Astropunk | OOC | Started | Not Accepting |

.:Blu:.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are some suggestions for Gavin, Sonic:

1) For a Main Pilot, he's a bit too young at only 20 years old. I would prefer a minimum age of 24+.

2) In Gavin's personality, you mention he makes a lot of hasty decisions. Now this may be because you didn't think of an alternative word or phrase to what you really mean, but hasty is basically saying he makes quick, unwise, and inaccurate decisions. That doesn't bode very well for a Main Pilot nor does it support his claims of being a superior pilot. Perhaps replace that paragraph with another that describes how he is able to adapt quickly to a situation and perform well under pressure instead of him making hasty decisions. If the academy taught him not to do it, he should listen.

3) Gavin's Orion G-13 comes with a department in front of the gun to store an extra magazine. Honestly, I think that's kind of a poor design and that could be replaced with a better feature. Perhaps have a stun gun-esque feature or something more useful than a compartment for an extra magazine; you can store extra magazines in a pouch or a compartment on your holster.

4) Maybe add a feature to Gavin's MOVA that allows him to fire the Aquila from the MOVA unit, itself. Not really a required feature but it would add functionality to your MOVA considering the Aquila is stored onto it.

Sorry, Blu. I didn't get it done Friday like I said I would. I'm trying to finish up abilities now (I forgot about them as well as some other things when I said what else I had to finish) and then I'm hitting the hay since I have to work early tomorrow and it's already pretty late. Tomorrow will just be some pictures to toss onto there, write up the personality I already have mostly figured out, have Kyng and maybe Kaka as well look over it, make any necessary changes needed, and then have somebody post it.

Kyng seems to really like what I have so far and also what I plan to do so that's something to look forward to, right?

Sure Smile, here are some of suggestions:

1) Jyre's MOVA ExModule increases his strength up to nearly 4000% more than the average person? That's way too much. Scale it way back. The most I would suggest is up to 2000%, nearly double a regular MOVA.

2) Add into the Myrmidon MX's description the size of its shells and explain how Jyre carries extra ammunition with him in a battle.

3) Moving onto the MOVA features, all three seem fine although you should add a range to the DED when it goes off. Also, with the Detonator, maybe add a feature that allows Jyre to send nanobots to deactivate the bombs. Furthermore, nanobots from the MOVA could be used to repair parts of the ship as well.

Here are some suggestions for Gavin, Sonic:

1) For a Main Pilot, he's a bit too young at only 20 years old. I would prefer a minimum age of 24+.

2) In Gavin's personality, you mention he makes a lot of hasty decisions. Now this may be because you didn't think of an alternative word or phrase to what you really mean, but hasty is basically saying he makes quick, unwise, and inaccurate decisions. That doesn't bode very well for a Main Pilot nor does it support his claims of being a superior pilot. Perhaps replace that paragraph with another that describes how he is able to adapt quickly to a situation and perform well under pressure instead of him making hasty decisions. If the academy taught him not to do it, he should listen.

3) Gavin's Orion G-13 comes with a department in front of the gun to store an extra magazine. Honestly, I think that's kind of a poor design and that could be replaced with a better feature. Perhaps have a stun gun-esque feature or something more useful than a compartment for an extra magazine; you can store extra magazines in a pouch or a compartment on your holster.

4) Maybe add a feature to Gavin's MOVA that allows him to fire the Aquila from the MOVA unit, itself. Not really a required feature but it would add functionality to your MOVA considering the Aquila is stored onto it.

Alright, I'll fix it right away It's fixed! ^^

On behalf of Desu, I present to you all...
[spoiler=Alphonse Cassidy]Kwr3iFp.jpg
"I won't back down. My spirit is as hard as steel alloy, strengthened with up to 2% carbon- yeah, that's the one they use in Rock Drills with a melting point of 2800°..."

Personal Information
Name: Alphonse Cassidy
Alias(es): Al; Alph; Genius; Human Calculator; Nerd; That Mechanic Guy
Sex: Male
Date of Birth: January 21st, 2536
Family: Franklin Cassidy (Father; Alive), Rodger Cassidy (Father; Alive), Annabelle Yeager (Stepsister; Alive)
Position on Crew: Mechanic (he can assist the system engineer if need be)
[spoiler=Appearance:]

8dibCAG.jpg

CAUCASIAN.gif

Alphonse stands at a fairly average height of 5’11” with a weight of 168lb to match. Despite his pale complexion, gained from plenty of hours or even days locked indoors to tinker with stuff, he has a fairly toned physique which was most likely achieved from the fact that a lot of the stuff he tinkers with is heavy machinery. He has had quite the number of cuts and burns and although most have healed over time some are still visible as scars. Most of them can be seen on his arms and even more so his hands but he’s made sure to at least properly bandage any recent wounds and even then they’re not typically visible due to the gloves he’s normally wearing. More of his typical work apparel would be his tool belt and Hyper Analytical Goggles (H.A.G. for short) but his H.A.G. is something he’ll wear casually as well. On his left arm he wears his watch and on his right he has his MOVA which, like the watch, is worn over the gloves when he is indeed wearing them.[/spoiler][spoiler=Personality]There’s truly no denying Alphonse’s status as a genius and it’s something he never felt the need to deny either but to simply label him as that would be ignorance. An intellect hard to parallel with the sense to use it would be a little bit better. Drive is something he lacks in the slightest and with it he has decided to become a master of technology. A mechanic. An engineer. All sorts of different titles but all that encompasses the massive network diagram of technology has, by his own decision, been made his goal. In more typical terms, he’s a smartass workaholic with a heavily apparent love for all things technology.

