How to make a custom header

Toffee.

I know it's not exactly rocket science, but still...

Also, I figured a topic would be more helpful, then a status that people would have to go digging around for.

[spoiler=V1]8075ProfileTemplate.jpg[/spoiler]
5969ProfileTemplate2.jpg

Save this version, then open it in an image editor of your choice^
Aside from the buttons(Donate points, find content, etc), which have a default grey-ish transparency on YCM, the marked areas are just for reference, on the off chance you want to do something specific when them and/or the areas they take up. Kinda' like how on my profile, I have my status bar kinda' sorta' clipping into that purple box:
62654ExampleThing.png
So really, you don't even need to worry about said boxes, since, again, they are just for reference. So go right ahead and erase/color over/etc the whole 500x1087 box, and customize it to be your own profile.

When your done, save it as a .jpg(I don't know if other types work yet).
Now to upload it: My Settings -> Profile Customization -> Click the button to browse for said file. There is no limit to file size, btw, according to YCM. After you upload it, just hit Save Changes.

So hopefully, you should be all ready to go.

EDIT: Fixed the template. YCM updated real fast, and it threw some things off; V2 is up.

pJH8LSg.png

Is there a way to add a picture to the background? If so, how do you do it?

If you upload a file, by default, it will stretch to fit the whole thing. You can also tile it, and I guess, in that scenario, the pic will stay the same size as it was, but will tile it across your header area.

I believe it is only for 5000 or more post members, as was the previous profile backgrounds.

I suppose I could try editing my post count just to see, but I'm pretty sure it's actually that the Senior Member and Moderator Member Groups that have the ability. It's just set that you get moved to the Senior Member group once you hit 5000 posts.

They're off for a good reason. It's always been set at 5000, and we didn't change it when we got background so why now?

I didn't mean setting Senior members below 5000 - just setting the background at something less than the Senior members status.  I feel like it'd be pretty cool if everyone could use the feature and not just the people who've posted 5000+ things to the board.  Sure, it'd be something to garner activity if they REALLY wanted a background, but not everyone has time enough to post that much, and some people would just like having their profile look a little nicer.

I didn't mean setting Senior members below 5000 - just setting the background at something less than the Senior members status.  I feel like it'd be pretty cool if everyone could use the feature and not just the people who've posted 5000+ things to the board.  Sure, it'd be something to garner activity if they REALLY wanted a background, but not everyone has time enough to post that much, and some people would just like having their profile look a little nicer.

We'd have to set Senior Members below 5000 to do that. At any rate, I wouldn't mind setting Senior Members to something lower. I bet a lot of active people won't ever see the Profile Customization tab during their entire stay here on YCM if it stays at 5000.

• 4 weeks later...

We'd have to set Senior Members below 5000 to do that. At any rate, I wouldn't mind setting Senior Members to something lower. I bet a lot of active people won't ever see the Profile Customization tab during their entire stay here on YCM if it stays at 5000.

I agree with you on that last point.

Archived