

But did it matter? Did it matter what kind of people they were?

None of this was important. None of it was ever important, and the existence of these ninety-nine immortals were irrelevant from the very beginning.

She rained down upon their world like fire, destroying everything they had ever known.

A massive tower, floating by itself, had appeared out of nowhere and assaulted them from space, so far away that they were powerless to do anything. Gigantic electromagnetic lasers were blowing off chunks of the Sphere's many accumulated earth and materials, remorselessly vaporizing everything in their way. All their hopes, constructions, achievements, lives, even their very world, all gone in an instant.

Ironically, they never realized that this had been part of the prophecy all along. While it spoke of many things such as a sphere forest and many powerful warriors coming towards it, both of which would come true, the immortals themselves were only ever mentioned once. They were promised salvation. And so it was salvation they were given, in death, from their own immortality that kept them waiting for a billion years. It was almost laughable how such a long and ancient history had been rendered irrelevant so quickly, within the space of an instant.

When the deed had been done, all that was left was the planetoid's core - a tiny, spiraling white vortex with an incredibly powerful gravity.

After that, it had been fairly simple to forge and place the metal shells over it, before covering them with earth, rebuilding the Periphery Sphere in a way that must've insulted its diverse origins, pumping the elements required for an atmosphere outwards onto it, spreading out flammable particles and setting up the trap.

The fake world took over six hours to construct, and when her work was done, she descended upon it, bringing with her a man in samurai-eque crimson armour. A shinobi, who found this sham to be the perfect grounds for his true power.

"If I may... Mokuton Hijutsu: Jukai Kōtan!"

With those words alone and two simple handsigns, nature suddenly blossomed all around them. Ophelia had always known he was powerful, but never expected that he was this powerful, watching as roots emerged from the ground all over, followed by trunks, then wooden towers that branched out into leaves at hundreds of stories tall, followed by tall grass all over the ground, the result enclosing the planetoid in an emerald colour. The Sphere Forest had finally been brought to life, and despite the scale, this was nothing but a chore for the shinobi.

Visibly impressed, that was when a second man appeared, robed in a long white overcoat. A shinigami, who wasn't quite as impressed with their work but followed her orders nevertheless.

"The desired actions requesting completion have been dealt with."

It wasn't so much his power that brought her to recruit him, although that was certainly notable as well, but his uncanny ability to achieve difficult tasks and grasp success. It was he who had infiltrated Camelot and stolen the Sphere Forest's coordinates in an instant, allowing her to invade it in the first place, and he was even able to travel across the multiverse placing 'checkpoints' on specific warriors that were available, allowing Ophelia to summon them forth. Even so, despite the difficulties involved, this was nothing but a bother for the shinigami.

With their powers combined, it should have been a perfect trap.

Here was the plan:

"Uchiha Madara, you shall be based on the surface. With the forest enhancing your powers and your Chibaku Tensei power, do not hesitate to unleash your full power at will. You are to slaughter as many of the Divine and Counter Corps as possible, and keep the Herald occupied until the right time occurs.

Sykes Huegares, you shall be based below ground. Using the spacetime passages provided by the colosseum, you are to target any members that are proving troublesome to Madara and take them down, before dealing with them your way. In the extremely unlikely event that the Herald escapes his clutches, you are to prevent her from entering past the final shell at all costs.

As for me, I shall reside within the Inner Periphery and act as support. With the many various summons Sykes has so generously prepared, I shall bring out enemies specific to each warrior's weakness, rooting out what little chance they have against both your might. Even then, if even that doesn't work, the Sphere is designed to go up in flames given enough time.

They shall not pass, as there are no mistakes in my design.

Uchiha Madara. Sykes Huageras. I acknowledge the both of you to be, in this vast multiverse, mighty beyond belief. Your ideals are your own, and neither of you pursue a dream that is as childish in form as it is in concept. Because of these facts I chose you. From here on out, you must use your own strengths, and once you have, you shall be granted 'it'.

Do not fail me."

The Inner Periphery

Even with all their claims, the both of them ended up failing her. Their grand plan crumbled almost straightaway when the Herald abruptly booted the shinobi off the planetoid. Everything that had been set up, the efforts to reach it, it all crumbled in an instant. Ophelia had been tempted to go out into space and annihilate them all, all over again, but she was aware that Isamy would only regenerate from her lasers and reach the core anyway.

Upon contact with the core, one would be transported into the Inner Periphery and placed at random.

It was a blank, white world, devoid of any colour, odour, and sound apart from their own breathing. In a way, it was like an unfinished, incomplete realm that had yet to be painted over, though its size was such that it was able to create the same amount of gravity as a typical planet.

There was nothing in sight - until a distance away, the Reyvateil herself could be seen. She had the appearance of a cyborg, evident in her vibranium-alloy robotic limbs and metallic irises, and had a bored expression on her face, exemplified by her unreserved, unusual fashion, which was a relic of her former world, a world suppressed by the World Government and swamped with piracy as far as she was concerned. Floating besides her was a sphere twice her size, though its purpose remained unknown.

Also in the realm, was a massive red blob that remained suspended high up in the air, though without anything to compare it to, it was difficult to gauge its size at first. It seemed harmless enough anyway.

The Key, whatever it really was, was nowhere in sight.

Ophelia did not say anything to the first newcomers, looking disinterested at them. Any attempt to attack her would've been automatically intercepted by the vibranium sphere. Was she waiting? Waiting for what?

"The time is nearly upon us." She spoke out to herself, moving her gaze up towards the blob. Her tone lacked any emotion, but whether it was because she was suppressing them, or because she was incapable of them in the first place, that was impossible to tell.

"Welcome, to the Inner Periphery. I was not expecting you in particular, but it matters not. The Herald will arrive, and everything will be set. Do not bother searching for the Key." Ophelia continued in a disinterested, this time addressing the newcomers.

"I regret to say this, but you are going to perish here. If you have any last words, now is the time to say them, as you will not get another chance. Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee that you will be granted a painless death. I must apologize for that inconvenience, but remember, you are the one who optioned to persevere up to this point. You have only yourself to blame... for the suffering to come."

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Isamy. . . 

Papa smiled as his torso regenerated instantaneously.  "So you got it all figured out eh?" he said chuckling.  Papa turned his back to Isamy, folding his arms as he stared into the lava below.  "I've had so very many souls come to me befo' and afda dey have said dose words, Isamy.  And know dis, in due time," his rotated 180 degrees as he continued to grin.  "You too will come back to Papa.  And I will give you everyting you need."  His neck snapped, and his head rolled off of his shoulders, and he kicked it into Isamy's hands.  His head exploded several seconds after touched her hands.  The rest of Papa's body also spontaneously combusted, and his dark laugh echoed as time returned to it's normal flow.  There were several other interesting characters Papa was intrigued by, but none of them were worthy of seeing Papa without a summoning.  Isamy's presence alone commanded armies and countries, being one of the few reasons Papa chose to appear before her.  As he sit back in hell, he stroked his chin, as he peered into the future once more.  A fall out.  A new bond among unforeseen allies.  And of course, the not-so unexpected bloodbath.  It was proving to be an interesting turn of events.

Aboard the Inch of Will

Kratos sighed contently as Foster reamed Xansvita with all his might.  There was an awkward silence as he watched Xansvita die almost abruptly.  Kratos did not know the story behind Xansvita, so he pondered as to whether or not Xansvita did whatever it was he was doing, for lack of heart.  Many a man had been corrupted for lack of heart, and Kratos watched some of his best soldiers die to such.  It was satisfying to know things were being set right, but unfortunate to see another life loss.  Whoever was involved probably knew Xansvita better, so Kratos would interrogate them later.  For now, he sought to end his boredom.  Conjuring up a hellborn puppy, it jumped into his lap.  "You require a name, little one.  A name that is to be both feared, and respected.  A name that makes your foes tremble at it's mention.  A name that can only fit you," Kratos said aloud.  The puppy barked, running in circles in his lap, before settling down to stare up at Kratos.  It's eyes full of wonder and excitement, Kratos had decided to let his allies name his puppy in celebration of their victory.  "We cannot name you alone, little one."  Kratos picked the pup up, and placed it on his left shoulder.  

"Come!  We shall dedicate your name to our fallen comrades!  And you shall be our friend."  The puppy yelped in agreement, wagging it's tiny tail back and forth.  Though hard to tell behind it's purple tinge (being that this pup was a soul), it was an all black Cerberus pup that had not yet grown to full potential.  It had calm black eyes and an orange tipped tail.  It had no collar, but it's soul chain was attached to Kratos' chest.  Attached to his heart.  Kratos rubbed the pup's chin, as he jumped down from the Inch of Will to congratulate his allies.

"A fine victory!" he called, just as he heard Arthuria's voice over them all.  Nodding his head in agreement, Kratos introduced his new friend.  "Now that you've exhausted yourselves, may I draw your attention to my new pet," he said holding up the hellborn pup in a 'Lion King' fashion.

IV-A2

Team Dorian was looking a tad annoyed with the whole Isamy being dismissive and all. She wasn't really trying to lead the Divine as much as she was simply tolerating it. Though it didn't really matter. Working for people he didn't like was a part of growing up. Mysteriously as Dorian was thinking this this thought he started to get a slight headache. This was weird for him to deal with. At the same time he couldn't really dwell on it. As the man with the silver hair came and one shotted the man in white this meant that the core was finally accessible.  The group was finally able to move forward. Hades looked up at this ghost who was talking to Isamy. He simply shrugged. This random apparition gets words and he doesn't. She is such a killjoy. Hades simply motioned to the group that it was time to achieve the goal. 

Radamanthys was eager to be the first to jump through the core. Especially in honor of lord Hades. Soon they will be in a world where they did not deal with Athena's pesky intervention with their affairs. The group began to walk through the core. 

Inner Periphery

The group made their way into the blank world that was the inner sphere. The first thing that happened was that Dorian let out a huge sigh of relief. This normal gravity and this normal temperature. He could finally stop trying so hard and even better he wouldn't have to pretend that he wasn't trying so hard. This...is...awesome! Much needed. Now let us see what can we are dealing with here the group said as they walked down this odd path of nothingness. 

"Welcome, to the Inner Periphery. I was not expecting you in particular, but it matters not. The Herald will arrive, and everything will be set. Do not bother searching for the Key." 

