Yugioh Custom Card Database

Sleepy

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Introducing Pendulum Monsters in the first set is an incredibly dumb idea, especially since we don't even have a properly good idea f how the mechanic works yet. I say scrap that for the time being.

Also at Starman Advanced: Starman > Stratos. Let that just sink in for a second

Introducing Pendulum Monsters in the first set is an incredibly dumb idea, especially since we don't even have a properly good idea f how the mechanic works yet. I say scrap that for the time being.

Also at Starman Advanced: Starman > Stratos. Let that just sink in for a second

I guess I could just take it off and look for it again when we do get a more clear idea of how the mechanic will play out. Though that won't happen until Summer.

Soooo you are right.

Stratos triggers on any kind of Summon, multiple times per turn, and needs no Graveyard setup to perform it's search, is a bigger beatstick, and pretty much the only downside is the HERO-only part, which IRL is not enough of an excuse. Why is it worst exactly?
I guess it could have a limit on the Levels it can search, and be restricted to either "by battle" or "by effect" due to the nature of removal in this format. Other than that, what am I missing?

Actually, I'm pretty sure what Koko is implying is the fact it's splashable.
While I was trying to go for that, looking at it again I can see why it would be an issue.
That, and I could maybe re-work the cost to say you Discard a monster, instead of Banishing one in the Graveyard, so that it always remains somewhat of a +0.

So, topic, what would you guys consider "balanced", as far as a potential omni-searcher goes?
...Or should omni-searchers in general just not exist?

I made an omni-searcher a while back at RC, though it required battle destruction and was basically a Mystic Tomato (requires 1500 or less ATK for search targets).

I don't think that one was problematic.

Though I'll be awaiting your re-working on the card.

Hmm... I'll see what I can do.

I was talking about Armadilloz's card xP

but while we are at it, I think there's something we could correct for Rituals from the get go before they become just as awkward as in the actual game.

Maybe if instead of having your Ritual Spell Card NOT require to only be used on THAT Ritual Monster.

Though, for the sake of flavor, giving your intended monster a small bonus if you use the spell for that monster in particular.

Something along the lines of:

This card can be used to Ritual Summon any Ritual Monster. You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or field, whose total Level is equal to the Level of the Ritual Monster. If this card is used for the Ritual Summon of a "Blazing Incarnation" card. . . . . .

Though if you don't intend for the Ritual Spell to only have that dragon as the only target, you could just say "for the Ritual Summon of a FIRE Ritual Monster" in general. I mean, we are trying to not do archetypes as much as we can evade them is fine, because this is a "first booster in the game" and having those sorts of restrictions is very unnecessary and can actually get un-fun if we go that route at the time of making decks.

I plan on making more "Blazing Incarnation" Ritual monsters, and I didn't want to have to make a separate ritual spell for each one. 

Out of curiosity, do those Rituals have some trait in common?
Same Attribute?

Same Type?
Same Level?

I'm not saying you should make a different Spell for each one. On the contrary. 

What I'm saying is: Could you make the Spell more broad?

You don't have to worry about the abuse of something else since no other Ritual exists as of yet. 

Don't make a Ritual Archetype. 

Instead, use something bigger.

I can give you range over all FIRE Ritual rights in this format, or something along those lines for you to work around without having to resort to "same name" support.

That one will do.

Although there's no reason not to use future Ritual Spells over this one outside of it's use, making it pretty much still exclusive for your cards.

Thank you that you did change it a little though.

I would personally make it a Ritual for ANY Ritual Monster, and give the bonus draw to FIRE Ritual Monsters.

So IMO it's still not broad enough, especially if we end up needing searchers and extreme deck dedication for the mechanic.

In a completely unrelated note. My card:
jzFN8te.jpg

Special Summon this card on either side of the field as an Effect Monster (Plant-Type/ EARTH/ Level 2/ ATK 200/ DEF 1800). (This card is also still a Trap Card). You can select the targets for your opponent's attacks.

That one will do.

Although there's no reason not to use future Ritual Spells over this one outside of it's use, making it pretty much still exclusive for your cards.

Thank you for listening though.

I would personally make it a Ritual for ANY Ritual Monster, and give the bonus draw to FIRE Ritual Monsters.

In a completely unrelated note. My card:
jzFN8te.jpg

Special Summon this card on either side of the field as an Effect Monster (Plant-Type/ EARTH/ Level 2/ ATK 200/ DEF 1800). (This card is also still a Trap Card). You can select the targets for your opponent's attacks.

xD

Battle phase control on a whole new level!

xD

Battle phase control on a whole new level!

The catch is that if you give it to the opponent, the attack control effect if for your opponent to use, so it's not exactly a way to clear the path to damage. Which I found interesting, because I initially did not intend for the card to go either side, it was just a hilarious misunderstanding at RC.

