Yugioh Custom Card Database

Sleepy

The card maker lets you make cards Fiend/Tuner. You know that, right? O,o
(Just saying, on the off chance you plan to fix that)

As far as Archetypes go, there's also a fine line between something like GKs in the sense that they actually mention eachother, and cards like Fire Fists which, despite the fact they share a name, they support everything in [X] Type, as a means of skating around that.
Or something like that.

Of course, everything is still subject to change(As you've mentioned in the OP), so things should still be fine. Unless they get out of hand, of course.

I feel stupid, since the day that i created my first tuner i always used the formatting i used for this card.
You made me realize tuner monsters with effects don't need another line saying effect.
I feel stupid now xD

As for types, i wouldn't mind handling mostly Warriors and Fiends.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay, i am in too!
I will leave my opinion on existing cards friday or thursday when my test week is over, for now enjoy my first creation:
[spoiler=Demon King]
gChDiPD.jpg
Effect: Your opponent cannot select another Fiend-Type monster you control as an attack target. All Fiend-Type monsters on the field gain 300 ATK.
[/spoiler]
Is it strong, is it too weak, is it too Archetype-like to be in this set?
Give me your opinion :)

Might create some more cards today.

That one is generic enough for the set yes, although it looks a little bit on the weak side.

It'd probably afford to increase ATK and DEF, and if it's too much of a wall (and from the ATK non-Tribute monsters so far are having, it is a solid-enough DEF) you can even make it 1200 DEF so that it's effect makes up for it and it only goes up after multiple copies are around.

I'd also suggest that, unless you have plans for how it's brought out, to make it's Level lower so that future low-Level searching/Summoning effects get a hold of it more easily, after all, 0 ATK is not gonna make all that much on it's own.

YCM has a sub-Type box when you are making a card. You can check the word "Tuner/Toon/Union/Spirit/Gemini" so it appears instead of the word "Efect", which is probably what you were looking for.

The other effect is more of a potential soft-lock, which goes no where in general, and so people find it to be fine.

Though I'd like it if the attack lock had a little extra push like only working while in Defense Position for example.

That way you can have your stall in there but your opponent can use some position-changing effect to get past you without having to recur to the usual card removal effects, since the only destruction effects we have are not exactly the most accessible ones to consistently get rid of this kind of wall. IDK, just a suggestion. Would seem interesting IMO.

Let's see what other opinions say.

That one is generic enough for the set yes, although it looks a little bit on the weak side.

It'd probably afford to increase ATK and DEF, and if it's too much of a wall (and from the ATK non-Tribute monsters so far are having, it is a solid-enough DEF) you can even make it 1200 DEF so that it's effect makes up for it and it only goes up after multiple copies are around.

I'd also suggest that, unless you have plans for how it's brought out, to make it's Level lower so that future low-Level searching/Summoning effects get a hold of it more easily, after all, 0 ATK is not gonna make all that much on it's own.

YCM has a sub-Type box when you are making a card. You can check the word "Tuner/Toon/Union/Spirit/Gemini" so it appears instead of the word "Efect", which is probably what you were looking for.

The other effect is more of a potential soft-lock, which goes no where in general, and so people find it to be fine.

Though I'd like it if the attack lock had a little extra push like only working while in Defense Position for example.

That way you can have your stall in there but your opponent can use some position-changing effect to get past you without having to recur to the usual card removal effects, since the only destruction effects we have are not exactly the most accessible ones to consistently get rid of this kind of wall. IDK, just a suggestion. Would seem interesting IMO.

Let's see what other opinions say.

I know that you can check the word "Tuner/Toon" etc, i just thought you had to write both Tuner and Effect for some odd reason.
I wasn't sure yet what to do with his effect, as i don't want him to be overpowered.
As for its effect,
He is basically a lazy king, who doesn't really align with anyone, thats why his attack counts for ALL fiends.
Same reason he has 0 ATK.
His buff might be risen a bit, to maybe 400 ATK and DEF?
The card which this was based on, an infernity custom, was Level 4, i forgot to change it myself.
I was thinking about either level 4 or level 2.
As for the defense barriers, i am still thinking about excluding itself, as he can loop that way.
Maybe forcing him to be in Defense position is a good idea, as he needs to be attacked with face-down and be attacked, or must be normal summoned in Attack position and survive 1 turn, while people are forced to focus him.

[spoiler=We should totally have something Man-Eater Bug-like]
A8OMiIl.jpg

If this card is flipped face-up during a Battle Phase, you can Target 1 face-up monster on the field: Destroy it. If this card is in the Graveyard, and only because it was destroyed, the following effect is active. You can Banish this card from the Graveyard and Target 1 other Level 2 or lower monster in your Graveyard: Special Summon it in face-up Attack Position or face-down Defense Position. You cannot Normal Summon during the turn you activate this effect. This effect of "Mad Mudman" can only be activated once per turn.

