Action Duel Tournament! [Semi-Finals: The Last Choice]

So after watching Arc-V's third episode, I realized that they had the potential to use any field spell as their stage. Cards such as Mountain and Wasteland were shown, and that inspired me to make this. While I can't be quite as accurate as I'd like to be, due to the unrealistic and luck based mechanics Action Duels have, I can try to emulate the field approach, considering the fields are a general gamestate as opposed to cards; Much like Duelist Kingdom or the World Duel Carnival Finals.

I will not be participating in this tournament, merely hosting it, with Marco's help. So please, enjoy! This is for... entertainmate.

Looking for 16 people!

[spoiler=Rules]
Games are to be played on www.duelingnetwork.com

You must have 300 or more posts to join. I know this isn't perfect, but...

DUEA and DRLG are legal.

This tournament will be 4 rounds of Swiss with Best of 3 matches, followed by top 4.

Each round will last 3 days, bar unforseen circumstances of participants.

You must turn your decks in to Marco and  myself. Same PM. You may not edit your deck, except for the inclusion and removal of Field Spells, for any reason. You should make a side deck.

If you need an extension, PM me ahead of time. Last minute will not be tolerated, nor will blatant stalling.

Burn and alternate win conditions are banned. Same applies for mill. This is to improve the overall entertainmate of the tournament.

Nothing else is banned at this time, other than every Field Spell Card and whatever is on the April 2014 TCG banlist. Furthermore, the TCG rulings on the draw phase are in effect, so the player who goes first will draw a card on their first turn.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=On the Action Duels themselves]
Each round, 3 Field Spells will be named. Both players will have to put 1 copy of each of those Field Spells into their deck at the beginning of each round and remove them before the next round. Both players will both banish all 3 at the start of the duel (If they draw one, banish it and draw once more)

The player who goes second gets to choose the field for that game. That player will then get the banished copy of that card back and activate it. So say, Player A goes first game 1, so player B chooses. Player B chooses Field 3. Then G2, Player B goes first. Player A then chooses Field 2. If there's a G3, then Player B would, once more, get to choose a field for the game.

All Field Spells have effects that work with both players, instead of just one. Cards will be edited as needed to do so, and these edits will be announced. For example:

The Gates of Dark World:
Once per turn, the turn player can banish 1 monster in their Graveyard; they discard 1 monster, and if they do, draw 1 card.

This effect would be applied to both players, but only during their turn. HOWEVER, this is not treated as a card effect, with the fact that it starts a chain being there for, say, Abyss Dweller to respond to. It is a part of the gamestate itself, and cannot be negated in any fashion.

This is a new idea, so questions, comments, rulings, concerns, etc. are all welcome.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Members]
Apply with your DN user.

#. YCM/DN - Deck in?

1. Dementuo/StrikeoftheChampion - Yes
2. Harpie's Feather Duston/kanokarob - Yes
3. Welche/! Welche - Yes
4. Vector Nightmare/Nightmayre - Yes
5. Raito-Kun/ByakyaKuchiki6 - Yes
6. Ryūko Matoi/YRPOtaku169 - Yes
7. CDDRodrigo/CDDRodrigo - Yes
8. Pacmanexus/-Pacman- - Yes
9. Aqua Hina/-Sakaki Yuya- - Yes
10. Giga Hina/sasori.nara - Yes
11. Wildflame/Wildflame - Yes
12. Loyalist/Chrisl123 - Yes
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Round 1: Hazardous Biomes fields]
Venom-Swamp.jpg?1386978204
Venom Swamp:
During each player's End Phase: Place 1 Venom Counter on each face-up monster, except Reptile-type monsters. Monsters lose 500 ATK and DEF for each Venom Counter on them. All monsters with both 0 ATK and a Venom Counter(s) on them are destroyed.

AcidicDownpour-TF04-JP-VG.jpg
Acidic Downpour:
All monsters lose 500 ATK and gain 400 DEF, except Zombie-Type monsters.