Hades, Radamanthys, Dorian, and Ragnarok all looked confused. This "woman" was surely an interesting creature and the odd red ball that floated above here was also strange. Ragnarok's mind was elsewhere though. He was actually lost in the awesomeness that was Sephiroth. He was so amazed by that man's swag that he didn't even think about Ophelia. Hades on the other hand wondered just how powerful this lady was seeing she felt so confident to literally have nothing but some floating ball to defend herself. Radamanthys and Dorian focused on this key situation. She may have said don't bother searching for the key but they never knew what it looked like to begin with. Dorian assumed she knew this fact and that floating red...thing was probably the key all along. The only problem was...how to get it from her.

I regret to say this, but you are going to perish here. If you have any last words, now is the time to say them, as you will not get another chance. Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee that you will be granted a painless death. I must apologize for that inconvenience, but remember, you are the one who optioned to persevere up to this point. You have only yourself to blame... for the suffering to come."

Dorian snickered for a second. I've died before and two these people were my tormentors in the afterlife so I don't think I'm going anywhere for a while. You must be the one who summoned that little girl against us. What the Hell is wrong with you people? Are you mad? Ragnarok started laughing hysterically thanks to the irony of his own statement. Hades simply stood silent as he wondered how much power would he need to actually take down an opponent of this caliber. You foul wench! You dare speak to Lord Hades in such a manner! I shall rip your heart out myself! Radamanyths said with in as deadly a roar he come muster.

Ivero<Somewhere Near the Inch of Will>

He was speaking when an incredibly rude thing had happened, his dark attack was shattered by some other fool's attack; to make matters worse, some sort of machine had hit his face. "And what of thi-" That was all he could utter before the machine exploded and sent him through the air away from Arthur and MirageGaogamon, he finally recoiled and started floating back to the Inch of Will. It was there, floating above it all, that Ivero had witnessed the fall of his master, the one who had given him the almighty gift of being an Unversed. "No! How am I to---" There could be no other words as Ivero grabbed his head in pain as a strange power had forced itself into his own listing of powers, but it wasn't just some new trick, it was as if Xansvita's entire will was forced upon Ivero. Everything was on his shoulders now.

Suddenly, the darkness that was composing Ivero's body was melting and being drawn into his mouth, giving Ivero a new form to go along with his new command over the Unversed. Although it seemed to be just a cloak floating in the air, underneath the hood was the face of Nero. However, just when the counter corps might have thought their ally had returned, the Unversed snapped his fingers and summoned twenty five Duotrucker Unversed. As the cloud of Unversed made its way towards the Inch of Will, Ivero made a turn and was suddenly gone, as if he had receded into the darkness of the world.

Odin<Atop the Inch of Will>

Odin had watched the Unversed turn himself into a more Nero looking version, and he could only frown at the appearance as he now had to stare down his old teammate. When the snap of Ivero's fingers sounded through the air, and the cloud of Duotruckers were approaching, Odin sprang into action. As he ran to the edge the legendary blade he had with him started to glow with a light blue glow. "Zantetsuken!" He shouted, and with one powerful swing, a wave of energy had been unleashed that had obliterated all of the Duotruckers where they floated. He turned back to the group and walked back to them as he was speaking. "We should get inside this craft, it might not be safe to be atop whilst moving."

Sephiroth<IV-A2>

He had only been with the group for a moment or two when Team Dorian, lead by the boy of the same name, had entered the core of the planet. Sephiroth hadn't cared for whether or not any other Divine was going to move into the core. He had assumed that since Isamy was no longer in view, that she had already entered the core, so he would now enter himself to see what lye in wait.

"Welcome, to the Inner Periphery. I was not expecting you in particular, but it matters not. The Herald will arrive, and everything will be set. Do not bother searching for the Key." Ophelia continued in a disinterested, this time addressing the newcomers.

Sephiroth merely stared at the figure who had been speaking to him. Why would he bother searching for the key, as if she was going to leave it in a small dish on her coffee table.

"I regret to say this, but you are going to perish here. If you have any last words, now is the time to say them, as you will not get another chance. Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee that you will be granted a painless death. I must apologize for that inconvenience, but remember, you are the one who optioned to persevere up to this point. You have only yourself to blame... for the suffering to come."

"Suffering?" The One-Winged Angel had said to Ophelia while smirking. "Yes, you certainly shall soon know it..."

Near the Inch of Will

Not taking part in the large scale battle that had just occurred, Predaking remained perched on the ground,  Ra had fused with an assailant and caused more chaos in the process, but thankfully this Xansvita character's plans had been foiled.  A resounding victory was soon drawn, and Ar+thuria congratulated his allies.  In lieu of their victory, the bald warrior, Kratos, had emerged from his slump inside of Foster's ship with a different attitude, and . .  .a strange being in the palm of his hands.  It appeared to be made of a type of plasma, but was no tangible by Predaking's sensors.  Kratos said it was an ally, and it took the shape of a monster like puppy.  He had even requested that his allies name it.  Now scanning through his databanks, Predaking almost immediately found a suitable but powerful name that would fit this "soul companion".  Collapsing his wings and assuming a more humanoid state, he walked over to Kratos and attempted to seize the dog.  He ran his hands over and through the pup, but it seemed only Kratos could touch it.  This was both strange and unnerving, but miraculous at the same time.  The only word that would fit such a marvel would match this pup's existence exactly.

"Chernobyl.  You should call this pup, Chernobyl."

Kratos didn't know the meaning behind the word, "Chernobyl", but he did like the way it sounded.  He nodded his head in agreement, and Chernobyl licked his face in response.  "You like it then?"  Chernobyl barked once.  "Ah, you're intelligent even."

"It seems the creature already has some understanding of this plane of existence.  But what is it?  It is not physical except unto you, Kratos."

"It is a soul.  A hellborn pup.  He was manifested of my emotion, and is attached to my heart."

"Attached to your heart?"  Predaking modified his vision to look directly at Kratos' physically beating heart, but saw nothing out of the ordinary.  "I detect nothing of the sort.  Are you certain?"

"Not physically, Predaking.  Only certain people can see the soul chain attached from Chernobyl to my heart.  He will keep me under control.  And I, to he will do the same."

"I'll take your word for it.  Will you train it?"

"Of course!  He and I will do battle and become partners.  Chernobyl will be feared and respected.  He will be the symbol I use to never let my blind rage endanger my allies.  Ever again."  Kratos turned back to Chernobyl, who barked again, and began to skitter around in his palms.  "Go on then.  Go meet the rest of your team, Chernobyl.  But be quick about it.  We will have work to do."  The pup was released and began to scurry around to various members of the Counter Corps.  His first target:  The Inch of Will's Captain, Foster.  The pup ran inside the ship and began to circle Foster, sniffing at his feet, barking at him for attention. 

Tsunugai and Richard

The two godly forces sighed. They were annoyed. Xansvita doesn't seem to understand the power that they both wield. They didn't need the Door of Origin to become a god. They were already near the point of full ascension. But with the power they had, they'd have to be forced to use enough to do away with these creations of the Warlock and make sure that that power can return to him as a means of gaining the upper hand once more. They had no choice, but to obliterate them into nothing.

"Never..."

"...underestimate..."

"...OUPOWER!!!"

Unleashing more of the incomprehensible power that they wield, they both proceeded to punch the barrier of darkness that somehow made it into Tsunugai's perception. The combined force caused the barrier to shatter into nothing. However, the Trinity Mammoth and Fellwraith both had made it to the two. The Trinity Mammoth attempted to pounce on Tsunugai. While at the same time, the Fellwraith conjured up what appeared to be a large ball of destruction. The moment the Fellwraith attempted to smash this energy ball onto Richard, an explosion had rocked Tsunugai's perception, the size being that of a detonated atomic bomb. The explosion caused the orb on the outside (In which everybody could view what was going on) replaced the view of the perception with a blinding light.

That blinding light had lasted until before the Inch of Will unleashed its railguns on Xansvita. At that point, the orb started to shrink into nothing, slowly revealing Tsunugai and Richard reappearing into the Barrier. However, they never would have thought this would happen. This surprised even them. The Inch of Will was in fact capable of unleashing a power that could kill even a god. They began to wonder if they even deserve the powers they have received. If worlds can create the power to destroy even gods, then why do they have these powers when they can lose them just as easily? They've learned that keeping such powers are far less guaranteed than originally perceived.

Well, Tsunugai has, more or less.

The two watched as the former Warlock turned to stone. When everything died down, Tsunugai went over to what remained of Xansvita's physical form. And nothing could have prepared anyone for what he was about to say.

"And so, the great despair-driven warlock-familiar has reached its ultimate end..." He then reverted to normal.

"To think that I will never have the chance to tell this shell of a man of what despair truly does to someone. Despair is not power. Despair causes you to think in an unclear way, and you are at risk of making a mistake. Over and over again, you have made the mistake of believing that only one should exist and not the other. To fully understand despair, is to understand what it takes from you. It drains you of everything that would rather delay an inevitable fate, including death.Until...you only have hope. With despair comes hope, and with hope, comes the ability to become all that you can be. However, many can never fully comprehend despair taking all that is apart of you, and leaving hope.

"Despair comes in all forms. And if you truly believe in hope, it is what you fight with when all else is lost. To believe in hope is to use your despair and use it for a brighter tomorrow. You learn from your despair, and hope is there to steer you in the right path. But there is exists those who don't believe hope can bring peace. Despair comes from your experiences in the past. If you can't learn from it, if you can't let go of what you lost, if you use this despair to try and create a world where peace is an illusion and everything you lost is returned to you, then what is it that you have learned? You have learned that you are corrupted. You will never understand what hope can do. When you go through experiences that torment your very soul, you should not assume that all is lost when you have one chance left!

"My despair sucked me dry. When I returned to who I was, all i had left were memories of a past life, and hope for a better future. Farewell, Xansvita, for all eternity..."

And with that, Tsunugai and Richard returned to the Inch of Will, awaiting for whatever else may come across them.

But then, Tsunugai turned to Richard. "You know what happened right? What he became? Does his soul still exist?"

Richard sighed. "No. Xansvita killed Sykes in order to ascend into godhood. We are warriors with godlike capabilities. There's a large difference between those circumstances. Our souls will remain intact after we die and enter the afterlife. But because Sliske was in fact a god himself, the rules of life and death changed for the Warlock. He took the chance, believing he's immortal an nothing could kill him. But when death came for him, his soul was consumed into the void of the unknown, where even we can never reach. His soul is destroyed, unable to reach the afterlife for whatever reason. He is no longer a threat. But Ivero may be the last thing to worry about to do away with these Witches and Warlocks."