This one is totally unrelated:
KjZwozQ.jpg

FLIP: Add to your hand 1 "Claws of the Night" from your Deck. You can Discard 1 "Claws of the Night" and 1 other card from your hand: Special Summon this card(from the Graveyard). You can only activate 1 effect of "Claws of the Night" per turn and only once that turn.

[/spoiler]
Those aside... Here is Mystical Rebirth with an artwork:
mJ5wRht.jpg

As for the defense barriers, i am still thinking about excluding itself, as he can loop that way.

If he is going to exclude himself, give other Fiends a boost(IMO, should only effect yours), and only let the opponent attack him... You could give him higher DEF. Like, I dunno', maybe 1800 if your still giving low ATK?
Or something like that, since this is just an idea.

Ok I've been thinking about something.

I am probably gonna make a cut mark when we reach card 50 and call it our 1.1.

Then I'll start posting the rest in another post here, which will be linked to the OP. That will be the start of 1.2. I don't intend for 1.1  to be self-sufficient, I just am having a nightmarish experience whenever I wanna update the OP. Which is why I haven't updated the content of the last 2 or so pages into it yet. That and I have less time on my hands than I'd wish (sorry about that).

When the second 50-card mini-set is filled, I'll organize everything as much as I can and fuse them into the first Booster Pack of the club.

I wish there was some sort of DN equivalent to "can use custom cards". YVD is something not everybody can do. I'll try to get a hang of it one more time (I've failed to really "get" it twice in my life) and if I succeed, I'll try to make a tutorial for it. That should work since, as someone that currently doesn't understand how to use it, that'd help me know exactly what parts people might get stuck at. Then we have a shot at actually play-testing these cards ourselves.

What i meant with excluding Fiend King from his own effect, is that you can currently loop him by summoning another Fiend King (you control 2 fiends in that case which both cannot be attacked)
I think your idea of keeping at a set of 50 is great Dat Sleepy Furret.
I honestly don't know such a site, sorry can't help you with that.
Also, here is another set of cards:

[spoiler=Assassination Order]
8wsfpLZ.jpg
Discard 2 cards, and declare 1 Card Name.
During your Second Standby Phase after activation, destroy all monsters with that name. Your opponent can destroy this card by discarding 2 cards.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Biochemical Injection]
VNv4U92.jpg
Equip this card to a monster you control. It gains 1000 ATK and DEF. During each of your End Phases, pay 1000 Lifepoints or banish this card and the equipped monster.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Chaos Elementalist]
qzxvK6M.jpg
This card is also threaten as a Dark-Attribute Monster. When a monster would be send to your Opponents Graveyard while this card is in your Graveyard, you can banish this card to Banish the sent monster.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Eclipse Huntress]
gpAsFva.jpg
While you control 3 or more Dark-Attribute monsters, any card send to the Graveyard is banished instead.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Ghost Buster]
nuCBxAi.jpg

When battling a Zombie or Fiend Attribute monster, this card gains 1500 ATK and DEF until the End Phase. Any Zombie or Fiend Attribute monster destroyed by this monster is banished instead of being sent to the Graveyard.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Infiltration Expert]
5w1nyir.jpg
This card can attack your Opponent Directly. When this card deals Battle Damage to your Opponents Life Points, Flip this card into Face-Down Defense Position.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Mindbreak]
gDvXa65.jpg

Tribute 3 monsters from your Hand and/or Field, and declare 1 card name: Destroy all copies from your opponents hand and deck. If he doesn't have that card in his hand, you lose the duel.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Shadow Master]
BXBQHuK.jpg
3 Level 4 Dark Monsters
When a Dark-Attribute monster you control would be targeted for an attack, you can detach 1 material to switch the attack target to this card instead.
[/spoiler]

I know, quite a lot of cards.
Any suggestions etc just tell me.

Mindbreak is a bit much.
Like, If it actually does something, then it's a -1. If it doesn't, then it's anywhere from a -3 to a -2. Add to it, it could easily backfire and the drawback it has is just absurd. No offense, of course.

It was the one card i was unsure about.
YCM glitched, its a quick play spell btw.
No offense taken, but i want the drawback to be there, as you basically see their hand, playing a second copy could allow you to eradicate your opponents hand.
Maybe nerfing it down to 1 tribute, and replacing the you lose the duel with you can only use this card once per duel?
I can agree the cost is insane

Well you can always use um...

Duel Monsters Genesis (After downloading a program with lots of fanmade games called BYOND)

I THINK you can use custom cards on that. Not COMPLETELY sure mind you XP

Also, hun, this should help. http://www.xerocreative.com/yvdmanual.pdf

It looks rather simple.

Cant wait to get internet XP

A manual.... that works.

*Hugs*

I'll go through it.

Wow, this looks like great fun. I am not really an expert on Yugioh, but could I join? 

Edit: How about this card?

Wise Master Iguana

Level 5, Reptile-type, WATER, ATK 1900 DEF 2350

Lore:

All face-up monsters on the field that do not attack during their controller's Battle Phase gain 400 ATK during the End Phase.

