Clockwork Souls [IC]

Aix

While people were getting pelted by the elastic bullets, and pretty weird things were going on, a person with dark blue hair was attempting to get through the massive crowd, which flowed towards the gate, before erupting in random directions a split second later. Although he noted it, he paid them no attention. His superiors had already warned him of possible mischievous tricks that would be put into action at the entrance ceremony. He himself had no idea what they were yet, but as the people cleared, he noted the turrets, which spat out a rubber pellet every second, with three turrets. It seemed there was five originally, but one had been crushed, while another had suffered some sort of explosive attack. Sighing as he wondered what on the World had happened, he moved towards the direction of the door. As one of them turned to aim at him, it locked onto him. He couldn't risk using his Daedalus Weapon just yet, as it would raise too many questions, but without it, they would undoubtedly hit him, with a high chance of giving hints to his half-automaton nature.

Taking off in a run, he made a weaving run around the steady stream of rounds it fired at him. He dodged the first bullet by moving to the side, but the next one had almost hit him, and he batted it away with his left arm, grunting as it had been shot harder than he expected. Although it didn't hurt, it caused a brief strain. This momentary break in concentration had the next several bullets shooting towards him, and in a last second dodge, he risked his chances, leaping into the air to dodge the volley. As he landed close to the end, the other two turrets swung around to face him, and all three let out their rounds, which sped towards him, the three pellets hitting him, which hurt much more than would seem reasonable, when one of them managed to hit the right side of his body, one of them grazing beneath his armpit with a burning sensation. Knowing they would release a second volley momentarily, he picked himself up, before diving into a roll past the mechanical blasters, which turned back to face the rest of the crowd, resuming their fire.

He stopped to take a breather, as it took more out of him than he expected, and it was feeling raw where a bullet had slammed into his right shoulder. A red welt was already beginning to form, which would give way to a purple bruise soon enough. Turning to look at the other people who had made it so far, he was intrigued by a lavender-haired girl around his age in appearance. Although he had been educated by his superiors in preparation for his trip to a whole new region in various things, for example, the way most people act, she seemed to be acting weirdly, making him curious about her. A figure wearing an almost entirely black outfit with a gas mask and goggles seemed to be speaking to her, asking her if she was alright and needed assistance. This seemed strange as well, because from what he could see, the girl seemed to just like exaggerating things, or maybe laying down. She had no injuries besides some bruises, which wouldn't be enough to put her out or anywhere close to it, and her message was unusual. Who writes "Goodbye" in the sand? It seemed she was playing around, and not entirely understanding, he made his way over to the duo. They felt trustworthy, but still, with the nature of everything that wrapped around him, it would be too sensitive to reveal. Waving his - right and normal - hand out, he greeted them, trying to act "normal", making sure to speak in Britannic.

"Heya Goggles! This girl here is fine most likely, she's playing or something. Not sure why, but seems like that."

He smiled, feeling at ease for some reason at this strange new place. Turning to face Aegis, who was still laying down, he held out a hand to help her up, but asking her a question, his curiosity getting the better of him. The funk that had been over him for a while seemed to clear, having come here, and he felt happy, something he hadn't felt in a while.

"I'll help you up. Grab my hand. But why are you lying down like that? You don't seem injured enough to be like that."

He noticed the crazy little boy from before, as well as a redhead girl welcoming them in, as well as the brief argument about the challenge level of the entrance test-of-sorts, but didn't really pay much attention to them. Motioning at Ezeltainn and Aegis, he grinned, his normal colder attitude softening ever more as he stayed here longer. Not really knowing about socializing or the like, his next words probably sounded weird, not having even known the two for a minute, but his excited feelings made something small like this slip as he smiled widely.

"We did it! Let's go in! Oh, and my name's Zeta. Nice to meet you!"

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Minori cut off enough bandages to wrap around his head a single time and tie up at the end, before giving them back to the girl.

"Thanks, that was all I needed," he said simply, before reaching over to whisper in the girl's ear, "But between you and me, you could use some nicer assistants,"

With that, she scurried away again, thankful to be out of sight from those boys again. How rude can one be to consider telling who appears to be a girl to shove off? Then again, it was a typical trait from a boy. Minori should've known, he actually lived as one, and he didn't want to have to tolerate that again.

He made it to the main hall where Stellar was, eating a cookie with her left hand and still holding an entire plateful with her right. She looked as though she was going to eat them all one at a time and not hand any out... until Minori put his hands on his hips and cast a motherly glare.

