Cathedral of Shadows

a bad post

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, if you use buffs like Tarujaka and Luster Candy, you could finish off the bosses more quickly.  Also, when you go against a boss that loves to spam a combat element that isn't Almighty, bring out a Demon that nullifies/repels/drains the element to make them waste press turns.

Its been a while since I played Nocturne, so I can't give any solid/specific advice, but I'll do my best on memory. I know I played a mostly aggressive strategy by the time I had reached Mot. 

I had demi-fiend always attacking, while I always had one demon to heal should need be, one demon buff my team, and one demon to debuff the enemy, and I remember that working for me for most bosses. As for demon purposes, I seem to remember that Mot has a weakness mabye to Elec, but I can't remember for sure, but definitely exploit that like hell. Also I remember you should have access to a demon that looks a skeleton in priest clothes, he rings a little bell or something for all his attacks, but I can't remember his name, anyways I remember he was definitely a good for healing purposes.

I got Fiend Plasma now.  I'm happy.  It's too bad that, even though Megidoplasma is an awesome skill, it is outclassed by my Anticthon that I had passed over in my New Game +.  Also, this is how my character's skill set is looking:

Glacier Blast +1

Lightning Reign

Mediarahan +3

Trisagion +5

Spirit Drain +5

Antichthon +1

Concentrate +3

When I get the DLC fusions and Vishnu, I plan to replace Mediarahan with Salvation, Concentrate with Spiritual Focus and Spirit Drain with Archangel's Law.

I'm doing the Archangel DLCs now.  Uriel was very easy to beat (even without exploiting his weakness element).  Raphael's Serpent of Sheol was an unpleasant female to get by, but I still managed.  Gabriel, screw his/her Lamentation a.k.a. Ancient Curse 2.0, which drags the battle out for longer periods.  But darn, just darn Michael.  Silent Prayer stops my set-up like cold turkey, Fallen Angel combined with weakness Inferno of God spam is stupid (Though, that is my fault for keeping Mastama during the battle) and Archangel's Law means that I can't do anything.

Uriel is pathetic, so yeah its really not a surprise, to be honest none of the angels are designed to be too hard except for Micheal, who is just a mega punch to the genitals. 

Also I'm planning a SMT RP, if you guys are interested its just about done, I'm just figuring out how I'm handling the apps.

I would try to RP.  Not sure what are the proper conventions to RPing, but it should be a bit like writing fanfiction, which I feel I am good at.

Also, for handling apps, I think you should just focus on the aspect of a points system depending on how one levels up.

I would try to RP.  Not sure what are the proper conventions to RPing, but it should be a bit like writing fanfiction, which I feel I am good at.

Also, for handling apps, I think you should just focus on the aspect of a points system depending on how one levels up.

Kind of like writing Fan-fiction, but with a lot of other people, if you like writing Fan-fiction you'll probably like RPing. In terms of how stats will go, I'm including them so:

1. I know how people's stats are oriented, and that they're saying they pull off super-Deathbounds with like 10 Str

2. Also it just adds a way to organized the battle system more so its not convoluted

An SMT RP will be sweet, though we need to base the compendium to an existing game if we couldn't be bothered to make an original one. Maybe using SMT IV's as a basis?

For a Compendium I did include Demon Clans if that's what you mean, but as for specific demons I've decided to allow people to pull from any SMT game they like, or if SMT hasn't done a specific demon/mythological figure (or it has and you just didn't like the design) you could do it yourself.

In terms of stats and resistances I've based off Devil Survivor's with a 40 stat cap, and a 99 lvl basis. I've given everybody 17 points to start with that they can allocate in whatever fashion they please, as that's what Devil Survivor starts you off with.  

Below are the Clans I choose for the RP. 

[spoiler='Clan List']Omega: Gods of wrath or destruction.

Megami: Goddesses of love and fertility. Excellent healers.

Deity: Chief or well-known gods of Pantheons, and often associated with maintenance or creation.

Vile: Demons or deities associated with famine, disease, or malice.

Snake: Serpent-like or humanoid dragons.

Dragon: Dragons derived from Far Eastern Mythology.

Divine: Angels from Judeo-Christian Religion. Often nameless

Herald: Major Angels in Judeo-Christian Religion. Often angels closest to God

Avian: Gods in bird form, or Sacred Birds.

Fallen: Demons of Hell, or angels who sided with Lucifer during his rebellion against god.

Avatar: Dedicated to destroying evil, they are gods in beast form.

Beast: Mythical animals of legend.

Wilder: A darker version of the Beast race, all are malignant or evil some way.

Genma: Messengers of gods.

Fairy: A mischief-loving race, who is not particularly concerned with good or evil as long as they have their fun.

Tyrant: Major demonic lords of Pantheons.

Kishin: Patron gods, or warrior deities from various pantheons or countries.

Jaki: Man-eating deities from various folklores.

Femme: Female demons, or important female figures in mythology.

Ghost: Spirits who bring disaster upon mankind, and are usually unhappy because of their previous life.

Fiend: Incarnations of death or disaster. Related to illusions, and the mind.

Hero: Important figures in history or myth.

Tsukumogami: A type of Japanese youkai, that are born when an inanimate object is given a spirit. Can be applied to just about any object from legendary weapons to everyday objects.  [/spoiler]

And the plot:

June 15th 2013, 6:30 JST

A large yawn escapes your lips as you wake up, still not fully awake you look at the small digital clock resting next your bed. It was full night of sleep, and your happy about that, because you hadn’t been sleeping well lately. It wasn’t anything in particular, just an uneasy feeling you’ve had the last couple of days. Some of your friends have had it too, but none of you can place why exactly. Today though the uneasy feeling is gone, and your thankful, but there still seems to be a heavy feeling in the air, as if the hold world is holding its breath.

Disregarding it, you slide lethargically out of bed and through the window open letting a cold breeze wake you up. You notice that this morning the sky seems to be tinged a little redder than it should be at this hour. Sure the sun hasn’t risen fully, but surely it would brighter outside right now. Your mind still hampered by sleep though pays it little mind, and disregards it.

What happens next though brings you to full alert.

A red-pink flash of light beams down from the sky striking down a few miles from your house, but even from here it is still clearly visible. You notice it seems to have touched downtown before a flash of the same red-pink light blinds you completely, and you fade from consciousness.

When you finally regain consciousness you notice that your digital clock now reads 7:00. You were out for half an hour. You look out your window again to find that the beam of light from earlier has now turned to a constant stream from an unknown point in the sky, which is now slightly obscured by a thin black mist.

Dressing quickly you run out of your house to see what has happened…

It has been 3 days since the beam of light appeared in Tokyo. The thin black mist, which becomes more opaque the closer you come to ground level, has completely enclose Tokyo in a dome-like shape, the only clear opening in this mist being a smaller 1ft diameter hole which the pink-red beam streams out far as the eye can see into the sky.

Many government relief aid helicopters have tried gaining access to the city, but the mist seems to being creating a ward keeping anything from entering or exiting. On top of this there have been several sightings of strange creatures around the city, and the reports of missing persons have ski-rocketed.

That day you receive a text message on your phone, which is odd because it stopped working when the mist struck down. Hoping that maybe your service has return you dive for the phone. Opening the message you find it to be from Minato Takeba, the most popular boy in your class.

Show up at the Midnight Club at 21:00 tonight for a little fun.

-  Minato

Thoughts?

Archived