Cathedral of Shadows

a bad post

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nyarlathotep is memorable because he takes the form of Adolf Hitler.  However, he's still a giant hardened male genital just for the sake of wanting to manipulate humanity to destroy itself.  At least Philemon had an indirect influence.  Yet, you are right in the fact that both of them are just plagues on humanity.

That metaphor is funny since Nyarly is the cast's father. Technically. Philemon is all 'I'm sorry, our hands are tied, please do your best to save the world. Oh, you failed? I'll make everything you do meaningless then.' At least SMT 2's Lucifer showed actual concern and actually directly helped your effort to save humanity, except in Law route.

Well, in SMT II, Lucifer did say that freedom has the cost of peace, which he acknowledges would cause humanity to destroy themselves.  Also, at least Gabriel was smart enough to see that the big guy just can't rule anymore.  But, Philemon and Nyarlathotep are more or less to blame for most of the problems that occur in the entire SMT Universe.

It just goes to prove that the big guy is literally sick with anger.  Because he is the omnipotent force of the universe, he is directly affected by the problems of the universe.  It's really sad to see, and even though it makes great games, I'm just hoping to see a truly good ending.  All what the Neutral endings do is just prolong his suffering, while the Law/Chaos/ect. endings don't have it end the right way.

Nyarlathotep is memorable because he takes the form of Adolf Hitler.  However, he's still a giant hardened male genital just for the sake of wanting to manipulate humanity to destroy itself.  At least Philemon had an indirect influence.  Yet, you are right in the fact that both of them are just plagues on humanity.

Persona is who reason I love Nyarly though...

Yes I agree though both of them can just go *censored*! I mean all that trouble goes on over a freaking bet!

Lamentation is quite meh if it's on your side, since most enemies will be immune to some ailments during endgame. Fall from Grace will be outdamaged by your standard severe/Heavy attacks, but 666 damage confirmed is nice tbh.

I mean when used against your party :/

I'm honestly very scared of the Brand ailment.  It can't be healed, and it practically ensures that your team can't win.

I always apply one rule whenever I play SMT games, Murphy's Law. So I usually cover as much as possible. 

Unfortunately most attacks are going to be more useful for your opponent than you. Like the Brand ailment is only good for 3 fights I found, which were Belial, one of the Archangels and Ancient of Days (who I love).

Archived