Envoy to Systania

Aix

ENVOY TO SYSTANIA

The sun had barely peeked over the horizon when the sky docks were already busy with labourers rushing to and fro, loading crates filled with riches and supplies aboard the airships berthed there. Of the myriad vessels of all shapes and sizes in view, one massive skyship took the spotlight and held the attention of all who gazed upon it. Moored up on its very own special spot high above the rest, the H.E.S. Kalondria had been personally commissioned by the High King to be constructed with the latest technological innovations.

It was truly a beautiful fusion of art and science. Silhouetted against the daybreak sun one could clearly make out its sleek steel form that could traverse even the void between worlds. It's majesty was only magnified as various towers and spires had been placed atop its steel frame, crowning it as a castle in its own right.

“My castle in the sky,” Lord Kyron muttered to himself with a smile, and he felt like a king. Taking slow, deliberate steps forwards with his long scarlet robe flowing behind him, the High Ambassador of the Valrune Confederation approached the spectacular scene before him, before he abruptly spun around to the sound of footsteps behind him.

“Come to enjoy the beautiful morning sky... Your Eminence?” Though the speaker, a white-haired elf with grey robes, wore a bright smile upon his face, his tone was incredibly dry and mocking. Lafyr forbid such a tone to be actually used in the Valrune Administration offices lest all hell break out between the prideful nobles there. Lord Kyron, however, smirked as he felt he heard a trace of bitterness in the other elf’s voice. Of course, this was his moment of triumph - he was promoted by His Excellency the High King Sayr Oberon himself to take command of this very important mission. As his rival since the moment they had met, the other man was only right to be bitter.

“The sky is but an illusion, an Optical Magic of the highest grade perhaps, but naught but a sly facade akin your supposedly good intentions, Arahael,” spoke the High Ambassador. The elf, Arahael, too, was a politician - an actor, a liar and a wretched cheat who pranced on the stage of the Valrune Administration and his mastery of his expressions were second to none. They say birds of a feather flock together and the two elves had known each other for the longest time, both having been born from noble families high in the top echelons of Valrune society and mingled at the ostentatious balls that the nobility liked to hold.

“Oh come now. I rose early in the morning to come see you off. It does no good to receive your friends so coldly,” said Arahael. He scratched the back of his head and gave an abashed smile. Though they knew each other for so long, calling each other friends was a stretch. Few elven nobles could afford the luxury of these things called friends nowadays, especially not friends outside of their own noble Houses. Kyron did not even know if he could count on Arahael as a political ally.

Kyron looked at him for a moment, attempting to pierce through his “friend”’s mask and discover what dark intentions lay beneath, but even under his fierce glare Arahael’s guise did not break. He could, however, tell that Arahael was genuinely in a happy mood, and, contrary to what a real friend should feel, this actually made him worry all the more. Nevertheless, Kyron decided to soften his expression and only look slightly cynical. It was better to go along with it for now.

“Come now, smile! This is your big day, is it not?” cried Arahael, his expression suddenly brightening a few degrees more while Kyron’s turned into a frown as Arahael appeared to be treating him like a child. “Now, now, that’s the wrong way to curl your lips. Up, not down.” Unable to resist, Kyron complied. “There, there we go.”

“Milord! It is time that we board the ship!” The two elves turned to see a smartly dressed young human woman rush towards them. She came to a screeching stop in front of the High Ambassador and gave a very low bow, her auburn hair flipping over with the momentum. “All preparations are ready, the captain says the ship shall be departing soon. It is best that you take the time to orient yourself inside.”

“Ah, then, I’m afraid this is where we bid farewell, Arahael,” said Lord Kyron and, spinning in a manner that allowed his robe to billow behind him, he then promptly headed towards the skyship with his assistant tagging on behind him.

Arahael watched his long-time acquaintance take his leave with an amused smile on his face.

The speakers rang out from aboard the HES Kalondria. The High Ambassador’s voice rang throughout sky docks heralding the start of the very first mission by the Valrune Confederation to the foreign lands beyond. “This is your commander speaking, High Ambassador Lord Kyron Calathnos. All hands report to the ship at once. His Excellency’s Skyship Kalondria will depart in ten minutes!”

“Whoa, the ship is huge!”

Celia could only look in amazement to the magnificence that is the imperial airship in front of her. The elegant design, everything was screaming high-class.  She walked into the gentleman that guarded the entrance to the ship, and showed her pass to him.

