Blueblood [ OoC | PG-16 | Started | Not Accepting ]

Aix

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouod mine be sufficient enough? Not quite sure what i'd ad to
It....

I think establishing friendships souds like a good idea, honestly. Gives us somethig to work off of and saves us the trouble of getting everyone introduced to one another.

Not chemistry with specific people, just how good you typically are at working in a team. Remember that in the context of this RP, your characters have trained together for years. Raine, yours is sufficient enough though.

I'm hesitating on whether we should establish actual friendships between characters. I've seen it done on other RP sites.

That sounds like a good idea, it forces us to read other people's applications and get to know interactions better.

I have no objection

As a robot Herrman is literally forced to take orders, and the only circumstance which could override them is the moral choice between targets. i.e he would disobey a direct order if the admiral were to be harmed by that order or as an indirect consequence of him abiding by it.

@Neph: I'm really happy to have racist characters because the tendency is always to be non-racist when in reality, a lot of Alfar are highly prejudiced, and it will be amusing to see such a sweet character discriminate. As for your mech, I hope you understand that Asimov's Laws dictate that robots cannot harm sentient beings. There's also no way that creating a gravitational field requires less energy than using thrusters. Especially in space where propulsion is only needed for acceleration and decceleration (things in motion stay in motion, if you accelerate to an extreme speed you will stay at that extreme speed for indefinite time even without propulsion).

Well I took the idea for the mech basically from Chamber (Suisei no Gargantia), and the main propulsion system is an 'artificial gravity sink', and so I was imagining versus blasters, like why they would use that over blasters, so maybe less cost, or less destruction to rest of environment, IDK, so if you want me to change it to blasters, I can.

And by Asimov's Laws, what would happen in like a battle scenario?

Blasters would be much prefered. In a battle scenario, let's say the robot completely hands over control and only helps you with pointing out targets and such, except in emergency situations where it will place your safety over the enemy's and act.

Guys, start reading each other's apps and post your relations with each character to see if the other person agrees.

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/314645-blueblood-ooc-pg-16-not-started-accepting/page-3#entry6383105

Finished the app, I fear that Chaos's character and mine might be too similar. If that is the case, I can definitely try and go back to edit it, but please note that it was completely coincidental, I only read through Chaos' character to look for possible pre-established relations. 

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/314645-blueblood-ooc-pg-16-not-started-accepting/page-3#entry6383105

Finished the app, I fear that Chaos's character and mine might be too similar. If that is the case, I can definitely try and go back to edit it, but please note that it was completely coincidental, I only read through Chaos' character to look for possible pre-established relations. 

Damn Windows updates; made me lose what I had <_<

I'll start again.

Untitled10_zpse97368db.png
"Men are all zee same; nosink more zan gloatink bigots. Vye else voult I keep vun as a sub-ordinate?"

Personal Information

Name: Verena Gudrun

Race: Alfar
Date of Birth: June 19
[spoiler=Appearance]Verena is a dark-skinned Alfar who naturally stands at 5' 10", with a BWH ratio of 31-20-24. Her platinum white hair reaches down to her lower back, with a couple of bangs that typically rest on her breasts. There are several strands of black hair as well, that have roots ingrained somewhere in the middle of Verena's scalp and run alongside her left cheek. But they are only few in what must be thousands. Apart from the milk choclate skin, the few off-colored strands of hair and perhaps her height as well, the only visual difference Verena has to other Alfar is her left eye having a black sclera, which is somewhat off-putting to her appeal. Verena doesn't seem to wear much clothing; only a simple white men's shirt and a long black skirt... as well as underwear of course. She's often seen with iPhone in pocket and earphones in ears too.

e8d4fb392d3c5ae8624d89aca90b9d6f8396d3a5[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Personality]Behind what seems to be a calm and patient shell is an often quick and decisive persona within Verena. But then again, if there's any situation in which she doesn't react to quickly, then it probably means she was never going to react to that particular to begin with. Verena tends to spend most of her time keeping an eye on Harley, who she refers to as her sub-ordinate; more specifically, she wants to make sure Harley's blatantly obvious lust with girls doesn't get him into trouble. Or if she feels like some alone time from him, the next best place to find Verena would be either alone on a bench listening to music on her iPhone, or conversing with some female students.