His workaholic nature has gone as far as to have him lock himself in his home garage for three days straight simply tinkering with things until in exhaustion he somehow managed to hit himself in the head with a wrench and make him realize how poor his condition was. Of course, since then he’s had a mini fridge stocked with food available in his place of work and a watch to help him not lose track of too much time. His social life is still nearly nonexistent though.

When it comes to people it’d be unfair to say he’s bad with them. Bad with women but not really people as a whole. When speaking to women there’s a certain uneasiness he feels. He’s generally only interested in things actually related to technology but with it being the year 2560 the integration of technology in a subject is actually fairly easy even if the subject matter he might delve into may not be so and even then that’s just how to garner his initial interest. Past that point he’s never really one to say no to learning something new or just general conversation except, when again, speaking to a woman. In which point he may try to avoid conversation altogether.

Having two fathers is something that never bothered Al and he feels it had no detriment whatsoever to him as a person. Some would argue that the lack of a mother lead to his poor skills with women but he attributes it more to a poor relationship with his stepsister. Regardless, he’s an incredibly open minded individual when it comes to matters of things like love and faith despite the fact that he typically takes more of a logical stand on things. For the most part he’s fairly indifferent to religion as a whole and such viewpoints only ever come up to him when somebody else were to actually ask about it.[/spoiler]
Combat Information
Strength(s): High resistance to heat and pain; Remarkably high intelligence; Technologically savvy; Ambidextrous and pretty damn good at it; Quick learner
Weakness(es): No combat experience or training; Overconfidence in his intelligence; Not very good with girls to be quite honest; no actual weapons; Gets sunburned easily; Lack of interest in many subjects
Weapon(s): None.
[spoiler=MOVA Features]Glory Schematics- Highly detailed schematics of every millimeter of the Glory Model 7 downloaded right onto his MOVA for easy access.
LoggerPro- A must have application for anybody who does anything physics related. Works with his goggles to analyze information in the greatest detail possible and record it for future reference.

The Weekly Wrench- A highly popular newsletter for people that actually care about this kind of stuff. It details recent advancements in technology as well as new products out on the market.

Telekinesis- Allows the user to lift a total load of 500lb from a safe distance of five yards and move it to a desired location at a max speed of 10,000m/s divided by the weight of the object with a maximum speed of 10m/s. The closer the user gets to the object the more weight that can be carried (up to 500kg) but this is not recommended as a simple safety precaution and the limit begins to overheat the MOVA. Getting farther away will begin to drastically decrease the load by 50kg per yard which means in some cases the user must also move with the load. Multiple items may be able to be lifted but only at 75% of the MOVA’s maximum capabilities. When this program is running no other programs are able to run as well.

Gravitational Field- The MOVA alters the gravitational field a maximum of five meters around the user (although using this max is quite strenuous on the MOVA itself) to half or double the amount of gravity already existing.[/spoiler][spoiler=Ability(s):]Genius Status- Alphonse has been an undeniable genius since the moment rational thought became apparent in him. He easily became a force to be reckoned with in the academic field and was constantly at the top of his classes. Calculations are done with incredible ease in his head and with his incredible talent he became a young star in the world of engineering.

High Tolerance to Heat and Pain- Unlike his genius status this isn’t natural. This is an adaptation gained through an incredible amount of time spent dealing with machinery. More specifically the heat coming from them and the pain brought upon from working with them. It isn’t nullification but rather a greater ability to deal with some of these worse conditions.

Technologically Savvy- He can take apart and put back together any piece of technology you throw his way. Sometimes he’ll show off and do it blindfolded.

Minor in Computer Programming- Although it isn’t his most highly regarded skill it’s one he’s dabbled a fair bit into and can do rather effectively.[/spoiler][spoiler=Other Tool(s)]
What Alphonse lacks in actual weaponry he makes up for in his wide arrange of futuristic tools.[spoiler=Plasma Saw]plasma_cutters_by_korblborp-d34arq0.jpg

The plasma saw is possibly the deadliest of tools in Alphonse’s arsenal if used in the right hands. The plasma saw features amazing cutting abilities that makes mincemeat of even some of the hardest materials that can be found on earth while still boasting a surprisingly lightweight design. At its normal minimum length the plasma saw is only six inches long but is able to extend to be a maximum of two feet in length. Although it could potentially be used as a weapon it isn’t designed to handle much stress so good hit to a mechanical part could break it.[/spoiler][spoiler=Hyper Analytical Goggles]IMOeB22.jpg