“Thank you, officer~!”

Celia immediately tried to find her room inside the ship, which was for the most part still devoid of people. After finding it, she threw her huge backpack into her bed, before burying herself on the comfyness and softness that was the bed.

---------

Meanwhile,  Gvord was having quite a problem with the guards.

“..You’re telling me that I’m too old and too famous for this, kid?

A whack straight to your head would make for a good lesson.”

Well, he was the one that was having the problem with them. Before things could get out of hand, Gvord realized that he was wasting time schooling the guardsmen, and ran straight into the ship, trying to find the kitchen as quickly as possible so he could start preparing it before the next meal time.

What a beautiful day, such a lovely clear sky, or at least, a lovely substitute of one. Yes, in truth Lord Verace wanted ot believe it was a real sky, but the truth was a cruel thing, and he was always reminded of the cruel prison this existence was; always overlooked by that fake sky.

The holy ho-hummed to himself as his small entourage fussed around him, his luggae, what little he had, exchanging desperate hands. They all so adored their lord, and it pained his heart to have to part for this grand voyage. Their fears were little though, as he most certainly would be back; oh yes, he'd make sure of that.

His robes swished in the light breeze as he presented himself in front of the two guards who were receiving the boarders. They regarded him critically, though they were rather confused at all the fawning people around him. "Pass please" the left one grunted.

Lord Verace smiled beneath his respirator as he fished in one of his many pockets in order to remove the pass. The guards ran it over in a whole second, and allowed him passage. The entourage all cried out in sorrow as Lord Verace took his suitcase and seperated from them; but, he was a kind enough man to offer them one last regard. "Do not cry my children, for I will see you soon. May the light bless you all and I wish you good health for the rest of your days" he said solemnly and walked towards and into the ship.

[hr]

Lord Verace had spent some time to admire the work gone into the ship. Elven craftsmanship was a thing of beauty, and he had admired the design for the many days before he was to leave. The contours, the curves and the angles. It was all such perfection. Perfection, yes, what a word. All will be perfect, yesss, so very perfect.

There were times Risa felt very glad, that humans sometimes had a weak spot for her kin. It made it so easy to get things from them simply by swinging around her tail and using the right tone of voice. Getting herself a way into the HES Kalondria had been no exception; "plus guest" were the words this man's ticket read.

"You look like a pretty important man, sir!" She giggled at the short, chubby man she walked alongside; "I'm amazed you did not already have someone to accompany you for this trip!"

The gentleman let out a stuck-up chuckle and looked sideways at Risa- then passed a hand behind her waist and pulled her closer. "My little girl, don't think about small details like that! We'll be onboard the most important ship in all of our world in a few minutes. Why don't you just enjoy the show I'm about to give me, as much as I will enjoy your being here with me? You little shit?"

Risa recoiled, in a completely calculated way. This was not the first time she was handled this way, even if in this case there was more to the job than the interaction in question. She let out a small, loose voice in complaint. "Your grip is too tight! It- it hurts."

It did not matter. This filthy pig was almost a literal stepping stone. The security check was a piece of cake, this man did have an invite to this ship to accompany his constant ogling. Soon they were in his private room. He was some sort of high-diplomat whose presence in the ship had quite possibly been achieved treacherously. Whatever, Risa thought; he has a cait fetish, and now I'm in. But I have to get rid of him, don't I.

"Well," she said with a giggle as the lights of the room dimmed in disgusting anticipation; "maybe until the ship takes off, this is fine~"

After all, I can start spreading the Word once throwing me off this ship becomes a crime.

Unlike most everyone else that had stepped inside HES Kalondria, Noah Lyman was one of the ones who opted to sneak aboard, and managed to get inside its loading bay. Sure, there were a few guards around to ensure no-one was loitering around the area, but they were few and far between, and it'd be a rare occurrence for them to expect any kind of ambush. But lo and behold, one was about to take place, and right underneath their noses too.

In the meantime, Noah scurried over to an open shipping container and waited inside, while two guards, a human and an elf, walked through the door that she was intending to get through to make it into the lower levels, standing on either side of the door while Noah was waiting for an opportunity. The two guards remained still for a while, before they talked for a little bit, the human cracked a joke, the elf voiced how he didn't find it funny and then the two bickered over it. It was just then that Noah made her move, sneaking around behind the human guard and lobbing a brick that she just randomly picked up at him. The elven guard didn't see Noah throw the brick, nor did he see the brick itself until both it and his human companion collapsed onto the ground in one big heap.