"All you had to do was ask and I still would've handed them out," Stellar said with her mouth full of cookie, "I was just intending to take what was left,"

"OK then," Minori put her hand out as she said this, "Can I please have the plate back so I can put it back and stop some other greedy pig from stealing it?"

Stellar didn't answer, but instead placed a single cookie on Minori's outstretched hand... plus another on top 'cause he was her friend.

(OOC: AIX knows how I got in and I will assume both Anniki and the Boy know as well)

Lukas, having made it past the turrets with some, ingenuity, walked into the Lobby, eyes wide yet again. The beauty of the lobby had the same effect as the outside, his jaw dropping. "N-no more turrets, right?" He stammered, looking around to make sure that there were no rubber bullets coming from anywhere. He rubbed his bruises, feeling some sort of satisfaction as the pain raced along his body. His head perked up when he heard about the refreshments. His stomach rumbled, and he realized he hadn't eaten since dinner last night, since he was too nervous to eat that morning. He ran into the room, grabbing a few cookies and went over to the beverage server. Not being able to figure out and not being very thirsty, he walked back into the lobby, found a secluded place, and say down with his cookies and his- "What shall I call my instrument?" He thought to himself. "Verass" He thought to himself. With his newly named Verass and some cookies, he was happy, playing a quiet tune and munching on cookies by himself.

[hr]

When the doors finally opened, Sarah was relieved. She walked in, pain coursing every time she took a step. Th majority was coming from the top of her left boob, where she had been hit. She considered demanding to be taken to Thursday for her injuries, but everything changed when she got a look at a boys across the room. He had soft green eyes, and an equally inviting head of green hair. He seemed to b the type of boy that most would pass by as cute, but Sarah something else in his eyes. She saw a determination and a will that would never give up that drew her towards him like a magnet. She felt a pull on her gut. Her jaw dropped a bit, but she quickly regained he composure. She walked over, chest sticking out, and holding her most flirtatious and mesmerizing smile. Her eyes shone so brightly that a man might mistake them for emeralds, and shone with equal beauty. "Hello, handsome," she said, putting her eyes into his. "My names Sarah. How may I call you? How about Prince?" She said. She was truly looking her most mesmerizing and beautiful, her hair falling in locks around her shoulders, appearing to set her shoulders ablaze. The sun dance playfully along her face from an ajar window, and her lips were a plush red. Her eyes, still containing the mysterious tinkle, looked even better in the light. Her cleavage prominent and enticing, it was enough to make any man fall in love.

Ezeltainn was helping the girl when a guy appeared in front of them.
"Glad to see I'm not the only one concerned about this girl" he thought.

"Heya Goggles! This girl here is fine most likely, she's playing or something. Not sure why, but seems like that."

Ezeltainn noticed that, while the guy spoke in Britannic, he had a foreign accent, but he couldn't tell from where it is from.
And he was right. Seconds after approaching the girl Ezeltainn realized she was not that injured. But he really didn't mind: the girl was calling for help, and he is not the kind of people who ignores those calls.

"Well, I don't think these rubber bullets can be lethal, but I looked like this girl needed help anyways. Now that I'm here, I might as well take her to the front door."

The guy offers his hand to the girl and motions the to walk to the doors. At that time, Ezeltainn looks at the door and sees the boy who was a the top of the College during the turret assault, next to a woman inviting everyone to come in.

"We did it! Let's go in! Oh, and my name's Zeta. Nice to meet you!"

"The name's Ezeltainn. Nice to meet you as well. Thanks for helping us out." And proceeds to stand up and walk towards the hall along him and the girl.

As Isaiah was looking around, continuing to examine the other students, he couldn't help but feel a little insulted as he overheard the conversation between the blond-haired Seph and Annika. After their short conversation, she spoke to the students and then changed suddenly, switching from a rather cold woman to a rather warm one. While she told all the students gathered about the banquet, he didn't seem very much interested at the moment, having just ate before coming. There were some unusual people around, one of them being a strange person wrapped in bandages, but he decided to figure that out later.

More importantly, his attention was caught by a girl who had some very advanced wings indeed (Aquilla), something that no ordinary human could've possibly designed based on its unusual proportions, and most undoubtedly an authentic Daedalus Weapon. It was a shame that it had suffered some damage, but it wasn't anything unrepairable. He recognized her as one of the two who'd simply flown over the turrets.

Walking towards her, it looked as if she were talking to a girl who had mechanical goggles not unlike his own (Caeil), and whom had also flown with a flying contraption earlier, though a far less effective one judging by the way it'd been shot down and the way she caused the better flyer to crash. That was proof both of bad engineering and bad technique, so he ignored the other girl.

