Action Duel Tournament! [Semi-Finals: The Last Choice]

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been going online and have been sending PMs but Welche has not replied. Dementuo dropped, and Black hasn't been that active. But since the tourney is waiting on us and the deadline has already passed, then it's more of a chance this tourney may be cancelled.

I've been going online and have been sending PMs but Welche has not replied. Dementuo dropped, and Black hasn't been that active. But since the tourney is waiting on us and the deadline has already passed, then it's more of a chance this tourney may be cancelled.

til, if it's 12.5 hours after the deadline it's cancelled =|

And how have I not been active? I was distracted yesterday, but that's /1/ day.

Hell it's only 13.5 now. Sorry for having rl constraints.

*clears throat*

Welcome, to Round 4 - Gateway to the Final Frontier!

In this round, you'll be pitted against harsh environments that punish you for entering them! But it's worth it, because it leads to great rewards and fame! A defiled garden, a sacred tomb, and a kingdom of blood await your final journey into the ether!

Black Garden

This thornbush will curse you for every breath you take and every move you make! Briars will attach to you and drain you and your opponent, rendering you helpless! But fear not, you have a 1-time repellent for the spikes! Just beware that damage adds up quickly in this realm, because the black roses are kind to no one!

Vampire Kingdom

In this realm, your bloodlust will be shot to new highs! Agressiveness is encouraged for all, as is speeding through the game, so keep an eye out before you lose all of your blood! The vampires won't come down and assault you, merely grant you some of their powers; Who knows, you may become one of them!

Necrovalley

Behold, the resting place of kings past! In this realm, any moves you make concerning the dead are strictly limited, keeping you from your full potential! You'll be punished for even interacting with them as well, but never too much! Just keep your limits clear, and the Gravekeepers will let you on your way; After a little punishment, at least~

Cards will be added to the OP momentarily, and the bracket should be updated!

You have until 11 PM EST on the 22nd to finish your matches!

I won 2-1, but these fields were pretty silly.

We operated under the assumption that Vampire Kingdom works for both players once triggered regardless of who triggered it. If that is not the case, then Hina takes the win (also the field is absurdly imbalanced in favor of certain decks in that case).

Not a fun round. The fields we used were Black Garden, Vampire Kingdom and Vampire Kingdom. In the first game I was locked down with 5 tokens and that was it (there should have been provisions to not let this happen). In the second game I barely won, probably only because we forgot about Vampire Kingdom's effect a couple of times, which resulted in a game that actually made sense. Third game was an overly long series of field effect exchanges.

I lost 2-1.

First game was Vampire Kingdom, where the second effect wasn't really applied at all since neither of us relied on the mill strategy. But I took that round and generally we took advantage of the +500 on the Dmg Step. Second field was Necrovalley. Wasn't that hindering, but since i chose that field I was hoping it would have been more threatening but nevertheless Fake Rodrigo did well loopholing that too. Last game was another Kingdom but I just lost. And that's that.

Nasch.dek definitely had the potential to OTK but really had no good Xyz options. I relied more on the counter traps I had since I knew Heraldics could have been that spammy but CDD stole the win around that.

Heck even if I drew Soul Drain in that duel that would have been no problem for you maybe. :I

Wildflame's Evilswarms are ridiculous. They clobbered me 2-0.

And Black Garden is broken as all hell. If your opponent can out-Summon against you, they can lock your field down, and sit on their hands until you waste away. And don't get me started on the Tributing effect. If they are smart, they can get rid of any good targets.

Of course, it helped that I had a crap deck, because I apparently can't do anything.

And I didn't have a side deck, because I don't know how to side.

I don't know why keep doing this. Why I enter these tournaments.

I hope you all had fun.

Sorry for delays, but I am about to head out with family. And I got here at 7 in the morning. So rounds should be updated by tonight.

Alrighty, no worries. Welche still has yet to read my PM, so I don't know how you wanna go about our game.

actndltrnmntIfinals.png

Welcome to the Semi-Finals of the Action Duel Tournament! The Last Choice! The four of you have fought your way through the other competitors and fields to face off here and now!

This Semi-Final Round is special, because there are only 2 Field Spells to choose from! Each of them will test your will to reach the finale, either by offering you enticing power or taking it all away from you to fight man to man!

No spoilers this round, just straight-up field announcement! And only 2 right now!

300px-TheSealofOrichalcos-LC03-EN-UR-LE.300px-FutureVisionsANPR-EN-SR-1E.jpg

The Seal Of Orichalcos
All monsters gain 500 ATK. Each player can only Special Summon 1 card from your Extra Deck per turn. Each player can only target their opponent's monster with the most ATK for an attack.

Future Visions
When a monster(s) is Normal or Special Summoned, negate the effects of that monster(s) and banish them OR discard 1 Trap Card. If that banished monster was an Xyz Monster, banish its Xyz Materials face-down. During the second Standby Phase after a card(s) were banished by this Field: Special Summon that banished monster in Attack Position. If that Special Summoned monster was an Xyz Monster, attach face-down banished cards to that target face-up equal to the number of Xyz Materials attached to it when it was banished.

Thanks to all competitors thus far, but sadly... You are all the weakest links! Goodbye~!

You have exactly 72 hours from now to do your matches. Good luck.

Archived