SpiderWeb-TF06-JP-VG-Area.png
Spider Web:
If a monster declares an attack, change its battle position at the end of the Damage Step. It cannot change its battle position until the End Phase of its controller's next turn. (This is optional for Insect-type monsters.)
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Round 2: World Travels fields]
480px-AncientCity-RainbowRuins-TF04-JP-V
Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins:

When a face-up monter you control is destroyed by an opponent's card (by battle or effect), place it in your Spell and Trap card zone as a continuous Spell Card instead of leaving the field. You can send monsters placed in your Spell and Trap Card zone by this ability or by their own effect to the Graveyard and apply the following effects based on the number sent: You can activate each ability once per turn.
 ● 1: Negate the next attack this turn from a monster your opponent controls (this is a Quick Effect). ● 2: Destroy 1 Spell or Trap card on the field. ● 3: Negate the activation and effect of a card or effect and destroy it. ● 4: Draw 1 card then place 1 monster in your Graveyard onto your field as a Continuous Spell Card. ● 5: Destroy all other cards on the field.

LemuriatheForgottenCity.png
Lemuria, the Forgotten City:
The field is always treated as "Umi". You can send 1 face-up Spell Card you control to the Graveyard for a cost that would require sending "Umi". While all monsters you control (min. 2) have the same original(printed) Attribute, those monsters gain 200 ATK and DEF. Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You can have all monsters you currently control gain or lose Levels equal to the number of  monsters you currently control, until the End Phase. This ability can only be activated while all monsters you control have the same Type and/or Attribute.

Foto_mar_de_los_sargazos_el_campo_de_bat
Sargasso, the D.D. Battlefield:
Each time a monster is Special Summoned from the Extra Deck or by Ritual Summon: The Summoning player takes 800 damage. You can discard 1 Spell Card to ot take this damage. During each player's End Phase, the turn player takes 400 damage for each face-up Synchro, Xyz, Ritual, or Fusion Monster they control. If a Synchro, Xyz, Ritual, or Fusion Monster would be sent to the Graveyard, it is banished instead.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Round 3: Trick in the Night fields]
300px-GhostrickMansion-SHSP-EN-C-1E.png

Ghostrick Mansion
During the End Phase of each turn: Flip all face-up monsters on the field face-down, except Fiend, Spellcaster, or Zombie-type monsters. Monsters cannot attack face-down Defense Position monsters, but can attack directly if all monsters their opponent controls are face-down Defense Position. If all monsters a player controls are face-down: All damage they take is halved.

300px-GhostrickMuseum-LVAL-EN-C-1E.png
Ghostrick Museum
Monsters cannot attack during the turn they are Summoned. Monsters cannot attack face-down Defense Position monsters, but can attack directly if all monsters their opponent controls are face-down Defense Position. At the end of the Damage Step, change any non-Fiend, Spellcaster or Zombie-Type monster that inflicted battle damage to a player during this battle to face-down Defense Position.

300px-GhostrickParade-PRIO-JP-C.png
Ghostrick Parade
Monsters cannot attack face-down Defense Position monsters, but can attack directly if all monsters their opponent controls are face-down Defense Position. Once per turn: You can flip 1 face-up Attack Position monster you control face-down, except a Fiend, Spellcaster, or Zombie-Type Monster. If your opponent attacks you directly: You can banish the top 3 cards of your deck face down to either negate that attack OR Draw 1 card. You can only draw 1 card in this manner per turn. You can only negate 1 attack in this manner per turn.

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Round 4: Gateway to the Final Frontier fields]
300px-BlackGarden-AP04-EN-C-UE.png

Black Garden
All monsters on the field have their ATK halved, but it is treated as their original ATK. When you summon a monster: Your opponent Special Summons 1 "Cursed Rose Token" (Plant-Type/DARK/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0). "Cursed Rose Tokens" cannot be used as Synchro Material, Xyz Material, Fusion Material, or tributed except by this Action Field Spell. During the turn player's End Phase: They lose 500 Life Points for each "Cursed Rose Token" they control. Once per duel: You can Tribute any number of "Cursed Rose Tokens" on either player's field to target 1 monster in either player's Graveyard whose Level or Rank is equal to the number of "Cursed Rose Tokens" tributed; Special Summon that monster from your Graveyard, but it cannot attack this turn.

300px-VampireKingdom-SHSP-EN-C-1E.png
Vampire Kingdom
An attacking monster gains 500 ATK during damage calculation only. Once per turn, when a card is sent from the Deck to the Graveyard, except by this Action Field: You can send 1 monster from your Deck to the Graveyard with the same Type and Attribute as a monster in your Graveyard. When you do: target 1 card on the field; destroy that target.