Tsunugai seemed at ease now. "Good. The last thing we need is for this to be dragged on any longer, even though he had a chance to face what was making him delusional. His fate definitely trumps the thought of eternal punishment and suffering."

Maxwell & Kurai

Maxwell and Kurai's hearts nearly dropped when the railguns fired at Xansvita. It seemed impossible, but considering the universes they've been to, there's no doubt that any universe is capable of unleashing incomprehensible fury on godlike entities and do damage. Maxwell didn't know whether to ask Foster if the railguns had used the majority of the power of the Inch of Will, or if he was still going to go through with allowing Maxwell to be connected to Bradbury and the OC Drive in an attempt to reach the core. Then again, with the core now accessible, Maxwell wondered if the plan was still salvageable, and not a complete waste.

He wondered if they could even escape from the core after Ophelia was dealt with.

Then Kurai interjected. "Tell him..." was all he said, and it was all he needed to say.

Maxwell went up to Foster and took a deep breath. "Foster, I have something to say. It seems as though this idea of mine that I brought up a while back was fairly plausible. So, I was just wondering if there's any chance that this plan can still be used. I mean, if you think about it, what will happen when we reach the core? My plan may be the only chance of getting out if where we're going is a point of no return. Please don't take this the wrong way, but had we just gone with the plan before Xansvita showed up, but after Eria's reunion, none of this would have happened. Which reminds me: the railguns you used, how much energy was used to fire it? If the power supply is below 50% because of what you did, we're screwed unless you can do something about this."

He sighed, relieved that he got to say what he needed to say. Then he noticed an intangible Hellborn puppy. He couldn't help himself, and said something stupid. "I think it likes you, Foster." He then chuckled, while Kurai moaned in disgust.

Well, THAT ruined the moment...

(Current Location: Inch of Will, Layer II-B2)

Betwixt And Between:

Heat.

Light.

Fire.

Power.

All of this power.

That's all Izumi could feel racing inside of her, flowing into her, out of her, BECOMING her. A conduit had forged itself inside of her, crossing time and space to a far-distant star that was so glad to have its other half back, only to find that the scales were no longer calibrated properly. Izumi's side of things was uneven as the regular flow of solar power Itsu constantly had at her fingertips, a resource to be utilized when she needed, spilled out of her unhindered. TESLaRC/Kamui Hiiro Jinketsu disengaged, enacting its own protocols to ensure its survival, blasting off of her and reverting back to a suit that fluttered down into Yuki's arms. She shielded herself from the bright light, the newborn star in front of the ship that had just killed the previous god. The realm around them rippled and bulged from the mass increasingly greatly, detritus and miniscule bits of matter floating up towards her. And anyone nearby had to escape or be ignited from her incredible heat. Finally, with a shuddering burst of light and energy, a bright figure floated down in front of the place where Xansvita had died. Her skin was a radiant white, unable to be looked at directly for risk of going blind. Golden wisps of plasma encircle her, coronal discharges looping around their lazily. Her hair was a yellowish-white plume of stellar matter, flowing out from her head like a massive flame, with red streaks interlaced into the plume, and Izumi's signature red bangs remaining to frame her face. Finally, on her face, a yellow mark etched itself into her skin below her left eye, which opened to reveal sunspots, black masses with lash-like tendrils of darkness merging with the rest of the star-woman. She cried out as wing-like projections of solidified light and heat burst from her back, vents to extrude her emissions into the surrounding air with. She reached for the staff, which was miraculously intact from all of this, drawn to its power, and hoping it would bring some change to her flawed existence as a goddess unable to control her powers.

[Yukari Yakumo]

Yukari silently watched over from a distance as something that she had no knowledge of blasted into the core of the planetoid, crating a massive crater on it. And then she saw Isamy forcing her way into it with her scythe, and then some other individuals also entered the metallic sphere. Meanwhile, Ran and Chen was seemingly panicking over something, and Tenshi was unconscious for some unknown reason.

“And here I thought things would go smoother.

But eh, this is fine too.”

Yukari then slashed  open the air in front of her, creating a gap which from it she pulled Ran and Chen, both of them seemingly didn’t notice anything yet.

“Dammit, it’s all your fault!”

“Why me?”

“Both of you, shut the hell up!

Ran, be careful next time! Chen, stop being annoying! Geez, you two acted like little kids even after all the years..

Anyway, you two. Since you have joined in this battle, then I guess you should also join in to the core. And also, please watch over that scythe girl and the other people there, and tell me about any potentially highly dangerous individuals amongst them.

Understood?”

“Understood, milady.” Ran and Chen said in unison.

“Then go! Don’t waste your time frolicking here!”

The two shikigamis immediately darted into the core. After the two was out of her sight, Yukari created another gap in front of her, and this time, she pulled out a blue haired girl from it.

“Is it already time?”

“Yes. Yes it is, my dear.”

[Gengetsu]

"The battle is almost over, we shouldn't waste our energy when a greater villain stands by. Ophelia is no doubt in the center of the world, and we must be at the height of power in order to defeat her."

"Frankram-kun is right my dear. You shouldn't even be moving so much now in either case. You have lost too much blood and losing your wings has employed great shock to your body. You should be resting rather than thinking of conquest."

Gengetsu knew that their words were right, but just sitting there doing nothing, it pained her that she couldn’t do anything of use. But then, she noticed that none of the eels were left there, and the ones that were battling them had gone one by one into the metallic sphere in the center of the plane.

Without waiting for the other’s agreement first, she steered the drill and started to direct it straight into an opening in the core.

“Then let's just go straight into the core.”

Was it a wise move? Gengetsu couldn't care less.

[Kazuya]

Without waiting, Kazuya immediately jumped into the core, and he was transported into a blank world, one that Kazuya deduced as the inner world of the sphere.

Though, much to his dismay, he noticed that he was not the first that had arrived in the core, as several others had arrived there, including the long haired guy from before.

Mental note, next time I try to block a seemingly powerful person, I’ll use a higher level demon instead.

"Welcome, to the Inner Periphery. I was not expecting you in particular, but it matters not. The Herald will arrive, and everything will be set. Do not bother searching for the Key.

I regret to say this, but you are going to perish here. If you have any last words, now is the time to say them, as you will not get another chance. Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee that you will be granted a painless death. I must apologize for that inconvenience, but remember, you are the one who optioned to persevere up to this point. You have only yourself to blame... for the suffering to come."

A woman was also there apparently, and it seemed like she was threatening everyone there, he could assume that it was Ophelia. Well, if her threat held any weight in it, Kazuya shouldn’t even need to do anything anymore, as his current desire was to prevent any sides from gaining the key.

Though, didn’t Ophelia said about using the key for her own goal? That would make her to be another side that Kazuya had to overcome on his own, which will be a pain for him.

Ultimately, Kazuya decided to keep silent for now and watched the event in front of him unfolded before deciding on what should he actually do next.

Betwixt And Between:

Foster winced as the new source of light appeared out of the cockpit, prompting Bradley to polarize the glasteel Foster had been looking out of. Breathing a sigh of relief, Foster then turned around in his seat to see a pair of visitors. The first was the near-human that he had been working with to try and get to the Core, the second is some sort of strange ethereal fiery creature that looked to be somewhere between terrifying and adorable. The cybernetically-enhanced soldier had seen a lot of weird stuff since he became a part of Neighborhood Watch, but being sniffed at and barked at by this strange infernal puppy. He first talked to Maxwell. "Of course, Maxwell. The ship is still rather vulnerable, so we will need you to help out. And the ship should be back up to full capacity in a few minutes." He attempted to reach down to the little guy and hopefully pick him up and place him into his lap, where he can pet Chernobyl, though he made sure to let Chernobyl sniff his hand first. "Bradbury, external speakers." Foster commanded.

"You are live, Commander." The AI intoned.

"Alright, Counter Corps, listen up." Foster's voice carried out throughout the pocket dimension. "We won this battle, but we still have an objective to complete. Anyone who doesn't think they can survive the drop into the Core, saddle up and get inside. We gotta hustle. Sensors are picking up movement in there, meaning we aren't the first ones to arrive, but we hopefully won't be late to the party. Now move out!"

The Inch of Will

Chernobyl sniffed at Foster's hand.  An open hand was a welcoming, nonthreatening gesture, which he understood.  By sheer will, Chernobyl went from being a simple soul, to being a tangible, living, breathing, fire-induced, hell pup.  He hopped into Foster's lap, as his flames were doused.  Unused to his surroundings, he took notice of Maxwell and Kurai.  Chernobyl could sense the tension in Kurai's disgusted moan, and tilted his head ever so slightly so he could see Kurai clearly from Foster's lap.  He was a bit confused as Foster spoke out to the Counter Corps now, but it caused his ears to perk up as the speakers blared throughout the area.  Chernobyl rolled over twice in Foster's lap before standing back up again, and jumping down to the floor once more.  In Chernobyl's mind, his venture was successful.

"Arf!" he barked to no one in particular, as he became intangible again.  This time he circled Maxwell and Kurai, zig-zagging between their legs, only stopping to be tangible again when he looked up at Maxwell.  He gently butted his head against Maxwell's leg to get his attention, slightly singeing his pants leg.

Meanwhile, Kratos and Predaking approached from outside after hearing Foster's call.

"Hmm?"  Predaking said to himself.  "I'm detecting a new heat signature from the Inch of Will."  Poking his head in the door, he could see the now physical Chernobyl at Maxwell's feet.  "What in circuits--can this pup change it's worldly presence at will?"

"Appears so," said a bewildered, chuckling Kratos.  "Chernobyl.  Here," he said pointing to his feet.  Chernobyl's ears perked up again as he recognized Kratos' call.  He ran over to Kratos' feet and sat looking up to him.  "Good boy.  When we get to where we're going," Kratos said crouching to Chernobyl's level.  "We'll have to work hard.  Are you ready?"  Chernobyl circled his tail and sat down again, with a one bark reply as he sat.  Kratos matted his head and picked him up.  "Good.  Who have you met then?"  And then Chernobyl showed off his intelligence.  He took a three legged stance in Kratos' palm and pointed his nose at Foster.  "You can understand pretty well then can't you?"

"It's--"

"His.  His." Kratos interrupted immediately.