Edit 2: Another card!

Lucky Leveler

Normal Spell card

Lore:

Target 1 monster you control: Declare 4 different numbers from 1 to 12. Roll a die, then flip a coin. If the coin lands on heads, double the number on the die. Change the targeted monster's level to the number on the die. If it is one of the 4 declared levels, increase targeted monsters ATK and DEF by 500 until the End Phase. You can only activate the affect of 'Lucky Leveler' once per turn.

Definitely not the best way of wording it, but I could not think of any other way to. I thought the ATK and DEF boost would just be a small bonus, as it is just a 1 in 12 chance of getting the level you need. If it relies too much on luck I might make it that it is optional to flip the coin if you want.

Hmmm....

Maybe you could ,make it a bigger boost, but make it only for next turn?

As for the spell...

Well theres this card that makes it so that you just roll a dice, and select a monster in your hand, and that monster becomes the # on the dice, making you able to normal summon level 5 or 6 monsters easily.

IDK I find it a bit needlessly complicated and luckbased, as well as hard to apply to much stuff.

Also, you're always welcome, hun ;3 *kisses cheek*

Wise Master Iguana
Level 5, Reptile-type, WATER, ATK 1900 DEF 2350

Lore:
All face-up monsters on the field that do not attack during their controller's Battle Phase gain 400 ATK during the End Phase.

Effect could be re-worded like:

Once per turn, during the End Phase of your turn: Increase the ATK of all face-up monsters you currently control, that did not declare an attack previously this turn, by 400.

Lucky Leveler
Normal Spell card

Lore:
Target 1 monster you control: Declare 4 different numbers from 1 to 12. Roll a die, then flip a coin. If the coin lands on heads, double the number on the die. Change the targeted monster's level to the number on the die. If it is one of the 4 declared levels, increase targeted monsters ATK and DEF by 500 until the End Phase. You can only activate the affect of 'Lucky Leveler' once per turn.

This seems a bit janky.
Like, it has a rather large luck dependency and could easily result in failing on itself. Not to mention, if you somehow "guess" the right number, and it happens, you only get a 500+ boost until the End Phase. on top of that, because it's rather difficult to pinpoint an actual number for the outcome, and if you take into account the fact this card can screw itself over with it's own gimmicks, it just makes it a rather hard card to work with.
No offense, of course.

N1c8FrL.jpg
Is this better? And if anyone wants to give it some better art, please go ahead.

Also, what about an Xyz Spirit Monster? Just something I thought up, might work because we are starting again:
Sun Spirit
LIGHT
Fairy/Xyz/Spirit
Rank 4

Lore:
2 Level 4 monsters
Can only be Special Summoned by Xyz Summon. During the End Phase, if this card is face-up on the field: Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card. If you cannot, return it to the Extra Deck.

because we are starting again

It's not so much "Starting from scratch", but rather... Trying to make it more balanced as a whole. but it's funny, because we have yet to actually debate some form of actual power level, for as far as power creeps go.
Which is why we don't really have any Archetypes and a lot of effects and what-not are often scatterbrained and/or Attribute-specific. Because it's more reliant on things as a whole. Or something like that. Sleepy can give a better insight on this.

I think I understand you, Armadilloz. Anyway, here is another card. If anyone wants to make a card/use any of my ideas in anyway, feel free.

Underworld Soul

Level 1

Earth

Fiend/Effect

ATK 0/DEF 500

Lore:

When an opponent's monster is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard; you can send this card from your side of the Field to the Graveyard. The destroyed monster cannot be Special Summoned or returned to the Hand and Extra Deck from the Graveyard while this card is in the Graveyard.

Of course, you would still be able Banish it then Summon it, or return it to the Deck.

I believe a good guide to follow, for vanillas, is

1 star-

400 atk, 500 defense or so

2 star -

700 atk 800 defense or so

3 star - 

1000 atk and 1100 defense

4 star - 

1500 atk, 1600 def or so

5 star - 

2000 atk, 2100 defense or so

6 star -

2300 atk, 2500 defense or so

7 star - 

2500 atk, 2700 defense or so

8 star - 

2900 atk, 2900 defense or so

9 star - 

3200 atk, 3200 defense or so

Just saying, that could be basic guidelines for each individual stat, though a monster that maxes both might be a bit too powerful, so perhaps a level 4 with 1400 atk and 1000 defense would be good

Effects can make attack and defense lower or higher, depending on what is needed to balance the card for the game

The reason is simple.

A 1800 atk level 4  is a bit OP. Juuust a bit. Given that in the old game, 1800 atk, or 2000 defense, was sign of a REALLY good level 4 vanilla.

A 1800 atk level 5 is underpowered

A 2500 atk level 6 is overpowered

A 2200 atk level 7 is underpowered.

See?

They were bases in the old game.

Like I said, its not like every mosnter has to follow them, we could have specially weak ones or specially strong ones, but not MANY of those

And of course effects would impact the atk and def of monsters

Archived