YCM YouTube Channel

Aix

Since it apparently warrants a new thread, the name's been changed to YCM Network

As of now I'm currently the only one with the account info, but I'm assuming Aix is also interested in managing the channel so I've just sent him the details. 

No clue how we'll go about deciding the other channel directors though. 

Since it apparently warrants a new thread, the name's been changed to YCM Network

As of now I'm currently the only one with the account info, but I'm assuming Aix is also interested in managing the channel so I've just sent him the details.
No clue how we'll go about deciding the other channel directors though.

Would you prefer to discuss this overall somewhere private, or do you believe that an open topic anybody can analyze and contribute to would be better? One allows you to filter out the insensible and bad ideas (generally from lesser-invested members) through discrimination whereas the other will allow quicker access to ideas and input that you would not have had otherwise, as well as a generally more democratic, rather than oligarchic approach.

Honestly, the BEST THING EVER would be a weekly "WATCH ARMZ PLAY RETRO VIDEO GAMES" that he would update once a week with commentary and a different game every week and it would be funnier than all the competitors because it's Armz and he's a comical mastermind. Also to hear him make awesome, obscure references.

That is, if he'd be willing, I would totally endorse it.

I freaking approve.

Would you prefer to discuss this overall somewhere private, or do you believe that an open topic anybody can analyze and contribute to would be better? One allows you to filter out the insensible and bad ideas (generally from lesser-invested members) through discrimination whereas the other will allow quicker access to ideas and input that you would not have had otherwise, as well as a generally more democratic, rather than oligarchic approach.

Well the channel has already been made, thus far everyone seems to be for it, for the most part, and much of the ground work has already been completed. 

I do want the development of the channel to be openly discussed, but a thread in News doesn't seem like the place to do it. 

Alternatively, we can make a club, therefor only those who legitimately want to assist in the progression of the channel will get to voice their opinions whilst still being able to "filter out the insensible and bad ideas."

Well the channel has already been made, thus far everyone seems to be for it, for the most part, and much of the ground work has already been completed.

I do want the development of the channel to be openly discussed, but a thread in News doesn't seem like the place to do it.
Alternatively, we can make a club, therefor only those who legitimately want to assist in the progression of the channel will get to voice their opinions whilst still being able to "filter out the insensible and bad ideas."

Of course, I would support the creation of a club, as well.

The development should not be open enough that anybody who does not care at all can give joke suggestions (like Glitch a few days ago) that amount to nothing while being open enough to allow people sincerely interested the ability to make honest suggestions at will. Making a club means that membership should be mandatory to weed out those not willing to invest in it.

I would personally very much like to help, though. I'm quite literally unable to make videos showing myself (you can thank my mother for that), but I can do almost anything else. Could you make some sort of status update when the club is up or notify me in some way? If not, I am also willing to check the section often.

I'm personally f***ing tired of the concept of "It isn't worth our time" You're on a f***ing card making site for Christs sake, if anything is worth your time it's being attached to a form of creative medium, don't like it? Don't need to be anything to do with it, continue browsing this site in a useless manner. Now on to people who actually aren't boring as all hell.

I'm more than happy to get together and create a podcast with a few members if necessary-hell I could even stream it assuming it would warrant it and then do the editing and upload it to Youtube/YCM (Night I'd need you to create some form of overlay for webcams and afk screens) I'm more than happy doing some directive based production seeing as I have been apart of the YouTube thing for like 5/6 years. The podcast would be YCM news possibly a section for TCG etc (although this depends as I have no clue about TCG or anything of the lark, possibly a section about discussing posts in graphic showcase etc etc)

But in general I love this idea.

Archived