Xenoblade Chronicles X

Lonk

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Giant worm and shadow of colossi monsters are still ridiculously impressive

They really are.

Also, I'm thinking that my favorite character in the game is going to end up being Lynlee, just because I like the fact that she's 13-years old and is Mecha Engineer.

• 2 weeks later...

Two more playable characters have been revealed:

img_chara07-02.png

This is Nagi.

img_chara06-02.png

This is Guin.

And, according to the [url=http://xenobladex.jp/information/index.html#info150129]site[/url], there's a promotion that celebrates the release of Xenoblade's port to the 3DS on April 2nd, where you can get the Xenoblade soundtrack and illustration cards drawn by Kunihiko Tanaka if you are register your copy of the game at Club Nintendo.  It's Japan Only so far, but looks to carry the promotion overseas with its wording of 'limited release of the Wii version'.

On the note of them giving out the soundtrack, its always bugged me that outside of Japan video game soundtracks don't really go on sale. I would love to buy the Xenoblade one, but like, its kind of hard to do.

Anyway, Nagi designs doesn't really make me think "playable character". Guin's does. Weapon KIND OF makes me think of Ryan.

On the note of them giving out the soundtrack, its always bugged me that outside of Japan video game soundtracks don't really go on sale. I would love to buy the Xenoblade one, but like, its kind of hard to do.

Anyway, Nagi designs doesn't really make me think "playable character". Guin's does. Weapon KIND OF makes me think of Ryan.

I probably shouldn't use the term 'playable character' since it just only describes the bios of major characters.  Major character is more of a term I should've put on.

Anyways, here's some more information revealed about the game from Famitsu and Tetsuya Takehashi himself:

– You can add scars or beauty spots to faces in the character creator
– In New Los Angles, there are four main areas: blade area, industrial area, commercial area and residential area
– The main character joins BLADE and takes part in the group’s various activities
– In order to search for human pods scattered around Mira, you have to expand the information system called Frontier Network
– If you establish a Data Probe, the data of the surrounding area will be added to the system
– Data Probes can be established in spots called Frontier Network Spot
– A pillar of light helps locating a Frontier Network Spot
– Frontier Network info can be seen on the GamePad
– Map info includes player location, quest target area
– Can warp to already visited places
– Although the GamePad normally works as a terminal, the game can also be played on the GamePad screen
– The activities of BLADE are separated into 8 different divisions called Unions
– Available tasks differ depending on the Union you join
– The player can freely choose which Union to join
– The player can also enter a different Union after the initial decision
– Path Finder: Union for pioneers. Responsible for establishing Data Probes. Expands the Frontier Network.
– Interceptor: Responsible for suppressing native life forms. Guards research teams and rescues citizens.
– Avalanche: Interceptor protects while Avalance attacks. Suppresses dangerous creatures.
– Testament: Search and collects the wreckage of the White Whale. Also looks for things left behind in battlefields.
– Colepedian: Goes to various places of Mira to do research and collect materials.
– Land Bank: Searches Mira for stocking up resources in order to maintain the daily life. An important task is to gather minerals.
– Arms: Helps the “Arms company” to develop weapons like dolls.
– Companion: Helps the civilians of New Los Angles. Does almost anything as task vary from arbitrating quarrels to finding lost cats.

Player Avatars:

- customize the following: gender, face-type, skin color, hairstyle, eyes, makeup, and voice
- base designs for the avatars are done by Kunihiko Tanaka
- voice options for the avatar will be provided by famous voice actors
- these will be revealed on the official website in the near future

GamePad features

- use the GamePad as an information terminal
- while exploring, data accumulates on the GamePad
- freely get to access it afterwards
- some of the info available will be details on the player’s position & quest destination
- warp function installed on the GamePad
- this allows you to warp to areas you’ve previously been to

Comparisons to Xenoblade Chronicles:

- Mira is about five times larger than the world in Xenoblade Chronicles
- faraway areas can be reached via the Dolls (mechs) which are capable of flight
- Xenoblade Chronicles X is made to be an open-world RPG
- you accept quests in different areas and have many aspects that expand the story
- Xenoblade Chronicles X is a game from the same lineage as Xenoblade Chronicles
- it is not a sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles
- the meaning behind the “X” (cross) also has to do with connecting with players far away 
- described as a “loosely connected” online game
- a number of vocal tracks for Xenoblade Chronicles X
- around 90 tracks in the game, and composer Hiroyuki Sawano was involved with all of them
- battle system has the basic foundations of the one from Xenoblade Chronicles
- there is an increased sense of speed
- characters can use short or long-ranged attacks
- no healer-type roles
- healing is done through a new system called “Soul Voice”
- parties consist of four members
- player will control his or her character, while the other three are controlled by AI
- number of unique monsters and the equipment that you can acquire have been greatly increased
- a final playtest for the game clocked in at over 300 hours

200% hyped.

> no one mentions that the game was almost going to be released on 2 discs (which basically hold the same amount of data as a blu ray) to be able to store all the data from the game.

I was expecting someone else to say that, actually.

Gonna be getting a Japanese stream of the game world on the 6th from Japan. For a more local time, it will be at 8 AM EST.

As funny as it is, I somehow was able to read that on the official website, despite being in uncopiable Japanese.

Just to let you know, Tetsuya Takehashi confirmed that the world is 400 square kilometers.  That's bigger than Witcher 3, Skyrim and Xenoblade's worlds combined.

Size of the world means nothing to me unless they can fill every inch of it with something interesting.

Size of the world means nothing to me unless they can fill every inch of it with something interesting.

Indeederooni.  This IMO was the main problem with Twilight Princess.  

That being said, I do like how, at the very least, they can make worlds that big in Wii U games. 

I don't even really mind it being that big, even if there's not much that's interesting. It kind of reminds me of SotC, except a lot bigger: mostly flat, featureless rolling hills or plains, with maybe some stuff in the distance. A real tone setter for me, personally.

Archived