• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although considering he beat the bloody CHAMPION of the Pro League (Strong Ishijima) in a packed stadium, thus ensuring that the dueling world would know about it, I'm a bit at a loss for why he would be considered unqualified. Although I could easily see the people in charge of the qualifiers not counting that duel as it used a previously nonexistent kind of monster/summon, even if his Duel DISK DID accept it.

Also I just noticed that apparently his 300+ duels with Gongenzaka to master Pendulum Summoning don't count towards his win-loss record, for whatever reason. Which is probably a good thing, as him focusing only on the Pendulum aspect might have seriously inflated his loss record.

Also, doubt Yuya would use Xyz, considering that risks putting his Pendulums in the Graveyard, which is counterproductive to Pendulum Summoning.

But generally, Yuya himself using any other kind of Extra Deck summon would be kinda ridiculous. Xyz would definitely not happen since a lot of his Entermates have uneven levels, and I wouldn't imagine how Fusions would turn out. Synchros would come close, but Yuzu comes closer to that. Either way as Faytality said, it's coutnerproductive to Yuya's strategy in case he wants to Pendulum Summon those monsters again.

But since there's a tournament being announced, it looks like the writers are once again recycling the same traditional plot device, but this time it doesn't look like there's no pressure or big influence from LDS or other people, it's just people like Yuya and Yuzu trying to become better duelists under a better status. But for Yuya, it's natural that he'd use the popularity from his win against Strong Nishijima to become as popular as his father.

Personally, I think people don't make qualified is because on top of his 50/50 win-loss ratio, he really has no other decent standings besides facing and winning against Strong Nishijima. Since many people left You Show during the exhibition duel, a lot of rumor was spread that Pendulums weren't even worth the cause for, nor even being credible, so Yuya's win was all Deus Ex Machina that no one could ever take record of. At the very least, no one would consider him being useful in the tournament due to his unorthodox style of dueling.

Sooo it took me awhile to catch up on the last couple of episodes again since me and my friends have this thing were we watch certain anime all together.

So far so good. Glad Yuya didn't technically lose. I felt like Reiji was gonna win and maybe say something like "Now that I can do it, we don't the You Show. Keep your school." Which is pretty much the situation anyway. Any thoughts on the possible effect of Reiji's last FD?

Well, Partnaga would have stopped anything attacking Yuya unless it was over level 5, so unless Reiji could somehow bring out one of his destroyed Hell Armageddons or Xyz/Fusion/Synchro again (not likely under those conditions unless the card in his hand was another DD Night Howling), he wasn't going to be able to beat Yuya. Maybe the set card was something that would have returned his Pendulum monsters to his hand to reestablish his Scales? But it strikes me that his strategy might have needed a turn or 2 to get off the ground, otherwise he would have just won the duel before leaving, as opposed to leaving immediately (unless he was worried Yuya would just find an Action Card, ofc).

BTW, am I the only one that thinks Yuya made a severe tactical decision leaving Fire Mufflion in attack mode TWICE (as well as Partnaga in attack mode once)? If you're going to be summoning a monster that can't attack when you use the effect you're intending to use, put it in defense mode. It's not like having it in defense mode limits it's mobility in his grabbing action cards, we saw him using Fliptoad for that against Hokuto, plus for some odd reason he was running next to it when Reiji first attacked with his Hell Armageddons, rather than riding it (though that could be due to the understandable desire to not be on top of a monster that was about to get pulverized).

I think even in crisis situations, Yuya is too reliant on Action Cards, hence him leaving out weak monsters with low ATK even when he has the option to Pendulum Summon them in defense mode anyway when that's more strategically sound, like in his duel against Sora when he left Discover Hippo in attack mode despite not being able to attack with it over Sora's Furnimal Bear and he then ended up taking a lot of damage from it's battle with Scissor Bear. Kind of makes me wonder how the hell his Deck is supposed to reliably function outside of Action Duels, given how much his deck relies on that medium's mechanics.

Kind of makes me wonder how the hell his Deck is supposed to reliably function outside of Action Duels, given how much his deck relies on that medium's mechanics.

I don't see him ever playing outside of Action Duels, to be honest. That's where he derives most of his entertainment from. It's his schtick.

I dunno. Action Duels require the whole Solid Vision setup. Dunno if they'll have that luxury when the sh*t starts hitting the fan and the world starts ending, especially since it's been established that normal duels exist. Course, this is the franchise that just said "We don't have a road? Put wings on his motorcycle," so I might be wrong. Still, it would be cool to see what Yuya would do when forced to duel without the benefits of an Action Field.

Well, Partnaga would have stopped anything attacking Yuya unless it was over level 5, so unless Reiji could somehow bring out one of his destroyed Hell Armageddons or Xyz/Fusion/Synchro again (not likely under those conditions unless the card in his hand was another DD Night Howling), he wasn't going to be able to beat Yuya. Maybe the set card was something that would have returned his Pendulum monsters to his hand to reestablish his Scales? But it strikes me that his strategy might have needed a turn or 2 to get off the ground, otherwise he would have just won the duel before leaving, as opposed to leaving immediately (unless he was worried Yuya would just find an Action Card, ofc).

