Action Duel Tournament! [Semi-Finals: The Last Choice]

For the field spell counters why not give them to the players themselves instead of the spell? So instead of saying "The field spell has 8 counters" you could say "Black and Welche each have 8 field spell counters."

I literally thought of this while thinking how to make Gate Blocker work.

They would be "Field Spell Counters" so that they still do not interfere with any other card.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the field spell counters why not give them to the players themselves instead of the spell? So instead of saying "The field spell has 8 counters" you could say "Black and Welche each have 8 field spell counters."

I literally thought of this while thinking how to make Gate Blocker work.

They would be "Field Spell Counters" so that they still do not interfere with any other card.

What field spell counters? It's not like speed world o.o

What field spell counters? It's not like speed world o.o

Well besides Gate Blocker shenanigans, if someone picks Clocktower Prison or Tower of Endymion or whatever the person going second is obviously gonna win that, so why not give them individual counters instead?

Unless I'm remembering clocktower's effect wrong.

I guess a better wording for the rule I was talking about would be "During the End Phase of your turn, if you did not conduct your Battle Phase and control at least 1 face-up Attack Position monster that could have attacked that turn, draw 1 card." As for the timing of it, I guess it would activate at the very start of the End Phase before any other effects, as it's a game rule.

I think that rule might potentially be abusable in some decks, though, like Bujins who can just sit there and wait it out.

I would also join the tournament, but I don't really play competitively, and no doubt there are going to be a ton of competitive-style decks since there aren't many restrictions besides no alt win.

'yeah, I liked your idea, just couldn't figure out a practical way to do it without giving unfair advantages.

Didn't restrict because last times I did people b****ed so idk

Sorry about that >_>

It was a combination of things, not just the restrictions

Welcome to round 1 of the tournament! In this round, you and your opponent will be subjected to environments that are... less than friendly to your health and wellbeing! We like to call this round... HAZARDOUS BIOMES!

In these environments, you will overcome the challenges each pose, if not embrace them, and defeat your opponent!

And the environments are as follows!

Venom Swamp

A putrid swamp filled to the brim with liquids that will slowly drain your strength and kill you! Only reptiles dare tread here without fear, and even those with strong stamina will eventually succumb, if not sooner than those with a strong will!

Spider Web

In this arena, you and your opponent will be harassed by - you guessed it - Spiders! At the end of each of your moves, they'll have traps laid out for you, provided you aren't one of their own, that force you to kneel down or stand up, based on where you already were. But fear not, spiders can't get to you if you act like a turtle, and neither can your opponent! At least, in theory.

Acidic Downpour

And the final stage for the first round is rain, glorious rain... that may have a slight side effect of burning your skin and flesh off! Wonderful, right? Those with stamina will prevail in this arena, whereas those who have only a strong arm will fall prey to the effects of the rain! And we all know that zombies couldn't care less about losing their flesh, so good luck if they chase you through the curtain of rain!

[spoiler=Bracket]

actndltrnmntI.png

[/spoiler]

Actual Fields will be added to the first post, though see if you can figure out what it means beforehand.

Remember, G1, 2, and 3 each have a field spell selection in a match. And the player who goes second gets to select the field for the round.

Now, good luck to all, and remember to include a copy of each field spell to your deck, and banish them when the round starts!

EDIT: Also, if you would give feedback on the fields/which you used/etc., it would be much appreciated. Right here, in public. Just don't spoil peoples' decks.

I dun losed.

Why do the Action Fields not count as card effects :(

Because, if they count as card effects, they can be negated, and that means they count as cards, which results in them being destroyed.
And we can't be cheeky little bastards and fuck up the system Black so painstakingly put into place.

Because, if they count as card effects, they can be negated, and that means they count as cards, which results in them being destroyed.
And we can't be cheeky little bastards and fuck up the system Black so painstakingly put into place.

Yeah this.

He wasn't actually asking though, mind you.

Venom Swamp was used for both rounds of our match. Pac used Rhongomiant, so the duel was dragged out to weaken its power but generally things like Ragna Zero helped out nicely.

I was a little surprised that some deleterious and hazardous stages would be in store for round 1. But if that was only the beginning then what is next?

Archived