(OCG) Structure Deck 27: HERO hype?

Please. No.

Heroes don't need more support D:

They can't fade from the meta for 1 or 2 formats without getting buffed? >.>

I have to agree with this. There are PLENTY of archetypes in GX that would be a great addition to the meta, and Heroes are 1 of the most supported ones in the game already. 

A majority of the Elemental Hero cards are situational, requiring you to have a certain hero on the field, or activated when something special happens. Then there are the extreme amounts of fusions with neos. Remove those cards and you are left with less than half of the archetype.

A majority of the Elemental Hero cards are situational, requiring you to have a certain hero on the field, or activated when something special happens. Then there are the extreme amounts of fusions with neos. Remove those cards and you are left with less than half of the archetype.

I didn't know an Onslaught of the Fire Kings, a themed RotA, a Stratos (albeit banned, and LITERALLY stratos), a themed Avarice, a themed foolish, a themed WALKING foolish, a Miracle Fusion (y'know, Miracle Fusion), a Reincarnation/Gemini Spark trap thing, a card that SSs itself from the hand, a card that SSs bannished HEROes, a themed albeit slow way to add HEROes from grave to hand that's searchable, a direct attacker/MST combo, a plethora of good and generic fusions,  and a Gemini is "less than half of an archetype".

And that's just E-Heroes, not D-Draw and Miracle Contact and other such things.

I didn't know an Onslaught of the Fire Kings, a themed RotA, a Stratos (albeit banned, and LITERALLY stratos), a themed Avarice, a themed foolish, a themed WALKING foolish, a Miracle Fusion (y'know, Miracle Fusion), a Reincarnation/Gemini Spark trap thing, a card that SSs itself from the hand, a card that SSs bannished HEROes, a themed albeit slow way to add HEROes from grave to hand that's searchable, a direct attacker/MST combo, a plethora of good and generic fusions,  and a Gemini is "less than half of an archetype".

And that's just E-Heroes, not D-Draw and Miracle Contact and other such things.

While what I said is a slight overstatement, it still holds true that a lot of the archetype is not used often. There are 61 Elemental HERO monsters, with 2 being unreleased. 14 of those are Neos fusions,  There are around 70 elemental HERO support cards with 25 being unreleased. That means there are around 104 cards in the tcg/ocg that are Elemental HERO cards including the neos fusions.

Now I'm not including Destiny HERO, Vision HERO, Evil HERO, or Masked HERO cards in this because I never mentioned them in my original post, just that Elemental HEROs have a ton of situational cards which aren't used. There are 15 cards that require you to have a specific E-HERO on the field to use, or are equipment for specifically that hero.

While yes they have good cards, I'm not debating that fact, there is still a ton of filler in the archetype that makes up it's 104+ card count.

While what I said is a slight overstatement, it still holds true that a lot of the archetype is not used often. There are 61 Elemental HERO monsters, with 2 being unreleased. 14 of those are Neos fusions,  There are around 70 elemental HERO support cards with 25 being unreleased. That means there are around 104 cards in the tcg/ocg that are Elemental HERO cards including the neos fusions.

Now I'm not including Destiny HERO, Vision HERO, Evil HERO, or Masked HERO cards in this because I never mentioned them in my original post, just that Elemental HEROs have a ton of situational cards which aren't used. There are 15 cards that require you to have a specific E-HERO on the field to use, or are equipment for specifically that hero.

While yes they have good cards, I'm not debating that fact, there is still a ton of filler in the archetype that makes up it's 104+ card count.

Now allow me to edit my post based on this, and resubmit it, based on potency and worth of the support they have, even if it's only on paper.

I didn't know an Onslaught of the Fire Kings, a themed RotA, a Stratos (albeit banned, and LITERALLY stratos), a themed Avarice, a themed foolish, a themed WALKING foolish, a Miracle Fusion (y'know, Miracle Fusion), a Reincarnation/Gemini Spark trap thing, a card that SSs itself from the hand, a card that SSs banished HEROes, a themed albeit slow way to add HEROes from grave to hand that's searchable, a plethora of good and generic fusions, and a Gemini is "less than half of an archetype".

