Clockwork Souls [IC]

Aix

"Ahh... sure, if you can figure it out."

Another student came by wanting to look at it, by the name of Minori, as Amelia would learn later.  Amelia stepped aside and began watching her intently; waiting to see what she would do.  While Amelia had little skill in engineering, she had interest in the craft.  As it would seem, Amelia would not get the chance to see Minori in action as it sounded like someone fell behind her.

It was a dark-haired young man wearing goggles on the top of his head.  And thats all Amelia knew, for his face was buried in a... more developed woman's breasts.  Amelia almost instinctively focused her thoughts onto the young man, and decided to help him up.

But as fate would have it, that was not to be.  A bird of some sort perched itself upon the cider machine and started speaking.  'An Empathy Bird?' Amelia thoght to herself.  Many stories she read involved such creatures; Amelia herself always wondered how it would be like to have one - what would her inner personality be like?  Whoever this one belonged to, however, was quite vulgar.

"Are you sure?  I mean, you're a bird," Amelia replied.  It wasn't that she didn't believe it per se... it was just that it was a bird.  "Why are -" Amelia began to say, but was interrupted when a young green-haired man decided to squeeze by to use the machine.  To Amelia's surprise, he got it to work!  A little too well.  Cider came gushing out and spilling all over the floor.

"Err... I hope that I'm not being rude, but what did you do?" Amelia wondered if the young man didn't know his own strength or something.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Messy greeting? . . . I guess I could only understand so much, I came here a little later than intended."

Krieger looked around, and wondered what the greeting was for. Was it really a greeting? Or was it something else? Maybe the scent of chaos caused him to think this way. He didn't take notice that the woman was inspecting him, and turned his head when she spoke once again.

"Anyway, the main hall is this way. I heard that there'll be a lot of food there. Wanna come?"

Krieger gave her a curious look. It wasn't everyday where he would be offered the company of someone else while heading towards a destination that he had no ties to. Well, not yet anyways, since it would appear that they would be students for the remainder of their time at Daedalus College. Of course, there also the mention of nourishment being inside, and it'd been a while since he had a good meal to sate his hungers.

"Yeah, I guess I could come."

--

Walking into the Main Hall with her, he gave a question about coming to the Main Hall with her.

"So, why'd you offer to take me with you? You don't owe me an obligation - though I'm thankful - of showing me anything, let alone the Main Hall."

Freed was hit with the startling realization that the machine was meant to be difficult to operate and he had simply overloaded the machine. "Ah..." he stuttered as he looked at the mess he created. "Did someone help me or something?" he said, regaining his composure. "Haha, it was probably someone's prank to make it spill all over the place. Don't worry, I'll clean this up right away."

Giving an embarrassed smile at Amelia, he headed off towards the kitchen where he nearly bumped into Seph, generally not a good idea, but the blond boy wouldn't have noticed anyway as he was bent over laughing so hard that he started to cough. After a moment, Freed realized the coughing wasn't stopping he crouched down to see if the boy was alright.

"I don't need a peasant like you to care for me," he snarled, but immediately started laughing again when he looked back at the way he came. Freed found the source of Seph's mirth. Standing in the kitchen doorway was a massive young man with bluish black hair, about seven-feet tall and pure muscle, dressed ridiculously in a frilled apron far too small for him and an extremely tall chef's hat.

"I had Alfred help out in the kitchen since he was the only one strong enough handle the roast dire boar," explained Annika as she, too, appeared in the doorway. She looked at Freed. "What are you doing here, shrimp? Would you like me to roast you, too?"

"Ah, no, I'm looking for some cloth to wipe up the mess at the cider machine," Freed said and the girl looked at him strangely. She glanced over at the cider spilled on the floor and narrowed her eyes at him again, but nevertheless let him pass.

[hr]

"Excuse me, coming through," said Freed as he returned to the cider machine with a cleaning bot lent to him by one of the servants, who turned out to be actually seniors, working in the kitchen as punishment. The bot made quick work of the spill, mopping it up and sucking it up at the same time whilst heat-drying the cloth.

"Your attention here!" boomed Seph from the lord's table. His voice, which resonated through the room and caused quite a few people to plug their ears, was amplified by Animus, something considered rather difficult, but Seph had it down to an extraordinary degree. "Since the Principal is away, I, your Student Council Leader, shall head the proceedings. Hand over your luggage to the carriers that had coming through right now, they will take your luggage to your assigned dorm for you." Various small humanoid automatons made their way through the students. Each of them had four tentacle-like arms which gave them the versatility to properly secure bags of all shapes and sizes. There were not enough for everyone and multiple trips would have to be made.

