Xenoblade Chronicles X

Lonk

7 DLC Packs are announced for XCX.

Each pack includes 3 support quests, 3 additional quests, a new character with unique moves and blueprints for new Skells and weapons.

Each pack costs roughly $4 OR you can buy all 7 for $17.  The packs will be releasing on May 8th in Japan.

Already people are screaming about Nintendo making bad DLC practices with this.

630x.jpg

Some of the DLC stuff.

My friend made the comment when he told me about this. To be fair, it looks like its a decent price for the content, but launching a game and giving it DLC a week after launch is troubling. 

Also, the guys from yovideogames streamed the start of the game yesterday. Not sure how much more they will be showing, but if you want to check it out it should be in the backlog. 

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My friend made the comment when he told me about this. To be fair, it looks like its a decent price for the content, but launching a game and giving it DLC a week after launch is troubling. 

To be fair, this content was more than likely made after the game was finished in development.  The people at Monolith Soft have to do some form of work between the completion of the game and its release.

I don't see any problem with any sort of DLC as long as it isn't a way for the developers to lock away content.

To be fair, this content was more than likely made after the game was finished in development.  The people at Monolith Soft have to do some form of work between the completion of the game and its release.

I don't see any problem with any sort of DLC as long as it isn't a way for the developers to lock away content.

I'm not that bugged by it either. Not to mention, it seems like a solid deal for the price.

Gamers are entitled little shits.  That's a completely fair amount of DLC. 

And at a good price too!

It's not like Arkham Knight where the season pass costs $40.  Plus, you don't have to buy the DLC to get a complete experience either.

The lack of orgasms over [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syrTstCZe-4]Uncontrollable (the 'You Will Know Our Names' of the game)[/url] is disturbing.

This is a perfect example of a track where the vocals feel much more like an aesthetic instrument than something to carry along the song.  Heck, I think it's just as good as You Will Know Our Names if not better.

The lack of orgasms over Uncontrollable (the 'You Will Know Our Names' of the game) is disturbing.

This is a perfect example of a track where the vocals feel much more like an aesthetic instrument than something to carry along the song.  Heck, I think it's just as good as You Will Know Our Names if not better.

The theme is sweet, though I think I do prefer You Will Know Out Names. Feels a lot more like a battle theme. Curious what this games Engage the Enemy is.

The theme is sweet, though I think I do prefer You Will Know Out Names. Feels a lot more like a battle theme. Curious what this games Engage the Enemy is.

Engage the Enemy is probably Melancholia.

One Who Gets in Our Way is EX.01.

Also, did you hear any of the Continent Themes not named Primordia?  [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeSlh24sF5c]Noctilim[/url] is freaking amazing.

Engage the Enemy is probably Melancholia.

One Who Gets in Our Way is EX.01.

Also, did you hear any of the Continent Themes not named Primordia?  Noctilim is freaking amazing.

Melancholia is really good. Hip-Hop (I think thats what you'd call it) isn't something I particularly enjoy but I like it here. Just like Before My Body is dry. Funny that. lol.

EX.01 has the dramatic tone of One Who Gets in Our Way.

Noctilim is indeed sweet.

Melancholia is really good. Hip-Hop (I think thats what you'd call it) isn't something I particularly enjoy but I like it here. Just like Before My Body is dry. Funny that. lol.

EX.01 has the dramatic tone of One Who Gets in Our Way.

Noctilim is indeed sweet.

The continent themes are nothing short of amazing.  Another example is [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YjJ4ZM1KWA]Sylvalum at night[/url].

So, in listening to the theme again I somehow adore the hell out of it. Not sure what changed in the past 24 hours.

MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE SOME OF US ARE TRYING TO NOT SEE ANYTHING MORE ABOUT THE GAME BEFOREHAND 8D

I'm cool with listening to the music. Especially since a bunch of the tracks have been used in trailers and what not.

MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE SOME OF US ARE TRYING TO NOT SEE ANYTHING MORE ABOUT THE GAME BEFOREHAND 8D

You were already spoiled to the music of the game, Agro.  It's just that they had no context to them.

So, in listening to the theme again I somehow adore the hell out of it. Not sure what changed in the past 24 hours.

Probably because it's trying to be its own thing rather than be You Will Know Our Names, which is very cool.  Sawano accomplish his duty of making XCX's soundtrack an orange compared to XC's apple.  Both are amazing in their own right, but none surpass the other in quality.

Probably because it's trying to be its own thing rather than be You Will Know Our Names, which is very cool.  Sawano accomplish his duty of making XCX's soundtrack an orange compared to XC's apple.  Both are amazing in their own right, but none surpass the other in quality.

I feel like that might be my problem. I want stuff like XC when that isn't what X's soundtrack is at all. It does touch on it a little, but its sound is VERY distinct. Also very much done by Sawano. I've noticed he really likes to use German and Hip-Hop in the stuff he does.

I feel like that might be my problem. I want stuff like XC when that isn't what X's soundtrack is at all. It does touch on it a little, but its sound is VERY distinct. Also very much done by Sawano. I've noticed he really likes to use German and Hip-Hop in the stuff he does.

Takehashi wanted Sawano to create an unconventional soundtrack for this game, which explains why it sounds so distinct.

I've been doing my best to avoid ANYTHING about this game, so as to avoid being spoiled. This includes all posts in this thread beyond my last.

Is there anything I should know about this game that's not a Story/Content spoiler?

Takehashi wanted Sawano to create an unconventional soundtrack for this game, which explains why it sounds so distinct.

It very much does. I mean, I don't think many games have a ton of vocals and a lot of the songs seem to have them in this game.

I've been doing my best to avoid ANYTHING about this game, so as to avoid being spoiled. This includes all posts in this thread beyond my last.

Is there anything I should know about this game that's not a Story/Content spoiler?

I don't think we've talked about any spoiler stuff here. Most of the discussion has just been on the soundtrack.

We've been talking about the soundtrack.  You missed the Dolls/Skells and the online component.

It very much does. I mean, I don't think many games have a ton of vocals and a lot of the songs seem to have them in this game.

I don't think we've talked about any spoiler stuff here. Most of the discussion has just been on the soundtrack.

What I like about the vocals in the game are that they rarely overpower the melody; they're simply there to compliment it.

[url=http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/05/03/xenoblade-x-misses-top-spot-on-major-japanese-retailers-sales-chart-but-nintendo-platforms-dominate/]Xenoblade X is Number 4 in the leading sales charts in Japan.[/url]

Though it lost out to Puzzles & Dragons 3D and the Dragon Quest X games in number of sales (not hard to believe, considering the popularity of the three games in Japan), it beat out Bravely Second and other titles.  And keep in mind that this is just for the individual retail of the game and not the Wii U bundle with Xenoblade X.

This is actually very good news, considering that the game is more than likely going to sell better in other regions than in Japan (especially if Nintendo does plan to release a Wii U bundle with Xenoblade Chronicles X included and will prioritize advertising it).

• 3 weeks later...

[spoiler=Click here to see major spoilers]

vSxxCXw.png

This is the final boss of the game, and it's Lao as the Chimera Telethia.

[/spoiler]

Good lord is this one of the creepiest things I've ever seen.  This game is definitely much darker and edgier than the preceeding game.

Archived