"Good morning. I'm Isaiah de Neirland." He greeted camly to the girl with teal hair, letting out a cool, radiant aura. "I saw you fly with that device earlier, and I must admit, it's very advanced. You seem to be quite experienced as a flyer, which is just as impressive, since maintaining your body balance up in the air isn't easy. I'd like to take a look at that device of yours, so maybe I could help you repair it later?"

Then, before she could answer, he turned around to face the Great Hall, where plenty of other students were going in. Smiling brightly, he turned back to her and offered out a hand.

"But before then, would you like some cookies? I'm hungry."

Johannes had spent his time waiting in boredom. It wasn't even funny watching the other students attempt to make it across the field and fail under an onslaught of bullets. It really did raise the question of how the Brittanian forces managed to conquer so much of the world when their recruits have even the barest minimum of military training. Maybe thye just attacked en masse and used the least combat capable as meat shields. It seemed fairly likely given this crop. Though these others are quite interesting.

Practically all of them were some kind of invetor or capable user of Animus, as they made their way through their ingenuity or through their devices. Johannes almost felt bad that he used such a minimal effort to make it across, but it's not as if he was here to show off, and really; there wasn't much effort to be demanded of him. He could have just walked normally, but he prefered it if his suitcase wasn't struck but such a large number of projectiles.

The others were getting along quite well, and Johannes knew that eventually he would have to talk to them. Just as well they were acting like he wasn't there, as he just wanted that little bit extra time to think about Brittania. They certainly know how to make you feel welcome, it was just like the Texian Military Academy, granted, the Military Academy used real bullets. "Annika, this is too easy! I knew I should have just allowed Alfred to guard the gates!"

That voice, it was the same one that greeted them as the gates opened. Johannes didn't look away, as Polly had already fixated his gaze on the young man who had leapt down to talk to a girl who had opened the front door after a condescending little speech that made the hairs on the back of Johannes' hair bristle up. "They didn't even use real bullets, who are they to talk down to us? She's very attractive though. Agreed, high in appearance, low in brain."

The others were milling in, so Johannes felt he had to as well. The suitcase wasn't hard to lug up the block, and it rolled on down handy little wheels that were all the rage these days. He left it in the later part of the lobby, sparing no time to think about how attractive it was. When you've seen one grand lobby you've seen them all after all.

The platters were cookies, revolting. Johannes came to a lone tray and took a cookie. He sniffed it, and convulsed at the delicious chocolate aroma. He handed it to Polly who took a large v-shaped snap out of it. Cookies, and mock conversation; was it time for the old Brittanian meet-and-greet already? Polly shrieked impatiently, and Johannes turned the cookie, allowing the hideous bird to take another snap, leaving only crumbs which Johannes dusted off his hands.

As Polly chewed, he caught sight of Sarah, all of Sarah. His crest raised high as he blew a lecherous wolf whistle right at her.

"P-P-P-Prince...?" Overwhelmed by an attractive female for the second time in less than an hour, Freed lost his calm composure, and anything he had to say, quite quickly. The fire-haired girl was quite a bit taller than him and dominated his view with her impressive rack, but Freed did his best to look the girl in the face, or at the very least, not at her chest.

A few male students who stood nearby muttered in jealousy and whispered about how Freed should take this tremendous opportunity loud enough for him to hear and he reddened significantly at their bawdy words before glancing over at Sarah again.

What would Master do in this situation? The question, while very helpful in many a dangerous situation, was pointless here as Freed did not have nearly the nerve to do what his playboy of a mentor would have done. His train of thought was broken when another student, a solemn-looking young man with the ugliest bird Freed had ever seen perched on his shoulder, whistled very loudly to grab Sarah's attention, at least Freed thought he did.

He would have to act quick. It was perhaps in the heat of the moment where Freed shone, but it was also then when he made thoughtless decisions. "Freed! Just Freed will serve just fine. Very nice to meet you, Sarah... Shall we go sit down and help ourselves to some refreshments?" He returned her dazzling smile with one of his own, a small, cute and polite smile, that of a gentleman and directed a hand towards the Hall.

Sarah took his offer, smiling as she walked. She liked this boy, he was very much goofy, something he had always admired. As she continued to walk, she shot a glance over at the man who had wolf whistled, considering firing a warning shot. Not wanting to ruin the moment, she simply gave him a look that would turn most men to stone, and continued walking towards the refreshments. "It's so nice to meet you, Freed. I didn't see you out on the field in front of the guns. Did you manage to find another way in?" She said, noting his darting glances, combined with his redness. She could tell that he wasn't used to this type of treatment. "Good," she thought to herself "Let him be flustered. Always keep a man on his toes." She thought, as they entered the Refreshment Area.