"I suppose I may introduce us who hold absolute power in this school," said Seph. "I am Seph von Steinsberg and this is Annika Ghast and Alfred Lear." The other two seemed thoroughly bored. Alfred had removed the apron and hat. "The three of us are the Daedalus Council which you owe utmost respect, else you may see yourself facing some severe repercussions. We welcome you to an incredible year at Daedalus College." Alfred sneered at that, it seemed that he had plans that may make the year anything but great. "With that said, let the festivities begin!"

An irresistible smell wafted in from the kitchen. On the back of an enormous horse automaton was an even more enormous platter holding an entire adult dire boar, a monstrous species with a powerful armored shell but delectable meat underneath, while numerous smaller automatons streamed in with smaller dishes of various other expensive foods as well as containers of silverware. Alfred came down and with tremendous Animus-enhanced strength, placed the boar platter at the center of the table while the other plates were set down around it for a buffet-style meal.

Automatons gathered at the corner of the room and began to play various famous party tunes, leaving the singing up to the audience.

Stellar was unphased by the unintentional collision into her breasts, which just... wasn't normal. Most girls in her position would shriek and try to jump half a mile backwards, or even worse, kick the poor sap (Ezeltainn) in the gentleman's area or something like that in retaliation. But it wasn't until he tried to explain himself for the accident, which seemed to hold water thanks entirely to the state of his legs, that Stellar even made a move; let alone say anything.

"It's OK, I've got you," said Stellar as she slowly began to descend to her knees, selflessly keeping the poor guy's head on her large pillows of a buxom with her free hand, so he wouldn't have got smacked head first into the floor. She then pushed the plate of cookies aside, before trying to nurse his legs back to health so he could stand again. It was a long and solid massage that she gave them, and she didn't even stop in response to the remark from a nearby Empathy Bird. Instead...

"Hmph, cute," she said sarcastically before turning to address said Empathy Bird, her smile quickly fading, "But you fail to realize that this was a complete accident."

However, something was about to interrupt Stellar's genuine attempt to nurse Ezeltainn back to health. Someone, obviously not Minori 'cause otherwise he wouldn't have been on the side pouting, had decided to go ahead of him and tried to fix the machine using Animus. And somehow, Minori wasn't surprised by the result; cider spilled everywhere and got anyone and everyone near the machine, including himself, Stellar and Ezeltainn. It mostly got Stellar in the chest, which she didn't emotionally react to, but crossed her arms afterwards since it was rude to allow a certain part of the breast to be revealed. She was wearing a white dress and a white bra underneath that after all. But as soon as the idiot got into a confrontation with someone else...

"THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I SHOULD'VE FIXED THE F***ING MACHINE!!" Minori finally snapped, "All it probably needed was an old-fashioned tune, of which I had tools for right here to one side of my skirt! But no... everyone has this mentality of 'ooh, I've got Animus I can probably fix it faster nyeh nyeh nyeh nyeh', the same BULLSHIT that IDIOTS THINK OFF!! Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta go change 'cause my clothes are wet through! But I'm bringing back Sigil with me, and if I see another idiot do another fuck-up, I'll have it fight said idiot on the SIDE OF THE STREET!!"

With that, he stormed out of the main hall via power walk, leaving his big ultimatum to sink into everyone's heads. He could only hope it would teach people a lesson...

[hr]Flashback[hr]The man's question made Caeil went silent.

''Damn, why the hell this always happen whenever I try to just be nice to someone?'' she thought.

A minute had passed, and the man still looked at her, waiting for answer.

''Ah-ah, It..It's nothing really! It's not like I wanted to be nice or something to you! No, not at all!'' she accidentally said it loudly, making several other students looked at her.

Realizing her loud voice, Caeil became embarassed, and went silent once more. The man could just shook his head at her actions. And thus, no interaction attempts were made anymore as they walked into the Main Hall in silence.

[hr]Main Hall[hr]As soon as Caeil saw the gigantic boar, she seemed to forget about everything that happened to her this day, and started feasting on the beast like a barbarian, ignoring all the disgusted looks from everyone around her.

''Meaaaaaaaaaaat!''

That is is the only thing in her mind right now.

Lukas, who was still starving, walked into the great hall. He found a chair alone, and ate his boar, which exploded in his mouth with every juicy bite. He wondered further at the intricacy in the Great Hall, but had become used to it at that point. After he finished, he got up, and walked to his dorm. He had a feeling it would be a while until his dorm mate arrived, considering they would all have friends and such to talk to while eating. The dorm room was quite luxurious, it had gold designs in the corners of each room. It was more than enough room for the two of them, and had plenty of space for all their stuff. Lukas quickly unpacked, pausing to look at a set of charred, black clothes. "This is why I'm here." He said, packing it somewhere no one would find it, then taking out his Verass and playing it while laying down.

