The Pen & Sword Lounge

Ren✧

Well, you would have had a field day with this one fic that appeared last year. It was one I reviewed with HB!, and basically, the character kept going on and on about snow. Because of it, whenever I see snow used in the same paragraph more than three times I am VERY prepared to bust a nut. Like, you have NO idea how annoying it was to see such a pathetic woobie of a character yarn on and on about what is the most boring element ever.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I swung a sword at him

Has about the same effect as 

He swung a sword at them

First person and third person just differs in that First person doesnt peek into others characters minds, just the ONE person.

Oh and

Second person is obviously best.

Obviously.

1. Do you prefer to write or to review?  I honestly prefer to write reviews.

2. What genre do you like to write about?  Fantasy, mostly, though I do dabble into noir on occasion.

3. What form of writing do you enjoy the most(Short story, novel, poem, etc)?  Short stories.  

4. Why do you write? Is there someone that inspired you to write?  I write because I can, honestly.  I usually do so in incredibly short bursts and tend to drop what I'm doing in the middle of it to pursue something else.

5. Any special title you would like to hold?  Swagduke.

1. I prefer to write - and I don't like reading online works as much as real books because of the layout, which feels odd to an avid IRL reader.
  2. Most of my "fun" works cross science fiction and fantasy, but for serious competitions or schoolwork I tend to gravitate towards realistic horror or thrillers. (Just because English teachers don't like "Green blobs, robots, wars and AK-47s".)
  3. As a rule, I don't like poetry, but I have done a couple of poems. I like short stories, because I haven't the patience to write a novel, which most of my finished works (which, by the way, compose about 10% of all I write).My preferred form is the novella, but I very rarely have the patience to write one.
  4. I write because I'm an ideas guy. I throw different ideas around, stuff I've seen, read or drawn, (I like the comic, especially manga medium too) and end up with a rough idea of where I'm going to go with a creation. It's the ideas that I revel in - also the reason why I end up discarding so many projects halfway through: they just aren't exciting enough for me at the moment.
  5. I don't know... "You"?

Oh, and if there are any typos/mistakes in this post, it's because the user above me has a signature which involves a man shooting at me, causing me to perpetually glance upwards; I get subconsciously scared every time...  

1. Do you prefer to write or to review?  I honestly prefer to write reviews.

2. What genre do you like to write about?  Fantasy, mostly, though I do dabble into noir on occasion.

3. What form of writing do you enjoy the most(Short story, novel, poem, etc)?  Short stories.  

4. Why do you write? Is there someone that inspired you to write?  I write because I can, honestly.  I usually do so in incredibly short bursts and tend to drop what I'm doing in the middle of it to pursue something else.

5. Any special title you would like to hold?  Swagduke.

1. I prefer to write - and I don't like reading online works as much as real books because of the layout, which feels odd to an avid IRL reader.
  2. Most of my "fun" works cross science fiction and fantasy, but for serious competitions or schoolwork I tend to gravitate towards realistic horror or thrillers. (Just because English teachers don't like "Green blobs, robots, wars and AK-47s".)
  3. As a rule, I don't like poetry, but I have done a couple of poems. I like short stories, because I haven't the patience to write a novel, which most of my finished works (which, by the way, compose about 10% of all I write).My preferred form is the novella, but I very rarely have the patience to write one.
  4. I write because I'm an ideas guy. I throw different ideas around, stuff I've seen, read or drawn, (I like the comic, especially manga medium too) and end up with a rough idea of where I'm going to go with a creation. It's the ideas that I revel in - also the reason why I end up discarding so many projects halfway through: they just aren't exciting enough for me at the moment.
  5. I don't know... "You"?

Oh, and if there are any typos/mistakes in this post, it's because the user above me has a signature which involves a man shooting at me, causing me to perpetually glance upwards; I get subconsciously scared every time...  

I'm sure you'll be welcomed heartily when Rene gets back online, so I might as well say Hi.

And that is also the best excuse ever. I must ask Luca to post in my thread before every update so I can use it.

I'm sure you'll be welcomed heartily when Rene gets back online, so I might as well say Hi.

And that is also the best excuse ever. I must ask Luca to post in my thread before every update so I can use it.

Luca.  I actually really like that name.  Thanks!  I think I found the new thing I would like to go by.

Oh, that was merely a joke, you don't have to refer to me as Swagduke.  Just call me Luca.

My real name is Naomi, but everyone here will probably refer to me as Lunar.

I'll call you tiel because I like to be edgy, (Hipster went out of style or is that innovator, which ever one I can be a smart*** in,) and reminds me of 1 of my favorite Stargate character.  

Funny, cause Good Friday's supposed to be a miserable day. Can't say I disagree with that, cause my opening shift today was a trainwreck.

Beyond that, my dad's in Philidelphia while my mom and grandma are up seeing my sisters before driving up to Wisconsin to drop grandma off. Meanwhile, I'm left home alone with the dog once again until Tuesday. On the bright side, My mom paid me $250 for the last 2 weeks worth of dog-sitting days and also left me some Easter sweets. So yeah, my whole week's been made.

I'd totally be up for a poetry contest, but I say we first do that roulette challenge that you brought up earlier, DL.

That being said, I should probably get working on shipping Remo with his right hand.

Lack of activity here is my fault. Been swamped, and have put my time into preparing for RPs and I totally lost track of everything. Right now, I don't have time to organize a contest, but anyone else is free to do so. Preparing for some major tests over the next few weeks as well as several trips(one across country) for my Speech & Debate team

Lack of activity here is my fault. Been swamped, and have put my time into preparing for RPs and I totally lost track of everything. Right now, I don't have time to organize a contest, but anyone else is free to do so. Preparing for some major tests over the next few weeks as well as several trips(one across country) for my Speech & Debate team

How about the random plot contest? The one where we come up with some random words and use a plot out of it. It seems cool and interesting. Does anyone want to try? 

Yeah, let's do it. I'll even organize it if everyone's okay with it.

All everyone needs to do is fill out this app:

Username:

Three stereotypical people (jock, goth, nerd, etc.):

Location (warehouse, park, grocery store, etc.):

Object (any realistic object):

Time:

Mood:

Once everyone's entries are in, I'll just make a list for each category and put them into randomizer. I'll set the word limit to 5,000 (~10 pages.) That should be enough. If anyone wants a higher limit, please tell me.

Archived