Seeing that the girl in front of her ignored her in favor of another man that suddenly appeared and started to praise her wings, Caeil decided to do something to take some of her attention back to her.

"That nerve....ignoring me like that just because the sweet words of a boy.......I'll show you what I can do."

She started to assemble her prized Animus rifle, the Totenmesse, from her suitcase. After making sure that it's properly adjusted, she screamed to the two person.

''Hey, you casuals, do you want to see some fireworks?''

Since she's apparently still ignored by them, Caeil started to fire her rifle into the direction of a turret far away several times.

After she heard a sound of explosion, she laughed, and started to walk into the direction that apparently everyone else was going, ignoring the mess that she had created.

''If I want attention, I'll have them, no matter what.''

Unknown to her, none of her shots actually hit the turrets.

This was all beginning to become too much. Aquilla had only just flown through the air, dodged an onslaught of rubber bullets, and gotten into the worst crash in her life, and when she tried to ask the other affected party a simple three-word question, she was assailed with relentless questions regarding her pair of wings.

“Th-they are just a pair of combat wings…” This was technically true, but it was at this point that she decided to lie so as to avoid potential issues in the future. “My father built them for me, they are nothing impressi-“ Before she could even finish her sentence, she was greeted by what appeared to be yet another of the intellectual type

“They are just a pair of comb-“ Yet again, she was interrupted by the boy’s sudden turn around and invitation to have cookies, of all things, holding his arm out in a welcoming, yet almost judgmental and perhaps possessive way

“I… Sure, why not!” With this she took his outstretched hand and followed him as she looked back to the Dragonfly-girl (whose name she still did not know) and mouthed the words, “Do you know this guy?” Whoever he was, he certainly seemed confident in Aquilla's abilities, and much less so in those of the Dragonfly-girl, who Aquilla suspected would probably end up being her greatest competition.

Aegis

[hr]

While still lying on the ground, thinking about what to do once the turret onslaught was over, Aegis heard two boys offering help to her. One's voice sounded a bit odd, as if it is covered by something and the other has some kind of odd accent going on with him. "Just as planned." She said softly with a smirk on her face. He noticed that one of them got on their knees and tried to lift her up from the shoulder, which kinda took her by surprise. Aegis never thought she would be propped up, she just thought somebody would extend their hand to her. So she dropped the act and stood up before he got the chance to help her up. Aegis immediately blushed when she finally got a look at the two guys, as she had been lying face-down the whole time. "Ahaha.. ha... Er.. Wow, I didn't think that would actually work.." She uttered under her breath.

"Um.. Zeta and... Lizzie, was it? I really appreciate your help, guys... Come on, you two. The gates are open, see? See?" Aegis grabbed Zeta's and Ezel's hand and tried to drag them towards the hall, oblivious to the fact that Ezel just said the same thing to her less than a minute ago.

Audrey
[hr]
Audrey was far too occupied with getting to the roof as fast as he can to notice that his target already escaped. By the time he scaled the school wall and made it to the roof, the blonde boy was nowhere to be found. "W-where the hell did he go?" He cried in confusion and surprise. Still, he managed to regain his composition quick enough and began to look for where the boy might have gone. Just when he was about give up and jump down to ground, he noticed a small hatch. It was very small, almost too small for Audrey to fit in. After taking a deep breath and deactivate his giant gauntlets, Audrey braced for the worst and squeezed himself through the tiny hatch.

As it turned out, the hatch led directly to the lobby of the school, something which Audrey noticed just seconds before crushing both his legs upon landing. Through Animus, he managed to cushion the impact from the drop. Slightly. He took a look around him and saw the blonde-haired boy he was targeting earlier, along with a red-haired girl apparently named "Annika". He thought the boy must be some kind of terrorist, but they may just be the Audrey's  teachers, considering Annika's speech. He wanted to ask them about exactly what just happened, but the prospect of cookies calmed him down... somewhat. 

He walked slowly to the Refreshment Room to avoid Annika and the blonde boy from noticing him, grabbed some cookies and sat down on a chair in the lobby, awaiting for the rest of the new students to come in while munching down on some cookies. Which were actually pretty good. 

"Damn weird school... Blasting the crap out of us with turrets isn't enough? I know it's some kinda military shit, but really?" 

"By the way, what's your name? Don't think you told me." Isaiah asked out of curiosity, just as they were about to enter the main hall.