"Huh... about time someone clopped that humorless prick in the back of the GYAAARRRGH!!" the guard recoiled as he looked back up to see Noah heaving appeared out of nowhere, before raising his spear in an interrogative manner, "State your business, Elysion!"

"Ooh, shiny," said an unphazed Noah as she ran her finger along the metal point, "Must not see much blood. Why, is it supposed to be brand new or something?"

"I've said it once and I'll say it again; state... your... business!" the elven guard repeated, much to Noah's dismay.

"Look, I just wanna get on the ship like everyone else; is that so hard for you to accept?"

"His Excellency wants no knowledge of Elysions being on Kalondria... least of all the likes of you!"

"Oh, so you all know about what I've done up until now, huh? Great, that just means ya should be prepared for this!" after saying this, Noah immediately withdrew her assault rifle, holding the elven guard at gunpoint, "And don't try any hocus pocus either, I'll only outgun you in that department too."

The elf could only frown in dismay after hearing that last bit. His first thought was to call for back-up, but even if he requested it immediately, it may not arrive in time to save him knowing Noah's itchy trigger finger. Speaking of Noah, she too seemed to be waiting on someone in particular.

'Now where the hell's Sophianne up to, I wonder?' she mentally asked herself.

Quinton stood for a minute admiring the beauty of this magnificent work of science. All of a sudden he heard the announcement for departure in ten minutes.

"Well i guess it begins" he mutters to himself as he takes one more puff of his pipe.

He walks over to the ship entrance and says to one of the guards "Care to help an old fellow out, these bags are quite heavy" one of the guards takes his bags and showed him to his room. It was a small dimly lit cabin already equip with a microscope and a few other materials he could use. He unpacked his bags and sorted all of his herbs and clothes into drawers with excitement. He is finally getting the opportunity to make some new discoveries which has him elated. He sits on his bed and re-lights his pipe. 

The view from the upper towers was breathtaking, though Gwynevere wasn't one to dally over such idle things.  Her personal room was of human design rather than elvish, per her own request, and it contrasted starkly with the rest of the lithe elvish architecture.  She was but one of the few human nobles aboard the HES Kalondria, and for good reason; the king did not like keeping many nobles not of his own kind around during historical events.  

Yet, as excited as she should have been, what with being one of the first humans to have traversed the abyss, she was astoundingly bored.  The only entertainment she had had on this trip so far existed in the form of horrifically common pick-up lines that some of the floor workers had doled out while taking her luggage up to the top of the ship.  As charming as it was, she declined all dates and even berated one of the workers for making a pun.

Eventually her boredom had reached critical mass, and, with a huff, she exited her room, making her way to an elevator to take her to the lower deck.  She felt a tad lonely.

The guard confronting Noah was knocked aside from a gust of wind, causing him to hit his against a wall in such a way that he was knocked out. Another Elysion tip-toed across the floor, biting her nails as she looked at what she had done. "Sorry!" she whispered. She grabbed the men, laying them next to each other with their backs against the wall before she made her way next to Noah, having taken a communicator from one of the guards, which she gave to Noah. "That's… that's the most I'll have to do, right?" she asked. "We just knock out of the guards if they try to stop us? Nothing more than that?"

Without waiting for Noah to respond, Sophianne began looking back, holding her spear tight. "We should be quick, Noah. I don't want to keep Era'Toka worrying about me." The avian Elysion looking after Sophianne was probably just outside the ship, though it was highly unlikely that he'd be able to blend in with the crowd. Nevertheless, he had warned Sophianne not to get in to deep with whatever Noah was doing, so Sophianne thought that it was best for her and Noah to in and out of the HES Kalondria as fast a possible. Of course, that depended entirely on how Noah wanted to go about this. It was still difficult to read her intentions, after all.

Skylar rushed onto the site where the HES Kalondria would be departing from just as the 10 minute warning was announced. He was worried he wasn't going to make it as he didn't take the most optimal path, a path that was teeming with creatures that Skylar had to plough through. Needless to say it was an interesting journey to say the least, but at least Skylar got there and he was impressed by the look of the skyship.

