Action Duel Tournament! [Semi-Finals: The Last Choice]

Well unless there's a loser's bracket then I think it's safe to at least say what they played since its relevant to the Field and how they played out.

... It's swiss. No one is outright disqualified.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We used Acidic Downpour G1, which wasnt bad at all. It helped my deck significantly (despite my loss) and of course due to my loss clearly wasnt overly detrimental to Rodrigo.

G2 we used Venom Swamp, and let me tell you, that was a nightmare. I was literally unable to play my deck as it was meant to be played, and had to come up with outlandish alternate strategies it wasnt built for in order to stay afloat, and ultimately lose. I think it would have been a bit better if it retained that it would only destroy a monster with 0 ATK if it became so as a result of the venom counters, but I can see why it was changed to this.

Ah, so you crawled out of the first round. Well the good news is you get a breather now, no rain melting through your face or snakes biting your muddy behinds... we're off to see the sights! Explore a variety of ruins and legends in this tour we've grown to call, wait for it, WORLD TRAVELS!

Three wondrous locations await you challengers, to explore the ruins therein and, perhaps, use them to your advantage?

Now follow us, duelists, onto our best touristic landmarks! Fair warning though, some of them might suffer from lack of breathable oxygen.

Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins
Everything within its boundaries is harder that you would think. Your destroyed monsters will not be destroyed - they will turn to dust!  As in, magical dust. You can use it for shit. 

Lemuria, The Forgotten Capital
Oh yeah, this is what I mentioned about oxygen. Your monsters should swim together, or they might drown... Though when they do, they might find boons through the sunken depths! Find all kinds of treasure -like golden stars! Whoever lived here really liked giving away those for some reason.

Sargasso, the D.D.Battlefield
This one third place is completely average really. Got everything a tourist wants to photograph: Black discrimination, White discrimination, ...Purple discrimination... and they hate Blues in there too. I think there are ships floating there. No ocean though. Though I guess it somewhat is like the ocean, because you can't breathe in it! ...Beeeecause there's no atmosphere. Anyway, good luck, have fun; this is Cave Johnson.
[spoiler=Bracket][/spoiler]

Actual Fields will be added to the first post, though see if you can figure out what it means beforehand.

Remember, G1, 2, and 3 each have a field spell selection in a match. And the player who goes second gets to select the field for the round.

Now, good luck to all, and remember to include a copy of each field spell to your deck, and banish them when the round starts!

Ah, so you crawled out of the first round. Well the good news is you get a breather now, no rain melting through your face or snakes biting your muddy behinds... we're off to see the sights! Explore a variety of ruins and legends in this tour we've grown to call, wait for it, WORLD TRAVELS!

Three wondrous locations await you challengers, to explore the ruins therein and, perhaps, use them to your advantage?

Now follow us, duelists, onto our best touristic landmarks! Fair warning though, some of them might suffer from lack of breathable oxygen.

Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins
Everything within its boundaries is harder that you would think. Your destroyed monsters will not be destroyed - they will turn to dust!  As in, magical dust. You can use it for s***. 

Lemuria, The Forgotten Capital
Oh yeah, this is what I mentioned about oxygen. Your monsters should swim together, or they might drown... Though when they do, they might find boons through the sunken depths! Find all kinds of treasure -like golden stars! Whoever lived here really liked giving away those for some reason.

Sargasso, the D.D.Battlefield
This one third place is completely average really. Got everything a tourist wants to photograph: Black discrimination, White discrimination, ...Purple discrimination... and they hate Blues in there too. I think there are ships floating there. No ocean though. Though I guess it somewhat is like the ocean, because you can't breathe in it! ...Beeeecause there's no atmosphere. Anyway, good luck, have fun; this is Cave Johnson.
[spoiler=Bracket][/spoiler]

Actual Fields will be added to the first post, though see if you can figure out what it means beforehand.

Remember, G1, 2, and 3 each have a field spell selection in a match. And the player who goes second gets to select the field for the round.

Now, good luck to all, and remember to include a copy of each field spell to your deck, and banish them when the round starts!

eh.. I can't see the bracket

EDIT #2: Might as well make it result post.

Won against Raito 2-0.

First game we used Rainbow Ruins, it won me the game.

Second game we used Lemuria. It didn't really do anything. Raito made a misplay that cost him the game, otherwise it could've easily gone to him.

Overall I feel that Rainbow Ruins is a bit unbalanced, offers too much advantage in certain situations.

Round 2 went poorly for me. G1 I was on the brink of losing; Was using the Ancient Ruins and I neglected to use the attack negation effect and next turn because it wasn't in the grave it cost me the duel and Vector popped it. G2 used Lemuria, only this time it was neglecting to set a monster, but the same scenario occurred.

It went quick and honestly I do feel frustrated; This round better go on quicker.

Archived