[hr]

"Only for you, Freed." She said, backing off of the freak. "You're lucky he has a soft heart. Next time he won't be here to save you." She said loud enough for only Vicky to hear. She wandered about, sitting and listening to the strange music she had never heard before being played off in the distance. When it was time for the Banquet, she made sure to sit next to Freed, being as lady-like as possible while eating her boar. Her boobs were sore, and her back ached, but she was happy for the first time in a long time. When she came back to the dorm, she quickly chose the side with the view of the castle, and set to unpacking her many push up bras and short shorts before her dorm mate arrived. She decided that she would change into her pajamas, a pair of panties and a tight tank top. She layed down in the bed, thinking about everything that had happened that day. Her blood boiled when she thought of the obnoxious lady. "I still have no idea what the fuck that means." She said out loud, laying on her bed.

"Well, I...would say that she just ignored us." Isaiah muttered frowning in disappoint as the other girl just glanced at them with a frustrated look before walking off.

But at the same time, now that he was much closer, he looked at the activated Pinnam Ensis and compared it to its standby form, but he moved his gaze over to the cidar machine -which some inexperienced engineer had just overloaded and destroyed- just as Aquilla turned back to him. He opened his mouth as if to say something about her, he might've been about to compliment her name or he might've been about to ask her of her mechanical wings, but then he stopped as the Student Council Leader's voice boomed throughout the entire room in an extremely loud manner.

Isaiah let go of Aquilla's hand and channel Animus through his headphone-like contraption in order to decrease the volume of his surroundings, and this way, he could hear what Seph von Steinsberg (isn't that a Draszeran name?) had to say without his eardrums popping.

Once the guy was done, he let out a "Thank god!" and handed over his extremely heavy luggage -two considerably large suitcases stacked on top of each other- to one of the humanoid automatons with tentacles. As he did so, he paid close attention to the robots. While the robots themselves were hardly notable, having only been built with the advantageous stature of a human and seemingly lacking any combat abilities or originality, he was interested in the mechanics of their tentacle-like arms. After having analyzed it, he made a mental note to design some of his own for Jupiter II, since they appeared efficient.

"So, Aquilla," Isaiah continued in a bright voice, finishing his cookie first. Now that he wasn't using his other arm, it was much more obvious now that he had some kind of strangely-designed gauntlet over it that went all the way to his elbow. "What do you think about Daedalus College and all the other students? Surprised by anything?"

As he spoke, he decided to head in the direction of the boar since, well, why not? Although, the sight of seeing that girl from earlier dig into it like a hoar was somewhat of a turn-off, and she thoroughly disgusted him. How did such a peasant even get into his college? He made another mental note to drop by her dorm room and provide her both a book on bullet motion and a simple experiment to do with projectiles, only because he felt sorry for her and believed that she would need some help if she was to become a proper Knight-Engineer. What a child.

Sarah... cute name..... 

After a cat-fight broke out, he decided that Sarah needed some space (of course he only thought this, as irking her could get him killed at that point in time) and decided to grab a hock of that juicy boar and grab some cider. 

Upon reaching the boar, when no one, well not too many people, were looking, he ripped one of it's legs clean off, and began eating it as he walked towards the cider machine.

"Man, must be a "tricky" machine." he said as he approached it and saw the many people surrounding it.

After watching several vain attempts at acquiring cider, he stepped forward and effortlessly put his cup under it and filled it up.

Many people were shocked at his ability to... get cider? Seriously, what's the big deal? It's externally powered by Animus, once you gauge the size of the machine and the possible size of the technology inside, you just need to put the proper amount of Animus in it. Duh.... 

After grabbing his cider, he sat down at an empty table to enjoy his meal, and relax until he wanted to go to his dorm, and deal with whoever he gets stuck with.

(OOC Factoid: Arthur's skill with machines comes from his experience in making machines. He has made several Animus powered contraptions, the biggest example being his flamethrower/arm, which he uses frequently.)

"It's OK, I've got you,"

To Ezeltainn's surprise, the girl took the accident quite well, as she didn't overreacted in the least, and he was not slapped nor anything worse. Then he couldn't believe when she held his head on the same place with her hand while slowly descended to her kness.

"W-whoa, w-what are you d-doing, lady?"

After she started to massage his legs, he realized that she was actually healing them, and he was grateful for that. Meanwhile, she answered the guy with the strange animal.

"T-thank you."

Ezeltainn couldn't say anything else because he was still dying from embarrassment, less from the accident now, but more from his face not being covered by his headgears, which was enough to bring his shy side out.