"Now that is an awesome looking ship." He said in awe knowing that he couldn't waste much time looking at the outside aesthetics as he needed to board, but he needed to fish out his boarding pass otherwise his journey would be over before it begins.

Putting his sword away and taking a deep breath, Skylar approached the guard and as he showed him his pass, the guard let out a smile and said to him. "Welcome aboard Mr. Jackson."

"Thank you sir." He replied giving a little nod as he boarded the aircraft to search for his room. The inside of the ship looked just as majestic as the outside, although he figured that not everwhere on the ship is as beautiful as the corridors that he was walking through, but he couldn't help but admire the elvish architecture however.

Skylar looked to his boarding pass to see what his room number was, and it seemed as if they act as keycards so that only they can get access to their rooms, or higher personel, although Skylar didn't notice this until now as his vision turned to the door with the same number as his boarding pass. As he entered the room, there was everything he requested, a sparring bag that he can practice on, weights and even a number of targets so that he focus on his aim.

"This will certainly be an interesting flight." He said to himself as he put down his belongings and headed towards the windows to have one last look of the scenery before the skyship takes off.

Walking up towards the HES Kalondria even as the 10 minute warning was announced, Malek was somewhat amused to see what appeared to be a knight rush past him to reach the guard checking the passes. A smile setting itself onto his face, Malek made his way up to the guard and showed his own pass.

"Everything seems to be in order, welcome aboard Mr Wasco."

"Thanks, it's good to be here. I'll get going in then so I can find my room before takeoff."

Walking on in, he looked at the key card he had been given and compared the location on it to the map in front of him. Finding where he was and where he needed to go, he wandered off into the ship, quickly finding his way to his suite and walking in. As he did he looked around at his suite, happy to see it had been decorated in blues and greens, by his request it had been made to look more like the coral structures found in his home village rather than taking the refined elegance of the elves. Walking into the en-suite, he could see they'd followed those requests into that room as well, removing the shower and adding instead a small pool sunk into the floor of the room, giving him a place he could swim in and relax in private if he wished while leaving the bath and toilet intact, and likely extending the room to fit the pool as well. Walking into the other door in the en-suite, he found the wardrobe, as well as the door back into the bedroom from it, before deciding to unpack his suitcases ready to set off.

"His Excellency’s Skyship Kalondria will depart in ten minutes!”

The announcement could be heard from a long ways away and a long line of curses escaped Norz's mouth as he rushed off in the direction of where the announcement came from, with his little bag of belongings slung over his shoulder. He was sprinting at a breakneck speed and his fast reflexes allowed him to dodge the other pedestrians on the street as he left them in a cloud of dust. Continually cursing as he ran, causing many a mother to put their hands over their children's ears, he finally arrived at the large platform that was the loading docks while panting heavily. "Oh Lord Orcus, I made.... !! What happened here?" There was a string of unconscious guards in the lower bay and he started squatting down to examine each of them. "No, no, no time to be worrying about that the ship is about to... !!" A deafening horn told him he was too late, the doors had closed and the ship began to move. "No, no, no, please." With an almighty leap, he jumped and landed on the little ledge before the door and started madly banging on it.

It had no effect whatsoever, the ship was built too sturdily for him to really make a din. He started to panic. The ship wasn't going to stop any time soon, and the journey was due to take weeks. Grimacing, he climbed up the ship's hull and slowly scaled his way towards the front of the ship.

---------------------------------------------------

The horn sounded and Lord Kyron smiled with anticipation as he felt the rumble of the engines. He stood by the window on the bridge, looking back on the grand city of Sentralis, with it's thousands of towers and spires and million insignificant habitants going about their insignificant lives. They couldn't even fathom his greatness and the monumental meaning of this moment. Glancing to the side, he caught Arahael waving at him. Looking closer, there was something in Arahael's hand. "Pass me the binoculars, Maya."

"Y-Yes, milord."

Lord Kyron brought the lenses to his eyes and what he saw brought a look of shock unto his face. Anger began to boil in his veins. What was going on? Why did he have that? Of course, the intent of Arahael's visit became all to clear. In the end, Arahael had won and the proof of his victory was clear in his hands. Arahael was waving a handkerchief at him, a pink one, but the significance was what was inscribed upon it. The insignia on the fabric was none other than that of House Oberon.

The image of a fair elven maiden appeared in his head. She was smiling. In a tantalizing way. His own mind was taunting him like Arahael was. "I will be retiring to my room, Maya. Do not disturb me there."