"Hm.  His intelligence is quite surprising.  Chernobyl is learning at an incredible rate.  Which reminds me.  I've something I'd like to discuss with more. . . technologically advanced members of the Corps.  I'll return shortly," he said wandering to the back of the ship.

Kratos watched as Predaking strolled away.  Kratos hadn't met Maxwell or Kurai yet, so he took the time to introduce himself to the duo.  Holding Chernobyl on his shoulder, he stretched out a hand.  "I do not believe we've met.  I am Kratos.  Demigod, and former god of war of my time."

Predaking

Stumbling across a highly advanced laboratory, Predaking knocked politely before crashing through the  doorway, nearly taking out a girder.  "You there madam," he said to Kokonoe.  "I require your assistance."

Maxwell & Kurai

Maxwell had a mixed response to what Foster told him. But he got his point through nonetheless.

He then saw Chernobyl running up against his leg. He found it impressive that this hellborn puppy can become tangible at will. He knelt down to him and gave a smile. "Well, aren't you smart AND adorable." he said to him. Kurai moaned again. "You don't have to stay with me if you're gonna be like that." Kurai didn't speak. Chernobyl then ran out before Maxwell could pet him. He then stood up. "Good job." he said sarcastically. "It wants attention. It probably went back to its master." And boy was he right.

Maxwell then turned his attention to Kratos walking up to the two. And when he saw Chernobyl, he finally understood where he came from. Maxwell shook Kratos' hand. "I'm Maxwell. And this is Kurai. He tends to be distant. Anyway, I hope we can fight together on the battlefield someday." Kurai then walked out of the room. Maxwell was surprised. And now he was getting annoyed. "Could you excuse me for a moment?"

He followed Kurai into the hallway. Something about him was now off. "Kurai, what the hell is wrong with you?" Kurai merely scoffed. "If this is about Jin's death, it shou-" "This is about your choices recently." Maxwell gasped. He was surprised that he'd even say such a thing. "What you plan to do, what you're going to do, is suicidal, and you know this. You've never done Instant Transmission at this scale before. You don't know what will happen to you, and I'm not about to lose another member of this team." Maxwell couldn't speak. But he got angry on the inside. He walked passed Kurai, whispering to him, "If you were truly my ally, you would have faith in me." This time, it was Kurai who was surprised. But he didn't show it, especially when his face is covered up.

Maxwell sighed as he returned to Kratos. "Apologies for that. He can be very stubborn and naive. Now, were you gonna say something?"

(Current Location: Inch of Will, Layer II-B2)

Atop the Inch of Will

Sadly, Xansvita was dispatched in a relatively quick fashion, not allowing Ed a chance to fight. He sheathed his swords and watched the fight end. He went through all the work of getting a new power and it was all for naught. When he saw Sora emerge from Xansvita, surprise, relief, and happiness spread through his body. His friend wasn't gone forever like he made it out to be for himself. He flew from the top of the ship with his black flames, but at the last moment he saw Kratos and his newly created hellborn puppy, which made excited and distracted. Due to him being distracted, he nearly flew into the group that caught Sora and companions. He pulled his legs forward to stop his descent, blasting a wave of cold air in the group's faces. Safely back on the ground, Ed put his hands on his hips and exhaled. "Sora, it's good to see again."

Then the feelings hit him. After beating himself over the near-annihilation of Team Kenpachi, another one of its members comes back. Ed sighed again, taking it all in. "It really is good to see after so long." Ed wasn't sure he should embrace his once lost friend or not. He was so lost in thought that he didn't realize was on the verge of tears. He quickly rubbed his eyes with the sleeve of his coat. "Sorry, it's just...damn. You don't know how much I beat myself up over losing you and the rest of team, but now that you're here, it's almost too much. Welcome back, Sora."

Chandra IV-B1 -> Inner Periphery

At the same time as the loud explosion rocked the planet from nearby, burning into the shell underneath her, it busted open from her spell on top, leaving the third entrance wide open. Wasting no time, Chandra jumped right into the swirling vortex to find herself in a completely white realm, save for the being in the distance and the red sphere above her. As she watched, a few more people appeared in the core, so far entirely from the Divine as she watched on. 

"I regret to say this, but you are going to perish here. If you have any last words, now is the time to say them, as you will not get another chance. Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee that you will be granted a painless death. I must apologize for that inconvenience, but remember, you are the one who optioned to persevere up to this point. You have only yourself to blame... for the suffering to come."

Deciding it might be better to avoid drawing any attention to herself until her allies could arrive, she didn't speak and didn't outwardly react aside from a raised eyebrow. Still, she watched on with interest, curious as to what would happen next.

Darcy IV-A2 -> Inner Periphery

With the entrance to the core opened up by Isamy, Darcy flew down into the portal, interested to see the white realm inside, now starting to have people appear around it.

"I regret to say this, but you are going to perish here. If you have any last words, now is the time to say them, as you will not get another chance. Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee that you will be granted a painless death. I must apologize for that inconvenience, but remember, you are the one who optioned to persevere up to this point. You have only yourself to blame... for the suffering to come."

"Do you seriously think we'll just allow you to kill us so easily. I would have thought you'd give up after your summoned puppets were defeated and the trees failed to hurt us, but I guess you're at least persistent."

With a smirk, Darcy flew up into the sky, trying to get a better read on just what the red sphere was even as she continued to watch what was happening, choosing not to strike yet.

Ayame IV-A2 -> Inner Periphery

Entering the portal after the witch, Ayame looked around to see the white realm around them. With a sigh, she released the shroud around her body, the black shadows covering it vanishing and returning her to her normal state, or at least the normal state of possession. Looking around the place, she took careful note of the cyborg standing in the middle who started to say something as well as the red sphere above it's head, carefully looking through her memories for anything similar as she watched on to see what would happen.

|_)Magical Girl Lydia(_|

As she powered down from her assault, Lydia was nearly blown backwards herself by the force of the railguns she was floating above. She performed an acrobatic pirhoutte of the handlebar in the air as she gave an annoyed look to the Inch of Will. "Could have warned me first" she grumbled, though somehting else caught her eye.

It was the blue gem she had summoned from herself, though much of its colour was faded. She grasped it gently with three fingers as she inspected it. "It's almost tapped, maybe enough for one last ditch attack. Weird, I thought I was using all of its power. That was us. ? You know what happens when you use all of its power, and we don't want to leave, not just yet. Yeah, we don't want to go back to the castle. So we purposefully held back its power so we can remain here. Our physical card bodies don't mean anything so long as our spirits exist. Hmmm, sorry, I forgot about that part didn't I? It's the last remaining link to the Barrier, and if it's drained, the Barrier will go. *sighs* Well, my head feels more clear now that the Regret are gone. I guess though I couldn't fulfil their desires, they were content enough to end LERNA's legacy. Good on them" she thought as the ice block she was using descended to the cargo bay, which she entered with a happy little smile.

[iI-B2] - Sora, Kairi, Roxas, Xion, Kree'arra, & Zilyana

With Xansvita dead, the Barrier he had formed slowly dissolved, returning the Counter Corps to the Sphere Forest. Kairi held Sora up, while Kree'arra continued carrying Roxas, with Zilyana sighing as Xion winced in her arms.

"We mustn't forget what we came here for," Zilyana reminded Kree'arra.

"There is no way I would," Kree'arra said.

A light began to shine, attracting the attention of the two generals. "What in blazes?!"

"It must be the human that used that dragon's swords against him!"

"She's ascending!"

Kree'arra and Zilyana set Roxas and Xion down, watching as Izumi began her transformation. They shielded their eyes, the light shining from Izumi blinding them. She began to reach for the Staff of Armadyl, but Zilyana was quick to react. She began to run towards the staff, but as she got closer, she could feel the overwhelming heat that Izumi was giving off. Her skin began to sting as she could feel it burn, and she stepped back.

"Zilyana," Kree'arra said. "We have to be careful. Look around you. These people… I think we can trust them. We must be reasonable. The power that once belonged to Guthix now flows through her. Perhaps she'll be more accommodating than Sliske or that dragon were."

"Trust me, she's okay," Sora answered behind them.

Zilyana turned to Sora, raising an eyebrow. "And you are?"

"I… I used to be that dragon. Xansvita was his name. I had a few souls in my heart." He nodded at Roxas and Xion. "Those two were some of them. The other two, though… one of them was the darkness of another. He was Vanitas. He became Xansvita. But, he's dead. Thanks to Itsu, or whoever she is now."

Zilyana scoffed. "So, the souls that you held became this Xansvita, then? In other words, it's your fault he came to be in the first place."

"Quiet, Zilyana!" Kree'arra demanded.

"Oh, you've grown enough of a backbone to talk back to me, have you?"

"Come on, both of you," Kairi said. "Do you even understand what we just had to go through? The other soul, Ventus, just sacrificed himself so our friends could finish Xansvita off!"

"Did he?" Kree'arra asked. "I am sorry. What was his name?"

"Ven," Sora answered.

"Your friend has my gratitude," Zilyana said. "May he…" Kree'arra turned to Zilyana, and Zilyana looked back. "…I am sorry. Your friend… cannot rest in peace."

Roxas and Xion began to stand as Sora simply stared at Zilyana. "What do you mean?"

"The gods must pay a price when they ascend."

"What price?"

"They forfeit all right to an afterlife," Zilyana answered. "His soul is-"

"I think he understands!" Kree'arra snapped.

Sora looked down at the ground, unable to speak. Ventus had used his last moments to save everyone, and it cost him his soul. "Ven. He didn't know."

Kairi stepped away from Sora, but still held his hand. "Sora… I don't know what to say."

Sora took a deep breath, and sighed. "He wanted us to save him. But…"

"But what?"

"…No, I can't."

"Wait can't you do, Sora?"

"You don't know why all these people are here, do you?"

"I've only caught a few details. You're a part of the Counter Corps, and trying to fight some people called the Divine?"

"Right. There's something called the Door of Origin, which people can use to change every universe however they want."

"Then you can bring back Ven!"

"I know, but… the Counter Corps isn't supposed to abuse it."

"But-" she stopped herself. "I guess you're right. It sounds too powerful. We can't let anyone use it for the wrong reasons. I just thought it would help."

"No, it's fine."

"Hey," Roxas called to them. "We should head out."

The group looked around, and they could see the smoke slowly gathering around the sector. No one argued, and Sora, Kairi, Roxas, and Xion all made their way to the Inch of Will. Kree'arra began to approach Izumi, but stopped to face Zilyana. The icyene's focus seemed to be elsewhere, as she was smiling. "Don't even think about it," he said.

