Cathedral of Shadows

a bad post

Minato Takeba? Are you serious? Jk. Anyway, if the situation is like that, expect everyone to die due to hunger before day 7. At least Devil Survivor has the government kind enough to throw foods here and there. Ah, and how about electricity?

...I just unwittingly supported a ship just now didn't I... I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out. 

I've planned ahead for this, and the issue of food will be gone by the end of the 2nd day, because it will be the RPers first major mission.

So I'm planning on allowing characters wielding a maximum of 7 demons, and each demon can wield up to 4 command skills and two support skills, is this good, or should increase/decrease something?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make it more like DeSu. 3 auto skills and a racial skill saves lives.

Originally I was going to do this, but I wasn't sure how to work the Racial Skills. Any ideas?

Just one question:  How would each character learn their skills?

Whisper system, magatama, or skill crack might be interesting. But how about we play it hardcore like SMt 1 and 2?

Skills will be learned in a mixture of the Whisper system and apps. Once you summon a demon, any skills it has you have access to, and also during several points in the game RPers will receive an app, the first of which will be called the 'Pierce App', so that Physical players can compete with demons that protect against their main form of fighting. 

Let me handle dem racial skills. Also, early game pierce will be broken, just saying. Physical character's main point early on is a strong attacker with little to no costs aside from the occasional HP cost, though, this comes with the crippling weakness to something that have resist/Null Phys. Giving them Pierce early will make them superior to MAG characterearly on.

Let me handle dem racial skills. Also, early game pierce will be broken, just saying. Physical character's main point early on is a strong attacker with little to no costs aside from the occasional HP cost, though, this comes with the crippling weakness to something that have resist/Null Phys. Giving them Pierce early will make them superior to MAG characterearly on.

<3 Thank you Ain you're a lifesaver~

I'll take note of that and move pierce back then. Now how to handle passive skills, or should I just leave them out in general?

Humans should stick with apps, but demons do need their passive skills. Though, an important question: How would you handle fusions?

As for racial skills, I'll try my best to adapt the existing ones for the RP, but for the races that haven't got one, I've made some new ones. Would you prefer 2 stages like DS2 or single stage like DS?

Humans should stick with apps, but demons do need their passive skills. Though, an important question: How would you handle fusions?

As for racial skills, I'll try my best to adapt the existing ones for the RP, but for the races that haven't got one, I've made some new ones. Would you prefer 2 stages like DS2 or single stage like DS?

Either is fine. 

As for fusions, in the OoC when an RPer wants to fuse, the RPer will post two demons they have in their stock, or one that's in the devil auction to create a new demon. What can be fused will be determined by a fusion chart that shows the combonations i.e 'Clan A + Clan B will make a Clan C'.

As for the devil auction everyday in the morning (well morning for me at least) I will update the OP with new demons according to the how far the RP has progressed. To 'purchase' a demon an RPer need only post in the OoC thread.

Classic SMT with a DS twist seems good.

Will alignments be here?

EDIT: Some examples for the Racial Skills, tell me if there's something that needs to be changed/buffed/nerf'd.

[spoiler='New']Race: Tree
lo: Nature's Gift(restore health gradually, reduce physical damage taken)

hi: World Foundation(same as above, but more potent)
[hr]
Race: Enigma
lo: Obscure(Nullifies opposing Racial Skill)

hi: Esoterica(same as above, also nullifies stat reduction to team)
[hr]
Race: Kunitsu
lo: Chtonian(First attack from party pierces)

hi: Material World(Fully ignores Null and Drain of both sides)
[hr]
Race: Night
lo: Dream Dust(Party gets +Sleep. If a member already got it, the potency is raised)

hi: Dream Weaver(same as above, sleep is now permanent except if cured by skills or item)
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Reworks']Race: Beast
lo: Animal Leg(When entering or escaping combat, either evasion or strength is buffed)

hi: Free Leap(same as above, can escape from any bindings and situations)
[/spoiler]

Most are still drafts.

