Finished, Lock plz

~RoBoTiClOvEr~

I'm using the same judging criteria I did from round 2. If you saw your scores then, you should know the format. But I'll list it again for clarity reasons

B = balance (is this card OPed or has a degree of it by virtue of its summon conditions, stats or so forth)

C = creativity (has your card effect been used a fair amount of times already in other cards?)

O = OCG (did you spell words correctly, use proper terminology and so forth. Because Konami sometimes uses conflicting rulings on their stuff, I won't grade that harshly on minor things; however noticable things will get marked off)

T = theme (did you stick with the theme of this contest. Because this is a Fusion round, do your materials meet the requirements of using an existing one)

Total = Summation of all of the above (this is out of 40 points; 10 for each)

Anyway, you got a 7 on balance (which is still relatively good) b/c it's generic (ANY of the Fusions can go into it; the other entries specifically mention a named monster), can possibly end up as a beatstick (depending on how much you clear your field for it) and its effect pretty much allows a certain one to be activated when a GB tags out (which applies to most GB monsters); save for Alexander, Augustal (which is yet to be released), Gaiodiaz, Gyzaurus and Octavius). Otherwise, - Someone - summed it up nicely. Its stats are okay though, so that counterbalances to some degree.

This is why we have Robotic's and my judging; that way you get graded on two different perspectives and not just getting scored on a single member's opinions. Remember it doesn't matter if YOU think it's truly balanced; it's up to us to decide (though I'm pretty fair on how I grade cards).

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember that I said that any spelling, OCG or standard English grammatical errors subtract half a point each? That's why you lost points there. (Yeah, this is the part where I get a bit nitpicky about things.)

OCG is generally one of the places (most) new members lose a bit of points on [especially when PSCT proves to be confusing at times]; Hikari and a few other notable members are exceptions based on their works.

For your entry last round, you used monsters that were unrelated to HEROs, that's why you got shot down in the Theme category (The effect works with HEROs though, so that's why you got a 5 instead of it being a straight 0).

[spoiler=badaboom]

uJAcQsd.jpg

"Light and Darkness Dragon" + 1 DARK or LIGHT Dragon-type monster
Cannot be Special Summoned except by Fusion Summon.  While this card is face-up on the field, it is also DARK-attribute. Once per turn, whenever a monster is removed from the field:  That monster's controller gains 500 Life Points. Whenever a chain of 2 links or higher activates, for every chain link in that chain: The controller of the last chain link in that chain pays 100 Life Points. Once per duel: You can tribute this card; Special Summon 1 monster from your Graveyard.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='my card']

also i have a question, can i use something never exists before such as Fusion-Tuner like this card? (u can answer no, and i will edit it as soon as possible)

tKcT3oK.jpg

Lore:
1 WIND monster + 1 Level 4 or lower monster
This card cannot be used as a Synchro Material Monster, except for the Synchro Summon of a LIGHT or WIND monster. While face-up on the field, this card is also WIND-Attribute. When this card is Fusion Summoned: You can target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy that target. You must control a face-up WIND monster to activate and to resolve this effect. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower WIND monster from your Deck or Graveyard in face-up Defense Position. Its effects are negated.

[/spoiler]

just finished

[spoiler='Here']

2QELrxy.jpg

Lore:

1 "Gusto" monster + 1 DARK monster
While face-up on the field, this card is also WIND-Attribute. If this card is attacked by a WIND monster, all face-up monsters you control gain 400 ATK and DEF until the End Phase. At the start of your Battle Phase, you can pay 1000 Life Points to Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Gusto" monster from your hand, and if you do, your opponent gains control of this card until the End Phase. When this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can send 2 "Gusto" monsters from your Deck to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Gusto" monster from your Deck. Its effects are negated.
[/spoiler]

Both accepted. They both look pretty unique. Talk about long effects though. lol

[spoiler='my card']

also i have a question, can i use something never exists before such as Fusion-Tuner like this card? (u can answer no, and i will edit it as soon as possible)

tKcT3oK.jpg

Lore:
1 WIND monster + 1 Level 4 or lower monster
This card cannot be used as a Synchro Material Monster, except for the Synchro Summon of a LIGHT or WIND monster. While face-up on the field, this card is also WIND-Attribute. When this card is Fusion Summoned: You can target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy that target. You must control a face-up WIND monster to activate and to resolve this effect. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower WIND monster from your Deck or Graveyard in face-up Defense Position. Its effects are negated.

[/spoiler]

Honestly, I don't care. xD As long as it's a Fusion, I just don't care. Do whatever the heck you want with it.

alright i finished this :lol:

[spoiler='here's my entry']

LHtKcWf.jpg

Lore:

1 non-DARK Dragon-Type monster + 1 WATER monster
Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. While face-up on the field, this card is also LIGHT-Attribute. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target up to 3 cards on the field, including at least 1 card your opponent control; those targets cannot be destroyed by card effects. If this face-up card would be destroyed by a card effect, you can pay 1000 Life Points and discard 1 card instead.

[/spoiler]

Here's my card!

JDfAd8Q.jpg

2 or 3 monsters with different Attributes
While face-up: This card's Attribute is also the Attributes of this card's Fusion Material Monsters and this card's original ATK is equal to the combined ATK of this card's Fusion Material Monsters. You take no damage from battles involving this card. This card cannot be effected by your opponent's card effects if they control a monster with the same Attribute as this card.

[spoiler=Lezzgo, Cloister]

vp5vTY2.jpg

You can Normal Summon this card without tributing a monster; this card's ATK becomes 1900. When this card is Tribute summoned: Gain 1000 Life Points.

d5AKLaR.jpg

During your Main Phase: You can change this card to face-down Defense position: Special Summon to your field the monster you tributed to Tribute summon this card. When this card is flipped face up: Tribute one monster on your field.

dxO5q3d.jpg

"Sunpeak Warrior, Dalyia" + "Sunset Mage, Darius"
When this card is Fusion Summoned successfully: Banish 1 monster on the field. During each of your Standby Phases: Deal 100 damage to your opponent for each Level Star on the banished monster. When this card is destroyed: Special Summon the Banished monster to your field; it's ATK and DEF become halved.
[/spoiler]

Alright, I chose who's moving on to the final round. The ones moving on are:
-A moron
-Cloister
Sorry for the others who did so hard. But, A moron and Cloister are moving on to the final round, the Special Round.

could I just ask for a judging criteria or score of the last round? or could u do it like Sakura did? thx

I should've mentioned this in the earlier rounds, but guess it's good a time as any to mention that it would be nice for the rest of the contestants to know why they didn't make it in your opinion (and for those who did move on, how their card stood out from the rest).

If you scroll down a few threads, you'll see the one contest that's gotten a lot of attention lately; particularly by the way it's run (and how the host didn't explain anything when asked). Though in this case, people haven't really asked (but should post the scores/thoughts you have for each; don't just rely on my judgment since I most likely grade differently than you)

Yeah, I don't really generally have a scoring system with judging. I just look at cards and somehow I can find what's going to move on. I do this in only this section. The other card sections, I do have my own scoring system, almost like how you do it. Just wanted to remind you that now.

[quote name="Sakura Haruno" post="6323818" timestamp="1387502686"]Once he gets stuff in, Robotic and I can start getting on with the grading. Guess I missed last round judging (darn it), but I had academia to attend to. [/quote] Yup. And then after this, I can so get my other contest up I had planned for today.

Archived