But he stopped suddenly when the girl from earlier fired out a powerful blast in the direction of a turrent and caused the explosion...of, by the sound of it, something entirely different. Turning his look back to her, it appeared as though she were holding some kind of Animus rifle. Upon further examination, while it wasn't quite an authentic Daedalus Weapon, it was still pretty impressive both in terms of low recoil and powerful hit. Perhaps enough to rival his Gantfall. However, the way she'd used it was so careless that he shook his head in embarrassment. There was no way a girl like this could become a good rival.

"Hello, uh, rifle-girl!" He called out, just as she passed by them, and he resumed walking along with the teal-haired girl. "Your rifle is good, it looks custom-made, but you may want to study a bit about bullets so you can aim and hit your targets better," he was speaking, and stopped to take and bite out of a cookie, allowing the two girls to do the same.

"If you want, I can lend you a few books on bullet motion so you can help improve yourself. You may want to think about changing the metal of your dragonfly-like contraption as well, since being taken down by rubber bullets is, well..." A sign of horrible engineering. He didn't say it out loud, but his face showed signs of it.

Amelia was now walking; she feels that its kind of rude to ride an automaton indoors unless needed.  And Daedalus College was a place that demanded respect.  Even if the staff don't seem to deserve it.  The place was a military school, but from the looks of things, it lacked a certain... professional atmosphere.  Nothing like she read in the story books, at least.  Still, she was here to make a name for herself, and a bad first impression wasn't going to stop her.

The hustle and bustle of the other students mingling with each other made Amelia a little envious.  The atmosphere was... Amelia could not put her finger on it, but it made her stand on edge.  Maybe it was the turret exam that the group just completed.  Instead, decided to quench her thirst with a little drink from the cider machine by one of the walls.

"Ahh, cider.  This'll do."  Amelia said as she put her cup under the faucet and began channeling her Animus through it... and nothing happened.

"Is this thing... broken?"

Amelia tried again, focusing intently towards the machine.  She had put Claw Crusher along the nearby wall as she stopped providing Animus for it.  Still nothing.  Amelia tried once more, figuring it's just her lack of ability when dealing with more normal automatons.

A single drop of cider fell into the cup.

"God, damn it Stel-... that's it, I'm going for a drink of cider,"

"Ooh, I love cider. Let me come too."

It was safe to say that Stellar was getting Minori down. Infuriated, Minori snatched a cup from the pile, unintentionally sending the rest down onto the floor, but not in the mood to correct his mistake. Stellar, however, was at least courteous enough to put the plate of cookies down to collect most of the cups and put them back in their right place, before taking the last one as her own and picking the plate of cookies back up. However, as they both found out via someone (Amelia) already trying to use it, the cider machine wasn't exactly working properly. Perhaps there was a problem with the valves? It might explain why only a single drop came out.

"Actually, I think I can fix that," said Minori as he approached the machine from the side, before turning to the girl that wanted to use it, "May I?"

After helping the girl, getting whacked in the face, and hit in the legs several times by the turrets, Arthur was quite relieved to be inside the school. Though it was different from it's exterior seemed to make most think, he thought it was a truly marvelous building, rich in detail and design. 

"​Jeez, why does it have to be so noisy?" he thought to himself upon entering the building. People everywhere were talking, shouting, and being overall just... just noisy!

After grabbing a cookie, he went to a rather quite corner and thought for a moment. "That girl..... Did she show off on purpose? That was sooo awesome!", and he continued thinking thoughts similar to those for the next few moments, until he looked up and saw her.

As he was approaching her, he noticed she was with someone, and then sped up his approach towards her, he nearly ran into a few people, and just about cut his arm on a pair of someone's wings. He continued the dash towards her, not even giving a moment to shout "sorry" to the people he plowed past.

Once he reached her, after panting for a moment, he said, "​Hey beautiful, don't think I got your name.

The girl muttered some words Ezeltainn didn't hear clearly, and assumed she was speaking to herself. Then, she suddenly took Ezeltainn and attempted to drag both him and Zeta to the hall, which took him by surprise. Ezeltainn decided to go along with her.

"Um.. Zeta and... Lizzie, was it? I really appreciate your help, guys... Come on, you two. The gates are open, see? See?"

He was a bit bothered by being called with a name usually given to girls, so he corrected her instantly. And he didn't get why she pointed out the hall was open because Zeta just did it minutes ago. Didn't she hear Zeta? Or was she trying to act smart? It didn't matter, though.

"It is Ezeltainn, actually. Good to see you are not hurt. And your name is?"

