YCM YouTube Channel

Aix

logo.png

YouTube Channel

It seems that most YCMers are in favour of creating a YCM YouTube channel, so let's actually get to making this happen. We need to create an actual name for this channel since I'm really not satisfied with YCM Community Channel.

At any rate, let's get some planning done, anyone who would be willing to help in creating videos, speak up now. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

[spoiler="What the Channel is about"]

about showcasing member created content in a different form for enjoyment.

It's going to be used for whatever we want. Art, games, yugioh, anything and everything really.

Basically any sort of member content. This site has a section for nearly everything, so it's basically a free for all. As long as it is made by YCMembers, it can be put here.[/spoiler]
[spoiler="Suggestion Box"]Any supported suggestions will be put in this box.
- Showcase-related stuff
- Yugioh articles

- Let's Read[/spoiler]

Fan-fic reading (or Let's Reads) sound like a fun idea. That and Night's suggestion for podcasts, which would basically be a bunch of people on Skype with microphones and facecams.

Is it possible to make a decent video of facecam Skype calls with Windows Move Maker?

YCMN (YCM Network). Sorted, next.

It's up to contributors to think up regular (regular is hopeful) shows. Pretty much a group get together, let their idea pass through a channel elected moderator, and bish bash bosh. The usual, sprawling podcasts, let's-plays, reviews, art crap and the like.

Fan-fic reading (or Let's Reads) sound like a fun idea. That and Night's suggestion for podcasts, which would basically be a bunch of people on Skype with microphones and facecams.

GDI Thar I was coming in here to say that >=

Also,hall of fame would work better like this. J/s

Only I'm allowed to pull the hyperbole card.

Um, no you aren't.

Also,hall of fame would work better like this. J/s

Soooo, a video with fanfare-esque music, Skype-recorded speeches, and a stream of pictures that make it look like an actual HOF ceremony?

EDIT: I'm pretty sure Mugen quoted me, but it's not here...

Someone should retsupurae the Fanfic section, obviously.

Also, future YCMLs can be featured on the channel with commentary like the 2012 one.

We could do Achievement Hunter YCM Weekly Updates.

Also, with regards to articles n' junk... What if we did card/Archetype reviews at the same time? O,o

______

@Weekly updates:

Week 1: Pendulums haven't been added to the cardmaker.

Week 2: Pendulums haven't been added to the cardmaker.

Week 3: Pendulums still haven't been added to the cardmaker.

Week 4: Pendulums still haven't been added to the cardmaker.

Week 5: Pendulums still haven't been added to the cardmaker.

Week 6: Pendulums...nope. Still haven't been added to the cardmaker.

@Archetype reviews:

Yes and no. Yes, because showing duels with the deck is a great idea. No, because written form is easier to describe the cards.

If it does happen, it should be accompanied by a written article.

Would it still be a good idea to have one part of the videos be interviews? I think it would be better than typed ones (referring to the previous ones) as they allow much more expression and the interviews would be much, MUCH less contrived/mechanical and more entertaining or even humorous. Not to mention it could actually help people who are usually shy or something open up a bit.

Honestly, the BEST THING EVER would be a weekly "WATCH ARMZ PLAY RETRO VIDEO GAMES" that he would update once a week with commentary and a different game every week and it would be funnier than all the competitors because it's Armz and he's a comical mastermind. Also to hear him make awesome, obscure references.

That is, if he'd be willing, I would totally endorse it.

Honestly, the BEST THING EVER would be a weekly "WATCH ARMZ PLAY RETRO VIDEO GAMES" that he would update once a week with commentary and a different game every week and it would be funnier than all the competitors because it's Armz and he's a comical mastermind. Also to hear him make awesome, obscure references.

That is, if he'd be willing, I would totally endorse it.

This sounds like such a good idea. Like... the best idea ever.

Archived