That's right; aside from Harley, Verena will only spend time with girls. She'd even rather praise a human girl for her achievements than a male Alfar for his, which is rare among Alfar. Truth is, Verena has issues with guys in general regardless of race, although not in such a manner that she'd be outright hostile to them for the sake of being hostile, and will disregard what the vast majority of them think or say about her, unless they start to get on her nerves. The only reason she has Harley as a sub-ordinate is because they were once childhood friends. On the outside, Verena believes that all guys do around her is brag about their accomplishments or what they think they can accomplish, or they only pretend to be kind because they want something in return. But deep down, however, she hopes that Harley of all people can prove her wrong.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Back Story]Not much is known about how Verena Gudrun had gained the ability to produce electricity out of thin air as she does. Some records state that she was hit by a freak bolt of lightning and had been harboring the electrical current of that bolt ever since, but fail to state how she could've survived. Others mention the possibility of Verena being a guinea pig at the time in the name of fringe science and that the amount of static electricity on her body was greatly enhanced as a result of experimentation, but have largely been dismissed as nothing more than wild theories. There are even some, although extremely scarce, statements among Verena's historical archives that both these events happened at once. Details about Verena's special power are a convoluted mess, but what can be reliably said is that she inherited it prior to her 8th birthday.

It was also on her 8th birthday that Verena's father held a private function for his company, which her family and those of several employees had attended. Among the other families that attended was the Quinton family, and it was through that that Verena had met Harley Quinton for the first time. Verena was very shy at that stage as it was her first time conversing with anyone other than her parents, but eventually the two managed to befriend each other for the duration that they saw each other. However, Harley and Verena had to go their separate ways after a few years, never to meet again until they got into Academy 9.

Before her own enrollment into Academy 9, there was one prep school that Verena had attended, and her first few days at said prep school was where her 'feminaziness' started to stem. And it was all because of a few boys that wouldn't stop picking on her for her freakish eye. She tried to ignore them, but they wouldn't stop with their insults and eventually she snapped. Since then, Verena herself was starting to become the big bully of the school; although she'd keep physical violence to a minimum, she did toss around plenty of intimidation tactics and spiteful remarks. Later, near the end of the semester, Verena was asked kindly by her mother to simmer down, and she obeyed, but her mood around men remained sour, and stayed as such even during her entire first year of Academy 9. However, during the holiday season that followed that year's last semester, Harley managed to finally get a hold of Verena, and told her he managed to get himself enrolled. Verena was surprised at first, but highly disapproved of Harley when he blabbered out that he lied about his credentials, and lost some respect for him as a result. Still, Verena now has a little hope that there would be some exceptions to what she believes to be a typical male, but her sourness hasn't exactly dimmed in the slightest.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Abilities]Despite what her appearance suggests, Verena has the physical strength to contend with any Alfar male, or a male of any other race supposedly stronger than a human; even the more musclebound ones that train extensively. As such, she can force almost anyone to unhand her should they get any ideas.

Verena's most prominent ability, however, is her ability to produce anywhere up to 120 amperes and 350 coulombs of electricity from her body; about the same as a large bolt of negative lightning. Verena can use this to power up the controls and weapons of her specialized mecha unit by using an exposed piece of skin on her body to conduct the lead wires. Outside of combat, the only practical purpose of this ability is to shock anyone whose mitts she wants off her.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Other]Both Verena and Gudrun are actually first names in German, with Verena meaning "to fear or respect" and Gudrun meaning "divine rune".

Also, in case you couldn't tell by the quote, Verena speaks in a German accent too.

Favorite colors are black and white. Favorite season is Winter.

Verena prefers to sit by herself when listening to music. If she's in the middle of listening to one of her favorite songs, she'll even continue listening to it during class, although she has the decency to at least use one ear to listen to the lecture.

Theme Song: Wide Awake, by Katy Perry

Ideal Voice Actors: Tara Sands (En)/Erika Nakagawa (Jp)

[spoiler=First Thoughts of Other Characters:]WIP: Will be started on once Harley is (nearly) complete.[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

You mean similar to Jakuzure's character? I suppose it's fine, really, but feel free to make changes if you feel it's necessary.

Archived