However, the treatment was suddenly interrupted because the dispenser spilled cider on everyone nearby, including Stellar and him. The girl crossed her arms to cover her breasts as her clothes were now wet, letting Ezeltainn go in the process, who fell to the floor; as he was close to the floor, it didn't hurt at all.

Fortunately, the short treatment Stellar gave him was enough to make the pain bearable, and he could later stand up and walk again without any inconvenience. First thing he did, was to pick his gas mask up that was nearby and put it back on his face by tying a knot on its band, then he placed his goggles back onto his eyes. With his headgears on, now he could speak less nervously. He knelt to be face to face with the girl.

"Err.. I'm really, really sorry about that. And I can't thank you enough. Not only for not getting angry at me, but also for treating my legs. You are like an angel. I'm in your debt. If you ever need anything for now on, you can count on me. Oh, before I forget. My name is Ezeltainn, and thank you again."

"Ah-ah, It..It's nothing really! It's not like I wanted to be nice or something to you! No, not at all!"

This woman was silent since then, and the two never made a single attempt to talk to each other afterwards, and Krieger only shrugged, and shook his head slightly.

"Well, I guess that's how it is."

[hr]

At the Main Hall, when the meat was finally presented to the students, the woman lunged herself towards the giant boar, and followed behind her. He placed his hand on her shoulder, giving her a tap. He wasn't sure how hard his hand placement was, he never could really handle his strength around people sometimes. He thought he was only giving small taps, but to her it could have been punches or small taps. He somewhat hoped that it was the latter.

"Now now, can't some others have a chance at the food too?"

He took a nearby knife, and started to cut a little bit of the giant boar - an area that wasn't been touched - and took the piece with his bare hands, and ate it whole. No doubt this was some of the finest meat he had tasted in a while, the finest ever actually. He never had such a fine delicacy cooked so well before. He only got whatever was affordable to his group, and that was only so affordable at best. He savored the deliciousness of the meat while it lasted in his mouth, and figured he needed a whole plate of it. He took a plate, and some more meat, heaping the plate, and started to stroll off away into a nearby corner that wasn't crowded with people. Krieger didn't have any friends, nor anything thing he could relate to people. No doubt he tried to be cool to people when he needed, but he never really tried to interact with people as an activity of socializing. That'll probably change through his time at Daedalus College. Probably. . .

"That woman is pretty crazy. Pretty, but crazy."

Once a few others went a got some cider, Amelia tried once more with all her might to get some for herself.  This time she got a steady trickle.  Deciding to be satisfied with that, she filled it up, and by the time she was done drinking, it was time to get her luggage sent to her room and to eat the main course.  She handed off her bag, and a gameboard kit that was connected to the inside part of the Claw Crusher.  Key word *was*, as it had fallen to the floor when she was struggling for cider since she wasn't powering the automaton weapon.  Claw Crusher she kept with her; there was no way automatons built for carrying luggage would be able to carry Claw Crusher without getting crushed if Amelia wasn't channeling her Animus through it.

Once the boar came out, Amelia found herself as one of the last ones to get her meal.  Figuring that it would be awkward to keep an eye on her weapon at the table, Amelia had the idea of using Claw Crusher *as* a table.  As such, she grabbed one of the chairs, moved a good distance away, and laid Claw Crusher flat.  It began to rise off the ground, allowing Amelia to sit down comfortably and eat her meal and not take up undue room.

All she'd done was make a small joke, and tiney, tiny one, and what had cow-tits done. Knocked her on her back. For the next couple minutes Vickky was seeing spots, and only heard pieces of what the ridiculously breated crazy said. 

"Yeah, y-yeah sure," Vickky said extending her middle finger, because why not... the crazy girl had already walked off anyway, so even if she pissed her off more Vickky would just kick her ass next time.

Next thing Vickky knew a huge boar was being brought into the room, and automatons were taking there luggage away at the beckon of the sexy blonde from early. Now that Vickky good a nice look at him he was very sexy. So since the first attempt at flirting had failed... it was time for round 2!

After loading her plate Vickky made her way over to were the blonde was sitting, taking note of his entourage, a burly and very unfriendly looking muscle man, but tall, pretty girl who automatically set off Vickky's !B**** ALERT!. Whatever, though, hot guys were worth it right?

"So cutie, you got a girlfriend, cause if not I'd love to fill that position~" Vickky cast a sultry gaze towards the blonde hoping to have more luck with the men then with the green-haired boy.

Aegis

[hr]

Apparently, Aegis got the masked boy's name wrong and he corrected her. "Ezel..tainn? Hehe, your name sounds like my gun's name. It's pretty funny. I'll call you Ezel instead, if that's alright with you." She replied back to the boy as they made their way to the hall. Once she arrived there with Zeta and Ezel, she saw a whole bunch of people she'd never seen before. Interesting people, weird people, annoying people, the lot. Most of the faces she didn't recognize, but it doesn't really matter to her. She'll have a lot of time to get to know them and rushing introductions on the school entrance banquet didn't seem like the most effective way to do so. Plus, she figured everyone is probably tired from getting shot by rubber bullets. 

