[901] The Duelist Advent

No point in starting a new topic when this is already on the front page, but let's take a look at what is most probably the TCG rarities of DUEA leaked by the same guys who posted the full BP3 list early.

Ghost Rare 1/1
DUEA-EN053 Stellarknight Delteros

Secret Rare 8/8
DUEA-EN004 Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon
DUEA-EN041 Raiza the Mega Monarch
DUEA-EN051 Baxia, Brightness of the Yang Zing
DUEA-EN061 Yang Zing Comet Trail
DUEA-EN065 Spring of Magical Power
DUEA-EN079 Space-Time Trap Hole
DUEA-EN085 Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss

Ultra Rare 10/10
DUEA-EN018 Satellarknight Deneb
DUEA-EN032 Chiwen, Light of the Yang Zing
DUEA-EN048 El-Shaddoll Midrash
DUEA-EN049 El-Shaddoll Nephilim
DUEA-EN050 Saphira
DUEA-EN071 Stellarnova Alpha
DUEA-EN072 Facing the Shadows
DUEA-EN074 Materialiazation for Yang Zing
DUEA-EN081 Starruin Magician
DUEA-EN095 Felice, Lightsworn Archer

Super Rare 13/14
DUEA-EN000 Dragon Horn Hunter
DUEA-EN002 Foucault's Cannon
DUEA-EN021 Satellarknight Alsahm
DUEA-EN028 Suanni, Fire of the Yang Zing
DUEA-EN029 Bi' an, Earth of the Yang Zing
DUEA-EN030 Bixi, Water of the Yang Zing
DUEA-EN031 Pulao, Wind of the Yang Zing
DUEA-EN043 Hypnosister
DUEA-EN052 Reincaration Dragon Samsara
DUEA-EN054 Castel
DUEA-EN059 Shaddoll Fusion
DUEA-EN073 Shaddollroots
DUEA-EN089 The Traveler and the Burning Abyss

Actually an incredibly good set. Also the last card is probably Monarchs Storm Forth

Secret Rare
DUEA-EN051 Baxia, Brightness of the Yang Zing
DUEA-EN061 Yang Zing Comet Trail

Ultra Rare
DUEA-EN032 Chiwen, Light of the Yang Zing
DUEA-EN074 Materialiazation for Yang Zing

Super Rare
DUEA-EN028 Suanni, Fire of the Yang Zing
DUEA-EN029 Bi' an, Earth of the Yang Zing
DUEA-EN030 Bixi, Water of the Yang Zing
DUEA-EN031 Pulao, Wind of the Yang Zing

Well... that happened.

Are you surprised? They're pretty much all cards you need a playset of to build the Deck. Nothing prompts people to buy a ton of packs more than needing a lot of high-rarity cards.

Well yea, you do need them in multiples, but they typically throw us a bone and make at lest 1 of them a common.
Though, them having a purely foil monster lineup is pretty amusing.

No point in starting a new topic when this is already on the front page, but let's take a look at what is most probably the TCG rarities of DUEA leaked by the same guys who posted the full BP3 list early.

Ghost Rare 1/1
DUEA-EN053 Stellarknight Delteros This can go two ways

Secret Rare 8/8
DUEA-EN004 Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon Fuck
DUEA-EN041 Raiza the Mega Monarch Understandable
DUEA-EN051 Baxia, Brightness of the Yang Zing RIP
DUEA-EN061 Yang Zing Comet Trail RIP in peace
DUEA-EN065 Spring of Magical Power what is this
DUEA-EN079 Space-Time Trap Hole fuck
DUEA-EN085 Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss we knew this