BTW, am I the only one that thinks Yuya made a severe tactical decision leaving Fire Mufflion in attack mode TWICE (as well as Partnaga in attack mode once)? If you're going to be summoning a monster that can't attack when you use the effect you're intending to use, put it in defense mode. It's not like having it in defense mode limits it's mobility in his grabbing action cards, we saw him using Fliptoad for that against Hokuto, plus for some odd reason he was running next to it when Reiji first attacked with his Hell Armageddons, rather than riding it (though that could be due to the understandable desire to not be on top of a monster that was about to get pulverized).

I think even in crisis situations, Yuya is too reliant on Action Cards, hence him leaving out weak monsters with low ATK even when he has the option to Pendulum Summon them in defense mode anyway when that's more strategically sound, like in his duel against Sora when he left Discover Hippo in attack mode despite not being able to attack with it over Sora's Furnimal Bear and he then ended up taking a lot of damage from it's battle with Scissor Bear. Kind of makes me wonder how the hell his Deck is supposed to reliably function outside of Action Duels, given how much his deck relies on that medium's mechanics.

I agreed with Gadj on AC part, and for Yuya's tactical decision thing, no, it wasn't a mistake

Mufflion's effect:
When a Pendulum Monster you control destroys an opponent's monster by battle while you control this Attack Position monster: That Pendulum Monster can make a second attack in a row, also it gains 200 ATK during the Battle Phase only. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect.

Yeah Fire Mufflion only has 800 ATK, seems like a terrible choice imo. Entermates, I really like them but seems to be missing something despite already having a nice amount of monsters. Though I can't really say. Maybe more S/T support?

Yuya will probably get better. He's not "Duel Level: Look at Win Ratio" like Yusei, but not "Started from the Bottom" like Yuma either. Somewhere in between which leaves room for growth.

Also yeah, it looks like it's already been established traditonal dueling doesn't exist here. Unless they find some old dueling platform to play on.

I agreed with Gadj on AC part, and for Yuya's tactical decision thing, no, it wasn't a mistake

Mufflion's effect:
When a Pendulum Monster you control destroys an opponent's monster by battle while you control this Attack Position monster: That Pendulum Monster can make a second attack in a row, also it gains 200 ATK during the Battle Phase only. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect.

Oh. Looks like I missed that part of the effect.

Fine, but my point on Partnaga being in attack mode still stands. Also the rest of my point in general.

Traditional Dueling does exist. The Dark Duelist and Shingo had a traditional Duel, during which it was noted that, despite there not being an Action Field, the damage was real.

But Action Duels are what's really popular in-universe, and the professional Duelists use Action Duels, which is understandably more entertaining to watch than standard Duels. So the schools training people to make a career out of Dueling focus on Action Duels.

As for Reiji's Set card...I'm not entirely sure. His previous Traps have done things to cancel out the downsides of his DDD monsters and Contracts. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a card to return cards to the hand, or negate the effects of DD cards. However, he made a statement about showing Yuya the further potential of Pendulums. Maybe his Set card was going to do something like that.

I have no idea what exactly the evolution of Pendulums might involve, other than maybe being able to Pendulum Summon from the Graveyard, or somehow modifying scale values. That mystery is clearly left to be unveiled at a later time.

Traditional Dueling does exist. The Dark Duelist and Shingo had a traditional Duel, during which it was noted that, despite there not being an Action Field, the damage was real.

But Action Duels are what's really popular in-universe, and the professional Duelists use Action Duels, which is understandably more entertaining to watch than standard Duels. So the schools training people to make a career out of Dueling focus on Action Duels.

As for Reiji's Set card...I'm not entirely sure. His previous Traps have done things to cancel out the downsides of his DDD monsters and Contracts. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a card to return cards to the hand, or negate the effects of DD cards. However, he made a statement about showing Yuya the further potential of Pendulums. Maybe his Set card was going to do something like that.

I have no idea what exactly the evolution of Pendulums might involve, other than maybe being able to Pendulum Summon from the Graveyard, or somehow modifying scale values. That mystery is clearly left to be unveiled at a later time.

Ah right. Sorry I actually forgot he existed. Despite the situation is his fault and the countless Yuzu scenes.

Same for the Fire Mufflion Statement. My computer doesn't let me show the latest comments posted as I type.

Me and a friend were discussion since he said "evolution of Pendulums", that it was the latter. Such as a covenant setting the scales automatically to 0 and 11 for any DD card; something pretty broken. But idk, maybe it could have place them both back into the hand like you said as well.

Yeah Fire Mufflion only has 800 ATK, seems like a terrible choice imo. Entermates, I really like them but seems to be missing something despite already having a nice amount of monsters. Though I can't really say. Maybe more S/T support?