"Oh," Zilyana snapped out of wherever her mind was. "Don't ruffle your feathers, Kree'arra. You won't need to worry about a thing."

As Sora led his friends onto the Inch of Will, Ed began to approach, crying in joy that Sora had come back. "It's okay, Ed," he told him. "However, there is still something we have to do. Xansvita transformed Nero and turned him into an Unversed named Ivero. We have to stop him. We may not have to kill him, though. Itsu and I both had people save us from being LERNA's Familiars. Maybe we can save Ivero from having become Xansvita's." He looked back at the rubble that was once Xansvita's body. "We still have hope," he smiled.

[Tenshi]

The world inside her had changed drastically, enough to stop Tenshi from complaining that the place had become boring for her.

No more white rooms, no more hallways. Now it was only a vast, empty field, with pitch-black sky above it. In several parts, the land and the sky was consumed by some sort of void, like a leaf eaten by a caterpillar. It felt like a hollow world, on the brink of ending. After walking for a while, she stumbled upon the bad-mouthed, short-haired version of her, walking aimlessly.

“Lotsa things happened here. You missed lots.”

“Hm?”

“Lessee, first of all, that other short-hair idiot disappeared all of the sudden, then everything started going crazy and stuff.

Also, seems like something was forcibly torn from here or something.

Something like, a part of your precious soul? I don’t know the exact though, but I could feel it.”

After she finished hearing the explanation from the other her, the pain suddenly returned to Tenshi. The pain of having one’s soul mutilated. The feeling of incompleteness. Tenshi then screamed in pain, but her voice was absorbed by the dark sky. The other self only watched in silence, not able to do anything. It was starting to be a bad dream.

Then something suddenly forced Tenshi to return to the real world.

[Tenshi and Gengetsu]

“Let me handle this from now on.”

“But-“

“No buts. It wasn’t anything, trust me.

Just..please let me handle this from now on, and you should take a rest. I don’t think you’re fit enough to drive this thing. And your hand… please, don’t you say that you forced your way to my sword?”

“..Said the one that had just fainted after screaming about pain or something.”

------------------------

Despite Gengetsu’s protests, Tenshi managed to drive the drill into the core without much problem on the way. But much to her chagrin, the drill immediately crumbled as they were transported into wherever the core took them.

Then she realized that someone was missing. Whether this was good or bad news was debatable, but someone was definitely not there.

“Hey.

Where is Hapshiel?”

[Yukari Yakumo]

“This is it then. No turning back. We’ll do this together, Amato!”

Yukari couldn’t help but smile as the girl in front of her was seemingly talking to herself. But things like that should be saved for later, as their mission was the most important thing to do.

“I believe she’ll be fine right now.  But now, you two should just focus on your mission rather than indulging your selves on meaningless banter.”

The girl immediately turned her attention to Yukari. Even though the girl in front of her should be a normal human, she didn’t seem to mind about the increased gravity and the heat from the lava, thanks to the barrier that Yukari had formed around the girl.

“Now, let me do another rundown on your mission.

Objective: Retrieve the Key of Origin at all costs.

Addendum: Try to avoid direct confrontation as necessary. Even with Amato’s power, you two won’t last long if pitted against who you will find down there.

With that said, I wish you luck.”

Soon after saying that, Yukari pushed the blue-haired girl into the gap behind her, and she reappeared right beside the core. It seemed like most of the others were already managed to enter the sphere, so it would be possible that Tenco could sneak behind the more dangerous competitors.

Despite all of this though, Yukari knew damn well that this wouldn’t go as she had planned.

"What...?!" Alister uttered almost tearfully as he gingerly picked himself up from the ground.  "But... Red...!  I... I can't do this, knowing... knowing that you and I would have to be enemies...!  I... I CAN'T!!" he shouted out as he fell to his knees again, trying and failing to hold back his tears.  "... I can't...."  Ratchet ran over to the General's side, attempting to console him.

Alexander, meanwhile, was beginning to feel sick; he knew that, regardless of Alister's choice, the General was essentially forced to oppose a friend, whether it would be Ratchet and Alex, or Red....  "... dammit," he cursed under his breath, fist clenched tightly.  There was no other way around this, was there?  Could Alexander become desperate enough to bring Red in by force, or... or even have himself and Ratchet join the Divine--no, what was he thinking?!  When would that ever be considered an option??

Alexander sighed ruefully.  "... there's nothing we can do about this...."  He looked up toward Alister and Ratchet, watching as the younger did his best to ease the elder's woe.  "... Alister," Alex spoke after a long pause,  "... you don't have to come back with us.  I mean, it's still your choice, and we won't stop you, but--"

"Alex...," Alister calmly spoke as he once more got up from the ground, wiping his hand against his face, "I know what you're trying to do... and I appreciate it, really.  But... ... it would just be selfish of me to stay with the Divine... even for a friend...."  He turned to face the other lombax, his expression now closer to neutral.  "I've... I've been selfish for too long.  Even my desire to bring back the lombaxes... even that was... a bit self-serving...."

"Alister...."

"Like I said," Alister continued, his mouth now a small, sad smile, "I'm not the first to admit that I was wrong... I just... ... I just wish things could be different...," he added as he turned to look in the direction that Red had left.

Ratchet placed a hand on Alister's shoulder.  "Don't worry, Al.  Red seems like the kind of guy who can take care of himself.  Besides, we don't have to fight him.  Right, Alex?"

Alexander nodded in agreement.  "Well, Alister... is your decision final...?"

Alister remained silent for a few more moments, reflecting on the events that have lead up to this point.  "... ... the way I see it," he said, "the lombaxes will be in far greater danger if I stay with the Divine.  I won't allow myself to be their downfall again."

"...."

"...."

"... that's a "yes", if you didn't get it," Alister huffed out.  "Now, c'mon, we can't waste anymore time here," he added with authority as he lead the way to the Inch of Will.

Alexander and Ratchet each made a brief glance toward each other, still unsure of the recent development, yet in the end decided silently between themselves that it was for the best as they followed behind Alister.  Alister, meanwhile, still with his back toward the others, cried one more tear.  "... I'm sorry, Red," he whispered to himself, "... and goodbye...."

Meanwhile, on the Inch of Will....

"GODDAMMIT, Tager!" Kokonoe shouted as she heard the sound of things crashing behind her while at her computer terminal, "how many times do I have to tell you to be careful around our $#!+--"

"I'm over here, Kokonoe," Iron Tager corrected, standing over by Kokonoe's right.  Meanwhile, a still-bound Dr. Nefarious could be heard laughing off-screen.

"... oh, yes, so you are," Kokonoe uttered humbly before turning her attention to the cybernetic visitor who had just "walked in".  "... ah, yes, "PredaKing", right?  And what exactly brings you here--no way, let me guess.  You're here to acquire a bit of my help, aren't you?" Kokonoe spoke, completely sure that her guess was correct.  "Well, you've got it, buster... but, it'll cost you."

"... oh gods, Kokonoe," Iron Tager uttered in comical horror, "you don't mean--?!"

"Well, what else did you think I mean, Tager?  It's not like this is a goddamned charity, after all!"  She quickly turned her attention back to PredaKing and, in an oddly-motherly tone completely out-of-character for the Sector Seven mad scientist, said, "Now, PredaKing, just tell your Aunty Koko what you need, and I'll see what I can do."

"... Aunty Koko--?!"

"SHUT IT, TAGER, OR SO HELP ME YOU'RE GONNA GET THAT "ENHANCEMENT" I KEEP BRINGING UP!!"

Elsewhere on the Inch of Will....

"Seriously, though," said a man in a sleeveless orange hoodie to Ruby Rose as the two walked down a hallway, "if I hadn't mucked around here, I coulda been out there kicking some serious butt!"

"Aw, c'mon, Lea, there's always next time, you know," replied the young girl.

"Yeah, but I wanted to go NOW!  I would've been all, "WATAAAAAA~~~ HOOOO-HYAH!!" Lea shrieked as he struck various kung-fu poses.  Amused, Ruby follows suit, completely oblivious to the stares they were getting from the other passengers.

"UGH!" Weiss scoffed as she, Blake and Yang watched the spectacle from down the hall.  "Seriously?!  Could she just for once act like a normal, mature, responsible person?  I'm beginning to wonder why we take her out in public...."

|_)Red, the Arisen(_|

Turn back. Red continued walking, though his sharp ears could figure out what the Lombaxes were saying. Turn back. His gait slowed noticeably as his test continued to grow tighter. Turn back. He continued to slow, until he stopped altogether. He just stood there in the lower shell. Turn back whippernsapper. His neck muscles tightened as he resisted the urge, the desire to do what was in his heart to be right. Turn back.

He wanted to wrench out his heart, if only to make the pain stop. Turn back sweetie. To think, to know that eventually he will be forced too... Bah, why was he getting so attached to someone... who knows his pain. A solitary shining tear escaped his yellow eyes and splished onto the ground below, before evaporating from the heat of the lower peripheries. "When the time comes... I will have to do what I must. To sacrifice all else for my world. Yes, it is selfish. But, for them, for all of them, I must do it. I HAVE to make it right... even if... my soul is stained forever."

His wings shook as they flexed wide, and his powerful legs buckled into a forced lift off. He made a graceful aerial curve in the air before plumeting down through the tunnel caused by the railguns. The heat of the core meant very little as he plunged through the surface and into the Inner Periphery.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|_)~Moe~ Scientist Frankram, Okama Queen Ivankov, & The Evangelist Hapshiel(_|

Frankram's glasses reflected the empty void of the Inner Periphery, which was quite a marvel. Frankram couldn't even tell if it was a marvel of magic, technology, or both. Either way, they were in an endless expanse of emptiness, but the key, nor Ophelia were anywhere to be seen. "Hey. Where is Hapshiel?" Tenshi inquired.

The events leading up to this were, well, he had chosen not to watch. Hapshiel's air kisses could leave people catatonic. The magnitude of his orgasm alone would render people blind, if they survived the near-nuclear impact of his pleasure. "He's probably back in the core. He'll follow, he's very good at tracking people. After he escaped last year he methodically hunted the students and staff down so he could give them his love. I don't want him following us, but he will be our best chanc against fighting Ophelia, especially if he can use Love Temptation on her" Frankram explained, showing quite a hefty bit of disgust at whatever 'Love Temptation' was.