A few minutes after entering the school building, she noticed Ezeltainn splitting away from her and Zeta and straight into the... chest of brown-haired woman. While Aigis' breasts are not exactly huge, they're not tiny either. But compared to Stellar's, hers is nothing. Of course, this sparked a little jealousy in a Aegis to the brown-haired woman's. Also, the equipment in her head has piqued Aegis' interest. A few more minutes pass, and she just stood beside Zeta, sometimes looking around her to see if there's anything interesting, or sometimes at Zeta himself, as something about him draws her attention. 

Zeta then said something about a cider machine being broken, which might be something interesting to do for her. "A cider machine? And it's broken too? Hey, I wanna show you something, Zeta." Aegis' disinterested eyes suddenly glowed with excitement. She grabbed Zeta's hand and dragged him towards the machine, only to be met with disappointment. "Aw, it's just a spill? Bo~ring... And there I thought I can show off my skills..." She grumbled. Soon enough, the spill was fixed as well. However, she still found a use for the machine. She took out an empty glass container and placed it under the cider dispenser and channeled a her Animus to activate the machine. Thinking that dispenser was activated (which it isn't), she turned around and looked at Zeta. "Say, I haven't introduced myself haven't I? The name's Aegis. I hope we get along well." She extended her her other arm to greet Zeta with a handshake. A smile can be seen on her face. 

(OOC: Aegis isn't actually that bad at channeling Animus, as she uses it all the time with her weapons. She just misjudged the amount needed to operate the cider machine)

Audrey

[hr]

As he was among the first to get to hall, he had quite a bit of waiting to do. After finishing his cookies, he just sat down on the lounge chair, looking at his new schoolmates. Some were more interesting than the rest, but he only paid attention to the ladies anyway. At times, he would try and get up to talk to them, but he felt too lazy each time. After all, the lounge chair is so comfortable...

Time passed, and the blonde boy from earlier appeared again to make an announcement. Apparently, he was part of the student council, which means he has some kind of authority over Audrey. "Student council, huh? A student council who thought rubber bullet turrets was a good way to welcome new recruits? This school's gettin' more and more messed up." Audrey thought to himself. After hearing about the feast, he immediately made his way to the table. When he saw the giant boar perfectly cooked on it, he can barely contain himself. He grabbed a nearby knife and cut out a large portion of the meat, before picking it up with a conveniently placed fork near him and devoured half of it. Audrey was a fan of any kind of meat, but this boar meat is one of best he's ever had. 

"The smell, the texture, the taste, the juiciness... Oh man, if every meal's like this, I might actually like this school..." Lost in the enjoyment of eating such high-class food, Audrey lost his self control and began thinking out loud. 

"My name's Stellar; and you're welcome Ezeltainn. I would've liked to keep going, but I need both hands for the massage and... well, a whole arm to cover up where the cider spilled," speaking about the spill made Stellar think about Minori and how she acted, 'That reminds me; I'll have to see if Minori's calmed down tomorrow, since that spill also badly upset him as well. For now, I'll just see if I can send him a few slices of meat and another cookie... and maybe a glass of cider too.'

With that, now that the machine was proven to be working correctly the whole time, Stellar poured a glass of cider for Minori, while also filling up a couple of water bottles of cider. She then picked up the plate of cookies again. There looked to be about eight left, which was plenty. Finally, she gathered three plates. The first one she placed a proper portion of roast boar meat onto, before placing the glass of cider and a cookie from her cookie plate, before finding a roaming automaton to take this first plate to Minori's room, where she'd be waiting. Detecting the precariously balanced glass, the automaton treaded very carefully. Then, noticing there was still plenty of meat and unwilling to let it go to waste, Stellar piled the other two plates sky-high with meat, before balancing the two plates, the plate of leftover cookies and both water bottles to her room to eat and drink herself. After all, she wasn't expecting anyone else to eat it.

Both Minori and Stellar ate their plates of food in bed, before turning into the night.

