Cathedral of Shadows

a bad post

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I beat both Sanat and Ancient of Days.  It was difficult, but Archangel's Law saved me for the most part (especially against Sanat, since my entire team smirked at various points).  Nidhogg, despite being Lost, managed to get in a good amount of Myriad Arrows while Aeshma got in Tarentalla Stars, both of which did 1k+ damage while me and my Salamander buffed with Candy and debuffed with Antichthon and used Archangel's Laws.  For Ancient of Days, I safely exploited his weaknesses by having Salamander and Raphael use Stigmata Strike to brand him to stop him from healing himself while I spammed Tornado of God, Floral Gust and Lightning Reign until he died (and yes, I did do Archangel's Law, buffs and debuffs in between).

That could be a middle plot point. SMT worlds are technically interconnected after all. Also, I think Auction and Fusion shouldn't be the only way a player to obtain demons. Negotiations, other types of contracts and such should be possible. Also, what would it be if DDS-like avatars are possible....?

Do it like Midori *shot* But yeah, we could have demon negotiations, but I'm not sure what other types of contracts we could use? 

Well I would have to agree that having the DDS avatar system would be pretty neat.

I feel adding DDS-like avatar's maybe a bit cluttered, but I have an idea that might make it work, so how's this:

I had an idea to kill off several characters during the first few posts of the RP, and later they would reappear, but are now bonded with a demon it a single body (they will basically be the same in appearance with few differences, and this is more ability wise). To go along with avatar system more advanced cases could be able to use their demon as an avatar, or after regaining control of their body they could be able to use the demon as their avatar (similar to how in Persona they had to defeat their Shadows before they could summon their Personas).

Welll, haven't went far in SMTIV due to workload, but managed to reach Pluto. Gosh, just reminded on how much I hate IV negotiation system compared to I/II/SJ.

Negotiation system is an arsenal-load of junk.  It only works half the time.  The other half of the time, you are just wondering "where did this map take me?"

At least in other games, it's actually possible to learn about what a specific demon likes, and use it to your advantage. SMTIV just randomized everything.

If you're party is prepared to stand against the demons, it isn't too bad.  However, if they aren't, then you die because the random number gods hate you.  The game has to have an element of frustration in accordance to the new anti-frustration features it has, right?

Yeah. Also what I kinda hated from IV is the lack of defense stat, and the ability to make your MC ridiculous with 400+ in one stat. Stat caps exists for a reason.

Anyway, making a Famed is a rage-inducing activity.

Does anybody actually know the stat cap in SMT 4, I've never caped a stat cause it makes my MC to off balance.

Trying to make a Famed demon is just... just positively... probably the first time I've ever raged or yelled at a game.

Oh right Ren, I know you've been busy, but before I forget how are the Racial Skills coming along?

The lack of defensive stat sucked. But well, doesn't matter much when my character is pretty much broken as fornication. Still tinkering around for a way to get the higher tier Fameds.

There really isn't any 'way' to get Fameds other than through accidents.  If you want higher-tiered Fameds, then you better hope an accident occurs with two high-leveled demons.

Also, you are now using my word :D

Well, when I mean tinkering around, I mean resetting my 3DS until it breaks. Also, this club is the club where swear word is replaced by something more....classy.

It is, but I've been using "fornicate" around the forums.  Also, while the no stat cap is broken, the boss going first against you and spamming something like Megidolaon until you die is just as frustrating.  You can avoid it by not bringing in demons that repel/nullify/drain the boss's commonly used attacks though.

It is, but I've been using "fornicate" around the forums.  Also, while the no stat cap is broken, the boss going first against you and spamming something like Megidolaon until you die is just as frustrating.  You can avoid it by not bringing in demons that repel/nullify/drain the boss's commonly used attacks though.

I find having a more balanced stats helps out more than pouring all you stats into a single stat especially on higher difficulty levels.

Also can't wait for more P5 leaks, but most of all I want to see character designs. Also P3 Movie needs get subbed.

Archived