Ivankov however, had this growing bit of curiosity that just had to be settled. As he stood there stroking his shin, he could feel that there was a certain spark about this man, and Ivankov just had to know. "Frankram-kun?" he purred.

The scientist gave a side-glance to Ivankov, who was slowly approaching. "Hold still" he commanded as his syringe fingers jabbed Frankram's side.

In an instant, everything changed. Frankram's well-adjusted body shifted as his sturdy ruler figure shifted to a very shapely hourglass. His chest bounced up and down, up and down as they went from A, to B, to C, and then settled on a very nice D as his hair whirled in the breeze, giving Venus herself a run for her money as the long locks effectively came to the backs of his knees. Ivankov twiste his head and smiled. He knew it, he knew that Frankram would be a very lovely lady. Not a Newkama, the man was too passionate for that; but, he had a respect for the female form. "Fascinating" Ivankov remarked.

Frankram seemed frozen in place as her eyes slowly shifted to her front. In there, on her chest. Her hands reached up and gave them a squeeze. The soft funbags yielded to her hands, and she released them; allowing them to return to their orginal state. Honestly, right now, right here. There was only one expression that could fit how he felt. "~MMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEE~" he cry echoed through the emptiness.

Her glee was very apparant as she inspected herself all over. The figure, the glasses, the scale. Everything was absolutely perfect. "Ivankov my friend, you truly are a miracle worker. This gift, this body, it perfectly idealizes ~moe~!" she declared with rapt excitement.

With a snap of her fingers a full length mirror appeared before Frankram, and she just began shuffling through so many different outfits, including her design for the MaU-con, which consisted of striped cat ears, paw gloves and a two piece tiger-print ensemble. Really, it almost seemed perverted.

-------------------

Elsewhere, Hapshiel was writhing in joy despite Kazuya having already left with his flies. Hapshiel's thick chets heaved as the sweat glistened on his body. His lipstick also shimmered in the heat and the pleasure as he finally got back to his senses. "Oh yes, that was wonderful. I came just a bit, but... oh? That sweat boy has gone. Oh well, I might see him again sometime. Now then, where did Frankram-kun and the others go?" Hapshiel inquired, before noticing the large rend in the magma pit and the core.

"Ready or not, here I come~<3" he giggled as he leapt into the Inner Periphery.

[iI-B2] - Arthur, MirageGaogamon || Eria, & Gagagigo vs. Solasiro

Though everyone was happy to see Xansvita finally vanquished, it lasted only for a brief moment. The path to the core was cleared, and the Counter Corps was gathering on the Inch of Will to make their way to Ophelia, but Arthur and Eria each had their own worries. Ivero was nowhere to be seen, and it didn't seem that he had vanished when Xansvita was killed, just as Xansvita himself had escaped when LERNA was destroyed. Fortunately, Sora had returned, though a couple other people had appeared as well. With any luck, perhaps Nero could also be saved. He wanted to go up to him, but he went back to Eria, while he gestured for MirageGaogamon to go the Inch of Will.

Solasiro folded his arms, smiling at the petrified remains of Xansvita. "Fascinating," he remarked. "Megiddo… you need to take this world. So many people from other universes here… it's exactly what you would need." Solasiro stopped as he found himself frozen up to his neck once again, with ice spikes forming all around him. "Ah, yes," Solasiro laughed. "Now that the dragon is dead, I truce has come to an end."

"You don't have to fight us," Eria said. "Otto is supposed to be my enemy, but whoever he's working for is keeping him in check. I… I don't know what to think of his mistress, but I'm not ready to trust her. All I know is that Otto is supposed to be my enemy, and yet he's fighting on our side. You're the same as him, right? A Dark Signer, right?"

The ice around Solasiro's right arm melted, the rest of it breaking soon after, as thunder struck down on the spikes that began to turn towards him. "That's where you're wrong, my dear," he sneered. "He and I are from different universes. Different covens. As far as I'm concerned, we're just two men who received extraordinary power, and even then, by now, I am only mostly grateful to it for two things: My resurrection, and the entertainment that summoning real monsters provides me with."

"There has to be a part of you that's human, right? No one is forcing you to serve Ophelia. Do you even know her?"

"No. But like I told you, I am happy to play my role."

Eria shook her head. "That doesn't make any sense. Just because Ophelia told you to fight me doesn't mean you have to."

"I'm aware of that. But Ophelia brought me back, so I believe I owe it to her to do what she asked of me."

"Brought you back? But I thought that it was your Dark Signer power that did that."

"This would be my second resurrection, actually."

"And yet you weren't happy about Otto calling the name of the god that you summoned."

"Megiddo has offered me something greater than what Ccoshobar could offer. I will serve Megiddo above all else. I would simply like to know what Ophelia has for me, and how she could fit into Megiddo's plans."

"Eria," Gagagigo interrupted. "We can't waste time talking with him. We have to move."

"He's right," Arthur added, joining up with Eria and Gagagigo. "You're wasting our time."

"Is that so?" Solasiro asked. "You don't understand anything, boy. Eria and Gagagigo are too unique as they are now. This an opportunity I cannot let slip by." He held up his left hand to Gagagigo, but Eria stepped forward, summoning an ice wall. As she began to keep it up, the color of the ice began to changed red. "So, Slifer's power is growing in you." With a snap of his fingers, Ccoshobar began to rise up again, howling. "Megiddo," he thought. "What do you think?"

"I too am curious about this Ophelia. I will allow to you side with her, but I'm afraid I must ask you to hold back on killing anyone. I would prefer it if this version of Eria was kept alive so that she could be brought to me. I have found a way to plot the course of the planetoid you are on, but their are certain… distortions. It will take time before I am able to retrieve you."

"I am sure I can keep myself occupied," Solasiro said aloud as he summoned his twin spears, their black poles glowing with crimson insignias, while the blades changed to the same color. Purple flames surrounded Solasiro, Eria, Gagagigo, and Arthur, trapping them all in a dome. "Tell me something, young man," he said to Arthur. "Why are you so special to Eria?"

Arthur and Eria shared a look with each other, but Eria answered instead. "Arthur needed people to help him appreciate what he was hiding from. I guess if someone else other than MachGaogamon had to help him, it was going to be me."

"D'awww," Solasiro teased. "So he just needed a nice little girl who could 'change' him? I expected better of you, Water Charmer." Ccoshobar howled once again, while the Dark Signer mark on Solasiro's left arm began to glow. "Very well," Solasiro muttered. "Sorry, Megiddo, but I'm afraid I'll have to let Ccoshobar have some fun, just for a little while." Eria summoned waves of water to attack Solasiro from the left and the right, while Gagagigo began flying directly towards him. Solasiro guarded with his spears, holding back both of Gagagigo's hands with one spear, while using the other spear to cast thunder magic into the streams of water. Eria quickly commanded the streams to subside, while Solasiro continued to smile. "Enjoy your feast, Ccoshobar."

The Earthbound Immortal snarled, digging his claws into the ground as he began to pounce at the Inch of Will.

Inner Periphery

It seemed like the place was getting really crowded really quick. A lot of creatures were walking into the portal and walking up to Ophelia. Hades looked at all of these different beings and then wondered what kind of creature this Ophelia person must be. If she was so confident that she could take on this many army of dimensional warriors then she must have some very unique abilities. Currently the only thing to truly notice would be the giant red ball that currently floats overhead. Hades actually went into deep thought about these horrible limitations that come from this fake body. Granted it would still take a little effort for him to do a lot of damage its just that its hard when your power base has been forced to change. Nevertheless he continued to observe this climatic event by taking more of a supportive role. 

Ragnarok was busy rocking back and forth tugging on Dorian's shoulder because he was so close to the awesomeness known as the One Winged Angel. Ragnarok kept trying to whisper in Dorian's ear. Oh my God there he is! Do you see him? He's...right..freaking...there! What? It's Sephiroth the ultimate specimen of swag. Did you see how he dealt with that man-in-white? It was so awesome. I mean sure I feel like baldy and I could've done something like that he made it look so effortless. Note to self  I have to get his autograph. Wow...is all that Dorian could muster as he was blown away by this high level of fandom. Um, yeah, what you said. So he's right there why don't you just ask him for an autograph or something. No you fool I just can't "ask" him like so sappy teenage fangirl. I have to do something cool and awesome first so he can casually nod at me in acknowledgement and then I nod back. Ragnarok literally began to swoon as he imagined the scenario he had just described out loud. Dorian simply face palmed and he wondered where Butler was. Surely whatever he was doing should not have been this time consuming. Oh yeah, baldy is napping. Ragnarok said very matter-of-factish. What? Dorian said very annoyed. Yeah as Kishin he doesn't really require sleep or anything ,being insane and all, but we all need some kind of rest period. We've expelled a lot of energy and effort ever since I evolved him to that new state and with no rest he's never had the opportunity to synch all of his gifts and whatnot. With this new trick we've just learned I thought it would be best if he just rested finally. Think of it like a computer. You installed all of this software, updates, and stuff so the computer needs a chance to restart. I'm sure I can handle everything for a while. Dorian could only stand still and let out a sigh of annoyance as he continued to watch as people continue to enter the portal. Time could've been used mentally practicing his use of cosmos, but he was enjoying this standing time before the big fight would go down.

Predaking

Predaking rotated his head 360 degrees.  "I thank you for time.  But you see, I'm here because I firmly believe the little power we of the Counter Corps currently possess, will be sufficient in our upcoming battles.  What I am proposing is a fall back plan.  A super weapon.  And it would be through me."

Predaking went on to explain how he too had been observing various members of the Counter Corps, and how he believed with Kokonoe's and his own technology, combined with the magic of the bald warrior, Kratos, and even perhaps a finishing turn by the futuristic mechanic, Ratchet, could turn Predaking himself into a weapon even more superior than the Inch of Will.  "Of course, we need to get their cooperation.  But according to my calculations, this could increase our combat efficiency more than one thousand fold.  This will be no easy task however.  Despite my observations, I still know very little about the Blade that Kratos calls from the sky.  And I feel that Ratchet and his partner would be hesitant to our cause.  Not to mention that fitting the Blade into my circuits would require a large amount of research.  We would have to see Kratos in battle with the Blade for a longer duration.  Or at least convince him to let us study it."

Meanwhile, Kratos was still playing with Chernobyl, who had insisted that he follow Predaking.