"Yes..."

"Curse that son of a b****..."

Suddenly, something came into view on the bridge. It was a lean orc, wearing the garb of the Sentralis royal guard with a sack tied to his back. He started banging on the window, though no sound could be heard through the bullet-proof glass.

"Um, milord..." said Maya, looking quite startled, but Lord Kyron was too far in his own thoughts to hear anything as he walked away supported by his Staff of Command.

---------------------------------------------------

"What the hell were you doing?" A tall, slightly overweight orc warrior berated him heavily and even Norz the Deathless shied back in fear. "Do you even understand the importance of this mission... and... and what are you doing? Playing Jungle Gym on the ship?"

"No, sir, I--"

"No f***ing excuses!" the larger orc roared and Norz snapped his mouth shut. They were standing right outside of the kitchens where delicious odours were already wafting out while lunch for the nobles was being prepared. Of course, the crafty old orc had chosen this place on purpose. "No meals for you for three days, how do you like that?"

To put it blatantly, Norz was horrified. His stomach grumbled loudly as he had skipped breakfast that morning because he had slept in late. "Please..." Norz's face was not the type to be making pleading expressions and the large orc was utterly unmoved.

"Also, for the rest of the trip, you have kitchen duty, where I'm sure Gvord could make good use of your strength." The old orc's bushy white moustache curled up in satisfaction as he saw the aghast look on his subordinate's face.

Lord Verace could feel the rumbles of the engines as he lay in the rather comfortable armchair he had requested specifically for his room. The plush fabric  wrapped around his every contour, and it was sheer bliss, if he were to fall prey to such earthly attractions. He slowly thumbed through a rather spicy romance novel as the ship ascended, and he just gave the scenery a casual glance every so often out of the porthole.

All those oor souls below, so unknowing, and yet, somehow content in their bliss. It broke his heart to know not of the prisons that kept them contained like livestock. But, at least there were a few good shepherds amongst the herd. Catching sight of something far below, he looked through a pair of binoculars to see his followers waving, and smiling. Yes. He knew that smile all too well; yes, they would do their duty well, as too would he. Everything was just a matter of time.

[hr]

After reaching quite the sultry climax, Verace decided to explore his new home for some time. Many of the staff walked past in a tizzy, though he did spare the time to speak to those who stood idle in their duty. They seemed quite content to talk to him, and as their duties became pressing he gave them a blessing and they went off with new life and spirit. "No meals for you for three days, how do you like that?"

Hmm? What was this? Such a gruff and cruel voice tormenting a lower worker? Well, we can't have that can we. Looking ahead, Verace saw what was presumably the kitchen, and a well-fed orc berating a much younger one for some infidelity. "Please..." the young orc pleaded.

The patheticness of such a weak act pulled at his heartstrings, it almost made him shed a tear of empathy. He didn't quite hear the last part as he marched forwards, his slippers making no noise as he stood behind the large orc. "Surely, such action is no necessary my good fellow. What has this young lamb done to deserve such scorn?" he inquired pleasantly.

The rhythmical bumping was interrupted. Something else was moving Risa now, it was most likely the ship taking off. She wondered why the horn's loud alert had not reached her, as she leaped back on her feet and tidied up her long robes to not appear sloppy like they had been a moment ago.

The now rather distressed man lying down sat up on his elbows, visibly annoyed and the caitsith's actions. "What the actual fuck are you doing, girl?!"

"I... uh... you know! I'm done and stuff! You were good, sir!" As if. I have no reason to stay with you anymore you fart.

A smug look of satisfaction appeared briefly in the man's face, but quickly left him. "...That doesn't mean I'm through with you." He gestured for Risa to get closer.

Risa did, with a giggle. As she got closer, she extended her leg and sharply kicked the man in the nether regions. A loud shriek of pain would have escaped his mouth, had Risa not covered it with a furry hand before running out the room in all fours. The man grabbed at her long robe, though; she let it slide away from her and was now running through the halls of the ascending skyship, half-naked.

Minor setback, minor setback. I've worn less on the street before, I can handle it. But now that fart's very well going to kill me if I don't hide somewhere.

