Yugioh Custom Card Database

Sleepy

I've been away all of today and even yesterday I was yet to finish updating stuff.

I just hope I don't miss anything.

I won't update tonight though, going to sleep.

Though by tomorrow, feel free to refresh my memory if there's a card of yours that I haven't posted at the OP.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here's some generic thing

IM15aLk.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned, if your opponent control 2 or more Spell/Trap Cards: Target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy that target. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: You can draw 1 card.

You know, out of curiosity, why is Mystical Rebirth a Quick-Play?
Also, I revised Drago and Shark in that spoiler I posted earlier, since they had some typo issues going on.

That aside...
For the revisions of Proto, MK2, and it's Xyz; I vote we make Proto only capable of Summoning MK2, and we also lower MK2's DEF a bit. The Xyz will probably end up gaining like 300 per Machine or something.

yjvFuby.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned, you can add the bottom card of your Deck to your hand. If it is a level 4 or lower monster, you can Special Summon it to your side of the field. This card cannot be destroyed by Fairy-type monsters.

And speakin of fire support....XDD

rgCjEle.jpg

Once per turn, you can remove from play 1 Pyro-Type monster from your Graveyard to inflict 600 Damage to your opponent. This card cannot be destroyed by battle if you have at least 5 Pyro-Type monsters in your Graveyard.

I'm glad to see activity here. Hohoho that pleases my eyeballs.

@DL: I haven't read your 2 latest cards, but I can tell the first one's image is squished. Can you crop it to make it less.. uhh... THAT?

@Armz: Actually the trap at the OP doesn't even count yet since there is no image. There's also the weird Trap Monster I did that needs to get updated into it. I'll update (for real this time) after I finish cleaning the dust on the house (I hate chores).

With regards to Thinker's post...
I went ahead and revised Proto n' friends, and also turned them into actual cards.
Of course, they are open to improvement, but in general I toned down the crazyness of Proto and the Xyz, since Mk-2 was basically fine as-is.

[spoiler=stuff]
PDI9UJr.jpg

If this card is destroyed by battle: Special Summon 1 "Protototype Mk-2" from your Deck in face-up Defense Position.

hk3p2Aa.jpg

Once per turn, this card cannot be destroyed by battle.

aRO5XIz.jpg

2 Level 4 Machine-Type monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; This card gains 1000 ATK until the End Phase. During the turn you activated this effect, other monsters you control cannot declare an attack.

[/spoiler]

Just notifying: I'm looking through the last 2 pages and updating the OP right now.

Also struggling with a few spoilers since for a few updates I lost the Trap Card spoiler altogether. Thankfully it's fixed now.

EDIT:

Updated everything there was to update up until now.

Let me know if I missed something.

DL: make cards for this thread, not ?-year old cards that you can't possibly tweak.

I can tweak them, just not like...NOW. Cuz ya know..no internet...

Also Im looking through my already made cards for the good ones XP

Im not just throwin random ones out there

xsML4hA.jpg

For example, I think this one is actually really nice

When you Normal Summon this monster, you can inflict 800 damage to your opponent. Any battle damage this card inflicts on your opponent is treated as Effect Damage. During your End Phase, inflict 100 damage to your opponent for each FIRE monster on your side of the field.

fuGTzXM.jpg

Also, this one, I kinda tweaked. The Set ID is YCCD cuz of the club. XD

When this card is Normal Summoned, select and activate 1 of the following effects:
-Destroy all monsters on the field.
-Destroy all Spell and Trap Cards on the field.
-Destroy all Set cards on the field.
During the End Phase of the turn this card is Normal Summoned, it is removed from play.

its kinda like Black Rose Dragon, but less Nuke-y XP

Also I just made this one RIGHT NOW

zlVxpeB.jpg

Activate only when a monster you control declares an attack. Once per turn, pay 800 Life points, and select one monster you control. The selected monster cannot be destroyed by battle this turn.

it seems like a nice trap XP

I can tweak them, just not like...NOW. Cuz ya know..no internet...