"You'll have to excuse me Maxwell.  I look forward to doing battle along side you," Kratos said as he allowed Chernobyl to lead the way.  Chernobyl hopped down, and snuck in behind Predaking, sniffing at his feet.  Curious, Chernobyl urinated on Predaking's foot. 

"Gah!  Rat!  Shall I exterminate you!?"

Kratos chuckled, picking up Chernobyl as he watched the urine evaporate immediately.  "No harm done.  But I did hear my name.  What is it you need Predaking?"

Predaking hesitated, but stepped up to his decision.  "Despite my concerns, warrior."  He sighed heavily.  "I'll need your help."  Explaining the situation again, Predaking made it as simple as he could.  Kratos nodded his several times in understanding, stopping once or twice to clear things up.  "I am however concerned that you will be lacking strength once you have poured a large amount of your magic into my circuits."

"You worry yourself too much.  Even without the Blade, Chernobyl and I will be more than formidable."

"Very well.  Then you will allow Aunty Kokoe and I to study the Blade?"

"I don't think so."

"What!?"

"Not here at least.  If I drew the Blade now it would destroy what's left of this ship."

"Well said.  I suppose then we'll have to study it outside."

Kratos left first, stepping outside of the Inch of Will.  Predaking stopped, turning back to Kokonoe.  "Will you be joining us then?"  Outside the ship, Kratos had found the perfect opportunity to present Predaking with the tests that he needed.  There was an odd creature charging straight at the Inch of Will.  And it didn't look as though it was prepared to greet them.  With a single leap, Kratos went head first at the Earthbound Immortal, as a blue hue engulfed him.

The Vault

"Al?" A voice crackled over a radio, clearly male and in the prime of his life.

"Yeah?" Another responded, this one also male and of the same age, but with a Southern twang.

"You ever wonder why we're here?"

"In what context?"

"Well, I've been thinking about our situation. We could've stayed on assignment on the luxurious colony of Emerald Cove, and just MAYBE get caught by the UNSC for the crimes committed by the Director, instead of taking some chick's offer to go 'serve a cause far greater than you ever imagined' and end up doing the same stuff we originally did."

"Relax. This job's always been rewardin'. We get paid well. We get treated well. And the Watch got a lotta cool gear we ain't ever used before. And all we gotta do is get Mitch ta request it!"

"And the armor upgrades were pretty nice. Much greater variety of helmets and stuff, too."

"See? All we have to worry about is getting these eggheads back home."

A pair of soldiers clad in powered armor, one orange with maroon highlights, the other forest-green with silver markings, walked across the starry floor in the starry room, examining various artifacts and items strewn across the infinite chamber that Isamy called her Vault. Nearby, a rather large grey and black spaceship consisting of a rectangular, curved middle section connected to a pair of large nacelles rested, a small group of crew working on various systems across its exterior. The soldiers belonged to a fire team of Neighborhood Watch Operators, under the direction of one of the divisions of the massive organization, Fleet Strike. Fleet Strike worked in conjunction with the other Fleet sub-directorates to provide ship-board protection and boarding parties, as well as small strike forces to be deployed from a ship in a variety of situations, such as providing an escort to an away team. Here, they provided the security for a small skeleton crew of about four dozen individuals, who were supposed to take the ship they were on out for a simple shakedown run and to test out the prototype drive system.

Unfortunately, that was far from easy in Neighborhood Watch, and about twenty-four hours ago, the ship ended up here, in the Vault, as the other inhabitants called it, with most of her systems offline, especially the aforementioned prototype drive. The core of the drive, a well-kept secret that not even Freelancer Team MAMI was informed of the nature of, also supplied most of the power to the ship, having a seemingly-limitless supply of juice. According to some information one of the squad had heard in the break room after his last patrol, the core, once it was back online, could be fired up to provide a feedback pulse to jumpstart the entire ship, like a pair of jumper cables. Or that's at least what he gleaned. Most of the technobabble was over his head, but that seemed to be the gist of their issues. Luckily, the ship had an auxiliary power source their mysterious assailant hadn't detected, providing them with the energy required to operate basic functions, such as landing gear and their mass effect fields, the life support on the vessel, and some basic sensory and communications capabilities.

"Team. Status report." A much more gruff voice chirped on the comms, interrupting their conversation, which had drifted into the metaphysics of interdimensional travel, and whether or not they were screwing up universes by trying to help them.

"Al here, hoss. We were just talkin' 'bout ya a couple minutes 'go. Nothin' butta buncha dead junk. Just like the last status 15 minutes 'fore thisun."

"Monty to Mitch. I have to agree with Al. We've been placing around these rows for hours, looking for anything else worth tagging, while Eye gets to ride along with the techies in collecting the really cool stuff. Sure the Vice Admiral doesn't have anything else on his shopping list?"

"Just keep your eyes peeled. If those survivors were right, we could have a flood of that Mad Blood stuff at any moment, with barely any warning. Plus, we have no idea how much of these items are truly inactive. That's why I sent out you two. If our pointman can't spot trouble, and our demolitions expert can't stop it, the ship is already in hot water."

"Gotcha. And what's our lil' lady friend sayin' 'bout the collectin'?"

As if on cue, a subdued soprano joined the chatter. "Last run. Rumor has that the core is almost fixed."

"Well, gentlemen, you got your wish. Head back to the Aeon. Double time."

The two former members of Project Freelancer simultaneously groaned before turning around, stowing their assault rifles, and booking it back to their posts. Meanwhile, nearby, a hovercraft with its lights on cruised through the corridors, looking for something, and one turn caused its lights to illuminate the ship of the ship, and reveal, in big letters, the designation the builders of the ship gave it...

[spoiler=NWTDNS-NNC-0000 And With Strange Aeons]

prometheus_by_hideyoshi-d528tbn.jpg

-=Kazuya=-

Kazuya was very bored, so he summoned several ball of light, and juggled them to pass time. But since he was not a clown, his attempt failed, and his balls dropped. With no balls to pass time with, Kazuya tried to think about something else to do in the meantime.

-=Ran Yakumo and Chen=-

After Ran and Chen managed to enter the Inner Periphery, they were left with nothing to do. The Key was nowhere in sight, and the one that seemed to know anything about its exact location was just watching over the warriors from the sides that were partaking in their war for the Key, or the Door. And despite her seemingly delicate appearance, Ran suspected that the sphere that floated around her would shield her from harm, so attacking or provoking her now wouldn’t be the best idea.

“Raaaan-shama, I’m bored. And hungry. But mostly hungry."

“Oh hi bored/hungry! My name is Ran Yakumo, nice to meet you.”

"Laaaaaame joke, Ran. Anyway, can I eat someone here?”

That would definitely be a stupid move, Ran thought. It seemed like the most powerful warriors from the multiverse were there, and they’re definitely not something that little Chen should try to prey on.

“No, you can’t.”

“Aww…”

Shifting her focus from Chen for a while, Ran started to think about what she should do now before the imminent bloodshed started. She got an idea not long after that.

“Chen, let’s take a walk around this place.”

“Why?”

“Why not?”

-=Gengetsu=-

“…Uh, this is starting to get quite weird.

I think I’ll look around here for other interesting things. See you all for a while.”

After Frankram changed his gender right in front of everyone that was on the drill, Gengetsu decided to get away from the others to avoid awkward situations, though it was actually because she noticed that Hapshiel was already inside the Inner Periphery, so she tried to get away from him, as far as she could.

---

Gengetsu looked around, and examined the place. There’s this white haired dude there, a group of dudes nearby, another dude(?) or fly or something or just a plain weird dude somewhere behind them, a girl with goggle-thing on her head there, another girl there that took off to the skies somehow (But eh, everyone did that in Gensokyo, it’s not a weird thing), a girl that was covered in shadow but cleaned up nicely there, and the cyborg girl that everyone were looking at, the one that said they would all die soon. Oh and there’s-

THUD

“Ouch, watch out dammit!

Oh hi Tenshi, decided to take a walk too?”

While Gengetsu was busy looking around, she accidentally bumped into Tenshi. But oddly, Tenshi moved away immediately from her, after looking at her questioningly. Oh, and it seemed like Tenshi somehow got a new hairstyle. Must be Ivankov’s doing. Gengetsu pondered if she should get a haircut too, but decided not to, and instead, she approached the woman with the goggles-like thingy on her head.

“Hiya there.

Seems like nothing is happening for now. Why don’t we spend our time here talking?”

-=Tenshi=-

Tenshi was jealous, jealous, jealous.

The mildly attractive glasses guy named Frankram had just changed into a very attractive woman right in front of her (seemingly thanks to Ivankov), and his (or her, it was more appropriate from now on) body was far more womanly than Tenshi could ever dreamed of. But Tenshi hid her jealousy behind her arrogance, as usual.

Tch, who needs a curvy body and big cups anyway?

…Wait, why there’s a mirror here? And why do you even bring all those outfits? And how?

Mental note: I’m surrounded by creepy people.

Tenshi’s jealousy almost made her lash to the two person in front of her. But, Frankram seemed quite happy about her new condition, so to prevent unnecessary arguments or battle and to respect the situation, Tenshi decided to keep silent for now, grumbling to herself.

After she shifted her attention from Frankram and her new body, Tenshi noticed a girl that looked really similar to her was walking around somewhere near them, but she decided to ignore her for now, chalking it up to her imagination. Something else came to her mind immediately.

“Uhh..so, what is actually going on here now?”

-=Tenco/Amato=-

Tenco successfully entered the sphere, and immediately transported into a vast, white space, quite similar to Tenshi’s mindscape, though less room-y and more white. A lot of people were already there, and the Key was nowhere in sight.

“Seems like they’re waiting for something. What should we do now?”

Eh, whatever. Let’s just look around and wait too.

“Oh well.”

Following Amato’s advice, Tenco walked around to see what else was in the vast plane in front of her, but on her way a girl bumped into them. The girl was oddly familiar to both Amato and Tenco, and she did recognize Tenco as Tenshi, so that would mean she knew about that Tenshi, and that Tenshi must be somewhere there. And after running away from the girl and continuing her walk, her suspicion was right. That Tenshi was somewhere there, around a woman, and a..man? It was unclear from her position.

“Dammit, and I thought she was somewhere else in this world.

What should we do about her?”

Nothing, for now. We must save our energy for the incoming adversary that Miss Yukari thought would appear here.

Speaking of which, seems like the mechanical woman over there knew something about it.

