Cathedral of Shadows

a bad post

Well, with YCM being down for 3 days, and me having finished most of my work, I decided to whip up and replay Eternal Punishment. Hoo boy, the game sure does know the way to hide things, and rumor mongering is quite annoying. Also, Hastur is an unpleasant eldritch abomination to made available as a summonable Persona.

I haven't played any Persona games pre-Persona 3 in forever cause I prefer 3 and 4's gameplay mechanics better.

Uh just so much work though... 4 days till Finals just... guh... *beats head against wall*

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find having a more balanced stats helps out more than pouring all you stats into a single stat especially on higher difficulty levels.

Also can't wait for more P5 leaks, but most of all I want to see character designs. Also P3 Movie needs get subbed.

You might say that, but focusing 4/5ths and 1/5th of my total point distributions to Magic and Agility respectively got me through the Ancient of Days (Barely, but still got me through it).  1200 damage Thunder Reigns allowed me to push for the win.

You might say that, but focusing 4/5ths and 1/5th of my total point distributions to Magic and Agility respectively got me through the Ancient of Days (Barely, but still got me through it).  1200 damage Thunder Reigns allowed me to push for the win.

Most of the time, min-maxing stats served me better, since especially in SMT4, you'll die quite fast anyway. Better to kill them before getting killed.

I always go pretty high on magic, and stay low on strength for the most part, but everything else like I said it serves better to just distribute evenly

It's sad that strenght is useless in SMTIV...

Also, I usually just raised MA and LUC until my LUC is around 100, then continue to raise Ma and Agi.

But i heard that the Luck build is fun. Might want to try it sometimes in the future.

Strength is useless until you get Demonee-Ho's Desperate Hit, which is Almighty Physical damage.

Yeah like Ain said its not really worth the effort to put so much work into 1 stat for 1 attack, which in my opinion, is outclassed by many other magic attacks. 

Sorry to bother you again but will you be done with those Auto-Skills soon I was hoping to start the RP's OoC at the end of the week.

Due to almighty attacks, actually. Physical attacks here are usually able to deal stupid amount of damages, but requires pierce to be useful late-game. Almighty physical attacks like Freikugel is pretty much a gamebreaker (though, Devil Survivor's holy hit is not that powerful).

No, but multi-strike (or whatever its called) on Garuda kills everything.

Yes, yes it is. Bar Lucifer, but well, that's a given. DS2/DSO's Garuda is brokenly good.

Maxing Garuda's speed will put him sufficiently over Lucifer were 1 or 2 of them (+ a Kishin & max MAG MC with Magic Yin Holy Dance) will put his 1st 2 lives out of commission, the only problem comes at his last life were he reflects PHYS, but then again that's what the max MC  is for.

Multistrike too OP.

Also btw, the skills will be up in several hours, still kinda overwhelmed by my job atm.

EDIT: Done~

Tell me if something needs to be edited/I missed something.

[spoiler='Racial Skills']Herald|lo: Heavenly Presence (significantly slow down non-lawful demons around it)|hi: Divine Presence (slow down and damages non-lawful demons)

Avian|lo: Flight: (the demon can lift the user for a limited amount of time, and increases speed a little)|hi: Winged Flight (no limitations)

Flight|lo: (the demon can lift the user for a limited amount of time, increases evasion) |hi: Sky High (increase evasion even more as the user is lifted really high. Became weak to counter-attacks, and cannot stay airborne for a long time.)

Yoma|lo: Mystic Speed (dances around to increase agility and evasion of party)|hi: God Speed (movement speed is also increased passively)

Nymph|lo: Dance (rejuvenates an ally completely, but close range)|hi: Spiritual Dance: (also gives buffs to the target)

Vile|lo: Chaos Wave (Creates a rift to attack distant foe, but casting the rift takes toll on movement speed).|hi: Chaos Breath (more range)

Raptor|lo: Hunter (Cannot miss, can lift character for a limited range)|hi: Predator (same as before with the addition of buffing preemptive attack’s power and critical rate significantly, but weaker defense against opponent’s sneak attacks.)

Wood|lo: Aging (Everything around the party slowly ages and takes damage. Leaving are will remove the effect) |hi: Ancient Forest (effect is amplified).

Holy| lo: Graceful (all allies around regenerates health slowly)|hi: Sacred Grace (amplified the effect)

Genma|lo: Phantasm (movement is changed into teleportation to the desired place)|hi: True Phantasm (increased range, and can teleport to near an ally outside of range).

Amatsu|lo: Heaven’s Stairway (cast. The battlefield is covered in heavenly pathway that will make every obstacles and harmful terrain to be ignored for a while)|Heaven’s Gate: (longer duration)

Jirae|lo: Earth Shift (Move the grounds below a target to alter an enemy or ally’s position)|hi: Earthbound (after moving, binds the target’s feet to the ground for a while)

Entity/Geist|lo: Embodiment (Heals all allies for a small health occasionally)|hi: Genius Loci (Also have a chance for buff)

Dragon|lo: Dragon’s Eye (Gives extra, unhindered line of sight)|hi: Dragon’s Stream (same, greatly increase agility in battle at the cost of health.)