When the girl that Zeta now knew as Aegis said she wanted to show him something, he saw her eyes spark with excitement, and once again, got dragged off, this time, to the cider machine. She seemed disappointed that it was only a spill, rather than some other sort of breakage, grumbling about not getting to use her skills. Watching curiously, Zeta saw her place a glass cup under the machine after it was cleaned up, and he could detect a flow of Animus, but it was not enough to make the dispenser function, which she didn't seem to notice. When she offered her hand out with a smile, Zeta grasped it firmly, but not too strongly with both of his hands, forgetting that his left hand would be rather obviously inorganic, being a brilliant silver. Smiling in happiness, both of his eyes wrinkling closed, it could also be heard in his voice. [font='courier new', courier, monospace]"Thanks for being my [acronym="He enunciates this word slowly, not really having ever said the word before."]friend[/acronym], Aegis. I've never had any [acronym="He enunciates this word slowly, not really having ever said the word before."]friends[/acronym] before. They're having Dire Boar. Want to go get some… together? I'll get Ezeltainn too!"[/font] Turning to look at the other one person he could consider a friend, he waved, this time with his right hand thankfully, not revealing it to the entire crowd. [font='courier new', courier, monospace]"Ezeltainn! Come on over, let's go eat some boar together!"[/font] If anyone looked at Zeta, they could say he looked like a person who bore a great weight, but was finally learning to relax, in this strange, yet wonderful new place, overflowing with happiness.

'So this is where I'll be living...'

Amelia had retired to her room before her roommate, evidenced by the luggage still neatly stacked on each side of the room.  Well, at least it would had been if Amelia had bothered to pack more that just some changes of clothing and her gameboards.  Since she still had the room to herself, Amelia took the time to unpack what she had.  Most of the clothes she had were light and easy to move in, though she did also have a heavy jacket and a fancy embroidered ball gown, the latter she took care in putting away.

With the clothing away, Amelia took the time to take in the room itself.  It was minimalistic, with a bed, desk, chair, closet, and mirror on each side of the room for the two who would be living here.  On the opposite side of the door was a single window, looking out onto the courtyard below, and the rest of the city.  Besides the beds, all the furniture seemed fresh and unused.  The bed looked well worn, which made Amelia raise an eyebrow.  'Wonder what happened to the other things here?' Amelia thought to herself.  Since she wouldn't be getting any answers anytime soon, Amelia decided to pass the time by setting up one of her gameboards on her desk and play a solitaire game.

"My name's Stellar; and you're welcome Ezeltainn. I would've liked to keep going, but I need both hands for the massage and... well, a whole arm to cover up where the cider spilled,"

Only after this comment it ocurred to Ezeltainn to act as a gentleman and lend her his jacket, but Stellar was already serving cider to another girl, apparently a friend of hers. He decided to take his jacket off and place it on her back anyways. Hopefully the jacket would be big enough to suit her.

"Here, have my jacket to cover yourself. You can return it to me tomorrow, don't worry about it."

And before waiting for an answer he ran to join Aegis and Zeta, after the latter called him.

"Ezeltainn! Come on over, let's go eat some boar together!"

"Hey, Zeta! What boar? Whoa, that thing is huge!" He had not noticed a boar had been placed at the table until then. "And sure, you can call me Ezel, miss... hmm... sorry, but I didn't catch your name back then." He accompanied Aegis and Zeta to the table.

After being calmed by the mysterious man and eating the boar like normal people, Caeil slipped outside, going straight into her room. 

As soon as she arrived there, she noticed that she's not alone. Another girl has arrived first, and currently playing some kind of board game. She decided to not say anything to her, and immediately unpacked her stuffs. She then examined her broken contraption once again.

"Hmm, apparently the only things that went broke are the joints and the sails. This should be easy..." And she immediately started to work fixing it in her bed.

The other girl seemed to be kind of annoyed by the noise, but she didn't do anything yet, still focusing on her board game.

Both of them stayed silent as they were focused into their own worlds, trying to not notice the other person across them.

Having spent the party with Sarah, he was quite exhausted when he got out, almost collapsing outside his room. Through the door, Freed heard music and stood up straight again. Upon creaking open the door, he found his roommate, who was a light-purple haired boy named Lukas Verone according to the Dorm Roster, playing some strange instrument while lying down on the bed. Deciding that he was really too tired to be curious, he plopped down onto his own mattress with a contented sigh.

"If you don't mind me, I'll go to sleep now," he yawned, and turning away, he closed his eyes, bringing a serene, peaceful expression upon his face. It would be a while before he fell asleep, however. This was an alien environment, it had been a while since he had slept somewhere new, and across the room, he felt strongly his room-mate's presence as well as the feeling of something darker. Deciding to ignore it as he felt no malice towards him and he was too tired to deal with anything, his thoughts wandered on to the events of the day, which then brought him chronologically to ponderings about tomorrow and the day after that. Truthfully, he never actually went to school, his childhood days had been spent working in the fields alongside his family and friends in the village.

A few ears appeared in Freed's eyes. One flowed down, leaving a wet dot on the bedsheets. It was fine though, Freed never felt alone, these tears were torn out of both happiness and aching sadness. He felt them always there with him, never able to speak, but able to bring comfort and empower his spirit nonetheless. The tears receded and Freed rubbed his eyes.