Amato were referring to the cyborg girl over there that had a sphere floating around her. She seemed to be the main enemy, so Tenco decided to watch her carefully, as that was the thing that most others do at that time. But her current position was not nice enough, so Tenco decided to-

THUD

“The third time this day? Man, I should better watch my steps from now on.

I’m sorry for bumping into you, sir. I hope this won’t be happening ag-

Oh god why.”

In front of her, something that she could only describe as perversion incarnate stood. She immediately ran away from him(?), as fast as she could.

Well, isn’t that really something?

“Shut up. Let’s just start formulating a plan to finish this mission.”

[spoiler=Status Update]

-Player Characters-

Kazuya: Waiting in the Inner Periphery

Tenshi: Have no idea on what actually going on in the Inner Periphery

-NPCs-

Ran&Chen: Walking around in the Inner Periphery

Gengetsu: Tried talking to Chandra

That other Tenshi(Tenco/Amato): In the Inner Periphery

-Notes-

Both Tenco and Amato are AU versions of Tenshi.

Tenco is from here: http://mangafox.me/manga/touhou_dj_tenco_no_tabi/

Amato is a MUGEN character, also known as Orochi Tenko.

Source: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11142143 (needs login)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJADwdHScVo

She's basically Tenshi given Orochi's power.

Inner Periphery
The Inner World of Butlerok

While Ragnarok was busy fawning over the glories of Sephiroth: the one who probably doesn't know Ragnarok exist. Butler was busy "resting" in his deep subconscious. As a trained bodyguard at his majesty's royal butler academy he was able to function with as little sleep as possible so being a Kishin did not come as total culture shock. Butler now unconscious decided to traverse the world in his own mind. Sort of like being in a lucid dream like state to the point where he could control the outcome. The setting for this new dream of his was a massive library that he proceeded to walk down. Of course the library was just a visual manifestation of the 103,000 magical grimroies that rest inside him. He simply strolled down them halls of books as he was trying to figure out which book he should delve into first. The first one he picked up looked somewhat familiar in a vague sort of sense. It was the Necronomicon. As he grabbed it from the shelf he could feel the disapproving gaze of an onlooker.

Captain Commander, what can I do for you? Butler said still looking at contents of the Necronomicon. 

What use do you have for a book that can raise the dead? The manner in which you kill does not leave a body for a soul to return to. In fact you do not even leave the soul. Are you doing this for that boy you call master? Do you think that you will be able to generate the magical power needed to drag his soul out of his new specter body and back into this body that you have kept stored and free from rot with this mysterious blood of yours?

Aren't you inquisitive, but to answer your question I do not have any intentions of the sort. During the battle with LERNA we attempted to use the power of these books and still fell short. I believe that is because I do not have full understanding of it. Now it seems I have downtime to actually read these text without the pressure of battle. 

The Captain Commander stroked his chin as he looked at the very tall stacks of books. It is fair to state that even if you understood the words written in these books you would not be able to utilize their power.

Why do you say that? Butler looked back with intrigue.

Some of these text are based on religious text. Meaning that one must be of that faith to use that power. I would gander you yourself does not have any religious affiliation.

Butler nodded. That is correct. I never had them before and especially after delving in this adventure I can hardly justify there existence now. But that is besides the point. If the grimrioes only respond to faith then maybe I can get some use out of this. Butler blinks and activates his Alpha Stigma. I have not had the opportunity to truly reap the benefits of this...gift. The Captain Commander looked a tad confused as all of this multiverse business was pretty foreign to him. Granted all of the knowledge that Butler possessed was already at his disposal. It was just that he didn't want to learn anything more than absolutely necessary. Also if he was going to be bonded to this immortal mad man then he should at least get to know the person. 

Butler waved his hand and in the center of this giant library a revolving staircase leading downward. The two walked downstairs into this makeshift underground dungeon as it seemed like Butler was giving his own tour of the place. The Alpha Stigma has the ability to analyze magic instantly and it is supposed to give me the ability to do whatever magics I see. Unfortunately the vast majority of magic I have countered so far involves mechanics unique to the people and their own worlds. Therefore I have been able to analyze the magics I have seen in combat. However I have copied some useful magics. Butler said as the two toured the underground. They kept passing spaces that represented the magics he copied and had at his disposal. 

What a chimera of powers you've assembled. I assume you were only able to ascend to this level of storage because of the soul reaper you had already assimilated. 

Butler turned back and he opened up a random door and the two went inside. This room was really a spire. A hollow tower filled with the countless wondering souls that Ragnarok has eaten. And seeming embedded in a wall was a small tiny golden light that was inside the sphere. That is correct, and I assume this is what you were looking for correct. The remains of Kenpachi Zaraki, Captain of Squad 11.

|_)Red, the Arisen(_|

As Red entered the whiteness of the Inner Periphery, he found himself aptly alone in the whiteness. His hefty bulk landed on what he supposed was land, but because all was the same how could one tell. He gazed off at the emptiness whilst his fingers drummed irritably on his staff. Each drum on his staff came faster and faster as his temper and frustration grew. His chest beat faster as the drumming came faster and as his shoulders hunched. Faster and faster and faster until he just couldn't take it anymore. "AAAAARRRRRRRRGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!"

His head pointed skywards as he unleashed his anguished roar, jets of flames launching from his gullet in incendiary fury. The elemental nature of his staff joined in the chorus as lightning crackled loudly around him, until he had no breath left. Red collapsed on all fours, his staff rolling away from his loose grip. Like a child he pounded on the ground furiously as he could not hold back his tears. "What do you want?" he begged of no one.

Unable to fight it, tears streamed down his face as his mind raced over the last five minutes. "Why do I care? It was just a four, five hour thing. Utterly meaningless... so why does it HURT SO MUCH!"

"He's not like the other Divine. He's pretty cool, for an old guy. And he was the only friend you had in this cruel quest. He was darn sight better than you were. He knows your pain. You saw yourself, in him."

All very valid points, Red knew that. But he just couldn't face it, prefering to wallow in his own self-pity. "So what? SO what if he knew what it felt like. To be the villain. He has his friends, with him. I was just an extra. He's better off with them."

Nothing? "And then what?"

Red stared up, to see himself. His clone was idly checking his purple nails as he wielded his Dark Gem Staff. "And then what?" the copy repeated.

"What right does a cheap trick have to question that of me?" he demanded.

The clone tilted back in feigned pain, but he couldn't help but laugh which didn't aid the facade. "Oh, very cute you miserable pile of dragon dung. You know full well what this, and what I am."

Red turned away in shame. "Someone I'd rather forget" he replied.

The clone tutted in annoyance, and grabbed Red's chin almost lovingly, idly swinging it back and forth but still forcing eye contact. "Ah yes, we'd very much like to forget. And everyone has, except, us. Whichever way we look, we're good for that matter. Past erased, bridges rebuilt, old scars mended. I would think we'd be ecstatic that we have a new chance for a fee life, even though it wouldn't last long. So why do you see so fit to bring back old wounds? To make everyone remember me?" it inquired in a chiding tone.

Red wrenched away, baring his fangs like an animal as he remained on his hands and knees. "DON'T TALK TO ME AS IF YOU ARE ME! You're just something that came into existence through the Sorceror's meddling. I have had nothing but good intentions for so long. I believed in a cause I considered just, what's so wrong with that? So stop trying to think you are me. You're just a darkness that came to control. So what? You succeeded for a short time, but I was saved. I was... saved" Red cried, but he felt, strangely reflective on that last part.

Red's Darkness tilted his head and gave an unconvinced look at Red. "You were freed from me, and you gave Spyro the means to free the rest of the world. You helped save it, one shouldn't ask more than that. But you do amuse us. 'Save me, save' you cry. You always want to be saved, You thought that Lombax could save you too. And look at that: He left you. Or, did you leave him?" it inquired.

Roaring in fury, Red grabbed his staff and struck. The Darkness sidestepped gracefully, before disarming Red with his own staff. "Pathetic, you know that? You think your power is so great, and that only you can solve the problem. Did it solve the problem with Titan when you came back? Did it solve the utilities of the Dark Gems? Has it solved any of your problems to date? Did it solve the heartache you feel now? Why do you try to do everything alone?"

Red's breath caught in his chest. His eyes kept dancing back and forth between his Darkness, and his staff. It was too far away to be retrieved, and he succintly doubted the Darkness would let him grab it. He had no choice, but to relent. "Because I am the only one who can do this. None of the other Elders knew of the disaster like I did. How would one even bring it up? "Oh yeah, completely forgot to mention, but the universe is ending soon." And then what would happen after that bombshell? Everyone would panic, and they would spend the rest of their days in complete fear. At least here... at least here. At least here I can do something about it. Even if I have to side with despicable entities like Sayer and what used to be Xansvita. Even if I have to damn every inch of my soul in this quest. I can at least be glad, that I saved them. I remember my crimes with full clarity. I know all that I did, and I know I enjoyed some of it. So, even if at the end, if I lose my life. I can die happily knowing I at least tried. This isn't some kind of quest for redemption; I already have it no matter how hollow. This is a quest to do what's right, even if I have to be wrong to do it. I am The Arisen. I will rise to any challenge and overcome it. It fills me with every inch of pain and sorrow that I must forsake my relations with Alister and his friends. But he has his place, and, I have mine. He was the person closest to ever understanding my pain; and if we ever meet on the battlefield... I will give it my all, as I know he will too. I hate it, I despise. I loath it with every inch of my being and wish it would never have to be. But that's cruel reality. That's our only reality. I have to save my world. For Tomas, for Titan. For Magnus and Astor. For Sensei. For Spyro, and Hunter, and Sparx, and Blink. For everyone I have ever harmed, I will gladly offer my life if it would save them. That is the purpose of my quest. I want no thanks, no appreciation, and no redemption. I want to do what's right to make up all I have done to those worlds. Under the Sorceror's control or my own. I am Red the Arisen, and you are meaningless!" he roared.

With a furious bellow, the Darkness flinched in shock as Red forced himself up and unleashed hellfire. It tried to resist, but the shameful copy was incinerated under his wrath, with not a trace left. Red's chest heaved up and down as he panted in his triumph. His staff having never left his hand as he gazed off into the sky. "Alister, I'm sorry it has to be this way. I never wanted to hurt you, but I'm afraid that I will be forced to. In the end, we will have to fight one another. We both know this. I hope you reach the same resolution that I do on this, and that you give it your all, as I will do. I'm sorry, Alister."

Red gazed upon the endless emptiness of the Inner Periphery, and simply waited, just for a little while.

Archived