They talked while walking to the hall, and when they got in, Ezeltainn took a few seconds to contemplate his surroundings: the banquet, and the students inside. He recognized Sarah next to a kid walking towards the refreshment area. On the other side, he saw a hazel-haired guy was accompanied by 2 girls near the cookie plate, He also spotted 3 girls at the cider dispenser, apparently having trouble with getting her drink, and a guy with an strange beast on his back that was... speaking? Ezeltainn couldn't believe it.

Ezeltainn was not interested in cookies, he wanted to have something to drink as he felt exhausted from crossing the bullet rain and from the hits he took.

"Excuse me for a moment, I'm going for a drink" He told Aegis and Zeta.

He left his suitcase to Aegis, and approached the cider dispenser. But when he was close enough, suddenly his legs gave in and tripped, falling... between Stellar's breasts, who was next to the dispenser.
Of course, Ezeltainn's legs were still hurt badly, and after the adrenaline rush something like this was bound to happen. However, he didn't expect to fall on someone else, let alone on a woman's breasts.
The fall didn't have enough force to drop Stellar down so Ezeltainn just stood there, with his head resting between her breasts. The band that held the gas mask on his face unconveniently broke and it fell on the floor, and the goggles slided up to the top of his head, so his face was in full contact with her. Ezeltainn became exaggeratedly nervous, not only because he no longer had his gears on the face, but also from his current situation obviously, and his face turned intense red from the embarassment. The worst was that he couldn't move his legs anymore, as whenever he tried he felt an intense pain.

"S-S-Sorry. M-my legs ju-just won't r-r-espond."

He attempted to drop himself to the floor, which was better than remaining where he was, but the pain was unbearable and he couldn't make it. If he was lucky, nobody else besides the 3 girls have yet noticed what was going on, but he didn't keep his hopes too high. Also, he was anticipating a furious smack from the tall girl, if not something worse.

For the moment, Ezeltainn cannot remain standing up, so if he is left without any support, he will certainly fall down onto the floor.

Glad that the predicament with the turrets was all well and done, she smiled as she walked with Isaiah. She was even more thrilled when he asked a question that was unrelated to her Daedalus weapon. “My name? I am Aquilla. My last name doesn’t matter, and if it does, I am sure you will be able to figure it out”

Just as she finished her sentence, an explosion could be heard. Wheeling herself around and instinctively activating Pinnam Ensis, which only suffered from some exterior dents and scuff marks, she saw that the source of the commotion was none other than that damned little Dragonfly again.

Aquilla could only assume that it was some sort of try for attention. Retracting her wings back into the pack form, she gave an aggressive smirk to the little Dragonfly, before pulling Isaiah, who was still holding onto her hand, toward the cider in an attempt to set the Dragonfly off even more. Speaking up so that Caeil could hear her, she made on last remark to Isaiah "I doubt that somebody that careless is even safe to be around..."

High up in the sky as all this commotion was happening lay a young woman on several floating platforms. A large yawn escaped her lips as she awoke from her slumber to the sound of screaming children. Some people just have no manners...

Leaning over the edge of her interlaced automatons the young woman, Vickky, noticed that several kids were attempting to get past five turrets two of which were smoking slabs of metal at the moment. Checking her watch Vicky noticed she was in fact late, and had lost track of time when she had fallen asleep waiting for Deadalus Academy's doors to open.

"Well this is gonna be a pain in the butt..." Vickky commanded her automaton platform to split apart standing on the edge of one. Fully activating the automaton's systems Vickky was launched high into the air over the Academy's gates, the cannons, the screaming kids, and all the other chaos going on. 

Before falling to her doom from what would have been a crippling 50ft fall, one of her automaton platforms swooped in beneath her allowing Vickky to make a graceful landing in the school courtyard from the cannon fire. Quite pleased with herself Vickky cast two middle fingers back at her less successful classmates and strolled right on in.

-Sometime Later-

Vickky looked deadpan at the obnoxious woman in scarlet, her words going in one ear and out the other. The blonde though... mmhmm... yes should would love to unwrap him... heehee... a mischievous smile came across Vicky's face at her own dirty thoughts. But for now it was time for something else sweet, she could focus seducing the blonde later.

In the meantime it was time for snacks. Mixing and mingling with her classmates Vickky piled her plate high with all sorts of assorted sweets, and aftwerword proceeded to look out at the crowd to see if she could pick out any oddballs in the crowd.

Immediately she singled out the girl with the big rack and the cute green haired kid, yes the was certainly an odd couple. They would do quite fine for all her intents and purposes. 

Striding right up behind the odd pair Vickky placed her elbows on each of their shoulders, quite rudely butting in. 

