The Pen & Sword Lounge

Ren✧

That's a good point. We might as well start over and PM the categories instead.

That's not what I meant.

We can see this part of the process because of the randomization part. No one is getting the person, place or thing they have now. And none of the final submissions are going to have the same person place and thing as the submissions we've already seen.

The "random" part is that we should be taking all of the people in one pot, all of the places in another, and all of the things in a third, and dishing out, randomly, one per pot to each contestant. THAT part will be through PM so no one but the organizer knows.

My point was only that no one should be writing a story based on the groups of persons, places, and things we've seen so far, because that's all going to be randomized.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah okay, that makes sense.

So should we wait for one more person or are we good with 5?

More people would broaden the randomization and make it more interesting, but I guess it would also increase the amount of writing that the "judges" have to read.

In that case, let's just stick with 5 unless someone else wants to jump in.

I'll throw all the submissions into the randomizer and PM the prompts to everyone. Once all submissions are in, I'll put up the thread.

I'm pretty lenient with deadlines, especially with projects of this magnitude. So I'll give it a couple weeks and figure it out around my work schedule.

Oh, and I've said this before, but I'm gonna set a 5000 word limit unless someone wants that increased. 

A word of warning from my end: I'm coming up on my last 3 weeks of school. That means a week of papers, a week of studying, and a week of exams.

I'll do my best though. End of the first week is probably when I'll try to get down on it.

That's not what I meant.

We can see this part of the process because of the randomization part. No one is getting the person, place or thing they have now. And none of the final submissions are going to have the same person place and thing as the submissions we've already seen.

The "random" part is that we should be taking all of the people in one pot, all of the places in another, and all of the things in a third, and dishing out, randomly, one per pot to each contestant. THAT part will be through PM so no one but the organizer knows.

My point was only that no one should be writing a story based on the groups of persons, places, and things we've seen so far, because that's all going to be randomized.

I thought it was going to be like that from the beginning!

Also, my schedule is nearly the same as Agro's: A week of studying, a week of exams, then a school trip for a week to Wales, so I'll try but I will be busy too. 

I know the challenge is randomized.

But I didnt know whether in that same challenge we implemented the no-tell thing.

If we were supposed to know what everyone was writing about, he would have posted the randomized person/place/things instead of PMing them.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this club still active?

1. Do you prefer to write or to review? I can do a little bit of both, at the moment. But don't expect me to review an entire book because I don't have enough time for that.

2. What genre do you like to write about? Anything that comes to mind. Fan-fiction is the dominant genre, though.

3. What form of writing do you enjoy the most(Short story, novel, poem, etc)? Short stories, mostly.

4. Why do you write? Is there someone that inspired you to write? Haven't really had a particular reason to write lately, but something was circulating through my head the last couple of days and when I decided to get it down on paper, I just couldn't stop writing it.

5. Any special title you would like to hold? Resident Eye Candy

I'm surprised Matt isn't in the club. :(

Is this club still active?

1. Do you prefer to write or to review? I can do a little bit of both, at the moment. But don't expect me to review an entire book because I don't have enough time for that.

2. What genre do you like to write about? Anything that comes to mind. Fan-fiction is the dominant genre, though.

3. What form of writing do you enjoy the most(Short story, novel, poem, etc)? Short stories, mostly.

4. Why do you write? Is there someone that inspired you to write? Haven't really had a particular reason to write lately, but something was circulating through my head the last couple of days and when I decided to get it down on paper, I just couldn't stop writing it.

5. Any special title you would like to hold? Resident Eye Candy

I'm surprised Matt isn't in the club. :(

I am in this club. I just haven't entered any contests or participated much due to IRL stuff that's far more important to sort out than writing right now. Said event is currently ongoing, though seems to have come to naught (as these writing club's inevitably do)

Also Renegade has similar IRL issues, I'm led to believe.

I guess I can give you the heads up and say there's no reason you'd be rejected, although whether this will continue I don't know.

Archived