Ultra Rare 10/10
DUEA-EN018 Satellarknight Deneb Understandable
DUEA-EN032 Chiwen, Light of the Yang Zing Laughs
DUEA-EN048 El-Shaddoll Midrash k
DUEA-EN049 El-Shaddoll Nephilim Both? Really?
DUEA-EN050 Saphira Who
DUEA-EN071 Stellarnova Alpha Why
DUEA-EN072 Facing the Shadows k
DUEA-EN074 Materialiazation for Yang Zing lol
DUEA-EN081 Starruin Magician who?
DUEA-EN095 Felice, Lightsworn Archer Better than secret

Super Rare 13/14
DUEA-EN000 Dragon Horn Hunter obvious
DUEA-EN002 Foucault's Cannon I don't understand
DUEA-EN021 Satellarknight Alsahm You only need one tbh
DUEA-EN028 Suanni, Fire of the Yang Zing lol
DUEA-EN029 Bi' an, Earth of the Yang Zing lol
DUEA-EN030 Bixi, Water of the Yang Zing lol
DUEA-EN031 Pulao, Wind of the Yang Zing lol
DUEA-EN043 Hypnosister who?
DUEA-EN052 Reincaration Dragon Samsara don't care
DUEA-EN054 Castel YES
DUEA-EN059 Shaddoll Fusion surprised this wasn't a secret
DUEA-EN073 Shaddollroots surprised this wasn't higher
DUEA-EN089 The Traveler and the Burning Abyss surprised this wasn't common

Actually an incredibly good set. Also the last card is probably Monarchs Storm Forth

Delteros can either be like Star Eater who nears the 30 dollar range or like Amaterasu who never broke 10.

Though looking the list over again, this reminds me of LVAL and PRIO a bit, in how almost everything was either dirt cheap or absurdly high priced. But I suspect the whole set will be absurdly high priced because everything desirable is high-rarity. All the Yang Zing cards and support are Super or higher, and there's like 10 cards that you need 3 copies of. Shaddolls have their ace cards being Ultra, but that's totally fine because you know the Main Deck monsters will be Rare or common, so you only REALLY need to throw money at the big cards.

What I don't like, is how they left many arch-types in the dust that at one time, were able to compete, if not on top.  I mean, magicians... need I say more?  There really isn't any good magician deck any more... and that was a founding arch-type.  Not to mention some of the others from the Original series and GX, which was my favorite series.  And now this Pendulum c***?  I wish they would stop creating more "types" of cards and just update the older arch-types.  But, Konami is too big of a company to listen to their fan base anymore.... *sigh*  Time to throw away my Magician and Pyro decks...

What I don't like, is how they left many arch-types in the dust that at one time, were able to compete, if not on top. I mean, magicians... need I say more? There really isn't any good magician deck any more... and that was a founding arch-type. Not to mention some of the others from the Original series and GX, which was my favorite series. And now this Pendulum c***? I wish they would stop creating more "types" of cards and just update the older arch-types. But, Konami is too big of a company to listen to their fan base anymore.... *sigh* Time to throw away my Magician and Pyro decks...

You do realise that Magicians actually got Spellbooks not too long ago and all Shadolls are Spellcasters yeah?

You do realise that Magicians actually got Spellbooks not too long ago and all Shadolls are Spellcasters yeah?

Nope, didn't realize that... but I don't really count Shadalls as I don't think they work with The Dark Magician.  And, tell me, what type of monster is your profile pic about?  Isn't it one that is outdated and can't compete (Crystal Beast) where is the new support for that?

Nope, didn't realize that... but I don't really count Shadalls as I don't think they work with The Dark Magician. And, tell me, what type of monster is your profile pic about? Isn't it one that is outdated and can't compete (Crystal Beast) where is the new support for that?

Not happening because it's horrible flavor?

Also, Timegazer and Stargazer magician specifically mention Magician Pendulums.

In addition, if an archetype kept getting supported endlessly, it's not a good thing. In fact it's terrible.

Legacy support is fine, but look at something like Elemental HEROes. They're oversaturated as hell, which is a terrible design move.

Supporting the same things forever gets stale and makes it more likely to accidentally design something game breaking.

Archived