Goggles with one of the most sophisticated digital hubs ever created. They can give the user detailed information on the motion of what is being viewed in less than a second’s glance and send it over to the MOVA for even more information and graphs that would have simply flooded the user with information. The goggles also have an excellent optical zoom function that can either magnify an ant on the ground to look the size of a young pig or allow Alphonse to see someone up to one-hundred feet away as if it they were clearly endangering his personal space.[/spoiler][spoiler=Lunar Multi Tool System]Scott-Zenteno-MOON-Power-Tools.jpg

Possibly one of the most expensive multi-tools out on the market and for very good reasons. Not only does it have a life time guarantee but a dark energy battery as well to make sure it never runs out of power when you need it most. Not only that but it has transformable modes. Watch in the flash of an eye as it becomes a drill, hammer drill, impact driver, reciprocating saw, soldering gun (this is more or less just a small part that pops out), and even a flamethrower (warning: recommended setting is low in order to prevent serious burning of self and others). This mighty fine piece of work can be seen strapped to Alphonse’s back unless he’s already on his back working on something but with its high durability it’d be able to take his weight with ease. It’d just make his back sore is all.[/spoiler][spoiler=Tool Belt]0MmdNLp.jpg

There isn’t really a whole lot to say in regards to this. It’s a tool belt he dons in order to carry around a few of his more commonly necessary tools such as wenches that are in plain sight along with a hammer and a few screwdrivers in his right pouch. In his left pouch he carries his plasma saw.
[/spoiler][spoiler=Gloves](Same gloves as in the appearance. You should get it by now.)
Highly resilient and heatproof gloves advertised to be able to withstand even the plasma saw for at least a second. Whether this is true or not isn’t something Alphonse is very willing to find out. They were very expensive gloves after all.[/spoiler][spoiler=Watch]One of the most useful tools created by mankind. It allows Alphonse to tell time. Of course, when he really gets into his work he’ll completely forget he even has this useful device so he has an alarm set on it to go off every so often to remind him to eat or use the bathroom.[/spoiler][/spoiler]
Other Information
• Alphonse's theme is Crystalmethequins from the ablum "Homestuck Vol. 9"
• His parents named him Alphonse because they thought it sounded super smart. It was only a coincidence that he turned out to be. Also, I secretly liked that this is an FMA reference since Blu’s character’s “name” is Elric.
• Alphonse was adopted a year after a nasty divorce Franklin had with his ex-wife in order to be with Rodger. In this former relationship Franklin had a three year old daughter; Annabelle. Although joint custody was 50-50 Annabelle seemed to be more on her mother’s side of things when it came to anything throughout life and because of that she never really tried to have a good relationship with Al. It’s this that likely lead him to be poor with women.
• He got out of college at the age of 22 and since then he has taken up jobs from many of the larger companies and he’s even done some rogue writing for The Weekly Wrench. It’s no surprise really that his name would be out there enough to qualify as the specially picked mechanic for the Glory Model 7.
• He f*cking hates...Kyrosians.[/spoiler]

So question about Warp Travel. How exactly does it work? It it wormhole technology? Or does it compress the space between point A and point B?

[spoiler=Visual Clarification]
[spoiler=Wormholes]
When you think of wormholes, yo think of portals, right? Kind of right. Here's how it works:

This is normal space:

A 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 B

When a wormhole forms, space bends in a way so that point A and point B meet, similar to a sheet of paper:

A B
0 9
1 8
2 7
3 6
4 5[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Compression]
This is normal space:

A 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 B

Compression causes the space to be, well, compressed so that A and B are closer together. If normal space is a spring, compressed space would be that spring with the coils bunched together:

A0123456789B

By extension, the space behind the vessel is expanded, so the laws of Conservation of Mass and Energy are not broken.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Also, did the real Elric select the Glory 7 crew, or did the fake Elric bring his own?

Smile, I specified the method under the "Important Terminology" section. Although I used a simplified description, it's the compression method. As for the crew question, the real Elric gathered the crew as the plot mentioned.

Alright, it seems just about everybody is done aside from Admiral, who has until 6 hours from now to complete his app. I'll be deciding who to accept today.

Alright, it seems just about everybody is done aside from Admiral, who has until 6 hours from now to complete his app.

Yeah... about that.

I'm gonna have to pull out in that case. Normally I'd get a move on instead, but the meeting I have to go to today will cut into at least half of that time, and the resulting 3 hours isn't really enough time considering the state my app's in. Even if I try, I'll only run into writer's block sooner or later :/

Still, I'll come back and view who gets accepted and who gets axed.

So after much thought and deliberations with my review team (who shall remain anonymous), I've decided that the following people are accepted (in order of app appearances):

1) Kyng

2) Kakashi Hatake

3) Hotaru987

4) Sexy Sexy Cardboard Box

Everyone else, thank you for your interest and participation in the OOC.

So after much thought and deliberations with my review team (who shall remain anonymous), I've decided that the following people are accepted (in order of app appearances):

1) Kyng

2) Kakashi Hatake

3) Hotaru987

4) Sexy Sexy Cardboard Box

Everyone else, thank you for your interest and participation in the OOC.

Well...guess third times wasn't the charm this time...oh well, gotta work hard next time.

Congrats to the chosen ^^

Archived