The soothing song of happy memories from the past and the warm feeling of a security lulled Freed slowly to sleep.

Lukas was tired, but it appeared that his instrument was helping the other boy, Freed, according to the slip he got, to fall asleep. "Alright, sleep tight." He said, plucking away some more on his instrument. When he noticed that Freed had fallen asleep, he set his Verass down by the side of the bed, and closed his eyes. He knew he wouldn't getting much sleep, but he thought that he would try. Before falling asleep, Lukas thought of the student turn of events that had gotten him here. He had smuggled himself on a ship, arrived here, then, somehow, got found by this esteemed college. Wait, how exactly did this college find him? How did they know.... His thoughts trailed off as he fell asleep.

As she was asked even more questions that she wasn’t completely sure of her answers to, the boar put onto the banquet table. Its sheer size astounded Aquilla, and she briefly wondered how something of that size could have been taken down. “Well, to say the least, I am surprised by how strong everybody here is. Unlike me, not everybody could just fly past the turrets, and yet so many of them are here, and they hardly even look worn out.” Recalling the events prior, Aquilla remembered the crash and felt her bones and muscles ache. “Speaking of which, I am pretty beat up from my crash earlier, so I think I ought to go rest.”

After quickly eating a roll and some of the dire boar’s meat, she stood up, pushed in her chair, and walked away from the banquet table up to her dorm. After arriving in her room, she checked by the door. Sure enough, her luggage, which had been delivered to the school previously, was sitting right inside. “Belonging to a rich family sure does have its perks…” Aquilla could only imagine the disaster that could have happened if she tried to fly carrying all of that. Seeing two beds in the admittedly crammed room, she dragged her luggage over to the bed that was further from the door and hung Pinnam Ensis from the headboard.

Opening her suitcase, she pulled out a pair of pajamas and quickly changed into them, crawling into the bed and staring at the ceiling. However, rather than going to sleep, she simply laid there and stared, trying to comprehend all the events of the past few hours. Closing her eyes, she drifted off to the point where she was almost asleep, aware of what was going on around her, but only barely. 

Before Polly could reply to the clearly ignorant girls inquiry, some young boob had come along to use the cidar machine. Everything seemed fine until it rocked violently, provoking Polly to screech loudly and fly off in shock. Johannes laughed silently at Polly's very rare shock. The bird flew back to him and landed quite hard on his back. "LEARN HOW TO OPERATE A CIDAR MACHINE YOU BOOB!" Polly cried from the very safe distance he had just created.

Johannes snorted again, which did remind him that he was pretty thirsty. Too bad the machine's cidar cache was now splashed all across the floor, so he'd just have to lump it for now. Though he might have to lecture the young man on Animus control, seriously, it's as imple machine, it wouldn't require that much force. It's like a sled, you don't need 4 horses to pull it.

"Your attention here!"

Johannes cupped his ears in pain. Someone was using Animus amplification and it hurt like hell to someone with extraordinary hearing. His head racked as he carefuly adjusted the volume level, until he could reasonably understand what the hell the young man was saying. Ah, so they were the Student-Council... weren't they a little young looking? Well, authority figures aren't so ard to deal with so long as you feed their egos, and these egos look like they could consume that buffet whole.

A tentacle automaton was waiting expectantly by his side, and he just nodded to the lobby. Polly turned somewhat stiff, as if in a trance. "It's in the lobby, just look for the Siederling Seal on it. It's quite large, so you can't miss it" Polly chirped in a refined tone.

The automaton hobbled off, and did manage to successfully find the suitcase in question. Johannes' belly rumbled quite loudly, and that dire boar looked delicious. The other students were already crawling around it like ants, so Johannes' voted to wait a bit. Even with their numbers it was a huge boar, plenty for everyone. "What the heck is that? Boar, or, pork as the Britannians call it. Big difference from beef. Yes, I hear boar are quite tasty, though you usually find them more often in Gallia. Their kind tends to eat roast boar underneath the night sky to celebrate a successful battle. Not exactly commonplace anymore, but it was a tradition back then. Jo, screw the history lesson, I'm starving here."

Johannes nodded in agreement, and did manage to spot an opening in the boar pile. Taking one of the plates left out by the automatons, he managed to squeeze into the mass and cut off a generous helping of the boar. His keen eyes scanned the rest of the table, and spotted a rare sight. It was a Noctyle Deathweed Soup, but oh? No one was trying it. Well, it was an acquired taste after all.