Username: Tormented
Favorite SMT game: Digital Devil Saga Avatar Tuner, had this on my PS2 possibly one of the most fun RPGs I have played.
Favorite SMT Character: Heat, who doesn't enjoy a bit of badassery?
Favorite Demon: Cerberus
Why did you join: I made the logo and figured might as well at least attempt go get into some SMT RP's with people.
What do you want to get out of this: RPEES OF SMTT.

Yeah, their tendency to do that is kind of a funny thing. But with Achangel-Law, Riot Gun, and Candy setup, you should be able to beat Sanat. And pretty much +2 -2 Ancient Days and spam your best arsenal. If your party is HP based, you can manage any of the smirk-bypasses that those bosses made.

For Ancient of Days, I have a brand and -2 +2 set-up.  That means I can abuse weakness while he only heals 1 hp.  Still, Damnation spam sucks.

Again can't say I remember sorry. Also I would like to be able to play Original Characters on the RP if we do, do a DDS RP I could give a go at writing up a bit of backstory. Or we could just go with the original story and replace some characters with like our custom characters and certain Key npcs/pcs could be used by people. I.e I would play Heat 

Classic SMT with a DS twist seems good.

Will alignments be here?

EDIT: Some examples for the Racial Skills, tell me if there's something that needs to be changed/buffed/nerf'd.

[spoiler='New']Race: Tree
lo: Nature's Gift(restore health gradually, reduce physical damage taken)

hi: World Foundation(same as above, but more potent)
[hr]
Race: Enigma
lo: Obscure(Nullifies opposing Racial Skill)

hi: Esoterica(same as above, also nullifies stat reduction to team)
[hr]
Race: Kunitsu
lo: Chtonian(First attack from party pierces)

hi: Material World(Fully ignores Null and Drain of both sides)
[hr]
Race: Night
lo: Dream Dust(Party gets +Sleep. If a member already got it, the potency is raised)

hi: Dream Weaver(same as above, sleep is now permanent except if cured by skills or item)
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Reworks']Race: Beast
lo: Animal Leg(When entering or escaping combat, either evasion or strength is buffed)

hi: Free Leap(same as above, can escape from any bindings and situations)
[/spoiler]

Most are still drafts.

I like it, I like it a lot. So how many slots should I open up for passive skills? In terms of alignments I wasn't planning on having them on demons except for really common sense ones (i.e. someone who fits the 'Chaos' alignment shouldn't really be using Divine or Heralds), while RPers during the course of the RP may choose their own alignments.

Username: Tormented
Favorite SMT game: Digital Devil Saga Avatar Tuner, had this on my PS2 possibly one of the most fun RPGs I have played.
Favorite SMT Character: Heat, who doesn't enjoy a bit of badassery?
Favorite Demon: Cerberus
Why did you join: I made the logo and figured might as well at least attempt go get into some SMT RP's with people.
What do you want to get out of this: RPEES OF SMTT.

Le acceptance

To be honest I haven't played DDS 1 or 2 in a long while, actually I only played through both of them once, which is really unfortunate since I remember it being one of my favorite games... 

What I do remember was I found the protagonist extremely attractive... then again I find many SMT protagonists attractive.

Again can't say I remember sorry. Also I would like to be able to play Original Characters on the RP if we do, do a DDS RP I could give a go at writing up a bit of backstory. Or we could just go with the original story and replace some characters with like our custom characters and certain Key npcs/pcs could be used by people. I.e I would play Heat 

Actually I had planned this RP to be the first in a series, and though I've only planned out the first 2, a DDS one would definitely be interesting. I'd have to go replay them again to get the plot and mechanics down again. Though if I remember correctly, and from watching the video it borrows alot from Hindu Religion, which I've always found very interesting. 

This one at the moment is based on another branch-off of the series Devil Survivor. Here's an overview for those of you unfamiliar: http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Devil_Survivor

Archived