Also Im looking through my already made cards for the good ones XP

Im not just throwin random ones out there

xsML4hA.jpg

For example, I think this one is actually really nice

When you Normal Summon this monster, you can inflict 800 damage to your opponent. Any battle damage this card inflicts on your opponent is treated as Effect Damage. During your End Phase, inflict 100 damage to your opponent for each FIRE monster on your side of the field.

fuGTzXM.jpg

Also, this one, I kinda tweaked. The Set ID is YCCD cuz of the club. XD

When this card is Normal Summoned, select and activate 1 of the following effects:
-Destroy all monsters on the field.
-Destroy all Spell and Trap Cards on the field.
-Destroy all Set cards on the field.
During the End Phase of the turn this card is Normal Summoned, it is removed from play.

its kinda like Black Rose Dragon, but less Nuke-y XP

Also I just made this one RIGHT NOW

zlVxpeB.jpg

Activate only when a monster you control declares an attack. Once per turn, pay 800 Life points, and select one monster you control. The selected monster cannot be destroyed by battle this turn.

it seems like a nice trap XP

The first one could use a Level drop to become a 1 Tribute card.

The second card could use a "Tribute Summoned" instead of "Normal Summoned". Nuke effects aren't as common here so this is particularly powerful, and the "All Set cards" effect can arguably cover all S/T cards plus a set monster a decent amount of the time if we are at a format in which putting a monster face-down and ending doesn't cost you tne duel next turn. Oveall I don't like it's versatility personally. Field nukes like Black Rose might seem more powerful at first glance, but this guy has many choices to give you the ability to bypass you losing cards better, which doesn't sound too good.

Finally, Level-altering effects are bound to happen, so this guy's Normal Summon can be Tribute-less.

For card removal we so far have single-card removal effects. A situational Exiled Force (which works wonderfully with a certain Trap Monster), a monster that lowers itself to around 1200 ATK a la Breaker, and I don't think there's more actually..... 

The third card, being continuous, you might just want to give it a single-use per turn for real, as opposed to a single use per turn that lasts for the rest of the turn. It's not strictly inferior to "Intrigue Shield" even with that. Actually, even if nerfed like that it'd still be way too annoying since it doesn't exactly attach to a monster and just gives you realm to keep changing what monster you want to protect each turn.

As is, it looks problematic and annoying at the very least IMO. With no way to remove itself like cards that stick to individual monsters....

Soooo that's my constructive critique. 

Edited the OP, but this time not to update the booster spoilers.

I updated the "Goal" spoilers. Pointing out that you can start YVD and leave me out no problem (I have never personally been able to understand how exactly card images are added to them, and it becomes kind of pointless to just play with data card pieces with blanks on them, so I'm probably out of it).

Just so you know.

But anyone interested in YVD is welcome to take the project in that direction.

• 2 weeks later...

Out of curiosity... Are we planning to organize said cards in the OP into various packs of [X]-number of cards, or... ?

Also, considering we have a number of monsters that need Tributes n' junk:
[spoiler=2 Quickies]
N0oQhC3.jpg

If this face-up Defense Position monster battles an opponent's monster, switch this card to Attack Position at the end of the Damage Step. Once per turn, this card cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card is Special Summoned by the effect of "Colorband Wall", this card gains the following effect:
•This card cannot be destroyed by battle.

v2THvM4.jpg

Activate if a monster you control is destroyed by battle. Gain 1000 Life Points. Then, you can Special Summon 1 "Rainbowknight Lancelot" from your Deck(if possible).

[/spoiler]

For now I think it's fine as is. I'd have to work on everything somewhere else and then copy-paste it all at the end in the OP. 

It's actually a challenge to get things updated as is so I don't have a real plan for that until we reach something like 100 or so cards xP

Decided to look over some of the stuff in the OP-
Strike Fighter shouldn't have the ability to Tribute the opponent's monsters.
Bird Princess could be left as-is, but the effect would be re-worded to: "When this card is Synchro Summoned, all other face-up WIND monsters you currently control gain 500 ATK/DEF."
Fire Serpent is fine, but the effect is a little backwards; it becomes: "Can only be Summoned by "Blazing Incarnation Summoning Circle". When this card is Ritual Summoned successfully: Inflict 1000 damage to your opponent. This monster inflicts piercing damage."
Arcane Breaker is fine, but needs an S after 'Control'; Fixing a typo.