Johannes licked his lips as he took the ladle and took three scoops of it into a waiting bowl. He spotted an empty chair nearby, and sat down with his meal. He placed the plate of meat to the floor, which Polly gleefully took over for him. He cradled the warm soup and sniffed in the disgusting aroma. He smiled warmly at it, before taking a soup spoon and gave it a light stir, before digging in. Deathweed Soup tastes like your tongue is being jabbed with needles repeatedly, and then the needles get replaced with fire. Johannes enjoyed the sensation quite a bit, and in a few moments had already drained his soup dry. The burning feeling always reminded him of the dinners they had at the vonSeckendorff estate.

They were a very peculiar couple, but had very good taste in exotic fair. Polly gurbled loudly, and Johannes looked down. There was a piece of boar clenched in his beak, and he was holding it up to Johannes. Looking around, no one was paying him much mind, so he grabbed the meat and chewed on it. It was a rich flavour, but, it could have used a bit more salt.

He took the plate from Polly and ate what few strips of meat were left. He still had the napkin from before, and he cleaned his fingers of the grease. Observing the watch kept in his pocket, he noted that this would be a good time to sleep. The others were still crowding around, so at least he wouldn't be bothered much. Like a shade he left the hall full and content.

[hr]

Following some directions he got, Johannes found the dorm rooms quite well. The first thing he noticed was a second bed. "Wow, a bed for me too. Now that is flash" Polly remarked.

Johannes didn't even need to think!say his disapproval; though, he did notice there was a small landing above his bird, perfect for a big mouth bird. "Up there, seriously?" Polly remarked.

Johannes nodded. The bird rolled his eyes and flexed his wings, flapping lightly to reach it. "Could use some cotton."

Johannes looked to his bed, and grabbed the pillow that was there. He handed it up to the landing, where it was wrenched from his hands. Polly didn't thank him, but Johannes knew it was there in any case. His room mate wasn't here yet, so Johannes felt it fit to undress there and put on his nightshirt. It was a long and gaudy thing, but was perfect for those hot Ai Mercan nights. He tucked himself into bed, and was out like a light, though not before setting his alarm for an early wake-up.

Amelia sighed.

She had cornered herself again. Maybe it was an unwinnable layout to begin with, but it still was frustrating.  'At least it was a good time-waster,' Amelia thought, having noticed her roommate enter the room.  She remembered her from the introduction ceremony - she was the one who had a humongous appetite and had to be calmed a bit to eat normally.  She seemed to be working on some sort of machine; though Amelia  couldn't tell what function it had in its current state.  The young woman seemed focused, so Amelia merely sat there and watched her, content with waiting to see what the final product was.

Several Hours later

[hr]

The other girl in the room seemed to have fallen asleep, while Caeil still focusing her mind on her contraption.

"....and this goes here, while this goes here. Hmm, the bedsheet seems quite good, they might make for a good sail. Oh, I forgot to do this and this...."

Caeil went on and on fixing her automaton all night long, while humming a childish melody, though not loud enough to disturb anyone.

[hr]

Letty went for a walk around the academy during that night, admiring the beauty of the stars and the garden.

"Ah, how I miss my old days in my hometown. Britannia is a magnificent country, but the people lacked the ah, something that made the people in my country interesting. 

Still, I wonder why the principal insisted on recruiting me as a teacher here, even after the two years I has been teaching here. I lacked the usually needed skill at engineering, and I'm not exactly a fan of Britannia, especially since I'm a Gallian."

She then walked around the now-silent main building of the academy, while admiring its design.

"Even after two years, this intricate design still able to amaze me.

...I feel like staying here for the rest of my life..." she mused. 

After a while, she got tired and got ready to return to her room, getting ready for the next day.

[Dinner here?]

[hr]

After eating, Ezeltainn went to his room. The lights were off, but the light from outside was enough to dimly illuminate the room. He was relieved to see his suitcase as he had lost track of it. It was next to a bed assumed was assigned to him so after closing the door he was just about to drop on it when he noticed his roommate was already in his bed. Ezeltainn couldn't tell if he was asleep but slowly approached him to try to recognize him. That's when he heard the breathing of someone else, which appeared to come from above.

"Is someone else here? Is this a 3-people dorm?" he thought.

Ezeltainn took a look at the roof and saw that animal that looked like a bird.

"Oh, so this must be the guy with the strange, talking animal. It looks dangerous so I better be cautious." He slowly walked away from his roommate. Then he started to unpackage his belongings and quietly put them in their respective places on the room, and left his sleepwear (short drawers and a plain white shirt) on his bed to change afterwards. He put the suitcase to the side of his bed, and placed his automaton Ryzewik, which had been at his back the whole time after he deployed it, next to the suitcase. He considered changing into his sleepwear but since he was tired and his legs needed a rest badly he decided to not bother in the end and just lie on his bed until he fell asleep.

Archived