Yuya will probably get better. He's not "Duel Level: Look at Win Ratio" like Yusei, but not "Started from the Bottom" like Yuma either. Somewhere in between which leaves room for growth.

Also yeah, it looks like it's already been established traditonal dueling doesn't exist here. Unless they find some old dueling platform to play on.

I think for Entermates to be really good they need some monsters that can Special Summon other Entermates from either the graveyard or the deck. Maybe a once per turn effect but at a cost of Life Points or even having an Entermate monster lose attack and defense. Of course they also definitely need Spell and Trap support.

News flash on the Junior Championships:

http://www.ygorganization.com/arc-v-the-first-opponent-of-the-junior-youth-tournament/#more-6794

2SWraZi.jpg

“This is the power of my perfect recipe!”
The Cooking Duelist, Michio Mokoda(?) (his surname, like many other parts of this image, is blurry)

Uses the Cookmate archetype.

Cookmate Eggong (Cookmate Tamagong, tamago = “egg”)
Cookmate Hyokomugi (hyoko = “chick”, komugi = “wheat”) …Chickrumb?
Cookmate Jagajaguar (jaga – from jagaimo, “potato”) …Ocelotato?

There’s also info on how the Junior Youth Tournament plays out, though it’s currently too blurry to make out clearly.

So this is who Yuya will be seeing soon, and it looks like he'll be a Fusion user, because....Cooking -> Mixing ingredients together, therefore fusing. And since the vagueness of the archetype can go on for many "recipes", he's going to be a recurring side character instead of a minor one I believe. It's a good thing there would be no easy way he can manufacture sweets like Madolche...

Also, it looks like full version songs of Arc-V's Opening and Ending are going to come so...hooray being able to fully listening to their songs.

Cooking Duel? So its going to be that stupid filler episode of GX with the Ra Yellow Headmaster and the Curry Pot monsters all over again.....

I finally caught up on the Subs. Just to claify that I am perfectly fine with people discussing it unspoilered once the Subs are out but I will keep mine Spoilered anyway

[Spoiler=Eps 12 and 13]This has to be one of the most intense Duels that I have ever seen. Reiji being able to use every single Summoning Method was just kick ass. Nice to see a couple of new Entermates as well was nice along with Hippo Carnival (Looks to be a slightly weakened version of Scapegoat but with the Tokens forced to be the Attack Target.

Watching Reiji lose his composure once his monsters blew up though was surprising. All of this time we all saw Reiji as a calm and calculating Duelist that plans everything perfectly. He goes on about them being Protypes but the effects actually make sense with one of the Pendulums doubling its Scale and the other halving it. Overall I am looking forward to the next episode but am worrying that we will be entering filler territory.[/Spoiler]

Also, it looks like full version songs of Arc-V's Opening and Ending are going to come so...hooray being able to fully listening to their songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuHKgGb2XRE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gHr3PZcRC8

I'm under the impression that he's going to reveal himself to be a total psycho once his duel with Yuya starts. He's too happy-go-lucky for my taste.

If that's the case if he has the always-smiling/secretly devious cliche, just what kind of evil food would be have to offer?

Thoughts on Episode 14 (Keep in mind that I am pausing the Episode from time to time to type)

.[Spoiler=]Yuya was obviously PISSED that his special type of Summoning (Pendulum) was used by another person except himself. Obviously he feels like that Pendulum Summoning is what makes Entertainment Duels so exciting and without it, he is nothing. The kids trying to comfort him by saying that whatever happens Yuya can stop LDS didn't help at all..... So LDS was definatly attacked by the Dark Duelist as Xyz Summoning and the name Yuya was mentioned. The headmaster of You Show sounded like he was explaining that Yuya cannot be the only person that could Pendulum Summon as Reiji was the number one Shareholder in LDS meaning that he has access to every type of summoning method AND card available so Pendulum Summoning was easy to figure out. The Headmaster then offered a Duel to Yuya to obviously snap him out of his Goggles Down routine and to prove that Pendulums are still as great as before Reiji used them.

Yuzu was on the phone to someone (not sure who as of yet.) Was actually hilarious watching the Headmaster drag Yuya into the Duel Arena. Yuya needs a wake up call and fast. AWESOME! The Action Field from the opening credits! From the look of things the name is "Magical Broadway" Yuya then comments on how its his Father's favorite Action Field. Headmaster then tells Yuya to show what a Enetertainment Duel is all about! lol no annoying brats in the Pre Duel sequense which makes a change :D Now I see the Headmasters Deck... It's all Sports related? lol lame.....

EDIT: Decided to watch the Duel anyway. Love the way that the Headmaster taunts Yuya by using Pendulum Summoning and basically saying that "Look, even I can use them. Pendulums are not that special but be proud that you inherited the summoning from your Father" Then he throws the cards to Yuya. Nice to see Yuya happy again (only becuase he has a chance to win) and Pendulum Summons 2 new Entermates! (A Eagle and a Tortoise) also a Donkey that he Summoned earlier in the Duel[/Spoiler]

Am going to save watching the Duel for the Subs.

Archived