That one will do.

Thank you that you did change it a little though.

So IMO it's still not broad enough, especially if we end up needing searchers and extreme deck dedication for the mechanic.

You might want to keep in mind that the first Ritual spells in the actual OCG/TCG were made for one specific monster. The closest things to being as broad as my ritual spell are Gishki ritual spells.

You might want to keep in mind that the first Ritual spells in the actual OCG/TCG were made for one specific monster. The closest things to being as broad as my ritual spell are Gishki ritual spells.

That's one of the reasons Rituals weren't used.

I know the official game did it, but it didn't work out all that well.

How many Rituals from back then do you see being used? Not even nowadays, but most weren't even used back when they were the newest cards.
For the entire first 8 or so years of Yugioh (befoer 5Ds), Relinquished and Demise were the only good Rituals used, followed by maybe Paladin of the White Dragon and Queen Oblivion. And even then, their Ritual Spells were pretty much replaced by Advanced Ritual Art as soon as it came out. And even then, the decks were nothing without great amounts of searchers.

Even without Advanced Ritual Art, we had Attribute-based Ritual Spells that were barely better than the original Rituals.

Starman Advance:

If this Face-up card is destroyed by battle, with your opponent's attacking monster, you can send 1 monster card; Add to your hand 1 monster from your Deck with the same Level and Attribute as the sent monster. The effect of "Starman Advanced" can only be activated once per turn.
Level 3 / EARTH / Fairy / ATK 900 / DEF 500

This any better?

r5DTB9p.jpg

Is this better?

I like it, it's just the stuff I wrote a couple comments early.

Sorry for being so stuck-up. It's just that we need generic stuff on more or less equivalent power levels, and Rituals just never were good, so they need a push =(

Besides. If it ends up proving to be too strong, we can revert it.

Starman Advance:

This any better?

Ummm where do you send the monster from?

Ummm where do you send the monster from?

Meant to say hand.
It originally said discard, then I went back and just swapped that word with 'Send'.
Whoops.

But yea, it does send a monster from the hand. I'll add that, if that version of the effect is any better.

Meant to say hand.
It originally said discard, then I went back and just swapped that word with 'Send'.
Whoops.

But yea, it does send a monster from the hand. I'll add that, if that version of the effect is any better.

If this face-up card is destroyed by battle with an opponent's attacking monster: You can discard 1 monster from your hand; add 1 monster from your Deck to your hand, with the same Level and Attribute as the discarded monster. You can only use the effect of "Starman Advanced" once per turn.

I think it's fine, yeah.

You can choose "sent from your hand to the Graveyard"  and "as the monster sent from your hand to the Graveyard" respectively for the underlined bits, depending on what you want it to be like.

Continuing from a Skype chat...
[spoiler=Cards in question]
sZzl3LT.jpg

You can Tribute this card: All Face-up monsters your opponent currently controls loose 500 ATK. If this card is destroyed by battle, equip this card to the monster that destroyed it. While this card is equipped to a monster, that monster looses 800 ATK.

qhjBYjN.jpg

You can Discard 1 card and Target 1 monster that is equipped to an opponent's monster: Special Summon it to your side of the field. You can only activate this effect of "Brute Dragopus" once per turn. If this card is destroyed by battle, equip this card to the monster that destroyed it. While this card is equipped to a monster, that monster looses 500 ATK.

8LhwYZT.jpg

"Brute Dragopus" + "Trickster Tentapus"
You can Special Summon this card from your Extra Deck by sending the above Fusion Material monsters from anywhere on your side of the field to the Graveyard. If this card is Special Summoned by sending both monsters to the Graveyard, while neither of them are equipped to a monster: The opponent Discards 1 card. As long as this card remains face-up on the field, all face-up monsters your opponent controls loose 200 ATK and DEF.

I'm likely going to end up re-working Drago, since it suspiciously makes it seem like an Archetype, despite the fact it's meant to give you more options for other plays.
The Fusion could maybe be tweaked a bit.[/spoiler]

so this club is making a new set of card? that's interesting, I'll join this :)

[spoiler='here's my first card']

VXLacOe.jpg

Lore:

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 monster from either side of the field; gain Life Points equal to its Level/Rank x 300. This card cannot attack during the turn you activate this effect. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: You can pay half your Life Points; Special Summon this card. If you do, banish it when it leaves the field.

[/spoiler]

It just occurred to me that we only have 1 Trap.
Lemmie' try and fix that:
6ndLXxt.jpg

Target 1 Face-up monster on the field: It looses 1000 ATK until the End Phase. Then, if this card was activated during your turn, Draw 1 card. You can only activate 1 "Lightning Snare" per turn.

It's pretty random, yea, but... You know... Damage Step shenanigans are always fun.

Archived