Decided to look over some of the stuff in the OP-
Strike Fighter shouldn't have the ability to Tribute the opponent's monsters.
Bird Princess could be left as-is, but the effect would be re-worded to: "When this card is Synchro Summoned, all other face-up WIND monsters you currently control gain 500 ATK/DEF."
Fire Serpent is fine, but the effect is a little backwards; it becomes: "Can only be Summoned by "Blazing Incarnation Summoning Circle". When this card is Ritual Summoned successfully: Inflict 1000 damage to your opponent. This monster inflicts piercing damage."

I've been having this problem with the club in which members don't come back for feedback or to fix their cards at all.

Or they get potentially disheartened and disappointed after I tell them "change x" or "make it more generic", as I believe is the case with the guy that made the Ritual.

What should I do with this?

my bad

[spoiler='fixed it']

IvyZmfV.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned, if your opponent controls 2 or more Spell/Trap Cards: Target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy that target. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: You can draw 1 card.

[/spoiler]

Thing is, nobody really likes to have their cards changed in a drastic manner. It's understandable, but people should also keep in mind that part of the theme of this topic is that cards are relatively made more simplistic, and not over-complicated(But not to an extreme, of course). Or, to put it one way, trying to make things more "fair".

Okay so I had an idea.

So, you know how we're basically recreating yugioh...

and how most types have their own way of playing, right?

What if people focus on types at a time?

See that would make a lot of cards for that type come from that person, and that would make them play out quite well together, rather than being a clusterfuck of cards XDD

Okay so I had an idea.

So, you know how we're basically recreating yugioh...

and how most types have their own way of playing, right?

What if people focus on types at a time?

See that would make a lot of cards for that type come from that person, and that would make them play out quite well together, rather than being a clusterf*** of cards XDD

It was sort of shaping up that way at first actually.

Irrational Thinker seemed to go for a few Machines and then a few Winged Beasts, Sakura was going for Dragons, and so on.

There's more than enough room for this to be a thing, and making it an unofficial rule not in the OP attempts to prevent it from players restricting themselves when they have sudden inspiration. I even gave the Ritual-making guy realm over all FIRE Rituals for him to operate on as long as he didn't make Archetypes.

Thing is, nobody really likes to have their cards changed in a drastic manner. It's understandable, but people should also keep in mind that part of the theme of this topic is that cards are relatively made more simplistic, and not over-complicated(But not to an extreme, of course). Or, to put it one way, trying to make things more "fair".

Yeah, it's hard to update things too radically. I've had that feeling before, but people need to understand what a collaborative project is. 

You and I have updated around 10 cards from the OP, and besides you, there's only one other member that's come back to update their stuff.... 

The fact we have to go out of our way to fix cards somebody else dropped here and unattended to kind of annoys me. I'm seriously thinking on deleting a few cards that are unapproved and their creators don't seem to mind that status at all.

I would like to join in on this thread.
I don't mind my cards to be changed extremely.
I can even even post a card later on today if thats fine with you guys?
Like the idea so far :)

Sure you are in. Welcome~

my bad

[spoiler='fixed it']

IvyZmfV.jpg

[/spoiler]

Oh, and I forgot to reply to this.

To be completely honest I kinda forgot what I was keeping track of in this thread a few weeks ago, so I don't know what this one is updated from, but I have to say thank you a lot for being the other member along with Armz that actually comes back to edit these entries.

Also, I like that card. S/T removal at "1 card when there's 2+ out there" seems to be shaping up to be the norm this format, and I find it really interesting. Also I like the way it's a floater. Definitely an interesting addition IMO.

Yay, i am in too!
I will leave my opinion on existing cards friday or thursday when my test week is over, for now enjoy my first creation:
[spoiler=Demon King]
gChDiPD.jpg
Effect: Your opponent cannot select another Fiend-Type monster you control as an attack target. All Fiend-Type monsters on the field gain 300 ATK.
[/spoiler]
Is it strong, is it too weak, is it too Archetype-like to be in this set?
Give me your opinion :)

Might create some more cards today.

The card maker lets you make cards Fiend/Tuner. You know that, right? O,o
(Just saying, on the off chance you plan to fix that)

as long as he didn't make Archetypes.

As far as Archetypes go, there's also a fine line between something like GKs in the sense that they actually mention eachother, and cards like Fire Fists which, despite the fact they share a name, they support everything in [X] Type, as a means of skating around that.
Or something like that.

Of course, everything is still subject to change(As you've mentioned in the OP), so things should still be fine. Unless they get out of hand, of course.

Archived