Reaper|lo: Soul Jewel (For each demons/humans defeated in nearby time period, gradually increase power)|hi: Soul Jar (bigger bonuses)

Wilder|lo: Devil’s Speed (blinks to a destination. Range is determined by demon’s power level)|hi: Devil’s Flash (more range)

Vermin|lo: Plague (+Poison, attack deals extra damage against poisoned opponent)|hi: Pandemic (100% chance of poison)

Zealot|lo: Trance (Ignores any health deterioration due to own attacks, bonus damage to already damaged foe)|hi: Violent Deity (more bonus)

(Fiend’s mechanic is changed to timestop)

Lady|lo: Crone (increase the potency of healing spells)|hi: Mother Earth (healing spells costs no MP)

(Drake uses Dragon’s racial skills from DS2)

Eerie/Haunt|lo: Essence Drain (each physical attack drains health)|hi: Life Eater (Can siphon the health of a distant target)

Food/UMA|lo: Elusive (30% evasion increase)|hi: Undefined (Nulls first attack to each party member, 30% evasion)
(the ones that was not mentioned either has been made/retooled before in the thread, kept their racial skill, or have none in the first place)
[/spoiler]

Multistrike too OP.

Also btw, the skills will be up in several hours, still kinda overwhelmed by my job atm.

EDIT: Done~

Tell me if something needs to be edited/I missed something.

[spoiler='Racial Skills']Herald|lo: Heavenly Presence (significantly slow down non-lawful demons around it)|hi: Divine Presence (slow down and damages non-lawful demons)

Avian|lo: Flight: (the demon can lift the user for a limited amount of time, and increases speed a little)|hi: Winged Flight (no limitations)

Flight|lo: (the demon can lift the user for a limited amount of time, increases evasion) |hi: Sky High (increase evasion even more as the user is lifted really high. Became weak to counter-attacks, and cannot stay airborne for a long time.)

Yoma|lo: Mystic Speed (dances around to increase agility and evasion of party)|hi: God Speed (movement speed is also increased passively)

Nymph|lo: Dance (rejuvenates an ally completely, but close range)|hi: Spiritual Dance: (also gives buffs to the target)

Vile|lo: Chaos Wave (Creates a rift to attack distant foe, but casting the rift takes toll on movement speed).|hi: Chaos Breath (more range)

Raptor|lo: Hunter (Cannot miss, can lift character for a limited range)|hi: Predator (same as before with the addition of buffing preemptive attack’s power and critical rate significantly, but weaker defense against opponent’s sneak attacks.)

Wood|lo: Aging (Everything around the party slowly ages and takes damage. Leaving are will remove the effect) |hi: Ancient Forest (effect is amplified).

Holy| lo: Graceful (all allies around regenerates health slowly)|hi: Sacred Grace (amplified the effect)

Genma|lo: Phantasm (movement is changed into teleportation to the desired place)|hi: True Phantasm (increased range, and can teleport to near an ally outside of range).

Amatsu|lo: Heaven’s Stairway (cast. The battlefield is covered in heavenly pathway that will make every obstacles and harmful terrain to be ignored for a while)|Heaven’s Gate: (longer duration)

Jirae|lo: Earth Shift (Move the grounds below a target to alter an enemy or ally’s position)|hi: Earthbound (after moving, binds the target’s feet to the ground for a while)

Entity/Geist|lo: Embodiment (Heals all allies for a small health occasionally)|hi: Genius Loci (Also have a chance for buff)

Dragon|lo: Dragon’s Eye (Gives extra, unhindered line of sight)|hi: Dragon’s Stream (same, greatly increase agility in battle at the cost of health.)

Reaper|lo: Soul Jewel (For each demons/humans defeated in nearby time period, gradually increase power)|hi: Soul Jar (bigger bonuses)

Wilder|lo: Devil’s Speed (blinks to a destination. Range is determined by demon’s power level)|hi: Devil’s Flash (more range)

Vermin|lo: Plague (+Poison, attack deals extra damage against poisoned opponent)|hi: Pandemic (100% chance of poison)

Zealot|lo: Trance (Ignores any health deterioration due to own attacks, bonus damage to already damaged foe)|hi: Violent Deity (more bonus)

(Fiend’s mechanic is changed to timestop)

Lady|lo: Crone (increase the potency of healing spells)|hi: Mother Earth (healing spells costs no MP)

(Drake uses Dragon’s racial skills from DS2)

Eerie/Haunt|lo: Essence Drain (each physical attack drains health)|hi: Life Eater (Can siphon the health of a distant target)

Food/UMA|lo: Elusive (30% evasion increase)|hi: Undefined (Nulls first attack to each party member, 30% evasion)
(the ones that was not mentioned either has been made/retooled before in the thread, kept their racial skill, or have none in the first place)
[/spoiler]

Thank you so much Ain, but I have more thing to ask you, would you mind compiling all the Racial skills into a list and putting here, so that I can just copy and paste into the RP's OP.

Alright lets try to breath some new life into this.

For anybody who's played Persona, who do you think is more difficult an Ultimate boss Elizabeth or Margret. So, after playing Persona 4 again, I'm feeling in a very Persona-ish mood, but anyway how was everybody's Christmas?

I exiled myself from civilization for my Christmas I didn't really celebrate. Anyway, I believe Liz is harder, on the basis that you are not using Telos. Using Telos pretty much make the fight easier compared to Marge's.

My whole thing is Elizabeth is harder, because Rise's support during the Margret fight makes her much easier. Also I would just like to say Yukiko on 'Hell' mode in P4A is a female dog.

Any it was a good day for me cause I just got $100+ dollars worth of books from Barnes and Nobles gift cards.

Archived