"Hello, hello. Say Jojo, wears your circus?" Vickky said, giving an obnoxious look towards cow tits and her big breasts, then without waiting for what was sure to be an equally obnoxious answer she turned to pretty green haired boy, "have you ever tried dressing up in a frilly dress...? Mmhmm, yup now that I get a good look at you, I think you could probably wear some of my dresses quite nicely..."

While the freshmen were struggling to enter the school, a lady watched them from a window in the second story of the building.

''I missed the time when I can laugh heartily when this show is on, just like the old days....Though, I guess this might be for the better.'' She then took a sip from her cup of tea, and sighed.

''Should I go downstairs?
...Hmm, maybe not. Crowded events don't really suited me.''
she mused to herself.

''Maybe I better sleep some more before tomorrow hits.''

Before she left her window though, she spotted something interesting. 2 figures seemed to fly across the wall, and eventually crashed.

''Those kids....they might be quite interesting. I might have underestimated them again this time.

Hmm, I wonder what tasks should I give them as an introductory assignment?''

She smiled, and walked out of her room, going into the greeting ceremony downstairs.

''Guess this year wouldn't be that bad after all. I hope the food below isn't as bad as last year's food.

I'll make sure that those kids will engrave my name, Leticia Christie, in their minds forever!''

[hr]Caeil[hr]After clearing her mind from frustration and anger away from the smug boy and the rude girl, Caeil decided to find some amusement somewhere.

She then noticed an amusing scene where a boy with something that looked like a mask on his face tripped, and fell on another girl's enormous racks. She laughed a bit and walked towards them, but she then changed her mind on her way there and walked away.

''Meh, those casuals don't deserve my attention.''

As she tried to return to the banquet, she noticed the lots of scrap metals caused by the turrets and the students. She had made up her mind. She salvaged any scraps of metal near her, and packed it into her suitcase.

Sarah had had enough. She enjoyed attention usually, but here she was, trying to make this boy fall in love with her, and first, the boy she had knocked out interrupted them. "Oh, yeah, my name is Sarah... If you don't mind, could you just-" She was then interrupted by a woman from behind, shoulders on her elbow. "Hey Jojo, where's your circus?" She then casted a look upon her breasts, pissing her off even further. "What does that even mean?" She thought to herself. She assumed it was offensive, causing her to get even angrier. She reached her breaking point when the obnoxious lady made a comment about Freed wearing her dresses. She quickly took out her pole, sweeper her legs out from under her, and placed it on her chest. "Shut, up." She said calmly, giving her a look more fierce than that she gave to the bird.

Johannes still hadn't eaten a cookie. Chocolate never sat well with him, and there weren't very many other choices. Polly however, relished in them. By now he had voted to leap off Johannes' back and just munched away at a plate, and then casually hissed loudly as another student came near him. The startked kid fell back in surprise, and then moved to a different part of the table. "On your best manners as usual? I don't like it when losers are near me. I don't think it would do well for my personal relations if everything decides to dub me as the kid with the killer bird. I haven't killed anything yet. Keyword being yet here? Fine, I haven't killed anyone. Now, since you refuse to, I'm going to go mingle. Those cute girls over by that drink machine look cute. As you wish."

Polly unceremoniously belched up a few crumbs as he gave his wings a few experimental flaps. He took a running start on the table and flew through the air, skimming over many surprised students until he clumsily landed on the cidar machine. He watched curiously as the Ezeltainn boy had seemed to have fallen into the breasts of one of the cute numbers, the lucky bastard. Though, he was impressed enough to give a loud whistle. "Well aren't things going fast goggle boy? You know ladies, if you want a real lover, there's one right here. And just saying, I know all the places, all of them that can bring pleasure to a woman" he declared very loudly.

Johannes rolled his eyes as he decided to finally try a cookie. He gave it one experimental chew before his face screwed up in a very uncomfortable way. He clawed at the table until he found a napkin and spat the cookie into it. By god it was disgusting. "I do hope the feast will be more worthwhile. At this rate my only food for today will be what I assumed was scrambled eggs and bacon."

Riding a small horse carriage from one of the entrances to the city, Krieger caught glimpse of several things that were pretty standard in giant cities. In an alleyway, he saw a poor man begging for scraps at the least. In another, a girl was harassed. In another, a body was laying. He shouldn't expect too much, or too little, from a giant city as this. While still riding in the carriage, he took a glance at his sword, Slayer, that took up the whole carriage's inside. It looked like a giant sword that was scaled up to where it took two to hold, it was an incredible feet for him to carry it.