Oh. Well that was one HELL of an edit.

I don't see how you can defend them. The fact that they have a bunch of useless support does not change the fact that they have a lot of potent support, even though most of it isn't going to be used. Any additions to Elemental HEROes could make any of that potent support viable. Look at how many cards on there are on the banlist/deserve the banlist, yet have versions for E-HEROes. They have effing everything.

That's true, they do dabble in a bit of everything and have some overly powerful cards. I guess one of the reasons I am "defending" them is because they were my first archetype and have a bit of nostalgia when it comes to them which is a horrible reason for arguing.

"A new Structure Deck is planned for June 27, with an MSRP of $9.99. Konami did not identify the product, but said the deck will “bring new life” to an older championship-level deck from the GX era."

Assuming KoA's rep meant an actual SJC topping deck, then this has to be Destiny HERO themed.

I'd mostly love to see Evil HERO. Preferably that mixes with the anime Elemental HERO theme, because using Spark Blaster and Necroshade was always among the most fun plays, and the Evil didn't ask for much more deck dedication other than the fact "Dark Fusion only" sucks too hard as a restriction.... If an alternate "Dark Fusion" could be made that could Summon something other than just Fiend-Types but gave you some sort of bonus if you used it on Fiend-Type Fusions, that'd be wonderful. Especially one OTHER than Dark Calling.

I'd grin happily at cloudian support.

Hero support, woo. if they have any more support it's going to look like pokemon with the number of different monsters they get.

it kind of already does.

So many archtypes from GX could have benefitted from a new structure deck. Koalas, Roids, Arcana, mirrors (one of the unreleased archetypes from the show) D-heroes, the skating monsters, venoms, Ect... But EHEROes, the one deck that needs it the least, is the one most likely to get it.

So many archtypes from GX could have benefitted from a new structure deck. Koalas, Roids, Arcana, mirrors (one of the unreleased archetypes from the show) D-heroes, the skating monsters, venoms, Ect... But EHEROes, the one deck that needs it the least, is the one most likely to get it.

Well, IT IS Japan's favorite archetype after all.

Well, IT IS Japan's favorite archetype after all.

That's the saddest thing about it. It might be japans favorite, but it's already supported to the point where if it was a person it'd be collapsing under its own weight. I find it incredibly sad that archetypes that would benefit the most from some extra support get overshadowed by one that's already drowning in it.

But that's just me being whiny. Whatever happens will happen. Fingers crossed for EKoalas Koalas though.

At this point HEROes should be a subtype while we are at it, since it most likely has more members than Spirits, Unions, and Toons combined anyways.

____

All archetypes should be subtypes so the cards can have more unique names instead of the bland-as-sin "[Archetype] Rob" and "[Archetype] Don".

and their boss monsters super[archtype] Tatsurion the unchained.

^I doubt most people will get the reference of what I just did here, and even the ones that do might not find this funny, but it was worth a shot.

____

All archetypes should be subtypes so the cards can have more unique names instead of the bland-as-sin "[Archetype] Rob" and "[Archetype] Don".

I almost doubt the need for types in the game at all. They just started giving that aspect of monster cards a bit more relevance in the Xyz era, but other than that, I think they could have made archetypes be the actual types and types not exist, and it would have been pretty much the same, except for 2 things:
-More original names

-A clear distinction of what words are important to translate consistently to prevent the TCG jumping through hoops to sensor what they need to sensor without ruining mechanics. I mean if something is in the [Type] braket anyone can see it's gonna be important eventually, but names in the early games tried to be interesting, turning into Wizard, Magician, Mage, Sage, Sorcerer, Warlock, Magicman (could happen), etc. for single terms like Majutsushi.

Archived