Card Maker Update!

YCMaker

Update is really great! I love how the rarities look so much more realistic!

Any reason why the Normal monster text is so huge compared to the Effect monster/Spell/Trap text?

This could be because you are using less characters therefore the size of the text is at a normal rate besides Normal Monsters vary rarely require you to use more than 100 characters.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the cards seem to be working nice. I don't think their LQ. Looks fine to me.

Just found a new bug.

The card generator isn't giving me the image link. It gives me

[img][/img]

but no image link in side of those brackets.

I can suggest for FireFox users this add-on:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/imgur-uploader/?src=userprofile

You can right click, select imgur, and then hit quick upload.

And here's one for Chrome users:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/imgur-extension-by-metron/ehoopddfhgaehhmphfcooacjdpmbjlao?hl=en

Why accented characters only work in Normal Monster? Also, special symbols doesn't work in the card name

9vNPtPM.jpg   FYWOSaw.jpg

They both were supposed to show this: ÁÉÍÓÚ áéíóú ∞

The reason is that every template, for example Normal Monster and Effect Monster, use a different font file, that means that each font file supports differend characters, that's why the Normal Monster text can display: ÁÉÍÓÚ áéíóú ∞, and the other templates cannot! Also the same goes for the cardname text! It's the font file, and not the template! That's also the reason why we cannot use dots in the effects! The font files do not support it!

I found another bug!

iaKAwb2.jpg

The card text is cut off, the anything with qoutes "text" has &qout;text&qout; instead. You have to use singular qoutes, like 'text'.

EDIT: making two small qoutes: ' + ' = '' fixes it. It looks wierd, but it still fixes it.

Also, as you can see, text is cut off.

The full text is:

This card only be activated when a 'Kuriboh' monster activates it's effect. Select 1 monster with 'HERO' in it's name form your Graveyard, and Special Summon a token with the same name, ATK and DEF (Fiend-Type/DARK/Level 1/ATK ?/DEF ?). The Summoned Token cannot attack. The token is destroyed by the End Phase of your next turn.

Here's an upload version

bGSx7.jpg

So, long story short, make two small quotes, and the text is cut off.

Yes. PLEASE fix the "quote" problem in the post above. That interferes big time in making cards with perfect grammar.
Also, the whole "img/img" thing has been messed up for years now...

I also have a question about the picture on the card.
It's clear that the image was extended and the quality looks worse on a good amount of cards, BUT what if we RE-Upload the picture completely instead of just generating the old card's picture??? Would the quality became better or stay the same?

Can we revert the pure card's image bit to however it was before the update?
I mean, the templates and mostly everything I'm amazed and delighted with. It's awesome and deserves all the Reps in the world, but the pic is not only lower quality than the preview at the card maker, even that preview is a lower quality than the old way card arts worked before. The pictures uploaded themselves are quite often bigger than the card itself.

NuXef3e.jpg <Old YCM template. Pretty much just notice the image.

34j2m8l.pnge <Current YCM preview when looking it at the card maker.

DXaCyKL.jpg< New Card Maker. Dat blurry pic.

zkn6eh.jpg < Original image.

None at all. shrugs-

*Sigh*

I'm not sure how to adress this issue...

It's a possibility that somehow your computer has something that fixes it or somethi- *slaps self* nah... that's a screenshot of my view...

umm... I truly don't know.

The difference I see is enough for me to say "look at this and tell me that with a straight face", but I can totally see the possibility of me missing something.

Well besides... up there a kind of solution was given (500^2 pixels). 

You don't see a difference here?
2qu4wo6.png

Yes I can see it very well... I belive that's because when the picture is uploaded it gets resized and saved as an new image with middium quality in order to get smaller images size in MB. That way the server's Hard Disk can contain more images! Make sense right?

Archived