"Will you just relax for once in your life? We'll worry about Era'Toka once..." Noah stopped her pep talk with Sophianne cold, when she overheard a bucket-full of colorful language slowly become louder and louder, "Damn it, someone's coming. I could hear that coming from a mile away,"

All of a sudden, Noah grabbed Sophianne's arm and rushed for the shipping container that she'd hidden in before. It turned out to be an orc, who had rushed to the scene, saw the unconscious guards and took off, presumably to raise the alarm. And if orcs were good at any non-combat roles at all, they'd be good at raising alarms.

"Son of a b****," Noah cursed, before turning to Sophianne, "Come on, we better give chase,"

Try as she might though, there was no catching up with the crazy orc that suddenly decided that scaling the hull of the ship was his best option. It was taking every ounce of Noah's strength just to stop herself from losing the orc. But as she finally got a break, Noah collapsed in a heap just outside the window she climbed through, feeling defeated after the failure to intercept the orc. She felt so weak right at this very moment.

'Maybe if I just rest here for a bit,' Noah thought to herself, 'Maybe I'll regain the strength to go on...'

After snuggling on her soft and comfy bed for approximately 7 minutes, Celia decided to start checking the rest of her room out. Much to her surprise, she found several novels under her bed, something that definitely would alleviate her boredom during the flight. Though, her reaction when she found a used smartphone there was quite different, as due to her inability to operate them, she thought this was a quite cruel joke. But she still took it, thinking that it’d sell for some money for her next adventure.

She then checked the bathroom inside her room. The bathroom was pure white, somewhat small, but still managed to fit in a toilet and a quite beautiful-looking bathtub. Celia realized she hadn’t had any baths for at least a week, but decided not to jump into the bathtub right now, mainly due to the ship had gone into the vast blue sky just moments ago.

She decided that she wanted to walk around and see her fellow companion in this flight.

Just as she went outside her door, she heard something that quite disconcerned her, a cry of pain from what sounded like a man. It hampered Celia’s desire to know her shipmates somewhat, but after deciding to take on her trusted rapier with her, she continued with her original intention.

Only to immediately bumping into a half-naked caitsith that was seemingly in a hurry for some unknown reason.

"Uhh...

What are you doing running around half-naked? Ah, thankfully no-one had noticed you going around like this, otherwise...

Well, let's just talk inside. You don't mind it, right?"

Risa swore to herself as she rolled several metres after a figure randomly came in her way. She now felt a throbbing pain below her ears, and hoped whoever had crashed with her did, too.

S***, I'm still being chased by the fart. Got to hide.

"Oowwwwww..." Risa cried in a practical squeal, one of her hands rubbing her nape; "I could've been hurt bad, you know! But I'm fine, so it's all good!"

She giggle a little as she was asked into this human girl's quarters. Perfect, taking off that skirt was a good idea after all. "I- I'm not sure nobody noticed me actually! This one guy must've seen me! He scared me, started yelling at me and I guess I just... ran nyaway from him?

I'd love to see your room! If it's alright with you~"

Standing normally now, she blushed a very well-rehearsed act, truth be told– and lowered her saggy shirt to cover her waist. Still giggling, she sheepishly walked past the human and into the furnished room. The fart would miss her completely now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In all her half-nakedness, the caitsith in front of her was quite cute in Celia’s opinion, though she had seen cuter one during her life in Miriadel, and during her journey. The girl looked like she had no actual business in the ship, looking at her saggy clothing. Maybe she’s a servant to someone here, and she was escaping her cruel master?

The questions filled Celia’s mind, but she already decided on what to do in the situation. Celia went to the wooden wardrobe in her room, and found, to her delight, several sets of clothing quite similar to one she wore. She then placed a set near the caitsith, before sitting on her bed casually.

“Well, there’s some clothes for you. I suggest you to put them on immediately, as I think it’ll be quite cold when the airship’s reaching several miles high up in the sky.

And please don’t be afraid anymore now, as I believe that man won’t try searching this room, and if he does, I believe I can incapacitate him easily.

But first of all, let me introduce myself to you, lady.

I am Caecilia Matella Myrrandell, Celia or Cecilia for short, and I am an adventurer boarding this ship, simply seeking only the thrill of what lies ahead. I hope we can get along well during this trip.

Hm? Well, I mean, you are free to stay here as my roommate. The bed is big enough for more than three people after all.

Well, that's all from me and I guess it’s your turn to introduce yourself. It won’t be funny if I have to call you Meow all the time, right nyan~?”

