One-Sentence Horrors [Finished]

[spoiler="In for the mation. That's not a word. ABC you suck.']Say so on the thread. It's as simple as that. Unlike THAT ONE OTHER contest I had, this one's free, just because some fag is going to complain about how he/she doesn't have 50 points to spend.

This time, I'm going to try to become more involved in the contest by judging the cards myself. But I still expect myself to let you down here and either take forever to judge or pull some weird bullsh*t that leaves someone pissed off. If you post that you want to be a judge, I will not make you one.

The contest will be open with no real minimum or maximum number of contestants for probably two weeks. Yeah, closing this off by the time November 9th comes around (midnight EST) should be good enough, no?[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Requirements for the card and stuff."]You are to make no more than one card that has only one in sentence in its lore box. Normal monsters aren't allowed since their lore box is just a bunch of unhelpful flavor text, and alternative win conditions are also forbidden since there's like no way at all that they can be balanced and well-designed while fulfilling this contest's requirements. Don't even try to challenge that. Nomis and semi-nomis won't work here due to the "Can't be NSed/Set. Must be SSed by..." bit taking up more than a sentence. However, Summoning requirements for Fusions, Synchros, Xyzs, and Rituals all will not count for the 1-sentence requirement. In addition, you may, if you want, make the Ritual Spell card in addition to the Ritual Monster, however, it must be one of those lame Ritual Spells that only Ritual Summon the monster and do nothing else. Don't do "This card can be Special Summoned (from your hand or Graveyard) by Tributing 1 "Mushroom Man #2" and if you do you can destroy 1 monster on the field and if this card is destroyed by your opponent (by battle or by card effect) draw 2 cards." That's definitely not following OCG, and run-on sentences stop getting funny fast.

Unlike last time, the cards shall be posted here, in case someone who is a OCG perfectionist decides to stumble along and notice that certain cards aren't fitting with this requirement since my OCG isn't perfect. Once submitted, your card cannot be edited.

Written cards are allowed.

Do not include other cards that you've made. You only get one entry, and making a card that can only be Summoned by Tributing some other monster you made is definitely not going to count as only one card.

When submitting your card, it would be nice if you also included what Deck(s) you imagine the card being played in so that I can go on DN and play around with said Decks so I can have the right to feign knowledge of said Decks.[/spoiler]

[spoiler="List of members in the contest. Obviously, the goal is to be the last of them alive."]

Self-Ejecting Tomato

WIND

Level 1

Plant/Effect

FLIP: Return this card to your hand.

500/200

Rest of the numbers in case I actually have to use them: 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="The only reason you're even considering giving a whiny jerk like ABC any of your attention, loot.']First place gets 800 worthless points and a Like from me for every contestant here. Considering I've only Like'd two posts in this entire year, you should feel proud of yourself.

Second place gets 500 points and a Like from me for every two contestants in this contest, rounded down. As with first place, you should pat your back roughly.

Third place gets 200 points and only one Like from me, despite the number of players here. Don't feel too bad though, as I've only Like'd two other posts this year.

The remainder of my points (which will not be much at all) will be divided amongst the rest of the players evenly, with leftover points being awarded to the lucky bastards who ranked closer to 4th. There are no Likes for you here, because ABC clearly doesn't like you.[/spoiler]

We can do Spells and Traps too, right?

MzbXFc5.jpg

Change all face-up monsters on the field to face-down Defense Position, then change all face-down monsters you control to face-up Attack Position.

Intended to support Flip Effects and Ghostricks, and to mess around with "can't be targeted" card effect interactions. May have side effects involving Fusilier Dragon and Barbaros.

Archived