300px-Necrovalley-AP04-EN-UtR-UE.png
Necrovalley
Each player can only Special Summon 1 monster from the Graveyard per turn. Each player can only activate 1 card or effect that interacts with a card in the Graveyard per turn, and if they do, that player immediately loses 1000 Life Points when that card or effect resolves. Each player can only activate 1 effect in the Graveyard per turn, and if they do, that player immediately loses 500 Life Points when that effect resolves.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Semi-Finals: The Last Choice]
300px-TheSealofOrichalcos-LC03-EN-UR-LE. 
The Seal Of Orichalcos
All monsters gain 500 ATK. Each player can only Special Summon 1 card from your Extra Deck per turn. Each player can only target their opponent's monster with the most ATK for an attack.

300px-FutureVisionsANPR-EN-SR-1E.jpg
Future Visions
When a monster(s) is Normal or Special Summoned, negate the effects of that monster(s) and banish them OR discard 1 Trap Card. If that banished monster was an Xyz Monster, banish its Xyz Materials face-down. During the second Standby Phase after a card(s) were banished by this Field: Special Summon that banished monster in Attack Position. If that Special Summoned monster was an Xyz Monster, attach face-down banished cards to that target face-up equal to the number of Xyz Materials attached to it when it was banished.
[/spoiler]

Bracket:
http://images.challonge.com/actndltrnmntI.png

Tournament begins when we get all the decklists! Decklists due 3 days after it fills up/by the 2nd!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm joining this tournament; Sounds like fun being an entertainment duelist.

DN Username: ByakuyaKuchiki6

Action Cards do seem hard to implement as well as balance them, but possibly you could have a pile of proxy Action Cards at the start and depending on the circumstances you could activate 1, probably once per turn or with a cost.

If you want to make it more like Action Duels from the anime, you could always make a rule that if you have a face-up attack position monster(s) and could attack with that monster(s) that turn but did not, you can draw a card during your End Phase. Just an idea. I don't really have anything else to contribute.

It sort of simulates how you would ride around on your monsters and such instead of attacking.

"This effect would be applied to both players, but only during their turn. HOWEVER, this is not treated as a card effect, with the fact that it starts a chain being there for, say, Abyss Dweller to respond to. It is a part of the gamestate itself, and cannot be negated in any fashion."

so no normal field spells would be allowed play since it has not happened in the show yet, alright, understandable.

as an idea to use for the "action" part or the action duels, I would suggest this.

once per turn you may roll the die, and may roll it one additional time if you control a monster in atk mode that did not attack.

all rolls are gainned at EOT,, but you may choose to roll anytime before the beginning of your next turn. unused rolls are wasted.

each number gives a different action duel card, if you have multiple rolls, you may only keep one at a time. there are bad rolls possible, having multiple rolls would allow you to avoid this.

you may only hold on to one at a time. if you have one when you roll, you can choose to ignore it and keep what you have on you at the time.

some ideas, nothing that outright gives a card advantage, but it would give a well timed roll the perfect chance to disrupt a play.

1:miracle evasion : block half the damage anytime you would take it, and negate the removal of cards that would be removed by the effect or destroyed by the attack.

2 armor break: keeping this roll uses up the action card immediately, causing all monsters on the field to lose 900 ATK and DEF.

3: avoid: ignore an attack or effect that targets. everything else happens as normal.

4: rocks fall: keeping this roll uses up the action card immediately, destroy all face up monsters

5: block : negate the activation of a spell/ trap, and return it to the controller's hand, any card with the same name in the deck or hand, can not be played until the beginning of the next turn.

6 power up!: keeping this roll uses up the action card immediately, 1 monster gains 1000 ATK, and you gain life points equal to half its new ATK.

The only idea I'm even remotely entertaining is Slayer's.

I don't want to add a luck based action card mechanic in any way, shape, or form.

Yeah, Slayer's sounded pretty good, but that whole die roll thing would be annoying as hell.

Heya, trying to send my deck in and i'm... getting this...

The following errors were found

The following CC users have chosen to not receive messages from you: 170146

This personal message has not been sent

Im not sure if this is just a little error, if I should be offended, etc, but it sounds to me like either Mugen and/or Black have blocked me, sooo...

EDIT: Looks like the issue was with Black, so for the moment, just sent it to Mugen.

Archived