Celia did realize her offer was quite dangerous depending on Meow’s actual situation. She won’t be able to freely leave the room, and this could spark some conflicts with another shipmate, something that she hoped to not happen. In the end she just prayed inside that her idea would bring more good than harm.

==

Gvordoron looked quite disappointed. Not to the kitchen obviously, as the kitchen was only beaten by his own in his main restaurant and the food supply there was quite top-notch.

No, he was disappointed that the cooks that’s ordered to assist him were newbish, a term he invented which was a portmanteau of ‘new’ and ‘rubbish’, meaning quite exactly like that.

After he spent some time ‘lecturing’ the cooks, he realized that he had wasted his time more. So he climbed to a nearby table, and screamed to the top of his lungs

“ATTENTION, ALL MY FILTHY ASSISTANTS!

BREAKFAST TIME IS CLOSING IN, AND WE HAVE A MISSION TO MAKE IT A DAMN GOOD ONE.

UNDERSTOOD? NOW START WORKING YOU NO-STAR CRAPS!”

He hopped down the table, and walked into the storage room to take some food materials. Everyone in the kitchen were silenced by the old dwarf’s temper and when he noticed it, he exploded once again.

“STOP BEING A GODDAMN STATUE AND COOK ME SOME HIGH-CLASS FOOD!

REMEMBER, THOSE DISHES WON’T COOK THEMSELVES YOU IDIOTS!”

===

"Discipline! That's a soldier's heart and soul and this child has violated the most core tenants of our order! Worry not, sir, this is nothing this strapping young lad can't handle. Please continue with your pleasant day," said the old orc bowing to the hooded man while Norz beamed slightly at the praise. "Stop smiling ye fool! Go now, git in the kitchen!"

"Y-Y-Yessir!" and off he scrambled.

"Norz Riohart, reporting to duty, sir," he said, standing salute to one of the chef's assistant and completely ignoring the diminutive dwarf to the side. The chef's assistant smiled awkwardly and pointed to Gvord. Turning, Norz realized his grievous mistake. "A-Ah, sorry, sir, it's just that you are so short that I didn't notice you..."

Muttering while stumbling along towards his cabin, oblivious to all going-ons around him, Lord Kyron nearly bumped into [acronym='Gwynevere Patronaj']a finely dressed blonde lady[/acronym].

Though his face was invisible to the masses, Verace's stance suggested signs of dissapointment. What a waste of a life; a powerful body like his shouldn't slave away in a kitchen. "What a pitiful sacrifice of a young life" he remarked in a not so quiet way; his tone drenched in dissapointment.

He marked out a quick prayer for the soul in the normal manner of sketching a five pointed star. "My the light bless his way further, and yours too my brother" he prayed and chose to take his leave, sparing his eardrums the shrill cries of whatever cruel matriarch was governing the kitchen.

Such screams irritated him so; it was as if authority felt it could be louder. It was so unpleasant, authority should be felt through concise respect and trust, not simply brow beating them into your thrall. It was a way of life so crudely constructed and yet none sought to change it. Well, that will be changed so very soon.

Risa couldn't help but –this of course meaning actively forced herself to– smile widely and childishly as the human talked about lending her some clothing and allowing her to stay. "I'd love to, miss Celia~! You can call me Risa. St-"

She bit her tongue quickly, blushing; "ehm, father! used to tell me it meant 'laughter' in some old forgotten language, but it was just a silly story!

I really thank you for your hospitality –and the beautiful outfit!– but I'm afraid I can't accept either of them... Master really wouldn't be fine with it. Not without permission, anyway." Risa's eyes shone with a bright spark of childlike malice, like she'd come up with a brilliant idea. She looked dead serious at Celia, and added; "what if..."

The smile she was –apparently– trying to hold flooded her face, "...I were to go and ask for Master's permission, then came back here? I would love to share a bed with a girl for once! It's not like I have any complaints about Master, but..." She hid her bright smile and looked down at her body, as to physically remind the girl sitting next to her that she looked rather underage; "...you know! I'd love to!

I'll go right now! Hold your breath and cross your fingers, I'll be right back!" She got up with a leap, which almost made her hit the ceiling, and ran toward the door; she was just as naked as when she came in, but she was now laughing gleefully. Just before she turned a sharp left, she shot a final childish smile at the hospitable woman and what Risa thought to be a puzzled expression.

Sucker.

Archived