After several minutes of entering the city, the carriage finally came to a small stop, where the driver up in front gave a small knock, and told Krieger that they arrived at Daedalus College. He gave the man payment for the services, and opened the door, and took a step outside. Krieger wasn't wearing anything particularly fancy. He wore fairly middle class black clothing, with a holster strapped to his torso, and a small cloak that went down to his knees (he had this cloak since he was younger, and knew he needed another one). He peered instead the carriage once again, and took out Slayer, and closed the door. Before he even got to mount Slayer behind his back, he saw out the corner of his the carnage and mess that was laying on the college grounds.

"Y'know, I thought I would be getting away from all this."

"It's a shame you missed out. . ."

When he entered the front gates of Daedalus College, he strapped Slayer on to his back - the large hulk of metal still made it's presence known, even behind his back - and noticed a woman taking up metal scraps from the vicinity, and placing them in her suitcase. Krieger looked around to see no one, and strolled to her.

"Hey, you mind telling me what happened here?"

"Ah, guys, you shouldn't fight!" cried Freed. He jumped in between them before things could escalate further and, on instinct, extended a hand to help the dark-haired girl up. "C'mon, Sarah, there's no need to get so upset. Here, I'll get us all some cider." With that, he edged away from the girls and walked over to the cider machine where another group had gathered.

"Hey guys, excuse me here," he said very apologetically before grabbing three cups. Placing one on the dispenser, he channeled his Animus into the machine to no apparent avail. Blinking, he tried a bit harder and only a few drops came out. Glancing at the others with embarrassment, he then creased his eyebrows and focused, drawing upon his greatest reserves and the cider came gushing out, immediately overflowing the cup and spilling it.

Just as she finished salvaging the scraps, Caeil saw a menacing looking man coming at her.

''Meh, just as I think this day couldn't get any worse....'' she mused. Caeil was in no position to fight, her contraption's broken, and Totenmesse's battery was empty. She was entertaining the thought of her running the hell away from him, when suddenly the man opened his mouth.

''Hey, you mind telling me what's going on in this place?'' he said. This shocked Caeil, who then nervously answered:

''Err...how should I word it....There was some sort of...messy greeting from this academy to the freshmen.'' The man looked to be a bit confused by the statement, but Caeil refused to say more about the matter. The man seemed to understand her gesture, and ceased another questioning attempt.

When Caeil inspected the man more throughly, she almost couldn't hide her annoyance that the man was relatively unscathed by the turrets.

''That cheating casual.....I want to mess him up really badly now, but I'm not in the position to be able to do so. Guess I have to play it safe for now.'' She thought to herself. But now, she decided that being nice might save her from the trouble of angering a stranger.

''Anyway, the main hall is this way. I heard that there'll be a lot of food there. Wanna come?''

Next thing she remember was that she started to walk back into the main hall with a total stranger beside her.

The masked boy he now knew as Ezeltainn went as far as to get on his knees and lift her up from the shoulder, which was slightly surprising to Zeta. Seemed a bit much of a reaction. When the girl blushed, he turned his head curiously, not really understanding, because he knew why people blushed from his studies, but it didn't seem to correlate with this. When she muttered about not thinking something would actually work, he thought at it for a few moments, and then guessed she had been lying down to draw attention, which made more sense to him now. She probably didn't expect to hear him, but he had been trained to the point of having heightened senses along the course of his training as well. When she suddenly grabbed his hand and the other boy's hand, he was confused, wondering why, but when she suddenly took off in a run towards the hall, he was dragged along in surprise, as she called out to them to come on, mispronouncing Ezeltainn's name. When they reached the hall, he corrected her, probably due to finding a name usually given to females weird. Zeta noticed she had pointed the hall was open, a few seconds after he himself did, but passed it off as being excited for now. Ezeltainn asked the girl her name, but before he got an answer, he went off to a cider dispenser off to the side. His eyes following Ezeltainn, he saw the entire trip as it happened, from him tripping, to his head falling into a woman's rather large breasts. He seemed to be struggling, but couldn't manage to get out. Having gotten to know Ezeltainn a bit, and could maybe consider him something akin to a friend, but between his insatiable curiosity for this new place, he was stuck between going to help him, ask the girl's name, or look around some more and take in more information. Struggling to decide, he was about to go help out Ezeltainn when everything seemed to have resolved peacefully - albeit much to the boy's embarrassment. Turning to speak to the girl, he smiled. [font='courier new', courier, monospace]"Ezeltainn seems fine now, so I'll just stay here for now. You seem like a nice enough person, so I don't want to just leave you. Some green-haired boy broke the cider machine though, which is a shame."[/font] Waving to Ezeltainn, he motioned for him to come back, grinning.

Archived